NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Sandbox/Survival/Horror - IC / ALWAYS OPEN)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Remove ads

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10453
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed May 23, 2018 9:03 pm

SAMANTHA TALLOW
CVS, Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL

Samantha kept her guard up as the woman approached, taking the sketchpad and pen to write down a quick response. At the very least she'd put away her gun, which was mildly comforting, but she'd also made a point to cover her mouth and nose like a surgeon prepping the OR, which was just a tad bit disconcerting.

    Food, water, to survive. Maybe a safe place to sleep.
The woman, Sarah, was very literal in answering what it was they wanted. Food and shelter. No different than anybody else nowadays. Samantha didn't understand the meaning behind her and the dog, Buddy, being transmission vectors but assumed it was bad considering it had been likened to having AIDS. Possibly in regards to the virus that had devastated the city. She could only assume that Sarah and Buddy were infected. Samantha, despite herself, scooted back a small bit so as not to catch anything. She was healthy as far as she knew. The string of numbers meant nothing to the girl, but she assumed Sarah was okay for being a Catholic (she herself was Protestant on technicality).

The girl started to sign a response out of habit but stopped herself. Taking back the sketchpad she scribbled another note.

    I'm Samantha.
She was thinking on what else to add, how much to share, when she saw a man appear from out of nowhere. She stiffened, the fear she had only just gotten over returning in a new wave. Sarah was already turning to face the man, as was Buddy, his body tensed as if awaiting the signal to attack. The man said something, hands raised in surrender.

Then another woman arrived, and then another man. Fear quickly turned to confusion as Samantha looked to each new face before circling back to Sarah with a questioning gaze.




CVS, CHICAGO AVENUE

The Infected man shambled along the street, his clothing torn and dirty, eyes pale, one of nearly a dozen gathered near the corner of Chicago and Campbell. Aimless. Wandering with no purpose. A few were picking through an abandoned Civic, others were fighting amongst themselves, pushing one another with small grunts of annoyance, and at least one was sitting in the middle of the street, rocking back and forth as it cried softly to itself. The man was alert. Sniffing the air. Hungry.

It heard the not-so-distant shout of Lynn Matsubara. It perked, as did a few others.

The man hurried, not running but walking with a newfound purpose, a handful of others tagging along in the growing excitement. Others were taking notice, picking themselves up or else emerging from the ruins of storefronts to watch.

Even the crying woman had stopped to listen now.

Waiting.

Expectant.

The man spotted Angela Rus as she stalked her way closer towards the CVS. A living human. Food. The Infected snarled and yelled, a perverted scream of what once was human, and in that instant the nearby others gave way fully to the coming frenzy. They came running from where they'd been, confused, angry, gravitating towards the scream like hounds on the scent of a rabbit. They, too, spotted the human, the food, and they screamed, loud and angry, a yowl coming forth from the bottoms of ones' nightmares, and they drew more of their kind in like a beacon, awakened from their slumber in bitter hunger. In moments a few Infected had become a dozen and a half.

And they were rushing ahead in reckless abandon. On the hunt.




CVS, KINZIE STREET

The Infected had spotted Zachary Cash and the family of three. A handful of former-humans, but their hungry shouts soon alerted more who lay unaware on nearby streets. A slightly overweight woman led the charge, charging like a bull with no intent on stopping. Behind her followed a greying man and a younger teenager with matted hair. Behind them more Infected turned onto the street, curious, and soon enraged at catching sight of the survivors. Three Infected had become nine. Behind the survivors more Infected appeared. They were surrounded now by twenty-one Infected. Some stumbling along, others sprinting, a few having yet to catch on to there being food to kill.

Fighting was not an option.




LYNN LAN PHAN
Cudahy Science Hall, Loyola University, Chicago, IL

The past few days had been uneventful.

Lynn and her girlfriend, Morgan, had taken refuge in the science hall at Loyola University, and although having enough food and water to sustain them they had failed to consider entertainment on the list of items deemed crucial to their survival. With only the two of them their days had been spent talking, or playing made-up games to pass the time, agonizingly slow as it was, or else taking advantage of the alone time they now had in abundance. Morgan had some books in her backpack, Harry Potter and another young-adult novel, reading aloud from cover to cover, twice now; Lynn had her acoustic guitar and dabbled in keeping the mood lighthearted. The computers in the science hall still worked, as did the electricity and water fountains, but the internet was down, as was service to their cellphones. They had considered heading on over to Mertz Hall to bother the girls holed up inside, ask for a DVD or two, but the Infected patrolling the quad like enthusiastic mall cops had killed that idea in the crib.

Morgan could maybe risk the journey, but she'd never leave Lynn by herself.

Lynn was in a computer classroom. She and Morgan had pushed the tables to one side, making an open space for them to camp out as they awaited the end of the apocalypse, or for help to come — or the final option that neither would openly consider. She was sitting on a chair, fingers picking at her guitar to create an absentminded tune of no discernible harmony. Casually dressed in a loose-fitting top and khaki bottoms, her long hair neatly combed by Morgan who, admittedly, doted on Lynn more than was necessary.

She didn't like being treated "special" but allowed it for Morgan's sake.

The two had been attending Loyola University. Lynn was majoring in music; Morgan was a photographer. They had met when the school's newspaper had done an article on the music department. Friendship came naturally. The relationship was accidental, the result of a few too many drinks at a house party (Morgan had been insistent on Lynn "getting out more" in fear of her being a homebody forever), and, as expected, the morning after was horribly awkward. It was awkward to think about to this day more than a year later. Them dating just sorta happened. It clicked into place. A happy accident. Serendipity.

Their little secret.

Another twang as Lynn teased the note. She paused, eyes closed and ears open, the sound of her guitar fading to the rhythmic thump, thump, thump of hurried footsteps, loud-and-clear in the otherwise empty building.

If she strained a little harder she could almost hear screaming in the distance.

Morgan practically kicked open the door to the computer classroom. Her hijab, simple in its casualness, was a bit askew, allowing a strand of dark hair to fall into her face. She was scared. "We need to go."

Lynn, eyes closed, cocked her head to one side. "What's wrong?"

"They got into Mertz," she said, hurrying over to where their meager supplies were gathered in a pile, starting to pack whatever she could into their backpacks. They, the Infected, had gotten to the other girls. Were they dead? Were the Infected coming for them next? Morgan didn't say, too preoccupied in her task to give answer to the question hanging in the air between them.

Lynn was quiet for a long moment. Unlike Morgan who panicked at the most minor of things she was calm and collected. First she packed away her guitar, reaching out with a cautious hand to find the plastic case, a methodical search, and with the instrument locked away she stepped on over to Morgan, feet probing the ground lest she trip on something unseen. Lynn had opened her eyes now, dark like deep pools of muddy water, but her sight remained unchanged.

Blind since the car accident however many years ago.

She'd hit her head, so was lucky to have survived with only blindness and some narcolepsy.

"You don't have to. I can pack," Morgan said, taking the time to worry about Lynn who'd troubled herself to cross the room. Lynn offered a smile and helped anyway. This calmed Morgan a small bit.

"So where are we going." Still calm. As if packing for a vacation and not a life-or-death situation.

"Somewhere."

"Very descriptive."

Morgan tugged at her headscarf, a sign that she was nervous. Lynn would think it was cute if she could see it. "I don't know." Neither of them had family living in Chicago, so no home to return to, not close by in any case. "I'll figure something out."

"Did they really get into Mertz?"

Morgan nodded her head then realized how stupid that was. "Yeah."

"Are they..."

"I don't know. But I don't want to stick around longer than we have to." Another scream in the distance. From Mertz Hall. "We go and we find someplace safe, with food, and a shower." She smiled. They both did. "Everything will be fine."
Last edited by Beiarusia on Wed May 23, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator
 
Posts: 4548
Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed May 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Clement Willoughby
Washington Elementary School
The Front Doors
School’s Out Forever

Clement Willoughby had made quite the leisure into Washington Elementary School. The inside was exactly what he expected. Massive bricks that formed the walls painted white, shitty tile flooring with the same curled dots peppering each piece of the floor. Clement clicked his tongue, that fresh school smell wafting through his nostrils. His concentration was damaged however, when he switched his body around at the creak of the door. “Oh!” He gasped, stumbling back before huffing a breath. “Oh God, you scared me.”

A woman had followed him into the school, inadvertently or not. “Sorry, sorry.” He sniffled, looking upon the woman and the gun she carried. A twinge of fright struck his brain, but he had to calm himself down. It wasn’t like she was going to shoot him, of course. Why would she do that? “Rough introduction. My bad. Did you… did you hear the voice coming from here too?”



Crystal Wu
Washington Elementary School
School's Out Forever

"Oh shit!" Crystal was startled by the sudden turn of the person in front of her that she accidentally clicked upon the firing mechanism of her gun. Fortunately, she hasn't put the safety off so nothing of value was lost. "You scared me, too!" she exclaimed. Obviously it was a very stunning appearance, one that she didn't expect at all. "It's alright, not going to shoot you," she insisted on it.

He asked whether she heard the voice coming here. What voice? She was confused. "What? What voice? No, I came here because I know that this is the school where the military put the FOB, right? I'm taking my chances for survival here by regrouping with military soldiers who were left here, or trapped here," she said.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

User avatar
Anowa
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16033
Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Anowa » Wed May 23, 2018 11:12 pm

DAY 25
Saturday, August 13, 2016
69°F (21°C) - Cloudy



SARAH KONIG
BUDDY

CVS, Chicago Avenue, Chicago

Sarah, wasn't expecting this many people to come out of the wood work. Nor was she expecting them to make so much goddamned noise. Sarah looked at Samantha for a moment, shrugging, though something in the corner of her eyes concerned her. She turned back behind her, spotting Buddy sniffing the air. He paused, before turning back to Sarah, before giving sharp rapid barks. Sarah had clued in to Buddy's infection rather swiftly, especially considering he showed such an adept level of intelligence and pattern recognition. Three rapid barks was his signal to her about incoming infected. They needed to leave, right fucking now.

Sarah's hand went down to her pistol again, safety flipping off as her free hand grabbed Sam by the arm, she turned to look at the newcomer with a rather stern gaze and in a hushed tone, "If you want to live, come with us, now!"

As she moved towards the exit, she spotted two others conversing, "Hey, you two want to live get into the truck outside. We've got infected inbound."

With that Sarah made her way to the CDC emblazoned truck, canopy covering the rear and the doors all unlocked. Buddy went to the other side before pausing, and looking across the street. As Sarah followed his view, she too spotted what he saw, a human head, barely poking above the edge of a window, notably human. Turning down the street she spotted a number of infected shambling, walking, or running to view, all making a beeline for the juicy target.

"Get in the motherfucking truck!"

She let go of Sam, letting the teen make her own conclusion. Followed by taking aim at one of the fastest in the pack of infected. A single gunshot rang out, and the body went limp, hitting the then sliding across the paved ground. As more started approaching, she started walking back towards the door. As she touched the truck, she fired again. The bullet grazing the head of the infected, causing it to tumble, but very quickly recover. It made a stumbled approach, and the former Corpsman fired a duo of shots into hit's center mass, immobilizing it for the moment. She then backpedaled into the driver's seat, keying the ignition. The diesel engine roared to life. She didn't wait, switching into reverse, she pulled the vehicle back, far enough to where the Infected couldn't out pace it. THen she braked, shifted it into drive, and turned her foot into a proverbial lead brick.

The soft, and generally easy to break bodies of the human body proved to be a poor match for a bush bar in the first place, let alone one reinforced with nigh 800 pounds of torque generated by the big fuck off engine in the truck. Needless to say after a few impacts, the wiper blades turned on, and blood started spilling around the sides of the truck. Sarah, now confident that there was no imminent risk of death, pulled around the street to the coffee shop, opening the door and calling out to those inside, "Get in fucker!"
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa
United States of Conner wrote:STOP TRYING TO EAT PEOPLE
I'M FUCKING SERIOUS
GODDAMMIT

Anowa wrote:
Serah wrote:He continued to fight, humping from person to person, either cutting or obliterating altogether.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

User avatar
Relikai
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9354
Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Relikai » Wed May 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Sun Yunri
Day 24, Washington Elementary


PTA Meeting? There's still such a thing even now? Clearly this man, together with his actions and mannerisms, was something else, including the crowbar in his hand held in a threatening manner. Now even if she could use the pole with an advantage in reach, the weight of the man would surely knock her over, and at close quarters she would be at the mercy of both pure mass and a crowbar which works best inside the range of her weapon. She shifted her weight, adjusting her eyes on his pace as she started to move on a jog, youthful athleticism gaining the advantage as she turned a corner of the corridors. Making so far into the city, she was not one to simply give up because of threatening fellow.

She could hear the footsteps behind her, Yunri's hand quickly grabbing a random door handle before pushing her way in. Pushing it back, she slowed enough that the door closed with the lock emitting a soft click, her boots making little noise as she stepped back with her pole at the ready. Both hands gripping it tightly, the angled bar was ready to be thrust into the intruder should he attempt to break in...
Contactable via Skype - Julius_Kanzaki , if y'all desire other Roleplaying Opportunities. TG before adding.

User avatar
Arengin Union
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8111
Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Thu May 24, 2018 1:48 pm

Samuel Griggs
Outside of Kinzie Street CVS Pharmacy

Beiarusia wrote:CVS, KINZIE STREET

The Infected had spotted Zachary Cash and the family of three. A handful of former-humans, but their hungry shouts soon alerted more who lay unaware on nearby streets. A slightly overweight woman led the charge, charging like a bull with no intent on stopping. Behind her followed a greying man and a younger teenager with matted hair. Behind them more Infected turned onto the street, curious, and soon enraged at catching sight of the survivors. Three Infected had become nine. Behind the survivors more Infected appeared. They were surrounded now by twenty-one Infected. Some stumbling along, others sprinting, a few having yet to catch on to there being food to kill.

Fighting was not an option.


Samuel at first hadn't taken seriously what the man had said, his name being Zach. But before he could say anything, the sounds of infected pinched in Samuel's brain, Samuel didn't hesitate to turn his weapon away from the survivor and onto the incoming infected, blasting several shells towards them. Jessie, with Ian still in her arms got behind her husband and Zach for his part had his knife already pulled. Samuel fired four shells, hitting two infected center mass, he then realized this would be a fight they would not win.

More infected appeared out of the abandoned buildings, becoming a small horde of its own as these three people who ran ahead of the infected and were getting closer. Samuel quickly turned around and pulled his wife and child closer as he then yelled at Zach.

"We're dead meat if we stay here, all of us. Come on!" The family began to run, Samuel ahead of Jessie and Ian as she ran close behind him, shotgun in hand Samuel was ready to kill anything that would get close to him or his family. He expected to see Zach following as well, no one would be dumb enough to confront a horde with a knife. Though part of him wished he was so they could use the distraction to escape, he looked around for him, still keeping his shotgun ready as he ran with his wife and child.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

User avatar
Huntpublic
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 447
Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Huntpublic » Thu May 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Zachary Cash
On Kinzie Street


Zachary looks around to see nine infected coming at him. He looked behind to see the man and his family running off, he then looked in front of him see a grotesque teen-like infected that was charging towards him. With one quick jab at the neck of the creature, it's undead life was over. But the momentum carried through and almost knocked Zachary to the ground. His balanced shaken he looked around to see even more infected heading towards him and the family. He got up and sprinted to catch up with the family already running.

"Head to Wolf Point West! It's where I live!" he shouted to the family. His adrenaline was pumping, in these cases, the human body can do extraordinary things. For him and for now, Zach was able to keep up a sprint longer than he would have if normal circumstances.

Then, all of a sudden an infected jumped out from behind a car grabbing the man and pulling him down. Zach heard a loud "Arrgghh!" from the man, he then shouted to his family, "Go! Run! Get to Wolf Point West!". Weirdly enough, many things were going through Zach's mind in a quick span of half a second, he ran straight towards the man on the ground and jumped into the infected on top of him. Zach was able to knock the infected off of the man and Zach stabbed and punched it repeatedly as hard as he could thus killing it.

He got up and offered the man his hand, the man grabbed it and pulled himself up.

"Alright, we've got to catch up to your family. We can't leave them out here on their own," Zach said to him. And after that, they caught up with the mother and her child and continued to make their way towards the apartment building. Avoiding as many infected as they could. Breathless they all slowed down at the entrance to the apartment building. Zach put his hands over his head in order to calm his breathing and give room for his lungs to expand taking in as much air as they could.

"Okay, guys just follow me up to my apartment. We need to get off the streets now, it's getting a little too dark for me," The sun was a few hours until set but Zach wasn't taking any chances. And they headed up to his apartment on the second floor of the Wolf Point West Apartment building.
Last edited by Huntpublic on Thu May 24, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUNTPUBLIC TIMES:The national tag tournament turned out to be the most viewed sport in the entire history of Huntpublic! | New Westward H-74S stealth strike/reconnaissance jet has finished testing and will be deployed into action in the Khataiyan Civil war(See Westward H-74S Factbook) | Many people have tried out for qualification in the national tag tournament, ten teams have been made and have been placed into these tag categories: Zombie Tag, Freeze Tag, and Regular Tag, games start next month . . .

User avatar
Arengin Union
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8111
Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Thu May 24, 2018 5:56 pm

Samuel Griggs
Wolf Point West Apartment Building. Zachary Cash's Apartment.

They were safe, at least for now. The chase had taken a toll on everyone, Jessie breathing heavily and barely able to catch her breath, Ian shaking with fear, and Samuel trying to calm himself as well. Jessie took Ian by his hands and took him over to a nearby armchair, leaving her backpack on her side and tending to her son. His blanket had been lost during the chase, the sadness in his face apparent.

"We'll get you a new one Ian..." Jessie said, hugging her child tightly.

Samuel was close to the door, his shotgun still in his hand and trying to control his own body from shaking with angst. He looked at Zachary, Samuel kept a stale and rough expression, but he then spoke.

"Thank you. For that back there... and thanks for allowing us to be here... the name is Samuel." That was all he said before he then moved to her wife, setting the shotgun against the wall next to the armchair and his backpack next to Jessie's. He kneel to her and Ian and the three embraced in a hug. Samuel used his left arm to cover both his wife and child while keeping his free right hand to keep it close to his holstered pistol. Even though Zachary had saved him, he didn't really trust him, in fact not at all. You didn't know who was to be trusted in this new world anymore, people could do a lot to survive, to get what they want, one of those things would be to act friendly and then stab someone in the back.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

User avatar
The Grand Rift
Attaché
 
Posts: 73
Founded: Oct 13, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Grand Rift » Thu May 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Shaun Wilds
Outside Mertz Hall
Day 25


Unfortunately for Shaun his plea for calm, and time to patch up Marcus never came. A piercing shriek broke the standoff between survivors. What was left of a Loyola student was flailing in through the window with a lust for blood. The infected man's Loyola hoodie was dried with mud and blood, and torn at the right sleeve. His skin was an uncomfortable shade of grey with occasional red and purple points where blood vessels had popped, the man's face was already leaking blood as the glass from the window stuck out of his skin. For no real reason, all Shaun could think about was the terrible M. Night Shyamalan movie The Happening, and the scene were the woman in the forest repeatedly smashes her face against every window in the house. The scene played over and over again. Until the infected rushed one of the girls closest to the window.


Clyde immediately reacted, and the former person was thrown off the girl in record time, he then proceeded to smash the things head in with his foot, splattering what remained of his grey matter across the floor. Shaun put on a scowl as his friend broke the groups first rule "Don't Engage in hand to hand without protective covering". Shaun had designed this rule to prevent reckless infections, but it didn't really matter at the moment, "At least the girl was safe" Shaun thought to himself before quickly realizing the now blood gurgling young girl was no longer alive.


Without any reason to mourn, Shaun without missing a beat shouted "Clyde the Window!" Shaun continued on "Get it cleared and I'll help Marcus and Lindsey through."

Upon reaching the Window Shaun went to the task of helping Clyde clear the window with his padded hoodie, then carefully lifting Marcus through the window with Clyde on the other side. One of the girls from the front hopped in quite literally as fast as she could after Lindsey. Shaun was last to jump through, but as he went over he could see the girl who had actually screamed back at him the hardest sprinting towards the windows. Her face covered in running makeup from tears, yelled out “Fuck… Gretchen, come on!”, Shaun rolled his eyes. "Just leave her, it's her responsibility to survive. Not yours" he smugly said as he ducked into the window.

Shaun saw the sad asthmatic climb through the window after him, he could then hear the audible sound of doors busting open and shrill screams emanate from the hall. Shaun only looked back for a moment before dashing towards the closest building which was Saint Joseph's Seminary. A Building about as old as the campus itself, when the world was simple and Shaun was younger and still attended Prince of Peace Catholic church every Sunday with his Father, he would tell him about the amazing churches on Loyola's campus and how he was proud of his son to get to experience what he didn't.

Which brought into mind of where his father was, even as they slammed at the doors and screamed for safety. Shaun found himself drawn to where exactly his father was or even if he was alive, all he could remember was that he was around Willis Tower for business, maybe staying at the Presidential Towers....no no it was the Hyatt across the street, Shaun sighed as he reached down to take the metal pipe out of his backpack "I should have listened when he called." Shaun then snapped back to reality and scolded himself "I need to start taking my meds in the morning, I'm losing it."

With his wits about him now, Shaun agreed with the idea to smash the windows and before taking his pipe he kicked the at the center-right hoping to break the lock with no avail, he turned to Clyde and said "We ain't getting through those doors, they are older than us, heavier than us, and better made than us. We better hit plan B on the windows now, and we can cut through here and towards Campion Hall."

Shaun looked back once more and saw the enroaching horde growing in size and moving closer and closer. The infected from Mertz began to emerge, bloodstained from the girls inside, at this point Lindsey and the other girl began to scream even more hysterically for help.

"Now or Never Clyde."
Last edited by The Grand Rift on Thu May 24, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Walabam
Diplomat
 
Posts: 990
Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Walabam » Thu May 24, 2018 7:51 pm

"Okay, okay. I'll try to keep it down," replied Lynn to the man who was now known to her as Jonathan McCormick. Lynn nodded swiftly as the McCormick informed her that he was here to look for some band-aids. Lynn eyed him from top to bottom, agreeing that he was indeed scraped up. Lynn, too, was pretty scraped up, although mentally. She'd lost all hope of finding her fiance, whom had last contacted her as he touched down in L.A., right before the attacks. Lynn blanked out for a few seconds as she thought of her family, before regaining her composure. "I'm here to look for water. Clean water. That would be nice," whispered Lynn to McCormick, before walking off towards the various aisles.

As Lynn combed through the aisles, she managed to walk past a few cans of beer. This obviously wasn't the time for cracking a cold one. Nonetheless, Lynn needed something to hydrate herself. Something clean. As far as she was concerned, beer was the cleanest edible liquid she could find at this very moment. There were 5 cans on the shelf, and she decided to leave 2 behind. Lynn opened one of the cans and gulped down its contents, putting the empty can gently back on the shelf, before stuffing another can into her bag. She looked at the can of beer she was holding in her hand, and looked back at McCormick.

"Here, you might be thirsty," uttered Lynn as she set the beer on a shelf next to McCormick, seemingly to offer him the beer. Before she could speak again, though, she hears; ""Hey, you two want to live get into the truck outside. We've got infected inbound." Lynn turned towards the voice. She froze for a second, turning her gaze towards McCormick, and then out the glass window. "We've got to go." Without much hesitation, Lynn followed the woman, but not before pulling a pair of scissors out from her bag, arming herself.

Upon seeing the CDC truck, Lynn made a dash for it. She saw the horde of the infected heading their way. Lynn jumped as a single gunshot rang, echo bouncing off the barren buildings. The gunshot seemed to attract an even larger horde from the distance. Lynn looked at the pair of scissors she was holding, and back to Sarah, who, after all, seemed to be a good shot. Lynn had wanted to help but realised she couldn't do much. She scrambled into the back of the CDC truck, anxiously looking around for something she could use. Nothing. Yet another gunshot rung out, this time muffled by the walls of the rear cabin. Soon after, the engine roared to life. Lynn sat right down, holding on to something sturdy. She knew this wasn't going to be a smooth ride.
wat.

User avatar
New Grestin
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Thu May 24, 2018 8:00 pm

DAY 25
Saturday, August 13, 2016 | CVS | Western Ave and Erie

Anowa wrote: "Get in fucker!"


She was almost shocked by the level of violence in front of her. Rising from her hideaway, Carol quickly flipped the safety off her handgun and held it tight as she approached the truck. The forcefulness in the other woman's voice had put her on edge, and she made a point to keep her mask on as she moved. There was little time for caution. Biters had already begun making their way out of the nearby buildings, tripping over one another as they howled for the truck. There was a brief pause, Carol's eyes flicking back to the coffee shop. It took less than a second to make her decision. She kept the pistol in hand and jumped up to the passenger side door, slipping inside. Without even looking at Sarah, she motioned up the road.

"Just get moving. We can swap stories for when we're not about to die."

Even through her mask, her voice shook slightly. Her body was tense as she slid the pistol into her jacket pocket. The safety flicked off with a quiet click.

"I'll keep mine stowed as long as you do the same."
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

User avatar
Ithalian Empire
Minister
 
Posts: 2979
Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Thu May 24, 2018 8:51 pm

Daniel Beck
August 13, 2016, N. Sheridan Road, Outside

Shit,thought Daniel damned this whole mess to hell.The last month had been a long train wreck of shit for the former EMT. A terrorist attack on one of they nations most busy international airports was bad enough. The resulting petulance that engulfed the city was far worse. Daniels had been at ground zero, one of the first on the scene, before anyone knew what had been unleashed. He resigned himself long ago to a death similar to those he knew, or worse. He could end up like the shuffling infected that now ruled Chicago. It happened to pretty much every EMT that he knew, including the men and women he worked with for almost a decade.

He had survived the first weeks of this hell, but it seemed like things where going to end right here and now. After the military pulled out and any semblance of law and order fell apart Daniel had liberated some medcal supplies for a hospital. His goal had been to try and get as far north as he could, but that went to shit as he tried getting out of the city, the roads became ever increasingly dangerous with desperate people and hungry infected. Last night, he had decided to hold up in an unlocked car for the night. When he awoke, he was surrounded by shuffling infected. And so he had been stuck in a small car for most of the day waiting for the infected to get distracted.

He had a gun, but he had seen these things swarm people who attracted there attention. If anything he would rather eat the bullet himself. He had no food, ate the last of it last night, nor any water. His mouth was already starting to dry up on him. So the waiting game began.

Luckily someone was watching out for him.

The sounds of gunfire. Maybe a few hundred feet farther north started to draw the infected away. It was now or never, and Daniel took his risk. He slowly opened to driver side door, the sound alerted and infected man. Daniel was left with only on option. Run as fast as he could and not stop. And so he started his sprint down North Sheridan Road toward Loyola University.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

User avatar
Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1560
Founded: May 11, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Thu May 24, 2018 9:29 pm

Clement Willoughby
Washington Elementary School
Interior
School’s Out Forever

Clement chuckled, the two having apparently startled each other. He grinned, but this grin turned into an expression of confusion after hearing what she had to say. “What? I didn’t think there were any soldiers here. I live close by, and I hadn’t seen any military come down here.” He scratched his chin, adjusting his glasses and sucking on his gums. “Anyways. I’m Clement. You seem nice enough.” He smiled weakly, before a harsh scream drew him back out of it.

He spun around and peered down the hallway from where the distant scream had come from, blinking. “Oh shit. That was the voice I was talking about! It… it could be somebody getting attacked, by the infected.” He paused, taking a step towards the hall. “Come on. Stick with me and we’ll check things out.”

***

Mawuli Jackson
Liz’s Pet Shop
CVS Pharmacy
Jackie didn’t respond to her final statement, watching the woman move into the store as they observed each other. Was she looking to see if he had credentials? He fiddled with the briefcase, looking around. “I’m a lawyer. Very important. I mean, just look at this suit. They…” He stopped himself as she walked away, searching the store with little pep in her step. He pursed his lips, looking down at his empty wrist as if a watch were strapped to it. He stuck his free hand in his pocket, waiting in the midst of the CVS for whatever was to happen next. Lynn returned after a few seconds with a can of beer, offering him the can. “Oh, uh, thank you.” He said, taking the can and holding it in front of him.

Right as Jackie was about to open the aluminum can, a wild rush of yelling and commanding was thrown in his direction. “Yo, who the fuck are you?!” This day was not going well for him; now there were even more prying eyes focused on him, each one sure to find him out. Nonetheless, he followed them with the introduction of infected around, running towards the truck as fast as he could. “Oh shit oh shit oh shit! What the fuck!” He made it to the truck just behind Lynn, climbing in after her and getting into the middle seat in the back. “Fucking floor it!” He yelled after the woman climbed into the driver’s seat, and to his surprise she did so. Whether that was from listening to him or not, he didn’t care. As long as they got out of that hellhole.

But then she stopped again. “What are you doing?! We need to go!” He said, leaning forward and clenching his teeth in anger and fear. It was then that the other woman got in with them, a mask strapped to her face. Things were getting cramped in the Ram at this point, Jackie scowling. “Okay, just fucking drive already!”
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Thu May 24, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They're coming to get you, Barbara!


INFP (that's me)

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10453
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 24, 2018 9:33 pm

SAMANTHA TALLOW
CVS, Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL

Something was happening. Samantha knew that much, but, being deaf, it was all too easy to be left out of what was being said. An annoyance that bothered her more than it should. Watching, she saw that Buddy was acting strange, and that Sarah had her gun out and in her hand, as if expecting trouble. The man? Or maybe the woman and lawyer? Suddenly she was dragging Samantha by the arm, outside and towards a large pickup truck with CDC emblazoned on the side.

All it took was a glance down the street for the girl to understand.

Infected.

A lot of Infected.

She paused like a deer caught in the headlights, a creeping fear overtaking her rational mind, the part that said to run, and only when bumped into by the strange woman (Lynn Matsubara) did she hurry around to the back of the truck, clambering in with the others as the first Infected dropped dead from a bullet to the head. The engine roared to life with a deep, rumbling vibration, a mechanical shuddering felt in one's bones. The raw power of a diesel turbocharger. Samantha hadn't yet found a seat when the truck accelerated suddenly into reverse. She slipped and fell against the cabin with a painful smack, and then down onto the bed as the truck sped forward into the mass of not-humans. A rough ride that ended soon enough. Only when they had stopped did Samantha risk picking herself up, heart racing and feeling more sore than she'd felt in a long time. Not the muscle ache of track practice but the soreness of a bad fall. No injuries, just a bit shaken.

They were waiting for a few others to climb on inside. The Infected had largely been killed, crushed by the truck, but a few were still alive, and those not terribly injured were starting to pick themselves back up again. They couldn't linger for long.

Samantha, finding herself now at the mercy of the whims of the adults, sat with her back pressed up against the cabin, backpack held tight with knees drawn close to her body. This newfound dependency was frightening. Her safety was quite literally in the hands of strangers, but maybe some use could come of this strange situation. They'd be on the move soon and all it took was a request. She scribbled down another note on her sketchpad before knocking on the little window just behind the driver's right shoulder. When it opened she practically shoved the notebook into the open space.

    Willis Tower.
A truck was better than walking, and being abducted it was the least they could do.




SCHOOL'S OUT FOREVER
Washington Elementary School, Naperville, IL

The crazed Mr. Hanover had lost sight of Sun Yunri, passing by the classroom she had ducked into with a confused, angry chattering of nonsense. He repeated himself. "The PTA meeting is canceled. The PTA meeting is canceled. The PTA meeting is canceled!" A mantra, as if that alone was all that was keeping his fragile state of mind as intact as it was. Rage consumed the man, sudden and completely, uncontrolled, manifesting as a vicious attack on a nearby water fountain that subsided only when the forked head of the crowbar had pierced the plastic exterior to bite at the internals. Water pooling at his feet, Mr. Hanover continued on his patrol of the school. Calm as if nothing had happened.

Sun Yunri had escaped detection. Safe for the moment inside a darkened classroom, but before she could breathe a sigh of relief she was attacked from behind, a sharp smack from a yardstick delivered to the back of her head and neck. She turned to defend herself but the attack stopped as soon as it had begun.

"Wait! That's not Mr. Hanover."

The classroom lights flicked on, and Sun Yunri was unexpectedly face-to-face with four children. The closest, a lanky preteen with short black hair and a fierce look to her eyes, was holding the yardstick up and at the ready. Behind her was another girl, shorter and paler with freckles and a gap between her teeth. Next to her was a boy who looked rather average. The last girl was standing by the light switch, eyes hidden behind square-rimmed glasses.

"Who are you!?" barked the girl with the yardstick, brandishing it in a threatening manner.

"Not the principle," deadpanned the bespectacled girl.

After a tense moment introductions were shared. The blonde was Cadence, the unofficial leader and spokesman of the little group. The boy's name was Adam; the spunky girl's name was Alex. The bookworm was Jessica. Without going into much detail the kids informed Sun Yunri that they had come back to the school in search of a safe place. Little did they know that their infected principal would be guarding the building like a rabid attack dog. They were lucky to have escaped him once the night before. Cadence had wanted a second go, as had Alex, although she'd never admit to agree with Cadence, but the others were more cautious in their scheming. They were kids, after all.

The uninvited Sun Yunri, however, could prove useful.

"She's a grownup. She can kill Mr. Hanover for us," Cadence argued. She and the others were huddled together in the far corner, discussing their plans, but were easily overheard.

"She probably got trapped too," Jessica countered.

Adam shook his head. "We can't just, you know, stay here forever, right?"

Alex agreed. "Yeah. She distracts Mr. Hanover and we run away."

In unison they looked over to Sun Yunri with Cadence assuming her role as spokesman. "You're not here to rescue us, right? So that means you got stuck too. The principal is crazy, if you hadn't noticed, I'm guessing you have, so we need to find a way outta here. You're big. Think you can smack Mr. Hanover if he gets too close?"




- - -
Wolf Point West Apartments, Chicago, IL

Zachary Cash and Samuel Griggs (and his family) had made it to the relative safety of the apartment building. They had escaped the Infected, but the non-humans had followed most of the way and were now lingering outside in the streets, too close for comfort, and with the apartment unsecured the Infected would soon wander inside if only by accident.

Some already had.

The high-rise offered many nooks and crannies for the Infected to hide. Dozens if not hundreds of apartments, and no way to clear them out of stragglers, those coming in from the outside or those who'd succumbed to infection whilst hiding at home. Furthermore, being on the second floor, there were only so many ways down should the Infected discover them, and heading up was a death sentence. To prove this point footsteps could be heard above on the third floor. Shambling and irregular, as if the person pacing had forgotten just what it was they were doing mid-stride.

The survivors were safe, for now, but who could tell for how long.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Thu May 24, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Fantrum
Senator
 
Posts: 3846
Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Thu May 24, 2018 9:37 pm

Madeline Hess
Intersection of W Pershing and S California
Rooftop of Sandra Cisneros Elementary


Today was a good day. She wasnt dead. And any day that started off without loss of life or limb was indeed a good day. Madi threw open her eyes and tried her best not to panic, feeling the reassuring mass of her rifle by her side. That was something new, the panicking. She had never experienced trouble with sleeping before, but the last few days, her first few in the city particularly, had been a relentless torment of nightmares and waking in a cold sweat. Twice she'd actually woken up screaming. Thank god she'd been sequestered deep inside a safe building when that had happened. Keeping low, the girl extracted herself from her sleeping roll and examined her surroundings, just to make sure she wasnt in trouble.

She was camped out on the highest tier of a multi roofed building claiming to be a school, across the street was an equally tall building relating to Juvenal intervention or something, and an assortment of odd buildings that transformed into an endless ocean of suburban homes. An endless ocean she had to wade through. Still, with her objective so close, there was no way she could skimp out now. Mom's house was just around the proverbial bend, only a half day's walk from here. The only reason Madi hadn't pushed through the night was because of a painful, and nearly fatal, brush with the nasty things that lived in the darkness. Since then, she'd developed a healthy distrust for anywhere she could clearly see. Having woken up far later than she would have liked, Madi gauged that she'd have just enough time to make camp if her mom wasnt home when she got there, so she'd have to hurry.

Carefully, she gathered up her things and set to packing them, still crouched low behind the roof's embankment. She wouldnt even risk poking her nose out for a look at the street until she was well packed and ready to beat feet if the need arose. Needless to say, that too had been hard learned. While she delicately rolled her sleeping bag, she reflected on the strange happenings that had befallen her the last two weeks. Truth be told, she had no idea why she was here. She liked to tell herself that she needed to see what had happened to her mom, but that was only a justification for he madness of coming to this cursed place.

No, Madi couldnt really explain why she'd come here. She'd wanted to turn back the very first day, proclaim defeat, run home where dad and safety waited. But the white hot shame she felt at the thought had put pay to that plan. She'd pushed on, and it wasnt until her old beater's engine literally exploded that she realized just how fucked she was. At that point, in some pissant no name town in Illinois, she simply couldnt turn back. On the road she'd encountered a great many things, from packs of ghouls to huge military convoys, and a lot in between. The convoy's had been a surprise, and while they didnt do anything to stop her, she wondered why they were all heading to Denver.

Sticking the tightly packed sleep kit into her backpack, she finally gathered up the courage to scout the area. First crawling to the embankment overlooking the back alleys, she stuck her head over the lip and examined what she could. Nothing of note, a good getaway route. Next, she made her way to the opposite corner, directly over the intersection. Absolutely nothing. There was silence, aside from the odd gunshot or scream, and the lack of noise deafened her.

Wait! There! A man, more a boy really, was walking along the street. Ducking reflexively, Madi's breath caught in her throat. She hated meeting people in the city, they had just as much chance of being bandits as being ghouls. Slowly, she peeked the ledge again. It took a second for her to find him again, but there he was, now talking with a police officer! Of all things! How long had that squad car been there?! She'd slept too long, far too long! Had she set out earlier, this would never have happened!

Sliding down to lean against the roof's lip, she took several deep breaths, "Calm down Madi, calm down. Just wait and they'll go away." Fighting her panic down, she chanced another glance. 'Good!' She thought as the kid crawled into the backseat, 'Now they'll leave!' But they didnt leave. Every second she stared at the car, was a second of daylight she lost.

She found herself mentally willing the damned car to start of its own accord and simply drive off. Unfortunately her mental powers were non-existent, and the car remained stubbornly fixed. Looked like she was in this for the long haul. With a huff, the small girl pouted and settled down into a more comfortable position, ready to wait out the car.


...........................................................▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
...........................................................███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅███████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████].
◥▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Marceline Goddess Controlled, Marceline Post Goddess
Sapphire Sands

User avatar
Anowa
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16033
Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Anowa » Fri May 25, 2018 1:33 am

DAY 25
Saturday, August 13, 2016
69°F (21°C) - Cloudy



HUNTER CZAJKOWSKI
DYLAN STOUT
HANNAH MIRI
NATHANIEL NICOLETTI

Midwest Sporting Goods, Chicago

Hunter was quiet, not like he had a choice. But his silence was something that motivated other people to do the same, the sound of muffled breathing through the port in his unfiltered mask enough to either creep people into a silent state, or simply told them enough. Years of hunting skittish animals in the forests of illinois had given him the skills to evade. The skills he acquired in the Scouts was what let him survive. The friends he'd acquired in the past couple days would keep him sane.

He was the most physically fit among their little quartet. Meaning he had the role of giving their smallest a piggy back ride if they had to high tail it. Which also put them at a disadvantage, seeing as he was the only one who could scuffle at a range.

Nathan couldn't help but breath a little heavy. Despite his bulk, he was still physically capable, moving boxes around a Walmart all day meant that his legs could at least support him, and lifting boxes over his head wasn't too much of an issue. But his cardio was left wanting, especially with the fat making up his abdomen. The trench coat he wore would help quite a bit in the coming months, Illinois had notably cold winters, though not as bad as Minnesota. The man still soldiered on, even where most people of his size and demeanor would have topped themselves instead. He was given the role of, well, looking for medicine. Of all the things he was good at it was identifying medicines that would help, a laundry list of medical conditions and allergies kept his medical game on it's toes.

Dylan was the youngest, smallest and least educated among them, the six year old was far from a fighter, and her short legs wouldn't be able to move her fast enough away from any infected. And with her age and lack of formal education, she couldn't do much else but sit there and look adorable, so for the moment, she was the load on the group. But despite this, none were heartless enough to leave a child behind.

The group's most recent addition was Hannah, an Irish-Iranian with a penchant for hallucinations and grim humor. Despite her general distrust of the rest of the group, her opinion had been eased somewhat by the presence of a child. Figuring that anyone who'd go so far to ensure the safety of a kid couldn't be all to bad. And that eventually, she'd hallucinate at the wrong time, and having someone around to point that out would work in her favor. She was in the lead of their little group, leather jacket and crowbar being deft enough to stop any close encounters with the infected kind.

Ultimately it was her idea to head to a gunstore, despite Hunter's knowledge (which, unfortunately, weren't easily passed on), So here they were, scrounging around a probably empty sporting goods store, for a weapon that no one but Hunter knew how to use.

As the sole grown woman entered the store, she happened to see a body slumped over at the front counter, pistol in it's hands, and head having left a rather grim splotch on the ceiling. SHe spoke, breaking a silence that reigned over them for nearly seven hours, "You guys see that too right?"

Hunter nodded, the most he could do to confirm. Dylan jammed her eyes shut, and Nathan gagged before waddling over behind a shelf. probably to get the sight of a decaying corpse out of his mind. Hunter though strode forward, not hearing anything out of the ordinary within the store. As the others spread out to look for things, Hunter knelt down besides the body. Straight up suicide, given the single shell casing on the ground and the gun in his hands. Seeing the weapon in question, Hunter would've made an audible sound of distaste if he could vocalize properly. Instead he just grimaced. A Sig P320, known around the gun community as a safety hazard. Granted it was a rather specific angle that required a discharge, and he couldn't exactly be a chooser at this time either. So, he grabbed the weapon, slick with decay and grease as it was, and went over the check list. Pull the slide back, take the chambered round out. Pop the mag, check ammo, 6 rounds plus 1, ensure the weapon was clear, check bore. Rack the slide into place, insert magazine, pull the trigger.

*click*

Hunter went out of his way to ensure that he didn't chamber a round, and went to put the weapon on safe, internally sighingt. While he knew that most of the time the trigger safety on a gun was sufficient, he still didn't like not having an audible click to signify that he would be okay. Regardless, he stuffed it into his belt, not the safest thing to do, but all that could be done without a holster.

Footsteps behind him in a uniform pattern, not one of the zombies. he turned, seeing the crimson splatter on her throat, something that caused his heart to flutter every time he saw it, concerns of a throat wound racing through his mind. He stood, ready to be addressed, it was only polite to do so.

"Found a pocket knife, figured we could give it to Dylan, seeing as much else wouldn't be useful."

Hunter simply raised a hand fingers outspread and palm to the sky, 'why?'

Hannah shrugged, "She's unarmed, and if it comes down to it, we may not be able to do much to save her. Better safe than sorry right?"

Hunter looked over at the little girl in question, helping Nathan collect rounds from a spilled box of .22. He sighed and then nodded, before turning back to the rest of the store. His footfalls echoing around the silence, as he scanned the now empty shelves. He stopped as the shape of something didn't quite fit. He took a few steps backwards, glancing at the area he saw the misshapen item. It was a gun case for sure, haphazardly stuffed behind a shelf. With a little motivation and a bit of elbow grease, he managed to get it free.

With a single look on the brand emblazoned on the case, a smile spread across his face as he read it. Mateba.

Opening it with an expected giddiness from a gun nut, he found a polished and ready Unica 6 within. 8 inch barrel, compensator, blued steel, polymer furniture, and a speed loader. Sadly, no ammo was contained within, however, Hunter still spent the time to ensure the weapon was safe, before once again slipping it into his belt, and pocketing the speedloader. He stood, leaving the case in it's state, with no further use for it.

Walking back over to the sound of the others speaking in hushed whispers, he stepped into view. Their attention turned towards him now, no doubt seeing the two newly acquired pistols in his belt, no words needed to be exchanged. Nathan held out his hand, more than a few bullets with .44 Remington magnum etched into the rear in his palm. Hunater nodded as he grabbed them, methodically loading the revolver with them, and adding the last two to the speedloader. Nathan knew that if he had a gun he'd miss every shot until he had to blast himself. And Hunter had rather slowly explained that with Hannah's condition, she might shoot at something that didn't really exist, or did, and wasn't something that needed to be shot. Begrudgingly she accepted it. And Dylan, well, she was too weak to actually hold most guns, let alone pull the trigger.

Hunter jerked his head towards the doorway, signifying that it was time to depart. So that they did, with minimal noise, and maximal gain.

Code: Select all
+ Mateba Unica 6 (.44 Magnum)
+ Sig P320 (9x19mm)
+ Pocket Knife
+ .44 Magnum Ammo x8
+ 9x19mm Ammo x7
+ .22 LR Ammo x38
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa
United States of Conner wrote:STOP TRYING TO EAT PEOPLE
I'M FUCKING SERIOUS
GODDAMMIT

Anowa wrote:
Serah wrote:He continued to fight, humping from person to person, either cutting or obliterating altogether.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Fri May 25, 2018 1:45 am

Day 25
Anthony Hammond
Chicago, IL


Anthony picked his way carefully through the streets, moving slowly from storefront to storefront, dodging across the empty streets, full of abandoned cars and corpses, only when he was absolutely sure the coast was clear. Even with his level of fitness, maneuvering with his harness was cumbersome and inconvenient, but since it was the closest thing he had to a storage container, and it allowed for him to use his rope to scale small obstacles, he wouldn't dream of discarding it. He tried to navigate his way back to one of the last remaining government strongholds in the city, which weren't even really sponsored by the government anymore, but regardless, he'd gotten quickly lost in the unfamiliar city streets. He and his SAR unit had ignored orders to pull out from the city, determined to save and possibly evacuate as many civilians as possible, and he'd heard reports of other government forces doing the same, even military personnel, which gave him hope that they could possibly secure a defensible stronghold, if they could just coordinate their scattered forces enough, which was hard enough when they were organized and the infrastructure was still intact. For now though, Anthony's first priority was finding a new radio to replace his recently broken one, and second to link up with any other government personnel. From there they could try to coordinate a more organized effort, and possibly an evacuation, but again, one step at a time.

It was slow going making his way through Chicago streets, even outside of downtown, but he didn't want to attract the unwanted attention of anyone, least of all looters or bandits, and preferably not any walkers either. Eventually he came across a Walgreens, but inside looked to be ransacked, for one, and infested with infected for the other. A few milled about the entrance of the door aimlessly, and Anthony smartly avoided them on the far side of the street. About a block later he came across another electronics store, this one also seemingly looted, but also appearing to be empty. Wary, he drew his knife, but stepped through the shattered door and into a ransacked interior, with shelves overturned, the register on the floor and broken, a few corpses scattered around, with a healthy smearing of blood, guts, and gore to add to the atmosphere, but he decided to look around nonetheless. At first his search seemed hopeless, as all of the radios were either gone or broken, but at long last he came across a rather cheap walkie-talkie, but one that would serve its purpose until he could replace it, he just hoped that it could reach at least some of the used frequencies. He opted to use his remaining batteries on the radio, instead of saving them for his backup flashlight, deciding that his headlamp would serve his needs for the moment, and fired up the radio with a burst of static, then silence, as he tried various frequencies in an attempt to locate any signs of life or chatter, before coming across a faint, but desperate, distress call on 163.5125 MHz, designated the military emergency frequency, calling for assistance.

"BREAK BREAK! ANY AND ALL AV--*Krrtz*--ABLE PERSONNEL IN BRIG--*Krrtz* PARK VICINITY! THIS IS ROMEO ONE REQUESTING IMME--*Krrtz* ASSISTANCE! INFECTED OUTS--*Krrtz*, SEVERELY OUTNUMBERED! AGAIN REQUEST IMMEDIATE ASSIS--*Krrtz*! WE ARE LOCATED AT KEL--*Krrtz* HIGH SCHOOL!"

Kelly High School was nearby, and Anthony remembered it being on a map of military operating bases, so he assumed that was where they were located, since the static messed up most of the transmission. His only problem was that he was alone, with only a knife to his name as a weapon, and if the military was in trouble, what hope did he have in relieving them? Not likely, but it wasn't in his nature to give up on people, especially if they were in trouble. "Fuck it," he muttered, and he set out at a fast jog northwards, towards where he thought the high school was, and as he grew closer he could hear distant gunshot reports becoming louder and closer, until he came within a block or so of the school and saw a small horde of infected cramming into the main building, as sporadic shots came from inside, more often than not missing, and if they hit anything, not being a fatal hit. Anthony held back a second to formulate a plan, and decided to check around the campus to try and find an easier, less dangerous entrance in.
Cheers mates.

Bouncer at The Pub | T͢hę ̀E̶̛m̨pę͜ŕ̨or̀͜ h͜͝a͏s ͢Á̕ẃ̨͡ò͟k̀͜͞e͢ń | I am in the process of writing a small book. I hope you enjoy. | The infamous Duke of Autumn
To be Updated
I am a Catholic Democrat. Now that you've picked your jaw up off of the floor, carry on.

I am also a seasoned OP and Co-OP, and can help with worldbuilding, just TG me.
New Grestin wrote:Like I said, Bei's posting is really eclectic right now, which I'm assuming is school and/or work related. Or he's hiding a body. I dunno.

User avatar
Huntpublic
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 447
Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Huntpublic » Fri May 25, 2018 5:58 am

Arengin Union wrote:Samuel Griggs
Wolf Point West Apartment Building. Zachary Cash's Apartment.

They were safe, at least for now. The chase had taken a toll on everyone, Jessie breathing heavily and barely able to catch her breath, Ian shaking with fear, and Samuel trying to calm himself as well. Jessie took Ian by his hands and took him over to a nearby armchair, leaving her backpack on her side and tending to her son. His blanket had been lost during the chase, the sadness in his face apparent.

"We'll get you a new one, Ian..." Jessie said, hugging her child tightly.

Samuel was close to the door, his shotgun still in his hand and trying to control his own body from shaking with angst. He looked at Zachary, Samuel kept a stale and rough expression, but he then spoke.

"Thank you. For that back there... and thanks for allowing us to be here... the name is Samuel." That was all he said before he then moved to her wife, setting the shotgun against the wall next to the armchair and his backpack next to Jessie's. He kneels to her and Ian and the three embraced in a hug. Samuel used his left arm to cover both his wife and child while keeping his free right hand to keep it close to his holstered pistol. Even though Zachary had saved him, he didn't really trust him, in fact not at all. You didn't know who was to be trusted in this new world anymore, people could do a lot to survive, to get what they want, one of those things would be to act friendly and then stab someone in the back.


Zachary Cash
Inside of the Wolf Point West Apartments
Floor 2


"Your welcome, we've got to watch each other's back, against these things," Zachary said to Samuel. Zach saw that Samuel kept his hand on his pistol. Zachary didn't want to make any assumptions but he had a feeling that between him and Samuel, there was a little sense of distrust. He opened his mouth and said, "Samuel, I understand that you can't trust me, and you have a family to watch out for. You need to keep them safe as your priority. But trust is what keeps people together. I want to trust you, but I can't if you can't trust me," He walked over to where Samuel is at, and put his hand on his shoulder.

"You are going to need help to survive here, and I'm going to need help too. I can't shoot a gun for my life!" He half-smiled with a breathy chuckle, "What I'm trying to get to is that we need to be good assets to each other, and that would start by opening up trust between us," He put his hand on Samuels back and gave it a little pat. He looks around to see the mother with her child, "You have a beautiful family-" he was cut off by hearing random and sporadic footsteps outside of the door of the room. He stayed silent. The iconic raspy, mucus-filled throat of the infected breathing was heard right outside of the door. Quickly but quietly he walked over to the door and looked through the peephole. And through it, he saw the infected staring at the peephole too. But its eyes were gouged out, so it left two dark empty eye sockets staring at the door. Its jaw was sightly dropped down with blackish blood dripping out of it. It was unsettling, to say the least.

"Well there's something outside of our room," whispered Zach. He went over to the window and looked out. Out below them, he saw a horde of infected standing outside of the main entrance. They were aimlessly walking around and some of them walked into the apartment building that Zach and Samuel were in!

"Umm, we need to go, like now! There is a horde of things out there! Grab whatever you can, and let's go out the back way," He grabbed whatever he could but in the midst of the slight chaos that they were experiencing he forgot about the creature outside of their door. It started pounding on the door trying to claw or break its way in. Zach grabbed his knife and opened the door. And the infected came running in, jumping on Zach. He put his left hand out stopping the un-human from getting close to him. Then he stabbed the infected multiple times and punched it in the face with his trench knife. It dropped down twitching out.

Wide-eyed, Zachary told the family, "Follow me!".

Code: Select all
+1 Infected Killed
+2 Un-perishable items
+3 Hoodies
+1 Bottled Water
+2 Items of Clothing(+1 Cargo pants, 1+ Long-sleeved shirt)
Last edited by Huntpublic on Fri May 25, 2018 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
HUNTPUBLIC TIMES:The national tag tournament turned out to be the most viewed sport in the entire history of Huntpublic! | New Westward H-74S stealth strike/reconnaissance jet has finished testing and will be deployed into action in the Khataiyan Civil war(See Westward H-74S Factbook) | Many people have tried out for qualification in the national tag tournament, ten teams have been made and have been placed into these tag categories: Zombie Tag, Freeze Tag, and Regular Tag, games start next month . . .

User avatar
Wallenburg
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18778
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Fri May 25, 2018 6:01 am

Steven Larson || August 13
Outside Wrigley Field, Lake View

As entertaining as it was to watch an overweight man in a dirty Cubs jersey waltz around a broad scattering of debris and dead bodies, Steven knew he had to do something. He spent several minutes observing the man clandestinely from behind the car, far enough away that he could most likely escape even if the man started shooting. The situation all around the man raised all kinds of flags, but the man himself, while armed, looked placable enough. Kissing his fingers goodbye, Steven raised his hands just over the top of the car and called out to the man, loudly enough so that he might hear Steven but quietly enough so as not to ring in lunchtime for any number of crazies out of his field of view.

"Hey! Hey, don't shoot, I'm friendly! Can we talk?"

A brief silence hung onto the air, not even the wind rising enough to make a sound across Steven's ears.

"Oh, there you are. What are you hiding for?" asked the man. "Come on out, everything's clear right now. No infected bastards coming around to start any shit yet."

Steven rose slowly, keeping his hands visible to the stranger. "I'm Steven. Looking for medical supplies and a way out of this city."

The Cubs fan nodded. "Well, Steven, my name's Leonard, and I'm looking for a bat. Not just any bat either, but a bat signed by the one and only Ernie Banks. Greatest damned shortstop in American history. I've got another guy in there getting it right now."

Steven raised an eyebrow in disbelief. He started walking toward Leonard, crossing the 4-lane street slowly. "In there?" He pointed to the stadium entrance, through which a careful ear could hear the infected moaning away their hunger and snarling out their discontent. Certainly no mortal man could make it in and out of the stadium in one piece, and certainly not without alerting the infected. "That place is a fucking deathtrap."

Leonard's face broke into an amused smile. "For me, yeah, I wouldn't last ten seconds," he laughed. "My buddy in there is much more suited for delicate business like this. Plus I've got a load of supplies waiting for him after he gets that bat."

Indeed, a bulging backpack rested on the ground next to Leonard's feet. Essential supplies, and a lot of them. Enough to last one person several days, if used well. Steven shook his head, refusing to believe what he was hearing, what he was seeing. "The city has fallen to pieces, with crazy people running around eating other people, supplies scarce, and all you can think about is a baseball bat? Don't you think that isn't quite as much of a priority as survival?"

The Cubs fan shrugged, indifferent to the supplies he was prepared to trade for a baseball vintage. "It's not your stuff on the line. You do you, I want that bat. It's the only thing I want that isn't totally fucked now. This guy is doing me a huge favor by getting that bat out of there. Only makes sense I reward him well."

A silver car, crashed into the nearest traffic light, made for a good place to sit. Steven found a comfortable spot against the hood and took a moment to rest his legs. "Okay then. Still, I highly suggest you try to get out of the city. Those crazies starve slower than we do, even though they always seem hungry."

Leonard laughed again. "You're a funny guy. Like I said, everything's totally fucked now."
Last edited by Wallenburg on Fri May 25, 2018 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OF ALL THINGS GENSEC
There never has been, nor will there ever be, such thing as a wallenburger.
PRO: GOOD || ANTI: BAD

User avatar
The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator
 
Posts: 4548
Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Fri May 25, 2018 7:57 am

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Clement Willoughby
Washington Elementary School
Interior
School’s Out Forever

Clement chuckled, the two having apparently startled each other. He grinned, but this grin turned into an expression of confusion after hearing what she had to say. “What? I didn’t think there were any soldiers here. I live close by, and I hadn’t seen any military come down here.” He scratched his chin, adjusting his glasses and sucking on his gums. “Anyways. I’m Clement. You seem nice enough.” He smiled weakly, before a harsh scream drew him back out of it.

He spun around and peered down the hallway from where the distant scream had come from, blinking. “Oh shit. That was the voice I was talking about! It… it could be somebody getting attacked, by the infected.” He paused, taking a step towards the hall. “Come on. Stick with me and we’ll check things out.”



Crystal Wu
Washington Elementary School
School's Out Forever


She was surprised and sad at the same time. No military presence here? She got herself into the wrong school altogether. She didn't like the idea of two survivors in the same place and no military presence. What if he tried to do something to her? She shouldn't think like that but she has to be wary. He heard a scream, distant. She heard it too, of course. "Okay, you go forward. I behind you," she insisted. She looked to her gun, and tried to remember how she tried to pull the safety off first.

"Infected...here? Not good," she didn't like the thought of an infected down here. She got her gun out in case she needs to use it.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

User avatar
Hastur
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 118
Founded: Jul 01, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hastur » Fri May 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Ingrid Zakharova.
Atlas Security Division.
Twenty five days since initial outbreak.
3900 S California Ave, Chicago, IL 60632, USA




Not far now. Or at-least she hoped that was the case.

The long residential street was void of life, quiet. The winding, pothole ridden concrete empty aside from the occasional cadaver of a car long since abandoned by their owners. the sky was dark despite it being daytime, polluted with the ever increasing smoke plumes as parts of the city burned, with no fire crews to put them out. Leaving a distinct scent of rubber, wood and metal lingering even beneath her respirator, a smell certainly more preferable to the aroma of death. It was a eerie feeling for Ingrid as she continued down the path alone, covertly moving down the sidewalk, trying to expose as little of herself as possible as cradled her rifle tightly within her hands, head on a swivel, only finding that there wasn't a person in sight. Not even the infected that where overtaking the city.

Maybe it was a blessing, her trip towards the high-school had been quiet, uneventful so far. The exact opposite from the miniature nightmare that unfolded at Site Bravo, leaving her and whatever was left of her security team up shit creek without a paddle. The gunfight in the tight corridors of the sterile lab against opportunistic looters descended into a bloodbath when the automatic gunfire drew in uninvited guests. There had been so many of them. The infected quickly overpowering the bandits before they turned their attention to them. An event birthed by two groups simply being at the wrong place at the wrong time. One that left her stranded from the rest of the squad with a mortally wounded Ex-VDV captain and a deep bite wound in her own right arm.

The chance of infection had her concerned. But Ingrid had yet to show any symptoms. Maybe she'd got lucky, the bite failing to transmit the deadly virus or whatever this was onto her. Or maybe it was a delayed reaction, and the worst was yet to come. The fear of turning into one of those things still lingering in the back of her head. The feeling of death watching over her waiting to strike being ever present. A feeling she hadn't felt since that wedding in Aruba. Whatever it was, she'd continue until she got sick. She had to. Getting out of the rapidly deteriorating city was the only option. the case within her backpack was her ticket, All she needed now as a functional radio. And the school seemed like the best bet. A group of soldiers relaying a distress message from within asking for help over the open radio waves. Meaning a radio. Likely a good one. Something well worth the risk. And something that she'd have to do alone.

Vitaly hadn't been so lucky. His symptoms had manifested quickly after he got bitten. Starting with the flu as he rapidly deteriorated. something amplified by the gunshot wound in his leg. He was near immobile, unable to move and twice her size. She left him within within one of the apartment buildings, safe with a loaded firearm to protect himself, although it was something that left a lump in her stomach. But what was she going to do? carry him and fight at the same time? He would have slow her down, and that would have got both of them killed. Both knew what needed to be done. It was a natural but hard to make decision to move forward without him. He was done, both of them knew it. Ingrid told him, and more importantly herself that'd she'd go back for him. That was the plan, at-least initially. But what where the chances of him still being alive once she got the radio and contacted for support? just how much longer could he last? He was on the clock. A ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Something that she didn't want to think about yet.

"Больше новостей из школы?" Her hand darting to the radio's send button, sending her modulated voice broadcasting over the airwaves. She needed an update on the situation. A response was swift, the sound of a curt tone reverberated over her earbud, followed by the the recognizably gravelly voice of Vitaly.

"Ничего. То же самое сообщение на повторе. Не удается достичь никого на линии." A brief pause followed as Vitaly splutted, coughing up flem and god knows what else as he struggled to catch his breath. leaving a moment of dead air that loomed over the soft static buzzing that rang away in her ear. The situation was starting to put more doubt in her mind. The looping SOS message leaving the possibility that the people inside the high school a few hundred meters down the road where dead, or worse, one of them. It'd make things more difficult, but saving their lives wasn't the priority. Not that'd they'd necessary be happy to see her type coming to the rescue. The dead, static air sprung to life again, the voice of Vitaly booming over the earpiece, recovering from his short aliment. "Я был бы осторожен, эти парни, вероятно, не будет слишком счастлив видеть нас туристов."

"Роджер. Не далеко сейчас."

"следите за своей спиной. Просто получите то, что вам нужно, и извлеките." A brief tone followed, indicating the other user signing off, and the line went dead. leaving her in silence, the only sound being the overbearing wind and the call of the looming crows. She envied those birds. Anyone that wanted to get out of the city was going to need a set of wings, and yet here they where. Hanging around, scavenging. Everything they'd ever need was right here. Why leave when they can just stick to the sky. Well above the chaos that controlled the below.

But as she pondered the sky, her eyes caught sight of something. She stopped, ducking down as she swung her cradled rifle upwards into a low ready position, flicking the safety lever fully down in a single movement. Her eyes adjusted, getting eyes onto a single individual less than sixty meters down the road, moving towards a squad car marked with the local PD livery, the door open with a hand holding it ajar. Leveling the rifle, she tracked the weaker looking fellow in his early twenties through her holographic sight, the sight slapped the mans center mass. He wasn't armed, or at least she assumed so from the distance she was at. The person in the squad car however, was an unknown. Could be a cop, but most of Chicago finest had bailed weeks ago, the police not being trained for massive pandemics and huge civil unrest. It was only natural. if anything it was more than likely an opportunist exercising his dream to drive around in a cop car.

He climbed into the car, and stayed there. She could make out movement from inside, but couldn't tell exactly what was going on. She kept her rifle aimed on the car, but it remained quiet. No sudden gunfire, no running. Just them sitting in a car. Indicating that they probably knew each other.

The normal procedure for Ingrid would be to find another route. People where dangerous, irrational, more so in these particular times. She normally wouldn't take such a risk, she didn't want to get shot. She wanted to get home, back to what she called her family. But she was at an impasse. Both figuratively, and literally. That road lead directly to the highschool, and the cop car rested between her and it. The only way to safely retreat was to double back the way she came and find another route. Something she wasn't comfortable with. Sure she could wait, but the longer she did the more likely the possibility of her finding a working radio diminished. She likely wasn't the only one with her eyes set on that goal. As much as she detested the thought however, she knew she didn't stand a chance alone. The city was alien to her and more importantly a death trap. The infected roamed in packs and struck fast, leaving death in their wake. Safety in numbers was key. She needed somebody watching her back, even if it was a local she'd have difficulty trusting.

A decision had to be made. Wait them out and potentially lose the chance of getting that radio, double back and potentially get lost, or trust some locals and potentially get shot in the process.

Seeing no other option. Ingrid took the drastic approach, but she wasn't going to take any chances either way. Flicking her safety lever up one, she broke from her concealed position in a rapid but fluid movement, pushing forward before stopping bang center of the center of the road with her rifle aimed towards the car. She began signalling the occupants inside with her rifle mounted flashlight. The high power beam of light shining right through the rear window several times before she flicked it off. Once she was positive that she got their attention, she raised her left hand, making a slow and exaggerated a waving gesture four times before raising a solid palm, hopefully indicating clear enough for them to stay put, all whilst keeping her rifle leveled with her right, aimed forward, moving her hand back onto the foregrip once she was done signalling. Gun up, she slowly and cautiously advancing towards the car, watching for any sudden movement.
Last edited by Hastur on Fri May 25, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Time is a flat circle.

User avatar
Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1560
Founded: May 11, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Fri May 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Clement Willoughby
Washington Elementary School
Interior
School’s Out Forever

Clement looked down at the woman’s gun and her indication for him to go first; but his naivete got the better of him. “Alright. I’ll go first.” It didn’t make much sense to him. She had the gun, all he had was this lousy slugger of his. Regardless, he plopped the bat in both hands and started jogging down the hallway. He rounded the corner, scanning the hallway for anything there. This damn school was a maze of a place; echoes bounced off of the tile floors and the walls of brick. Clement clicked his tongue, nothing but suspended papers and projects hanging in the school.

“I don’t see anything. I thought I heard him still, but he isn’t there anymore.” Clement grimaced, looking down the hallway. “Maybe it was something else… I don’t know.” His mind ran like crazy, running over the possibilities in his head. “We should probably at least check out the cafeteria. It’s probably somewhere around here. If you want to.”

***

Officer Ruby Almanza
Chicago Juvenile Intervention Support Center
Squad Car

Ruby had been listening to the Dead Air guy ramble on for the past hour now, tapping on the steering wheel. Samuel was in the back now, sleeping, or at least trying to. She herself was near lulling into death’s brother, but quick flashes of light burst across her eyes and made her head shoot up. “What the… fuck?” She spoke, wincing and turning her head from where the light had come from. “Oh, shit!” Ruby swore, mouth agape with fear and confusion. She should have shut the car off, she should have cut the damn car off…

How were they going to escape this? Getting robbed by some woman with an assault rifle? In the back, Samuel propped himself on the seat with his elbow, blinking. “What’s going on?!” He whispered harshly, wincing as well. “Just stay down and put your hands behind your back” She whispered back, slowly bringing her hands up, spread apart and showing their palms. Samuel, somewhat seeming to understand the situation, did not get up any farther than he needed to. He had never actually fallen asleep; too much to think about for any of that. He placed his hands in the position that she told him to, while Ruby’s hands crawled through the air before gripping the steering wheel. She made no indication of changing gears, no indication of moving at all, She just stared at the woman with the gun, frowning and quivering.
They're coming to get you, Barbara!


INFP (that's me)

User avatar
Fantrum
Senator
 
Posts: 3846
Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Fri May 25, 2018 5:55 pm

Madeline Hess
Intersection of W Pershing and S California
Rooftop of Sandra Cisneros Elementary


Thank god it was cloudy. Small favors from above, Madi supposed. As time stretched on, she'd set her rifle muzzle facing toward the car having nowhere else to put it. The intense boredom she felt was rivaled only by how utterly enraged she was becoming. Here was a police officer just sitting down there, while the world burned, doing nothing. Sure, Madi wasnt exactly helping either, but she never put on a uniform! Why couldnt they just fuck off already?!

The ladder down from her perch was faced toward the car, and the only other feasible way down was by the water drain into the alleyways. That was a dangerous prospect however. While she was certain she wouldnt rip the thing out of the wall with her weight, she didnt trust her climbing skills. Even with the danger, it was starting to look like a viable option. Then again, as she watched through her scope, it looked a lot like the cop was dozing off.

She took the opportunity to descend to the next tier. Taking her eyes off the driver for a second, she quickly scaled the ladder. As she set foot on the lower level, she turned and saw that the cop had sprung awake. Nearly jumping out of her skin, Madi threw herself down against the cool roofing and prayed she hadnt been spotted. When no one started calling her out, she crept up to the lip of the building and, steeling herself, stuck her head over the embankment. With her much closer vantage point, Madi could see the cop staring down the road. Following her line of sight, she spied a woman advancing on the car with a scary looking rifle raised at it.

Realizing a moment too late she'd left herself exposed too long, she yanked her head back into cover and pulled her rifle close to herself, chambering a round. The soft metallic sound of the bolt racking back brought Madi immediate relief, and while she didnt want to make any noise, she just couldnt leave herself defenseless. Especially in a situation like this.


...........................................................▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
...........................................................███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅███████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████].
◥▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Marceline Goddess Controlled, Marceline Post Goddess
Sapphire Sands

User avatar
The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator
 
Posts: 4548
Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sat May 26, 2018 7:51 am

Crystal Wu
Washington Elementary School
School's Out Forever


Great, the man seems nodded along on her suggestion for him to go first. Fortunate for her, though. It makes any opportunities to do a shot through his back if he tries anything funny much easier, if a bit hard since yet again, she is not an expert in marksmanship and to get a lucky shot would be destructively awesome. She followed his directions, for good or for bad. Maze it is, American schools are so weird. Architecture-wise. "You don't see anyone? Maybe he's somewhere," she mussed up. The man offered the cafeteria as a suggestion. "Sure, let's go there," she agreed. Whole-heartedly.

Sort of.




Jin-yoo Han
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church


Jin seems reasonably well-looking despite the outbreak. She was alone so far, the church was abandoned...or not, not sure about that since she was outside the church. She looked to the door and pushed it. It opened, if slowly. The church was abandoned, for clear. The altar looks clean, though. A safe place to pray for awhile. How she wished to be safe and how she wished to finds out about the place to get out from this place. Jin-yoo was subsequently sad about the whole thing and the outbreak.

"Where to go now?" she muttered. "Loot first, I guess," she insisted on looting anything useful inside the church. Something to be done for her own survival, too.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

User avatar
Hastur
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 118
Founded: Jul 01, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hastur » Sat May 26, 2018 11:04 am

Ingrid Zakharova.
Atlas Security Division.
Twenty five days since initial outbreak.
3900 S California Ave, Chicago, IL 60632, USA



No sudden movements was always a good sign. The car didn't speed off, and the occupants hadn't started shooting yet. Ingrid felt a slight tinge of relief. She hadn't been killed the strangers yet, but the possibility still remained as she moved closer the the car. Maintaining a steady pace, keeping her gun level, she continued, prowling closer and closer whilst maintaining a high level of caution, careful not to take her eye of it. Eventually seeing the occupants inside a little more clearly as the distance gap closed.

One male, one female. Both of them with their hands visible. The engine was running, indicating that they were planning on going somewhere. More than likely the same place that she planned to go to. Most cop cars had radios. They had more than likely heard the message.

Ingrid lowered her rifle down slightly, moving it into a low ready position, the muzzle no longer pointed directly at the occupants, allowing her to watch them better. While they where cooperative, she wasn't out of the woods yet. It was still difficult to see exactly what they were doing, and all it took was a split second decision on their parts for this all to go sideways, and for either Ingrid or them to end up dead. She felt anxious, stressed and uncomfortable as she closed the last fifteen meters. Now was the time if they were planning on acting. Maybe a softer approach would have better? Ingrid seeing in hindsight that a masked women wearing a bulletproof vest pointing an assault rifle at you wasn't the greatest motivator for cooperation. But like everything that came with hindsight, alternate decisions always became much clearer once you're already in the process of making a bad one.

Now relatively close, she made the continuous decision to move towards the passenger side, careening over, positioning herself five meters from the rear tire, giving herself a good enough distance to fire into the car if necessary, whilst not making it easy for the passenger or the driver to shoot on her. She peeked into the car, taking a quick look at the occupants. One was a teenager, couldn't have been older than eighteen, and the other was a hispanic looking women in a police uniform, whether or not she was a cop was an entirely different story.

Visible in the side mirror, she released her left hand from her fore grip, and signaled for the police officer to lower her window, pointing at the passenger side window before making a circular motion with her index finger. Once the window lowered, she spoke.

"Keep your hands where I can see them please, I have no intention of harming either of you. So lets not do anything drastic and everyone goes home happy." Ingrid ordered, her southern Russian accent thick as she tried to put on a more commanding and authoritative tone, the volume of her voice elevated so that the driver could hear her, but slightly muffled by the half face respirator that clung to her face. "Are you responding to that SOS over at the highschool?" She asked, remaining rather stiff as she awaited a response, but no longer entirely focused on the car as she began scanning over the environment. Her eyes falling onto the elementary that sat directly on the other side of the vehicle before they moved back onto the vehicle. Totally unaware of the other person who was less than an a hundred meters away.
Last edited by Hastur on Sat May 26, 2018 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Time is a flat circle.

User avatar
Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1560
Founded: May 11, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat May 26, 2018 12:18 pm

Clement Willoughby
Washington Elementary School
Interior
School’s Out Forever

The walk through the school was uneventful. Other than lurching shadows and leering posters from where the teachers had been prepping for the new school year, their decorations already peeling from the walls. Their footsteps lingered amongst the halls, ricocheting from wooden doors and foggy windows and dirtied floors and so on and so on. It took a little bit for them to reach the cafeteria finally, but they did.

The cafeteria was empty. All of the lights were off, and the clouds above had not allowed the sun to shine much through the windows. “Do you see anything?” Clement asked, blinking his eyes and taking off his glasses. The damn things had gotten fogged up. He wiped away at them, shivering. He sat down at one of the tables, legs pointed outwards, working on his glasses. “Damn things.”

***

Officer Ruby Almanza
Chicago Juvenile Intervention Support Center
Squad Car

Ruby watched the masked woman approach, cringing at every step in anticipation of a shot to pierce her delicate skull. Shaky breaths slipped between her teeth, chills running down her spine and hair standing on end. The woman got closer, eyes flaring with intensity. For a moment, the woman seemed to recognize Ruby’s uniform, to which Ruby near reacted. She thought of a scenario where she pulled her gun out, ordering the woman to stand down; after all, you’d have to insane to shoot a cop, right? But the idea loosened itself from her mind just as she thought it. What repercussions would there be if the woman shot her? What, someone was going to arrest her?

For a second, she thought she noticed another figure running about on the rooftops. Her hands tightened even harder now, a groan leaving her mouth in fear. There were two of them now; if Ruby even had a minor option of escaping this with all of her things intact, that had just been squashed. This was a full blown goddamn operation, wasn’t it?! A man on the ground and another eye in the sky, waiting to pop a bullet through Ruby’s eye. And she had just met the poor kid in the back; funny they were going to get robbed now.

Samuel himself had moved his head with care to the side, an uncomfortable position, but one that directed the corner of his eyes to the window. He looked out there, glancing upon the woman with the gun and sputtering. “Ugffhh…” He groaned, closing his eyes so he wouldn’t have to see anymore of this. “No…” He whispered under his breath, clenching his teeth and doing the only thing he could do; wait.

Ruby complied with the woman, watching herself lean over to the passenger side. She nodded at the woman, showing agreement for the rolling down the window. She kept her hands visible the entire way over to the passenger side, only concealing the right once as she slowly dropped it down to the window button. Just the index finger pushed it down. The window came down slower than it should have, a product of Ruby’s shakiness in-action. She returned to her former position, hands back on the wheel. She listened to the woman, nodding along with whatever she had to say. She would be crazy not to, the barrel of an AK firm in its aim at her. The woman sounded foreign; Russian, perhaps? Ruby had never met a Russian person in her life, but the movies had given her a little indication of how the accent was. ”Are you responding to that SOS over at the highschool?"

Ruby looked at the woman, confused. Had she misinterpreted her intentions? Was this perhaps another authoritative figure? A soldier, even? It was strange to her that a Russian could perhaps be a US Soldier, and that gun and uniform didn’t bring to mind any of the current US forces to her mind. “Yes, I was.” She winced, swallowing. “Are you military too?”
They're coming to get you, Barbara!


INFP (that's me)

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Absolon-7, Avisronia, Communaccord, Dragos Bee, Greater Loralia, Hippie Kiwis, Illegal Planets, Lunas Legion, Novas Arcanum, Plzen, The Manticoran Empire, Vaquas, Velahor, WhatsamattaU

Remove ads