NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:44 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Marvel/DC, DC/Marvel, it's all the same. *waits for the outrage to begin*

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Marvel is superior in ev'ry way!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Your humour is amusing, roleplayer!

:lol:

I aim to please. ;) So, yeah, not looking forward to getting thrown up on. :lol: Let's see, Babs gets cut, possibly scarred, has forks in her legs, had to swallow an exploding orb and now is going to have vomit spewed over her unconscious body!!! This is like superhero abuse! :lol:

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:48 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:I aim to please. ;) So, yeah, not looking forward to getting thrown up on. :lol: Let's see, Babs gets cut, possibly scarred, has forks in her legs, had to swallow an exploding orb and now is going to have vomit spewed over her unconscious body!!! This is like superhero abuse! :lol:

My region has cured me of my iambic pentameter!

Don't worry, the fork wounds will be healed, she just needed to be distracted for the knives to cut.

And sorry about the vomit, but Sydney is going to get very ill in the aftermath of handling all of those numbers. It's like drugs: while it is working you feel amazing, but then you come crashing down.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Bycrest wrote:

*begins rage in high-pitched nerdy voice*
Um, actually there are completely different and DC is better anyways so you're completely wrong and should instantly take my opinion as fact because if you don't you're just wrong. :ugeek:

Have to side with Auphelia, always been a Marvel girl. LOVE Bats but could never get into Superman, Green Lantern, not even Wonder Woman. Too sci-fi/fantasy for me I guess. But Bats (everything Batman. Batman, Batgirl, Nightwing, you name it) is my favorite over anything Marvel, well, maybe except for a few characters over there.

And hey, you're a geek! Auphelia too. So, why aren't you two joining my GI Joe thread, I mean, once I get it up and running? *eyes accusingly*
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Auphelia wrote:My region has cured me of my iambic pentameter!

Don't worry, the fork wounds will be healed, she just needed to be distracted for the knives to cut.

And sorry about the vomit, but Sydney is going to get very ill in the aftermath of handling all of those numbers. It's like drugs: while it is working you feel amazing, but then you come crashing down.

Well, why doesn't she vomit on you?! Why does she have to vomit on me?! :eyebrow:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:54 pm

And oh, I'm really liking the battle of wits that's happening between Merry and Riddler! :D

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:55 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Well, why doesn't she vomit on you?! Why does she have to vomit on me?! :eyebrow:

Because she was facing you when she was fighting!

As hilarious as it would be for Ruth Bingum to scream about vomit in her hair, it will be funnier to deal with washing Batgirl's unconscious body.

No undressing necessary, of course!

United States of Brainy wrote:And hey, you're a geek! Auphelia too. So, why aren't you two joining my GI Joe thread, I mean, once I get it up and running? *eyes accusingly*

GI Joe was a little after my time and never got popular where I live.

SC #307

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:56 pm

Farilexasm wrote:
Very Black Panther-esque. Wrong superhero universe?

DC is better.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:00 pm

Absolutely love Batman and have read and enjoyed some Wonder Woman but otherwise I prefer Marvel. Superman bores me, all the recent Suicide Squad stuff I found reaaallly bad and I tried to read Deathstroke but it didn't seem to make any sense.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Tamrida wrote:

DC is better.[/quote]

The Batman universe is better than anything Marvel can offer, past or present, but I don't find anything else about DC that interesting. DC's animated movies are FAR superior than the animated movie junk that Marvel puts out. DC animated series are also better than Marvel's. The MCU and the DCEU are like apples and oranges, I enjoy both for entirely different reasons.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:03 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:Absolutely love Batman and have read and enjoyed some Wonder Woman but otherwise I prefer Marvel. Superman bores me, all the recent Suicide Squad stuff I found reaaallly bad and I tried to read Deathstroke but it didn't seem to make any sense.

Exactly!

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:03 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:The Batman universe is better than anything Marvel can offer, past or present, but I don't find anything else about DC that interesting. DC's animated movies are FAR superior than the animated movie junk that Marvel puts out. DC animated series are also better than Marvel's. The MCU and the DCEU are like apple and oranges, I enjoy both for entirely different reasons.

People enjoy the DCEU?
Last edited by Yaana Noore on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:05 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:People enjoy the DCEU?

Hated Justice League but liked everything else. Even...shudder...Green Lantern. :eek:

Edit- And the problem with JL was that they were trying to 'Marvel-ize' it.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:People enjoy the DCEU?

Hated Justice League but liked everything else. Even...shudder...Green Lantern. :eek:

Green Lantern? :eyebrow: I'm questionable of your taste. Not actually part of the DCEU though...
I don't think I've really enjoyed any of the DCEU. There were scenes in BvS I liked, Batman ones, but otherwise hated it. Meh on Man of Steel and Justice League. Suicide Squad I found bad. Wonder Woman was just alright to me, I watched it like 6 months later seemed a bit overhyped.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:13 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:Green Lantern? :eyebrow: I'm questionable of your taste. Not actually part of the DCEU though...
I don't think I've really enjoyed any of the DCEU. There were scenes in BvS I liked, Batman ones, but otherwise hated it. Meh on Man of Steel and Justice League. Suicide Squad I found bad. Wonder Woman was just alright to me, I watched it like 6 months later seemed a bit overhyped.

Hey, GL was fun! Nothing special but fun. And yeah, I guess Man of Steel was the first official DCEU movie. The thing I really, really hate about the Marvel movies is the cinematography. They have have this bland, almost TV-quality CGI look to them. Visually, the DCEU just grabs my attention better and not just the Batman films either, like Man of Steel and WW too.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:17 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:Green Lantern? :eyebrow: I'm questionable of your taste. Not actually part of the DCEU though...

Hey, GL was fun! Nothing special but fun. And yeah, I guess Man of Steel was the first official DCEU movie. The thing I really, really hate about the Marvel movies is the cinematography. They have have this bland, almost TV-quality CGI look to them. Visually, the DCEU just grabs my attention better and not just the Batman films either, like Man of Steel and WW too.

I don't like how DC films look funnily enough. Too... depressing and grey. I get it for Batman but it doesn't suit Wonder Woman and Superman, the tone is all wrong.
CGI can be iffy sometimes with Marvel but I thought it was really good in Infinity War. There was this scene that looked bad at the start but can't remember what it was now, but otherwise I liked it.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:I don't like how DC films look funnily enough. Too... depressing and grey. I get it for Batman but it doesn't suit Wonder Woman and Superman, the tone is all wrong.
CGI can be iffy sometimes with Marvel but I thought it was really good in Infinity War. There was this scene that looked bad at the start but can't remember what it was now, but otherwise I liked it.

Awww, man, don't even get me started on Infinity War. I did not like that movie. You'd have these lengthy, dialogue cut scenes, followed by massive battles followed by more dialogue cut scenes, it was literally a two and a half hour video game.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:24 pm

Okay, have stuff to do, be back later. :)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:26 pm

Tamrida wrote:

DC is better.

The Batman universe is better than anything Marvel can offer, past or present, but I don't find anything else about DC that interesting. DC's animated movies are FAR superior than the animated movie junk that Marvel puts out. DC animated series are also better than Marvel's. The MCU and the DCEU are like apples and oranges, I enjoy both for entirely different reasons.

Yeah, I call that the Comic book paradox. I personally prefer DC's stories and characters over Marvel's (and especially like the interesting idea of DCs "gods amongst men" instead of Marvel's "Normal people rise to the occasion" plots (if you want more details, feel free to ask.)) and believe that DCs has better depth to them. I also believe that the tv shows (live action and animated) are way better, as well as DCs animated movies. However, DCs animated movies are always a hit or miss, with Marvel moves almost always being better than most DC ones. It is really odd.
Last edited by Tamrida on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:27 pm

So,uh, i'm just going to say the new exposition has come to the Gotham museum.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:33 pm

I Have Posto the thingo

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:34 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:

Green Lantern? :eyebrow: I'm questionable of your taste. Not actually part of the DCEU though...

Wonder Woman was only as good as it was because the bar for DC was really low.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:42 pm

Bycrest wrote:

Wonder Woman was only as good as it was because the bar for DC was really low.

I would agree. I was busy at the time and missed it in the cinemas. Only one of my friends saw it but he has terrible opinions and loves every film he watches no matter how bad it is. :p
So I saw it late and all the reviews made it out like it was absolutely amazing so it was just a disappointment to me, whereas people who expected your usual bad DC flick were probably pleasantly surprised. It just felt standard Marvel-tier. I liked Wonder Woman herself, and then it just had a really underwhelming villain. So like your usual Marvel film.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:44 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Hey, on a totally unrelated note, I'm thinking of starting a G.I. Joe story thread. You know, the 80s cartoon/comic book. Any one here interested in joining? :)

G.I. Joe is awesome. I almost used Rock 'N' Roll as Gunslinger's description.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:G.I. Joe is awesome. I almost used Rock 'N' Roll as Gunslinger's description.

Yay! Looks like I got a Rock 'N' Roll! (Or feel free to chose anyone else when I get the thread set up!) :D
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse