NATION

PASSWORD

The Elder Scrolls: The Gibbering's Gambit [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:16 am

Entwood wrote:My characters have made a magical appearance on the roster it seems… I assume that means they're accepted?

It does indeed ;)
Derelldia wrote:Amelion Woodwing

Looks good - welcome aboard!
Tribe of Rinos wrote:Devthis Mirilis

Both the bio and the RP sample are a tad short - could you work on that? Besides those things there's nothing wrong with your app though!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Entwood
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Entwood » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:08 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:
Entwood wrote:My characters have made a magical appearance on the roster it seems… I assume that means they're accepted?

It does indeed ;)

Awesome! :)

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:06 am

P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Entwood
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Entwood » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:38 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:Big oof

I know that feeling :(

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:57 am

Entwood wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:Big oof

I know that feeling :(

Should have just gone up on the ledge and threw fire at him.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:57 am

My usual strategy is to sprint right past the guy, haha.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:05 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:My usual strategy is to sprint right past the guy, haha.

Wimp
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:08 am

But an alive wimp.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:10 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:But an alive wimp.

Never said it was a bad thing
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Strength and Order
Diplomat

Founded: May 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Strength and Order » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:25 am

>No Argonians

Tsk, tsk, Hist.
Are YOU an enemy of HYDRA?
Pro & Anti
This is an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE HYDRA; It was not the Nazi science division nor does it worship Hive, who does not exist in this universe. Please read the factbooks before making ignorant comments chocking it down to "Nazi Cultists".

8 1 9 12 8 25 4 18 1

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:39 am

Strength and Order wrote:>No Argonians

Tsk, tsk, Hist.

You say that like its a bad thing.

Strength and Order
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Strength and Order » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:50 am

Nuxipal wrote:

Tsk, tsk, Hist.

Hist give me strength...
Pro & Anti
This is an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE HYDRA; It was not the Nazi science division nor does it worship Hive, who does not exist in this universe. Please read the factbooks before making ignorant comments chocking it down to "Nazi Cultists".

8 1 9 12 8 25 4 18 1

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:55 am

Nuxipal wrote:

Tsk, tsk, Hist.

Argonians are property, right? ;)
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:59 am

Nuxipal wrote:

Argonians are property, right? ;)

Were, now we just kill them so that we don't have a repeat of what happened on many Dres Plantations. Khajiit, Orc, and Redguard make better plantation slaves anyway.

Entwood
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Entwood » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:03 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:My usual strategy is to sprint right past the guy, haha.

Should have done that… After my death at the first try i never bothered to face it again until i was level 25 or higher. Got a lot of sidequests done though.

Nuxipal wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:Argonians are property, right? ;)

Were, now we just kill them so that we don't have a repeat of what happened on many Dres Plantations. Khajiit, Orc, and Redguard make better plantation slaves anyway.

Last edited by Entwood on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Strength and Order
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Strength and Order » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:06 am

Nuxipal wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:Argonians are property, right? ;)

Redguard slaves?

Confederate States of Tamriel supporter I see.
Pro & Anti

8 1 9 12 8 25 4 18 1

Strength and Order
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Strength and Order » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:29 am

Gladly-Spills-Blood

Race: Argonian
Gender/Sex: Male
Class: Warrior
Equipment: Iron sword, Iron shield, Iron armor, Iron Axe (secondary weapon if disarmed), repair hammer
Skills: Block, Blade, Hand-to-Hand, Heavy Armor, Athletics, Armorer, Blunt
Weaknesses: Literally everything else
Bio: Gladly-Spills-Blood was born as a slave in Morrowind before it was outlawed by King Helseth Hlaalu. The Argonian never knew his parents, being told they had died in a bandit raid. He was moved around Tamriel as a child for several years, becoming a fighter in makeshift arenas for the entertainment of smugglers, pirates, bandits, and other vagabonds. It was here he received his name from his captors, in mocking reference to Cyrodilic Argonian names and his violent nature. When he was 17 he broke free as mercenaries assaulted the slaver's camp and viciously slaughtered both his captors and 'saviors' in the highlands of the Reach, he then escaped to Cyrodiil and joined the Imperial City Arena - having heard tales of it during his enslavement and lusting at the prospect of being able to legally kill. During this time the young Argonian warrior was known for being a cruel and bloodthirsty opponent, slaughtering blue team fighters with extreme prejudice - especially Dunmer. After a lengthy service in the Arena he grew bored of his relatively easy killing streak and left, joining up with the Blackwood Company. He despised them, viewing them as weak and pathetic, but he hated the Fighters Guild even more so he stuck around purely for the gold and violence until the Blackwood Company was disbanded. After which he briefly become a Daedra-hunter during the remainder of the Oblivion Crisis, and later a mercenary for hire after the Oblivion Crisis had ended. He has since served a number of lords and ladies across Tamriel in the midst of the succession crisis in the Empire, including the An-Xileel who employed him to exterminate their enemies outside of Black Marsh. Despite his service to the An-Xileel, he has never been to Argonia itself and has no desire to visit for reasons unclear. He has, however, visited every other province in Tamriel save for the Summurset Isles and Morrowind (after gaining his freedom). His most recent patron was an ambitious Nibanese noble who was eventually poisoned, thus ending his contract prematurely. Infuriated by this loss, he hunted down the assassin and the man who hired them as vengeance. It is rumored he was once approached by the Dark Brotherhood to join them, but turned down the offer because he found their religious nature "pathetic". He denies this rumor, instead claiming he once killed a Dark Brotherhood assassin sent after him.
RP Sample:
"It's done, then?" the Dark Elf asked, his eyebrow raised in irritation as the Argonian mercenary interrupted his private reading time. The Argonian simply nodded and pulled from his satchel the ear of an Orsimer, still coated in the fresh blood of it's former owner. "Alright, alright - put that disgusting thing anyway before you get blood on my fine rug. You've earned your gold, now take it and leave." the wealthy Dunmer tossed a bag of gold at the feet of the Argonian as he returned to his book. The Argonian simply stood in immobile silence, staring at his employer who did not notice at first. When at least he noticed that his patronage remained in his presence, he snarled at him. "Are you brain-dead? You got your gold, now leave!" he shouted, but the Argonian's stare only grew more hateful. Fear then overtook the Dunmer as the Argonian drew his blade, hissing as he did so. The nobleman jumped from his chair, "W-what are you doing?!" he exclaimed as the reptilian menaced toward him. "Listen... whatever they're paying you, I will pay you more!" the Dark Elf pleaded, though the Argonian simply chuckled wickedly as he inched closer to the Dunmer. "Wait, you don't want to do this..." he exclaimed, before grabbing a flower vase and throwing it at the Argonian - which narrowly missed - as he ran for the door. "Guards! Guards!" he shouted, right before the Argonian snatched the back of his collar in his claws. Just then, two burly figures burst through the door to study - a bulking Nord and an imposing Khajiit - their axes drawn. "Stop!" the Khajiit hissed, but the Argonian merely smiled as he slit the throat of his patron and shoved the body into the Nord. Infuriated, the Khajiit lunged at him, "You're dead, Argonian!" he shouted as he swung his weapon at the sellsword. The Argonian evaded him, however, and seized the feline's tail from behind. With a single strike of his sword, he cleaved off the Khajiit's tail - who then let out a cry of shrilling anguish. The Nord set aside his employer's corpse for a moment to strike at the Argonian while his back was turned, but the latter had heard the large brute coming and avoided his strike. Jumping onto a chair the reptilian mercenary lunged at the Nord from a height, shoving his sword into the northerner's right eye. The Nord screamed in pain, and tried desperately to remove the sword from his eye socket.

Meanwhile the Argonian had turned his attention back to the Khajiit, still writhing in pain from his lost appendage. Holding the cat's tail in hand, he wrapped it around it's former owner's neck - attempting to strangle him with it. The Khajiit struggled, clawing at his attacker's arms but did little more than dent his iron gauntlets. The struggle lasted a few moments before the Khajiit breathed his last breath, and the Argonian let his body slump to the ground as he turned his attention back to the Nord whom he had half-blinded. Having freed his eyesocket of the Argonian's sword, the infuriated Nord charged the Argonian in spite of his vision impairment. The Argonian took a brief stance before rolling between the Nord's legs, ending up behind him. The Argonian took out his shield, and as the Nord turned around, he whacked the northern giant in the face with it - knocking him to the ground. Disoriented, the Nord was unable to block further strikes on his head from the Argonian's shield, and the latter savagely beat him to a bloody pulp. Barely clinging to life, the Nord could do little more than moan as the Argonian drew his spar axe, licking his lips before embedding it in the Nord's skull - killing him.

His bloodlust satisfied, the Black Marsh native removed the axe from the Nord's mangled face and looted the bodies before picking up his payment from the fine, blood-stained rug and retrieving his sword as he left the manor. He made sure to tip over the candles downstairs, making sure they caught the drapes and set the estate ablaze. The Argonian casually strolled down the dirt road toward the nearby city, whistling a melodic tune along the way.

Personality: Violent, aggressive, hateful, loyal (unless your a Dunmer, then he'll stab you in the back)
Likes: Violence, alcohol, An-Xileel, vampires (for reasons unclear to all except him)
Neutral: Vampiric Dunmer (can't make up his mind about them)
Dislikes: People in general (though Dunmer especially), gods of any kind (Nine Divines, Daedric Princes, etc.), Colovian cheeses
Notes: He's actually a sad drunk, surprisingly. Give him some ale and he'll cry into his scales about how he hates life and just wants to die but is too much of a coward to kill himself, hence why he's always looking for fights. He's currently looking for an employer, and is well-known for his savage and barbaric (yet efficient and reasonably priced) services. He also doesn't actually hate Dunmer anymore than anyone else, he just sees his slave masters in the face of every Dunmer he meets because Dunmer all look alike to him. He knows they aren't his slave masters (after all, he did kill them), but he's too racist to care about semantics. Also in case it isn't clear: He has no friends, and is rather pathetic for a variety of reasons.
Last edited by Strength and Order on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pro & Anti

8 1 9 12 8 25 4 18 1

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:30 am

Strength and Order wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

Redguard slaves?

No, just an old school Morrowind supporter. Come to visit House Telvanni. I guarantee you that we have everything you want there.

Strength and Order
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Strength and Order » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:34 am

Nuxipal wrote:
Redguard slaves?

No, just an old school Morrowind supporter. Come to visit House Telvanni. I guarantee you that we have everything you want there.

Never played Morrowind, admittedly. I know, I know, "It's better than Skyrim!"

I'll take your word for it, as Skyrim is rather overrated. Bethesda's writing quality has been going rapidly downhill since Fallout 3. It gets worse every game they release.
Pro & Anti

8 1 9 12 8 25 4 18 1

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:59 am

Nuxipal wrote:

I'll take your word for it, as Skyrim is rather overrated. Bethesda's writing quality has been going rapidly downhill since Fallout 3. It gets worse every game they release.

It just had a more traditional RPG style compared to Skyrim. Actual Attribute stats and skills governed by those attributes vs just skills. It was the first elder scrolls game I played, so I have plenty of nostalgia associated with it.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:04 pm

Nuxipal wrote:

It just had a more traditional RPG style compared to Skyrim. Actual Attribute stats and skills governed by those attributes vs just skills. It was the first elder scrolls game I played, so I have plenty of nostalgia associated with it.

I've played Oblivion and Skyrim. Much much much preferred Oblivion. I always thought Morrowind looked fun until I realized combat is basically decided by dice, which while it works well for DnD sessions with my friends, is not favorable in a digital setting.

Strength and Order
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Strength and Order » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:05 pm

Nuxipal wrote:

That too.
Pro & Anti

8 1 9 12 8 25 4 18 1

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Strength and Order wrote:Gladly-Spills-Blood
Equipment: Iron sword, Iron shield, Iron armor, Iron Axe (secondary weapon if disarmed), repair hammer
Bio: Gladly-Spills-Blood was born as a slave in Morrowind before it was outlawed by King Helseth Hlaalu. He was moved around Tamriel as a child for several years, becoming a fighter in makeshift arenas for the entertainment of smugglers, pirates, bandits, and other vagabonds. When he was 17 he broke free and viciously slaughtered his captors in the highlands of the Reach, he then escaped to Cyrodiil and joined the Imperial City Arena. During this time the young Argonian warrior was known for being a cruel and bloodthirsty opponent, slaughtering blue team fighters with extreme prejudice - especially Dunmer. After a lengthy service in the Arena he grew bored of his relatively easy killing streak and left, joining up with the Blackwood Company. He despised them, viewing them as weak and pathetic, but he hated the Fighters Guild even more so he stuck around until the Blackwood Company was disbanded. After which he briefly become a Daedra-hunter, and later a mercenary for hire after the Oblivion Crisis. He has since served a number of lords and ladies across Tamriel, his most recent patron being an ambitious Nibanese noble who was eventually poisoned, thus ending his contract.
RP Sample: I have two, but I'm not happy with their quality as I wasn't really putting much effort into them. Still deciding if I should just use them or make something up as an example.
Personality: Violent, aggressive, hateful, loyal (unless your a Dunmer, then he'll stab you in the back)
Likes: Violence, alcohol, An-Xileel, vampires (for reasons unclear to all except him)
Neutral: Vampiric Dunmer (can't make up his mind about him)
Dislikes: People in general (though Dunmer especially), gods of any kind (Nine Divines, Daedric Princes, etc.), Colovian cheeses
Notes: He's actually a sad drunk, surprisingly. Give him some ale and he'll cry into his scales about how he hates life and just wants to die but is too much of a coward to kill himself, hence why he's always looking for fights. He's currently looking for an employer, and is well-known for his savage and barbaric (yet efficient and reasonably priced) services. He also doesn't actually hate Dunmer anymore than anyone else, he just sees his slave masters in the face of every Dunmer he meets because Dunmer all look alike to him. He knows they aren't his slave masters (after all, he did kill them), but he's too racist to care about semantics. Also in case it isn't clear: He has no friends, and is rather pathetic for a variety of reasons.

Hey-ho!

I'd like to see some RP samples (or well, one, really - you can write a new one as well instead, if you want), and preferably you'd expand on the bio a bit since it's on the shorter side of things right now. Nothing wrong with the character himself, however, so that's all good!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Strength and Order
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Strength and Order » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Strength and Order wrote:Gladly-Spills-Blood
Bio: Gladly-Spills-Blood was born as a slave in Morrowind before it was outlawed by King Helseth Hlaalu. He was moved around Tamriel as a child for several years, becoming a fighter in makeshift arenas for the entertainment of smugglers, pirates, bandits, and other vagabonds. When he was 17 he broke free and viciously slaughtered his captors in the highlands of the Reach, he then escaped to Cyrodiil and joined the Imperial City Arena. During this time the young Argonian warrior was known for being a cruel and bloodthirsty opponent, slaughtering blue team fighters with extreme prejudice - especially Dunmer. After a lengthy service in the Arena he grew bored of his relatively easy killing streak and left, joining up with the Blackwood Company. He despised them, viewing them as weak and pathetic, but he hated the Fighters Guild even more so he stuck around until the Blackwood Company was disbanded. After which he briefly become a Daedra-hunter, and later a mercenary for hire after the Oblivion Crisis. He has since served a number of lords and ladies across Tamriel, his most recent patron being an ambitious Nibanese noble who was eventually poisoned, thus ending his contract.
RP Sample: I have two, but I'm not happy with their quality as I wasn't really putting much effort into them. Still deciding if I should just use them or make something up as an example.
Neutral: Vampiric Dunmer (can't make up his mind about him)

Hey-ho!

I'd like to see some RP samples (or well, one, really - you can write a new one as well instead, if you want), and preferably you'd expand on the bio a bit since it's on the shorter side of things right now. Nothing wrong with the character himself, however, so that's all good!

Yeah, I figured I should've added some more to the bio. I'll try to work on it and a RP sample.
Pro & Anti

8 1 9 12 8 25 4 18 1

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:36 pm

Great to hear!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!