NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:18 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Basil Powers

She had heard the commotion the same as Batgirl. But the crimefighter instructed her to stay put so that’s what she did. After all, she wasn’t some butt-kicking masked heroine, she was a nobody. Worse than a nobody, she was an orphan. Correction, a homeless orphan. Tears began welling in her eyes. That’s when she felt a tug on the hem of her nightdress.

She looked down to see Joey staring up at her. “I want Rex,” he cried. Rex was the little boy’s teddy bear.

“I’m sorry, Joey,” Basil had to tell him, “but I think that Rex…he didn’t make it.” The little boy looked up at her with his huge eyes, saying nothing and then the waterworks began. Basil had to think fast. “Oh…Rex has a twin brother named, uh…Tex! And, ya know, Tex has been looking for a little boy just like you to live with! I’m sure, if we asked nicely, Tex would be more than happy to move in with us!”

“You’re full of bullshit!” the little boy responded sullenly.

“Language, young man!” she chided him but not too harshly.

Joey thought it over. “You really think he would move in with us?”

“Iunno,” Basil kidded him. “He lives with all the famous teddy bears in Hollywood. In a big teddy bear mansion with a swimming pool and everything!”

The boy snorted. “Now I know you’re pulling my leg.” But he gave her a smile.

Basil smiled back. Hmm…where’s Batgirl? She should have been back by now! “Wait here, Joey, I need to check something out.”

Even though she knew she wasn’t supposed to, she crept toward the alley, her bare feet hardly making any noise. Oh my god!!! There was some robot or something standing over a guy on the ground! The guy was acting like he was shot! And Batgirl was standing there and it looked like…No! It can’t be?! But it was. She recognized how people got when Blake used his powers! And yes, it was him alright! When he glanced up at the robot, she caught his face. It was Blake. Her brother.

She wasn’t sure what was happening or why Blake had paralyzed Batgirl. But she couldn’t take any chances. For all she knew, the robot-man had shot her brother and now he was going to finish the job. Creeping stealthily down the alley while Gundam Wing was focused on her brother, she snuck up behind him. She had to do something! She saw a metal trashcan and without thinking, picked it up in both hands and swung it at the back of the robot’s head!

The trash can hit him in the head directly. Caleb lurched forward, his face hitting the ground. Faster than humanly possible he was back up and staring at the girl. “What the hell?!” He reaches up and grabbed his sword, but didn’t draw it. A young woman had just slammed a trash can into his head. “What the hell was that for?!”
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:54 pm

"Take 2."

"David Brown. Is it true that you have arrived at Gotham City to film Second Skin?" a gossip journalist asked director David Brown, as both of them stood at what remained of Panessa Studios after the fire. "I will say that my choice was the most important. I don't want to be the director who makes the next superhero movie. I want to make something that proves that I'm within the auteur theory. I directed the TV episode Marooned from the Tales of the Black Freighter. I knew that movie would be my starting point, but I want to have the influence to create something that is my magnum opus. I look at the production that was Second Skin and I knew that what I had to do."

"You do realize that after Clayfac-"
"Don't! I find it would be better, if you and I would refer to Karlo by his original name. Basil Karlo. That man was a genius. You hear me? I don't know if I was given some random A-list celebrity. I wanted to have Karlo in one of my movies, Lovers Die at Dusk. That movie was the remake of the acclaimed 1952 noir classic and if I had Karlo as the lead role, I could have created my masterpiece. But the stu-.....You want to know about the plot and if I changed anything up right?" David put a hand over his face to regain his composure. "Second Skin was originally going to be about a silent movie actor who has gone mad when he learns he wouldn't be in the talkie remake. On what way are you planning on handling the source material?"

"I want to have the make-up department go crazy with my leading actor Chuck Trent. Chuck was someone that I met when I was filming my second movie, Trees in the Ocean. I want the film to be a tribute towards Basil Karlo himself." Brown explained, as he looked happy to be directing the film. "Where will you be filming exactly? After the fires at Panessa Studios, what do you plan to do when the only movie studio has suffered fire damage?" "We're planning on using some of the surviving sets that the blaze didn't get. We also are filming on-location at several points in Gotham. One of the technicians had set up a green screen, if some scenes are difficult to shoot."

Antonie was in his bedroom, writing up his English essay for high school. He was watching some television of the interview with David Brown. Antonie knew who David Brown was, but he didn't know how he was going to handle the source material of Second Skin. Antonie paused from writing a sentence and looked at the film posters that he had on his wall. His wall of his favorite actor, Basil Karlo. The Terror, Soul Cannibal, Blood Runs Eternal, The Melting, and Metamorphosis. Karlo had a good line of movies that drove him to the top. To make an actor like that to act out the impossible.

After Antonie finished writing up his essay, he went to the bathroom to wash off the lead shavings on his hands. He briefly looked at himself in the mirror, admiring himself. He did look like the perfect actor, but he saw himself as something more. His hair was brown and his eyes were green. Would they hire a child actor like him? He didn't even know how to act. As he walked back into the room, he laid down on his bed and admired the posters on his wall.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Nevrintik
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevrintik » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:04 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Basil Powers

She had heard the commotion the same as Batgirl. But the crimefighter instructed her to stay put so that’s what she did. After all, she wasn’t some butt-kicking masked heroine, she was a nobody. Worse than a nobody, she was an orphan. Correction, a homeless orphan. Tears began welling in her eyes. That’s when she felt a tug on the hem of her nightdress.

She looked down to see Joey staring up at her. “I want Rex,” he cried. Rex was the little boy’s teddy bear.

“I’m sorry, Joey,” Basil had to tell him, “but I think that Rex…he didn’t make it.” The little boy looked up at her with his huge eyes, saying nothing and then the waterworks began. Basil had to think fast. “Oh…Rex has a twin brother named, uh…Tex! And, ya know, Tex has been looking for a little boy just like you to live with! I’m sure, if we asked nicely, Tex would be more than happy to move in with us!”

“You’re full of bullshit!” the little boy responded sullenly.

“Language, young man!” she chided him but not too harshly.

Joey thought it over. “You really think he would move in with us?”

“Iunno,” Basil kidded him. “He lives with all the famous teddy bears in Hollywood. In a big teddy bear mansion with a swimming pool and everything!”

The boy snorted. “Now I know you’re pulling my leg.” But he gave her a smile.

Basil smiled back. Hmm…where’s Batgirl? She should have been back by now! “Wait here, Joey, I need to check something out.”

Even though she knew she wasn’t supposed to, she crept toward the alley, her bare feet hardly making any noise. Oh my god!!! There was some robot or something standing over a guy on the ground! The guy was acting like he was shot! And Batgirl was standing there and it looked like…No! It can’t be?! But it was. She recognized how people got when Blake used his powers! And yes, it was him alright! When he glanced up at the robot, she caught his face. It was Blake. Her brother.

She wasn’t sure what was happening or why Blake had paralyzed Batgirl. But she couldn’t take any chances. For all she knew, the robot-man had shot her brother and now he was going to finish the job. Creeping stealthily down the alley while Gundam Wing was focused on her brother, she snuck up behind him. She had to do something! She saw a metal trashcan and without thinking, picked it up in both hands and swung it at the back of the robot’s head!

The trash can hit him in the head directly. Caleb lurched forward, his face hitting the ground. Faster than humanly possible he was back up and staring at the girl. “What the hell?!” He reaches up and grabbed his sword, but didn’t draw it. A young woman had just slammed a trash can into his head. “What the hell was that for?!”

Blake Powers (Blacklist)

Blake did not know who had made the move against the figure, but he decided to make the best of it. He quickly grabbed what looked like a hook-based grappling gun off of Batgirl's torso and fired it at the assailant, aiming for his back.
Last edited by Nevrintik on Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I really love RPing, but I am still very new to it.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:30 am

Rashida Al-Ansari

The crackling of flames and frantic yelling from behind implied that flames were spreading. A nightmare was unfolding in downtown Gotham as the inferno continued to consume buildings... the inferno which was never intended. Rashida, still in a daze, did not spend time thinking about it. She had to get to the car. Somehow Rashida managed the trek without being bothered or seemingly even noticed. People ran about like roaches, scattering in all directions but without giving each other a thought. Maybe she didn't look too much like a villain, from a distance it maybe only looked like a woman in a burka. Maybe they were simply as dazed as she was. Whatever the case, she managed to get to her vehicle, and without even taking off her costume started the vehicle, but before she could leave the lot, the once distant wailing of sirens grew to a crescendo as paramedics and several fire trucks flew down the road towards the blaze.

After they passed Rashida pulled her black sedan into the road just as several Gotham Police vehicles came into view. Rashida's heart skipped a beat at the sight. What if they noticed her costume? What if they decided she needed to be questioned? She already had too much to lose/

Shit!

Luckily the police too sped off in the direction of the blaze. As far as she knew she could leave the scene now without suspicion, surely any evidence would have been destroyed in the explosion or the fire.

The Imposter Mad Hatter

The grey sedan that had been following the steam automobile for a while suddenly started flashing police lights, confirming the Imposter's suspicion that it was an undercover cop.

"Blasted fool, I haven't even done anything yet!" the 'Mad Hatter' shouted to himself as the car started gaining on him. With a loud hiss, the Stanley steamer began accelerating. Despite long ago falling out of favor, steam automobiles were the lumbering goliath's they appeared. In 1906 a Stanley had set the world speed record at 126 mph miles per hour. He was itching to see what this modified one could do. In a moment he was once again increasing the gap between the two vehicles. This led the cop car behind to only pick-up speed as well. To add to the scene, two police SUVs with sirens blaring pulled out of a side street to give chase.

Alright, I suppose I get to hit some buttons!

The sudden grating sound followed by a hiss much more intense than the regular chugging of the vehicle, a cloud of steam came out from under the steam car. As a smokescreen, it seemed to be effective enough because the SUV both shot past the road he turned down though the undercover car was still behind and gaining. The Hatter pushed another button, a big red one with a face painted on it, opening the trunk on the back and launching some explosives out the back which hit the road and exploded instantly, creating some large holes and destroying a hydrant in the process. The cop car behind was moving too fast to stop before it hit the rut, pieces of hydrant and all, surely that car would not be following any longer.

What ever is the matter those chaps? I had to go out of my way to lose them, and I fear my arrival is going to be delayed.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:54 am

Basil Powers

As the huge robot swung around to face her, she cowered. She hadn’t realized just how big and imposing it was until it was looming over her, all set to stomp on her! The mechanoid spoke and she realized it wasn’t actually a machine but a guy in like armor because robots didn’t curse like that! At least, not any robots she knew! Yeah, who are you kidding, Basil? You don’t know any robots.

And then the dude reached for his big friggin’ sword and the sound of her sucking in air filled her ears. Oh my god, I know who this guy is! He’s the one that killed that cop and now he’s gonna kill me!!!

She scrunched her eyes closed and waited for the killing blow. But after a couple seconds when her head was still attached to her body, she opened one eye and risked a peek. The dude hadn’t drawn his sword. He asked her why she threw the trash can at his head. Feeling ashamed that he had bluffed her out like that, made her act like a baby, she shouted back at him!

“That’s for shooting my brother, you creepo!”

Okay, now she was feeling it! This big jerk in his big tin can had hurt her brother! NO ONE hurts my brother! Fists clenched, she stared him down. “Come on! You wanna fight? LET’S GO!!!”

Batgirl

“UHHHHHH…HAVE TO GET FREE!!!” She fought with every inch of willpower she had. There! She couldn’t quite move…not yet. But whatever this guy’s hold on her was, it was definitely weakening. Maybe his power had a time limit or maybe the stress of the situation affected his abilities? She could figure it out later.

She struggled harder, straining with all her might to break the psychic chains binding her! A little girl’s life was in danger and no way was Babs gonna stand on the sidelines and let it happen! She could feel the bonds on her starting to fray. Just a few…seconds…more…

Farilexasm
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Farilexasm » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Alberto Falcone
The Falcone Nightclub
Diamond District

Alberto strolled around to a corner of the club, pulling his small diamond-encrusted mobile phone out of his waistcoat pocket. He’d heard the murmurs. The anti-Batman anarchist who’d hit the streets of Gotham. Papa Falcone was acting as if this Bane was his biggest problem in years. “Organized crime operates on one thing: organization,” Carmine had told Mario, according to Alberto's sources, “and this terrorist threatens that order. He wants chaos on Gotham's streets — what makes him better than Batman and the vigilantes? Anarchy, chaos — it’ll all be terrible for business.” Apparently, Carmine had offered a grand prize to any Falcone boy who could take down Bane. Alberto was up for the challenge, if it meant regaining his seat at the head of the Falcone table.

Alberto lit the end of his long ivory cigarette holder, placing it in his mouth while he dialed the number of his good friend, the new Gotham Police Commissioner.

“Harvey! Long time no talk,” Alberto boomed into the phone, “so, you’re a big shot now, huh? Yeah, that’s why I was calling! Papa Falcone doesn’t like it, he feels that his status is threatened by the aura of importance that surrounds you!” Alberto chortled loudly at the joke.

“Now listen, Harvey, let’s be serious. It’s been a while since I’ve called, and I thought you deserved a gift for your hard work at the GCPD. You’ve been at it for a while and you’re finally at the top. So, I want to reward you with an extra million into your bank account, straight from my coffers! Now I can tell you what’s been up with me. See, it’s no secret that I’ve personally fallen in the ranks, along with our entire business. And a new obstacle is making me grow oodles of grey hair. See, the problem is the new fella. Bane. Yeah, yeah, I’m sure you love him, as does the media and the public. He’s the one who’s propelled you to the new job! Pro-vigilante boys like Gordon aren’t fancied these days.

“Now, my daddy doesn’t want Bane on these Gotham streets. Neither does he want the vigilantes, but he trusts the police to clean that up, not some masked weirdo. It’d really help us out in the business if you boys in blue focused an equal amount on a citywide manhunt for Bane. So I’m recognizing your hardwork with the cool $1,000,000, and you can recognize the importance of Falcone business endeavours by exterminating this WWE clown.

“Do we have a deal?”

Fronket
Envoy

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fronket » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Commisioner Harvey Bullock
Harvey ran to his glass office door, smashing it shut as soon as he heard the voice on the other end of his telephone. He returned to the call, nervously laughing at Falcone’s lighthearted jokes. He then carefully listened to the proposition. When it came to his reply, Harvey had to put it plainly. He wasn’t the best talker.

“Ah, listen, Al...of course I appreciate your really generous gift. I truly do. But did you see what Bane did to Robin?Robin, one of this city’s most skilled combatants, went down to Bane. Nah, dude, I don’t need that on my shoulders. It’s a big risk. Unless...well, you could do something to show your immense need for this. This position, Commisioner...it ain’t guaranteed, I’m only ‘acting’ Commisioner. And there’s no reason I should think I’ll remain in the spot, if even at the top of the GCPD. The new Mayor, we all know she’s a Cobblepot pawn...and she won’t want to keep a Falcone friend like me, someone who really wants to help her client’s competition. But, I can win her over...if my gals crack the Disciples case. We’re trying to locate their base. And I heard a rumor that one of your competitors knows of their whereabouts. To put it frankly...I would really love to help you if you talk to the Red Hood. Apparently he knows where they are, even who Batman is! If he tells us their location, and Batman’s identity...I can be a legend. The leading voice against vigilantes. The public, the mayor, the entire government would be behind me. I’d be safe from Bane, everyone would forget about him. Then I can hunt him and arrest him like the anarchist scum he is. Will ya talk to Red Hood? Please? And then I’ll start the Bane manhunt, I promise.”

Two officers interrupted the call.

“Sir,” the man shouted, “Officer Gonzalez contacted us, and he said Timothy Drake’s parents aren’t in town! Neighbors said they fled from home yesterday. Took all their stuff with them!”

Harvey turned to the detective. “Then what are you waiting for, dumbass? Tell those knuckleheads to find his parents! I NEED INFORMATION ABOUT TIM DRAKE. And your job is to collect that info. I don’t care if his parents are in Gotham or in hell: you guys will interview them. Got it? Now stop informing me about these idiotic problems, your job is to get over issues, what do I pay you for?” He ranted.

“Yes, Chief. I mean Commissioner.”
Last edited by Fronket on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:35 pm

Catgirl

This guy was definitely up to something malicious, and the more she watched, the more sick she felt. Catgirl leaped over the railing of the fire escape, landing nimbly and silently next to the paralyzed girl. She looked down at her with a wicked grin on her face. “Well, well... look what the proverbial cat dragged in.” She said in a low whisper. “I could leave you to deal with whatever this weirdo's got in store for you,” she began. “Or I could save your miserable bat-butt.”

She thought on it for a moment before grabbing the girl, hauling her up despite her rigidness. “Yeesh, you weigh a ton...” she took her whip off from her side, throwing her arm back then forwards so it wrapped neatly around a bar on the fire escape. She then started her ascent, keeping Batgirl held tight next to her.

Nevrintik
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevrintik » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:47 pm

Whalestron wrote:Catgirl

This guy was definitely up to something malicious, and the more she watched, the more sick she felt. Catgirl leaped over the railing of the fire escape, landing nimbly and silently next to the paralyzed girl. She looked down at her with a wicked grin on her face. “Well, well... look what the proverbial cat dragged in.” She said in a low whisper. “I could leave you to deal with whatever this weirdo's got in store for you,” she began. “Or I could save your miserable bat-butt.”

She thought on it for a moment before grabbing the girl, hauling her up despite her rigidness. “Yeesh, you weigh a ton...” she took her whip off from her side, throwing her arm back then forwards so it wrapped neatly around a bar on the fire escape. She then started her ascent, keeping Batgirl held tight next to her.

Blake Powers (Blacklist)

Blake quickly noticed another vigilante swooping in to grab Batgirl. Yeesh! Blake thought to himself. Now there's three of them? Who's next, the whole fucking Justice League?! As they worked towards escaping, Blake decided to do what he could to stop the two from getting away. He called out to the woman hauling Batgirl up, challenging her to look down at him and make eye contact.

"Hey! You there! Down here!"

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:01 pm

Nevrintik wrote:
Whalestron wrote:Catgirl

Blake Powers (Blacklist)

Blake quickly noticed another vigilante swooping in to grab Batgirl. Yeesh! Blake thought to himself. Now there's three of them? Who's next, the whole fucking Justice League?! As they worked towards escaping, Blake decided to do what he could to stop the two from getting away. He called out to the woman hauling Batgirl up, challenging her to look down at him and make eye contact.

It was at this moment Whitesnake came up to Blake and grabbed his shoulder, lifting him off the ground. “Well, it looks like we have a dead man walking. Pro tip from the guy who should have died over 50 years ago, if you’re gonna play dead, make sure you don’t start talking. Dead people don’t usually do that.”

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:

Nevrintik
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevrintik » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:13 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Nevrintik wrote:Blake Powers (Blacklist)

It was at this moment Whitesnake came up to Blake and grabbed his shoulder, lifting him off the ground. “Well, it looks like we have a dead man walking. Pro tip from the guy who should have died over 50 years ago, if you’re gonna play dead, make sure you don’t start talking. Dead people don’t usually do that.”

Blake Powers (Blacklist)

Blake was shook to find that the second figure was not as preoccupied as he thought they would be, but Blake was nothing if not inventive.

Blake said nothing, instead staring deeply into his assailant's eyes, confident that he could catch the figure off-guard.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Basil Powers

She was all set to have the big smackdown with armor dude when…

She should have known better! Blake (that jerk!) had been faking this whole time! Looks like he was up to his skeevy tricks again. That’s why mom and dad had made a big deal about keeping his powers secret. She had no idea what he wanted with Batgirl but whatever it was, it definitely wasn’t PG-13.

Luckily, some cool-looking cat girl had scampered down and carried Batgirl to safety. And the armored guy had grabbed Blake, had him by the shoulder. Maybe I was wrong about him. The guy hadn’t chopped Blake in half with his big-a sword or shot him with lasers or whatever. Despite however much her dear brother might have richly deserved it at the moment. Which meant that armor dude was probably one of the good guys.

Basil walked up to the guy and knocked on his leg. “Hey, mister. Don’t hurt’em, please. I know he’s a creep but he’s also my brother. And oh, don’t look in his eyes, he hypnotizes people. Here, use this.” Bending down, she tore off a strip from her nightgown and handed it up to the man. “Blindfold him with this. And I know you’re in trouble with the cops so if ya want, you can leave him tied up and I’ll tell the police what happened, about what he did with Batgirl. And oh,” she added sheepishly, “sorry ‘bout hitting you with that trash can.”

Batgirl

Well, this is embarrassing.

Babs was carted up the side of the building like a lamp pole by Catgirl. Of all the people, why’d it have to be Catgirl?! She'd never live this down! By the time they reached the roof, the paralyzing spell on Babs had faded and she could move once again. “Thanks…I guess,” she told the thief/hero, “for saving my life. And for not stealing my wallet while you were doing it,” she couldn’t help but add snarkily.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Nevrintik wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:

Blake Powers (Blacklist)

Blake was shook to find that the second figure was not as preoccupied as he thought they would be, but Blake was nothing if not inventive.

Blake said nothing, instead staring deeply into his assailant's eyes, confident that he could catch the figure off-guard.

Caleb stared at his opponent, who said nothing, but instead stared directly at his eyebrows. He was attempting direct eye contact, so it seemed, at least, but it seemed he didn’t quite know where the eyes were located. “Umm... okay then. I’m just gonna...” he raised a hand to punch the man (just hard enough to knock him out) when the girl came up to him. “Umm... yeah, sure.” He looked to the orphanage, which was still very much on fire. “It looks like you need a place to stay.” Caleb removed a key from a little compartment in the suit. “You can have my apartment, it’s not like I’ll be able to go back there for a while. I left my wallet, so you won’t have to worry about starving, plus there’s already food there. Invite as many of your friends as you want, I don’t really care. Just don’t go snooping around.” He gave her the address. He then proceeded to blindfold the man who had weird hypno powers. “And, by the way kid, you never saw me.” He used a steel cable to bind up Blake and left him sitting on a curb. This is when he heard the fire sirens. Better get out of here. Caleb fired off a grapple cable from his left arm and launched himself onto the roof with a little jet assistance. He took a brief look around before noticing thing the cat lady and batgirl. He approached.

Without further ado:

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Catgirl

“C'mon, I’m not some petty thief!” Protested Kitrina sarcastically. There was a little truth to that, considering she went after the big bucks whenever possible. “We are friends, after all.” Now that was the lie. She rarely had anything to do with Batgirl save for when she was robbing something. She looked the recovering Bat over, scrutinizing every detail. Yup, it was definitely her. There was something odd about how she operated at times when things would go over better for herself if she’d stay out of things.

She meant to say something to Batgirl but spotted Whitesnake behind her. Catgirl was up to date on the news and smiled with amusement, “I didn’t know you associated with those vigilantes. Batman killing the mayor really messed you up that bad?” Kitrina paced across the roof, leaving enough room for Batgirl to catch her if she tried, though she’d have to chase her a bit. The girl stopped and looked back. “I will be keeping these, though. Think of them as souvenirs.” She held up her communicator and a batarang, the metal glinting in the moonlight. “See you later, Batgirl!”

Nevrintik
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevrintik » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:41 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Nevrintik wrote:Blake Powers (Blacklist)

Caleb stared at his opponent, who said nothing, but instead stared directly at his eyebrows. He was attempting direct eye contact, so it seemed, at least, but it seemed he didn’t quite know where the eyes were located. “Umm... okay then. I’m just gonna...” he raised a hand to punch the man (just hard enough to knock him out) when the girl came up to him. “Umm... yeah, sure.” He looked to the orphanage, which was still very much on fire. “It looks like you need a place to stay.” Caleb removed a key from a little compartment in the suit. “You can have my apartment, it’s not like I’ll be able to go back there for a while. I left my wallet, so you won’t have to worry about starving, plus there’s already food there. Invite as many of your friends as you want, I don’t really care. Just don’t go snooping around.” He gave her the address. He then proceeded to blindfold the man who had weird hypno powers. “And, by the way kid, you never saw me.” He used a steel cable to bind up Blake and left him sitting on a curb. This is when he heard the fire sirens. Better get out of here. Caleb fired off a grapple cable from his left arm and launched himself onto the roof with a little jet assistance. He took a brief look around before noticing thing the cat lady and batgirl. He approached.

Blake Powers (Blacklist)

"Oh, I have seen you," Blake responded, helpless to fight against the armor-clad assailant. "You'll be seeing more of me soon enough, I can assure you. Now, go ahead and tie me up so that I can be taken in to the GCPD and be ruthlessly tortured. Sleep with one eye open, vigilante..."

As he was left on the street, he began to contemplate his demise. Though Blake had been defeated, he was not quite prepared to give up on his goals. Blake had learned the hard way just how far his power and skills could go. His strategies could only go so far, and evidently enough, they did not go as far as he had hoped. His strategies would have to be adjusted for the future. He had a feeling that he would get plenty of time to do so. In the distance, he heard a myriad of sirens approaching, some of which he assumed were police cars. One stopped nearby him and two individuals could be heard walking towards him.

"Here he is!"
"What the hell happened here?"
"This is the guy! Load him up!"

Though the future seemed bleak for Blake Powers, his hope had not wavered. While expected to rot away and die a slow, painful death in the droves of the Gotham Penitentiary, Blake would prepare. His opportunity to strike back would come. This time, he would think deeper. He would make twice, no, three times the effort to plan for each and every outcome. And when the time comes, be it soon or later, Blake would make his move. And when he did, no one could possibly hope to stand in his way. No one.

Blake Powers was nothing if not patient.

Fronket
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fronket » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:44 pm

Detective Maggie Sawyer
Maggie drove her Mustang down to Wayne Tower along with her new partner. She climbed out of the car and turned to Madison, speaking in a stern voice.

“Now listen, Clifford. Be gentle. These guys are our friends. Ask the easy questions, we don’t wanna scare these folks off. I don’t want any rashness from you, you hear me?”

Maggie strolled up to the front desk, revealing the badge in her wallet to the secretary.

“Detectives Maggie Sawyer and Madison Clifford. GCPD. We wish to question Lucius Fox a bit.”

The woman looked up. “He’s out. If you’re here about Mr. Drake, you can question the head of the Janitorial Department.”

“The superintendent?” Maggie said with a raised eyebrow.

“He’ll know the most about Drake, worked with him.” The secretary called the man up, and he sat down with the detectives in fifteen minutes.

Maggie decided to agree with her partner that Madison would ask the questions, since she was the young charismatic talker, and Maggie would scarily take notes, as the serious mean cop.
Last edited by Fronket on Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:46 am

Detective Madison Clifford

Madison could understand Maggie’s mistrust to a degree. Sure, she could make off-book decisions every once in a while, but that wasn’t enough to base her entire personality on rashness. Madison frowned at her partner as they entered the building, remaining quiet until they both agreed she’d be the one to ask the questions. Made sense, Maggie was like a robot.

“Hello mister Danielson,” Madison greeted, reading the surname off of an ID badge near the man's chest.

“My name is Madison, and this is my partner, Maggie. We'd like to ask you a few questions about Tim Drake. I know he’s a bright young man, did you know him personally?” She asked. It would be important to ask the simple questions first before slowly dropping into bigger ones.
Last edited by Whalestron on Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:30 pm

Sam Danielson

Whalestron wrote:Detective Madison Clifford

“Hello mister Danielson,” Madison greeted, reading the surname off of an ID badge near the man's chest.

“My name is Madison, and this is my partner, Maggie. We'd like to ask you a few questions about Tim Drake. I know he’s a bright young man, did you know him personally?” She asked. It would be important to ask the simple questions first before slowly dropping into bigger ones.

Mr. Danielson smiled at the detectives. “Of course, more than happy to help you with your questions. And please, call me Sam. Tim Drake? Is that boy in trouble? I sure hope not! Do I know him personally? Well, someone can work for you for years, come in every morning, say ‘Hi Joe, how are ya? How the wife and kids?’ or get to talking about the game last night and then they go home and beat their wives or turns out they’re an ax murderer, you don’t know. Especially in this line of work. Get a lot of drifters, itinerants, people that don’t want to be found. They keep to themselves, don’t do a lot of talking. Now, don’t get me wrong. That doesn’t mean they’re not hard workers. I’d take them any day over one of these Ivy League silver spoon types that seem to be running things these days. But, like I said, they really don’t talk about where they come from, whether they got family or not. Man without a family is about the saddest thing there is, that’s what I say. How about you, young lady? Family? Husband? Kids? Myself, I’ve been married to the same wonderful woman for the past 36 years. Three kids and five grandkids. Consider myself blessed each and every day. Mr. Wayne, he’s a big believer in giving people a second chance. Hires a lot of ex-cons, addicts, troubled people. Usually it works out but sometimes ya gotta watch’em! Stealing cleaning supplies or slacking off. I tell’em, use TWO coats of wax on the floor but they use only one less you’re watching them like a hawk, know what I mean? There was this one kid, Jacob Munroe was his name. Used to drink the floor polish. The floor polish! Can ya believe that? I said ‘Boy! Don’t be drinking the floor polish! Not the floor polish!’ But kid wouldn’t listen. Had to fire him. A week later, he crashed his car. Cops found him dead with a case of floor polish in the back seat. A crying shame. Kid had his whole life ahead of him and he throws it away for a case of floor polish and a good time. So, to answer your question, young lady, do I know Tim Drake personally? Yeah, I know him personally."
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Democratic Marxists
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Marxists » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:09 pm

Carrie Kelley/Robin
Carrie had passed out from dehydration upon mounting the motorcyle behind her fellow Robin-clad hero. She woke up on a stretcher inside a dark and cold hall...no. It was a cave! A cave littered with gadgets, screens, vehicles, and suits.

The blonde Robin was standing in front of her.

“What is this place?” Carrie asked tentatively.
I’m a democratic socialist. Yes, I believe in the radical idea of sharing, as do so many other people. Fight me.

Pro: Socialism, Social Democracy, Peace, Environment, Legal Marijuana, Gun Control, Economic Redistribution, Medicare for All, Living Wage, Tuition-Free College, Feminism, Universal Pre-K, Palestine, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Jeremy Corbyn, Jacinda Ardern, AMLO, Labour Party, Democratic Socialists of America, Green Party

Moderate: Barack Obama, Tulsi Gabbard

Anti: Casino Capitalism, Ruthless Billionaires, Abortion, Racism, War, The Wall, Israel, ISIL, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Hillary Clinton, Theresa May, Donald Trump, Republican Party, Democratic Party

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Robin
The Democratic Marxists wrote:Carrie Kelley/Robin
Carrie had passed out from dehydration upon mounting the motorcyle behind her fellow Robin-clad hero. She woke up on a stretcher inside a dark and cold hall...no. It was a cave! A cave littered with gadgets, screens, vehicles, and suits.

The blonde Robin was standing in front of her.

“What is this place?” Carrie asked tentatively.

Steph looked down at the young girl. She couldn’t be more than 13 or 14.

“Doesn’t matter,” Steph replied, “it’s good you’re awake. Now I can take you home.” Steph paused. “I’ve seen videos of you. You’re amazing. Almost as skilled as I am. With time, you could have been a great hero, but you should stop doing this. You don’t want anymore trouble with law enforcement; I mean, you’ve been caught beating cops. They don’t care what kind of cops they were. The GCPD will find you, and possibly kill you. You can’t keep this up.”

Stephanie gave the frightened girl a smile.

“What’s your name, kiddo?” She saw the defensive expression of this Robin wannabe’s face, “Look, your secret identity is safe with me. You might as well tell me.” Just to prove that she could be trusted, Steph pulled of her domino mask, revealing her eyes and entire face to the girl.

“My name’s Stephanie Brown. I’m the new Robin, I’ve taken over from Tim Drake. He’s trying to keep a low profile, I’m sure you know why. Now, where do you want me to take you?”
Last edited by Lic on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:02 am

Madison had been listening intently to the man's one-sided conversation, taking in details. This was a side of her that wasn’t commonly seen, the side that became analytical and focused. She blinked as something came to her. “Hold on, Sam. You said Bruce Wayne hires his employees?” She asked. Madison didn’t show it, and maybe only Maggie would be able to pick up on it, but there was a note of excitement in her voice.

“He screens them himself?” The realization had never hit her before. The playboy hadn’t shown his face around Gotham for quite a while. Madison looked over to Maggie, motioning for her to write that information down.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:25 am

Sam Danielson

Whalestron wrote:Detective Madison Clifford

“Hold on, Sam. You said Bruce Wayne hires his employees?” She asked. Madison didn’t show it, and maybe only Maggie would be able to pick up on it, but there was a note of excitement in her voice.

“He screens them himself?” The realization had never hit her before. The playboy hadn’t shown his face around Gotham for quite a while. Madison looked over to Maggie, motioning for her to write that information down.

“Well. Mr. Wayne as in the company. More of a corporate directive. I mean Mr. Wayne doesn’t sit down and interview every single one of these people. Oh no, that’s definitely not something Mr. Wayne would do. Not exactly a hands-on kinda boss.” He gave Madison a sly wink. “More of a ladies’ man, if ya know what I mean. Not to say he doesn’t take an interest. I had this one employee, Carl Simpson, had a few run-ins with the law before coming here. Says to me that Mr. Wayne put in a good word for him, helped get him hired. Owes Mr. Wayne everything for doing that. Mind you, I didn’t put much stock in that, figured the guy was really grateful, that’s all. But one day, wouldn’t you know it, Mr. Wayne, the man himself, comes down here on an inspection tour. Picks Carl out of the crowd and says ‘Hey Carl, how’s everything? Ya doing alright? I’ve been checking now and then and I just wanna tell you that you’re doing a great job, keep it up!’ Now, isn’t that something? Mr. Wayne, he’s alright.

Sam had a thought. “Say…now that I think of it, I think Mr. Wayne might have had something to do with Tim getting hired. Not that he needed any help. Tim’s one bright young man. Got a good head on his shoulders, that one. And the things he can do with a mop, you wouldn’t believe! But, I have seen them together from time to time. Ask me, I think Mr. Wayne’s grooming that boy to take over the family business one of these days. But, that’s between you and me. I’d appreciate it if ya didn’t go spreading that around. And hey…come to think of it, there is something else. This one time, I seen Mr. Wayne’s butler, real nice English gentleman, pick up Tim in Mr. Wayne’s Royce. Have you seen that car? I’d think I’d died and gone to Heaven if ya ever saw me in the back seat of a car like that! I’m pretty sure that he was driving Tim back to that big ol’mansion Mr. Wayne owns. Does that help any?”

Fronket
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fronket » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:43 am

Detective Maggie Sawyer
Maggie had seen Madison’s signal to write it down. But she already had. She continued listening to Mr. Danielson’s juicy answer, circling her note saying ‘Bruce Wayne’ and making an arrow next to it, pointing to a small picture of a bat and a question mark. She made some bullet points below, mentioning Tim being driven away to Wayne Manor by Mr. Wayne’s butler, and one bullet point mentioning how Mr. Wayne took a special interest in Tim.

Maggie thought they were done here. She pushed her chair out from behind her, reaching out her hand to the man. “Thank you Mr. Danielson, we really appreciate your time.”

Maggie entered the elevator, waiting for Madison. “Next stop: Wayne Manor. We can question the butler, if he’s still there, and maybe obtain a search warrant to snoop around there if we have a reason. But it makes sense though: if Tim Drake is Robin, he must have known Batman personally, right? Batman left Gotham, and so did Bruce Wayne. If we crack the Disciples case and Batman’s identity, we'd be killing two birds with one stone. We’d be the first people in the GCPD to find out who The Batman is! And then we could issue an arrest warrant for that murderer. So let’s get to Wayne Manor quick and see what we can find out.”

Farilexasm
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Farilexasm » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:50 am

Alberto Falcone
Fronket wrote:Commisioner Harvey Bullock
“Ah, listen, Al...of course I appreciate your really generous gift. I truly do. But did you see what Bane did to Robin?Robin, one of this city’s most skilled combatants, went down to Bane. Nah, dude, I don’t need that on my shoulders. It’s a big risk. Unless...well, you could do something to show your immense need for this. This position, Commisioner...it ain’t guaranteed, I’m only ‘acting’ Commisioner. And there’s no reason I should think I’ll remain in the spot, if even at the top of the GCPD. The new Mayor, we all know she’s a Cobblepot pawn...and she won’t want to keep a Falcone friend like me, someone who really wants to help her client’s competition. But, I can win her over...if my gals crack the Disciples case. We’re trying to locate their base. And I heard a rumor that one of your competitors knows of their whereabouts. To put it frankly...I would really love to help you if you talk to the Red Hood. Apparently he knows where they are, even who Batman is! If he tells us their location, and Batman’s identity...I can be a legend. The leading voice against vigilantes. The public, the mayor, the entire government would be behind me. I’d be safe from Bane, everyone would forget about him. Then I can hunt him and arrest him like the anarchist scum he is. Will ya talk to Red Hood? Please? And then I’ll start the Bane manhunt, I promise.”

Talking to Red Hood? This would be the greatest breach of Alberto’s honor code! But if it meant regaining his father’s favor, then Alberto would do it.

He dialed in another number into his phone. “We need to talk.” He said harshly. “In person. It’s gonna be good for you and for me.”

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:54 am

Madison followed Maggie out, thanking Sam on her way through the door. “He’s got more than enough money to finance all of their gadgets and stuff.” She wanted to ask what his motive was, but knew that would likely be something only Bruce Wayne, if he really was the Batman, could answer.

She hopped into the car as they made their way to Wayne Manor, Madison lost in thought. Maggie was definitely eager to put Batman in jail after that broadcast. Madison, on the other hand, didn’t feel as though everything was all right about it. Why would Batman come back just to kill the mayor? There couldn’t possibly be a motive behind that. She snapped back when they arrived, Madison hopping out of the car. “What’s the plan?”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse