NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:23 pm

Tamrida wrote:
I am confused, and I guess an exploration won't be coming.

Well...in some circles, mind control is seen as sort of a fetish. ;)

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:24 pm

Tamrida wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:
Sorry, I was just being a little mischief-maker there. Ignore me. :p

I don't get it either.

Did you know that before I just posted there had only been 2 posts in the past 24 hours? That must be like, our quietest day ever.

Yaana Noore wrote:I like the idea, I'll add it in.
She's scared of birds because I thought it would be an interesting thing to do, everybody seems to have something up with their psyche in Gotham. Also it's a reference to the basilisk. You can't look into the basilisk's eyes because it will kill you, but it can be killed hearing the crow of a rooster. With her you can't look into her eyes as she'll hypnotise you, and if she hears a bird, it'll freak her out.

Oooohhh...Yanna impressing us with those fancy mythological references. :lol:

And yeah, I'm trying to see it from the other side, to give players affected by her a fighting chance, that's all. And maybe, when they come out from under her control, they're like a drooling vegetable or really tired for awhile just because of the ordeal, just to keep everything balanced and fair for both sides.

You'd think it was common knowledge, considering it was even in Harry Potter. :p

Yeah, I like that too. I think she's balanced now. Hopefully she gets to ensnare some people...

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:31 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:
Did you know that before I just posted there had only been 2 posts in the past 24 hours? That must be like, our quietest day ever.

*looks into getting Muzak to play elevator music during the quiet times*

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:32 pm

Tamrida wrote:

Oh...um...err... :shock: :? :shock:

Okay then, hmm. That is some interesting information...not something that I would do though. *Makes uncomfortable/wierded out noises in the corner*

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:33 pm

Tamrida wrote:

Oh...um...err... :shock: :? :shock:

Okay then, hmm. That is some interesting information...not something that I would do though. *Makes uncomfortable/wierded out noises in the corner*

:meh: :unsure: :lol:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:34 pm

be back in a little bit!

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:49 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:be back in a little bit!

Ok, I added the thing you suggested in so when you're back could you look at my app again please?

Tamrida wrote:Oh...um...err... :shock: :? :shock:

I-Is my char fetish fuel for you two now?

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Well, my response post is up, looks like we will be wrapping this up soon. :)

Yaana Noore wrote:

I-Is my char fetish fuel for you two now?

Also...what? What does this mean?
Last edited by Tamrida on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Also, I made a small yet important edit incase you didn't see it.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:07 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:Here's draft #1 of my second character, calling it WIP as I want to see what people think. Also not sure whether or not she is overpowered.

APP
Name/Alias: Charlotte 'Charley' Fouquet/Control Freak
Appearance: When out doing supering she wears something like this plus a black wig, it's a very effective disguise. Yes, I know it's Enchantress but I like it. She can't do magic though obviously.
Personality: Likes to be adored and getting her own way. You could call her a control freak. Has a bit of an ego. She has a softer side towards those she looks after, whether they be animals or people she is in control of and can be quite caring. Charlotte likes to think she is a nice person even if she can be a bit greedy and power-hungry, things would be better if people did what she told them to all the time. She's still a teenager and can be a bit naive about how things work, finding her random bursts of crime-fighting and crime-doing to be a bit of fun and not something that will have many consequences for her (particularly due to her powers). She grew up seeing heroes like Batman on the news so is a bit of a fangirl and has a romanticised view of how supering works.
Faction: None yet.
Race: Human.
Backstory: Charlotte Fouquet was born in Charleston, South Carolina, and is descended from French Huguenots. Unlike most supers she doesn't have the most tragic of backstories. Her life was fairly comfortable: she had loving parents, lots of friends at school, went to Church. She became accustomed to being the centre of attention and getting lots of attention, finding it annoying when the focus was not on her. She liked to consider herself the 'mother' of her friend group, looking after them and helping them out. Some may have called it patronising/condescending, with Charlotte being the little miss perfect who thought she knew what was best for everybody. She didn't care though, because she did!

Comfy life turned into comfy university life as she was accepted to Gotham University to study political science. Life was fun, and she became pretty popular. But, being a student, money problems always lingered. Short on cash, she and and a friend signed up for a series of experiments at Wayne Enterprises in the hopes of getting some money. The two were eventually selected for one by the Wayne Research Institute - an experiment on planting false memories into a subject's brain.

Unfortunately, of course, something went wrong once the electrodes were all hooked up to her head. For some reason, the power supply suddenly spiked and exploded, destroying the lab and sending her into a coma. More fortunately, nobody was killed and Charley was awake by the end of the week and allowed to go back home with a nice big cheque and her medical expenses covered. It was only after this that she noticed things started to get... weird. Her eyesight got better, and she no longer needed to wear her contacts. Her green eyes turned blue, strikingly so, and she found that if she reeeeaaaaallly focused, she could sort of move them. When showing her friend this, it had a very strange effect on them, making her go glassy-eyed, slack-jawed, and very receptive to commands. It was like she was in a trance!

Living in Gotham City, it didn't take Charlotte long to put two and two together and realise that she now had freaking superpowers. She got to work thinking on a name and gimmick, and hypnotising her friend who did textiles into making a costume for her. She soon settled on an alias that matched her initials and got to work. She's done some small jobs at street-level stopping petty criminals of late as her 'in' into becoming a superhero, but that's about it, she is pretty new on the scene. She might also have used her powers to extract the odd bit of money/thing she wanted here and there. It's a mix of good and bad, and she's open to going either way. It's all just fun to her.
Powers/Weapons/Tech: Charlotte has the ability to control the minds of others through something she calls a 'mental link'. When mentally link she and her victim are able to telepathically communicate and she is able to insert thoughts, commands, and memories into their head. Seemingly resistant/immune to being controlled herself, and she is able to look at herself in the mirror without succumbing to her own powers, although nobody else is. She isn't a basilisk. She has pretty good eyesight, the best possible for a human. Not exactly a 'weapon' but she owns a pocket watch, which can be used for some nefarious purposes...
Weaknesses: Requires eye contact to use her hypnosis, to her victims it looks like her eyes are spinning like spirals but they are really emitting subtle twitches that put the victim in a suggestible state. Knocking her unconscious breaks all but the strongest of mental links. She can only mentally link herself to so many people at a time before her control over them starts to weaken. Overuse of powers brings intense migraines, nosebleeds, and possibly even worse effects. Her powers are less effective against anything of low human intelligence and below (animals, monsters) as her powers feed off of stronger personalities. A strong force of will acts like a psychic battery for her and enhances her ability to control them. She has therefore has found it hard to accumulate a horde of mind-controlled goons so far and instead goes for specific individuals capable of leading said goons most of the time. Requiring strong personalities to power her control, long-term control over her subjects and their increased passiveness leads to her control over a victim weakening, so needs to occasionally break her victims out of it to rehypnotise them and feed on their resistance. She suffers from mild ornithophobia (fear of birds).
Skills: Fluent in both English and French. She's learned hypnotism to enhance her own powers when she feels like going about it the more manual way. She's pro at fencing for Gotham University and is quite good with a blade.
RP Examples: I've posted more than two times in the IC now that can count.
Extra Information (Optional, and for enjoyment and Immersion)
Day Job: Student at Gotham University
Living Place: Lives in Burnley in a student house with some friends.
Voice Actor: (name and preferably a sound bit if possible)
Likes/Dislikes: She likes getting her own way, reading, music, games. Meeting the famous heroes and villains of Gotham. Dislikes rude people, not getting her own way, birds.
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules? Yes.

APPROVED! :) WELCOME ABO...wait, you're already on board. HAVE A PLEASANT TRIP! :)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Tamrida wrote:I-Is my char fetish fuel for you two now?

You're such an innocent, it's adorable Tam! :p Okay, need to make a quick Dr. Pepper run, be back in 30mins to read your lovely lovely IC posts!

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:12 pm

Tamrida wrote:I-Is my char fetish fuel for you two now?

You're such an innocent, it's adorable Tam! :p Okay, need to make a quick Dr. Pepper run, be back in 30mins to read your lovely lovely IC posts!

I just don't follow any of this stuff, so I have no clue what it means. Can I at least get an explanation?

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:13 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:APPROVED! :) WELCOME ABO...wait, you're already on board. HAVE A PLEASANT TRIP! :)

It feels like you're a ship captain!

Love, exciting and new
Come aboard, were expecting you
Love, lifes sweetest reward
Let it flow, it floats back to you

Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure
Your mind on a new romance

Love wont hurt anymore
Its an open smile on a friendly shore
Yes love...
Its love...
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Auphelia wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:APPROVED! :) WELCOME ABO...wait, you're already on board. HAVE A PLEASANT TRIP! :)

Love, exciting and new

Love wont hurt anymore
Yes love...
Its love...

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done. :p

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:37 pm

Idk if i'll be able to post over the next few days, or if i'll be banned. I won't pollute this thread with the details, but suffice to say: I lost my cool and took the bait. Hopefully moderation will be merciful and allow me to stay. We will see.

Edit: I am working on a post already, so if i'm able to finish something by tonight it will be up. What happens after that is up to the mods.
Last edited by Illegal Planets on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDE never dies

”My rock and roll is not to entertain, but to annihilate"

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:38 pm

Tamrida wrote:I just don't follow any of this stuff, so I have no clue what it means. Can I at least get an explanation?

Well...Yaana is under the mistaken impression that we both have a mind control fetish. Personally, I have a fetish for fuzzy bunny slippers but that's about it. :p

(Psst- I really don't have a fuzzy bunny slipper fetish. ;) )

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:39 pm

Auphelia wrote:

Love, exciting and new

Love wont hurt anymore
Yes love...
Its love...

Does that make me Julie?! :shock:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Illegal Planets wrote:Idk if i'll be able to post over the next few days, or if i'll be banned. I won't pollute this thread with the details, but suffice to say: I lost my cool and took the bait. Hopefully moderation will be merciful and allow me to stay. We will see.

NEVER TAKE THE BAIT!!! And don't worry about being banned, i think half the people around here have been banned. Just set up a new account, reincarnation is possible!

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:42 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Does that make me Julie?! :shock:

You're Isaac, obviously!

My mother used to make me watch this to become more westernised and cultured. :roll:

United States of Brainy wrote:NEVER TAKE THE BAIT!!! And don't worry about being banned, i think half the people around here have been banned. Just set up a new account, reincarnation is possible!

*has never been banned*

Most people haven't been banned. You must know some pretty extreme nations!

:lol:
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:43 pm

Auphelia wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Does that make me Julie?! :shock:

You're Isaac, obviously!

My mother used to make me watch this to become more westernised and cultured. :roll:

United States of Brainy wrote:NEVER TAKE THE BAIT!!! And don't worry about being banned, i think half the people around here have been banned. Just set up a new account, reincarnation is possible!

*has never been banned*

Eh, I just spend too much time in General. Carry on, though. I'm writing up a post now.
MDE never dies

”My rock and roll is not to entertain, but to annihilate"

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:45 pm

Auphelia wrote:
You're Isaac, obviously!

*has never been banned*

Yay! I'm the bartender! I've always wanted to be a bartender! Can I make you a drink? Perhaps something with Dr. Pepper? ;) And yeah, when it comes to that whole banned thing, I guess I'm just a radical. ;) ;)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Tamrida wrote:I just don't follow any of this stuff, so I have no clue what it means. Can I at least get an explanation?

Well...Yaana is under the mistaken impression that we both have a mind control fetish. Personally, I have a fetish for fuzzy bunny slippers but that's about it. :p

What the? :shock:

I think that it is best for me to just leave.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:51 pm

Everytime I read your Harley, Yanna... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:52 pm

Tamrida wrote:What the? :shock:

I think that it is best for me to just leave.

No! Don't leave! I'll be good, promise! :D

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:53 pm

Quite clearly tongue in cheek. I'm suspicious of everybody now though. :P

Does anybody want to do something with Charley? Pretty flexible character right now. She can foil your evil plans, join your good guy team, your bad guy team, have some random interactions with anyone lonely... pretty much anything.
Last edited by Yaana Noore on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse