NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:47 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Ahhh..I choose The Storm on the Sea of Galilee, darn it! :p And okay, posted! :)

:lol:

Brilliant!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:50 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Ahhh..I choose The Storm on the Sea of Galilee, darn it! :p And okay, posted! :)

:lol:

Brilliant!

Thanks! :D

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:54 pm

Sterkistan wrote:Assume it's been more than 5 minutes. The drone was going pretty slowly so it's been a while since the computer started running the firewall.
And by custom, it's one he built for the purpose of wrenching control of security, I'm just going off what I've seen regarding how Nightwing operates.

He's also got quite a large amount of experience with this.

I buy it, especially since he's using Batman tech. ;) Great post, Sterk! :) I especially enjoyed how he got control of the drone and started riding it like a bronco, that whole depiction was really detailed and vivid, well done! :)

Haha but what the HELL is it with him and dogs?! SERIOUSLY! I'm thinking Babs needs to have him take some animal sensitivity classes! :lol:

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:58 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Haha but what the HELL is it with him and dogs?! SERIOUSLY! I'm thinking Babs needs to have him take some animal sensitivity classes! :lol:

Oh, soon he'll be very up close and personal with MANY animals.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And you can't turn everything off at once! It needs to be timed or things like this happen!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Oh, soon he'll be very up close and personal with MANY animals.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And you can't turn everything off at once! It needs to be timed or things like this happen!

Hahaha, poor Dick! :lol: And wow, that was fast with the post! :shock:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:04 pm

Man... all those dead animals, that's a bummer. :( I"m just trying to think of a way where that doesn't happen, even with the shutdown. Wouldn't there be local security protocols, like a safety sensor, that would override whatever system-wide damage was done? So, for instance, there would be a temperature sensor on the steel blast door to the animal cages, that if it detected a dangerous temp, would not open, regardless of any shutdown or order?

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:13 pm

*puts on Co-OP hat* Sterkistan and Auphelia, I really want to take a step back from the looming abyss I'm fearing we're just about to plunge into and discuss this. I think we're accelerating too quickly to an endgame with The Queen revealing herself or about to and a situation where The Queen is captured or forced to flee or succeeds in killing Dick and Babs. Also, it leaves the subplot with Syd and Mary sorta in the lurch.

Plus, I am really not comfortable with all those animals being killed and the destruction of the entire estate from what, relatively speaking, is one minor action from Dick.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:36 pm

I feel like I may have made a mistake, then again. Ruth was the one who thought putting animals in a lava moat was a good idea with a security system that doesn't have an auto order reset.

But yes, this system is supposed to be advanced, a reset should use the proper order. Also this is starting to go from believable DC futurism to Lava moats.
Last edited by Sterkistan on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:43 pm

Sterkistan wrote:I feel like I may have made a mistake, then again. Ruth was the one who thought putting animals in a lava moat was a good idea with a security system that doesn't have an auto order reset.

But yes, this system is supposed to be advanced, a reset should use the proper order. Also this is starting to go from believable DC futurism to Lava moats.

I don't want to get into a blame game here, I just want to see if we can maybe think of a better way. what if...Ruth's system is advanced enough to halt your virus before it causes a complete meltdown? Resulting in maybe a temporary shutdown, so everything stays in place but the drones are temporarily disabled, they just hover motionlessly in stand-by mode and maybe the elevator gets frozen?

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:46 pm

Sterkistan wrote:I feel like I may have made a mistake, then again. Ruth was the one who thought putting animals in a lava moat was a good idea with a security system that doesn't have an auto order reset.

I don't want to get into a blame game here, I just want to see if we can maybe think of a better way. what if...Ruth's system is advanced enough to halt your virus before it causes a complete meltdown? Resulting in maybe a temporary shutdown, so everything stays in place but the drones are temporarily disabled, they just hover motionlessly in stand-by mode and maybe the elevator gets frozen?

You're the Co-op so it's fine by me. I wasn't expecting a full meltdown either.
But I'll hold off a post until this is sorted out. It just feels like things are happening to purposely vilify Dick at this point.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Sterkistan wrote:You're the Co-op so it's fine by me. I wasn't expecting a full meltdown either.
But I'll hold off a post until this is sorted out. It just feels like things are happening to purposely vilify Dick at this point.

Yeah...Dick looks like a major league asshole at this point, doesn't he? Okay, question- would you prefer to stay at the mansion or be called away to the docks?
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:53 pm

I’m trying to think of how my second post for Tim is gonna play out, seeing all the chaos right now...
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Lic wrote:I’m trying to think of how my second post for Tim is gonna play out, seeing all the chaos right now...

Okay, first, hold off going to the docks if that's your plan. Bycrest and Tamrida need time to set up. Just wanted to make sure if you didn't see that. So, if memory serves, Tim is on his way to Bingum's estate, correct? What if, en route, he tries to contact Nightwing over the comm channel? And he gets a message from Alfred about something, no details, very vague, happening at the docks? But then he sees the explosion at Bingum and races there. And leave it at that for now. What do you think?

Lic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:02 pm

Lic wrote:I’m trying to think of how my second post for Tim is gonna play out, seeing all the chaos right now...

Okay, first, hold off going to the docks if that's your plan. Bycrest and Tamrida need time to set up. Just wanted to make sure if you didn't see that. So, if memory serves, Tim is on his way to Bingum's estate, correct? What if, en route, he tries to contact Nightwing over the comm channel? And he gets a message from Alfred about something, no details, very vague, happening at the docks? But then he sees the explosion at Bingum and races there. And leave it at that for now. What do you think?

Perfect.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Sterkistan wrote:You're the Co-op so it's fine by me. I wasn't expecting a full meltdown either.

Yeah...Dick looks like a major league asshole at this point, doesn't he? Okay, question- would you prefer to stay at the mansion or be called away to the docks?

Yeah I'll bounce to the docks if the people there are fine with it. It would be good for Barb and Dick to meet again at some point. They've got quite a lot of baggage they need to let off. How he'll actually learn about the situation at the docks is a different story.
Last edited by Sterkistan on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Sterkistan wrote:

Yeah I'll bounce to the docks if the people there are fine with it. It would be good for Barb and Dick to meet again at some point. They've got quite a lot of baggage they need to let off. How he'll actually learn about the situation at the docks is a different story.

My post is up. I hope Sterk can reply later. Dick and I could probably race off to the docks together when Tam and Bycrest are ready.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:38 pm

Lic wrote:[

My post is up. I hope Sterk can reply later. Dick and I could probably race off to the docks together when Tam and Bycrest are ready.

Okay, that works, Lic, good post! :) I really like how you didn't commit to any one option, how you left it open as to whether they'd be staying at the manor or heading to the docks, nicely played.

Okay, I'm having second thoughts about sending you two to the docks because I don't want to overbalance it and send everyone there. Here's a possibility, how would you two like to see something play out between Sydney and Dick and Mary and Tim?

Edit- And lets hold off on a new post from Sterk until I can get it all sorted out about what the situation is at the manor. Thanks.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Okay, that works, Lic, good post! :) I really like how you didn't commit to any one option, how you left it open as to whether they'd be staying at the manor or heading to the docks, nicely played.

Okay, I'm having second thoughts about sending you two to the docks because I don't want to overbalance it and send everyone there. Here's a possibility, how would you two like to see something play out between Sydney and Dick and Mary and Tim?

Edit- And lets hold off on a new post from Sterk until I can get it all sorted out about what the situation is at the manor. Thanks.

Don't worry I'm holding.

Lic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:42 pm

I’m open to whatever you guys decide, let me know when it’s all cleaned up.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:45 pm

Lic wrote:

Okay, Thanks! :) So, how do feel about something happening between Mary and Tim. Doesn't necessarily have to be romantic but like a storyline? And if you had your choice, would you prefer the docks or the mansion?

The Mank
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mank » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 pm

I’m working on a post. Since the docks plan is off, alert me if there’s any new arc damian can get involved in.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:47 pm

Sterkistan wrote:Don't worry I'm holding.

Thanks, Sterk. :) So same question, docks or mansion, if you had your choice? and also, what do you think about a storyline between you and Syd?

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:48 pm

The Mank wrote:I’m working on a post. Since the docks plan is off, alert me if there’s any new arc damian can get involved in.

It's not off, it's on standby until Tam and Bycrest are ready. And I'm definitely expecting Damian to be there, i think you're one of my absolutes for being there, because of the whole League angle. Lemme re-read your last post real fast and see if I get any ideas. :)

Lic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Lic wrote:

Okay, Thanks! :) So, how do feel about something happening between Mary and Tim. Doesn't necessarily have to be romantic but like a storyline? And if you had your choice, would you prefer the docks or the mansion?

Personally, I’d like a teamup between Dick and Tim to happen, it would have an old-pal-mentor vibe that would be nice. So I’d preferably go wherever Nightwing is.

Also, something between Mary and Tim would be cool!
Last edited by Lic on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:54 pm

Personally, I’d like a teamup between Dick and Tim to happen, it would have an old-pal-mentor vibe that would be nice. So I’d preferably go wherever Nightwing is.

Also, something between Mary and Tim would be cool!

That's right, Tim is Dick's number one fan, isn't he? Okay, thanks. :)

And Haedros! :D Nice to see ya! Great post! :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse