NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Vevengess Ary
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Jan 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Vevengess Ary » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:39 pm

Lic wrote:@Vevengess Ary - Do you know The Broker? He’s this rich guy in DC who sells properties to supervillains for a lot of cash. If I managed to track this guy using my super deducing/hacking skills, would it be ok if I found the hideout of one of Hush’s drug smuggling gangs and having a confrontation there somewhere down the line? Of course, I don’t know Hush’s ingenious “master plan,” Damian’s goal is to just find Hush and take him down. What do you think?


Yeah, sure!

User avatar
Haedros 92712
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1067
Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:54 pm

Lic wrote:Julutth, it’s ok that you used Alfred in your post, just ask me before making major decisions with him like calling Bruce. Although I don’t object to that.

Speaking of which....

I think it’s time for Bats to return, if only for a day. For all he knows, his son might die in coma soon. It would only be appropriate for Bruce to come back for Talia and the fractured Batfam who have failed time and time again. Yaana should be ready for that.

But who would play the Batman? And what consequences would his visit bring?
IVE GOT TOOOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!

Seriously I have way too much time to spend on RPs. It’s actually kinda sad.


Also I’m obsessed with JoJos Bizarre Adventure (if you didn’t notice.)

User avatar
Lic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 195
Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:30 pm

Posted, it’s a longer one coming from me.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

User avatar
Lic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 195
Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:31 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Lic wrote:Julutth, it’s ok that you used Alfred in your post, just ask me before making major decisions with him like calling Bruce. Although I don’t object to that.

Speaking of which....

I think it’s time for Bats to return, if only for a day. For all he knows, his son might die in coma soon. It would only be appropriate for Bruce to come back for Talia and the fractured Batfam who have failed time and time again. Yaana should be ready for that.

But who would play the Batman? And what consequences would his visit bring?


It was previously decided by Brainy that Yaana would play Batman if he returned. Your second question is an interesting one and it’s a question we must consider if he returns.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10706
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:32 am

I'll try to get a post up this afternoon.
Patriotic centrist American, who is vaguely right leaning. I support the Bill of Rights. I have no loyalty to any party. Expand or die. That's how humanity works. Science fiction is the best genre. The solar system is ours for the taking. I am a male. You can't spell team without "me". I support the troops.
Call me Pax. I take things literally, being a literal person.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you think we should colonize other planets.
#colonizemars
TANSTAAFL
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.
Quotes
Pro:Bill of Rights,guns,centrism,capitalism,socialism,space exploration,Christianity
Anti: Trump,Clinton,Johnson,Green,fascism,Communism,big business

User avatar
Skarten
Senator
 
Posts: 4300
Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:47 am

I'm writting , but i feel it might end up being a little bit cruel. It's not much, i'm just putting my mask on a guy's dead body then repeatedly shooting it.
Last edited by Skarten on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Skarten
Senator
 
Posts: 4300
Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:13 am

Well posted.I did what i could, sorry if it looks bad or something lol

User avatar
Skarten
Senator
 
Posts: 4300
Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:37 am

Yk, i decided i'll just make a new character. Philipp really is oofed.
Let's say he goes with plan 3

User avatar
Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11236
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:15 am

Alright time for me to see what's happened.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:41 am

I'm here! Looks like lots I need catching up on!

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:55 am

Wow! Some truly terrific posts, everyone! Amazing stuff. :clap:

Lic, I love seeing the analytical side of Tim, working out the problem like a detective, like Bats would do. I think the question of who's the better detective, him or Vic, is definitely up for debate! :) Oh, one note though, Damian's not dead, just in a coma, so I figure that Alfred's got him hooked up to an IV/monitors in the Batcave.

Skarten, don't feel like you have to get rid of Philipp and start all over with another character. I mean, if that's really want you want, go ahead. But I actually think Philipp's in a good spot. He can trick the Penguin and hopefully everyone else into believing that the Historian is dead and collect that five million. Also, with Nightwing back in Bludhaven, the curator spot at the Gotham Musuem is open. Perfect job for Philipp, don't you think? ;)

User avatar
Skarten
Senator
 
Posts: 4300
Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 am

United States of Brainy wrote:Wow! Some truly terrific posts, everyone! Amazing stuff. :clap:

Lic, I love seeing the analytical side of Tim, working out the problem like a detective, like Bats would do. I think the question of who's the better detective, him or Vic, is definitely up for debate! :) Oh, one note though, Damian's not dead, just in a coma, so I figure that Alfred's got him hooked up to an IV/monitors in the Batcave.

Skarten, don't feel like you have to get rid of Philipp and start all over with another character. I mean, if that's really want you want, go ahead. But I actually think Philipp's in a good spot. He can trick the Penguin and hopefully everyone else into believing that the Historian is dead and collect that five million. Also, with Nightwing back in Bludhaven, the curator spot at the Gotham Musuem is open. Perfect job for Philipp, don't you think? ;)

Well, i think im going with the plan. Maybe philipp can return in the future.

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 am

Oh Haedros, thanks for your patience. i don't know whether Babs is gonna meet up with Snake or if she's gonna ask Layla to go in her place. Depends on how much fun she has at Harley's. Oops, spoiler! :p

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:02 am

Skarten wrote:Well, i think im going with the plan. Maybe philipp can return in the future.


Okay, I'll miss him. Hope his leaving isn't permanent. Can't wait to see your character app and find out what new character you'll be playing next. :)

User avatar
Whalestron
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1636
Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:06 am

Y’all Cooper's gonna act like a regular dog when someone answers the door I wanna see how this goes :lol2:

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:38 am

Whalestron wrote:Y’all Cooper's gonna act like a regular dog when someone answers the door I wanna see how this goes :lol2:


Oh, this should be good... :lol2:

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:54 am

Posted for Babs!

User avatar
The Democratic Marxists
Envoy
 
Posts: 254
Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Democratic Marxists » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:57 am

Man, batgirl sounds insane...
I’m a democratic socialist. Yes, I believe in the radical idea of sharing, as do so many other people. Fight me.

Pro: Socialism, Social Democracy, Peace, Environment, Legal Marijuana, Gun Control, Economic Redistribution, Medicare for All, Living Wage, Tuition-Free College, Land Ceiling, Universal Pre-K, Palestine, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Jeremy Corbyn, Jacinda Ardern, AMLO, Labour Party, Democratic Socialists of America, Green Party

Moderate: Communism, Barack Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Feminism

Anti: Casino Capitalism, Ruthless Billionaires, Abortion, Racism, War, The Wall, Israel, ISIL, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Hillary Clinton, Theresa May, Donald Trump, Republican Party, Democratic Party

User avatar
Lic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 195
Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:58 am

Whalestron wrote:Y’all Cooper's gonna act like a regular dog when someone answers the door I wanna see how this goes :lol2:


Replying soon...
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:58 am

The Democratic Marxists wrote:Man, batgirl sounds insane...


Thanks! :D

Edit- Good thing Harley's around as an anchor of sanity! :)
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tamrida
Diplomat
 
Posts: 810
Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:00 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:I can tell. I am too. Thus, I have compiled my own OBJECTION!!! Firstly, in terms of your conclusion about the New Earth Tim Drake, I regard that as false! While you’re character is not the new earth Question, and isn’t even Mr. Szasz of new earth, as that character is existing as an entirely different specimen with traits different to our DC universes Vic Sage. Meanwhile, our Tim Drake is far more similar in terms of compiled traits to New Earth, thus I discredit your point.

Secondly, you pointed out that my observation about “new earth” and such is not valid, however, I disagree, seeing as our DC Rp seems to exist in an alternate universe to that of the comics, meaning that we aren’t exactly abiding by the new earth series canon, as there’s is no characters, organizations, and overall this universe is an entirely different specimen to that of either new earth or New 52.

Finally, you continually declare yourself the second best detective as per a combination of your own and previously existing lore, however, this is a rather subjective title seeing as due to the fact that this is a role play, where the capabilities of a character play off of the player, any character technically has no defined limit or barrier as to what they can achieve, thus your first point is invalid.

With the evidence I have compiled, the truth of the matter is apparent. The question of whom is the better detective is a foolish one, however, it does have an answer. Tim Drake, A.K.A. Robin, as per the conclusion here today, is without a doubt, the best detective.

(Be careful who you debate with Tam.8) )

In regards to your first point, you seem to be regarding Victor Szasz and Vic Sage as different people, when I have stated already that they are the same person and that Vic Sage is just a shortened name for his full name. As for your main argument of that contention, that the New Earth Question has traits that are different then our RP universe's Question, is false, as I have taken his traits from the canon New Earth comics, staying incredibly true to his character, and supplementing some extra skills and personality characteristics from his animated appearance.

Secondly, I said that your observation about "New Earth" and such is not valid is due to you saying that to contradict the canon lore of the character, because it is the New Earth Question and not the 'true' question. I disproved your point in my reasons above, and in my answering to your first point in this particular grouping of contentions I answered why my Question is the same as the canon Question, just with added supplements from his televised appearances, meaning that canonically he is the world's second best detective and, I would argue because his lore and traits remained consistent in my actions of bringing him over, by extent the second best detective in the RP's canon.

Finally, you are correct that in any RP there is no technically definitive limit for what a character can achieve, however, I would like to pull out the "word of god" argument and bring to attention that Lic, in their character application as of 12:51 AM my time, 7/11/18, for Tim Drake explicitly put under the skills "Skills: Persuasive, good at debating, is very well versed in the city’s geography." but does not have anything under there as Robin being a great detective or a skilled investigator, something that is not listed into his powers either. On the other hand, my character application, as of 12:54 AM my time, 7/11/18, for Vic Sage explicitly has under the skills "Skills:
Brilliant detective
Genius intellect
Dragon style martial arts
Hand-to-hand combat
Interrogating, intimidating, and investigating
Journalism
Indominable will
Evasive driving"
As I have underlined in my skill list, there is not one, but two points on my skill list that state that he is a brilliant detective who is skilled in investigating.

In conclusion, from all the undeniable proof that I have called upon, there can no longer be any doubt that Charles Victor Szasz (a.k.a. Vic Sage, a.k.a. the Question) is the world's second best detective after Batman in not only the canon DC lore, but also in this RP's characters based on their defined skills based on what their creators chose to put in their skill and power options, with Robin's skills not noting that he is skilled at being an investigator while the Question's skills noting that he is both a brilliant detective and a skilled investigator.
Last edited by Tamrida on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tamrida
Diplomat
 
Posts: 810
Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:02 am

To put a final end to this argument, at 1:01 PM my time, I have updated my character application to read "Skills:Brilliant detective (World's Second Best After Batman)" to officially claim the title as the Question's. :p

User avatar
Skarten
Senator
 
Posts: 4300
Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:03 am

United States of Brainy wrote:
The Democratic Marxists wrote:Man, batgirl sounds insane...


Thanks! :D

Lmao her reaction doesnt even make sense

"This guy was killed"
"Thanks"
Good job on making her look like she's having a mental breakdown

User avatar
Tamrida
Diplomat
 
Posts: 810
Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 am

United States of Brainy wrote:
The Democratic Marxists wrote:Man, batgirl sounds insane...


Thanks! :D

Edit- Good thing Harley's around as an anchor of sanity! :)

Could Harley convince you to join the League of Smiles, to help spread joy and happiness to the masses of Gotham? :)

User avatar
Tamrida
Diplomat
 
Posts: 810
Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:06 am

Lic wrote::)

EDIT: Time to showcase Tim’s investigative skills for the first time in this RP...

(I can imagine the rivalry with the Question though :P)

I think a friendly rivalry would be fun if you're up for it. :D

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Atkemri, Atrilan, Bengal and Assam, Dayganistan, G-Tech Corporation, Gaisia, Goustavia, Granluras, Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States, Krugmar, Revlona, Sanabel, Saxony-Brandenburg, Spindle, Tanwirid, The Imperial Warglorian Empire, Wawz

Advertisement

Remove ads