NATION

PASSWORD

The Precedent of the United States: 2052 Election RP [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Thu May 31, 2018 1:59 pm

Wright Campaigns Schedule
Sunday: Campaign Rally in Mesa, Arizona.
Monday: Campaign Rally in Queens, New York. Meeting with potential investors
Tuesday: Rally in San Francisco, California. Meeting with potential investors
Wednesday: Campaign Rally in Dover, Delaware. Release of new campaign ad “The Underdog.”
Thursday: Campaign Rally in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Friday: Campaign Rally in San Jose, California. Meeting with potential investors
Saturday: Campaign Rally in Long Beach, California. Meeting with potential investors.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu May 31, 2018 7:09 pm

Northeast Regional Headquarters for Guess 2052
New York City, NY

Theo stood in the common room of the office, passing around, thinking of what to do next. His Campaign Manager, Mohamed, was also in the room, sitting down in a chair. Both of them were on speakerphone with Eric and Shannon, the Campaign's Treasurer and a Former US Senator.

"We're only 106 delegates from securing the nomination. By the end of the next round of primaries, we're going to be the nominee." Said Eric.

"What's our best strategy for winning in the primary that will help me in the general?" Theo asked.

"Winning New York, it's probably the hardest state for us to win in the next round, but if we could win it now, it would be easier to win in the General." Said Mohamed.

"The only problem is, the democrat the always wins New York is a moderate." Said Theo.

"That would be a problem..." Said Mohamed as Theo scratched his head.

"Shannon, would we have enough money to do rallies in poor neighborhoods in NYC, help those people to register to vote, and then transport them to voting places?" Theo asked.

"Let me run some numbers..." Said Shannon before clicking noises could be heard from the background.

"We'd have to be able to afford to do the usually stops too, Rallies in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany. Speaking at Universities, a Tour of North New York, all that jazz." Said Theo while the three of them waited for an answer.

"We'd be going over budget for New York, but we could do it. But, it would be a good idea to add some more Fundraisers if we go with this plan." Answered Shannon.

"California is a good mine we haven't tapped yet. While you're on the campaign trail I can do some Fundraisers back home?" Said Eric.

"Would you be able to go up and down the coast and hit some inland cities and still have time to campaign in Arizona's Hispanic Areas, while Celeste takes on the Native Areas?" Asked Theo.

"I mean, there's a reason I'm not teaching this semester." Responded Eric.

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:01 pm

Wright Campaign Schedule
Sunday: Campaign Rally in Washington DC. Meeting with potential investors.
Monday: Campaign Rally in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Tuesday: Campaign Rally in Newark, New Jersey. Meeting with possible investors.
Wednesday: Campaign Rally in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Thursday: Campaign Rally in Fresno, California
Friday: Campaign Rally in New York City, New York. Meeting with potential investors.
Saturday: Campaign Rally in Phoenix, Arizona

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vienna Eliot » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:06 pm

Primary Results — Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, Delaware, New York
Precincts Reporting: 100%

Republican Primaries
Egilson: 0 delegates
Wright: 264 delegates
Whitehorse 0 delegates

Michigan
Egilson: 49.28%
Wright: 49.43%
Whitehorse: 1.29%

Wisconsin
Egilson: 30.55%
Wright: 69.45%
Whitehorse: not on ballot

Arizona
Egilson: 43.14%
Wright: 45.17%
Whitehorse: 11.69%

Deleware
Egilson: 23.17%
Wright: 75.55%
Whitehorse: 1.28%

New York
Egilson: 42.73%
Wright: 57.27%
Whitehorse: not on ballot

Democratic Primaries
Guess: 339 delegates
Faulkner: 190 delegates

Superdelegates Declared
Guess: 339 delegates
Faulkner: 4 delegates
Unpledged: 0 delegates

Michigan
Guess: 51.21%
Faulkner: 48.79%

Wisconsin
Guess: 55.77%
Faulkner: 44.23%

Arizona
Guess: 86.83%
Faulkner: 13.17%

Delaware
Guess: 59.39%
Faulkner: 40.61%

New York
Guess: 64.21%
Faulkner: 35.79%

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:23 am

Wright Campaign Schedule
Sunday: Campaign Rally in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Meeting with potential investors.
Monday: Campaign Rally in Cleveland, Ohio.
Tuesday: Campaign Rally in South Bend, Indiana.
Wednesday: Campaign Rally in Anaheim, California. Meeting with potential investors.
Thursday: Campaign Rally in Gallup, New Mexico.
Friday: Campaign Rally in Jersey City, New Jersey. Meeting with potential investors.
Saturday: Campaign Rally in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Wright was sitting on a couch in a waiting room. He was excited, he was refreshed and ready to tussle anything in his way. 264-0-0 he thought over and over again. He could not stop thinking about it. In fact, he had barely got any sleep last night because of it.

He was getting himself pumped up. Egilsons a fool to keep on going after this. he thought. Nobody believed that Gary Wright could win, and now look at ‘em, I’m one large step closer to winning the nomination!

As he was getting himself even more excited, an aide came in. “On in five, Senator Wright.” He began to walk towards the stage, he was jumping off the walls, he was ready to pin down anyone who got in his way.

After Ohio Governor Zach Harrison was done speaking, he introduced Senator Wright. “And now, the man who is the dictionary’s definition of an underdog. Your next president Senator Gareth B. Wright!”

Wright was walking onstage with a large smile on his face. He shook hands with the Governor who told him “Go Get Egilson.” He walked up to the podium, still as hyped up as ever, and waited for the audience to settle down.

“Thank you Ohio for the gracious welcome and thank you Governor Harrison for the warm welcome!” More applause began before he even began his speech.

“Thank you again and for all the people who voted for me a couple of days ago. Honestly, I thought I would probably win a couple of those states. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I could win Wisconsin and Michigan. I now know that there are people who still believe this campaign will go for the Wright Guy!” Applause began again as he had hyped up the audience as much as he had hyped up himself.

“Egilson thought that he had this nomination in the bag. Egilson thought that his Libertarian Party strategy could still win in this party. Well let me tell you, Egilson. We aren’t some damn libertarian party, we are the Republican Party with a hard R. We won’t let some party flippers take over our establishment. We won’t allow these kinds of people to control us. We want a man who has a stable economic plan, will break open our partisan government, and lead our nation to continue to be a power in the world!”

The applause was even louder was even louder this time and then they began chanting “Wright with a hard R” over and over again and began hyping up more and more people in the audience. The applause seemed like it went on for hours and now. He walked off stage and began high giving members of the audience, happily shaking hands, and had the biggest smile on his face. He was now going to take back the nomination.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Sacramento, CA
The morning after Primaries, 11 AM
Theo Guess

"Time to find a Vice President," Theo said as he poured the coffee into his glass. As he walked over to the dining room table the ice in his glass cracked. The three leaders of his Vice Presidental Selection Committee, his Campaign Chairman Mohamed, US Senator from California Yang, and Secretary of Energy George. As well as his Vetting Process leader, the Attorney General of California Hernadez, were all on speakerphone.

"Anybody in mind?" Asked Mohamed over the phone.

"Governor Santos of Texas, Governor Osbourne of Louisana, Governor Randolph of Georgia, Supreme Court Justice Flint, and Vice President Cahill all come to mind. I do think we'll win Texas and the Hispanic vote in the general, but some extra help from their Governor and Brae is just too... Brae. Osbourne and Cotton are both two black women with strong stories, not to mention we all have similar politics. Flint because he is a progressive southern appointed by President Graham all the way back in 2030. I definitely want all to vet all four of them now to find out if they'll work. Cahill, like I, said with Santos, being from Texas and all. But, I swear to god she's the only Progressive voice in the Fischer Administration, thank god the Senate was controlled by the Democrats in 2049."

"Ok, I'll look into them." Said Hernadez.

"Besides them, want should we look for?" Asked Mohamed again.

"Well for starters they have to be closer to me politically than they would be to Faulkner. No West Coasters, Gulf and Atlantic Coasters should be where we look, but I'm open to having someone from a red state I won. I want people who have both been Governors and Senators or Representatives the most, but if they have only been a Governor I won't mind. If they have only been a Senator, then they're going to have to of been a Senator for at least 2 full terms. And for Representatives, they're going to have to be known nationwide or from a swing state. Under no circumstances will I have a CEO or anything like that as my VP. A member of the military would be a nice find. If the person is only a Mayor, no. As for Cabinet members, I'm not sure if there is any that are still relevant, let alone any that I'd want as VP, but hey, if you guys can find one that you think would work well you can add him to the list of possibles. I think that's about it."

"Is that all?"

"Tell Faulkner that my offer no longer stands. I'll probably just give it to his good old friend Navarro."

"Will do."
Last edited by New Cobastheia on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:06 pm

Wright Campaign Schedule
Sunday: Campaign Rally in Portland, Oregon. Release of new campaign ad “Reasonable Candidate, Reasonable Taxes.”
Monday: Campaign Rally in Ogden, Utah. Meeting with LDS President and other Mormons.
Tuesday: Campaign Rally in Gary, Indiana.
Wednesday: Campaign Rally in Cincinnati, Ohio. Meeting with potential investors.
Thursday: Campaign Rally in Omaha, Nebraska.
Friday: Campaign Rally in Washington DC. Meeting with potential investors.
Saturday: Campaign Rally in Great Falls, Montana.

Wright was getting his hair done in a dressing room when suddenly, his campaign manager James Dykstra came in to talk to him.

“What do you want?” Wright said while he was still getting his haircut.

“We almost have the nomination in our hands, and I want to start talking possible VP choices.”

“I’m interested, what do you have in mind Dykstra?”

“We need some sort of minority. If you don’t show that you are going to work with minorities, you will lose the general election.”

“I’m on board 120%, who do you have in mind?”

“I only have a couple of people now.” Dykstra said getting prepared to list some people off.

“First I have Harry Yang, the current Governor of Virginia. He has a lot of experience as a former senator and can rally huge crowds. A problem is, he is very unknown and that could be a problem in the general election.”

“Very interesting, who else you got.” Wright was done with his haircut and was as interested as ever.”

“We now have Anthony Warner, The incumbent senator from New York. Warner is a Social Liberal but a Fiscal Conservative, which could hurt you. However, he also has a record as a war hero and is an African American with an inspiring backstory that could get voters. Next we have Daniel Clarke, a 6 term Native American Representative from Oklahoma. He is also a social liberal and fiscal conservative. He has done a lot for Native Americans in Congress and other minorities.”

“Nice. Anybody else.” Wright was in a hurry as an aide cued him he was on in 10.

“One last person. Margaret Perry, Incumbent Governor of Massachusetts. She has been a strong woman’s rights activist and could help you with the woman vote. She is a very well known politician. However, she could harm you with the male vote.”

“Interesting. I will consider them. But now, I have to leave.”

Wright walked onstage as the previous speaker introduced him, General James Anderson. The audience was roaring with applause and cheers. People chanting “Go Get Him, Gary” again and again until the audience settled down and he began to speak.

“Hello Portland City. Thank you for being so gracious and letting me into your home. You are such an amazing city but sadly, you have been one of the cities hit the hardest by the economic stagnant. You have already heard of my plan for the economy, but what about my tax plan. My plan involves a flat tax system, a system that involves taxing everyone the same amount. I have found it as the best way to shrink our debt while also making our nation more business friendly. If this tax plan is resolved, Portland will no longer need to suffer the economic effects of this stagnant!”

Huge applause followed, Wright was smiling as usual and waiting for them to end. “Thank you, everybody, thank you. You have also probably heard about the Democratic Candidate, Theo Guess. And while I do agree that he was a good Premier of California, I think that’s as far as he should stay. If Premier Guess was elected, it would destroy Nonpartisanship and compromise along with it. He also is a party boy who has no idea how to run an economy and is leaving behind blue collar workers. If I am elected, nobody will ever be left behind. Not women, not blacks, not Hispanics, not Asians, not blue collar workers, not entrepreneurs, nobody will be left behind under my administration!”

Cheers came all across the room. People started chanting “No More Guesses” again and again. Wright couldn’t even hear himself think. He got away from the crowd after giving a couple of high fives, handshakes, and fist bumps. He knew that if his supporters were this energetic, he could win.
Last edited by Helowi on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:49 pm

Last edited by New Cobastheia on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:38 am

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Final Republican Primary Debate
Hollywood Park Stadium | Los Angeles, California

"Camera three. Jib up. Anthony, tell them to clap."

The audience roared with applause, red and white lights flashing as Wright walked on stage.

"And United States Senator, Gareth B. Wright."

"That's all of them. Give them the sign."

Cooper emphatically nodded, and the two candidates made their way to the podiums.

"For viewers just joining us, I'm Chris Cooper and we're here at the Hollywood Park Stadium in Los Angeles for the fifth and final GOP debate of the 2052 election. We've already welcomed the candidates on stage, and I'm joined by Ron Lime and Ellie Watters who will be asking questions with me, and before we dive into the issues, I'd like to go over some of the ground rules. As the moderator I'll ask the questions and the followups, and each candidate will get one minute [one post] to answer questions and thirty seconds [one post] for followups and rebuttals. I'll give the candidates a chance to respond if they've been singled out for criticism. We have lights to let our candidates know when their time is up."

Cooper looked up at the lights in the ceiling, then turned to the candidates.

"Let's start out by letting the candidates introduce themselves, starting with Congressman Egilson. Congressman, the floor is yours."

Zjaum
Senator

Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Debate Opening

"Well, it's good to be here. My name is Benjamin Egilson, and I've spent what's amounted to decades serving my small corner of the United States and doing it well. I felt that I could scale my ideas of transparency, development, and innovation to a national scale, and I'm glad that a lot of Americans agree with me. A surprising amount, from what I've seen. I look forward to representing millions of more Americans, regardless of background. Thank you."

San Francisco Rally, a Couple Days Earlier

"Hello, everyone! It's great to be with you all! Before I continue I have a special surprise for you all! Now, you may have wondered about the last two winners of the video contest. In the background, we've had several problems with contacting the winners and reaching settlements and whatnot, but we finally have them! I'd love to share them with you, and these will be shown all across the Pacific coast!"

"America is fed up with leaders. Leaders, in their all-knowing wisdom, have led America to conduct their personal, wildly unpopular pet projects, throwing American ideals to the wayside and pushing trillions of dollars' worth of debt on the next leaders. They don't listen to the people, and they never will. America needs a representative. Someone with experience on the ground level to relate to his people, and with experience at the top levels to stand firm against the changing tides of Washington politics. Egilson has both, and he is determined to represent all Americans on a global scale, no matter how much others cast them aside. Vote Egilson 2052!"

Pictures of Seattle are shown on the screen, followed by pictures of Spokane and Tacoma towards the end. "Stagnation: the death of empires. Where do you go when there are no more worlds to conquer? Many politicians find solace in regulating their economy to the dirt, under the guise of progress or their own personal morals. They never see the cost of their so-called morality on the lower classes. And so the baton is handed off to the developers. The innovating cities. Businesses move in droves to new places, and young startups take action in fertile soil. This is what saves the country. Wouldn't it be great if all America was like this? Vote Egilson 2052."
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Support: Paleo-imperialism, conservatism, libertarianism, Christianity.
Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,
The stars will be ours someday.

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:23 pm

Wright Opening Statement
“Good evening, My name is Gareth Bartholomew Wright. I am a former businessman and a U.S. Senator from my home state of Minnesota. I have worked in the senate as a bipartisan and have made bills with democrats and republicans alike. My presidency won’t be a presidency that splits this country, it will be a presidency that unites liberals and conservatives alike. I know I have the guts, the common sense, the knowledge, and the experience to be your next President of the United States. Thank you.”
Last edited by Helowi on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:12 pm

“Governor, Senator, thank you.” Cooper looked down at a set of notecards in front of him.

“Tonight’s debate will broadly ask two key areas of questions — about domestic policy on the one hand, and foreign policy on the other. Talking about the economy first, our first question is directed at both of you. With privately-held debt spiraling out of control, electricity prices on the rise again, and a workforce now nearing 60% automation, Americans fear losing their homes, their vehicles, and their jobs. What steps will you take, as President of the United States, to fix the economy back to how it was, say, even just 30 years ago?”

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Vienna Eliot wrote:“Governor, Senator, thank you.” Cooper looked down at a set of notecards in front of him.

“Tonight’s debate will broadly ask two key areas of questions — about domestic policy on the one hand, and foreign policy on the other. Talking about the economy first, our first question is directed at both of you. With privately-held debt spiraling out of control, electricity prices on the rise again, and a workforce now nearing 60% automation, Americans fear losing their homes, their vehicles, and their jobs. What steps will you take, as President of the United States, to fix the economy back to how it was, say, even just 30 years ago?”

Governor? Oh, shoot, the moderator didn't confuse him with Guess, did he? Eh, they'll ridicule him in the aftermath gaffes; no need to bring it up now...

"I will say this, because getting rid of automation would be a stunt to economic progress, and stunting economic progress would mean we've lost already. Keep the automation going and expand on it. In the meantime, however, we give humans the task of what humans do best: analysis, finding patterns, finding new, creative solutions to problems. It seems like everyone is focusing on an us-or-them mentality when it comes to robots, when there's a clear symbiosis that we can find. I found that symbiosis back when I ran Red Bluff, and I believe I can do so again. Create a good soil for new ideas to grow, and the success of the few that make it will bring prosperity to the many that don't, naturally. If not, I'm sure that government-funded cheap housing and cheap transportation is a simple last resort."
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:56 am

Vienna Eliot wrote:“Governor, Senator, thank you.” Cooper looked down at a set of notecards in front of him.

Wright heard Egilson speak, and then began to talk.
“Well Cooper I believe that this is a topic that both me and Egilson disagree on. I believe that innovation in AI is important. But at the same time, we need to make sure that the average blue collar worker still is able to make a living. I believe we need to reserve 1/5 of every big businesses work force for humans so that America can prosper. I also want to introduce a flat tax policy that will help encourage business to move back to America whilst helping to remove our national debt. If we do this, then America will continue to prosper for centuries more. Thank you.”

Ascysia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ascysia » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:34 am

Medford, Oregon | Days after defeat

"Ladies and gentlemen, fellow Oregonians and Americans. Today is a sad day for the Democratic party. We built a campaign on pragmatic, patriotic and principled policy. We tried to market it to the American people, not as an idea, but as a future. Sadly we have lost. We went strong, but the masses have chosen Guess to be the next nominee. It may look like the time to accept defeat, but it isn't. While I am formally suspending campaigning, and officially ending my bid for the presidency of the United States, for at least another four years..." Faulkner paused while the small crowd of 300-600 cried out.

"...I will not sit by idly while the Democratic Party, that has produced oh such great leaders like Jackson, Wilson, Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, Clinton and Obama, and so many other great mayors, congressmen, senators and governors that have helped our country so much, now become the party of radical left-wing socialism. Enough is enough. As Americans, we cannot sit by idly, while this happens to the Democratic Party. I will be taking a stand come November, and I will be casting my vote in protest, against the Democratic Party, for the first time in my life. Guess is a liar, faux-progressive and a threat to America. If you thought Fischer was incompetent at running this country, imagine him on steroids. If Guess does win this nomination, and at this point it's highly likely he will, then I'm sorry to tell you, but Republicans are gonna sweep this election. And I'll be honest, that's a better future than under Guess. It's for this very reason that I am endorsing Senator Gareth Wright, a pragmatic, patriot who has a consistent record of putting country before party, for the Republican nomination, and then for the President of the United States. For the next few months, I will be campaigning with both Republicans and Democrats alike, to help counter toxic partisanship, and specifically the toxic left-wing radicalism of Guess. We lost today, but we will win tomorrow, and every day after that. Your support in the primaries means I can die a happy man. God Bless the United States, and God Bless us all."
Neoconservative

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:51 pm

Helowi wrote:“Well Cooper I believe that this is a topic that both me and Egilson disagree on. I believe that innovation in AI is important. But at the same time, we need to make sure that the average blue collar worker still is able to make a living. I believe we need to reserve 1/5 of every big businesses work force for humans so that America can prosper. I also want to introduce a flat tax policy that will help encourage business to move back to America whilst helping to remove our national debt. If we do this, then America will continue to prosper for centuries more. Thank you.”

A brief thirty seconds of rebuttal was all he needed.
"Look, if we want to surpass China again, then we cannot regress like this. Restrictions, and worse yet business limitations, will hurt workers of all colors of collars. Costs will skyrocket, ironically hurting the blue collar workers more than it helps. I don't see the viability of enforcing that quota, and you will, would, not see legislation like that from my administration."

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:25 pm

Cooper looked back and forth between the politicians, then asked the next question — one carefully designed by a team of journalists to elicit a nice debate — before Wright could respond.

"Congressman, you've been known to avoid questions about immigration — something many on both sides of the aisle have been quick to point out has been a theme of your campaign, dodging questions, that is. Previous contenders have called you "clueless... full of gunc," and as just a Congressman, unqualified for the office of the presidency."

Cooper pivoted toward Wright. "At the same time, Senator, there are questions about your ability to lead as well. You're a first term senator without much popularity in Congress — neither your conservative colleagues nor many Democrats have come out in support of you. People have serious doubts about whether you'll be able to work with Congress for eight years to implement an agenda."

"The question, then," Cooper continued, "is how each of you have demonstrated, and will demonstrate, leadership outside of the normal approaches that have led Republicans in the past to the presidency."

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Egilson smiled at the moderator's quote. He didn't remember that one specifically, but he'd heard similar things in many of his previous campaigns. "Well, in earnest, Red Bluff isn't close to the Mexican border, and neither is Minnesota." A half-second pause for a small bit of laughter. "But I can tell you what I've done in the past. I've worked with corporations and brought large offices and jobs into my hometown. I turned what used to be the dregs of Silicon Valley into big, respectable firms, and I made the whole district a good place to start new ventures, even in spite of the harsh California economic climate. Meanwhile, I led by example, inspiring loyalty by letting my constituents in on everything I did and planned to do. As president, I would work with businesses all over the world. I would offer a better deal in the states than they would have in China or Europe, and I'd send them to places that need the innovation, like the Midwest and the South. That way, the country grows." He then drinks water. Most politicians only take a sip, but the bottle is half gone by the time he sets it down.

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:58 pm

“Before I’d speak I’d like to thank our moderator, Mr. Cooper, for cutting me off before I could respond to Congressman Egilson. Perfectly showing no political bias at all.”
(Slight laughs)
“I think what qualifies me to be Commander in Chief is my experience in the private industry and public service. My experience in private industry has given me a great understanding of how the economy works and how I can help fix the dire state our economy is in. My experience in public service, while not being that much I’ll admit, has given me the guts to avoid the partisan divider that is in Congress and work with democrats and republicans alike on many landmark bills that have helped me get endorsements from republicans and democrats, like Candidate Richard Faulkner who endorsed me earlier this evening. Egilson is just another reminder of partisan politics at its worst. This experience has helped me gain the guts, the courage, the charisma, and the common sense to be your next Commander In Chief. Thank you.

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:06 pm

Cooper frowned at Wright's comment toward him, looking to his left at Lime. Lime nodded, keeping his eyes turned toward the candidates.

"Congressman Egilson, many have criticized you for what they perceive as your lack of devotion to the Republican Party. As I'm sure you know, once you become the nominee, the RNC will require you to agree to support Republicans, and only Republicans for office. As a member, or I understand possibly former member, of the Libertarian Party, are you willing to take your commitment to the GOP seriously?"

Cooper spoke up as well. "Senator Wright, feel free to chime in."

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:06 am

Vienna Eliot wrote:Cooper frowned at Wright's comment toward him, looking to his left at Lime. Lime nodded, keeping his eyes turned toward the candidates.

"Congressman Egilson, many have criticized you for what they perceive as your lack of devotion to the Republican Party. As I'm sure you know, once you become the nominee, the RNC will require you to agree to support Republicans, and only Republicans for office. As a member, or I understand possibly former member, of the Libertarian Party, are you willing to take your commitment to the GOP seriously?"

"I'll say this. My record has always been to put good people in the right positions, regardless of party preference. I've supported good libertarian men and women, and I've supported good independent men and women. As an adopted member of the Republican Party, I'd be proud to adopt good Republican men and women, if they're the right fit for the job, and if they love their country and their people. Thankfully, there are hundreds if not thousands running in this upcoming election that fit that bill. People like Sally Leinster, Alex Lei, and Joe Pasternak, Republicans that I've spoken with and wholeheartedly support. My beliefs will remain strong, regardless of which party I employ."
Last edited by Zjaum on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:34 am

Zjaum wrote:
Vienna Eliot wrote:Cooper frowned at Wright's comment toward him, looking to his left at Lime. Lime nodded, keeping his eyes turned toward the candidates.

"I'll say this. My record has always been to put good people in the right positions, regardless of party preference. I've supported good libertarian men and women, and I've supported good independent men and women. As an adopted member of the Republican Party, I'd be proud to adopt good Republican men and women, if they're the right fit for the job, and if they love their country and their people. Thankfully, there are hundreds if not thousands running in this upcoming election that fit that bill. People like Sally Leinster, Alex Lei, and Joe Pasternak, Republicans that I've spoken with and wholeheartedly support. My beliefs will remain strong, regardless of which party I employ."

“Cooper, I don’t believe the question is what he is going to do for the GOP I believe the question is what he has already done for the Grand Ole Party. He has not done anything in this party compared to what I have done. I have donated to multiple Republican campaigns across the U.S of A and I have been volunteering for GOP campaigns from the ages of 18-24. In Congress, I have served you all as a Republican, not a Libertarian. Egilson has given nothing to this party, yet is winning. Meanwhile, I have given money, I have given my free time, I have given my vote, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I had given my left kidney, and I am still losing.”
(Slight Laughter)
Wright than picked up his water bottle and took a slight sip. Quite meager compared to Egilsons Gulp.

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Helowi wrote:
Zjaum wrote:"I'll say this. My record has always been to put good people in the right positions, regardless of party preference. I've supported good libertarian men and women, and I've supported good independent men and women. As an adopted member of the Republican Party, I'd be proud to adopt good Republican men and women, if they're the right fit for the job, and if they love their country and their people. Thankfully, there are hundreds if not thousands running in this upcoming election that fit that bill. People like Sally Leinster, Alex Lei, and Joe Pasternak, Republicans that I've spoken with and wholeheartedly support. My beliefs will remain strong, regardless of which party I employ."

“Cooper, I don’t believe the question is what he is going to do for the GOP I believe the question is what he has already done for the Grand Ole Party. He has not done anything in this party compared to what I have done. I have donated to multiple Republican campaigns across the U.S of A and I have been volunteering for GOP campaigns from the ages of 18-24. In Congress, I have served you all as a Republican, not a Libertarian. Egilson has given nothing to this party, yet is winning. Meanwhile, I have given money, I have given my free time, I have given my vote, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I had given my left kidney, and I am still losing.”
(Slight Laughter)
Wright than picked up his water bottle and took a slight sip. Quite meager compared to Egilsons Gulp.

"Oh, so an establishment Republican? I used to remember when that was a bad thing. I guess it still is, from America's pulse right now. Look, I've allied with countless Republicans. We all had to in order to fight the Democrat supermajority in California. I've been fighting the battle for freedom on the ground for my whole life, from the backwater cities to the most bustling government halls. In a sense, my conservatism is sounder because it's more real. Please don't get in a beep hissy fit just because people aren't blindly checking off the 'R'."
Last edited by Zjaum on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Zjaum wrote:
Helowi wrote:“Cooper, I don’t believe the question is what he is going to do for the GOP I believe the question is what he has already done for the Grand Ole Party. He has not done anything in this party compared to what I have done. I have donated to multiple Republican campaigns across the U.S of A and I have been volunteering for GOP campaigns from the ages of 18-24. In Congress, I have served you all as a Republican, not a Libertarian. Egilson has given nothing to this party, yet is winning. Meanwhile, I have given money, I have given my free time, I have given my vote, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I had given my left kidney, and I am still losing.”
(Slight Laughter)

"Oh, so an establishment Republican? I used to remember when that was a bad thing. I guess it still is, from America's pulse right now. Look, I've allied with countless Republicans. We all had to in order to fight the Democrat supermajority in California. I've been fighting the battle for freedom on the ground for my whole life, from the backwater cities to the most bustling government halls. In a sense, my conservatism is sounder because it's more real. Please don't get in a beep hissy fit just because people aren't blindly checking off the 'R'."

Wright then starts laughing a bit
“Wow, speaking of hissy fits. You just cursed out a man on live television. Let me ask you this, America. Do you want your children, grandchildren, nephews, nieces, stepchildren, and any other children of America to be looking up to this guy! Imagine if he’s at a foreign meeting and he starts cursing out the leader of China. He has no self control, a thing which a majority of high schoolers and even a lot of middle schoolers have. And an establishment Republican may not be an amazing thing, but a person pretending to be another person for political gain is one of the worst things you can be in politics. You are only a Republican because you think you can win the presidency better that way. This man is taking advantage of all republicans. He doesn’t understand you, he doesn’t understand any of you. Egilson, you have setup the greatest fake identity of all time and that is final!
Wright then takes a sip of water

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse