NATION

PASSWORD

The Elder Scrolls: The Gibbering's Gambit [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Entwood
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Entwood » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:14 am

Strength and Order wrote:
Entwood wrote:
My apologies, but i don't understand prehistoric Italian/copyright infringing Greek.

"Furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed."

Ah, thanks.

Entwood wrote:
That he could not take Rome wasn't really his fault to be honest. The failure of the Carthaginians to back him up properly, his brothers defeat and the interception of the Messenger to Macadonia were all out of his personal control. There wasn't much more he could do than what he did already.

He was a master at the logistics, won battles that pretty much anyone else would have lost and singlehandedly redefined the usage of mercenaries. Hannibal is not just regarded as a great strategist and tactician, he was a great strategist and tactician, he merely failed on the political/diplomatic level (to a certain degree his own fault and to a certain degree just bad luck).

I'd rather doubt the simular status of, for example, Napoleon than i would doubt that status of Hannibal.

Some people only like the winners and Hannibal didn't win, therefor his grandeur must obviously be exaggerated.

It's a logic I understand, but don't approve of.

Honestly, i don't even want to understand that kind of logic as it simply ignores the whole story.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:55 am

Entwood wrote:
My apologies, but i don't understand prehistoric Italian/copyright infringing Greek.

"Furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed."

Entwood wrote:
That he could not take Rome wasn't really his fault to be honest. The failure of the Carthaginians to back him up properly, his brothers defeat and the interception of the Messenger to Macadonia were all out of his personal control. There wasn't much more he could do than what he did already.

He was a master at the logistics, won battles that pretty much anyone else would have lost and singlehandedly redefined the usage of mercenaries. Hannibal is not just regarded as a great strategist and tactician, he was a great strategist and tactician, he merely failed on the political/diplomatic level (to a certain degree his own fault and to a certain degree just bad luck).

I'd rather doubt the simular status of, for example, Napoleon than i would doubt that status of Hannibal.

Some people only like the winners and Hannibal didn't win, therefor his grandeur must obviously be exaggerated.

It's a logic I understand, but don't approve of.

I was not questioning his ability to win battles.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:17 pm

Was going to post, but then Microsoft @ E3 happened

hlep
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:56 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:Was going to post, but then Microsoft @ E3 happened

hlep

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:26 pm

Got off work, so I decided to look at my subscriptions on Youtube, especially since I'm subscribed to Bethesda and certain gaming channels, imagine my surprise when I saw it....

#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:37 pm

The teaser trailer is pretty useless.
"TES6 guys."
Not much else to glean from it.

Negarakita
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Negarakita » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Zanera wrote:The teaser trailer is pretty useless.
"TES6 guys."

It will have cool mountains
Muslim revert, supporting wasatiyyah for a true and moderate expression of our faith. Political centrist.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:51 pm

"TES6 guys."

^ this.

TES6, yay. That's about all we can get from it. I'm happy that another one's in the works, but the trailer was so generic and we know absolutely 0 about it to a point that I can't really get hyped yet.

Also, Skyrim Very Special Edition is a real thing.
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Entwood
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Entwood » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:25 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Got off work, so I decided to look at my subscriptions on Youtube, especially since I'm subscribed to Bethesda and certain gaming channels, imagine my surprise when I saw it....

"TES6 guys."

Negarakita wrote:
"TES6 guys."

It will have cool mountains

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:
"TES6 guys."

^ this.

TES6, yay. That's about all we can get from it. I'm happy that another one's in the works, but the trailer was so generic and we know absolutely 0 about it to a point that I can't really get hyped yet.

So, what do you all hope it will be? Personally, as a Orsimer fan i'd like to see High Rock/something Orsimer based, but apart from that i would also be interested in Elsweyr and the Black Marsh.
Last edited by Entwood on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Negarakita
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Negarakita » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:41 am

Entwood wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Got off work, so I decided to look at my subscriptions on Youtube, especially since I'm subscribed to Bethesda and certain gaming channels, imagine my surprise when I saw it....

"TES6 guys."

Negarakita wrote:It will have cool mountains

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:^ this.

So, what do you all hope it will be? Personally, as a Orsimer fan i'd like to see High Rock/something Orsimer based, but apart from that i would also be interested in Elsweyr and the Black Marsh.

All of tamriel? Pls daddy howard.

Otherwise High Rock would be cool, maybe the sunset isles?

Can't be Black Marsh and if it is I'm going to be a dunmer slaver, and Elsweyr is where the furries live and we can't be having furries in our games.
Muslim revert, supporting wasatiyyah for a true and moderate expression of our faith. Political centrist.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:30 am

Judging by the terrain footage shown in the teaser...

The terrain looks a lot like that of the Bangkorai zone in ESO - which is High Rock and Hammerfell. I'm suspecting one of those two, or both. Both would make sense in that in Morrowind, we had Red Mountain/Tower at the center of the map, in Oblivion White-Gold Tower at the center, and in Skyrim Snow Throat at the center - a Daggerfall 2.0 would put the Direnni Tower in the middle of the map, and with the whole Thalmor plan to see about ending linear time and such it makes sense for the Direnni Tower to play a part in it all, as one of the few remaining Towers.

The only match, terrain-wise, would be Elsweyr, but there weren't enough deserts or rainforests to see for that.
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:16 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:Judging by the terrain footage shown in the teaser...

The terrain looks a lot like that of the Bangkorai zone in ESO - which is High Rock and Hammerfell. I'm suspecting one of those two, or both. Both would make sense in that in Morrowind, we had Red Mountain/Tower at the center of the map, in Oblivion White-Gold Tower at the center, and in Skyrim Snow Throat at the center - a Daggerfall 2.0 would put the Direnni Tower in the middle of the map, and with the whole Thalmor plan to see about ending linear time and such it makes sense for the Direnni Tower to play a part in it all, as one of the few remaining Towers.

The only match, terrain-wise, would be Elsweyr, but there weren't enough deserts or rainforests to see for that.

I'm going with High Rock or Hammerfell, but leaning towards High Rock, mainly because of the architecture of the ruins/castle, the only other major feature in the teaser. It is most definitely western, and therefore I'm saying High Rock
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:26 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:Judging by the terrain footage shown in the teaser...

I'm going with High Rock or Hammerfell, but leaning towards High Rock, mainly because of the architecture of the ruins/castle, the only other major feature in the teaser. It is most definitely western, and therefore I'm saying High Rock

The only problem with trying to guess is that most regions in Tamriel have some kind of mountain range or coastline. We can probably rule out Cyrodiil, as it doesn't really have coastal mountains. High Rock is probably a pretty good guess, but Black Marsh also has coastal mountains with ruined castles scattered throughout. If you don't already know about them, a youtuber named Roshank did a video series almost two years back regarding ES VI. I suggest checking it out and seeing if we can compare his ideas to this landscape we just witnessed. (Disclaimer: I have not done so myself and it could still very much connect to High Rock the best)

Link to Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... u2ORa_l217
Last edited by Nuxipal on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Strength and Order
Diplomat

Founded: May 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Strength and Order » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:29 am

Looks a bit too dry to be High Rock.

I'd say Hammerfell or Elsweyr are most likely as they have the driest climates, leaning toward Hammerfell as it's more mountainous than Elsweyr IIRC.
Are YOU an enemy of HYDRA?
Pro & Anti
This is an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE HYDRA; It was not the Nazi science division nor does it worship Hive, who does not exist in this universe. Please read the factbooks before making ignorant comments chocking it down to "Nazi Cultists".

8 1 9 12 8 25 4 18 1

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:31 am

Elsweyr's coast is mostly rainforest-y as well.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:40 am

Looked at a map and all of Valenwood's mountains are far from the coast. Guess it's not Valenwood.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Zanera wrote:Looked at a map and all of Valenwood's mountains are far from the coast. Guess it's not Valenwood.

It definitely isn't.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Strength and Order wrote:Looks a bit too dry to be High Rock.

I'd say Hammerfell or Elsweyr are most likely as they have the driest climates, leaning toward Hammerfell as it's more mountainous than Elsweyr IIRC.

Hammerfell would be an interesting place. It's not in the Empire nor the Dominion. A battleground zone in which both try and influence the region to associate either with the empire or against it, as the Thalmor won't expect them to join them against the Empire.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:43 pm

I'm still going to insist, for now, that it's Illiac Bay ;)

Can't have a TES game without a Tower at the center of the map + story in one way or another!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Strength and Order
Diplomat

Founded: May 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Strength and Order » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:02 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:I'm still going to insist, for now, that it's Illiac Bay ;)

Can't have a TES game without a Tower at the center of the map + story in one way or another!

Whose to say there isn't a tower in Hammerfell?

Nuxipal wrote:
Strength and Order wrote:Looks a bit too dry to be High Rock.

Hammerfell would be an interesting place. It's not in the Empire nor the Dominion. A battleground zone in which both try and influence the region to associate either with the empire or against it, as the Thalmor won't expect them to join them against the Empire.

Considering how incompetent the Thalmor are, I wouldn't be surprised that they wouldn't expect two human realms they wronged in recent years uniting against them.
Are YOU an enemy of HYDRA?
Pro & Anti
This is an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE HYDRA; It was not the Nazi science division nor does it worship Hive, who does not exist in this universe. Please read the factbooks before making ignorant comments chocking it down to "Nazi Cultists".

8 1 9 12 8 25 4 18 1

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:10 pm

Well - we know there isn't a Tower in Hammerfell.

Yokuda had one, but it got destroyed along with most of that continent.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:13 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:I'm still going to insist, for now, that it's Illiac Bay ;)

So Daggerfall 2:Peace of the West Returns?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Ralnis wrote:

So Daggerfall 2:Peace of the West Returns?

Did you play the ESO prequel?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Zanera wrote:
Ralnis wrote:So Daggerfall 2:Peace of the West Returns?

No, guessing that there's something big I'm missing?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Zanera wrote:

No, guessing that there's something big I'm missing?

No, but you can go to those areas from Daggerfall I think and the graphics are improved this time.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse