NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:57 pm

The Mank wrote:
Ok sorry I’m here, I’ll post.

Hey, Mank! No prob, take your time! :)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:00 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Tamrida wrote:So, Brainy, I have an important question, specifically the Question. (Ha-ha-ha)

Would the Question be allowed as a character?

Also, Yaana, in case you didn't see it, my post regarding the base is up.

Wise guy, huh? Maybe you should be auditioning for the Comedian instead of the Question. :p

And, of course, the Question would be allowed! :) Either Vic Sage or Renee Montoya. Why wouldn't he/she be allowed? Because Vic is dead?

I asked because you didn't want Green Arrow to be too close to Batman, and in my opinion the Question is pretty similar to Batman as is.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:02 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:
Brainy's already made the ruling obviously but I don't see why the Question couldn't be in it, and the same for the Green Arrow who was mentioned a bit earlier.

Thanks so much, Yaana! :hug: Your gift card is in the mail! ;)

Hopefully it's of a bit higher value this time!

Okay, it's official! Question and Green Arrow are officially allowed as characters! :)

And it's a like a $1,000,000,000 gift card made of solid platinum inland with unicorn sprinkles! :)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Tamrida wrote:I asked because you didn't want Green Arrow to be too close to Batman, and in my opinion the Question is pretty similar to Batman as is.

Close to Bats in that both Bats and GA are alpha heroes, the top dogs in their respective heaps. I just didn't want GA overshadowing everyone but I don't think that's gonna be an issue. :)

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Tamrida wrote:
Wise guy, huh? Maybe you should be auditioning for the Comedian instead of the Question. :p

And, of course, the Question would be allowed! :) Either Vic Sage or Renee Montoya. Why wouldn't he/she be allowed? Because Vic is dead?

I asked because you didn't want Green Arrow to be too close to Batman, and in my opinion the Question is pretty similar to Batman as is.

Should just allow Batman...

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:06 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:Should just allow Batman...

I will think that over. Are you applying for the job? :p

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:Should just allow Batman...

All you have to do is say "I'm Batman" in a gruff voice and the fight is already over.

Robbers stealing from a museum? I'm Batman.

Catwoman stealing priceless jewels? I'm Batman.

Poison Ivy trying to take back Gotham from the plague of humanity? I'm Batman.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Hey Skarten! :) If you're still around, I need to know what your henchmen look like! I know you said they're dressed as Ottomans but we talking this-

Or this-

For that matter, what is Historian dressed as?

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:16 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:I will think that over. Are you applying for the job? :p

If you open it up I would, but I expect it won't just be me who wants him though.

Assuming he does get introduced, whoever it is, I think it would need to be at the right time. It needs more set up before he can come in, when the heroes are in their hour of need. The bad guys are executing their evil plans, and the Bat-family is in crisis. He can come in and bring the family back together, and inspire them to save the day. That sorta thing. I feel like with the tension between Dick/Barbara and Tim's difficulties to deal with that, there is a bit of a Batman-shaped hole there for them, probably them thinking that Bruce would know what to do if he were there. He never got a proper exit, just shooting off because duty with the JL called. If he comes back, he can help them get over their issues and realise they didn't need him that much after all - that they're stronger than him when they work together or something sappy along those lines. :p Something that can put him in an important role supporting everyone else for the most part rather than hogging the limelight.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:19 pm

Auphelia wrote:

All you have to do is say "I'm Batman" in a gruff voice and the fight is already over.

Would Charley be able to respond to that ad then?

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:20 pm

Auphelia wrote:

Imagine all the hours Bruce spent in the mirror practicing just so he could get it right! :lol:

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:21 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Hey Skarten! :) If you're still around, I need to know what your henchmen look like! I know you said they're dressed as Ottomans but we talking this-

Or this-

I'd say more like the first picture.
For the historian, i don't know,this?

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Skarten wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Hey Skarten! :) If you're still around, I need to know what your henchmen look like! I know you said they're dressed as Ottomans but we talking this-

Or this-

I'd say more like the first picture.

What about this handsome fellow?

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:I will think that over. Are you applying for the job? :p

If you open it up I would, but I expect it won't just be me who wants him though.

Assuming he does get introduced, whoever it is, I think it would need to be at the right time. It needs more set up before he can come in, when the heroes are in their hour of need. The bad guys are executing their evil plans, and the Bat-family is in crisis. He can come in and bring the family back together, and inspire them to save the day. That sorta thing. I feel like with the tension between Dick/Barbara and Tim's difficulties to deal with that, there is a bit of a Batman-shaped hole there for them, probably them thinking that Bruce would know what to do if he were there. He never got a proper exit, just shooting off because duty with the JL called. If he comes back, he can help them get over their issues and realise they didn't need him that much after all - that they're stronger than him when they work together or something sappy along those lines. :p Something that can put him in an important role supporting everyone else for the most part rather than hogging the limelight.

Oh, I wouldn't be opening it up to everyone, Batman is too important a character for that. I'm handpicking the person that plays Bats. And after seeing how you play Harl, if you want him, consider him yours. ;) And I agree with everything you said, we need to save him for just the right moment, like Cap's entrance in Infinity War. Man, I should have sent you a TG so we could keep it a secret and make it a big surprise! Oh well... :lol:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Tamrida wrote:What about this handsome fellow?

You know, that sorta looks like Dr. Meredith! :shock:
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Tamrida wrote:
Skarten wrote:I'd say more like the first picture.

What about this handsome fellow?

We are not worthy of using the glorious sultan giant onion hat
Last edited by Skarten on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:If you open it up I would, but I expect it won't just be me who wants him though.

Oh, I wouldn't be opening it up to everyone, Batman is too important a character for that. I'm handpicking the person that plays Bats. And after seeing how you play Harl, if you want him, consider him yours. ;) And I agree with everything you said, we need to save him for just the right moment, like Cap's entrance in Infinity War. Man, I should have sent you a TG so we could keep it a secret and make it a big surprise! Oh well... :lol:

Shh, we never talked about it.

The Mank
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mank » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Ok posted. And Yanna playing Bats has me feeling really excited.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Jesus Mank, you're too violent.
You gotta knock them out, not stab them in the throat.

The Mank
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mank » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:33 pm

Skarten wrote:Jesus Mank, you're too violent.

Will fix it...

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:34 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:If you open it up I would, but I expect it won't just be me who wants him though.

What about me? I would be perfect for Batman

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:35 pm

The Mank wrote:
Skarten wrote:Jesus Mank, you're too violent.

Will fix it...

You don't need to be like too light, but don't go full bloodbath either.
For example, instead of launching a knife at someone's head, launch it at their chest or arm.
Only kill if ye need to, but thanks for editing.
Last edited by Skarten on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:36 pm

The Mank wrote:Ok posted. And Yanna playing Bats has me feeling really excited.

Also, do you want Damian to fight The Historian?
Katana vs the Sword of Osman, that'd be cool.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:39 pm

The Mank wrote:Ok posted. And Yanna playing Bats has me feeling really excited.

Shameless plug but I've actually done it before here in a RP that had a few other people from this thread in (Sterk was Moon Knight, PF was OP, and Bycrest was the Riddler again) - assuming anyone actually cares that much about it and wants to see if I have the acting chops to pull off the Batman. :p

The Tricolour
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tricolour » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:42 pm

Whoever does play Batman, I think it's way too early to bring him back now.

1. Batman won't come back just to bust some third-rate villains who are trying to rob a bank, a museum, ect. If an alien in Gotham starts eating people, that might be a different story, but that hasn't happened yet, and it might not ever.
2. If Batman comes back, the Joker will probably come back. Batman probably knows this. And there would have to be a handpicked Joker player, too.
3. The whole point of the RP is to get rid of Batman. It wouldn't make sense for him to come back once a week or so, even if the Bat-Family quickly falls apart due to infighting (which might happen).

It also might be interesting to have the Bat-Family shatter for good, or least for a long time. That way, the GCPD would have to rely on newer heroes, while the former members of the Bat-Family would have to reckon with the fact that they've "failed" Batman.

Just my opinion, though.
Join Alternis Mundi!

UKCS wrote:Appears right-wing (FKBS) and it also seems French.
NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse