NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:02 pm

The Mank wrote:I’m working on a post. Since the docks plan is off, alert me if there’s any new arc damian can get involved in.

Okay, Mank, I have it! Tell me what you think. Damian was heading out to Ace Chemicals to stop looting because of the collapse the previous night. On the way there, he decides to take a pass through Gotham University just to make sure everything's okay after the Queen's attack. As he's driving through, what should he see but the Atom, the chief suspect in the Ace Chemicals building collapse, helping people out of the rubble. ;)

The Mank
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mank » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:03 pm

Ok, I wrote my post. Tried to leave things a bit open ended. I’ve got Damian getting his butt back to the Batcave first.

EDIT: Just saw your idea, i could add to my post?
Last edited by The Mank on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:05 pm

If anyone wants to get involved with the Crooked Man, and hunt him because of rumors of a monster in Gotham, I’m open to that
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:09 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Sterkistan wrote:Don't worry I'm holding.

Thanks, Sterk. :) So same question, docks or mansion, if you had your choice? and also, what do you think about a storyline between you and Syd?

I dunno, Docks seems pretty good because I don't have to cross a lava lake.

By Syd, you mean Sydney right?

Also, Damian is Dick's biggest fan, not TIm.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Farilexasm
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Farilexasm » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:09 pm

I’m trying to write an app for Jason Todd/Red Hood, and I’m sure he’d like to hunt monsters :)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:11 pm

The Mank wrote:Ok, I wrote my post. Tried to leave things a bit open ended. I’ve got Damian getting his butt back to the Batcave first.

No obligation to use my idea, But IF you do like it, this is what you do-

Everything through your "Expert? Well, that’s a first." is fine, no changes required. After that, change it so there's no mention of the League because if he hears that, that becomes his main focus, everything else gets thrown to the side. So after he thinks Expert? Well, that's a first he tells alfred he's on his way back but wants to make a quick pass through Gotham U just to make sure things are okay. How does that sound?

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Sterkistan wrote:Also, Damian is Dick's biggest fan, not TIm.

I would agree. I guess Tim holds great respect and admiration for Dick, but Damian is more of a fanboy. At least in the comics it’s that way.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

The Mank
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mank » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:14 pm

The Mank wrote:Ok, I wrote my post. Tried to leave things a bit open ended. I’ve got Damian getting his butt back to the Batcave first.

No obligation to use my idea, But IF you do like it, this is what you do-

Everything through your "Expert? Well, that’s a first." is fine, no changes required. After that, change it so there's no mention of the League because if he hears that, that becomes his main focus, everything else gets thrown to the side. So after he thinks Expert? Well, that's a first he tells alfred he's on his way back but wants to make a quick pass through Gotham U just to make sure things are okay. How does that sound?

Great! I’ll do that.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:15 pm

Sterkistan wrote:I dunno, Docks seems pretty good because I don't have to cross a lava lake.

By Syd, you mean Sydney right?

Also, Damian is Dick's biggest fan, not TIm.

Sorry for the mix-up, i knew it was one of those two. :p Yeah, Sydney. So...if you didn't have to cross a lava lake? ;) okay, j/k, sounds like you really want to go to the docks, okay, I'll figure out some way to make it work. :)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:19 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:If anyone wants to get involved with the Crooked Man, and hunt him because of rumors of a monster in Gotham, I’m open to that

Well, he has to be about to kill someone again before he can be stopped, right? :p How does Crooked Man hunt? By scent? What if...he detected an unusually strong scent (Sydney's because she's got powers or whatever) and follows that scent to Bingum estate? He arrives just as Tim and Dick leave so only the female characters are left behind? And then he begins to hunt. Very horror movie-ish, is it not? ;)

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:20 pm

To all hero characters: Pay no attention to the docks. There definitely aren't any evil schemes going on down there. Absolutely no reason for you to go there whatsoever.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:21 pm

Farilexasm wrote:I’m trying to write an app for Jason Todd/Red Hood, and I’m sure he’d like to hunt monsters :)

Yay! We're finally gonna have a Jason! :D And sure, if he wants to play monster hunter, I'm not going to stop him! :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:22 pm

Bycrest wrote:To all hero characters: Pay no attention to the docks. There definitely aren't any evil schemes going on down there. Absolutely no reason for you to go there whatsoever.

Hmmm...okay, whelp, nothing to see I guess.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Mank
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mank » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:24 pm

Ok, I edited my post.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:31 pm

The Mank wrote:Ok, I edited my post.

Nice edit! :)

Minor, minor quibble but still important- When you describe the Atom shrinking and helping people, that's fine, because you're just rehashing Atom's actions from his prior post. But, when you say "The man in the suit turned around" that's a new action because he's responding to what Damian just said and that's autoplaying someone else's character which is a no-no. It's a really insignificant action but I'd thought I'd mention it. instead, you could just tack on your last line "Well, you've got a ton..." to the end of your previous line so it reads "“Well well well, if it isn’t the Atom.” Damian let out. “Well, you’ve got a ton of explaining to do, don’t ya...” all one line.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:If anyone wants to get involved with the Crooked Man, and hunt him because of rumors of a monster in Gotham, I’m open to that

Well, he has to be about to kill someone again before he can be stopped, right? :p How does Crooked Man hunt? By scent? What if...he detected an unusually strong scent (Sydney's because she's got powers or whatever) and follows that scent to Bingum estate? He arrives just as Tim and Dick leave so only the female characters are left behind? And then he begins to hunt. Very horror movie-ish, is it not? ;)

Certainly an interesting concept. I’ll incorporate that into my next post tomorrow morning.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:36 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:

Certainly an interesting concept. I’ll incorporate that into my next post tomorrow morning.

Well, it's only a suggestion so its totally up to you. :)

Edit- Also, if there's still an issue with the security system because of Nightwing's virus, that would make it even more interesting. ;)
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Okay, I need to sleep! Give you all a break from me cluttering the thread! :p Good night and hope to see all of you tomorrow! It's been really fun today and I mean that so thanks everyone! :)

Farilexasm
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Farilexasm » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:47 pm

b]Hero APP:[/b]
Name/Alias: Jason Todd
Appearance:

Personality: Impulsive, uncontrollable, angry with the world. Has a strong conviction in his beliefs.
Faction: Disciples of the Hood.
Race: Human
Backstory:
After being brutally beaten by Joker in a battle as the second Robin, Jason was left for dead by Batman and he later interpreted it as Batman forgetting about him. In fact, Jason was not dead. With immense will power, Jason dragged his broken body a few steps until he collapsed. He was found by Rhas Al Ghul, who rejuvenated him, thinking he had found a new member of the league. Alas, it was not to be. Jason was not one to be controlled by another. He promptly left the League of Shadows for Gotham. In Gotham, Jason slowly took control of minor criminal gangs to gain Batman’s attention. In what was supposed to be an ultimate showdown, Batman consoles Jason and wins Jason’s heart again. They briefly make up, and Jason tries to return to a normal life in Gotham again without being Robin. During this time, Bruce leaves Damian Wayne to be raised by Jason

However, Jason is angered again when he finds out he has been replaced by Tim Drake. In his anger, he founds his own vigilante group, “The Followers of the Hood,” led by him, the Red Hood. He hopes to wipe out corruption from the city in any way possible.

Powers/Weapons/Tech:
- Several small pistols, one automatic rifle, one machine gun, shotgun, rocket launcher
- Utility belt with grenades
- Knows Silat, Taekwondo, Nunjutsu to emphasize a brutal fighting style.
- Owns a small Toyota Prius, makes him unnoticed.

Weaknesses: He is too reckless and not necesserily intelligent in fights. He also has too much of a soft spot for Damian Wayne.
Skills: None, really. He’s a good cook.
RP Examples:
“Ok, Punk, listen up. You’re gonna tell me exactly where that shipment of stolen military weaponry is going.” Jason grunted out
“Ok. It’ll be at that small tailor shop on East End. Mark’s Tailory.” The smuggler squeaked.
Jason smiled and slit his throat.

He hopped into his black Prius and raced off to East End, when he looked down at his phone.
“Incoming call from Alfred Pennyworth.” Ugh, the Batman squad was trying to convince him again to stop being so brutal. He hung up on his call.

Day Job: Waiter
Living place: East End apartment.
Voice Actor: Jensen Ackles.
Likes/Dislikes: likes Violence.
Theme Song: NA
Did you read the rules? Yes

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Oh, nice post, Bycrest! :) Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Okay, so let us know when you're officially set up and are accepting new Gotham Harbor posts. Until then, no one posts in Gotham Harbor yet, thanks!

Okay, going to bed for reals.

The Mank
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mank » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:49 pm

The Mank wrote:Ok, I edited my post.

Nice edit! :)

Minor, minor quibble but still important- When you describe the Atom shrinking and helping people, that's fine, because you're just rehashing Atom's actions from his prior post. But, when you say "The man in the suit turned around" that's a new action because he's responding to what Damian just said and that's autoplaying someone else's character which is a no-no. It's a really insignificant action but I'd thought I'd mention it. instead, you could just tack on your last line "Well, you've got a ton..." to the end of your previous line so it reads "“Well well well, if it isn’t the Atom.” Damian let out. “Well, you’ve got a ton of explaining to do, don’t ya...” all one line.

I’ll fix it.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:54 am

Bycrest wrote:To all hero characters: Pay no attention to the docks. There definitely aren't any evil schemes going on down there. Absolutely no reason for you to go there whatsoever.

All of you hero's can see no evil, speak no evil, and hear no evil.

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:50 am

United States of Brainy wrote:Oh, nice post, Bycrest! :) Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Okay, so let us know when you're officially set up and are accepting new Gotham Harbor posts. Until then, no one posts in Gotham Harbor yet, thanks!

Okay, going to bed for reals.

I guess we're in place now, a post from Ubu would be nice since he has the box and all. It would be nice of him to just put it down on a table somewhere a leave the ship.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:05 am

United States of Brainy wrote:Hey, Pax Nerdvana, nice post! :)

Okay, just posted again for Gotham Harbor.

Ok, I'll try to respond later. I don't have much time now.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:06 am

Bycrest wrote:I guess we're in place now, a post from Ubu would be nice since he has the box and all. It would be nice of him to just put it down on a table somewhere a leave the ship.

And maybe he could leave a plate of milk and cookies for ya while he's at it! :p

Okay, nice posts, guys. You're gonna have to give me a few hours to get an Ubu post up, might try to get it done on my lunch break, we'll see. :)

No prob, Pax, take your time. :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse