NATION

PASSWORD

Devil's Whisper (Fantasy, OOC/Interest, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Asardia wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:About as far as your average 9mm revolver shot. That’s about 2200 meters, but just like a revolver, it’s not accurate at all when fired at that distances, and if it makes contact with anything on that journey there projectile will delete itself with whatever it hits. It also takes large amounts of energy if the projectile will travel that far. It does drop exactly like a bullet, because the energy has mass, and weight. Also the symptoms of energy deficiency go as such. Stage 1: Nausea, profuse sweating, fatigue
Stage 2: increased fatigue, vomiting, hot flashes, migraines
Stage 3: intense headache, coughing up blood, temporary blindness in the most extreme cases.
Stage 4: risk of permanent blindness, bleeding from the eyes, ears, and mouth, intense full body aches.
Stage 5: fainting, risk of entering a comatose state
Stage 6: the final stage. The only symptom of this stage is guaranteed death.

Ok. I'll make sure to keep watch over this, although it seems you can keep it balanced. I would recommend putting that into the list of limitations on your app. Also, how much usage would cause the stages? For example, if the void attack is used one time, then would stage 1 occur? Then if it's used a second time, stage 2 would occur and so on?

Let’s say stage 6 would be reached by deleting a small cluster of wooden houses, around 4 or 5 depending on the kind of wood as different woods have different densitys. Stage one would be reached by deleting deleting something like a thick suit of armor. It all depends on what he’s deleting. The most he could delete at once without keeling over and dying would be a small group of full grown men consisting of maybe 8-12 men, depending on their height and weight.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Thu May 24, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Thu May 24, 2018 7:37 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Asardia wrote:
Ok. I'll make sure to keep watch over this, although it seems you can keep it balanced. I would recommend putting that into the list of limitations on your app. Also, how much usage would cause the stages? For example, if the void attack is used one time, then would stage 1 occur? Then if it's used a second time, stage 2 would occur and so on?

Let’s say stage 6 would be reached by deleting a small cluster of wooden houses, around 4 or 5 depending on the kind of wood as different woods have different densitys. Stage one would be reached by deleting deleting something like a thick suit of armor. It all depends on what he’s deleting. The most he could delete at once without keeling over and dying would be a small group of full grown men consisting of maybe 8-12 men, depending on their height and weight.

I see. Thanks for clarifying.
Last edited by Asardia on Thu May 24, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:49 pm

Oh, and his energy does regenerate slowly over time. However, to balance this out, if, hypothetically, he were to reach stage 3, it would take near 3 days to regen to full. Eating and sleeping accelerates the regen process. By the way, when do you think you can post the IC?
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Thu May 24, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu May 24, 2018 10:25 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:Oh, and his energy does regenerate slowly over time. However, to balance this out, if, hypothetically, he were to reach stage 3, it would take near 3 days to regen to full. Eating and sleeping accelerates the regen process. By the way, when do you think you can post the IC?

The IC will be posted by tomorrow afternoon, barring any setbacks I have in RL.

Speaking of the IC, before it goes up, I need to set some things up. First off, we'll have an NPC be on the Shadow Assassins

NS Name: Asardia
Character Name: Saldemir Aurikael
Appearance:

House (what family does your character belong to?): Aurikael family
Mage Type (Esoteric, Archmage, Inquisitor?): Esoteric
Magic/Abilities (if any):

Supernatural Eye: Saldemir has an ocular ability known as the Eye of Death or Supernatural Eye. The Supernatural Eye allows him to sense the magical power in mages (the amount of magic they've used, how much they currently have, and how much they're using for a technique), he can see visually see pressure points and read body language. Saldemir also has x ray vision and has heightened senses, with the eye providing a "sixth sense"

Earth Magic: Being from the Desert Regions, Saldemir is very skilled with Earth and Sand magic. He can easily shape the ground around him and is even able to bury himself deep below the soil in order to hide from his enemies.

Fire Magic: Saldemir is also gifted in the Elemental Art of Fire Magic, being able to switch between Earth and Fire easily and can even use both at once, though this takes immense concentration and uses a lot of magical power.

Limitations (what are the restrictions on your character’s abilities?):

The Supernatural Eye possesses no offensive capabilities, limiting Saldemir only to the visual prowess the eye gives him. Furthermore, usage of the eye strains him and uses high amounts of magical powers. The Supernatural Eye causes temporary blindness for three days if overused

Faction (does your character belong to a faction? Where does your character’s loyalties lie?): Shadow Assassins
Biography: Saldemir was born to the Aurikael family,a family of middle class status in the city of Aesyerus. The family moved to Aesyerus shortly before Saldemir was born in order to find a better life. Saldemir from an early age was very gifted in magic, specifically fire, and was able to demonstrate high proficiency in martial arts, and for some reason, his eyes would glow red during training. Saldemir, when enrolled into the Aesyerus Mage Academy, soon learned that his eyes provided him special abilities. He kept them hidden thereafter to avoid suspicion and anyone stealing his eyes. Saldemir worked with his father as a blacksmith until the coup that wiped out the Allegrod dynasty. It wasn't too long after that an Archmage by the name of Raberud appeared, offering Saldemir an opportunity to showcase his magic for the new government. Fearing what the archmage might do to him and his family, Saldemir reluctantly agreed to leave Aesyerus and became an Assassin. He goes on special missions and aids his squad with sensory missions.
Additional Information (anything else you want to say?): Saldemir is an NPC

Next, I set up teams for the Shadow Assassins.

Squad One: Jasmine Taulra, Artheus Ladon, and Erin Locksteed
Squad Two: Adelina Larot, Corvo Amorghetta, and Saldemir Aurikael
Last edited by Asardia on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu May 24, 2018 10:37 pm

Tag. I don't really have the time to jump into an RP right now, but may throw up a character that I could perhaps introduce further down the line? One question regarding the law - are there creatures similar to 'Gods' and 'Demigods' in this world? Similar perhaps to how things work in the Elder Scrolls or the like? I'm fine either way, but was just curious :P
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Fri May 25, 2018 4:18 am

Tag because this looks great. I am on vacation right now, so it will be a few days until I have the time to actually make a character. Is that alright?

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Fri May 25, 2018 6:42 am

I'll place a tag here.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Greater Meme Land
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Meme Land » Fri May 25, 2018 7:42 am

Tag. App will be up later today.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 am

Bentus wrote:Tag. I don't really have the time to jump into an RP right now, but may throw up a character that I could perhaps introduce further down the line? One question regarding the law - are there creatures similar to 'Gods' and 'Demigods' in this world? Similar perhaps to how things work in the Elder Scrolls or the like? I'm fine either way, but was just curious :P

As of now, there's no other creatures here besides humans and animals. There are Gods, but they serve a more mythological role.

Saint Ryvern wrote:Tag because this looks great. I am on vacation right now, so it will be a few days until I have the time to actually make a character. Is that alright?

Of course

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Volcanu
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Volcanu » Fri May 25, 2018 10:36 am

Is there any volcanic or geothermal regions in this world?
Volcanu is a highly volcanic nation.

F is for fire that burns down the whole town
U is for uranium... BOMBS!
N is for no survivors

Member of Greater Olympus- A realistic region with an original and detailed map, with a fun RP community. Come check us out.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri May 25, 2018 10:39 am

Volcanu wrote:Is there any volcanic or geothermal regions in this world?

The volcanic regions would be in the north, although there's only a few of them

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Volcanu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Volcanu » Fri May 25, 2018 10:41 am

Asardia wrote:
Volcanu wrote:Is there any volcanic or geothermal regions in this world?

[Names?]

N is for no survivors

Member of Greater Olympus- A realistic region with an original and detailed map, with a fun RP community. Come check us out.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri May 25, 2018 10:48 am

Volcanu wrote:
Asardia wrote:

[Names?]

Mount Vultus, Socreni Mountains, and Mount Durska
Last edited by Asardia on Fri May 25, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Volcanu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Volcanu » Fri May 25, 2018 10:53 am

Asardia wrote:
Volcanu wrote:[Names?]

Ok I might be asking too many questions but which one is the most volcanically active?

N is for no survivors

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri May 25, 2018 10:56 am

Volcanu wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Ok I might be asking too many questions but which one is the most volcanically active?

Mount Vultus

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Volcanu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Volcanu » Fri May 25, 2018 11:04 am

NS Name:Volcanu
Character Name: Finas Opon
Appearance:Red Eyes, 5 ft tall, brown hair
House (what family does your character belong to?):House of Allegrod
Mage Type (Esoteric, Archmage, Inquisitor?):Esoteric
Magic/Abilities (if any):Elemental Fire magic, shoots fireballs, creates lava pools and can shoot fire from his hands like a flamethrower
Limitations (what are the restrictions on your character’s abilities?):If he uses his powers for too long he will overheat
Faction (does your character belong to a faction? Where does your character’s loyalties lie?):The Sidiroú
Biography:He was one of the few Fire Wizards who survived the massacre and lives near Mount Vultus to learn more about fire magic. He survived the attack by hiding in a secret trapdoor during the massacre.
Additional Information (anything else you want to say?):Lives near Mount Vultus
Last edited by Volcanu on Fri May 25, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

N is for no survivors

Terranihil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 07, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Terranihil » Fri May 25, 2018 11:18 am

Volcanu wrote:NS Name:Volcanu
Appearance:Red Eyes, 15 ft tall, brown hair
Magic/Abilities (if any):Elemental Fire magic, shoots fireballs, creates lava pools and can shoot fire from his hands like a flamethrower
Limitations (what are the restrictions on your character’s abilities?):If he uses his powers for too long he will overheat
Faction (does your character belong to a faction? Where does your character’s loyalties lie?):The Sidiroú
Biography:He was one of the few Fire Wizards who survived the massacre and lives near Mount Vultus to learn more about fire magic.

15 ft tall?
Terranihil or Terry, Chief Consul of The League
League Wiki owner
epic

Terranihil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 07, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Terranihil » Fri May 25, 2018 11:34 am

Also, a map has been created and linked on the info post.
Terranihil or Terry, Chief Consul of The League
League Wiki owner
epic

Asardia
Ambassador

Announcements

Postby Asardia » Fri May 25, 2018 2:06 pm

First off, I'd like to thank Terranihil for creating a map to visualize the World of Cagia. The map has been linked in the original post. Secondly, I'm adding two Co-OPs, who are Terranihil and The Valyria Empire. Also, I created teams for the Shadow Assassins:

Squad One: Jasmine Taulra, Artheus Ladon, and Erin Locksteed
Squad Two: Adelina Larot, Corvo Amorghetta, and Saldemir Aurikael

Finally, the IC is up now, so the actual RP can finally begin.
Last edited by Asardia on Fri May 25, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri May 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Volcanu wrote:NS Name:Volcanu
Appearance:Red Eyes, 5 ft tall, brown hair
Biography:He was one of the few Fire Wizards who survived the massacre and lives near Mount Vultus to learn more about fire magic.

Are you done with your app? If so, your bio is a bit short. You can definitely expand on your character's past and explain how he avoided being killed by the Esquoria and where he was during the coup. You can say more about Finas' background and how the coup affected him. Just some ideas.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Ludim
Lobbyist

Founded: May 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ludim » Fri May 25, 2018 3:54 pm

Bugger, if Nullification Magic is what I think it is, I was beaten to the punch before I could make an app

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Fri May 25, 2018 4:42 pm

Ludim wrote:Bugger, if Nullification Magic is what I think it is, I was beaten to the punch before I could make an app

Ninja'd bud, you can create a character with it if you want, we'll just have to communicate on what can and can't be done with it I guess.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

Ludim
Lobbyist

Founded: May 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ludim » Fri May 25, 2018 5:01 pm

The Krogan wrote:
Ludim wrote:Bugger, if Nullification Magic is what I think it is, I was beaten to the punch before I could make an app

Ninja'd bud, you can create a character with it if you want, we'll just have to communicate on what can and can't be done with it I guess.

Sounds like a good idea. Can I just get like an idea of what Nullification Magic is? Cause my mental image is that it nullifies people with magical abilities nearby, quite like Magebreakers in the Powder Mage Trilogy

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Lore Post: "Fleshing Out Nullification Magic"

Postby The Krogan » Fri May 25, 2018 6:15 pm

The Powder Mage Trilogy, that’s some good shit.

Nullification Magic is the ability to disrupt and or completely shut down a person ability to employ their magic, whether it be common, elemental, or Esoteric. This is done through a magical energy created within the Nullification mages' body that cancels out other magical energies. Which in turn means that the Null mage in question cannot use their other magical abilities at the same time that they use the Null.

From what I've come up with Nullification magic can be used in two ways, AOE attacks or transferring the energy physically. AOE requires the Null Mage to continuously chant an incantation to help focus their will outwards and project the energy outside their body for long duration's, with the epicenter always around them. This comes with obvious drawbacks in that if the Null's concentration is broken the spell fails and the AOE dissipates, allowing for magic to be used again. The strength of it also depends on the Null mage's own strength of mind and willpower, with archmages able to actually target individuals from a distance, create epicenters other then themselves, and do not require sustained incantations.

The physical application is the most effective for lower level Null mages and why they should be fit, acrobatic, and preferably trained in close combat. A physical connection between the Null and their target allows for the Null energy to be directly injected into the other mages body, which is what makes it much more effective. For one, for as long as there is a connection the energy can be continuously pumped into the target, which will fully nullify their abilities no matter their magic level. Striking and our briefly touching an opponent can also have an effect, with the Null mage able to blast the energy through the brief connection into their enemy’s body. This will continuously degrade their ability to use their magic, especially if blows continue to land on target. There is also a residual side effect as the Null energy within the target mage's body will not immediately dissipate but will linger depending on on the amount transferred. This is why you do not want to get into close quarters with a Null mage, your day will probably not end well. Of course, if you're getting pumped full of energy you're not completely helpless as none of you're physical or mental faculties are affected, so unless all you rely upon is your magic abilities you can still fight.

(I was thinking that to counter the residual effect higher level mages can flush their bodies of magical energy to speed up the dissipation process)

The effects vary depending on the magic in question, with common magic for example spells may backfire, their effectiveness lessened, or not work at all. For elemental the effectiveness of the mages control and application of it is lessened or may just fail outright. While Esoteric magic experiences similar problems but can vary since it is so specialized. The levels of both the target mage and the Null mage also contribute to AOE and strike effectiveness, as a normal archmage has a higher resistance threshold than an inquisitor or common mage. While an archmage Null can stomp out common mages with but a thought for the most part, with the difficulty rising as their opponent's mental and willpower abilities do.

In regards to Ludim your own characters level of Null magic will probably depend largely on their relationship with the Megalostrata Clan, as they pretty much have the monopoly on the ability and are the only ones with archmage Nulls. Since the only place it is taught is at the Adriat Academy under the tutelage of Megalostrata members it is impossible to get a formal education without their involvement. They also often seek out and try to absorb any people with Nullification abilities abroad, whether it be through marriage, adoption, or other means in order to further cultivate their natural abilities.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

North Timeria
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Fri May 25, 2018 6:21 pm

NS Name: North Timeria
Family/House Name: Tanaka
Insignia/Symbol (optional):tomoe
Motto (optional: Loyalty to those we trust
Faction Alignment: Red Dawn Army
Elemental Affinity (what element does this family specialize in, if any?): Fire
History:

The Tanaka family has long been supporters of the Esquoria Family and helped it accomplish certain goals before the coup. They are known for their lighting ability and their Esoteric ability the Saṃsāra Eye( control over attractive and repulsive forces, shift spaces within a certain range of himself). There hasn't been a wielder in generations but the family continues to search for one within their ranks.

They send their strongest offspring to join the Red Dawn Army to gain the trust of the Esquoria Family. Their main goal is to gain the good faith of the Esquoria Family and hopefully gain some nobility from their constant support.

There are many internal struggles in the family, mostly dealing with how they divide what the Esquoria Family gives them. They also work to raise the strongest mages. In the background, there is also the problem of the missing child. Hemi Tanaka, the younger brother of the patriarch Nue had a child with a prostitute in Eravil. Nue forced Hemi to abandon him before killing the prostitute. Before Nue killed her she cursed both Hemi and Nue with vengeance and perturbation.
Additional Information:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse