NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:13 am

@Yaana- Have fun!

@Pax Nerdvana- Okay, cool.

@Tamrida- Of course you can still join! Submit a character app here for approval and I'll look it over!

@Frozen Forest- Well, Gotham University Library is currently under attack by a horde of mind-controlled animals but Babs has got it under control! Oh, there are a couple girls in a car that could use the assistance of either White Seraph and/or Gunslinger.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:32 am

United States of Brainy wrote:
@Shadowwell- Define "minimal." I would love to have any of those three characters but choose one.

Well, if i am restricted to just one, i would have to go with Grundy, the character i played in both the New Gotham and The Coming Storm. Depending i will start with him having either been in combat with the justice league, maybe, then his body landing in gotham, or have him start out with one group or another. To start Grundy will be in one of his weaker, less intelligent incarnations.

By minimal it means 1-3 times a week at the most, as i do not currently have internet access at my home, and thus must go elsewhere for it.

Additionally, is it required for a character to start with a faction?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:37 am

Well, it took me a while, but I have finished my app:
Redacted

I first planned to make the Merrymaker and reform the League of Smiles (not Joker themed this time around) but then seeing the hero to villain ratio, as well as seeing that Scarecrow is a character as well, I decied to go with my own guy to try it out.
Last edited by Tamrida on Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:24 am

Shadowwell wrote:
Well, if i am restricted to just one, i would have to go with Grundy, the character i played in both the New Gotham and The Coming Storm. Depending i will start with him having either been in combat with the justice league, maybe, then his body landing in gotham, or have him start out with one group or another. To start Grundy will be in one of his weaker, less intelligent incarnations.

By minimal it means 1-3 times a week at the most, as i do not currently have internet access at my home, and thus must go elsewhere for it.

Additionally, is it required for a character to start with a faction?

All of that sounds good, Shadow! :) 1-3 per week is fine. And the only reason I'm restricting new players to one character starting out is that I need to see how they post IC and whether they're committed to the story. Letting a new player take on three characters only to have them drop out the following week isn't too smart. Once I see a couple IC posts and feel safe that you're sticking around, I'll let ya have more characters. :) Get an app for Grundy written up and I'll look it over for approval.

And no, you don't need to belong to a faction.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Heavy WIP App

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:35 am

Villain APP:
Name/Alias: Solomon Grundy (born Cyrus Gold)
Appearance: Image
Personality: TBD
Faction: None, yet
Affiliation: None, yet
Race: Grundy is Grundy, Zombie plant thing, most likely
Backstory: The being known as Solomon Grundy has a rather enigmatic past, and not even he is aware of his true origins most of the time. The earliest memory Grundy possesses is of being a ruthless gangster known as Cyrus Gold, a man so ruthless many legends are still told of him. Cyrus Gold was a man amongst men, but though a fan of all the 7 sins, he was particularly fond of Greed, and it was this fondness that eventually led to Cyrus Gold dying. He had become rather infamous in Gotham, and his desire for riches and more power led him into conflict with others in Gotham. They set a trap for him, and he fell for it, his greed getting the better of him.

The story of Cyrus Gold story did not end just with his death however, he was so feared and hated that his corpse was thrown into a cursed swamp.
Powers/Weapons/Tech: Limited Plant Manipulation: When GRund
Ressurection: Grundy, well, due to the curses cast upon him he cannot stay dead. Whenever he is killed
Super Strength and Endurance: Grundy is monstrously strong, even for his size, capable of moving many hundred of pounds easily. He is also extremely tough and slow to tire, if he even does.
Undead Physiology: Being what he is Grundy is for all intents and purposes dead,
Weaknesses:While certainly cabaple of being powerful, his power is fickle, sometimes when he resurrects he is mindless, others a weakling that normal humans can beat, others he is smarter than the Riddler or stronger than superman. Fire can hurt him easier than most, but cn be ineffective if of magical origins or if he is in the sun, as he heals faster or almost as fast as it can damage him.
Skills:TBD
RP Examples: TBD
Extra Information (Optional, and for enjoyment and Immersion)
Day Job: None
Living place: Gotham Sewers, maybe
Voice Actor: Lou Ferrigno (Because why not get the Incredible Hulks voice actor to do it)
Likes/Dislikes:
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules? Nope, maybe, possibly,

will finish this later
Last edited by Shadowwell on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:36 am

Tamrida wrote:]
I first planned to make the Merrymaker and reform the League of Smiles (not Joker themed this time around) but then seeing the hero to villain ratio, as well as seeing that Scarecrow is a character as well, I decied to go with my own guy to try it out.

Great app! I really like Fear Doctor. :) Couple things though- Even though there's a Scarecrow on the roster, right now, it's doubtful whether or not the rp'er playing him is actually gonna get around to IC posting. So there might not be a Scarecrow. FD's only real 'power' is the anti-fear serum he fires out of his gas gun. Maybe have his gas gun fire a variety of gases just so he's not dependent on having Scarecrow around? Or did you want to go with Merrymaker or another character? Don't worry about the ratio, I can always use more villains. ;)

If you prefer to go with Fear Doctor as is, I have no problem with that, consider him accepted. :)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:44 am

Tamrida wrote:]

Great app! I really like Fear Doctor. :) Couple things though- Even though there's a Scarecrow on the roster, right now, it's doubtful whether or not the rp'er playing him is actually gonna get around to IC posting. So there might not be a Scarecrow. FD's only real 'power' is the anti-fear serum he fires out of his gas gun. Maybe have his gas gun fire a variety of gases just so he's not dependent on having Scarecrow around? Or did you want to go with Merrymaker or another character? Don't worry about the ratio, I can always use more villains. ;)

If you prefer to go with Fear Doctor as is, I have no problem with that, consider him accepted. :)

Ah, I see...

Well, after going through the IC and not seeing anything for Scarecrow posted yet, the corner my character is mostly in (because I made them to be a Scarecrow rival) with out rethinking and revamping a lot of their stuff imo, and because there is no problem with having too many villains, I believe that I will give Merrymaker the come back that he Disserves! (And maybe work with Scarecrow like in that one comic plot line :p)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Tamrida wrote:Ah, I see...

Well, after going through the IC and not seeing anything for Scarecrow posted yet, the corner my character is mostly in (because I made them to be a Scarecrow rival) with out rethinking and revamping a lot of their stuff imo, and because there is no problem with having too many villains, I believe that I will give Merrymaker the come back that he Disserves! (And maybe work with Scarecrow like in that one comic plot line :p)

Hahaha, oh puns, I can't help but love them. :lol: Okay, Merry sounds like a plan. And hey, having looked through the IC, if any story ideas come to mind, don't hesitate to share! I'm always open to more good ideas. :)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:22 pm

Tamrida wrote:Ah, I see...

Hahaha, oh puns, I can't help but love them. :lol: Okay, Merry sounds like a plan. And hey, having looked through the IC, if any story ideas come to mind, don't hesitate to share! I'm always open to more good ideas. :)

Shoot, that was an autocorrect problem! Glad you enjoyed the puns, ha-ha-ha *sweats nervously*.

As for story ideas, I planned on reforming the League of Smiles, except not Joker themed this time around.

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Quick question, can any of the Co-ops play as The Penguin for a sec after I make my post? I have Riddler going to the Iceberg Lounge to recruit some henchmen and I'd like that to actually be played out instead of just saying it was done and not interacting with anyone.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:47 pm

Bycrest wrote:Quick question, can any of the Co-ops play as The Penguin for a sec after I make my post? I have Riddler going to the Iceberg Lounge to recruit some henchmen and I'd like that to actually be played out instead of just saying it was done and not interacting with anyone.

I'd love to play Penguin for ya! I won't be free to post for a couple hours yet, as long as that's not a problem. Did you want classic comic book Pengy or Gotham TV show Pengy as far as characterization?

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Bycrest wrote:Quick question, can any of the Co-ops play as The Penguin for a sec after I make my post? I have Riddler going to the Iceberg Lounge to recruit some henchmen and I'd like that to actually be played out instead of just saying it was done and not interacting with anyone.

I'd love to play Penguin for ya! I won't be free to post for a couple hours yet, as long as that's not a problem. Did you want classic comic book Pengy or Gotham TV show Pengy as far as characterization?

Classic Penguin is fine, I actually need an older version of him because I'm running with him being "retired" but still with connections. Also, I've seen the Gotham version and his interactions with Riddler, not what I really need here. I know you probably wouldn't play it like that but I've gotten bored with that version of him.

Also, I'm fine with waiting a couple hours. i'm technically at work while I'm writing my post.
Last edited by Bycrest on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:40 pm

Faction APP
Faction Name: League of Smiles
Nature: Villain
Leader: Dr. Byron Meredith/Merrymaker
Secret Base: N/A
Goals: Basically whatever Merrymaker wants to do.
History: Originally started so that the Merrymaker could manipulate the Joker obsessed people of Gotham to create chaos so that he could have a distraction for the police so he wouldn't get caught in his murder attempts, his members turned against him when they realized his manipulation and Batman both prevented the murder of the Merrymaker's ex-wife and disbanded the gang. Now that Batman and the Joker are gone, and the Merrymaker now escaped from Arkham Asylum, he plans on reforming the gang, away from his Joker charade and centered around him, where he plans to manipulate the people of Gotham who feel confused and lost without the leadership and guidance of both Batman or the Joker to his will.

There is so little information on many points of the App, I am going to pull some of the stuff from my other one and also just make some stuff up.
Villain APP:
Name/Alias: Dr. Byron Meredith/Merrymaker
Age: 38 (I have seen him as both a young and old character depending, so I decided to put him in the middle age range for this RP.)
Appearance:

Personality: While he is not psychotic or insane like some other villains, Merrymaker is very cruel and manipulative. He is also fairly selfish, using others so that he can get what he wants. However, he is not completely devoid of humanity and emotion.
Faction: League of Smiles
Affiliation: Mostly himself, although occasionally goes to the Iceberg Lounge from time to time.
Race: Human (American)
Backstory: Originally a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum, Dr. Byron Meredith was known for his unusual and cruel rehabilitation techniques, including torture, to try to correct the phycology of his patients. However, when he decided to tackle the phycology of the Joker, being only one of two doctors to do so, he realized what kind of influence the Joker had over the broken people of Gotham and realized that rehabilitation was useless on them, but that manipulation would work great on getting them to do what he wants. While the other psychiatrist became a lackey for the Joker, Dr. Meredith started to study the Joker more intensely to try to learn how to be as influential as he was and eventually was fired from Arkham. With the firing, he then decided to move on to the next step of his plan and he opened a private therapy practice for the Joker obsessed. Doing this, he managed to learn what drives the people to become inspired by the Joker and selected four targets that he believed would be simple to manipulate. Creating the persona of the Merrymaker, he managed to convince the four people that he was telling them what the joker wanted to do and used them to create chaos so that the police and Batman would be distracted when he went to commit his murders. However, he was eventually stopped by Batman after his followers learned of the manipulation and turned on him and he was thrown into Arkham Asylum.

He remained in Arkham for a long time until one day he managed to escape and joined up with other scientists, such as his associate with the Joker back when they worked in Arkham, Harleen, as well as the Scarecrow, in a plot to take out Batman using the brainwashed friends and allies of Batman to do so and then work on Scarecrow's fear experiments. The plot failed and Merrymaker was returned to prison, where after Batman and the Jokers sudden departure, he managed to escape just before it became a privatized prison system under Deathstroke. Now he plots his new rise to power as the Merrymaker, leading his revamped League of Smiles, while working secretly as a Psychologist, attempting to find new members for him to lead.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
  • Powers: N/A
  • Weapons: Knives
  • Tech: Mask prevents harmful toxins, poisons, gases, etc. from getting in, Mask lenses have night vision capabilities, Mask masks wear's voice
Weaknesses: Arrogant, Selfish, Not a combatant at all
Skills: Manipulation, High intelligence, Leadership, Medicine
RP Examples: See previous application.
Extra Information
Day Job: Private Psychiatrist
Living place: South Channel Island, his own house
Voice Actor: N/A
Likes/Dislikes:
  • Dislikes: Batman, Losing, Being a follower
Theme Song: N/A
Did you read the rules? Yes
Last edited by Tamrida on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Arkham Asylum needs to start screening their psychologists.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Auphelia wrote:Arkham Asylum needs to start screening their psychologists.

Yes, very much so.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Tamrida wrote:
Faction APP
Faction Name: League of Smiles
Nature: Villain
Leader: Dr. Byron Meredith/Merrymaker
Secret Base: N/A
Goals: Basically whatever Merrymaker wants to do.
History: Originally started so that the Merrymaker could manipulate the Joker obsessed people of Gotham to create chaos so that he could have a distraction for the police so he wouldn't get caught in his murder attempts, his members turned against him when they realized his manipulation and Batman both prevented the murder of the Merrymaker's ex-wife and disbanded the gang. Now that Batman and the Joker are gone, and the Merrymaker now escaped from Arkham Asylum, he plans on reforming the gang, away from his Joker charade and centered around him, where he plans to manipulate the people of Gotham who feel confused and lost without the leadership and guidance of both Batman or the Joker to his will.

There is so little information on many points of the App, I am going to pull some of the stuff from my other one and also just make some stuff up.
Villain APP:
Name/Alias: Dr. Byron Meredith/Merrymaker
Age: 38 (I have seen him as both a young and old character depending, so I decided to put him in the middle age range for this RP.)
Appearance:

Personality: While he is not psychotic or insane like some other villains, Merrymaker is very cruel and manipulative. He is also fairly selfish, using others so that he can get what he wants. However, he is not completely devoid of humanity and emotion.
Faction: League of Smiles
Affiliation: Mostly himself, although occasionally goes to the Iceberg Lounge from time to time.
Race: Human (American)
Backstory: Originally a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum, Dr. Byron Meredith was known for his unusual and cruel rehabilitation techniques, including torture, to try to correct the phycology of his patients. However, when he decided to tackle the phycology of the Joker, being only one of two doctors to do so, he realized what kind of influence the Joker had over the broken people of Gotham and realized that rehabilitation was useless on them, but that manipulation would work great on getting them to do what he wants. While the other psychiatrist became a lackey for the Joker, Dr. Meredith started to study the Joker more intensely to try to learn how to be as influential as he was and eventually was fired from Arkham. With the firing, he then decided to move on to the next step of his plan and he opened a private therapy practice for the Joker obsessed. Doing this, he managed to learn what drives the people to become inspired by the Joker and selected four targets that he believed would be simple to manipulate. Creating the persona of the Merrymaker, he managed to convince the four people that he was telling them what the joker wanted to do and used them to create chaos so that the police and Batman would be distracted when he went to commit his murders. However, he was eventually stopped by Batman after his followers learned of the manipulation and turned on him and he was thrown into Arkham Asylum.

He remained in Arkham for a long time until one day he managed to escape and joined up with other scientists, such as his associate with the Joker back when they worked in Arkham, Harleen, as well as the Scarecrow, in a plot to take out Batman using the brainwashed friends and allies of Batman to do so and then work on Scarecrow's fear experiments. The plot failed and Merrymaker was returned to prison, where after Batman and the Jokers sudden departure, he managed to escape just before it became a privatized prison system under Deathstroke. Now he plots his new rise to power as the Merrymaker, leading his revamped League of Smiles, while working secretly as a Psychologist, attempting to find new members for him to lead.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
  • Powers: N/A
  • Weapons: Knives
  • Tech: Mask prevents harmful toxins, poisons, gases, etc. from getting in, Mask lenses have night vision capabilities, Mask masks wear's voice
Weaknesses: Arrogant, Selfish, Not a combatant at all
Skills: Manipulation, High intelligence, Leadership, Medicine
RP Examples: See previous application.
Extra Information
Day Job: Private Psychiatrist
Living place: South Channel Island, his own house
Voice Actor: N/A
Likes/Dislikes:[list][*]Likes: Control over others, Psychiatry, Getting his way[*]Dislikes: Batman, Losing, Being a follower
Theme Song: N/A
Did you read the rules? Yes

ACCEPTED! :)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:09 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:ACCEPTED! :)

Boy, that was a really excited "accepted"! :p

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Anyways, my post is up, do either the Toddler or Penguin want to do a discussion?

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Tamrida wrote:Anyways, my post is up, do either the Toddler or Penguin want to do a discussion?

The Toddler is a terrifying villain.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Ormata wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Anyways, my post is up, do either the Toddler or Penguin want to do a discussion?

The Toddler is a terrifying villain.

Flipping autocorrect, I meant the Riddler! Yeah, only second most terrifying behind the Penny Plunderer.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:19 pm

Post up soon.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:23 pm

Wait, what?! Who the hell is The Toddler?! :lol: Is he like Condiment Man but worse? :lol:

And yes, Tamrida, you'll find me just full of enthusiasm! It's from the ridiculously unhealthy amounts of caffeine I ingest on a daily basis! And speaking of enthusiasm, great posts FF and Tam! You too, Bycrest! :)

And love your new pic, Auphelia! :)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:30 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Wait, what?! Who the hell is The Toddler?! :lol: Is he like Condiment Man but worse? :lol:

And yes, Tamrida, you'll find me just full of enthusiasm! It's from the ridiculously unhealthy amounts of caffeine I ingest on a daily basis! And speaking of enthusiasm, great posts FF and Tam! You too, Bycrest! :)

And love your new pic, Auphelia! :)

For your information, it is the CONDIMENT KING! And he is nothing like the Toddler, he is more in line with the likes of Calendar Man and Clock King.

Also, GO ENTHUSIASM! And thanks, your post was great as well.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Tamrida wrote:For your information, it is the CONDIMENT KING! And he is nothing like the Toddler, he is more in line with the likes of Calendar Man and Clock King.

Also, GO ENTHUSIASM! And thanks, your post was great as well.

Oh, apologies, your majesty. :p

And thanks!

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:37 pm

I still don't know who The Toddler is??? The only thing I found is that he's a Henry Danger villain. Is that who we're talking about?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse