NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:39 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Tamrida wrote:For your information, it is the CONDIMENT KING! And he is nothing like the Toddler, he is more in line with the likes of Calendar Man and Clock King.

Also, GO ENTHUSIASM! And thanks, your post was great as well.

Oh, apologies, your majesty. :p

And thanks!

Hey, at least you didn't confuse the name of the Eraser as Eraser man or something. :p .
United States of Brainy wrote:I still don't know who The Toddler is??? The only thing I found is that he's a Henry Danger villain. Is that who we're talking about?

What is Henry Danger? As I has strikes though in a previous post, it was an error when writing "Riddler"
And anyways, do you think I could do a conversation with my character and either Lark, Raven, or Jay?

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Villain APP:
Name/Alias: The Crooked Man
Age: Stories of this creature can be found dated back to old Native American folk lore, and even Pre-Aztec era carvings describe a creature similar to this.
Gender: It has no gender identifying marks that are known of, though the Crooked Man is most commonly referred to as a “He.”
Appearance: There is no footage of the Crooked Man to be found, however, there are eyewitness descriptions. These descriptions often match very specific key points, however, each story has distinct differences. From what we can gather, the crooked man is a tall, pale creature. It is described as having an unnervingly wide smile, and long, horrific teeth. It’s eyes are described as being hollow, almost looking as if there is nothing inside the eye socket. One detail that every eyewitness sites is its neck. Described as being long, longer than it should be. The neck is often tilted to the side, as broken. The creature supposedly has long, straight black hair, and long fingernails as well.
Personality: Through extensive testing, it seems our predecessors discovered the nature of this... creature. It is violent, for one thing, but subdued when in the presence of especially bright lights, such as sunlight. It has a strange bloodlust towards humans, and is obsessed with sounds such as bones cracking. The creature acts primal, almost as if it is an animal, though it has been noted to have moments of extreme intellect, and knowledge far beyond current era technology. It appears to speak almost any language, even long dead ones.
Faction: Can one man truly belong to a faction if he is so ravenous he would murder those who would supposedly be his allies? In short, no.
Affiliation: The Crooked Man acts of only his own wishes.
Race: The Crooked Man is a mysterious being, thought to be an unnatural human, but possibly so much more.
Backstory:
*The following tape was located at a military facility in [REDACTED], just south of [REDACTED].*
Doctor: Enigma code 637, nickname “The Crooked Man.” Today, we will be doing an interactive test, where we shall interview the subject in question in discovering the true origin and race of this creature.
Here, a door can be heard opening.
Doctor: Greetings Entity 637. My name is Dr.[REDACTED]], and I wish to speak with you. I suppose I should ask the first question now. While we already have record of this, I wish to know if you are capable of speech.
Entity: Yes doctor, I can speak. Every man who comes in here asks me this same question. Move on.
Doctor: Okay, so, my next question is this. What are you? Where did you come from? What is your purpose here?
Here a strange noise can be heard, sounding similar to a laugh, though the noise is unnaturally guttural. It is assumed this is the Crooked Man “laughing.”
Entity: Oh, you doctors amuse me so. You wish to know what I am? Very well. I have been called many things, by many people. However, you called me the “Crooked Man?” I like that name. So that is what you can call me.
Doctor: I didn’t ask what I could call you, I asked you what you were.
Entity: Do not get testy with me doctor. Many of your kind have made that same mistake. You wish to know what I am? What kind of beast has been roaming the world, what monster you have locked yourself in a room with? Very well. I have been considered a god by many. An eldritch creature of folk stories. As for why I am here, well, the answer is rather simple. I am here for the purpose of being a reaper, a control factor for you humans. Civilization began destroying, this I was made, to destroy civilization. Many a city I have razed throughout history, for I am the one who is to cull life. Where did I come from? Well, I am simply a being of the minds of men. A nightmare, produced by mans fear of destruction, thus the cause of a humans true destruction upon the real world. People tend to make their fears come true, if you’ve ever noticed that. Wouldn’t you agree, doctor? Oh... by the way... when’s the last time you checked the generator. I could have sworn I heard it sputtering.
At this point in the recording, we hear the tape recorder fall to the floor, followed by a series of shouts, banging, and what is though to be gunfire. We can assume that the Crooked Man escaped upon a building wide power failure that caused the lights to go out, allowing the beats to kill his interrogators and break free. No one knows where it is now, but wherever this beats is, it continues to hunt man to this day, achieving its purpose.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Abilities:
Extreme Agility: Witnesses report seeing the Crooked Man evade shotgun fire at near point blank range. It has an apparent speed of over 427 m/s.
Extreme Strength: The Crooked Man has the physical strength to lift an ACAVP, a UK tank weighing 24 tonnes.
Apparent Semi Immortality: Evidence suggests that the Crooked Man is entirely unaffected by the adverse effects of age, nor can it die of old age. It may possibly be highly resistant to death by outside means as well, as witnesses report hitting the entity with a car, after which, the creature stood up unharmed. This may not hold true for piercing weapons, however, as it avoids any sort of gun or knife like the plague.
Stealth: Oddly enough, despite being so large, no one has ever seen the Crooked man without it wanting the to. It has a body temperature unreadable via thermal vision, and seems to be able to blend in with its environment. How it does this is yet to be discovered.
Shadow Hallucinations: Witness reports claim that being in the presence of this creature caused hallucinations of varying degrees, from simple auditory and smell based hallucinations to full blown tangible visual hallucinations.
Senses: The Crooked Mans senses are fine tuned to a point. He can hear a pin drop from a mile away, and smell even the faintest scent at the same distance. It’s eyesight is not that of a humans, as it seems to be able to see in some form of thermal vision, in low light areas, or even be able to see the origin of a scent.
Equipment:
The Crooked Man doesn’t have any equipment except for his natural weapons of his claws and teeth.
Weaknesses:
Light Sensitivity: In areas with bright light, or even under the gaze of a high voltage flashlight, the Crooked man goes dormant. However, lights have a mysterious way of dying it while in the presence of the entity.
Piercing weapons: The entity clearly wasn’t built to survive things such as bullets, though bullets are honestly one of the only weapons that can affect the crooked man.
Skills: Hunting/Tracking, every other skill is related to one of his powers.
RP Examples: *Elias sits in a corner shaking his head as people forget about him*
Extra Information
Day Job: No jobs for this eldrich abomination.
Living place: Anywhere it can hide during the day.
Voice Actor: This will take a while to determine.
Likes/Dislikes: Unknown
Theme Song: Alice the Human Sacrifice (I don’t know, that song just kinda has the same creepy tune I’d imagine would play if this thing was in a horror game.)
Did you read the rules? No Yes

SCP based character complete!
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Tamrida wrote:Hey, at least you didn't confuse the name of the Eraser as Eraser man or something. :p .

What is Henry Danger? As I has strikes though in a previous post, it was an error when writing "Riddler"
And anyways, do you think I could do a conversation with my character and either Lark, Raven, or Jay?

Ohhhh....you meant the Riddler. Yeah, I can be dense sometimes as is the case with all true geniuses. :p

And sure, I think Lark would be up for a conversation. Just have to figure out why she would be interested in talking to you. :P Does she know your secret identity?

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:06 pm

Tamrida wrote:
Ormata wrote:
The Toddler is a terrifying villain.

Flipping autocorrect, I meant the Riddler! Yeah, only second most terrifying behind the Penny Plunderer.

It's a good thing I have an automatic autocorrect when I read things; so many times have I read words that are misspelled or out of context.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:Villain APP:
Name/Alias: The Crooked Man
Age: Stories of this creature can be found dated back to old Native American folk lore, and even Pre-Aztec era carvings describe a creature similar to this.
Gender: It has no gender identifying marks that are known of, though the Crooked Man is most commonly referred to as a “He.”
Appearance: There is no footage of the Crooked Man to be found, however, there are eyewitness descriptions. These descriptions often match very specific key points, however, each story has distinct differences. From what we can gather, the crooked man is a tall, pale creature. It is described as having an unnervingly wide smile, and long, horrific teeth. It’s eyes are described as being hollow, almost looking as if there is nothing inside the eye socket. One detail that every eyewitness sites is its neck. Described as being long, longer than it should be. The neck is often tilted to the side, as broken. The creature supposedly has long, straight black hair, and long fingernails as well.
Personality: Through extensive testing, it seems our predecessors discovered the nature of this... creature. It is violent, for one thing, but subdued when in the presence of especially bright lights, such as sunlight. It has a strange bloodlust towards humans, and is obsessed with sounds such as bones cracking. The creature acts primal, almost as if it is an animal, though it has been noted to have moments of extreme intellect, and knowledge far beyond current era technology. It appears to speak almost any language, even long dead ones.
Faction: Can one man truly belong to a faction if he is so ravenous he would murder those who would supposedly be his allies? In short, no.
Affiliation: The Crooked Man acts of only his own wishes.
Race: The Crooked Man is a mysterious being, thought to be an unnatural human, but possibly so much more.
Backstory:
*The following tape was located at a military facility in [REDACTED], just south of [REDACTED].*
Doctor: Enigma code 637, nickname “The Crooked Man.” Today, we will be doing an interactive test, where we shall interview the subject in question in discovering the true origin and race of this creature.
Here, a door can be heard opening.
Doctor: Greetings Entity 637. My name is Dr.[REDACTED]], and I wish to speak with you. I suppose I should ask the first question now. While we already have record of this, I wish to know if you are capable of speech.
Entity: Yes doctor, I can speak. Every man who comes in here asks me this same question. Move on.
Doctor: Okay, so, my next question is this. What are you? Where did you come from? What is your purpose here?
Here a strange noise can be heard, sounding similar to a laugh, though the noise is unnaturally guttural. It is assumed this is the Crooked Man “laughing.”
Entity: Oh, you doctors amuse me so. You wish to know what I am? Very well. I have been called many things, by many people. However, you called me the “Crooked Man?” I like that name. So that is what you can call me.
Doctor: I didn’t ask what I could call you, I asked you what you were.
Entity: Do not get testy with me doctor. Many of your kind have made that same mistake. You wish to know what I am? What kind of beast has been roaming the world, what monster you have locked yourself in a room with? Very well. I have been considered a god by many. An eldritch creature of folk stories. As for why I am here, well, the answer is rather simple. I am here for the purpose of being a reaper, a control factor for you humans. Civilization began destroying, this I was made, to destroy civilization. Many a city I have razed throughout history, for I am the one who is to cull life. Where did I come from? Well, I am simply a being of the minds of men. A nightmare, produced by mans fear of destruction, thus the cause of a humans true destruction upon the real world. People tend to make their fears come true, if you’ve ever noticed that. Wouldn’t you agree, doctor? Oh... by the way... when’s the last time you checked the generator. I could have sworn I heard it sputtering.
At this point in the recording, we hear the tape recorder fall to the floor, followed by a series of shouts, banging, and what is though to be gunfire. We can assume that the Crooked Man escaped upon a building wide power failure that caused the lights to go out, allowing the beats to kill his interrogators and break free. No one knows where it is now, but wherever this beats is, it continues to hunt man to this day, achieving its purpose.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Abilities:
Extreme Agility: Witnesses report seeing the Crooked Man evade shotgun fire at near point blank range. It has an apparent speed of over 427 m/s.
Extreme Strength: The Crooked Man has the physical strength to lift an ACAVP, a UK tank weighing 24 tonnes.
Apparent Semi Immortality: Evidence suggests that the Crooked Man is entirely unaffected by the adverse effects of age, nor can it die of old age. It may possibly be highly resistant to death by outside means as well, as witnesses report hitting the entity with a car, after which, the creature stood up unharmed. This may not hold true for piercing weapons, however, as it avoids any sort of gun or knife like the plague.
Stealth: Oddly enough, despite being so large, no one has ever seen the Crooked man without it wanting the to. It has a body temperature unreadable via thermal vision, and seems to be able to blend in with its environment. How it does this is yet to be discovered.
Shadow Hallucinations: Witness reports claim that being in the presence of this creature caused hallucinations of varying degrees, from simple auditory and smell based hallucinations to full blown tangible visual hallucinations.
Senses: The Crooked Mans senses are fine tuned to a point. He can hear a pin drop from a mile away, and smell even the faintest scent at the same distance. It’s eyesight is not that of a humans, as it seems to be able to see in some form of thermal vision, in low light areas, or even be able to see the origin of a scent.
Equipment:
The Crooked Man doesn’t have any equipment except for his natural weapons of his claws and teeth.
Weaknesses:
Light Sensitivity: In areas with bright light, or even under the gaze of a high voltage flashlight, the Crooked man goes dormant. However, lights have a mysterious way of dying it while in the presence of the entity.
Piercing weapons: The entity clearly wasn’t built to survive things such as bullets, though bullets are honestly one of the only weapons that can affect the crooked man.
Skills: Hunting/Tracking, every other skill is related to one of his powers.
RP Examples: *Elias sits in a corner shaking his head as people forget about him*
Extra Information
Day Job: No jobs for this eldrich abomination.
Living place: Anywhere it can hide during the day.
Voice Actor: This will take a while to determine.
Likes/Dislikes: Unknown
Theme Song: Alice the Human Sacrifice (I don’t know, that song just kinda has the same creepy tune I’d imagine would play if this thing was in a horror game.)
Did you read the rules? No Yes

SCP based character complete!

COMPLETE AND ACCEPTED! :)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Tamrida wrote:Hey, at least you didn't confuse the name of the Eraser as Eraser man or something. :p .

Ohhhh....you meant the Riddler. Yeah, I can be dense sometimes as is the case with all true geniuses. :p

And sure, I think Lark would be up for a conversation. Just have to figure out why she would be interested in talking to you. :P Does she know your secret identity?

Well I wrote my character as an occasional patron, and I see no reason why it should be hidden, granted that my good doctor has rubbed elbows with the big wigs in the criminal world before.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Sydney just had a little something I like to call fun but what she would call a waking nightmare.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Tamrida wrote:

Well I wrote my character as an occasional patron, and I see no reason why it should be hidden, granted that my good doctor has rubbed elbows with the big wigs in the criminal world before.

Gotcha. ;) Gimme a few to get my thoughts together and I'll see what I can come up with. And oh, Henry Danger's a kid's TV show. Like, a corny one, what you'd expect for a show with a supervillain named the Toddler. :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:31 pm

Auphelia wrote:Sydney just had a little something I like to call fun but what she would call a waking nightmare.

Yeah, we can get to Miss Crayola-throwing ninja in a moment but first..."mini" caped crusader?! Are you implying that Babs is short?! :evil:

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:34 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Yeah, we can get to Miss Crayola-throwing ninja in a moment but first..."mini" caped crusader?! Are you implying that Babs is short?! :evil:

No, just that The Queen doesn't have a very high opinion of the capabilities of Batgirl. She hasn't fought her yet, so she sees her as a Batman ripoff.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Auphelia wrote:
No, just that The Queen doesn't have a very high opinion of the capabilities of Batgirl. She hasn't fought her yet, so she sees her as a Batman ripoff.

Ahhh...okay, just don't call her short! :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:40 pm

And oh, Sydney throwing Mary through a shattered window- :rofl:

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:41 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:And oh, Sydney throwing Mary through a shattered window- :rofl:

How is that funny!?

SC #307

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Sorry for never posting, I hope to remedy that soon
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Auphelia wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Yeah, we can get to Miss Crayola-throwing ninja in a moment but first..."mini" caped crusader?! Are you implying that Babs is short?! :evil:

Hey, Batgirl is so much less of a ripped off of Batman than Batwoman, so at least give her that.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Auphelia wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:And oh, Sydney throwing Mary through a shattered window- :rofl:

How is that funny!?

No, funny in an amazed, "oh my god, I can't believe she just did that!" way. :D And letting the cat scratch her to use the blood to blind the fox-AMAZING! :D

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:51 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:No, funny in an amazed, "oh my god, I can't believe she just did that!" way. :D And letting the cat scratch her to use the blood to blind the fox-AMAZING! :D

Aw, thanks! I tried to be creative, or as creative as you can be with a mathematical power.

SC #307

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Okay, posted for Batgirl, sorry about the wait. Gonna work on Lark in a couple minutes.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:52 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Okay, posted for Batgirl, sorry about the wait. Gonna work on Lark in a couple minutes.

Ooh, a countermeasure! I like it.

SC #307

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Ooh, a countermeasure! I like it.

;)

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:56 pm

United States of Brainy wrote: ;)

Gas attack? Nothing lethal, I would think?

SC #307

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:00 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Gas attack? Nothing lethal, I would think?

No, nothing lethal. That's why I was dead (haha, no pun intended) set against Isaac using his powers. I mean they're just cute innocent animals, innocent victims.

Oh, but like you should be one to talk, Miss "Stick'em with pencils and shit and shotgun them to death!" :p

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:01 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Okay, posted for Batgirl, sorry about the wait. Gonna work on Lark in a couple minutes.

Okay, cool!

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Tamrida wrote:Okay, cool!

Starting on it right now, gimme 15-20 minutes. :)

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:04 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:No, nothing lethal. That's why I was dead (haha, no pun intended) set against Isaac using his powers. I mean they're just cute innocent animals, innocent victims.

Oh, but like you should be one to talk, Miss "Stick'em with pencils and shit and shotgun them to death!" :p

I wasn't saying lethal measures would be bad, just knowing Batgirl's general demeanour and the fact if there are humans alive in the area, anything that could kill larger animals could most certainly injure them.

SC #307

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse