NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Sandbox/Survival/Horror - OOC / ALWAYS OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Huntpublic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Huntpublic » Thu May 31, 2018 3:49 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Huntpublic wrote:
Are actually able to leave the city? I know that there is a couple of ATLAS stuff outside of the city.

EDIT: Oh, you plan on going to the Highschool. Might work. But unless we have a vehicle it might take a while to get there. Realistically.

We're gonna follow the 90 highway south and we'll camp out at the St. Patrick's Catholic Church, hopefully its clear but if not then we can also go tot he Hellenic Museum.

Edit: Im planning to go near the High School because I wanna find us a vehicle.

Okay, cool.
HUNTPUBLIC TIMES: The Huntpublican Military has joined the NATO planned Trident Juncture 2018, it's Amphibious Assault Forces will be working closely with U.S. Marines in a simulated naval invasion of Norway, 
more photos and videos to come!

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Thu May 31, 2018 4:30 pm

Huntpublic wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:We're gonna follow the 90 highway south and we'll camp out at the St. Patrick's Catholic Church, hopefully its clear but if not then we can also go tot he Hellenic Museum.

Edit: Im planning to go near the High School because I wanna find us a vehicle.

Okay, cool.

After Midwest, I'm headed to the high school campus in my car if y'all need a lift.
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views: Libertarian
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees, choice
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

Huntpublic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Huntpublic » Thu May 31, 2018 4:37 pm

Cruxa wrote:
Huntpublic wrote:
Okay, cool.

After Midwest, I'm headed to the high school campus in my car if y'all need a lift.

Maybe, that would be cool. But you probably already know, Jessie is probably going to cause some issues. Considering she is infected with one of the worse versions of the T-13 virus
HUNTPUBLIC TIMES: The Huntpublican Military has joined the NATO planned Trident Juncture 2018, it's Amphibious Assault Forces will be working closely with U.S. Marines in a simulated naval invasion of Norway, 

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Thu May 31, 2018 5:23 pm

Apologies for my lack of posts, I just haven't had the time. I should be able to squeeze something off tomorrow. National Guard armoury seems promising.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Thu May 31, 2018 5:58 pm

Cruxa wrote:
Huntpublic wrote:
Okay, cool.

Lift would be appreciated. And don't worry, as long as Samuel cares for her with some anti biotics Jessie will be fine. I hope.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Thu May 31, 2018 5:59 pm

Huntpublic wrote:
Cruxa wrote:

Maybe, that would be cool. But you probably already know, Jessie is probably going to cause some issues. Considering she is infected with one of the worse versions of the T-13 virus

I'm immune, FYI. And my car only seats 5.
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu May 31, 2018 7:00 pm

Cruxa wrote:
Huntpublic wrote:

I'm immune, FYI. And my car only seats 5.

Perfect, we're four.
"I do as I please"

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 31, 2018 7:02 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Cruxa wrote:

Lift would be appreciated. And don't worry, as long as Samuel cares for her with some anti biotics Jessie will be fine. I hope.

Using antibiotics to treat a viral infection...

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Thu May 31, 2018 7:03 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Lift would be appreciated. And don't worry, as long as Samuel cares for her with some anti biotics Jessie will be fine. I hope.

I was gonna say something but I just dismissed it
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Hastur
Envoy

Founded: Jul 01, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hastur » Thu May 31, 2018 7:14 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Lift would be appreciated. And don't worry, as long as Samuel cares for her with some anti biotics Jessie will be fine. I hope.

Probably for the wound care more specifically. I'm not a doctor however.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu May 31, 2018 8:03 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

Shuuussshhh dont tell Samuel he can't save her.
"I do as I please"

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Thu May 31, 2018 8:23 pm

Name: Alexandre Benoit
Age (DoB): 24 (22/04/92)
Nationality:Canadian
Ethnicity: Mixed (First Nations -Cree- and white)
Appearance: (Be descriptive if no picture is provided; use spoiler if picture is large. Include height and weight.)
5'7, 165lbs

Immunity: (None, Carrier, Gifted, Immune)
Immune
Equipment: (Be reasonable with starting gear.)
x1 Jacket (black)
X1 flannel shirt
X2 t-shirts
X1 cargo pants (black)
X1 drab green toque
X1 Stoeger Coach side-by-side shotgun
X11 12-guage shells
X1 short machete + sheath
X1 small tactical knife
X1 Canadian surplus backpack (olive drab)
X2 reusable water bottles
X3 cans of sardines
X1 can of baked beans
X1 can of tuna
X2 tins of crackers
X1 small flashlight
X1 extra set of AA and AAA batteries
X1 set of sunglasses
X1 roll of bandages
X1 box of Band-Aids
X1 bottle of rubbing alcohol
X1 bottle of Advil
X1 box of Sudafed
X1 small flask of whiskey
X1 notebook (half-filled)
X3 pens
X1 Samsung J7 + charger

Skills:
Combat Arms trained
Military experience
Basic First Aid and medical training
outdoorsman/hunting/survival experience
Speaks French
Weaknesses:
Lack of survival knowelege as relates to urban environments
Unused to Chicago-area and large urban cities
impetuous and a risk-taker
He's alone and far from home in a foreign country, he is jumpy and a bit out of sorts because of it
claustrophobic
English is not his first language

Accolades: (Badges of honor to be earned.)
NPC: (NPC's you have gained.)

Personality: Alexandre is quiet and reserved, yet sharp. He is not strikingly athletic, but is capable and fit. He is not the most trusting of people, preferring to stay distant, something that he is trying to work on. He can be rather hot-headed and impetuous, jumping into a situation and going straight ahead regardless of the consequences.
Likes: The outdoors, the wild, Canada, his own home in the Far North, the Army, history
Dislikes: Big cities, sit-coms, hot weather
Fears: Claustrophobic, fear of not making it home

Biography: Alexandre Benoit was born in the far, far north of Quebec, in Chapais. Born to a Cree mother and Quebecois father, Benoit was born into a relatively poor family. His father worked for Hydro-Quebec, but the family was not very well off and the vast distance between them and anything was large and meant that almost everything was expensive. However, Alexandre Benoit enjoyed his life up there immensely. He loved the outdoors and the cold, living it up during the long days of summer in the which the sun almost never set. His parents were both devoutly Catholic, something that he took to immediately and stuck with him his whole life and influenced him greatly. He did well in school, enough that he was able to go to a larger town in order to finish his secondaire and was looking at even going on to CEGEP. He eventually did so, moving to Saguenay, a larger Quebec town farther south. He did well in school and enjoyed his learning and being in a new environment far from where he was raised. However, he wasn't entirely sure he wanted to go off to university just yet. He wanted to see the world and do something cool. Something that was interesting and worthwhile. Something that would make a mark in the world. Thus, at age 17, close to his 18th birthday, he enlisted in the Canadian Army, joining the Royal 22e Regiment as an Infantry Soldier.

He loved his work in the Army, and after 10 months received his first promotion. He had had almost no English training, other than a small amount at the CEGEP, and it was here that he first began to study English more. He wanted to explore the world more, and even within his own country, he knew he would need English to get around. He faced his first deployment to Afghanistan not long after. After which he returned home and shifted his enlistment to the Primary Reserve as his enlistment ran out. He wasn't done with the military, however, he figured it was time to continue to education. He moved to the Les Fusilier Mont-Royal, the Primary Reserve unit, in Montreal and began studying at UQAM there, getting his degree in International Studies and a minor in English. He had just finished his 1st full year of studies now, and was entering into his 2nd year. He decided to take a long trip through the country and stop at as many historical and interesting places he could. He went up to Quebec City along with 2 friends, one from the military and the other a university friend, to start his trip then all the way down, back through Montreal, down to Kingston and into Toronto, heading south towards Niagara before moving back down into Michigan. It was his first time going to the United States and first time visiting another country that wasn't in the military. He stopped into Detroit before continuing along, heading towards Chicago.

That's when it happened. One day everything was wonderful and great then next he was trapped in the city of Chicago. US National Guard forces weren't allowing anybody to leave. He knew he had to get out of there, but there was no shot. As things decayed, so did his old car. Finding gas was difficult within the city and he had left it out and overused too much. Then came the infected. Rushing and attacking innocent people, spreading the infected even more. It had taken over his friend who Alexandre had to kill himself. His other friend, a man he had gone to war with in Afghanistan and fought alongside in hellish conditions in the mountains of Afghanistan, was gunned down by a looter by the 2nd week. Alexandre went into full survival mode, nothing else mattered to him anymore. He had no transportation and one mission. To survive and make it home. To see his family and make sure that they were ok. Also, for him, it was definitely the safest place to think of. Many, many miles away from the cities and other zones of mass panic and infection. He knew he was going to have to work hard to find his way out of the city and away from the hell that it was turning into.

RP Example:
Fallout South the Mason
Mutant Ascension
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 31, 2018 8:25 pm

NewLakotah wrote:Name: Alexandre Benoit

DENIED for not reading OP. Military slots are taken.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Thu May 31, 2018 8:28 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
NewLakotah wrote:Name: Alexandre Benoit

DENIED for not reading OP. Military slots are taken.

Ah, ok. Didn't even see that till just now, hard to read lol.
Last edited by NewLakotah on Thu May 31, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 31, 2018 8:33 pm

Arengin, I feel that you've gone through more ammo than 10 shots each, and Ian is taking it pretty well despite several puncture wounds to the leg and very nearly dying. Considering he's a toddler he'd not be okay for the most part, emotionally.
Just a thought.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Thu May 31, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu May 31, 2018 9:13 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Arengin, I feel that you've gone through more ammo than 10 shots each, and Ian is taking it pretty well despite several puncture wounds to the leg and very nearly dying. Considering he's a toddler he'd not be okay for the most part, emotionally.
Just a thought.

k
"I do as I please"

Negarakita
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Negarakita » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:46 am

Due to time constraints I'm gonna have to pull out. Sorry fellas, it looks like a fun rp.
Muslim revert, supporting wasatiyyah for a true and moderate expression of our faith. Political centrist.

The Roman Confederacy
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Roman Confederacy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:45 am

Name: James Grayson
Age (DoB): 36 (DoB 7/4/1983)
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: African-American
Appearance: https://www.google.com/search?q=post+apocalypse+survivor+art&client=ms-android-doogee&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwirxbHQwLHbAhWJjlkKHXSfAZQQ_AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=512#imgrc=oOXYAq9VaIG-MM(Photo Attached) (Height is 6’3, weighing 210lbs)

Immunity: Carrier

Equipment:
•M4 Carbine, foregrip and Tactical Light, carry Strap
• Beretta 92
• Night Stick
• Portable Radio (walkie, dead batteries)
• Wrist watch
• 10 5.56x45mm rounds
• 15 9x19mm Rounds
• 1 Kevlar Vest
• Backpack containing 1 days worth of human and K-9 Food rations, a Bandage, a pair of civilian clothes.
• Police Uniform
• Tactical Gloves, Knee pads, Elbow Pads and steel toe boots
• Pocket knife
• 1 Gallon Gas can (Empty)
• 2 boxes of matches
• Flint and striker fire starter
• Swiss Army Knife
• An old picture of his mother
• Smartphone

Skills:
Marksmanship: Grayson spent many lonely nights at gun ranges across Chicago, perfecting His aim on ballistic gels and paper targets, pushing himself harder and harder to outperform his previous best.
Police Training: All the ins and outs of standard police training.
Threat Assessment: Able to assess situations and individuals with tactical awareness, utilizing his skill to the best of his ability and neutralize threats as quickly as possible.
Basic Survival Skills: Grayson spent sleepless nights watching action movies and browsing the internet for pointless facts, picking up some of his survival skills from those, learning others from his friends in the police force, many of whom had former military service

Weaknesses:
Hand To hand Combat/Speed/Agility: Having been a K-9 officer for several years, Grayson has seldom had to engage belligerent or hostile suspects beyond holding them down long enough to cuff, thanks to his four legged companion. His speed and agility are affected just the same, as he did have to chase suspects through streets and backyards dozens of times, he never had to run far because jack always caught the suspects.

Accolades:
NPC: “Jack” K-9 Police Dog (not really sure this would be an NPC however)

Personality: Grayson is a loner, but quick to trust in times of need, preferring to keep to himself, may blur the line between right and wrong sometimes but stays relatively true to his moral compass. He likes to believe that after all he has seen and all he has gone through to survive that his heart has turned cold, but despite this he still has a capacity for compassion and things do still get to him. Prefers to travel alone, save for his K-9 after prolonged isolation, and typically makes an effort to other survivors whenever possible. Can often be observed making conversation with Jack, his dog companion.

Dislikes: Large crowds, loud noises, encountering hostile people or infected.
Fears: Deep bodies of water, heights, The Night, losing jack.

Biography:
Born to a lowly heroin addict and an unknown father on the streets of Chicago, Grayson often followed his mother wherever she went, as she did whatever was necessary to feed her son, her self and her addiction. Grayson never had many of the opportunities most children had, such as a loving family, friends to play with or relatives to visit. Grayson's moral compass developed early on, having a clear understanding of right and wrong from a young age after struggling through the abhorrent lifestyle he and his mother had to endure, bouncing from hotel to hotel and couch to couch. The few years that his mother did manage to nail down a cheap apartment to stay, life wasn't much better.

The schools Grayson attended were often times in poor neighborhoods and Grayson had no choice but to mix in with the bad apples that would grow into hardened criminals, but he did his best to avoid them at all costs, he didn't do much socializing at school, especial with girls, but every now and then he had to feign an interest to mask his biggest secret. Grayson even spent time in the schools musical class for 5 months, learning to play the piano decently. Graysons life took a change when an officer arrived at his school, giving a seminar on crime, drug and alcohol abuse and violence inspiring the young man to take steps to fight “the good fight”.

Opting instead of college, just a few short years out of highschool grayson enrolled in the police academy, excelling in almost all fields, making many great friends in his class, Grayson picked up a great many skills, after graduation and 4 years as a beat cop, he had a brief stint in the CPD SWAT Unit, leaving instead after a close call on his last operation as a swat officer in which a rogue man made a bomb threat, and when the SWAT Arrived and tried to breach the house heignited several propane tanks and the house along with it, the ensuing explosion nearly killed Grayson.

Grayson then transferred to the K-9 unit, having a knack for working with animals and retirement nowhere in sight. Grayson was one of the first responders called up when the infected first popped up in the city, naturally the dogs got called in after it was suspected the infected had used a bad batch of methamphetamine, PCP or bathsalts, but as the infection spread and officers fell or evacuated in the droves, Grayson was one of the few left behind and standing after the quarantine, and he'd be damned if this of all things was what killed him.

RP Example:
Ottoman Embassy, Central Fairhaven
Captain Mehmed Jahir, Embassy Special Security Forces

Needless to say, Mehmed was not pleased. They had all watched the news, all 40 of the embassies special security force, the apparently unprovoked shooting of an unarmed man sparked city wide outrage amongst the populace as pressure on the Fairhaven government amounted, their city council unwilling to issue the officer involved a criminal sentence or even a dismissal of duty. Despite this, the pressure was not felt by the local government alone, city wide the embassies of almost a dozen nations were put on edge with racial and political tensions rising. It was becoming very clear to everyone that local law enforcement was quickly losing control of the entire situation.

Many foreign embassies, particularly those of nations suspected of having any association with the irusian government were under a seemingly endless assault from rioters, as far as Mehmed and his colleagues knew the violence Seldom escalated to anything more than being pelted with rocks or angry chanting outside of their gates, but such would not be the case for long. Mehmed himself being a veteran of the Second Syrian Uprising, and having many colleagues, relatives and associates throughout the Ottoman Military that saw action in the first, he was no stranger to this type of civil unrest, having witnessed and dealt with it first hand, he knew that embassy security was virtually ungauranteeable in situations like this.

Mehmed had been awoken at roughly 4 AM as regular security guards reported a large gathering of unarmed protestors outside the main gates of the large compound that was the embassy, as the hours passed and the crowd grew larger however, the crowds desire for peace disappeared within moments. It first began with rioting, many of the new crowd members being either fully or ethnically Syrian, Palestinian or Arabic themselves or sympathizers chanting the usually cries for the release of their various home lands from the ottoman empire. Once the crowd realized the embassy guardsmen were all but ignoring their demands for sovereignty they began small scale rioting, picking up whatever was on hand and smashing store fronts, destroying signs and even lighting several small cars ablaze. Once they realized this failed to accomplish their goal, they resorted to pitching their newfound weapons at, or over the embassy gates, even striking a few guards. As the call was put out to Fairhaven law enforcement and violence continuously escalated, several squads of Fairhaven riot troopers and SWAT units arrived on scene, making faint attempts at pushing their populace back from the gates.

By this time, the special forces soldiers that made up the Embassies Special Security Team had already suited up in full military attire on their way to the embassy armory, and were anxiously stalking the various walkways outside of the embassy building, the embassy team and regular security forces already retreating inside the embassy preparing to burn every useful document and wipe the hard drive of every electronic device in the building. By now it was turning deadly for the riot troopers as some protesters took swings at the large shields the troopers donned with whatever weapons they had, steal pipes, knives, shards of glass and the likes.

And things were about to get a whole lot worse, several rioters showed up to the scene armed with sidearms, hunting rifles, shotguns and even a few Assault Rifles and taunted the riot/swat police for several moments before the first shots rang out. For every one SWAT officer that fell, five rioters fell with him as the police returned fire with a vengeance, spraying wildly into the crowds, the screams of the innocents drowned out by the steady pops of automatic weapons fire.

However, as magazines ran dry and as police numbers dwindled, mehmed quickly gave the order for the SST to partially open the gate and bring in as many police officers as possible. As his own men scrambled to pull in shell shocked and wounded officers from the bloodied streets they fought on, mehmeds men were completely oblivious to the gunmen that approached just outside the gates.

Emir, Watch out! Mehmed screamed at the top of his lungs, as one of his subordinates who scrambled to half pull a partially wounded swat officer past the gates was caught completely off guard by a revolver wielding gunman, a single shot ripping through his neck, Emir fell hard to the ground, clenching his neck and gurgling up blood with each feeble attempt at breathing. It was as if time nearly slowed to a halt for mehmed, the dull roar of the crowd of rioters and the loud cracks of rifle fire inaudible to him as his focus was set like a lazor on the gunman that was now turning his weapon to face him. Mehmed instinctively dropped to one knee, his heart pounding in his ears as the iron sights of his M-76 battle rifle slowly came into focus, center mass of the gun man. With one squeeze of the trigger, his round raced out of the barrel, flying through the air at lighting speeds and into its target.

The gunman's sternum was shattered instantly as the large caliber round ripped through his chest cavity, shreddimg a lung and reducing one of his shoulder blades to dust as it exited out the other side, leaving nothing in its wake but a fine red mist that settled onto the black asphalt below him, the same asphalt on which he collapsed motionlessly on to, presumably dead, mehmed had no time to check and see. The rest of the guards immediately followed suit, opening fire on every rioter who got within 15 feet of the embassy gates, receiving occasional pot shots in their direction in return.

Mehmed and his men fell back away from the now locked shut gate, dragging with them wounded policemen as word traveled quick and the diplomatic team began systematically destroying any and all documents and information, putting out an emergency communication to the Fairhaven and ottoman governments. Although their fates remained uncertain, mehmed new one thing, he wasn't ready to die today.........

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Roster has been updated.
FYI, I'm on vacation, so although I have internet access I may not be able to post much for the next few days.

The Roman Confederacy wrote:Name: James Grayson

Although the app has some promise I must sadly deny it on the grounds of military/police slots being full at the moment.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Hopefully I can still re-app... here is a new one, if I can.

Name: Alexis Martin
Age (DoB): 29 (11/05/87)
Nationality: Canadian
Ethnicity: French-Canadian
Appearance: (Be descriptive if no picture is provided; use spoiler if picture is large. Include height and weight.)
5'10 175lbs

Immunity: Immune

Equipment:
x1 Jacket (black)
X1 flannel shirt
X2 t-shirts
X1 cargo pants (black)
X1 Montreal Canadiens toque
X1 Stoeger Coach side-by-side shotgun
X11 12-guage shells
X1 short machete + sheath
X1 small tactical knife
X1 large backpack
X2 reusable water bottles
X3 cans of sardines
X1 can of baked beans
X1 can of tuna
X2 tins of crackers
X1 small flashlight
X1 extra set of AA and AAA batteries
X1 set of sunglasses
X1 roll of bandages
X1 box of Band-Aids
X1 bottle of rubbing alcohol
X1 bottle of Advil
X1 box of Sudafed
X1 small flask of whiskey
X1 notebook (half-filled)
X3 pens
X1 Samsung J7 + charger
Skills:
Strong: He works out a bit, and is relatively strong
Tough Mudder: He has done and completed several of the tough mudder challenges, which means he's fit.
smart: educated, knowledgeable, knows and understands people somewhat
Bilingual (English and French): not much of an advantage, but it might come in handy one day
Worldly: He's traveled a lot, been around the world somewhat, mostly for work some for pleasure. Gives him a better understanding of people and how things work. His job is working with people from all around the world, he knows how to work with people from just about any background.
Weaknesses:
inexperienced: Doesn't know what on earth is going on, doesn't really know what to do either.
Terrain: Not from Chicago, or even the US for that matter, so is unfamiliar with everything just a bit.
Lost: he doesn't know what to do, what is around Chicago, How to get out or even where to go. He is totally lost.
the corner office: He is successful within his job, but that mostly means working in an office and dealing with numbers. Not street survival. He knows economics as good as just about anybody, but economists isn't what the world needs right now. Nor will it help him survive the apocalypse.

Accolades:
NPC: )

Personality: suave, friendly, stable. He is a great dealmaker and traveler. Knows how to meet people. Knows how to read people. But that's business, not survival.
Dislikes: Watching TV, Chicago, fighting
Fears: claustrophobic, now - sleeping. He is afraid to close his eyes and get killed in his sleep.

Biography: Alexis was born Levis, Quebec, just across the way from Quebec City. He was raised in a middle-class family, to a hard working father who occasionally enjoying taking out hiking, skiing and the occasional hunting trip. His father was a University professor at Universite Laval, teaching history. His mother worked for the city government. Between them, and his younger brother, they enjoyed a solid life in Quebec City area. He also enjoyed when he was able to travel, and during summer and Christmas vacations, they often visiting across Canada, the United States, the Bahamas, France and South Africa. Alexis was a decent student, never at the top of his class, but did well in history and math. He had almost no idea what he wanted to do with his life, but his parents were adamant that he go on to university. After graduating from his CEGEP he did, but not before taking a gap year abroad, using money he had been saving up since he starting working when he started high school, and with some extra funds from his parent. He left with a friend of his down to Africa, living and backpacking across Senegal and to the Ivory Coast. He loved it there, and they spent 3 months there, before heading north up to France and Belgium for another month before heading back to Canada. The next fall he enrolled at the Universite Laval, the Economics program. He still wasn't entirely sure what he wanted to do, but he knew that he wanted to work abroad. Live overseas and see the world.

He did well at university and when he graduated, he was accepted to take an internship with the OECD in France. He lived there for the term of the internship before returning to Canada to start his career fully. He immediately got a job working at RBC as an Associate in Global Banking when he was 23. He enjoyed his job immensely and gained valuable work experience but it wasn't entirely what he wanted to do. He stuck with the job for 2 years before going back to get his Masters in Economics and International Development from the University of Geneva in Switzerland. From there he got a job working as an Economist for the World Bank, working in South Africa for 2 years until he was 29. From there he returned home. Back to Canada and Quebec. He was preparing to take his new assignment with the CoN back in Africa in the middle of the summer. However, before he decided to visit an old friend living in Chicago. He decided to make a trip of it. Using his time off to take more or less a short holiday in the United States. Driving down from Toronto-area down through Detroit and into Chicago, where he was planning on spending 2 weeks before he would fly out from Chicago O'Hare back over to South Africa.

That's when the outbreak happened. At first, he had no idea what was happening. Suddenly US National Guard forces were stepping in CDC personnel were running around in full gear. He knew things were serious, and no matter how he tried, he had no way of making it out of the city. Panicking, he tried everything; the airport, trains, driving. Nothing. He was trapped. Then things got worse, something he didn't thing could happen. The infected began to rise. Attacking others, infecting more and causing a massive panic. Alexis was one of them. He spend many a night hunkered down in his friend's apartment. Too scared to leave, to scared to do anything. He watched the news as things got worse and worse. The Quarantines had failed, the whole country, possibly even the whole world was falling apart. Soon he began to run out of food and supplies. There was nothing there. His friend had long since succumbed to the infection. However, he wasn't an idiot. He knew numbers. He would run out of food and he would have to go. But where? North. And West. That's all he could think of. Low population means less chance of outbreaks and spreading and the infected. Colder weather might be able to kill the infected, who knows. But that was his only plan. He had managed to scrounge up a few supplies and even a gun, but he was far from ready, or even certain of what his next steps would be
RP Example:
Fallout South the Mason
Mutant Ascension

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:24 pm

Name: James A. Marceau
Age (DoB): 2-3-87
Nationality: Nationality
Ethnicity: White American
Appearance:

Immunity: None

Equipment:
Skills: James is generally athletic and commonly hikes in Thatcher Woods and goes kayaking in Lake Michigan. He enjoys staying active, a hold over from his days of track and field.
Weaknesses: James has never experienced nor is prepared for something as serious. He is a naive individual and someone that hasn't really experienced hardship in his life.

Accolades: (Badges of honor to be earned.)
NPC: N/A

Biography: James was born in the Bucktown neighborhood of Chicago to Joseph and Elaine (nee Mykolaichuk). He grew up in a fairly upper middle class family. He was the oldest of three children and attended the Pulaski International School of Chicago and later the Bucktown Academy where he excelled in mathematics and athletics. He was a standout Track and Field athlete. He attended the University of Chicago on a scholarship and majored in Computer Science. He competed for the University and placed well in regional competition but never was able to enter higher competition. He graduated from school where he spent some time looking for work. He first started working for Integrys Energy Group as a Security Programer where he would program security features to the computer system of the company. He ended up moving to a small apartment in Ravenswood and started to settle down. After a few years His position was terminated after structural reworks within the company. After a little looking he found an open position within Atlas Corporation. He applied and after a few weeks of rigorous interviews and background checks he was granted a junior IT position in the company.

After a few years he rose steadily through the corporate structure to being one of the top guys in the field. While he was never allowed to access corporate files he was present in backing up and securing Atlas information. He was fairly good at his job and kept a low profile at work, preferring to keep things simple.

On the day of the bio-attacks James had returned from working out at the Urban Athlete near his apartment. He returned to his apartment to watch the news and see what had happened as he was getting ready to go into work. At first he had chosen to head off to a friends home and hunker down hoping that the government would take care of the issue. But as the situation deteriorated and after series of small gun fights near the building he set out to find somewhere safer around the 17th day of the outbreak. He grabbed a gallon jug of water he still had and stuck it in a backpack as well as his employee ID incase he was able to use it for anything. He left looking for a safezone he had heard of. However as he really started to get a grasp of the situation he came to the conclusion that the safe zones were not something that he could get to. He ended up going with a small group who wanted to get a boat and head off to Canada. However as the days went by the group quickly desilved as disagreements quickly arised. Soon James was back on his own, as he was walking one night to change positions and scavenging for stuff while the infected seemed more dorment, he came across the body of a dead police officer. He picked up his pistol, a Springfield XD pistol with no ammo in it or on the body of the officer. He took the pistol anyway and would use it scare off others he didn’t want to deal with as he travelled through Chicago looking for somewhere safe.

RP Example:

Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Huntpublic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Huntpublic » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:28 am

Beiarusia wrote:Roster has been updated.
FYI, I'm on vacation, so although I have internet access I may not be able to post much for the next few days.

if ya don't mind me asking, where are you vacationing at?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:16 am

Huntpublic wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Roster has been updated.

if ya don't mind me asking, where are you vacationing at?

Georgia and Clearwater, Florida.

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:29 am

So I'm headed to the high school for those who wanted to meet there.
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:42 am

Cruxa wrote:So I'm headed to the high school for those who wanted to meet there.

Kelly High School? Good luck.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse