NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Nevrintik
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 61
Founded: Jul 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevrintik » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:20 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Nevrintik wrote:Is it considered OP if my character Fah can sense chaos and discord in an area? For example, a terrorist group on the other side of town begins razing buildings. Fah could sense this chaos and plan to investigate it or whatever. Another use is being able to sense mental or emotional trouble within an individual if he gets close to them, be it mental instability or general distress. The closer he is to a source or area of great chaos, the stronger he can feel it.

The idea is that Fah has trained so hard and long that he has gained a type of inhuman mental acuity and sharpness. Is this fine?

I mean... kinda? You didn’t include in the original app, which is fine. You can just add it to the app, and no need to resubmit. My concern is that this chaos sensing is really close to some form of psychic ability, like some form of empathic ability, and that could be a bit too op, considering it’s rather close to mind reading. I’ll leave this decision up to either Yaana, Tam, or Brainy, but this was just my thoughts on it.

It's something to think about, at least. Would you have any suggestions as to how it could be 'improved'?
I really love RPing, but I am still very new to it.

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Illegal Planets wrote:I'll start by saying that I am ok because I don't want to freak anyone out, but I was in a car crash and i've been mostly bed ridden.Worst of the damage is a fractured pelvis, everything else is cosmetic. I'm gonna start writing again but the painkillers make me fuzzy, so maybe not for a while longer. But i'll be around again soon


Oh my god! Just focus on getting better, don't even worry about posting.

User avatar
Main Nation Ministry
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5247
Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:35 pm

I have finished the official last backstory post for Greyface. Let me double check things, then I shall submit it.

Also, if the impostor Mad Hatter wants to meet with the Penny Plunderer, I would recommend it happens on Monday morning.
Local 19 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week:
"That's okay. Your tears say more than real evidence ever could." - The 1994 episode, Homer Badman, The Simpsons.

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:I have finished the official last backstory post for Greyface. Let me double check things, then I shall submit it.

Also, if the impostor Mad Hatter wants to meet with the Penny Plunderer, I would recommend it happens on Monday morning.


Okay, Main. Sounds good on both points! :)

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:54 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Nevrintik wrote:Is it considered OP if my character Fah can sense chaos and discord in an area? For example, a terrorist group on the other side of town begins razing buildings. Fah could sense this chaos and plan to investigate it or whatever. Another use is being able to sense mental or emotional trouble within an individual if he gets close to them, be it mental instability or general distress. The closer he is to a source or area of great chaos, the stronger he can feel it.

The idea is that Fah has trained so hard and long that he has gained a type of inhuman mental acuity and sharpness. Is this fine?

I mean... kinda? You didn’t include in the original app, which is fine. You can just add it to the app, and no need to resubmit. My concern is that this chaos sensing is really close to some form of psychic ability, like some form of empathic ability, and that could be a bit too op, considering it’s rather close to mind reading. I’ll leave this decision up to either Yaana, Tam, or Brainy, but this was just my thoughts on it.


So, basically you want him to have a Spidey-Sense. I'll entertain the idea considering that one of Fah's existing skills is his uncanny ability to read body language and how other people are feeling. Of course, I need to see a finalized, detailed description of this new power before I decide to approve it or not. My suggestion is that you keep it simple. If it's a Spidey-Sense, have it follow similar parameters in that he can only sense people that pose an imminent threat to himself or those around him in a very limited area, like basically the crowd of people around him. He can't sense exactly what they're up to, just a general sense of unease. Thoughts?

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:58 pm

Sorry for not being around the last couple days, just been really busy. And it looks like I'll be busy for the next couple days so again, sorry. Hey Haedros, so what's happening with Bane? Are we waiting for the fight with Maggie to finish before Babs steps in and kicks Bane's butt? :p

User avatar
Haedros 92712
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1108
Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:04 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Sorry for not being around the last couple days, just been really busy. And it looks like I'll be busy for the next couple days so again, sorry. Hey Haedros, so what's happening with Bane? Are we waiting for the fight with Maggie to finish before Babs steps in and kicks Bane's butt? :p

From what I can tell, that fights already finished. Bane just ragdolled maggie down a hallway and into a wall.
IVE GOT TOOOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!

Seriously I have way too much time to spend on RPs. It’s actually kinda sad.


Also I’m obsessed with JoJos Bizarre Adventure (if you didn’t notice.)

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:12 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Sorry for not being around the last couple days, just been really busy. And it looks like I'll be busy for the next couple days so again, sorry. Hey Haedros, so what's happening with Bane? Are we waiting for the fight with Maggie to finish before Babs steps in and kicks Bane's butt? :p

From what I can tell, that fights already finished. Bane just ragdolled maggie down a hallway and into a wall.


Indeed he did! :p Sorry for missing that. Am I waiting on Lic/Steph then or you want Babs to just jump in at this point? If so, I might be able to get a post sometime tonight but no guarantees.

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:20 pm

And the mystery of Greyface's identity is solved in all its vivid, gory details! Good work, Main! :)
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Main Nation Ministry
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5247
Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:25 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:And the mystery of Greyface's identity is solved in all its vivid, gory details! Good work, Main! :)

Btw, we need a bit of a kill count, because so many random innocent people have died in this RP.
Local 19 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week:
"That's okay. Your tears say more than real evidence ever could." - The 1994 episode, Homer Badman, The Simpsons.

User avatar
Haedros 92712
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1108
Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:41 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:From what I can tell, that fights already finished. Bane just ragdolled maggie down a hallway and into a wall.


Indeed he did! :p Sorry for missing that. Am I waiting on Lic/Steph then or you want Babs to just jump in at this point? If so, I might be able to get a post sometime tonight but no guarantees.

Go ahead and have Babs have a go at Bane. Maybe Caleb will jump in at some point during that fight too.
IVE GOT TOOOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!

Seriously I have way too much time to spend on RPs. It’s actually kinda sad.


Also I’m obsessed with JoJos Bizarre Adventure (if you didn’t notice.)

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:44 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Btw, we need a bit of a kill count, because so many random innocent people have died in this RP.


What are random innocent people for if not to further our villainous reputations, mwahahaha! :twisted:

Haedros 92712 wrote:Go ahead and have Babs have a go at Bane. Maybe Caleb will jump in at some point during that fight too.


Will do, Haedros, I'll try and have a post for ya later tonight! :D

User avatar
Lic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 195
Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:07 pm

Sorry I haven’t been around lately, my house lost WiFi so I’m at someone else’s place where I can get internet service. I’ll probably be posting again in about a week. Sorry about this.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:13 pm

Lic wrote:Sorry I haven’t been around lately, my house lost WiFi so I’m at someone else’s place where I can get internet service. I’ll probably be posting again in about a week. Sorry about this.


No worries, Lic. You can have Steph pick up Bane's shattered, broken body once Babs is done with him. ;)

User avatar
Fronket
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 43
Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fronket » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:40 pm

Posted for Maggie.

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:20 pm

Fronket wrote:Posted for Maggie.


Nice post! And posted for Babs.

User avatar
Nevrintik
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 61
Founded: Jul 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevrintik » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:51 am

Fah is now entering Wayne Manor, seeking to... stop the violence and chaos inside.

I'm still a bit out of the loop after having been gone for that last week. What's going on in Wayne Manor and around town nowadays?
I really love RPing, but I am still very new to it.

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:36 am

Nevrintik wrote:Fah is now entering Wayne Manor, seeking to... stop the violence and chaos inside.

I'm still a bit out of the loop after having been gone for that last week. What's going on in Wayne Manor and around town nowadays?


Bane's attacking Wayne Manor, what else do you need to know? :p Just be aware, if Fah fights Bane, he's going to get his ass kicked big-time. Bane needs to win and win big for the larger story arc. There's a couple wounded cops inside that Fah might be able to help get to safety though. Last week was slow, so reading the last page and a half of posts ought to get you all caught up. ;) Also, the cops pretty much fall under Fronket's control now because Harvey's commish so let them determine how the GCPD is gonna handle the situation. And Spidey-Sense- Yes? No? Did you decide anything further about it?

User avatar
Haedros 92712
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1108
Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:15 pm

Posted for Bane. Babs’ trap didn’t turn out so well. Now we find out. That bane is literally just an ugly as all hell meth head
IVE GOT TOOOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!

Seriously I have way too much time to spend on RPs. It’s actually kinda sad.


Also I’m obsessed with JoJos Bizarre Adventure (if you didn’t notice.)

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:08 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:Posted for Bane. Babs’ trap didn’t turn out so well. Now we find out. That bane is literally just an ugly as all hell meth head


Ho-ho-ho, if Bane thinks that's all that Babs has waiting for him, he's in for a really unpleasant surprise. :twisted:

User avatar
Haedros 92712
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1108
Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:06 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:Posted for Bane. Babs’ trap didn’t turn out so well. Now we find out. That bane is literally just an ugly as all hell meth head


Ho-ho-ho, if Bane thinks that's all that Babs has waiting for him, he's in for a really unpleasant surprise. :twisted:

A lot of your strategy seems to be dropping shit on Banes head. The grand piano probably gave him some sort of concussion, so props to you for that one. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE TO ACTUALLY WOUND BANE IN ANY SIGNIFICANT WAY!
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IVE GOT TOOOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!

Seriously I have way too much time to spend on RPs. It’s actually kinda sad.


Also I’m obsessed with JoJos Bizarre Adventure (if you didn’t notice.)

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:10 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:A lot of your strategy seems to be dropping shit on Banes head.


:twisted:

You're lucky that I didn't drop a safe on his head. :lol: If it puts your mind at ease, nothing more will be dropped on Bane's head in this fight. :p

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:14 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
A lot of your strategy seems to be dropping shit on Banes head. The grand piano probably gave him some sort of concussion, so props to you for that one. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE TO ACTUALLY WOUND BANE IN ANY SIGNIFICANT WAY!


YAY!!!! Do I get a reward or something?
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Haedros 92712
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1108
Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:19 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:
A lot of your strategy seems to be dropping shit on Banes head. The grand piano probably gave him some sort of concussion, so props to you for that one. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE TO ACTUALLY WOUND BANE IN ANY SIGNIFICANT WAY!


YAY!!!! Do I get a reward or something?

The satisfaction of knowing you damaged a bullshit overpowered character when three people with fucking guns absolutely failed.
IVE GOT TOOOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!

Seriously I have way too much time to spend on RPs. It’s actually kinda sad.


Also I’m obsessed with JoJos Bizarre Adventure (if you didn’t notice.)

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:22 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:
YAY!!!! Do I get a reward or something?

The satisfaction of knowing you damaged a bullshit overpowered character when three people with fucking guns absolutely failed.


:D :D :D

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cainesland, Forest State, Norcourt

Advertisement

Remove ads