NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:15 pm

The Democratic Marxists wrote:I got a bit bored of Atom, I think I can do more with Carrie. That’s all the Robins!

EDIT: I’m wrong, Helena Wayne was also Robin, but Tam might use her as Huntress...
Hero APP:
Name/Alias: Carrie Kelley/Robin
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Appearance:

Personality: Responsible, Moralistic, Hard-Working, Focused
Faction: I’m assuming she’ll join the Disciples
Race: Human
Backstory:
The youngest in a poor family of six, Carrie Kelley had a rough childhood. Rarely having anything to eat for dinner, Carrie often found herself stealing mint boxes from the local grocery store to keep her stomach filled with something. However, being a moralist and devout orthodox Jew, Carrie soon swore off this practice, instead purchasing cheap bottles of glue from peddlers on the street. She sniffed this glue to temporarily appease her hunger. Her father soon died from tuberculosis; he didn’t have enough money to afford the treatment that would have saved his life. At age 12, Carrie witnessed a transformation of her two oldest brothers. With the despair of living in a life of extreme poverty, her brothers’ mental health gradually declined, and they thus committed themselves to a life of crime with the local neighborhood gangs of the East End. Carrie often found the guns and drugs in their room, but she was threatened by them to not tell anybody. Unbeknownst to her mother, Carrie’s brothers started committing horrific acts of violence in the name of the infamous gang leader and antihero, The Red Hood. Her brothers’ descent into crime made Carrie wish and pray all the more that some savior would come in and cleanse her neighborhood.

One day, when 13 year old Carrie was walking back home from her public zone school, she and her friend were inappropriately assaulted by thugs from a local gang. Despite the two girls’ yells for help, corrupt cops in the area turned a blind eye. But Batman and the antihero Catwoman came to the rescue. Since then, Carrie realized that it was the moral responsibility of good individuals of Gotham to clean up their city on their own, by doing public service or even becoming vigilantes. Carrie idolized Batman and Catwoman, although she became disillusioned with Catwoman when learning that the antihero was also a catburglar.

It was Carrie’s daydream to one day storm into the Batcave and demand that Batman make her his Robin. But without the proper physique, Carrie couldn’t become a vigilante. Carrie started skipping school and saving money by doing odd jobs so that she could use the local gym. Gradually, Carrie built up her body’s strength, agility, and mental longevity to become a masked hero. Being a good seamstress, 15 year old Carrie made herself a Robin suit and went out on the dangerous streets of East End to take out criminals herself. She uses crude homemade weapons like slingshots and baseball bats, as well as stolen metal poles. She prays to G-d that she can someday join the great Disciples of Batman one day and become the hero she was always meant to be.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
- She’s very agile and quick
- She’s stronger than average
- She uses a baseball bat (credit to Harley Quinn for inspiration)
- Often employs the use of a slingshot
- She’s saving up to buy a gun illegally
Weaknesses: She’s very young, so older and stronger people can take advantage of her.
RP Examples: See app for Atom
Extra Information She identifies as a lesbian.
Day Job: Many; she works as a babysitter, newsie, illegally works as an underpaid janitor, and sometimes attends school.
Living Place: The East End
Voice Actor: Malina Weissman
Likes/Dislikes: Likes listening to Hip Hop
Theme Song: Don’t Stop Believin’
Did you read the rules? Yes


APPROVED!!! I LOVE THE BACKSTORY YOU CREATED FOR HER! :D So, she's saving up to buy a gun illegally, huh? I think Tim just found the perfect Hanukkah gift for her! :lol:

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Nah. Something in this dog’s voice didn’t sound right. Tim was known as the greatest detective in Gotham after Batman. This dog wasn’t being sincere.


:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, I hate it when dogs fucking lie to you. :rofl:

And is Steph like 8 years old or something? Timmy? Really? :lol:

User avatar
Yaana Noore
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1126
Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Yaana Noore » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:17 pm

Updated roster is up, stare in awe at our impressive collection of characters.

Is Babs just... being nice to Harley? Aww. Those cheeseburgers look sickening.

Tamrida wrote:Hey, Yaana, I was wondering if you would be interested in having control freak and the Question meet up at the botanical gardens, with him seeing her outside and believing that she was the one who did the break in? The misunderstanding would get resolved of course.

Yeah we can do that.

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:37 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:Updated roster is up, stare in awe at our impressive collection of characters.

Is Babs just... being nice to Harley? Aww. Those cheeseburgers look sickening.



Thanks, Yaana! :)

Those cheeseburgers look sickening...but they taste sooooo good! And Babs is having a breakdown. She sorta knows that something bad has happened to Damian and she can't handle it. She's divorcing herself from reality and clinging to Harley like a life preserver, the only thing keeping her from drowning.

User avatar
Yaana Noore
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1126
Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Yaana Noore » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:52 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Yaana Noore wrote:Updated roster is up, stare in awe at our impressive collection of characters.

Is Babs just... being nice to Harley? Aww. Those cheeseburgers look sickening.



Thanks, Yaana! :)

Those cheeseburgers look sickening...but they taste sooooo good! And Babs is having a breakdown. She sorta knows that something bad has happened to Damian and she can't handle it. She's divorcing herself from reality and clinging to Harley like a life preserver, the only thing keeping her from drowning.

Sounds awfully melodramatic. You know the best solution? To wear makeup like a clown and commit crime as a distraction from your personal demons. :p

User avatar
The Democratic Marxists
Envoy
 
Posts: 254
Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Democratic Marxists » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Posted the first post for Carrie! Trying to make her more gritty than her comic counterpart.
Last edited by The Democratic Marxists on Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’m a democratic socialist. Yes, I believe in the radical idea of sharing, as do so many other people. Fight me.

Pro: Socialism, Social Democracy, Peace, Environment, Legal Marijuana, Gun Control, Economic Redistribution, Medicare for All, Living Wage, Tuition-Free College, Land Ceiling, Universal Pre-K, Palestine, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Jeremy Corbyn, Jacinda Ardern, AMLO, Labour Party, Democratic Socialists of America, Green Party

Moderate: Communism, Barack Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Feminism

Anti: Casino Capitalism, Ruthless Billionaires, Abortion, Racism, War, The Wall, Israel, ISIL, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Hillary Clinton, Theresa May, Donald Trump, Republican Party, Democratic Party

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:39 pm

The Democratic Marxists wrote:Posted the first post for Carrie! Trying to make her more gritty than her comic counterpart.


Seems more like a busybody to me. Maybe she ought to get a job. :p

Wow, awesome post, I love it! :) So, she's an unauthorized Robin. Tim might have something to say about that. ;)

User avatar
Whalestron
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1636
Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Whalestron » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:53 pm

I think it would be funny if Tim just threw the alcohol at Cooper and distracted him long enough to just take him down lol, all this wind up just for him to fail to some kid in spandex.

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:58 pm

Whalestron wrote:I think it would be funny if Tim just threw the alcohol at Cooper and distracted him long enough to just take him down lol, all this wind up just for him to fail to some kid in spandex.


Hahaha, that Cooper is a rat bastard! :lol:

User avatar
Lic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 195
Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:05 pm

Whalestron wrote:I think it would be funny if Tim just threw the alcohol at Cooper and distracted him long enough to just take him down lol, all this wind up just for him to fail to some kid in spandex.


I would totally do that, Tim’s had a long night and frankly he would do anything right now to just go home.
Last edited by Lic on Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

User avatar
Lic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 195
Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:07 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
The Democratic Marxists wrote:Posted the first post for Carrie! Trying to make her more gritty than her comic counterpart.


Seems more like a busybody to me. Maybe she ought to get a job. :p

Wow, awesome post, I love it! :) So, she's an unauthorized Robin. Tim might have something to say about that. ;)


Yeah, he sure does. Would be cool if he caught her while she’s brutally interrogating some cops at GCPD.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

User avatar
Tamrida
Diplomat
 
Posts: 810
Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Tim was known as the greatest detective in Gotham after Batman.

Think again, now that the Question is I'm town (the second best directive in the world) you are back to being number two in Gotham.
Yaana Noore wrote:Yeah we can do that.

Cool, I will set that up.
Yaana Noore wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Thanks, Yaana! :)

Those cheeseburgers look sickening...but they taste sooooo good! And Babs is having a breakdown. She sorta knows that something bad has happened to Damian and she can't handle it. She's divorcing herself from reality and clinging to Harley like a life preserver, the only thing keeping her from drowning.

Sounds awfully melodramatic. You know the best solution? To wear makeup like a clown and commit crime as a distraction from your personal demons. :p

Might I suggest a meeting with Gotham best psychiatrist?

User avatar
Lic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 195
Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Tamrida wrote:
Tim was known as the greatest detective in Gotham after Batman.

Think again, now that the Question is I'm town (the second best directive in the world) you are back to being number two in Gotham.


You think again.

I’m number one.
Last edited by Lic on Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

User avatar
Whalestron
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1636
Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Whalestron » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Oh no Tim!

I feel bad but then I pretend I’m Cooper and laugh instead.

User avatar
Tamrida
Diplomat
 
Posts: 810
Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Lic wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Think again, now that the Question is I'm town (the second best directive in the world) you are back to being number two in Gotham.


You think again.

Yeah, from some comic book website, mine is canon FACT!
See The Powers Tab

User avatar
Lic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 195
Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:51 pm

Tamrida wrote:

Yeah, from some comic book website, mine is canon FACT!
See The Powers Tab


Ok, I searched on your “canon fact” sight, and Tim’s considered to be a potentially BETTER investigator than Batman.

You read the “Powers” Tab.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

User avatar
Haedros 92712
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1067
Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:56 pm

Tamrida wrote:

Yeah, from some comic book website, mine is canon FACT!
See The Powers Tab

Ooh, Tam. You might be screwed with this point. The Question in well... question, here, is not your question. It’s the new earth Question, Charles Szazs. Therefore it’s an entirely different character this cannot be used as evidence in this debate.
IVE GOT TOOOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!

Seriously I have way too much time to spend on RPs. It’s actually kinda sad.


Also I’m obsessed with JoJos Bizarre Adventure (if you didn’t notice.)

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Tamrida wrote:Might I suggest a meeting with Gotham best psychiatrist?


Harley? Thanks but I think Babs has a session with Dr. Quinzel already covered. :p

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Yeah, from some comic book website, mine is canon FACT!
See The Powers Tab

Ooh, Tam. You might be screwed with this point. The Question in well... question, here, is not your question. It’s the new earth Question, Charles Szazs. Therefore it’s an entirely different character this cannot be used as evidence in this debate.


BUSTED! :lol:

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:04 pm

Hahahaha, everytime Tim goes on a 'rescue' he ends up leaving a huge pile of corpses. I don't think he quite gets this whole rescuing people business. :lol:

User avatar
Tamrida
Diplomat
 
Posts: 810
Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Yeah, from some comic book website, mine is canon FACT!
See The Powers Tab

Ooh, Tam. You might be screwed with this point. The Question in well... question, here, is not your question. It’s the new earth Question, Charles Szazs. Therefore it’s an entirely different character this cannot be used as evidence in this debate.

My Question is my own unique blend of the New Earth Question and the Cartoon Question, and, as per my own lore of the character based on the already existing canon, the Question is the second best detective.

Secondly, the point of it being a part of my characters lore is not necessary to point out as "New Earth" is THE mainstream reality of the entire DC multiverse up until the New 52, even then, the character and traits for the Question barely changed between continuities, as he was killed by lung cancer after serving as Gothams protector.

Furthermore, the source I provided covers all forms of the character, from his creation to death, through all continuities of the DC Canon and only list him as being from New Earth as that was the continuity in which he was created.

To add to my last point, the site lists a vast majority of the characters as "(New Earth)" including the Tim Drake in question.

In conclusion, in light of the evidence that I have provided, regarding the validity of my primary evidence source, I believe that without a doubt that the true, canon answer, to the question of "Who is the better ditective?" is no doubt Vic Sage, full name Charles Victor Szasz.

(I am in debate club 8))

User avatar
Haedros 92712
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1067
Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Tamrida wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:Ooh, Tam. You might be screwed with this point. The Question in well... question, here, is not your question. It’s the new earth Question, Charles Szazs. Therefore it’s an entirely different character this cannot be used as evidence in this debate.

My Question is my own unique blend of the New Earth Question and the Cartoon Question, and, as per my own lore of the character based on the already existing canon, the Question is the second best detective.

Secondly, the point of it being a part of my characters lore is not necessary to point out as "New Earth" is THE mainstream reality of the entire DC multiverse up until the New 52, even then, the character and traits for the Question barely changed between continuities, as he was killed by lung cancer after serving as Gothams protector.

Furthermore, the source I provided covers all forms of the character, from his creation to death, through all continuities of the DC Canon and only list him as being from New Earth as that was the continuity in which he was created.

To add to my last point, the site lists a vast majority of the characters as "(New Earth)" including the Tim Drake in question.

In conclusion, in light of the evidence that I have provided, regarding the validity of my primary evidence source, I believe that without a doubt that the true, canon answer, to the question of "Who is the better ditective?" is no doubt Vic Sage, full name Charles Victor Szasz.

(I am in debate club 8))

I can tell. I am too. Thus, I have compiled my own OBJECTION!!! Firstly, in terms of your conclusion about the New Earth Tim Drake, I regard that as false! While you’re character is not the new earth Question, and isn’t even Mr. Szasz of new earth, as that character is existing as an entirely different specimen with traits different to our DC universes Vic Sage. Meanwhile, our Tim Drake is far more similar in terms of compiled traits to New Earth, thus I discredit your point.

Secondly, you pointed out that my observation about “new earth” and such is not valid, however, I disagree, seeing as our DC Rp seems to exist in an alternate universe to that of the comics, meaning that we aren’t exactly abiding by the new earth series canon, as there’s is no characters, organizations, and overall this universe is an entirely different specimen to that of either new earth or New 52.

Finally, you continually declare yourself the second best detective as per a combination of your own and previously existing lore, however, this is a rather subjective title seeing as due to the fact that this is a role play, where the capabilities of a character play off of the player, any character technically has no defined limit or barrier as to what they can achieve, thus your first point is invalid.

With the evidence I have compiled, the truth of the matter is apparent. The question of whom is the better detective is a foolish one, however, it does have an answer. Tim Drake, A.K.A. Robin, as per the conclusion here today, is without a doubt, the best detective.

(Be careful who you debate with Tam.8) )
IVE GOT TOOOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!

Seriously I have way too much time to spend on RPs. It’s actually kinda sad.


Also I’m obsessed with JoJos Bizarre Adventure (if you didn’t notice.)

User avatar
Lic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 195
Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:49 pm

With the evidence I have compiled, the truth of the matter is apparent. The question of whom is the better detective is a foolish one, however, it does have an answer. Tim Drake, A.K.A. Robin, as per the conclusion here today, is without a doubt, the best detective.

:)

EDIT: Time to showcase Tim’s investigative skills for the first time in this RP...

(I can imagine the rivalry with the Question though :P)
Last edited by Lic on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

User avatar
Lic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 195
Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:04 pm

Julutth, it’s ok that you used Alfred in your post, just ask me before making major decisions with him like calling Bruce. Although I don’t object to that.

Speaking of which....

I think it’s time for Bats to return, if only for a day. For all he knows, his son might die in coma soon. It would only be appropriate for Bruce to come back for Talia and the fractured Batfam who have failed time and time again. Yaana should be ready for that.
Last edited by Lic on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

User avatar
Lic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 195
Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 pm

@Vevengess Ary - Do you know The Broker? He’s this rich guy in DC who sells properties to supervillains for a lot of cash. If I managed to track this guy using my super deducing/hacking skills, would it be ok if I found the hideout of one of Hush’s drug smuggling gangs and having a confrontation there somewhere down the line? Of course, I don’t know Hush’s ingenious “master plan,” Damian’s goal is to just find Hush and take him down. What do you think?
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Absolon-7, American Pere Housh, Chewion, Estacia, Far Vamsant, Google [Bot], Herador, Imperial Esplanade, Olthenia, Pilipinas and Malaya, Sterianiha, Transoxthraxia

Advertisement

Remove ads