NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:27 pm

Cooper

Luckily enough for Carrie, Cooper had busied himself with finding a way back into the mansion. He found the button that activated the secret doorway on the wall adjacent, then slammed a paw against it. The panel moved and allowed Cooper access into the vigilante-infested area. Snarling, Cooper flew full speed towards the group. His original target was Bane, but a sharp pain in his chest caused him to barrel into Batgirl from behind.

Catgirl

Kitrina had been sleeping soundly throughout the initial mayhem, having passed out cold upon landing on the cushy warm bed she'd occupied. She was having a pretty pleasant dream, too, involving riding a horse through Gotham with Batman laughing as he rode on another horse next to her. Weird, but pleasant.

It took the police sirens to stir Kitrina from her slumber. The girl got up, eyes wide as the realization hit her. She slipped her cowl on and tore out of the room. Catgirl skidded to a halt near the top of the staircase, staring down at the hulking brute and heroes. Just what she’d do, Kitrina didn’t know. Instead of acting immediately, Catgirl waited for an opening to strike.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:08 pm

Batgirl

“Hey, asshat!” It was then that Whitesnake swung in through the hole in the ceiling and landed next to Batgirl, hitting the ground and rolling up beside her before popping up, and pointing his rifle at the giant man. “With all the ruckus you’re making, it’s difficult to get any sleep. Jackass!”

YES!!! Babs did a high-five in her head. When Bane had gotten up, shrugging off the piano like it was nothing, the pit of her stomach fell. At that moment, she honestly felt it was all over for her. But now, with her armored friend beside her, her spirits had just received a 500 percent mega-boost!

They had Bane beat! And then from the doorway, an arrow came flying through, aimed straight at the behemoth’s back!

[Helena] gave a nod of acknowledgment to the other heroes. “Batgirl. Optimus Prime. It’s a pleasure to join you.” Helena was trying her best to remain calm right now; she had to keep the mood light to keep herself from having a schizophrenic outburst. She ran to the other vigilantes’ side, turning to face their muscle man adversary.

And now Huntress too! Of course, this was the trampy Huntress that wore a G-string for a costume but right this moment, she was a welcome sight, G-string and all! For the first time in this fight, Babs actually managed a smile.

And then…she was hit from behind. Totally blindsided, she went flailing straight into Bane, barely managing to hang onto the grapnel in her hand...
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julutth
Secretary

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:30 am

Talia Al Ghul
Talia leaned over the edge of the slanted roof of The GCPD HQ building that she was perched on. She hadn’t been noticed yet — seemed like the moronic policeman were busy — but, if she was spotted, she wouldn’t mind. In fact, she would relish some trouble right about now. Too many things were swirling around in Talia’s head. She needed some bloodshed.

Talia couldn’t push the grisly memory of Bruce murdering the mayor out of her head. It couldn’t have been Bruce — Talia was sure of it. The long winding sentences, the overly sophisticated vocabulary of the killer — it all just wasn’t Batman. And the content of the speech certainly wasn’t right. The coldness. The bitter hatred. The rage. All that couldn’t belong to the man who had fathered her beloved son. A man she still cared for. Many people wrongly understood that Batman did his heroic deeds out of anger and hatred for the rats plaguing Gotham. To strike fear into the hearts of his opponents. They were dead wrong. Deep inside, Bruce was fighting for those who couldn’t fight for themselves. As a fellow warrior, Talia deeply respected that. The League itself fought for something that was vulnerable to the violent forces of the world: the ancient, pristine environment. The extinction of urban populaces would save the common man and Mother Nature’s resources. Of course, Bruce didn’t see it that way. Neither did Talia, really.

She’d received an SOS message from her father Ra’s as soon as the Batman incident was broadcast, and then the Bane message. Ra’s didn’t care who really committed the crime. Any anarchy in the streets of Gotham would bring the League closer to causing the extinction of urban residents. She had been ordered by her father to escalate the distrust of the Bat by murdering innocents and cops in Gotham and branding Bruce’s symbol in the victims. Ra’ believed that Talia no longer had feelings for Bruce. How wrong he was.

It was not that Talia had any skirmishes with killing innocent people. Quite the contrary; any being does as they were created to do. Talia’s purpose was to assassinate. She enjoyed it, she had a responsibility to do it, and killing was her natural calling. No, it was Bruce’s reputation she was worried about. She didn’t want the public to turn on him or worse...trace him to their son.

Talia had also received orders from the boss to find “Bane” and coordinate with him. They both had the same goals. Talia could roll with that. She half-expected Bane to find one of the League members, to take assistance or advice from the original Gotham anarchists.

Talia was just worried that, in finding him and possibly helping Bane, she might be dealing the doom of the Bat. So who would she be loyal to: the will of her father, or the safety of her lover? Talia just wished she could be loyal to herself. But that was never going to happen, as long as Ra’s, Bruce, and Damian lived:

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:38 am

The Imposter Mad Hatter
The Warehouse

Calling off the visiting of the Penny Arcade after looking at the time, the Imposter Mad Hatter had returned to the warehouse, now occupied by his motley crew of goons. There he had caught up on the news and after a rest sat in a chair considering the situation as he tinkered with the cane he had acquired from digging around in the warehouse the day before.

With the mayor dead, the military (which already had a presence in Gotham the last few days thanks to the meteor) called in, and the police out in force rounding up vigilantes, the city had become even more unsafe... at least as far as he was concerned. Once again, allies would b be important, as would to keep a low profile. Yet he was on top of his game with a brand new batch of shiny toys he had just recently acquired. It would be no fun to simply metaphorically throw down the towel, but he wasn't sure what his new course should be. Back before the Iceberg Lounge, before this anarchy, he had thought that perhaps he could have found a way to work against the vigilantes sanctioned by the government. It seemed possible to him that they be willing to hire someone to counter the vigilante threat and he could appear legit as he pulled together a profitable illegal business on the side. Profits were down of course ever since the destruction of the docks... it would be beneficial if he could bring some of the other freaks under control as well. That was all gone, of course, the plan went to ruin as the city burned.

Well, all I have for plans is this token now. Might as well investigate this.

"One of you is going to drive me to this Penny Arcade. Can't afford to take the Steamer... too obvious."
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:21 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Batgirl

“Hey, asshat!” It was then that Whitesnake swung in through the hole in the ceiling and landed next to Batgirl, hitting the ground and rolling up beside her before popping up, and pointing his rifle at the giant man. “With all the ruckus you’re making, it’s difficult to get any sleep. Jackass!”

YES!!! Babs did a high-five in her head. When Bane had gotten up, shrugging off the piano like it was nothing, the pit of her stomach fell. At that moment, she honestly felt it was all over for her. But now, with her armored friend beside her, her spirits had just received a 500 percent mega-boost!

They had Bane beat! And then from the doorway, an arrow came flying through, aimed straight at the behemoth’s back!

[Helena] gave a nod of acknowledgment to the other heroes. “Batgirl. Optimus Prime. It’s a pleasure to join you.” Helena was trying her best to remain calm right now; she had to keep the mood light to keep herself from having a schizophrenic outburst. She ran to the other vigilantes’ side, turning to face their muscle man adversary.

And now Huntress too! Of course, this was the trampy Huntress that wore a G-string for a costume but right this moment, she was a welcome sight, G-string and all! For the first time in this fight, Babs actually managed a smile.

And then…she was hit from behind. Totally blindsided, she went flailing straight into Bane, barely managing to hang onto the grapnel in her hand...

As the girl rammed into Bane, he stood a stalwart wall, making the impact all the more solid. He then grabbed the young woman from around her neck. His grip tightened around her throat, forcing the breath from her lungs. It was then that Whitesnake lifted his gun. “Drop your weapon. After all, it would be rather unfortunate if I accidentally snapped this woman’s neck while trying to disarm you.” Caleb hesitated. I can’t let this opportunity pass... but Batgirl... son of a bitch. His finger hovered over the trigger. He had a tranq bullet loaded in his gun. He could shoot Bane, here and now, and weaken him, possibly knock him out. But he couldn’t let Bane kill Batgirl. He couldn’t let an innocent die because he made a stupid move. He dropped the gun. “Good. Now, I will take my leave. And none of you with try to stop me. Or this Bat with die.” It was here Bane began to back away, still facing the heroes. He knew this, if not anything else, would attract Batman. A captured member of the bat family, and what’s more, James Gordon’s daughter. Along with the destruction of the Batcave, this would attract him.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:53 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:“I’ll take the torches and THAT,” she told L.B., jabbing a finger at the XDM, not expecting the empty-headed twit to know what it was. Reaching into her Chanel backpack, she pulled out a bulging envelope, stuffed with one hundred dollar bills, four inches thick. Held it in her gloved hand. “It has a bad power compensator so I’m not paying full price for it,” she stated flat-out. She started pulling out bills but stopped short. “You know...” she began, “I waited two-fucking-hours for you to open yesterday! TWO HOURS! Like an idiot! I don’t care about your fucking personal problems, what I DO care about is that you open your fucking store on time so that your fucking customers aren’t standing outside like fucking idiots!” Normally, she would have left it at that but she couldn’t help herself. “What happened to your hand? Did you cut yourself? Looks really bad.” She gave the girl a phony look of concern. “Looks like glass. Was it glass?” she asked in an overly sweet, mocking tone of voice.

Rashida Al-Ansari

This woman! This absolute trash of a person! Rashida had no doubt that it was her who was responsible for the glass on the door, and yet she still had the nerve to try to buy from her? She almost respected the gall.

Fucking bitch. I don't owe her anything, but I'll keep my fucking mouth shut... because she owes me for putting up with her abuse. I'll be damned if she doesn't pay me for her time.

As the woman continued Rashia simply glared and said nothing. It was a skill she had mastered over years of abuse and less than pleasant clientele. This trenchcoat wearing bitch was one such a person. The obviously comments about the hand nearly sent her over the edge, but she simply bit her lip. She'd get what was coming to her sooner or later anyway. All she needed was some way to get her name and she'd wake up without a television or since she seemed to be someone with a good amount of purchasing power... even more. Was it petty? Sure. But people needed to learn their place.
United States of Brainy wrote: “Let me see that,” she stated coldly though darkened lens, pressing her finger against the case, pointing at the copy of Miss Midnight #42 lying within.

Rashida obeyed unlocking the case and placing the plastic wrapped comic book on the table, yet she wasn't going to let this fucking bitch try to swindle her. After all, Rashida was in the trade to know about gadgetry... even if she was not familiar with how to use every last bit of it. As for the comic, it took a rather discerning eye to pick that one out as it was a fairly obscure character. Truly a treasure to the right market, it was not one of those treasures Rashida coveted. One she would part with for the right number, and there were some things she needed to purchase.

"I'm sorry ma'am about the device there, but I believe you are in my shop, and as such, you will be paying my prices. You know, you just can't get this stuff anywhere these days. I expect someone with such a fine eye to understand. As for my whereabouts yesterday, I apologize," Rashida's husky voice delivered as flatly as possible. There was bitterness to her words, but she didn't let her voice betray it. Still, it would be hard for anyone not to see the hatred behind her eyes.

"As for this comic... I understand it's very rare, but your in luck... if you would, ma'am, leave a name or some way of reaching you I can assure you that you'll be the first to know should I acquire any more."
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fronket
Envoy

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fronket » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:52 am

Commissioner Harvey Bullock
“Officer! What’s going on in there?!” Harvey barked through his walkie talkie, hearing the chaos in the other side.

“Sir...a group of heroes are fighting Bane inside Wayne Manor, including Batgirl.”

“What! Bane? How do ya know Bane? Arrest the lot of those menaces!”

“We know it’s Bane, Sir...he’s wearing the same mask that was on the broadcast. And we can’t possibly arrest all of them, there’s far too many! We can get Tim Drake though.”

“What! Drake is there! Arrest him NOW!” Harvey could barely contain his excitement. Maggie and Madison were gonna get promotions, he was so happy with them he was even considering making one of them Chief! “Oh, and don’t forget to take pictures for proof!”

“Yes sir. We have grabbed an unconscious man suspected to be Timothy Drake from the chair he was lying on. He’s in a truck and on his way to Blackgate Penitentiary.”

“Good! Have him share a cell with...hmmm...Victor Zsasz and Lady Clayface.”

Detective Maggie Sawyer
At that moment, Maggie and her partner burst through the door of Harvey’s office. She limped in, collapsing in a chair. Harvey had a wide grin plastered on his face.

“Girls, girls...I’m impressed! You’re both getting bonuses. And I’ve got an announcement to make.”

Harvey gathered all the detectives in the GCPD HQ in their main hall. Maggie and Madison were met with applause.

“Ladies and gentleman. From this day forth, Madison Clifford will be the boss of the Major Crimes Unit and the Homicide Department. Only second to two people: Me and the Chief. And folks, the Chief will be....Maggie Sawyer!”

Maggie turned in surprise. That had to be a mistake...
Last edited by Fronket on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:46 am

Batgirl

She slammed into Bane’s chest. It felt like hitting a brick wall. Stunned, the next thing she knew, Bane had his hand clenched around her throat. Started squeezing. Eyes widening, the grapnel fell out of her lifeless hand as the monster pinched off her airway. Gasping, clutching for the tiniest bit of oxygen, all Babs could do was stare up at the villain’s hideous face as he continued choking her.

“Drop your weapon. After all, it would be rather unfortunate if I accidentally snapped this woman’s neck while trying to disarm you.”

She couldn’t turn to see what was happening but assumed Whitesnake had his rifle aimed at Bane. “D-d-don’t do it…” she croaked, “sh-shoot him…” But then Bane tightened his grip and strangled any further words. The cords in her neck bulged like they were ready to burst and she could actually hear the bones crack. Black spots appeared before her eyes.

And then the sound of Whitesnake dropping his gun came to her and any hope she had vanished. Nooooo…

“Good. Now, I will take my leave. And none of you with try to stop me. Or this Bat with die.”

That was the last thing she heard before she blacked out, the hand around her throat the only thing keeping her lifeless body upright.

Lydia Sorenson

Lydia’s face lit up like an eager child as the woman laid the comic book on the counter. Carefully, she pulled the book out of its plastic sleeve as if it were a religious artifact. Treated the twenty-four page issue with reverence, like a bible.

Taking her sunglasses off, Lydia began delicately turning the pages. The outside world faded away as she lost herself completely in the noir-ish world of Miss Midnight. This was her mom. Her mom. She knew that the story was fake, fiction, just some claptrap cobbled together by a writer hurrying to meet their deadline. Still...

The artwork was uncanny, photorealistic. The resemblance between the masked heroine and herself unmistakable. She tore herself away from the illustrated fantasy only with extreme reluctance. Examined the physical copy critically. The issue was in near-mint condition, off-white pages, tight staples, high-gloss cover. A perfect issue. Ever so delicately, she replaced the comic inside its sleeve and put her glasses back on.

All the while, the pawn shop woman had been talking to her but Lydia had only been half-listening. Hadn’t even been looking at the woman, her gaze entirely focused on the comic. Lydia had noticed the frequent use of “ma’am” and the deferential tone though. The woman had even offered an apology for her earlier misconduct. It almost made Lydia feel bad about the broken glass. Almost.

"As for this comic... I understand it's very rare, but your in luck... if you would, ma'am, leave a name or some way of reaching you I can assure you that you'll be the first to know should I acquire any more."

Now…that had caught her attention.

She thought it over. She didn’t like giving out her personal info to any old fuckhead on the street. But…if the woman had a lead on how to get more issues of Miss Midnight. Her decision made, Lydia removed a business card from her wallet. Pulled a Montblanc pen from the inside pocket of her trenchcoat and started writing on the back of the card. Slid the card, front side up, across the counter. The card read:

Lydia Sorenson

Security Systems Specialist

Beneath that there was a phone number and an email address.

“I wrote the issues I need on the back,” she explained. “I’m willing to pay double the market value, whatever the condition. Of course, the better the condition, the better the price.” That would have been that but Lydia was feeling generous. She had gotten everything she had wanted and then some. And the pawn shop woman had obviously learned her lesson. Yesterday’s incident aside, she had always liked the woman. “There’s a bonus too. I couldn’t help but notice the ‘car’ (more like a piece of crap but Lydia kept this to herself) parked in the alley. I take it that’s yours? I have an Audi Spyder convertible. Worth a hundred fifty thousand easy. Find all the issues I need and it’s yours. Do we have a deal?”

As for the issue of Miss Midnight already in her hands, she had no intention of letting it leave her hands ever again. She slapped the thick envelope of cash on the counter. Lydia was in too good a mood to dicker over price. And the woman standing in front of her was right. It was her shop. Lydia could respect that. “There’s $30,000 there. That should more than cover the comic and the other items. So, we good?”
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Huntress
And then they were gone. Bane disappeared, along with Barbara. The last hope they had of systematically fighting crime. Helena turned around to find the chair that she’d placed Tim on empty.

“Shit. Shit, shit, SHIT!” Helena kicked at the wooden chair, cracking it down the middle. She turned around to figure out who she was left with. A dude in armor, someone Helena recognized as Catgirl, and the stupid dog who had caused this mess. The world class superhero team who could rescue Barbara. Helena couldn’t contain her rage. She angrily yelled, thrashing at the chair that Tim had been taken from until it split into two piece. She didn’t know if he’d been arrested by GCPD or kidnapped by Bane’s cronies. All she knew was that Gotham’s two premier crimefighters were gone.

Helena turned to give a withering look at the stunned vigilantes standing in the living room. “Well motherfuckers, congrats. Welcome to the Disciples. I’m Huntress.” She said coldly to the other heroes. “You probably already know me,” she added with a touch of arrogance. She signaled for them to follow her, and she creeped through the hole in the wall that led to the now-demolished Batcave. She started running when she saw a lifeless body face-down in the rubble. Shattered glass surrounded the dead boy. Worried and frightened thoughts flew around in Helena’s mind, Br she suppressed the symptoms of her condition and hurried to check on the body. Shattered glass surrounded him, and feeding tubes had been ripped from his arm. This had been the med bay. She turned the boy’s face over, and couldn’t suppress a yelp of anguish. The bloodied face was Damian Wayne...her half brother.

“Oh...oh fuck, Damian, Damian no!” She started screaming and slapping the boy’s face, in a hopeless attempt to wake her brother up. Her good sense was overruled by her anxiety. She was acting completely out of her mind. When her flailing arms finally touched the pulse of Damian — which was beating — Helena was just so relieved that she started bawling.

She was a wreck. And she was supposed to be the only person in this new team who had experience working with the Disciples.

She turned to face the others after calming down. “Follow my car. Hop in if you don’t have a vehicle. I know a place we can go. We need to prioritize saving Batgirl.” Helena carefully placed her unconscious brother in the back of her car, and opened the door for anyone who was going with her. They’d have to plan back at her small apartment.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:36 pm

Detective Madison Clifford

Madison blinked a couple of times before the information sunk in. Harvey had to be playing a joke on them. “Funny. That’s, uh... real funny.” She said. It took her a few moments to realize Harvey was actually overjoyed by what they’d done. This was real. The detective turned and looked at Maggie with an equally bewildered expression before she spoke to her. “Sawyer, you’re... you’re the chief.” Madison's tone wasn’t disappointed at all, but proud.

And she was... head of both the Major Crimes Unit and the Homicide Department. Madison began chuckling giddily as she looked into her partner's face. Her father would have been so proud of her, promoted to such a high rank.

It took Madison only a few moments before the euphoria left her. She looked at Harvey with a more somber expression, “But, why?” Was all she asked the commissioner.

Cooper

The emotion of realizing what he’d done was just enough of an imbalance to allow something more sinister to take the dog over. The fact that he’d been the one to ruin all of the heroes' progress brought on that feeling of shame a dog would get from being called a 'bad boy'. Cooper had his tail tucked between his legs, ears down and shoulders slumped. He walked out of the house and onto the front lawn when his chest burst into agonizing pain.

Each pulse seemed to further the pain's spread, reaching from his center to his paws. Then, all at once, it stopped. When he opened his eyes again he was watching through a pair of foreign ones. A sinister smile crept onto his face, the voice in the back of his head finding use of Cooper's vocal chords.

“I'd say it’s about time we make sure I stay in control from now on.” He said, stretching out to get used to the body. “Wouldn’t you agree, Cooper?”

The dog laughed maliciously, then set out on the path Bane took. Lucky for him, the brute hadn’t gone too far. Cooper approached him and spoke, “Pardon me, but I’d like to offer you me services. I’ll do anything you ask as long as I can kill the boy Tim, the butler, and her.” He nodded at Batgirl, then looked back up at Bane.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Whalestron wrote:Detective Madison Clifford

Madison blinked a couple of times before the information sunk in. Harvey had to be playing a joke on them. “Funny. That’s, uh... real funny.” She said. It took her a few moments to realize Harvey was actually overjoyed by what they’d done. This was real. The detective turned and looked at Maggie with an equally bewildered expression before she spoke to her. “Sawyer, you’re... you’re the chief.” Madison's tone wasn’t disappointed at all, but proud.

And she was... head of both the Major Crimes Unit and the Homicide Department. Madison began chuckling giddily as she looked into her partner's face. Her father would have been so proud of her, promoted to such a high rank.

It took Madison only a few moments before the euphoria left her. She looked at Harvey with a more somber expression, “But, why?” Was all she asked the commissioner.

Cooper

The emotion of realizing what he’d done was just enough of an imbalance to allow something more sinister to take the dog over. The fact that he’d been the one to ruin all of the heroes' progress brought on that feeling of shame a dog would get from being called a 'bad boy'. Cooper had his tail tucked between his legs, ears down and shoulders slumped. He walked out of the house and onto the front lawn when his chest burst into agonizing pain.

Each pulse seemed to further the pain's spread, reaching from his center to his paws. Then, all at once, it stopped. When he opened his eyes again he was watching through a pair of foreign ones. A sinister smile crept onto his face, the voice in the back of his head finding use of Cooper's vocal chords.

“I'd say it’s about time we make sure I stay in control from now on.” He said, stretching out to get used to the body. “Wouldn’t you agree, Cooper?”

The dog laughed maliciously, then set out on the path Bane took. Lucky for him, the brute hadn’t gone too far. Cooper approached him and spoke, “Pardon me, but I’d like to offer you me services. I’ll do anything you ask as long as I can kill the boy Tim, the butler, and her.” He nodded at Batgirl, then looked back up at Bane.

Bane stared at the dog with intensity. He considered his options. Allow the dog to join him? It was risky. “Very well. But you cannot kill this girl now. I need her as a bargaining chip to draw in my true prey. You may kill her when she has worn her usefullness out. In the meantime, you may kill the butler and the bird whenever you please.” Bane then turned and continued on his way. The dog could be a worthwhile investment. He still had to consider the possibility of its allegiances shifting again, after all, as far as Bane could tell the dog had belonged to Tim Drake formerly. However, he was prepared for this risk, as he could likely beat the dog in combat, even if it was some otherworldly being.

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:13 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:“I wrote the issues I need on the back,” she explained. “I’m willing to pay double the market value, whatever the condition. Of course, the better the condition, the better the price.”

Rashida Al-Ansari

At first, Rashida was delighted to have the card because with a name it would be easy enough to get the information she needed to make... a late night visit, yet a quick glance at the occupation quickly dashed her hopes. At least she really seemed to be interested in the comic and the other junk so at least she would pay her for her time and her insufferable company. This bitch had almost certainly been behind the glass, Rashida just knew it as she began her beratement earlier that there was a malice to her words and Rashida hated her for it. Yet as she made an offer for double the price of the market value? Fuck, Rashida could almost tolerate her.

“There’s a bonus too. I couldn’t help but notice the ‘car’ (more like a piece of crap but Lydia kept this to herself) parked in the alley. I take it that’s yours? I have an Audi Spyder convertible. Worth a hundred fifty thousand easy. Find all the issues I need and it’s yours. Do we have a deal?”

Rashida almost let her jaw drop... the original comment had been little more than a ruse to get a name so that she could coast her house later, but now it was a chance for much more. To think that moment's earlier she had been thinking over whether or not she could have dissolved Lydia's body in lime... not that she was plotting murder, but for reasons. Now, however, she had offered her a rather good deal, one that she wasn't so petty as to give up for personal reasons. She hadn't originally actually planned to acquire any more of these comics, but she'd be damned if she didn't go looking now. Certainly, it was not entirely outside of her power to acquire more comics... with time and maybe a few larcenies.

As for the issue of Miss Midnight already in her hands, she had no intention of letting it leave her hands ever again. She slapped the thick envelope of cash on the counter. Lydia was in too good a mood to dicker over price. And the woman standing in front of her was right. It was her shop. Lydia could respect that. “There’s $30,000 there. That should more than cover the comic and the other items. So, we good?”

"That shall be fine, ma'am. Uhh, just give me a moment to get those torches," Rashida state with a hint of surprise to her voice. This woman was truly an enigma. First, she chewed her out over not being there yesterday, and now she put more money in her hands than she had ever had in physical cash at one time... and she was sure now that she had left the glass on her door.

$30,000? This woman just paid me more than retail on items I had marked for less than retail. I'll move out tomorrow, tell my landlord to fuck off and leave some dogfood behind so the rats don't starve. This pyscho-bitch can cut my hand again for that type of cash.

Rashida nervously ran her hands through her wavy black hair and then grabbed the torches and placed them on the counter in front of Lydia.

"If there is anything else, ma'am... or anything you'd like to acquire about feel free to enquire... I have sources."

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Nightwing

Dick was quite literally hovering his finger over the button on his phone, preparing to purchase the ticket that would take him back to Bludhaven. It was pretty clear he wasn't welcome here, the disciples, and even Tim made that clear, and he'd managed to piss off Barbara of all people. But he hesitated, he didn't know why he did so. But it was long enough that the alarm flashed on his suit gauntlet. The Batcave wall was breached, and there were intruders.

He didn't waste any time, he was suited up and out the window in 40 seconds. Firing his grapple hook to the adjacent building and swinging up to it. It was too dangerous to roam the streets, GCPD had a vendetta on the whole lot of them and he didn't feel like entering police custody tonight. He streaked over the various streets and alleys. Taking comfort in the massive trees planted outside Wayne manor and the entrance to the cave, not that he needed to take the entrance. There was a massive gaping hole in the wall.

Dick approached the opening of the cave slowly, a split wingding resting in his right palm, and an escrima stick in his left. He saw the group of unknowns sitting around the cave, talking? Either they weren't the ones who caused the break in, or they were extremely confident. What really got him however, was the sight of one of them holding a broken Damian. One of his family, his brother.

He rushed in, "Get away from him! Now!" He was ready to knock all these guys flat if they tried anything.
Last edited by Sterkistan on Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Cooper

“Deal,” Cooper said firmly, though there was a small hint of doubt in his voice. Sure, he could kill the old man and Robin, but that would leave Batgirl. Any emotional anchors he had meant there would be a chance he’d be able to lose control, returning him to his loving, obedient state. He could only hope Bane would use her and be done with it. Who cares what would happen after that? He’d do what he had to help the man and leave once he served his purpose.

The dog padded alongside Bane, keeping his strides balanced. “I’ll need orders.” He stated. “Whatever you want me to do. From what I’ve seen there will be a better time to kill the two between their time in your prisons.” He stated. “Command me, I will not hesitate.”

Catgirl

“He’s dead, Huntress. C'mon, let's just get going-“ she stopped short at the appearance of Dick.

Kitrina's eyes lit up and a smile filled her face. She took a few steps towards him. “Well, well.” The girl purred. “If it isn’t the Boy Wonder.” She looked Nightwing over, quite excited at his appearance. “How was your vacation?”

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:09 pm

Sterkistan wrote:
(Image)
Nightwing

Dick was quite literally hovering his finger over the button on his phone, preparing to purchase the ticket that would take him back to Bludhaven. It was pretty clear he wasn't welcome here, the disciples, and even Tim made that clear, and he'd managed to piss off Barbara of all people. But he hesitated, he didn't know why he did so. But it was long enough that the alarm flashed on his suit gauntlet. The Batcave wall was breached, and there were intruders.

He didn't waste any time, he was suited up and out the window in 40 seconds. Firing his grapple hook to the adjacent building and swinging up to it. It was too dangerous to roam the streets, GCPD had a vendetta on the whole lot of them and he didn't feel like entering police custody tonight. He streaked over the various streets and alleys. Taking comfort in the massive trees planted outside Wayne manor and the entrance to the cave, not that he needed to take the entrance. There was a massive gaping hole in the wall.

Dick approached the opening of the cave slowly, a split wingding resting in his right palm, and an escrima stick in his left. He saw the group of unknowns sitting around the cave, talking? Either they weren't the ones who caused the break in, or they were extremely confident. What really got him however, was the sight of one of them holding a broken Damian. One of his family, his brother.

He rushed in, "Get away from him! Now!" He was ready to knock all these guys flat if they tried anything.

As Dick yelled to back away from the boy, Caleb run up and decked him across the face. “Fuck off! Stop playing the righteous hero! Where have you been while a fucking hero killing maniac has been running about destroying us from the inside, huh? Where were you when this kid got tossed out of a fucking helicopter? Where were you when Tim was thrashed into a pulp? Where the hell were you when some asshole claiming to be the Batman killed the mayor? Where the hell were you, huh?” He regained his composure. “And now, Babs has been captured by Bane. And you’re gonna sit here, telling us to back off this kid like you have some sort of right to act like a protector of the damned! And if that wasn’t bad enough, the most dangerous man in all of ducking Gotham knows who the Batman is, knows where we all are, and can easily kill us. Can easily rip Gotham apart. While you sit here, playing a part you should have been fucking playing this whole time.” Caleb stared Dick down, his expression hidden behind his armor.

Without further ado:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:32 pm

Lydia Sorenson

Personal Freedom wrote:Rashida almost let her jaw drop... the original comment had been little more than a ruse to get a name so that she could coast her house later, but now it was a chance for much more. To think that moment's earlier she had been thinking over whether or not she could have dissolved Lydia's body in lime... not that she was plotting murder, but for reasons. Now, however, she had offered her a rather good deal, one that she wasn't so petty as to give up for personal reasons. She hadn't originally actually planned to acquire any more of these comics, but she'd be damned if she didn't go looking now. Certainly, it was not entirely outside of her power to acquire more comics... with time and maybe a few larcenies.

The woman said nothing. Lydia could tell that she was flabbergasted but she held it in well. Lydia admired her self-control. Most people would have been gushing all over themselves at an offer like that. I mean, how often did you get a luxury sports car just for finding some comics? But not this woman. Lydia had her pegged the first time she had discovered this place and walked through the doors. No nonsense, level-headed and discrete. All qualities Lydia could appreciate. “I’ll take that as a yes,” she smirked at the woman’s non-response to her deal.

The XDM-57 was too bulky to carry over but the woman readily brought the torches. $30,000 went a long way it seemed. Lydia wondered what her situation was. Not good if she was driving an old beat-up Toyota and a mere thirty grand bought such compliance. Lydia actually felt a twinge of sympathy for her. Now she really did feel sorry about what she had done to the woman’s hand.

"If there is anything else, ma'am... or anything you'd like to acquire about feel free to enquire... I have sources."

“Yeah, I bet you do.” It came out snarky even though she hadn’t meant it that way. It was just the way she was wired and one of the reasons she had such difficulties dealing with people. She took a deep breath and made an effort to soften her tone. “Listen…that came out wrong.” That’s as close as she could get to an apology. For the tone and the hand. “Actually, I could use a person like you. Some of the jobs I take, let’s just say they’re highly ‘unique’. They require very specialized equipment. I give you a list, you get what I need and we can do business. I don’t care how you get it done and I don’t want to know. Deal?”

She paused, unsure. Deep in thought. Hesitated for a few moments more. Oh, fuck it, why not… “I’m Lydia by the way. Like the card says. We haven’t been formally introduced. She didn’t offer her hand. She wasn’t a handshaking kinda person. Nor did she take off her sunglasses. She did manage a smile though, okay, a half-smile. “And you are?”
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:42 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:As Dick yelled to back away from the boy, Caleb run up and decked him across the face. “Fuck off! Stop playing the righteous hero! Where have you been while a fucking hero killing maniac has been running about destroying us from the inside, huh? Where were you when this kid got tossed out of a fucking helicopter? Where were you when Tim was thrashed into a pulp? Where the hell were you when some asshole claiming to be the Batman killed the mayor? Where the hell were you, huh?” He regained his composure. “And now, Babs has been captured by Bane. And you’re gonna sit here, telling us to back off this kid like you have some sort of right to act like a protector of the damned! And if that wasn’t bad enough, the most dangerous man in all of ducking Gotham knows who the Batman is, knows where we all are, and can easily kill us. Can easily rip Gotham apart. While you sit here, playing a part you should have been fucking playing this whole time.” Caleb stared Dick down, his expression hidden behind his armor.

Whalestron wrote:Catgirl

“He’s dead, Huntress. C'mon, let's just get going-“ she stopped short at the appearance of Dick.

Kitrina's eyes lit up and a smile filled her face. She took a few steps towards him. “Well, well.” The girl purred. “If it isn’t the Boy Wonder.” She looked Nightwing over, quite excited at his appearance. “How was your vacation?”

Nightwing

Dick barely flinched as the fist cleared his face, he stood tense. The pain from the strike residing slowly to a dull ache. The man throwing every verbal abuse he had at him.
"Well sorry!" He answered sarcastically, "I was under the impression you didn't need me here, cause Tim and Barb sure as hell made it clear enough! I'm sorry I'm not the goddamn Batman!"
It took every better sense in his body not to break the guy's skull. But allies were hard to come by, and he had a feeling this guy was a regular Jason Todd-type.
He glanced at Catgirl,"It was hardly a vacation."
He put the wing-dings away.
He stormed over to Damian's body, he was still breathing, thank god. He picked him up, cradling him in his arms.
He heard GCPD sirens, it was time to go, whether they liked each other or not.
"We need to leave. As quickly as possible!"
He scanned the rubble, the GCPD sirens edging closer.
"There are a myriad of tunnels going out. We need to choose one."
He placed Damian down softly, pulling bits of rubble away from the now-dented entrance to the sewers.
Dick wound up, kicking the damaged door twice before it caved fully, once again hoisting Damian gently over his shoulders and stepping down, waiting for the others to follow before covering the entrance back up with scattered rubble and bashing the door into place.

He tapped the computer at his wrist.
"Computer, wipe all records of all our aliases from Wayne Industries systems, make them dark. Lock down the strongholds around the city unless given a High access passcode. Inform Lucius of the situation and secure Wayne Tower."
The computer flashed and he put his arm down, the tunnel had taken some damage from the explosion and rubble had to be cleared, but that wouldn't be an issue.
He sighed,
"I have a safehouse in the city, we can plan our next move from there, but I do have an idea of where to go from here."
Last edited by Sterkistan on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Huntress
Huntress
Helena followed Dick out the exit. Dick had tried to scare them away from her brother. Helena had calmed down after feeling Damian’s pulse. She coldly looked up at Nightwing. She was surprised that he hadn’t recognized her; he’d worked with her before, and definitely knew that she was Bruce’s daughter. Dick was like a distant cousin to Helena!

She pushed herself in front of him, looking into Dick’s blue eyes. She felt like giving him a piece of her own mind, although she knew that everyone else had already done that. But she wouldn’t let this dick just saunter in and and act like, after abandoning all of them, he could just lead them to victory against Bane as some sort of crusading new hope.

“Dick.” She said in a quiet voice. She didn’t know if it was supposed to be an insult or her just saying his name. “Dick, Bane has got Babs. And you weren’t there to fight Bane or stop him when we needed you.” She leaned closer to his face. “So fuck off. We don’t need you now either. ” She snarled.

It was incredible. Helena never knew that it could be this easy to hate the original Boy Wonder. He was quite the amiable guy. But here they were. She turned to the other heroes, dragging Damian from the med bay on a stretcher.

“C’mon guys. We’re going to my place to plan how to quickly save Babs.” Helena made the last ditch attempt to establish herself as the responsible leader who actually cared. “You guys can come in my car.” She gave a withering look at Dick. “What, Mr. Boy Wonder? You don’t seem that concerned about Babs. Tim’s in police custody, he’ll be perfectly safe.” Helena didn’t exactly believe that, but she was just trying to convince herself of that so that she wouldn’t feel like a failure. “What, Dick, you’re not worried about Babs because she’s not your girlfriend anymore? Huh?”
Last edited by Lic on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Whalestron wrote:Cooper

“Deal,” Cooper said firmly, though there was a small hint of doubt in his voice. Sure, he could kill the old man and Robin, but that would leave Batgirl. Any emotional anchors he had meant there would be a chance he’d be able to lose control, returning him to his loving, obedient state. He could only hope Bane would use her and be done with it. Who cares what would happen after that? He’d do what he had to help the man and leave once he served his purpose.

The dog padded alongside Bane, keeping his strides balanced. “I’ll need orders.” He stated. “Whatever you want me to do. From what I’ve seen there will be a better time to kill the two between their time in your prisons.” He stated. “Command me, I will not hesitate.”

Bane stared down at the dog, his one eyes, locked on to the dogs. “For now, all I need you to do is return to the manor, and monitor the vigilante activity. They do not yet know you have pledged allegiance to me, therefore, you will act as my spy. Find whatever way you can to report back to me daily, or whenever something of importance occurs. Feel free to go and kill Robin and the Butler at any time. Bane turned and continued walking away, his order given.

Meanwhile...

Caleb stared at his gun. Bane couldn’t have gone far. And he likely have done anything to harm Babs (aside from the whole choking thing) quite yet. He looked to Helena and the others. He picked up his rifle, and snuck off into the night. He crept through the woods in a crouch, until he saw the hulking figure of Bane. He lifted his gun and took aim. “Did you think shooting me with my back turned would work? You aren’t exactly quiet in that armor.” And within the blink of an eye Bane towered over Caleb. The armored man went to pull the trigger, but mere moments before he could make contact with it, a massive fist made contact with his chest, sending him hurtling through the woods and into a tree.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Without further ado:

The Democratic Marxists
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Marxists » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:14 pm

Robin/Carrie Kelley
Carrie saw the cops surrounding the Manor and the GCPD were also stationed everywhere outside the woods. Carrie wouldn’t be able to make a break for it from the woods with a monster truck loaded with stolen Battech without attracting the attention of at least a few cops. She was waiting in her new stolen Bat-truck inside the woods, impatient for them to leave the area. That’s when she heard the thud of a man crashing into the trunk of tree. It was an armed, armored fella, quite the dangerous looking guy, but Carrie was nowhere near prepared for the next sight.

A humongous, shredded, behemoth of a human being stormed towards the fallen armor-sporting dude. The menacing muscleman had a Mexican wrestling mask over his head. The same one on Bane’s citywide broadcast.

If Bane’s size was anything to go by, his enemy was a dead duck. Carrie quietly watched from her truck. She had to do something. The young Girl Wonder sifted through the trunks of stolen Batjunk, looking for the perfect weapon. How did Batman ever know what tech to use and when? It was just mind boggling to Carrie.

She grabbed a smoke grenade and gas pellet from a trunk, attaching a grapnel to her belt and the arm cannon over her wrist. She finally gripped the hilt of the collapsible sword tightly, ready for battle.

She chucked the smoke grenade from the window, and lunged at Bane’s legs, taking advantage of the blurry mist. She threw the gas pellet to the ground, covering her own mouth with a gas mask attached to her suit — although she doubted the pellet would have any effect on the masked muchacho. She fired a round of shots at the man from her arm cannon, and topped it off with a few slashes at his exposed arms with her Batsword.

Carrie thought she’d done a pretty good job so far, considering she was a fourteen year d up against a two hundred pound hunk. She dived to grab his legs again, hoping he’d fall to the ground by wobbling under his own wait. She fired her grapnel around his wrist, holding the man tight.

Carrie mentally high fived herself. This was lit.
I’m a democratic socialist. Yes, I believe in the radical idea of sharing, as do so many other people. Fight me.

Pro: Socialism, Social Democracy, Peace, Environment, Legal Marijuana, Gun Control, Economic Redistribution, Medicare for All, Living Wage, Tuition-Free College, Feminism, Universal Pre-K, Palestine, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Jeremy Corbyn, Jacinda Ardern, AMLO, Labour Party, Democratic Socialists of America, Green Party

Moderate: Barack Obama, Tulsi Gabbard

Anti: Casino Capitalism, Ruthless Billionaires, Abortion, Racism, War, The Wall, Israel, ISIL, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Hillary Clinton, Theresa May, Donald Trump, Republican Party, Democratic Party

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:31 pm

Catgirl

Kitrina looked at Huntress with an amused expression. “As fun as it’d be to sit in your stuffy apartment trying to choose who to save first, I think it’d be better to go with the better choice.”

She was, of course, referring to Nightwing, who Kitrina meandered over to. She got a little too close for comfort, leaning towards him. The girl moved her fingers as though they were legs down from his chest to an uncomfortable proximity near his crotch. “Dick sounds like he’s got a good plan already.” She smiled at the Boy Wonder seductively. Teasing him seemed as good a choice right now as any.

“I'm glad you came back.”

Cooper

The dog bowed his head, then took off back to the manor. He wove through obstacles like the cops and rubble from the fight, expertly stalking through a narrow space where a window had broken before he found his way back into the cave. Cooper padded towards the heroes when he felt a sudden itch near his ear. He paused and sat down, using his hind leg to itch the spot.

“How'd you manage to stay sane with all these senses?” He asked himself. “I definitely didn’t miss that about controlling your body, Coop. Who knew a living thing had to breathe?” He continued forward once he’d satiated the itch. “Well,” he spoke again, “I did. How else would I have killed that one guy? You remember him, right? Bushy mustache, guard at that factory... eh, nevermind, I think that I’m mixing them up...”

Demon-Cooper lingered by the heroes for a minute or two, listening in on their conversation before he approached. This would be a good opportunity for him to take down one of his targets. “I need to save Alfred and Tim,” he said to the group urgently. “I know you think I messed up, and I did. You’ve got every right to be mad at me.”

He looked down at the floor as if ashamed again, then looked at them with determined eyes. “They cared for me when no one else did. Gave me a home, treated me like family. I’m not ready to lose that. Tell me where they are and I’ll get them back.”

One had to admit, for a demon in a mostly unfamiliar body, he was quite the good actor. For effect, he added a quick, “Please.”

Lic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Huntress
Two many things were going on for Helena to process right now. That dumb bitch Catgirk had gone to Nightwing’s side and was acting really messed up and useless. The armored vigilante had meandered off – that wasn’t a good sign. And now the talking dog. A fucking talking dog.
Demon-Cooper lingered by the heroes for a minute or two, listening in on their conversation before he approached. This would be a good opportunity for him to take down one of his targets. “I need to save Alfred and Tim,” he said to the group urgently. “I know you think I messed up, and I did. You’ve got every right to be mad at me.”

He looked down at the floor as if ashamed again, then looked at them with determined eyes. “They cared for me when no one else did. Gave me a home, treated me like family. I’m not ready to lose that. Tell me where they are and I’ll get them back.”

One had to admit, for a demon in a mostly unfamiliar body, he was quite the good actor. For effect, he added a quick, “Please.”

Ok. Tim owned a talking dog. Huntress had seen insane things. She could believe this. “Whatever, mutt. He’s probably in a GCPD van, heading to Blackgate. Like a lamb to the slaughter.” She added wistfully. She looked begrudgingly at Dick as she walked with him out the tunnel. “Where’s Tim exactly? That way this superpowered pooch can handle Tim, I can focus on Babs, and you can have a fun time with Catgirl back in your bedroom.”

She walked with Dick and the dog to the woods that lay directly outside the tunnel. She heard a commotion somewhere inside.

Oh no. That couldn’t be good.
Last edited by Lic on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Lic wrote:-SNIP-

Whalestron wrote:-SNIP-

Nightwing

"Trust me, you've made it pretty clear you don't want me here."
Dick responded, clearing a branch off of the current path.
The line about not saving Barbara got him though. These people were making it extremely difficult to not hit them.
"I never said I wouldn't save Barbara, but if you think just rushing at Bane will be enough to stop him then you're all fools. Batgirl included."
These people clearly didn't want him there, so he decided to stop acting friendly. Rather he composed himself in the same way he talked to the Police.
He actually took comfort in getting the support of Catgirl, despite Selina's rather corny choice of name (undoubtedly her choice). If she was trained by Selina then he could trust her to hold her own, less-so in the presence of valuables however.

That comfort was soon refunded, actually, when he realised her loyalty may not be as pure as intended. Needless to say he was unnerved by Catgirl's teasing, but he didn't show it. That's what she wanted to happen, it was the same with Selina and Bruce, to a creepier extent at least.
"More hands the better, trust me. We need to go now, I have a few items to pick up once we get there. And I'll explain the plan."
He also had the pleasure of meeting Tim's talking dog, peculiar to say the least, but hardly the weirdest thing he'd ever seen.
"Do whatever you want, I'm not in charge." Dick answered regardless if the question was directed to him.
As they continued down the path he heard a noise, not a great one actually.

It sounded like the one thing he had just talked about not rushing into. He ran toward the hidden exit, tugging it open.
Dick took a few moments to survey the field, there was Bane, the armoured guy, and a Robin?. He readied himself, they were behind them and Bane looked at least a bit preoccupied with beating the two present into smithereens.
Dick whispered to the group, "We're behind them, be silent. Catgirl, you're good with a whip, get his legs and hold tight. I'll go for the Venom device on his back. He's going to destroy them otherwise."
He primed himself, an Escrima stick in one hand and an explosive wing-ding in the other.
"This is bad, we shouldn't engage, he's got Barbara. But if we don't he'll kill the other two."

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Catgirl

“On it, boss.” Kitrina said with a two fingered salute. The girl ran to the closest tree and climbed neatly up to a large branch. She began traversing the forest from tree to tree so as to avoid detection, using her whip as a method of crossing larger gaps whenever necessary. Kitrina eventually got close enough to Bane that he was in range. She hopped down, landing in a roll. Catgirl threw her arm back, then forward, allowing the whip to crack as it wove around Bane's legs. She gave it a yank as if it would hinder him in the slightest. She wasn’t aware of just how powerful he really was.

Cooper

“You won’t regret this!” The mutt said eagerly. He grinned widely to show how excited he was to have received the opportunity. Cooper proceeded to lift off the ground and fly off towards Tim's direction. Of course he knew where he was going. He’d seen what the dog had seen and man, did he have wanderlust. Cooper had been down near the secure prison's general area before, and a police van wouldn’t be too difficult to find.

After five or so minutes, the possessed-pup spotted one of the dark, wide vehicles. He snickered as he made his descent. Cooper would try to fight, try to wrestle control over his body again, but he’d make no progress. The death of little Timmy would just mean one less emotional anchor.

The dog landed on top of the transport van, getting to work melting a hole in the top. He jumped in once it was big enough, landing on a guard that had been tasked with making sure the broken boy wouldn’t run off. Yeah, right.

Once the threat was neutralized via lack of neck, Cooper looked around for Tim, tail wagging. He soon spotted Tim near a corner. Lucky him. The dog approached, speaking in a husky, almost lusty voice. “Y'know, I'd be lying if I said this wasn’t personal, but... it is.” He took a single step towards Tim Drake all the while allowing him to get a glimpse of his bloodstained fangs in a snarl.

Julutth
Secretary

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Black Canary
Starling City - 9:13 PM

Dinah crouched and swung herself backwards, avoiding the blows and shower of bullets directed her way from Brick’s army of thugs. Brick and his street gang empire were trying to take over Star City once and for all by holding the city hostage with a massive bomb planted at the top of the tall and old City Hall building. Once it blew, the mayor and most of Star City’s politicians would be dead – along with the entire midtown of Star City. The boss, stationed far away, had sent his suicide soldiers to fend off pesky heroes. Dinah was in the process of climbing up the building’s ancient stairs right now, having to mow through over twenty of Brick’s henchmen to reach the bomb.

Canary felt two bulky men pounce on her from behind, but she expertly let her arm fly back and broke one of their noses and kicked the other man in his abdomen, sending him flying across the room. She saw six goons above her, firing bullets at her from their position on the flight of stairs above. Clambering up the sleek banister and ducking to avoid the bulletfire, Dinah leaped from the banister when she reached their level and grasped one of the men in a chokehold between her legs, using her strength to snap his neck between her thighs and taking him down to the floor. Canary calmly slid below two of the henchmen, pushing herself up behind them and smashing their heads together. That left just three standing on this level. She rolled out of the way of the flying bullets, and then ran up to the rifle wielding woman, twisting her wrist until it cracked. Canary grabbed the sniper’s gun, shooting the remaining men on her level and above her. It was a comfortable jog up the next three flights of stairs until Canary faced the next challenge.

Ten gun-toting criminals were stationed on the top floor where Canary landed, aiming their assault weapons at her. Behind them lay the bomb, and the countdown had begun.

30 seconds before she – and the entire Midtown – were blown to smithereens. She could just use her super cry to stun all the thugs, but that wouldn’t help at all because considering she’d just used a lot of energy fighting the previous goons, she’d be completely unconscious after finishing the ear piercing cry. That would be no good; the bomb would explode either way. No, Black Canary was gonna have to fight through them.

She dashed through the army, bullets whizzing past her. Pulling a long knife from the side of her slick black suit, she stabbed two of the enemies in the face, blocking some bullets with the knife.

25 seconds left.

She punched a thug, chucking him at two other criminals and knocking them over. Five down, five to go.

20 seconds.

Canary grabbed a pistol from a knocked-out goon, firing at two others and killing them immediately. But Dinah yelped as a bullet caught her right in the behind. That’s right: Dinah felt just like Forrest Gump in Vietnam: something had up and bit her in the ass.

15 seconds.

She helplessly dragged herself towards the bomb, blocked by two opponents. The one who had shot her sniggered, grabbing her by her long, flowing blonde hair and kicking her right where he had shot her, prompting another cry of pain from the superheroine. She would have done the Canary Cry, but she was completely burned out. She’d just fought through twenty thugss. This was the end of the line.

The snivelly goon towered over her, snickering like a hyena all the while. He was on a suicide mission; he might as well have fun while he was at it.

10 seconds.

The thugs made sure to disarm her, and then shot her in the leg just for good measure. The normally powerful hero was helpless. She did her best to inch towards the bomb, but the evil and lustful men dragged her back, not finished with her. They taunted her, punched her, kicked her. Dinah was feeling dizzy.

At 5 seconds left, she saw the blurry visage of a woman in a white costume cutting at the wires of the bomb. The men were so busy bullying Dinah that they didn’t notice Sara Lance Queen, Dinah’s little sister aka White Canary, expertly disarm the bomb. They didn’t even know what hit them when she shot all three of them in their small bald heads.

Sara leaned down to Dinah and handed her a bottle of the rejuvenating chemical solution that fed back energy to the easily-fatigued hero. When Black Canary’s vision cleared, she got a good look at her sibling’s face: it was streaked with tears. Dinah waited for Sara to finish her emergency operating; the young girl easily removed the two bullets from Dinah’s body, and then stitching the wounds up. Dinah heaved herself to her feet, placing a hand on White Canary’s shoulder.

“What’s wrong?”

“Mom...sh...she’s gone.” The teenage girl wailed. Dinah forced herself to swallow the lump in her throat. Sara continued. “I told Dad. He refused to come back. He said we have to go to him in Gotham, wouldn’t say why. He didn’t even sound sad about mom dying!” Sara screeched. Dinah looked down. She was worried about her dad. In his old age...he was having many issues too. She had to go to him. It could be a serious problem.

“I’m catching the first train to Gotham tonight,” Dinah told her sis without even shedding a tear.

“I’m coming with you.”

“No! Brick and the rest of his gang is still out there. Star City needs a protector. You’ll stay here.” Dinah nodded at her sister, and walked to the window sill. She turned back.

“By the way: thanks for saving my ass.” The Black Canary then leaped off into the night, leaving Star City behind and heading for Gotham.
Last edited by Julutth on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse