NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:17 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:*pushes towards you some Valium* Heard this stuff was popular in the 80s.

Hahaha, thanks but that stuff will have me passed out and drooling over the keyboard and no one wants that. :p

And posted for ya! Hope you like it!

I going to need to take a shower, first. Possible to share that Tylenol with some vintage Sprite?
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:19 pm

I am quite confused as to what Cooper did, cause currently we're in the tunnels. Not near the trees. But whatever, I'll start working on a post when I can but I am rather busy atm.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:20 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Hahaha, thanks but that stuff will have me passed out and drooling over the keyboard and no one wants that. :p

And posted for ya! Hope you like it!

I going to need to take a shower, first. Possible to share that Tylenol with some vintage Sprite?

Sure. *passes the Tylenol over* When you say "vintage Sprite" I hope you don't mean, like, an actual Sprite from 1986. Because I think that it's probably flat and disgusting by now. :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Sterkistan wrote:I am quite confused as to what Cooper did, cause currently we're in the tunnels. Not near the trees. But whatever, I'll start working on a post when I can but I am rather busy atm.

Cooper was in the tunnels too. He ate those two cops in the Batcave and then came after you, having smelled Babs. He zoomed her out of the tunnels. Nightwing is dazed on the ground with Catgirl on top of him!

Nightwing- :shock:
Catgirl- :D

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Okay, gonna get started on my Lydia post in a minute or two. And then I'll have a combined post for both Monica and Babs. :)

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:33 pm

Sterkistan wrote:I am quite confused as to what Cooper did, cause currently we're in the tunnels. Not near the trees. But whatever, I'll start working on a post when I can but I am rather busy atm.

Sorry about that, misread your post a bit. It’s exactly what Brainy said, he plowed into Nightwing, (tunnels or forest wouldn’t make much of a difference to Cooper) and hauled Babs off to a more secluded spot while Catgirl is hovering over
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Whalestron wrote:

Sorry about that, misread your post a bit. It’s exactly what Brainy said, he plowed into Nightwing, (tunnels or forest wouldn’t make much of a difference to Cooper) and hauled Babs off to a more secluded spot while Catgirl is hovering over
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

By law I am required to point out that
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
must now be referred to by this exactly.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:09 pm

*shallows pills and drinks it with vintage Sprite*
Hang on, I need to get it into my stomach. Crystal Pepsi should do. *drinks it also*
Here goes nothing.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Okay, Lydia post done! Now to get a Monica/Babs combo written and I'll be set! :D

Fronket
Envoy

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fronket » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Hero APP:
Name/Alias: Detective Renee Montoya
Appearance: Image
Personality: Intelligent, Reserved, Level-Headed, Quick-Thinking, Forward-Thinking
Faction: GCPD
Race: Human
Backstory:
Renee’s parents both perished in an earthquake when she was very young. Her entire mansion, wealth, and belongings were destroyed. Before foster care could take her, the mob lord Sal Maroni found her and rebuilt her life, sending her to a nice provate school, giving her a home, and paying for all of her expenses. Renee owed Sal a debt for the rest of her life. He forced her to join the police force and be a pawn for his gang. While his gang’s influence has diminished now, Renee occasionally has to do him favors within the GCPD.

Renee has had close relationships with multiple heroes, including The Question and Batwoman. She is one of the few remaining cops who believes that heroes are necessary to keep the city safe. Renee’s persistence pisses off many cops in her department, although she is highly respected as one of the top detectives in the GCPD.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:

- White Alfa Romeo 4C sports car, gift from Sal Maroni -

- S&W Model 60 handgun -

- Lock pick disguised as earring
- Other standard police equipment

Weaknesses: Her loyalty to Sal Maroni can get in the way of justice. She’s also not super powered.
RP Examples: No
Extra Information
Day Job: Homicde and Major Crimes Detective
Living Place: Mansion in Diamond District (courtesy of her adoptive dad Maroni)
Voice Actor: Salma Hayek
Likes/Dislikes: Likes exercise, dislikes laziness
Theme Song: NA
Did you read the rules? Yep

Sorry I’ve already posted for Renee in the past, but I was thinking of making her a more major player.
Last edited by Fronket on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julutth
Secretary

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Er...one tweensy problem with Bane taking Damian hostage. Talia was supposed to be part of Bane’s rescue team with the Historian. But why would she feel the need to help someone who just kidnapped her son? Not a huge problem, but still...

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:50 pm

Julutth wrote:Er...one tweensy problem with Bane taking Damian hostage. Talia was supposed to be part of Bane’s rescue team with the Historian. But why would she feel the need to help someone who just kidnapped her son? Not a huge problem, but still...

Bane likely wouldnt hurt Damian. While he is driven to the point of doing such things for the sake of his crusade, he sees no point in senseless violence. He believes the Batman will come when he finds out that he has Damian.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Julutth wrote:Er...one tweensy problem with Bane taking Damian hostage. Talia was supposed to be part of Bane’s rescue team with the Historian. But why would she feel the need to help someone who just kidnapped her son? Not a huge problem, but still...

He's not kidnapping Damian. He's rescuing him from the clutches of those evil Disciples and from the ruins of the Batcave and making sure his poor, comatose little body gets safely back to his mother. ;)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Fronket wrote:
Hero APP:
Name/Alias: Detective Renee Montoya
Appearance: (Image)
Personality: Intelligent, Reserved, Level-Headed, Quick-Thinking, Forward-Thinking
Faction: GCPD
Backstory:
Renee’s parents both perished in an earthquake when she was very young. Her entire mansion, wealth, and belongings were destroyed. Before foster care could take her, the mob lord Sal Maroni found her and rebuilt her life, sending her to a nice provate school, giving her a home, and paying for all of her expenses. Renee owed Sal a debt for the rest of her life. He forced her to join the police force and be a pawn for his gang. While his gang’s influence has diminished now, Renee occasionally has to do him favors within the GCPD.

Renee has had close relationships with multiple heroes, including The Question and Batwoman. She is one of the few remaining cops who believes that heroes are necessary to keep the city safe. Renee’s persistence pisses off many cops in her department, although she is highly respected as one of the top detectives in the GCPD.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:

- White Alfa Romeo 4C sports car, gift from Sal Maroni -
- S&W Model 60 handgun -
- Lock pick disguised as earring
- Other standard police equipment

Weaknesses: Her loyalty to Sal Maroni can get in the way of justice. She’s also not super powered.
RP Examples: No
Extra Information
Day Job: Homicde and Major Crimes Detective
Living Place: Mansion in Diamond District (courtesy of her adoptive dad Maroni)
Voice Actor: Salma Hayek
Likes/Dislikes: Likes exercise, dislikes laziness
Theme Song: NA
Did you read the rules? Yep

Sorry I’ve already posted for Renee in the past, but I was thinking of making her a more major player.

APPROVED!!! :D Hmmm...wonder what she thinks of Kate and Maggie as a couple? :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Okay, finished my Monica/Babs post and I am pooped! Terrific posts, everyone! :D Read them all, loved them all! Haedros, your voice for Bane is so good, its perfect! And reading Kate for the first time in this story, your Kate is awesome, Mank! But make no mistake, I loved everyone's posts. Again, terrific job. Sorry for not commenting earlier, just been so busy writing and its been a very long day for me. Okay, I'm out, going to collapse on my bed now. Night, everyone!

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:35 pm

I'm going to be off Wednesday, so enjoy a wall of text.

RPs I do

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:55 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Gunslinger and The Rifleman will be taking a hiatus. I'll get an app up for The Electrician soon, probably today.

Hero APP:
Name/Alias: Jack Reynolds/The Electrician
Appearance: 6'2, 200 lbs, muscular, black hair, gray eyes, roundish face, smallish nose
Personality: Calm under pressure, a quick thinker, enjoys making awful puns, a little loud, but likable, easygoing.
Faction: N/A
Backstory:
Jack Reynolds was born in New Hampshire, the son of a grocery store owner. His childhood was rather ordinary and uneventful. He graduated high school at age 18, but realized college would be an expensive waste of time for him, so he went to a technical school to become an electrician. While he was in technical school, he married his longtime girlfriend, Leslie Parks.

After he finished technical school, he and Leslie moved to Gotham, because there was more money to be had there. There, their first kid was born, a boy named Jack. Two years later, their second child, a girl named Jesse. He made good money as an electrician in Gotham. When he was 38, he was working a job at an apartment complex, when there was an unexplainable power surge through the circuit breaker he was working on. Instead of frying him to a crisp, he was given his electrical powers. The surge knocked him out for a few minutes. When he awoke, he finished his job and went home, where he discovered his powers. He only told his family, under the promise that they wouldn't tell anyone.
Powers/Weapons/Tech: He is basically a human generator and electromagnet. He can conduct electricity, magnetize stuff, throw bolts of electricity of varying voltage and amperage, and can even sort of fly, by using his electromagnetic powers to oppose Earth's magnetic field. He wears an unmarked work shirt, cargo pants, a hardhat, dark goggles, and a dust filter.
Weaknesses: His powers use A LOT of energy, making him get really tired if he uses his powers too much.
Skills: Electrical work.
RP Examples: I'll dig a couple out if you really want me too.
Extra Information N/A
Day Job: He's an actual electrician.
Living Place: An apartment in Brunley.
Voice Actor: N/A
Likes/Dislikes:
Theme Song: N/A
Did you read the rules? Yes

CODE: SELECT ALL

Awww...and I liked G&R. Oh well. And concerning our new hero...APPROVED! :D

Thanks, but G&R should be back sooner or later.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:02 am

I have added the following to the roster:
  • Huntress/Helena Wayne
  • Green Arrow/Oliver Queen
  • Black Canary/Dinah Queen
  • Katana/Tatsu Yamashiro
  • Renee Montoya
  • The Electrician/Jack Reynolds
  • Batwoman/Kathy Kane

If your character has been approved in the last 2 weeks or you have made your character inactive in that time but it is not on the roster, please let me know. I've added a few names to the inactive list that I noticed had dropped out/been retired as I went through as well as brought Nightwing back and edited Damian's status.

Been trying to catch up but it is taking me a while, lots to read. Can anyone sort of sum up recent events for me?

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:58 am

Yaana Noore wrote:I have added the following to the roster:
  • Huntress/Helena Wayne
  • Green Arrow/Oliver Queen
  • Black Canary/Dinah Queen
  • Katana/Tatsu Yamashiro
  • Renee Montoya
  • The Electrician/Jack Reynolds
  • Batwoman/Kathy Kane

If your character has been approved in the last 2 weeks or you have made your character inactive in that time but it is not on the roster, please let me know. I've added a few names to the inactive list that I noticed had dropped out/been retired as I went through as well as brought Nightwing back and edited Damian's status.

Been trying to catch up but it is taking me a while, lots to read. Can anyone sort of sum up recent events for me?

Bane is fucking shit up hard. He absolutely oofed dick and then tookout Robin and Kathy, while also kidnapping Damian Wayne in order to draw Batman, who he now knows is Bruce Wayne, out of hiding by holding his son hostage He also permanently entered his FINAL FORM

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:43 pm

Can he even fit in The Historian's helicopter? I mean, it can carry thousands of kilograms and all, but it might be too small.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:03 pm

It's going to be a long post so I've posted half of it now, I'll be editing the second half on later.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Skarten wrote:Can he even fit in The Historian's helicopter? I mean, it can carry thousands of kilograms and all, but it might be too small.

HE CAN FIT!!!!

Trust me. ;)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:28 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:It's going to be a long post so I've posted half of it now, I'll be editing the second half on later.

Nice post, Yaana. Really nice to see Harley back. I missed her. :)

And what's up with that Cooper?! He needs to quit shoving Babs from behind! :lol:

Have a post up later tonight. ;)

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

W.I.P.

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Name/Alias: Collin Bravoure A.K.A. Percée
Appearance:

Personality:
Faction: N/A
Backstory: Collin was born in Rhode Island,

Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Abilities
-
Equipment
-Hero outfit/mask: While his outfit may just look like a normal outfit, Collins hero suit is actually full of various combat utilities and design upgrades that assist his powers. For example, there are multiple incredibly effective shock absorbers throughout the suit so he can withstand the force of his own attacks with injuring himself. He also wears heavily modified/armored track shoes to increase the force of his kick based attacks, and the same goes for his gloves, which come with built in knuckle dusters/shock absorbers. Beneath his sleeves he wears thick, flexible carbonsteel bracers on his wrists and shins, as well on his ankles. In addition to this, he wears a bullet resistant vest of the same material beneath his shirt. He also wears a mask to hide his identity and change his voice, though other than that it doesnt really have much other purpose.

Weaknesses:
Skills:
-Martial Arts: Collin has been trained in multiple forms of martial arts, including kickboxing, judo, taekwondo, boxing, karate, and multiple kinds of armed fighting styles. He prefers to go for non lethal attacks with disarming and incapacitating the opponent in question.
-Analytical: Collin adapts his fighting style to match his opponent by observing common patterns in their attacks and then adjusting in order to better combat them based off of this.
-Charismatic/magnetic personality: Collins kindness, selflessness and determination draws people toward him, and makes them far more trusting of him.
-Computers: Despite his heavily up close fighting style, he does not enjoy physical tasks, and is not particular good at them. Instead, in his non hero life, he is a computer nerd with a whole lot of tech savvy. He is good with almost anything computer related, from writing code, to hacking, to even building and enhancing computers.
-Highly intelligent: Collin is incredibly smart for his age, with an IQ of almost two hundred, and with multiple years of college under his belt, as well as being a self taught inventor, chemist, and hacker with major skill.
RP Examples: (At least Two regardless of whether i have rp'ed with you before or not)
Extra Information (Optional, and for enjoyment and Immersion)
Day Job: Student at Gotham University/Intern programmer for Wayne Tech
Living Place: Gotham University dorm
Voice Actor: Kyle McCarley or for true anime edition Natsuki Hanae
Likes/Dislikes:
+Reading
+Pizza
+Gaming
+Punk/Rock alternative music
+Anime
-Endangering innocents
-Using lethal force
-Meatoaf
-Failing his duty as a hero
Theme Song: An aspiring hero or alternately A determined protector
Did you read the rules? Yes
Yes, this is essentially Izuku Midoriya. But fuck it. Also sorry a good deal of the bio is about his fathers research, but who needs to know this characters childhood, amirite, or amirite?
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Without further ado:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:33 pm

You're making me do math, Haedros?! Bah! :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse