NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Tamrida, just so you know, the whole dinosaur thing is a top secret experiment that hasn't been revealed to the public.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Skarten wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:

And nice post, Skert, just try not to play another person's character. So just say that Historian fired the flintlock and let me worry about Batgirl's actions. ;)

Okay, But..

[Cue Ace Attorney theme]

Previously, when you arrived at the museum, you RPed that the Historian ran away, essentially controlling my character, and, even further, taking an option! Because while covering herself to not be shot at is by far what woud most likely happen, Running away was an option!

This shows that you are thus contradicting yourself!

Okay, busted, you got me there! :lol: Okay, we're both guilty as charged. Let's resolve, both of us, to try and not do stuff like that again in the future. :)
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:46 pm

Auphelia wrote:Tamrida, just so you know, the whole dinosaur thing is a top secret experiment that hasn't been revealed to the public.

I thought you were joking about that actually happening.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:47 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Great post, Tam! Wow, Meredith is actually a pretty darn good shrink, who knew! :lol:

He's the real deal. ;)

Also, if you liked that you will certanly love my first ever post for the Question.

I am really proud of my "conspiracy" theories:
"Gotham's docks have been destroyed, was this a pipe accident or a cover-up to an illegal arms deal? A break in at the Gotham Museum by crooks wearing Ottoman garb, could this be an eccentric criminal gang or are the Turks trying to become relevant again? Finally, rich theater singers trying to resurrect extinct animals to take over the city with, new Jurassic Park reboot or chilling reality?'

Auphelia wrote:Tamrida, just so you know, the whole dinosaur thing is a top secret experiment that hasn't been revealed to the public.

I know. The point of the Question is that he is a super smart, unbreakable, "worlds best detective after Batman" character, who is also a nutty conspiracy theorist who thinks that boy bands are responsible for global warming (can't even make this up if I tried). I decided that for some OOC humor that he would make conspiracy theories about stuff that we know is what happened/is happening, but that in-universe would sound like over the top crazy talk.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:49 pm

Skarten wrote:uh, Cool post but I only fired one flintlock

Philipp then began to slowly reach for his coat, where, amongst other items, were two ottoman flintlock pistols, loaded and ready to fire, and a blackpowder grenade.
He then quickly pulled it, pressing the trigger and firing at the vigilante he had been adressing, causing her to cover herself with her cape.

Okay, you weren't clear. I'll edit my post, easy enough, no problem. :p

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Tamrida wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Great post, Tam! Wow, Meredith is actually a pretty darn good shrink, who knew! :lol:

He's the real deal. ;)

Also, if you liked that you will certanly love my first ever post for the Question.

I am really proud of my "conspiracy" theories:
"Gotham's docks have been destroyed, was this a pipe accident or a cover-up to an illegal arms deal? A break in at the Gotham Museum by crooks wearing Ottoman garb, could this be an eccentric criminal gang or are the Turks trying to become relevant again? Finally, rich theater singers trying to resurrect extinct animals to take over the city with, new Jurassic Park reboot or chilling reality?'

I know. The point of the Question is that he is a super smart, unbreakable, "worlds best detective after Batman" character, who is also a nutty conspiracy theorist who thinks that boy bands are responsible for global warming (can't even make this up if I tried). I decided that for some OOC humor that he would make conspiracy theories about stuff that we know is what happened/is happening, but that in-universe would sound like over the top crazy talk.

I think you'll find there is one lady who will be a big fan of his work.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Tam...your post, I LOVE IT!!! Vic and his conspiracy theories! :lol:

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:54 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:I think you'll find there is one lady who will be a big fan of his work.

:rofl: ;) :rofl:

United States of Brainy wrote:Tam...your post, I LOVE IT!!! Vic and his conspiracy theories! :lol:

"Tonight's top story: The Untied States of Brainy, actual person or android built by Dr. Pepper to subliminally influence us to buy their sugary beverages?"

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:56 pm

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!! YAANA!!! WHAT IF HARLEY CALLED INTO HIS RADIO SHOW?! :rofl: YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:57 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!! YAANA!!! WHAT IF HARLEY CALLED INTO HIS RADIO SHOW?! :rofl: YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

Ooh, good idea. I need some sort of joke to make though, or something fourth-wall breaking or a weird reference. Hmm...

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:58 pm

Tamrida wrote:
Yaana Noore wrote:I think you'll find there is one lady who will be a big fan of his work.

:rofl: ;) :rofl:

United States of Brainy wrote:Tam...your post, I LOVE IT!!! Vic and his conspiracy theories! :lol:

"Tonight's top story: The Untied States of Brainy, actual person or android built by Dr. Pepper to subliminally influence us to buy their sugary beverages?"

Hey! I don't have to say anything, this article speaks for itself-

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/03/24/ac-tuchman-dr-pepper.cnn

When I'm 110 and you're all worm food, let's see who's laughing then! :p

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:00 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!! YAANA!!! WHAT IF HARLEY CALLED INTO HIS RADIO SHOW?! :rofl: YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

Ooh, good idea. I need some sort of joke to make though, or something fourth-wall breaking or a weird reference. Hmm...

I would love it to happen! :rofl:

*Regarding Brainy* "You see how she dodged the question folks, only someone, or someTHING, that has something to hide would doge a question like that. Are we getting closer to the REAL truth?"
Last edited by Tamrida on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:

Or just commenting on one of his crazy conspiracy theories or sharing one of her own.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:02 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Hey! I don't have to say anything, this article speaks for itself-

Literally never tried Dr Pepper in my life.

Hey, I just realised we have a Discord? Do people use that?

United States of Brainy wrote:Or just commenting on one of his crazy conspiracy theories or sharing one of her own.

That's what I mean. Her own conspiracy theory should be something of that calibre, like something really weird but true.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:04 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:Ooh, good idea. I need some sort of joke to make though, or something fourth-wall breaking or a weird reference. Hmm...

Or just commenting on one of his crazy conspiracy theories or sharing one of her own.

Is my show going to be where characters get their fourth-wall breaks in? That would be awesome!

Yaana Noore wrote:Hey, I just realised we have a Discord? Do people use that?

Personally, I don't. (Don't even have a Discord account) But I do like the really active OOC chat here instead of switching over to Discord.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:04 pm

So, uh, do i post the fight thing now?

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:04 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Hey! I don't have to say anything, this article speaks for itself-

"Apparently my body needs sugar" is my new excuse for everything!

Though I feel a bit too similar to that woman.

*drinks a Coca-Cola instead*
Last edited by Auphelia on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:05 pm

Tamrida wrote:
*Regarding Brainy* "You see how she dodged the question folks, only someone, or someTHING, that has something to hide would doge a question like that. Are we getting closer to the REAL truth?"

Reminds me of an episode of Mysticons recently where there was this pink blob desperately trying to get herself a man, maybe that's me! :shock:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Skarten wrote:So, uh, do i post the fight thing now?

Why don't you wait and give Mank and Whales a chance to reply. ;)

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Tamrida wrote:

Is my show going to be where characters get their fourth-wall breaks in? That would be awesome!

Yaana Noore wrote:Hey, I just realised we have a Discord? Do people use that?

Personally, I don't. (Don't even have a Discord account) But I do like the really active OOC chat here instead of switching over to Discord.

In her (personally meh) solo series Harley has a habit of doing the fourth-wall breaks anyway, and I've toyed with the idea of and danced around doing it here.

Generally not a fan of it as it's better to use a chatty OOC which helps make the RP look active and encourages posters and new people to join, but was curious whether or not things go on there.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:07 pm

Tamrida wrote:

Reminds me of an episode of Mysticons recently where there was this pink blob desperately trying to get herself a man, maybe that's me! :shock:

Hey, I am always going to be available. ;) :p

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Tamrida wrote:

Hey, I am always going to be available. ;) :p

Question x Batgirl on the horizon? :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Auphelia wrote:

"Apparently my body needs sugar" is my new excuse for everything!

Though I feel a bit too similar to that woman.

*drinks a Coca-Cola instead*

A COKE?!!! And Yaana not drinking a Dr. Pepper ever?!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!!! :lol:

And YES, Tam!!! Totally agree with you on both counts, 4th wall and OOC! NOW...here's someone that I bet drinks Dr. Pepper! :lol:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Hey, I am always going to be available. ;) :p

Question x Batgirl on the horizon? :p

Hey, if the Question likes Dr. P, that's already a huge plus in my book! :D

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:In her (personally meh) solo series Harley has a habit of doing the fourth-wall breaks anyway, and I've toyed with the idea of and danced around doing it here.

Generally not a fan of it as it's better to use a chatty OOC which helps make the RP look active and encourages posters and new people to join, but was curious whether or not things go on there.

My thoughts exactly on Discord, and hey now you have your excuse to break the 4th wall. :p
Yaana Noore wrote:Question x Batgirl on the horizon?

Hey, if the Question likes Dr. P, that's already a huge plus in my book! :D

What if I say he did. :lol2:

I sense a Huntress vs Batgirl rivalry coming up. ;)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse