NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Ormata wrote:
Fair, fair. She's fairly capable in terms of preemptive surveillance, though, so I'm going to assume Babs will know a little bit about Isaac's history. After all, he did go into Arkham voluntarily and had half his face start to just...turn to ash. He's just a bit of an anomaly that way.



You said in your bio that Isaac needs to steal food occasionally. Maybe, he decides to steal food from the University commissary after hours and gets noticed by Babs when she's walking back to her apartment after hours? Or maybe he gets the attention of White Seraph because the guy works in a church and Isaac seems like a bit of a charity case.

User avatar
Ormata
Senator
 
Posts: 3772
Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ormata » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:14 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Ormata wrote:
Fair, fair. She's fairly capable in terms of preemptive surveillance, though, so I'm going to assume Babs will know a little bit about Isaac's history. After all, he did go into Arkham voluntarily and had half his face start to just...turn to ash. He's just a bit of an anomaly that way.


You said in your bio that Isaac needs to steal food occasionally. Maybe, he decides to steal food from the University commissary after hours and gets noticed by Babs when she's walking back to her apartment after hours? Or maybe he gets the attention of White Seraph because the guy works in a church and Isaac seems like a bit of a charity case.


I said he...needs to steal food occasionally? No, not that I recall.

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Ormata wrote:I said he...needs to steal food occasionally? No, not that I recall.


"While he’s used to staying under cover, used to staying quiet in regards to the law about him, Isaac is not immune from the wants that come from being virtually untouchable. As a result, he is prone towards fits of thievery. This has, however, been lessened heavily due to Isaac’s time in Arkham and time alone. It takes a good deal of will to not perform these actions."

From your bio. Ha, I wonder why I took that to mean food. I guess from everything you've described about Isaac's existence, he does seem a little like a vagrant. i mean, where does he live? What does he do for money?

User avatar
Ormata
Senator
 
Posts: 3772
Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ormata » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:22 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Ormata wrote:I said he...needs to steal food occasionally? No, not that I recall.


"While he’s used to staying under cover, used to staying quiet in regards to the law about him, Isaac is not immune from the wants that come from being virtually untouchable. As a result, he is prone towards fits of thievery. This has, however, been lessened heavily due to Isaac’s time in Arkham and time alone. It takes a good deal of will to not perform these actions."

From your bio. Ha, I wonder why I took that to mean food. I guess from everything you've described about Isaac's existence, he does seem a little like a vagrant. i mean, where does he live? What does he do for money?


That means he's a bit of a kleptomaniac in terms of most things not nailed down that can fit into pockets. That stated I'm sure that, in a roam through a University commissary, he'd pick up something he wouldn't even recall picking up. In terms of where he lives, an apartment in the East End, low rent and rather...shitty. In terms of what he does for money, he does part time work as an online artist, which any artist can tell you is rather underwhelming in terms of pay, and is partially supported by the Followers of the Hood. He offsets this with food banks that probably are run by the Wayne Foundation, to be honest, and so...yeah. Charity case.

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Ormata wrote:
That means he's a bit of a kleptomaniac in terms of most things not nailed down that can fit into pockets. That stated I'm sure that, in a roam through a University commissary, he'd pick up something he wouldn't even recall picking up. In terms of where he lives, an apartment in the East End, low rent and rather...shitty. In terms of what he does for money, he does part time work as an online artist, which any artist can tell you is rather underwhelming in terms of pay, and is partially supported by the Followers of the Hood. He offsets this with food banks that probably are run by the Wayne Foundation, to be honest, and so...yeah. Charity case.


Oh, that's right! He's an online artist, I forgot about that! Sorry! Hmm...maybe he could be roaming around the library, trying to steal an art book and Babs catches him?

User avatar
Yaana Noore
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1126
Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Yaana Noore » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:29 pm

Dentali wrote:I'd love to be a villain in this but it seems like they outnumber heroes a bit

Just go for who you like right now. Is it a DC character or OC?

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12017
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:
Dentali wrote:I'd love to be a villain in this but it seems like they outnumber heroes a bit

Just go for who you like right now. Is it a DC character or OC?



Id like to try an OC

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12017
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:32 pm

WIP

Morally Ambiguous App:
Name/Alias: Glen Anderson/ Spike
Age: Late 20s, early 30s
Gender: M
Appearance:
Image
Personality: Fairly dry wit and humor, selfish but has a personal moral code, high opinion of himself
Faction: Independent
Race: Enhanced Human
Backstory: Anderson was experimented on as a kid by PROJECT CADMUS before being rescued by the Justice League. Unable to remember his previous life before his kidnapping and with no one claiming him he would begin bouncing between foster homes until he was 16 when his powers began to manifest. Since then he ran away from home falling in with gangs and thieves.

His unique abilities caught the attention of various superpowered thieves but he would finally fall in with the non powered master thief Cassandra Kani. Together they would travel the world, with Anderson learning the trade and receiving a sophisticated education. After half a decade together Anderson decided to strike out on his own, returning to America and traveling the east coast eventually settling in Gotham. WIth batman abandoning the city Anderson adopted the persona Spike.

Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Bone Manipulation- Complete control over his bone, which he can grow, shape and manipulate at will even using them as projectiles, Bone Armor and Weapons
Superhuman Durability- Not bulletproof but damn close
Healing Factor- Skin Heals after Bone Growth and Injuries
Enhanced Senses- Vastly Augmented Sensory range
Olympic Level Athlete- Speed, Strength and Agility of an Olympian
Weaknesses:
Bone Manipulation Hurts and doing it too much can cause him to pass out
New City- Has no connections in Gotham
Doesn’t Kill
Fight another day- When possible he will flee rather than fight
Skills:Thief Skills- Very sneaky and stealthy, can pick locks
Hacking- Not too good at hacking but has enough knowledge to get through lower grade systems
Hand to Hand Combat- Has Black Belt level fighting skills

RP Examples: (At least Two regardless of whether i have rp'ed with you before or not)
Extra Information (Optional, and for enjoyment and Immersion)
Day Job: N/A
Living Place: Loft Apartment
Voice Actor: Matthew Mercer
Likes/Dislikes: Likes concerts and indie music, mild claustrophobia,
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules? Yep
Last edited by Dentali on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:34 pm

Dentali wrote:WIP

Morally Ambiguous App:
Name/Alias: Glen Anderson/ Spike
Age: Late 20s, early 30s
Gender: M
Appearance:
(Image)
Personality: Fairly dry wit and humor, selfish but has a personal moral code, high opinion of himself
Faction: Independent
Race: Enhanced Human
Backstory: Anderson was experimented on as a kid by PROJECT CADMUS before being rescued by the Justice League. Unable to remember his previous life before his kidnapping and with no one claiming him he would begin bouncing between foster homes until he was 16 when his powers began to manifest. Since then he ran away from home falling in with gangs and thieves.

His unique abilities caught the attention of various superpowered thieves but he would finally fall in with the non powered master thief Cassandra Kani. Together they would travel the world, with Anderson learning the trade and receiving a sophisticated education. After half a decade together Anderson decided to strike out on his own, returning to America and traveling the east coast eventually settling in Gotham. WIth batman abandoning the city Anderson adopted the persona Spike.

Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Bone Manipulation- Complete control over his bone, which he can grow, shape and manipulate at will even using them as projectiles, Bone Armor and Weapons
Superhuman Durability- Not bulletproof but damn close
Healing Factor- Skin Heals after Bone Growth and Injuries
Enhanced Senses- Vastly Augmented Sensory range
Olympic Level Athlete- Speed, Strength and Agility of an Olympian
Weaknesses:
Bone Manipulation Hurts and doing it too much can cause him to pass out
New City- Has no connections in Gotham
Doesn’t Kill
Fight another day- When possible he will flee rather than fight
Skills:Thief Skills- Very sneaky and stealthy, can pick locks
Hacking- Not too good at hacking but has enough knowledge to get through lower grade systems
Hand to Hand Combat- Has Black Belt level fighting skills

RP Examples: (At least Two regardless of whether i have rp'ed with you before or not)
Extra Information (Optional, and for enjoyment and Immersion)
Day Job: N/A
Living Place: Loft Apartment
Voice Actor: Matthew Mercer
Likes/Dislikes: Likes concerts and indie music, mild claustrophobia,
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules? Yep



I LIKE THIS GUY! :clap:

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12017
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:34 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Dentali wrote:WIP

Morally Ambiguous App:
Name/Alias: Glen Anderson/ Spike
Age: Late 20s, early 30s
Gender: M
Appearance:
(Image)
Personality: Fairly dry wit and humor, selfish but has a personal moral code, high opinion of himself
Faction: Independent
Race: Enhanced Human
Backstory: Anderson was experimented on as a kid by PROJECT CADMUS before being rescued by the Justice League. Unable to remember his previous life before his kidnapping and with no one claiming him he would begin bouncing between foster homes until he was 16 when his powers began to manifest. Since then he ran away from home falling in with gangs and thieves.

His unique abilities caught the attention of various superpowered thieves but he would finally fall in with the non powered master thief Cassandra Kani. Together they would travel the world, with Anderson learning the trade and receiving a sophisticated education. After half a decade together Anderson decided to strike out on his own, returning to America and traveling the east coast eventually settling in Gotham. WIth batman abandoning the city Anderson adopted the persona Spike.

Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Bone Manipulation- Complete control over his bone, which he can grow, shape and manipulate at will even using them as projectiles, Bone Armor and Weapons
Superhuman Durability- Not bulletproof but damn close
Healing Factor- Skin Heals after Bone Growth and Injuries
Enhanced Senses- Vastly Augmented Sensory range
Olympic Level Athlete- Speed, Strength and Agility of an Olympian
Weaknesses:
Bone Manipulation Hurts and doing it too much can cause him to pass out
New City- Has no connections in Gotham
Doesn’t Kill
Fight another day- When possible he will flee rather than fight
Skills:Thief Skills- Very sneaky and stealthy, can pick locks
Hacking- Not too good at hacking but has enough knowledge to get through lower grade systems
Hand to Hand Combat- Has Black Belt level fighting skills

RP Examples: (At least Two regardless of whether i have rp'ed with you before or not)
Extra Information (Optional, and for enjoyment and Immersion)
Day Job: N/A
Living Place: Loft Apartment
Voice Actor: Matthew Mercer
Likes/Dislikes: Likes concerts and indie music, mild claustrophobia,
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules? Yep



I LIKE THIS GUY! :clap:



kinda going for gambit/catwoman kinda deal

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Dentali wrote: kinda going for gambit/catwoman kinda deal


Yes, he and Batgirl definitely have to meet up! :)

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12017
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:41 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Dentali wrote: kinda going for gambit/catwoman kinda deal


Yes, he and Batgirl definitely have to meet up! :)



He would probably help her out from time to time, but he'd also probably knock her out at the end of a mission to steal something

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:42 pm

Dentali wrote: He would probably help her out from time to time, but he'd also probably knock her out at the end of a mission to steal something


YES!!! Now I'm LOVING this guy!!! :bow:

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Hey, Ormata, still around? You've been quiet all of a sudden. :p

User avatar
Ormata
Senator
 
Posts: 3772
Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ormata » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:49 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Hey, Ormata, still around? You've been quiet all of a sudden. :p


Him stealing a book is possible, I admit, roaming-about and just sort of picking something up without realizing it.

This stated, Spike should get a little bit more of a backstory on stuffs, ye? Man seems to have a rather storied past.

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Ormata wrote:
Him stealing a book is possible, I admit, roaming-about and just sort of picking something up without realizing it.

This stated, Spike should get a little bit more of a backstory on stuffs, ye? Man seems to have a rather storied past.


Yep, definitely can see him just picking up stuff that ain't even his without even realizing it. :p And hey, I'm not the OP here so I'll let Flutter do the heavy critiquing when it comes to character bios. :p

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12017
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Ormata wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Hey, Ormata, still around? You've been quiet all of a sudden. :p


Him stealing a book is possible, I admit, roaming-about and just sort of picking something up without realizing it.

This stated, Spike should get a little bit more of a backstory on stuffs, ye? Man seems to have a rather storied past.



Yea its a WIP i j8ust wanted to get some feedback before i kept going

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Dentali wrote: Yea its a WIP i j8ust wanted to get some feedback before i kept going


Feedback is that I'm loving it! If he's anywhere near handsome underneath that mask, I'm swooning! :D

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12017
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:17 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Dentali wrote: Yea its a WIP i j8ust wanted to get some feedback before i kept going


Feedback is that I'm loving it! If he's anywhere near handsome underneath that mask, I'm swooning! :D



lol yet to decide what he actually looks like

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Hey Dentali and Ormata! :) Happy to see at least some people are around.

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12017
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:22 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Hey Dentali and Ormata! :) Happy to see at least some people are around.


is their an ic?

User avatar
United States of Brainy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1804
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Dentali wrote:
is their an ic?


Nope.

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12017
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:37 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Dentali wrote:
is their an ic?


Nope.



well that would help people post more....

User avatar
Haedros 92712
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1109
Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:40 pm

I’m still here
IVE GOT TOOOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!

Seriously I have way too much time to spend on RPs. It’s actually kinda sad.


Also I’m obsessed with JoJos Bizarre Adventure (if you didn’t notice.)

User avatar
The Flutterlands
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15157
Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Dentali wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:
Nope.



well that would help people post more....

I'm having trouble thinking of something.

I'm thinking of how to write out the University being under attack by the Gang of Freaks...
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Naval Monte, Woodstovia

Advertisement

Remove ads