NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Sandbox/Survival/Horror - OOC / ALWAYS OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Alright, was gonna post a bit more, but I'm tired and have a headache. It's now Day 26. If you are still finishing up on Day 25 then go ahead but don't linger for longer than necessary. Also, don't speed ahead or you will be waiting until the next day.

Inactives will be considered NPC's.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huntpublic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Huntpublic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:26 am

I’m still in it, I just have spotty internet at the moment. So I couldn’t respond to your post in time Beiarusia
HUNTPUBLIC TIMES: The Huntpublican Military has joined the NATO planned Trident Juncture 2018, it's Amphibious Assault Forces will be working closely with U.S. Marines in a simulated naval invasion of Norway, 
more photos and videos to come!

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:47 pm

Still in this
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Still recovering, will try to make post.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:17 am

ROSTER has been updated. OP has been updated to include information detailing the PSYCHOTIC and HOUND.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Me and Hunt will post something either tomorrow or Thursday.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Fantrum
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:20 pm

So with the Kelly crew, who wants to post next? I know I posted last, aside from Bei, but I'll happily post again if y'all need
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Hastur
Envoy

Founded: Jul 01, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hastur » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:22 pm

Fantrum wrote:So with the Kelly crew, who wants to post next? I know I posted last, aside from Bei, but I'll happily post again if y'all need

Up to you. I'll probably get a post up tommorow depending on how my day goes.

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:28 am

Hastur wrote:
Fantrum wrote:So with the Kelly crew, who wants to post next? I know I posted last, aside from Bei, but I'll happily post again if y'all need

Up to you. I'll probably get a post up tommorow depending on how my day goes.

Ill wait for you in that case
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015

Postby United Human Planets » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:34 am

Name: James Henry Barrow (Jimmy to most)
Age (DoB): 19, DoB: August 1st, 1997
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Caucasian (Of Scots Irish decent)
Appearance:

6'1" 166lbs

Occupation: Was serving a prison sentence of 9 years in Missouri for bank robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, and assaulting an officer.
Immunity: None

Equipment:

WEAPONS: - M1911 (Lucy is carved on the side)
- x2 M1911 Magazines
- x2 boxes of 45 ACP rounds
- Bowie Knife
- Machete

CLOTHING: - Sheepskin lined jean jacket
- Brown and black flannel shirt
- white t-shirt
- Blue t-shirt
- 2x Pairs of blue jeans
- 3x Pairs of socks
- A pair of old cowboy boots
- A stetson

OTHER GEAR: - Backpack
- x2 water bottles
- x2 Nalgene's of water
- x1 box of matches
- Quilted blanket
- Nilla wafers (box if half empty)
- Three bags of beef jerky
- Trail mix
- x1 Water purification tablet

Skills: Jimmy is smart, strategically minded, and charming as a movie star. Combined, this makes him an excellent people person, and excellent at reading others. He tends to use these skills to manipulate, bully and cajole others into doing his will rather than actually trying to relate to them.
Weaknesses: Jimmy is rather thin, and not exceptionally strong. Though he is agile enough that if a fist fight was to occur he could probably get a few good licks in edgewise, he wouldn't be able to day any real damage. And one good punch would lay him out flat.

Accolades: (Badges of honor to be earned.)
NPC: (NPC's you have gained.)

Personality: Jimmy barrow is intelligent, charming, debonair, and known for being mischievous and at times even manipulative. He frequently shines in chaotic situations, and seemingly hunts trouble for the sheer entertainment of it.

He is also a laughing and joking type of young man, quick with a snarky comment of joking word, and always ready to break the ice. Often times his humor can be a little crude, and he has a foul mouth, but most agree that his humor is so earnest that you cant really be offended by it.
Likes: Conflict, adventure, people, and most of all being on top.
Dislikes: Not being in control, being in once place, nothing happening.
Fears: Jimmy's greatest phobias are needles, bugs and heights, (though he can handle flying if you pump enough Valium into him.)

On a more existential level however, Jimmy has a strong aversion to attachment, and tends to push people away because of this.

Biography: James Henry Barrow, Jimmy to most, Henry to his father who he was named after, was born in Tullos Louisiana in 1997. His father, a mechanic, and his mother, a drug addict, moved to the nearby Georgetown Louisiana soon after his birth, where Jimmy was raised. As a young boy, Jimmy was friendly and precocious, and was liked by both his fellow students and teachers at the pre-school, Sunday school, and kindergarten he attended. However, when Jimmy was 7, his mother left the family never to be seen again, and this event had a profound effect on Jimmy, instilling in him a fear of attachment that would follow him for the rest of his life, and keep him from making many real friends. He still was popular, but he stopped playing with the other children much outside of school, and began getting into fights (which he rarely won) and spending a lot of time in the woods to avoid others. As Jimmy got older, he increasingly started to hang around other kids who were similarly troublesome in school, and started stealing as well.

When he was 12, Jimmy was suspended from school for the 5th time in as many years for stabbing a fellow student with a pencil after the student told him that his mother was a drug addict who never loved him. He was nearly expelled before being placed in the Special Ed class, and being told to see the school therapist instead. This proved marginally effective, and he finished out his 6th grade year with no other incidents.

However, the next year as Jimmy began attending Middle School, his troubles started again. Jimmy began hanging out with the same kids he had been, who had begun skipping school and drinking, and he was nearly expelled for the second time when he continued to never turn up for class. He just barely managed to remain in school, but was held back nonetheless. That summer, after a barely scraped by end to the school year, Jimmy was sent to Juvenile Detention for vandalism after he spent a night breaking car headlights with a bat. Jimmy spent the next year in Juvenile Detention, before being released for freshmen year in high school.

By the time he was back at school, Jimmy had become both notorious and a source of much speculation and excitement. After all, he was the only one in school to have ever received a sentence, and most viewed him as a charming outlaw. He became popular with the girls, and even started playing guitar to amp up the image he had accidentally built around himself.

Still, Jimmy continued to forgo school in favor of causing trouble, driving around with his friends, and stealing just for shits and giggles. When he turned 16, Jimmy dropped out of high school, and left home. He made his way north into Arkansas, where he began to hang around a biker gang that was Bandidos affiliated, and though he was never a biker he was well liked by the gang for his comfort in their lifestyle and occasional work as a getaway driver. After another few years, the police became more and more aware of Jimmy and his affiliation with the gang, and so he left the state for Missouri. Once there, he rented a motel room, stayed there for one night, and then the next day robbed a bank.

Jimmy entered the bank with a .38 Special and a bandanna, and demanded that every teller hand over all of the cash in the register but the dye packed ones. He declared that if he left the building and a dye pack exploded, he would return and kill whoever gave it to him. The robbery seemed to go off without a hitch, but when he left the building a dye pack exploded, burning his left hand and drenching him with red ink. Jimmy kept his promise, and returned the the bank and firing at the first teller he saw. He never hit anyone, but as he clambered over the counter to take a second shot, a police officer entered the building from outside and grappled with Jimmy. Jimmy put up a fight, and pistol whipped the officer before another customer in the bank kicked him in the head and knocked him unconscious. Jimmy was quickly brought before court, and in the face of the overwhelming evidence against him, he was sent to jail for armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, and assaulting a police officer, as well as a slew of other small charges. He would be required to serve 10 years at the least, provided he was on good behavior. He had just recently turned 19, and was now a convicted felon.

Jimmy spent most of the next year in jail, but as the end of his first year came up, the outbreaks of T-13 were increasing in frequency across the country. After a few weeks of watching the news with his fellow inmates, soldiers ad doctors turned up at the prison, and the inmates were given daily checks for the virus. Soon, infrastructure began to collapse, and there was increasingly less food. The prisoners, angered and hungry, rose up in revolt and rioted for three days, destroying much of the prison. At this point, many of the soldiers had gone AWOL, returning home to their families, and there were larger and larger numbers of sick in the Hospital Ward were quickly rising. Riot police and MP's managed to put the riot down, but less than a week later the rioting started again, and this time with far more success. Many prisoners escaped, and the ones still inside took the warden hostage before killing him. Soon after that, what little authority was left simply gave up on the prison, and allowed the rioters to escape. Jimmy broke out in the increasing confusion, and started heading north.

As he traveled, he stopped by a farm where a family was still living. They took him in, and gave him fresh clothing. Jimmy stayed there as the infection ran rampant, and when it all seemed to be over he moved on. He hot wired cars he found in driveways and along the road, and drove them until their gas ran out or there was something blocking the road. As he traveled he picked through what he found, gather a solid set of gear to keep him going, and took a pistol from the glove compartment of a crashed mustang. After a few days of travelling, Jimmy found himself in Chicago. He met a few survivors outside of the city, and all of them told him to avoid it like the plague. But, ever searching for an adventure, Jimmy chose to ignore those warnings and head in anyways.

(I know its not required, but I tend to attach certain songs to certain characters I make. Just helps me get a vibe for who they are. So, here's Jimmys theme song for anyone curious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drpdrQq8c98)

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=441485&p=33882252#p33882252

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by United Human Planets on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:22 pm

I'll be posting soon.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:40 am

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I'll be posting soon.

I await with baited breath

Torchina
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Torchina » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:18 pm

Name: Hannibal Porter
Age (DoB): 22nd March 1995
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Luso-English
Appearance: Porter
Porter stands at 180cm and weighs roughly 80kg. His build is one of functional fitness, with his muscle primarily being built up around his thighs and torso, although most if remains hidden under a relatively obvious beer gut and layer of fat.

Immunity: None

Equipment:
  • Jeans
  • White wife beater
  • Red flannel shirt
  • Black beanie
  • Tan work boots
  • 2x pairs of socks and underwear
  • Tool belt with (1x screwdriver, 1x hammer, 1x wrench)
  • Sports duffel bag
  • 1x water bottle
  • 2x chocolate bars
  • 3x unopened 30 pack JPS Gold cigarettes
  • Illinois State Driver's License

Skills: Porter is a hard worker and unafraid of getting his hands dirty or of a hard day's work. He is also skilled with his hands and possesses a natural fitness that allows him to follow through with this desire, being slow to tire and capable of pushing his body to its physical limits. He generally knows what needs to be done, how to do it, and will follow through with it, and is unlikely to let drowsiness or emotion get in his way of completing his job.
Weaknesses: Porter is unabashedly honest, and generally ill mannered, unable to keep his comments to himself about his thoughts on other people and of the present situation. He also possesses a strong addiction to nicotine, and while not a chain smoker before the outbreak he has found himself smoking more and more in order to cope with the stress associated with living in a zombie filled world. Without cigarettes he grows more and more impatient and quick to anger than normal. He also lacks basic tactical or strategic thinking skills, his problem solving is best done by tackling issues head on than thinking of more nuanced approaches.

Accolades: (Badges of honor to be earned.)
NPC: (NPC's you have gained.)

Personality: Porter isn't personable, he doesn't like people all too much and he doesn't like conversation. He's blunt and speaks his mind, no matter the consequence. He's also very old-fashioned in his way of thinking, he doesn't take too much to the idea that life and work is supposed to be enjoyable, you work, you relax and then you die. Ultimately, he finds that he is more of a pessimist than he'd like to think, but he does gain pleasure from the little things in life like a hard day's work or a smoke or a drink. As such, he has had a hard time adjusting his way of thinking to the new world, and he's turned hard to alcohol and cigarettes.
Likes: Cigarettes, beer, women, the Chicago Bears, people who don't talk too much, and the value of a hard days work
Dislikes: "The queers", people who can't shut up, cats
Fears: Not being useful, change

Biography: Porter is a Chicago native, and damn proud of it. Born the oldest of three siblings to working class parents with respectable jobs as a construction worker and an elementary school teacher respectively, Porter lived a relatively boring life for most of his younger years. He had below average grades all throughout high school although he played relatively well for the football team. Following his graduation he got a job straight out of school as an apprentice carpenter, and has stuck with the trade ever since. Whilst his younger brothers both went on to move interstate to study at college, Porter has lived his life relatively by the books. Eventually founding his own business with a friend made through his apprenticeship and even going on to date his sister, life set into a comfortable metronome. He would go out and drink with the boys on the weekends and watch the football at night. One would be hard pressed to pick Porter's face out of a crowd.

The outbreak changed all of that, his girlfriend and his friends are gone, he has no way of contacting his parents or his brothers. All he has left is the knowledge that he is still alive, he can still work to keep his life in his hands, and the comfort of the small things that will remind him of that fact.

RP Example:
The Volghari had little to gain from an international summit, and even less to lose. It was with good reason they had gone without invite, issues in Arabekh and Rennekka were of little consequence to the Khanate. Yet the extension of invitation had been granted by the Volgarians, and thus the Cataian state found itself sending a delegation to a far-flung Midrasian colony in Majula to discuss matters that would ultimately affect their state very little in the short term. The key goal of the Volghari delegation was simple, one of diplomacy. The 2017 election had been a referendum on foreign policy, one that the Nationalists had one handily, now they were ready to fulfill those promises. Their ascession to the Coalition of Sovereign States meant that the nation had an international obligation to assist its allies in Volgaria and Torroso in their conflcits, and their invitation would allow the CSS another voice and another vote at the table. Of course, the entrance to the alliance had not come without drawbacks, namely the growing cooling of relations with the nations of Asura. Midrasia and Aquidneck, in particular, were powerful economies and possibly vital trading partners, yet rhetoric had seen the Enlightened Khanate's foreign policy grow more hostile to the two states. This would be a chance to allow Volghar to emerge on the world stage as not only a stalwart member of the CSS, but one open to negotiation with the CDN.

Catai was the primary goal of Volghari foreign policy, the Forum was proof of that, but Aeia as a whole was not to be ignored. For that purpose Yul Adhragav, the Foreign Minister found himself on a plane to Fortnouveau. The title of Foreign Minister wasn't really much in and of itself, the Khan dealt with most matters of the portfolio, rather he was more of a deputy to the Head of State. A position, along with Minister for Defence, that was commonly seen as a position existing for the purpose of grooming for leadership. For that purpose, Adhragav was joined by Thomas Iterhkh, the Newreyan-Volghari Minister for Defence, a man with a chip on his shoulder larger than some small countries. The two men were in many ways rivals, from differing factions in the Nationalist Party. Adhragav closer to the centre, Iterhkh a staunch "Volghar First" hardliner. This was an opportunity for both younger men to prove their ability in leadership, and for both to appeal to different audiences. One to the CSS, and one to the rest of the world.

The plane came down smoothly, and within a few minutes the two men along with their numerous aides were on the tarmac. The formalities of greeting were passed without incident and soon enough the two gentlemen were in the back of a private car.

"Aramas is our key issue here," Iterhkh said matter-of-factly to his colleague, "it's the only thing that concerns or our allies that we have a say in."

"Yes, whilst you hardline on that, I'll make sure the Asurans see how enlightened our new government is," Adhragav sighed, "do you not wish to discuss the issues of democracy or climate change at all? This whole conference isn't purely defence."

"Leave that to the Forum," The Minister of Defence grunted, "we're here solely on invitation of the CSS."

"You forget that climate change regulations and sanctions imposed by Yidao or Asura would cripple us, brother," The Foreign Minister answered, "our primary source of industry would collapse in and of itself overnight. You also forget that this is a chance for us to bring investment from Asura, regardless of their histories."

"Then weigh the room, and earn allies amongst the Imperialists for our plight," Iterhkh muttered, "I shall ensure that our allies are not overrun by them."

For the Queen, the Law, and the People

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:03 pm

And wait no longer. Post is up.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:58 pm

United Human Planets wrote:Name: James Henry Barrow

Sorry for the late reply. Lose a box or two of ammunition, otherwise ACCEPTED.

Torchina wrote:Name: Hannibal Porter

Dislikes: the queers. Oh boy, do I have some friends for you. ACCEPTED.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Post up, if I overstepped with my interaction with Ruby, please let me know and Ill change it immediately

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:50 am

Fantrum wrote:Post up, if I overstepped with my interaction with Ruby, please let me know and Ill change it immediately

No, don't worry the post was good!

Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:13 pm

Sorry about dropping off of the RP so suddenly. If I am still welcome, should I repost Steven's app or just get back into the IC thread?
While she had no regrets about throwing the lever to douse her husband's mistress in molten gold, Blanche did feel a pang of conscience for the innocent bystanders whose proximity had caused them to suffer gilt by association.

King of Snark, Real Piece of Work, Metabolizer of Oxygen, Old Man from The East Pacific, by the Malevolence of Her Infinite Terribleness Catherine Gratwick the Sole and True Claimant to the Bears Armed Vacancy, Protector of the Realm

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:14 pm

Oh my, a lot of names I recognize from when I was last was on Nationstates around this thread.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:21 pm

Wallenburg wrote:Sorry about dropping off of the RP so suddenly. If I am still welcome, should I repost Steven's app or just get back into the IC thread?

If you're marked inactive then just start posting again and I'll put you back in the active spots.

Otherwise, I'll post soonish depending on my schedule.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:22 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:Sorry about dropping off of the RP so suddenly. If I am still welcome, should I repost Steven's app or just get back into the IC thread?

If you're marked inactive then just start posting again and I'll put you back in the active spots.

Otherwise, I'll post soonish depending on my schedule.

No-no, I've never been in this RP, but I've recognized a lot of names from past RPs. So consider it a taggy!

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:29 pm

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:No-no, I've never been in this RP, but I've recognized a lot of names from past RPs. So consider it a taggy!

Was talking to someone else (quoted them) but welcome aboard.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:31 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:No-no, I've never been in this RP, but I've recognized a lot of names from past RPs. So consider it a taggy!

Was talking to someone else (quoted them) but welcome aboard.

Oh, oops! I think that's a sign for me to go to sleep, if I'm misreading that bad.

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:03 pm

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Oh my, a lot of names I recognize from when I was last was on Nationstates around this thread.

Hello Vekie!

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015

Postby United Human Planets » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:17 pm

First post is up.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse