NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:04 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Derek had a rough day.

Oh, he's fine! Fine, I tell ya! Anyway, Brits are tough! :lol:

Also, I think Greyface might need to do a bit of crime-fighting while heading to the university. And increase their kill count I mean, increase their fulfillment of justice!
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:12 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Also, I think Greyface might need to do a bit of crime-fighting while heading to the university. And increase their kill count I mean, increase their fulfillment of justice!

Well...if ya wanted, we could do a little storytelling sleight of hand with the time and say it's Monday night instead of Tuesday afternoon and Lizzie could stop by a certain cafe on her way to the university? ;) Your call. And oh, the Dr. Palmer I had in mind isn't Palmer's dad, its a different Dr. Ray Palmer. Although...I guess he could be Palmer's dad, that would be hilarious! :rofl:

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Also, I think Greyface might need to do a bit of crime-fighting while heading to the university. And increase their kill count I mean, increase their fulfillment of justice!

Well...if ya wanted, we could do a little storytelling sleight of hand with the time and say it's Monday night instead of Tuesday afternoon and Lizzie could stop by a certain cafe on her way to the university? ;) Your call. And oh, the Dr. Palmer I had in mind isn't Palmer's dad, its a different Dr. Ray Palmer. Although...I guess he could be Palmer's dad, that would be hilarious! :rofl:

After what happened at the Industrial Park? On Monday Night?

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:25 pm

Yes. We could say that everything's happening on Tuesday night, Lizzie's house and Penguin's drug meeting. I think if we said that the drug meeting took place on Tuesday night instead of Monday night, it wouldn't make much difference. Again, it's totally up to you. If you think it's too confusing and too much trouble, we could just keep things the way they are and Lizzie could stop whatever random crime she wanted. :)

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:28 pm

Yes. We could say that everything's happening on Tuesday night, Lizzie's house and Penguin's drug meeting. I think if we said that the drug meeting took place on Tuesday night instead of Monday night, it wouldn't make much difference. Again, it's totally up to you. If you think it's too confusing and too much trouble, we could just keep things the way they are and Lizzie could stop whatever random crime she wanted. :)

I think we should keep the drug meeting on Monday night, while Lizzie gets to stop some random crime to prevent confusion.

RPs I do

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:I think we should keep the drug meeting on Monday night, while Lizzie gets to stop some random crime to prevent confusion.

Works for me. :)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:24 pm

Okay! Posted for Pengy! :)

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:10 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:I think after the end of the Bane arc, if and when all conflict is resolved, we should probably do a quick time skip. It’s taken us nearly two months to progress three days time wise. Also, thank you Brainy! That was probably one of my better posts, and I wanted a good way to at least end Elias’s character arc. In the end, he was more a pawn in Alex’s story... and that of the rival he shall face next. :twisted:

Yep, I agree, a time skip would probably be a good idea. I'm thinking a couple weeks, not months though. I'd like to see this storyline run through Halloween and then we could skip ahead to Thanksgiving. :)

Pax Nerdvana wrote:So what exactly is going on? There's no way The Electrician can hear inside of the Penny Arcade, so he can't know to go to Orwell Industries. So where should I leap in?

Hmmm...well, maybe he noticed that fancy limo and followed it? :p Or...I do have something developing in the next couple posts that might 'attract' the Electrician's attention. Okay, okay, that was more a magnetism pun than an electricity pun but it was the best I could come up with! :p

Yaana Noore wrote:Posted, sorry for the delay. Trying to bring Arrow into it for Julutth also. If you want me to make any changes let me know.

Nono, your post was great, Yaana! Yours too, Whales and Main! :D So...Arthur was the one that killed Layla's mom? :o It's like I suddenly stumbled into a telenovela, hahaha! And Coyne wants to sell coke out of his arcade. That's so 80s! The only thing missing is Nancy Reagan! :lol:

What have you got in mind?
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Nation av Katter
Lobbyist

Founded: May 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Villain App

Postby Nation av Katter » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:54 am

Name/Allias: Pamela Lillian Isley/ Poison Ivy
Appearance: Ivy has long bright red hair, vines around arms and legs, is medium sized with a light green suit of vines and has dark green stiletto boots, pale skin, and flashing green eyes.
Personality: Ivy is highly seductive and is as daring as any other female that looks as good as her. She is, in a way, a Venus flytrap for men. Look out, Gotham.
Backstory: Pamela grew up wealthy with emotionally distant parents, and later studied advanced botanical biochemistry at a university with Alec Holland under Dr. Jason Woodrue. Isley, a shy girl, was easily seduced by her professor. Woodrue injects Isley with poisons and toxins as an experiment, causing her transformation.She nearly died twice as a result of these poisonings, driving her insane.
Affiliation: The Gotham Sirens (Catwoman and Harley Quinn)
Powers: Poisoness kisses and mind control with a special perfume from her own plants.
Last edited by Nation av Katter on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:21 am

Hi there, thanks for the interest and nice to see someone looking at taking up Ivy (I play Harley Quinn).

Would you mind filling out your app with the other sections in the app template, which can be found at the bottom of the first post. Of particular importance is if you could outline her powers in greater detai as well as weaknesses. We might all know who Poison Ivy is, but the extent of her powers can vary. So if you outline what your version of the character can do that would be great. As part of either the backstory or personality any sort of motivation will be very helpful in fleshing her out. A RP example is also needed, thanks.

I'm considering this app a WIP and look forward to seeing it completed.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:57 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:What have you got in mind?

Well...I was thinking that he could somehow stumble onto that hostage situation at the cafe. But two kids with shotguns doesn't seem like much of a challenge. I also need it to be a distraction for Deputy so there's that too. Electrician could maybe follow the limo to the police station/drug factory and make his move after Layla's left. But I'm thinking he's too OP for the opposition he would face. It would be really nice if Hatter and Calendar Man could get involved, that would even the odds somewhat. Iunno, Pax.

Hey everyone, just a heads up, today's been really busy for me so I might not be around much tonight. Sorry.

Julutth
Secretary

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:18 pm

Posted.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:31 pm

Well...I was thinking that he could somehow stumble onto that hostage situation at the cafe. But two kids with shotguns doesn't seem like much of a challenge. I also need it to be a distraction for Deputy so there's that too. Electrician could maybe follow the limo to the police station/drug factory and make his move after Layla's left. But I'm thinking he's too OP for the opposition he would face. It would be really nice if Hatter and Calendar Man could get involved, that would even the odds somewhat. Iunno, Pax.

Hey everyone, just a heads up, today's been really busy for me so I might not be around much tonight. Sorry.

W h o S a y s S h e ' l l B e D i s t r a c t e d ? :ugeek:

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:36 pm

I will post tomorrow. Schedule is bad just because of the amount of time I don't spend in the house.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:26 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:I will post tomorrow. Schedule is bad just because of the amount of time I don't spend in the house.

That's absolutely fine, absolutely no rush. :) I hope things are better for you, transportation-wise.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:30 pm

Whalestron wrote:W h o S a y s S h e ' l l B e D i s t r a c t e d ? :ugeek:

Ho-ho-ho, I think we're about to have a game of Russian roulette. Or a Mexican standoff. Which, considering this site, would be really appropriate. :lol: I'll have my posts up tomorrow and then we'll see if Layla still has the upper hand! :twisted:

Great posts, everyone! :)

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Whalestron wrote:W h o S a y s S h e ' l l B e D i s t r a c t e d ? :ugeek:

Ho-ho-ho, I think we're about to have a game of Russian roulette. Or a Mexican standoff. Which, considering this site, would be really appropriate. :lol: I'll have my posts up tomorrow and then we'll see if Layla still has the upper hand! :twisted:

Great posts, everyone! :)

From here on out, everyone must refer to Bane as “Nacho Libre” while in the OOC page
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:10 am

You'd think the Tracker would have been removed after being washed and checked,but uh,i'll see whats your Idea first.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:10 am

Ok, I'll start working on a post.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Nation av Katter
Lobbyist

Founded: May 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nation av Katter » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:18 am

Yaana Noore wrote:Hi there, thanks for the interest and nice to see someone looking at taking up Ivy (I play Harley Quinn).

Would you mind filling out your app with the other sections in the app template, which can be found at the bottom of the first post. Of particular importance is if you could outline her powers in greater detai as well as weaknesses. We might all know who Poison Ivy is, but the extent of her powers can vary. So if you outline what your version of the character can do that would be great. As part of either the backstory or personality any sort of motivation will be very helpful in fleshing her out. A RP example is also needed, thanks.

I'm considering this app a WIP and look forward to seeing it completed.

Heavy wip haha, I’ll get around to finishing it tonight

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:32 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:From here on out, everyone must refer to Bane as “Nacho Libre” while in the OOC page

Suddenly, I'm hungry for nachos! I hope there'll be nachos at Bane's, ahem, I mean Nacho Libre's hideout! :lol:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:34 pm

Skarten wrote:You'd think the Tracker would have been removed after being washed and checked,but uh,i'll see whats your Idea first.

Historian washes and waxes his helicopter because he knows chicks dig the copter. :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:42 pm

Frabjoyous?! Is that even a word? *googles* Oh my god, IT IS! :D And even better, it's from Alice Through the Looking Glass! That's AWESOME, you're so clever, PF! Wonderful post. You too, Pax. And really good timing too!

Okay, time to get busy on writing some posts. ;)

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:44 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Frabjoyous?! Is that even a word? *googles* Oh my god, IT IS! :D And even better, it's from Alice Through the Looking Glass! That's AWESOME, you're so clever, PF! Wonderful post. You too, Pax. And really good timing too!

Okay, time to get busy on writing some posts. ;)

Thanks. I was hoping for a dramatic entrance. :)
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:16 pm

Penguin posted. I''ll have the kids up tonight. ;)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse