NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: Guardians [IC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Estlobies
Envoy

Founded: Oct 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Star Wars: Guardians [IC | Open]

Postby Estlobies » Fri May 11, 2018 11:11 am

Star Wars: Guardians

OOC Thread

Chaos was all you knew. You joined the Empire to find a source of stability, which worked wonderfully. Not only did you manage to become a stormtrooper, but you were selected and trained to be part of an elite platoon of soldiers loyal directly to your Emperor. This brings with it honor, but also great risk and loss in the service of your supreme leader. How will you proceed from here?

Rules:
- My word is law, and supersedes all else.
- IC and OOC posts are to be kept equivalent to a PG-13 MPAA rating.
- Put some effort into your applications and IC posts, using detail whenever possible.
- "Godmodding" and "Meta-gaming" are strictly prohibited.
- Don't have your characters switch sides and join the rebellion. At this point, it's not even an organized coalition yet anyway.
- If your character dies, you may make another character, but it must differ from your previous one.
- Please submit all applications for new characters at the OOC thread linked above. All applications posted here will be dismissed.
- In applications and posts, please note if planets/locations/vehicles/items are of your own design entirely.
- Co-operators permitted to enforce the rules of the RP freely and respond to applications on my behalf. They may also suggest improvements to specific parts of the RP process.
- However, co-operators may not modify the rules or notes of the RP in any way, and may only move the setting and plot of the RP outside of the imperial palace if they receive approval from myself beforehand.
- I'm getting tired of waiting on new members to join so I can progress the IC thread, so I may close this at any time.

Notes:
- The current year is 16 BBY.
- By default, all troops are stationed at the Imperial Palace on Coruscant, though they will travel alongside the Emperor and
on various excursions elsewhere in the galaxy.
- Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader are NPCs operated by myself. This list will grow over time.
- The RP timeline generally follows the Canon timeline, with Legends additions to flesh it out.
- For clarification, characters are not clones, but rather among the earliest of the empire's recruited soldiers.
- Some useful resources for applications and posts are the Star Wars wiki, this Canon timeline, and this interactive galaxy map.
Last edited by Estlobies on Thu May 17, 2018 11:33 am, edited 8 times in total.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Psychotic Bastard
Embassy Programme | WMD Circlejerk | SWG | ADL | IMAA | SW:G | ✠
Generally speaking, far. Not far-left or far-right, just far.
Pro: Executions, Mario Kart, Slavery, Vexillology
Anti: Consistency, Infidels, Logic, Stupid Bullshit
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?
I’m thinking of buying a church and changing it around: maybe selling crack and having a few whores in the pew.
Never give up on an idea simply because it is bad and doesn’t work.
If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Estlobies
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Estlobies » Fri May 11, 2018 11:48 am

Coruscant
Imperial Palace
Landing Bay 9

The Emperor's shuttle had landed, as the squadron of newly-trained guards stood awaiting their leader. He stepped out, gesturing the troopers and officers behind him to halt, as he alone proceeded to walk towards the guards.
"Yes, yes, the guards. Very well.", He uttered, grinning proudly. "This looks to be a squadron to whom I would entrust my—".He paused, and his grin immediately reversed.
"For what is this? Did I not provide a request for exactly thirty units, Director?", he uttered, rage developing in him. One of the officers he had halted before then said, quietly and with much concern in his voice, "M-My Lord...". The Emperor turned to him, stating, "It seems elaboration is in your best interest." The officer continued, saying, "My Lord, there was a mishap in the eleventh stage of training, and thus an additional guard had to be included."
The Director froze, clearly terrified, as the Emperor force-pulled him so that the two were face to face. "In your opinion, Director, which of these presented here before me is most ... under-performing?" The officer, clearly broken by this point, said, "TV-1122." "And, perhaps your favorite of these as well?", the Emperor added. "AX-9301", the officer quickly noted.
"Good.", the Emperor said, grinning once more. "TV-1122, come forth, and stand beside your Director. And you, AX-9301", he mentioned, staring at the guard in question, "Stand here in front of the them." These orders were promptly followed. Once the guards were in place, he whispered to the latter guard, "Fire upon them at will." The guard did so immediately.
The Emperor then began to give orders. "Guards, proceed to your quarters. And bring this shuttle back to its bay."
I’m thinking of buying a church and changing it around: maybe selling crack and having a few whores in the pew.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:28 am

Shade sat on his bunk, cleaning his rifle. While his focus was on the task at hand, his mind began to wander. He had killed many in his days as a trooper. Yet that did not disturb him in the slightest. He was fine with the kills. And that’s was more disturbing than anything else. He rose from his bunk, put on his armor and went to patrol around. His armor, pitch black as the night around him, allowed him to slink through the shadows almost unnoticed by all. His vibroblade was at his side, so he would no have to worry about any threat. So shade just walked.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

The Litan Imperium
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Litan Imperium » Mon May 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Acklay sat on his cot in the barracks, everyone else was asleep except for him. He was holding his old slave collar, a memento to his time as a slave. For six years he was property, not a human. He remembered all the painful memories from his time as a servant to the Zyggerians, from him being whipped just for helping another slave off the ground to having to watch 10 slaves be executed because he tried to steal food for someone. After going through all those painful ones, he remembered the first good memory after those six years. Plunging a knife into his overseers throat and stowing away on a ship going off the planet. Acklay then clamped the collar around his neck again as a reminder of the experience that shaped him. He then went back to cleaning his force pike, covered in the blood of the last Zyggerian slaver whom he impaled with it.
Last edited by The Litan Imperium on Mon May 14, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No NS stats.

Brief summary: Authoritarian Autocracy in a large archipelago in the 2030's. PMT with Low FT. Inspiration from many games/universes.

Government officials
Imperator Darius Aurelian

Currently putting images back into factbooks after tinypic went down

Ariado
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ariado » Tue May 15, 2018 10:01 pm

Gear's entire world was consumed by the buzzing of plasma and the whirring of gears. He was working on a protocol droid that had been damaged during some mission. Apparently, it took a few blaster bolts in a negotiations gone bad. While technicians would be here in the morning, working with machines relaxed him. It allowed him to clear his head while also being good practice for when he might need to do this stuff in the field. The workshop was quiet besides the buzzing of his plasma cutter, with the only other thing making noise being the astromech droid occasionally beeping.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Joker
Joker turned a thermal detonator over in his hand. He watched as the device glistened in the light, hypnotized. It was in perfect condition, no dents at all. He began to take out tools and take it apart. The last thing he wanted to happen was for him to throw a dud in the middle of a battle. If the enemy didn’t kill him, he was sure the emperor would. He inspected each part, making sure they were perfect. After this task, he quickly put it back together and started on the next one. He finished up and carefully placed the detonators in a container that fit on his suit.
Ta Ta! Come again, or I'll pluck out your eyes!
-SHEOGORATH

Estlobies
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Estlobies » Wed May 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Coruscant
Imperial Palace
Royal Guard Quarters

Axe and the others quickly settled into their quarters and began doing various separate tasks. Their training had done very little to unify them to each other, but rather to the Emperor. The stage of training in which many of the future guards were forced to kill what were their peers was certainly instrumental in leading to this.
Axe herself, overcome by shock after the events that had taken place immediately before, simply sat down, giving no though to settling in. She could only be heard intermittently, mumbling, "What have I done?" The other guards were sympathetic, and all now quite frightened of what serving their supreme leader would really mean.
That evening, the new guards were to be officially introduced then promptly stationed at various locations throughout the palace. Approximately half an hour before they were to meet him in his throne room, the Emperor transmitted a hologram to all of them, which conveyed this information, and concluded with the same cruel grin he had shown before.
Last edited by Estlobies on Wed May 16, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Estlobies wrote:Coruscant
Imperial Palace
Royal Guard Quarters

Axe and the others quickly settled into their quarters and began doing various separate tasks. Their training had done very little to unify them to each other, but rather to the Emperor. The stage of training in which many of the future guards were forced to kill what were their peers was certainly instrumental in leading to this.
Axe herself, overcome by shock after the events that had taken place immediately before, simply sat down, giving no though to settling in. She could only be heard intermittently, mumbling, "What have I done?" The other guards were sympathetic, and all now quite frightened of what serving their supreme leader would really mean.
That evening, the new guards were to be officially introduced then promptly stationed at various locations throughout the palace. Approximately half an hour before they were to meet him in his throne room, the Emperor transmitted a hologram to all of them, which conveyed this information, and concluded with the same cruel grin he had shown before.

Shade got back just in time to see the transmission. He had taken little notice of his comrades before, but now he examined the group. They spoke little to each other, except for the slightest mumbling. Shade wanted nothing to do with this group, so he sat on his bunk and closed his eyes. He reached up and scratched his head. My hair is getting too long... Shade thought to himself. He remembered training to be a royal guard. He had had to kill his fellow trainees to get where he was. Once trainee in particular... a girl whom he had been friends with... thinking about her made Shade sick to his stomach. He turned his thoughts to the meeting with he Emperor. He rose and began putting on his armor. Maybe beneath the mask his master would not see how much he hated him.

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:

Sulania
Senator

Founded: May 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulania » Thu May 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Nix
Imperial Palace, Coruscant

Sitting alone in his quarters, Nix simply went over all of the datapads that were there on his various comrades in this elite platoon. It was his duty to know as much about them all as possible, and he was sure to be aware of them all. He didn't go through everything though, while it was his duty, half the enjoyment of his job was getting to know them personally as well. You can only know so much from a datapad, and he'd rather always have the firsthand accounts with them. He chuckled to himself going through them, often remarking things such as "interesting" when a point of interest came up, or "depressing" when something disappointing came. All-in-all, he would enjoy this assignment, serving directly under the Emperor.

It brought him back to his old days in the ISB, things were simple then. Stationed all around the Empire, saw much of the Imperial bureaucracy and the growing might of it all, and that is what made him disdain the Empire and love the Emperor. Rooting out dissidents and securing the Emperor's order and peace, one recognizes quickly that those in the Empire are sometimes just as much a threat to the Emperor's goals as any dissident or hidden Jedi. Power hungry moffs as well as weak-willed soldiers, they all permeated the Empire. Now his assignment is to be among the elites, directly under the Emperor. He can serve his master directly, and have one of the greatest operations of his career.

A hologram transmitted to him, of the Emperor himself summoning him to the throne room. He shuffled the datapads up, along with his various other security briefings, and placed them in a hidden and locked compartment within his quarters. His purposes always had to be secret, and all measures taken to secure that. He slid on his helmet and secured his gear for the meeting, and promptly made his way there.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Engaged to Kalaron
Personal Info: Gay male from Pennsylvania, Student of Sociology, FGC affiliated Quaker
Political Alignment: Member of the Working Families Party, Former Justice Democrat, Progressive
DISCLAIMER: My views have changed, I disavow previous posts/opinions accordingly to my changed views

The Litan Imperium
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Litan Imperium » Thu May 17, 2018 3:32 pm

As Acklay finished wiping off the acid burns on his EVO helmet, he received the holo message from the emperor that everyone else was supposed to get as well. Upon finishing listening to the holo message he put his helmet and made his way out of the barracks. He made his way to the soldier he assumed was in charge, AX-9301, and saluted her.
"Orders ma'am?" He asked
No NS stats.

Brief summary: Authoritarian Autocracy in a large archipelago in the 2030's. PMT with Low FT. Inspiration from many games/universes.

Government officials

Castriarta
Envoy

Founded: May 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Castriarta » Fri May 18, 2018 10:39 am

Artai slowly removed the featureless crimson helmet of the Emperor's Royal Guard with trembling hands. Her heart was beating a million miles an hour, blood rushing through her body and intense emotions through her heart. She felt like this every time she came in contact with her Lord, the mighty Emperor Palpatine. She could feel the immense power that emanated from the deformed old man in his simple black robes. Power that could defile and corrupt life itself, turning the most pure and innocent to his mighty will. Palpatine had this effect on all who interacted with him, being a Sith Lord of great power. It was this immense ability to control others and bend their perception of reality that had allowed him to stay hidden in plain sight from the Jedi for so many years as Chancellor of the Republic. Even the mightiest of the Jedi could not see through his great deception. He had shaped the course of the entire Galaxy, the path of the entire Force, that indissoluble thing which holds all living and nonliving things together, around his own individual will. He was, perhaps, the most powerful man the Galaxy had ever seen. Emperor almighty. Little did she know, but Artai's latent connection to the dark side of the force made the Emperor's dark powers touch her more powerfully than a normal being, and the Emperor could sense this in her, making Artai of prime interest to him. He would watch her closely.

Artai did not know all of the details of his rise to power (no one but Palpatine did) but she knew he was almighty, and she knew she was committed to him to the death. That was why she had been chosen, of course. That and her incredible combat skill and bravery, and the countless times she had distinguished herself in battle. This was the case of the entirety of the Emperor's Royal Guard. They were the best of the best, selected by the Emperor himself to serve him directly.

Eyes wide, and mind racing with catastrophic thoughts about the honor she felt to be chosen by the Emperor and the commitment and eagerness with which she longed to serve him, Artai stared down at the stark, emotionless, impersonal face of her helmet. To wear this helmet, this armor, to be in these quarters, was the greatest honor the Empire could bestow upon a soldier. Or so she had read in the many Imperial training manuals, textbooks, propaganda texts, and other writings that she had read. So she had been told in her training. To see this helmet struck fear and awe into even the most experienced fighters across the Galaxy, whether they be friend or foe. It was rumored, and Artai believed it to be true, that not a single Royal Guard had ever fallen in combat.

Artai lay her helmet down and lifted her primary weapon, a SoroSuub Corporation Controller FP model force pike. The force pike, or various versions of the weapon, was a relatively common arm and was used by a wide range of planetary military and police forces, but this model was the best of the best, and no one in the Galaxy could use it like a Royal Guardsman. Artai inspected it, from the vibro-edged head that could knock a fully grown Wookie unconscious with one tap using a concentrated neural impulse that, at the pike's highest settings, could slash through anything from thick alien flesh to durasteel plating with ease, to the energy cycling coils and shock generator at the handle and base of the weapon. It was a perfectly designed multi-purpose weapon, good for anything from excruciating torture to boarding actions when you needed to slice through bulkheads and airlocks and fight in small hallways.

Artai was turning the blade over again when her holotransmitter began beeping, signifying that there was an incoming message. Artai watched attentively as the Emperor delivered his message, summoning the guards to his throne room. Artai felt a mixture of fear and excitement rise in her chest. She had no idea what Palpatine had to say to them, but she was eager to find out and to do his bidding.

Putting the transmitter down, Artai looked across at her fellow Guardsmen. They looked somber, silent and reserved. She felt a small spike of emotion, it felt like anger. Were they not honored to have been chosen? Were they not the most skilled and committed soldiers in the entire Imperial military? Why did they not look proud to be here, filled with dedication to their new master? She felt drawn to outdo them, to serve the Emperor better and more loyally than what any of them could do. She herself felt privileged, honored, and immensely devoted to serve the Emperor with fellow elites. Exactly what the Emperor wanted her to feel. Exactly what a soldier was supposed feel. She could just hope and assume that they felt the same way.
Last edited by Castriarta on Fri May 18, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Fri May 18, 2018 11:59 am

Krayt sighed as he made his way from the landing pad to his new quarters in the Imperial Palace, the smell of burnt flesh lingering in his nostrils. It was a familiar stench for him by this point, having served the Republic throughout the entirety of the Clone War he had witnessed death and destruction on a truly enormous scale. The times had changed though and Krayt now found himself a personal bodyguard of the Emperor, a position that failed to sit with him as well as he had originally thought it would.

From the very beginning of training he had realized that this job was an entirely different kettle of Gooberfish than serving in a regular military unit. Having to kill their fellow trainees had shocked Krayt to his core, and the overall isolation of each squad mate from one another alien to a man from a military background. Where inter-squad dynamics and cohesiveness where a prominent factor in life, often having saved his life more then once. Though from what little he had learned of his peers very few seemed the type to bond with over drinks, or anything else for that matter. Though he had heard the women called Axe muttering something under her breath that sounded regretful, but there was little that he could say or do at the moment, especially around the others. This latest execution was nothing new by this point, and he had participated without hesitation.He kept his mouth shut and did what needed to be done, if not for the Emperor, then for his own health.

By this time Krayt had already picked out a spot in the barracks and was going through the routine of packing away his kit, the others going about their own business in silence. He had brought little in the way of personal belongings other then a few mementos, having left most of what he owned in storage after having learned he would be joining the Imperial Guard. He was just about to start disassembling and cleaning his DLT-19D from its most recent use when a holo-message came in announcing that they would meet the Emperor in half an hour in the throne room.

Grimacing internally, Krayt was reminded yet again just how unsettling the man was as his sovereign smiled through the holo. The man was just that though, Krayt's sovereign, and he would do what he was ordered to do.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:54 pm

Shade looked at his commanding officer, finally taking notice of her. His stomach constricted, a wave of nausea smashed over him. He wrenched off his helmet, fell too his knees, and vomited on the floor. Her face... she looks exactly like... Shade vomited again, his whole body shook, and he felt incredibly fatigued. He tried to turn his mind away, but all she could think about was Her face. He looked up and vomited again. Then, he blacked out.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Fri May 18, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Without further ado:

The Litan Imperium
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Litan Imperium » Sat May 19, 2018 4:15 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:Shade looked at his commanding officer, finally taking notice of her. His stomach constricted, a wave of nausea smashed over him. He wrenched off his helmet, fell too his knees, and vomited on the floor. Her face... she looks exactly like... Shade vomited again, his whole body shook, and he felt incredibly fatigued. He tried to turn his mind away, but all she could think about was Her face. He looked up and vomited again. Then, he blacked out.

Upon seeing his fellow guard fall unconscious, Acklay made has way to him and checked for a pulse. Upon seeing he was still alive, he pressed on the comm unit on his helmet. "This is Acklay, trooper designation DW-4365. Just had a trooper vomit and fall unconscious at my location, need a medical unit hear ASAP."

"Acknowledged 4365, sending a medic to your position just sit tight." The operator on the other side of the comm said.

Acklay then looked at the unconscious shade, then back at AX-9301 and asked "You do something to him or is he Just this pathetic?"
No NS stats.

Government officials

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:54 am

The Litan Imperium wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:Shade looked at his commanding officer, finally taking notice of her. His stomach constricted, a wave of nausea smashed over him. He wrenched off his helmet, fell too his knees, and vomited on the floor. Her face... she looks exactly like... Shade vomited again, his whole body shook, and he felt incredibly fatigued. He tried to turn his mind away, but all she could think about was Her face. He looked up and vomited again. Then, he blacked out.

Upon seeing his fellow guard fall unconscious, Acklay made has way to him and checked for a pulse. Upon seeing he was still alive, he pressed on the comm unit on his helmet. "This is Acklay, trooper designation DW-4365. Just had a trooper vomit and fall unconscious at my location, need a medical unit hear ASAP."

"Acknowledged 4365, sending a medic to your position just sit tight." The operator on the other side of the comm said.

Acklay then looked at the unconscious shade, then back at AX-9301 and asked "You do something to him or is he Just this pathetic?"

Shade woke in a puddle of his own vomit. He stood, looked around at his fellow squad members, and at that moment the medic came in. “Hold up trooper, you shouldn’t be standing.” Spoke the medic. “I’m fine. I must’ve eaten something bad.” Came Shades reply, almost daring the medic to contradict him. “But trooper, we still need to evaluate yo-” Shade slapped the man across the face. “I said... I... am... fine. Have a nice day good sir.” Then Shade went about cleaning his face so he could put back on his helmet.

Without further ado:

The Litan Imperium
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Litan Imperium » Sat May 19, 2018 8:13 am

Shade woke in a puddle of his own vomit. He stood, looked around at his fellow squad members, and at that moment the medic came in. “Hold up trooper, you shouldn’t be standing.” Spoke the medic. “I’m fine. I must’ve eaten something bad.” Came Shades reply, almost daring the medic to contradict him. “But trooper, we still need to evaluate yo-” Shade slapped the man across the face. “I said... I... am... fine. Have a nice day good sir.” Then Shade went about cleaning his face so he could put back on his helmet.

After the medic gladly left after being slapped and Shade put his helmet back on, Acklay pinned him against a wall with his Flechette launcher.

"GL-7382, you had better have a damned good reason for that little display." Acklay said while further pressing the side of the gun against shade.

"If you are going to be vomiting and passing out at random as well as lashing out at any medic trying to help you, I don't want you watching my back in a firefight. What's next you gonna shab yourself when we're actually being shot at?" Acklay said with his and shade's helmets almost touching.

OOC: shab is mandalorian for excrement, their equivalent of the word sh*t
No NS stats.

Government officials

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:29 am

After the medic gladly left after being slapped and Shade put his helmet back on, Acklay pinned him against a wall with his Flechette launcher.

"GL-7382, you had better have a damned good reason for that little display." Acklay said while further pressing the side of the gun against shade.

"If you are going to be vomiting and passing out at random as well as lashing out at any medic trying to help you, I don't want you watching my back in a firefight. What's next you gonna shab yourself when we're actually being shot at?" Acklay said with his and shade's helmets almost touching.

OOC: shab is mandalorian for excrement, their equivalent of the word sh*t

“ What, do you think I threw up from nervousness or something Acklay? She just reminded me of someone in training, and it caught me by surprise. Trust me, it won’t happen again.” The she Shade referred to was Axe.

Without further ado:

Castriarta
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Castriarta » Sat May 19, 2018 11:11 am

Artai watched with concern and growing confusion as one of the group fell to the floor, tearing his helmet off and vomiting before falling unconscious. She moved to help him, but other guards acted before she could and she remained on the sidelines as the trooper made a scene, slapping and insulting the medic who had arrived to help him. Artai felt a rage rising within her, a disdain for this trooper and his unprofessional behavior. Her jaw clenched, and she felt her muscles tighten with anger. Anger was building within her, outrage and disgust at this kind of conduct on the first day as Royal Guards.

She watched with a fearsome grimace as another Guardsmen stepped in and reprimanded the one who had made the debacle, apparently designated GL-7382. She recognized the Guardsmen who was confronting the guilty party as DW-4365, nicknamed Acklay after the ferocious monsters from the Vendaxa system. As the confrontation continued, Artai stepped forward, standing firmly between the two other Guardsmen, her helmet and force pike left behind her on her bunk.

"Stand down, comrades!" There was a sharpness to her voice as she snapped at the two men, revealing some of her anger. "Is this the behavior with which you reward the honor that has been bestowed upon you?" She shook her head with disdain. "What has come into you?!" Her voice raised slightly as she looked between her two fellow soldiers. "Have you no discipline, no respect for the Order which we are to maintain?!"

The Litan Imperium
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Litan Imperium » Sat May 19, 2018 12:19 pm

Castriarta wrote:Artai watched with concern and growing confusion as one of the group fell to the floor, tearing his helmet off and vomiting before falling unconscious. She moved to help him, but other guards acted before she could and she remained on the sidelines as the trooper made a scene, slapping and insulting the medic who had arrived to help him. Artai felt a rage rising within her, a disdain for this trooper and his unprofessional behavior. Her jaw clenched, and she felt her muscles tighten with anger. Anger was building within her, outrage and disgust at this kind of conduct on the first day as Royal Guards.

She watched with a fearsome grimace as another Guardsmen stepped in and reprimanded the one who had made the debacle, apparently designated GL-7382. She recognized the Guardsmen who was confronting the guilty party as DW-4365, nicknamed Acklay after the ferocious monsters from the Vendaxa system. As the confrontation continued, Artai stepped forward, standing firmly between the two other Guardsmen, her helmet and force pike left behind her on her bunk.

"Stand down, comrades!" There was a sharpness to her voice as she snapped at the two men, revealing some of her anger. "Is this the behavior with which you reward the honor that has been bestowed upon you?" She shook her head with disdain. "What has come into you?!" Her voice raised slightly as she looked between her two fellow soldiers. "Have you no discipline, no respect for the Order which we are to maintain?!"

Acklay took some time to process the words of his comrade before looking down in disappointment of himself. Then up again to see all the other troopers staring at him.

"You're right, I let my emotions get in the way of rational thinking." He said rather bashfully.

"I guess I must still be on edge after receiving this assignment, I...Apologize GL-7382." Acklay said to shade as he extended a hand to help him off the ground after he fell when Artai got between him and Acklay.
No NS stats.

Government officials

Castriarta
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Castriarta » Sat May 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Acklay took some time to process the words of his comrade before looking down in disappointment of himself. Then up again to see all the other troopers staring at him.

"You're right, I let my emotions get in the way of rational thinking." He said rather bashfully.

"I guess I must still be on edge after receiving this assignment, I...Apologize GL-7382." Acklay said to shade as he extended a hand to help him off the ground after he fell when Artai got between him and Acklay.

Artai took a deep breath to calm herself and gave a nod of approval to Acklay after he made his apology. "Think nothing of it, we all must learn to live by the strictest discipline in this new position."

Her facial expression softened, and she let herself relax, the tension leaving her muscles. When she spoke again it was slower, her voice was more personal, conveying that communal empathy that only a human can. "We have been distinguished to serve this most prestigious role as the personal guards and warriors of the Emperor and we must live every moment of our lives with this duty in mind." Her heart filled with pride and even a sense of comradery with her fellow Guardsmen, and she began to stand straighter, her vibrant blue-green eyes glowing like the beautiful seas of Glee Anselm in the summer sun as she thought of the Dark Lord with reverence. She focused her gaze on Acklay, hoping to find a passion and commitment to the Emperor matching her own reflected in his face.

The Litan Imperium
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Litan Imperium » Sat May 19, 2018 2:34 pm

Artai looked Acklay directly into his eyes, despite him wearing a helmet. He felt that it would only be fair to show his face to the other guards at this point. He unplugged the oxygen tubes connecting his helmet to the oxygen tank on his backpack and remove his helmet. The features on his face showing a rather grizzly scene of countless cuts, slashes, and burns both big and small as well as shallow and deep. Most if not all of these attained during his time as a Zyggerian slave. He also wore a deactivated slave collar around his neck both as neck protection and as a reminder of where he came from. This caused some of the other guardsmen to reel back slightly or contort their faces in disgust.

Acklay then looked Artai directly back into her eyes and spoke.

"You're correct once again, we are the best that the empire has to offer. That is why we were chosen to protect its most important official l. As befitting of this role we must uphold the values of the empire and abide by the strict discipline that comes with our newest duty."

As he continued to look into her eyes he saw a woman clearly devoted to the empire, its ideals, and the emperor himself. As well as someone who truly wanted to see the order that empire brings spread across the galaxy.
Last edited by The Litan Imperium on Sat May 19, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No NS stats.

Government officials

Castriarta
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Castriarta » Sat May 19, 2018 3:19 pm

Artai watched as the man across from her lifted his helmet, revealing a scarred, maimed face etched the markings of countless painful wounds. She could not help but let her eyes wander his face for a moment, noting each mark, in their varied size and severity. She noticed the distinctive collar around his neck -- the mark of a slave. Around her, some of the other Guards recoiled, looks of judgment on their faces and obvious in their body language. Looking into Acklay's eyes again, she felt another stir of emotion, maybe something close to compassion. For a fleeting moment something about the back of her mind compelled her to reach out to her fellow soldier, to heal his wounds. It left quicker than it arrived.

Hearing his strong words, Artai's heart rose and she felt the shadow of a smile loom around her mouth. Perhaps her fellow Guards were not all disappointments, perhaps there were some among them who would serve the Emperor with the same heart and skill that she would. Perhaps some were worthy, as she sought to be.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Artai forced herself to break eye contact with Acklay. Turning slightly, she replied, "Our Emperor has summoned us, and we must not be late. We should begin to make our way to his throne room, to await whatever orders he has for us."

She walked back over to her bunk, and reached down to pick up the bank, expressionless crimson helmet of the Imperial Royal Guard. As she looked down at the symbol of her position in her hands, Acklay's words from just a moment ago rang through her head.

"The best the Empire has to offer." A look of determination settled on her face. She was the best among the best out of millions, perhaps billions, of highly trained and experienced Imperial soldiers. She had been chosen, and she would not let her Sovereign down. This was her life.

Lifting the helmet, she placed it firmly on her head. She stood tall, force pike in hand, cutting a regal figure in the grand red robes that flowed around her.

Estlobies
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Estlobies » Sun May 20, 2018 10:39 am

Coruscant
Imperial Palace
Royal Guard Quarters

Axe, who had recently fallen asleep, was rudely awakened by a fellow guard after a few minutes, as a scene unfolded in front of her. "What the hell is this?", she inquired angrily, observing a medic pinned to the wall with a flechette, a small pile of vomit in a bunk, and a quarrel among seven of the guards. She quickly stood up and attended to the medic, telling her to neglect this instance, and that if it were brought up, she would be held accountable.
Once the medic left, she turned to the other guards, who quickly went to acting back to normal, preparing to leave following the empire's request for their presence. "Who shot the flechette at the medic?", she yelled angrily. A trooper lowered his head, saying, "I did, commander". She replied, "Very well then. No further action will be taken, but let this serve as a reminder that any disorder in quarrels shall be reported immediately to the Emperor. Now proceed by his orders". The hostile tone of her voice at this point was palpable, but all of the guards proceeded to do so.

The Litan Imperium
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Litan Imperium » Sun May 20, 2018 10:52 am

Estlobies wrote:Coruscant
Imperial Palace
Royal Guard Quarters

Axe, who had recently fallen asleep, was rudely awakened by a fellow guard after a few minutes, as a scene unfolded in front of her. "What the hell is this?", she inquired angrily, observing a medic pinned to the wall with a flechette, a small pile of vomit in a bunk, and a quarrel among seven of the guards. She quickly stood up and attended to the medic, telling her to neglect this instance, and that if it were brought up, she would be held accountable.
Once the medic left, she turned to the other guards, who quickly went to acting back to normal, preparing to leave following the empire's request for their presence. "Who shot the flechette at the medic?", she yelled angrily. A trooper lowered his head, saying, "I did, commander". She replied, "Very well then. No further action will be taken, but let this serve as a reminder that any disorder in quarrels shall be reported immediately to the Emperor. Now proceed by his orders". The hostile tone of her voice at this point was palpable, but all of the guards proceeded to do so.

Acklay put his helmet back on and went the guard who he assumed was in charge, Axe (designated as AX-9301), and spoke to her.

" Artai said that the emperor had summoned us to his throne room. I would behoove us to make our way there for further orders Ma'am." he said in his deep monotone voice.

"Also if you require a rundown of the events that just transpired not but a few moments ago. Shade happened to see someone that caused him to vomit and black out. I called for a medic whom was yelled at then slapped by Shade after he tried to help him up. I reprimanded shade by pinning him to a wall with the side of my flachette launcher, then Artai stood between us. She and I exchanged words and she told me that the emperor had summoned us." Acklay said rather objectively before saluting Axe and making his way to the throne room.
No NS stats.

Government officials

Castriarta
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Castriarta » Tue May 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Artai exited the barracks with the other guards and walked with them towards the Emperor's throne room. As she walked, she took in the splendor of the Imperial Palace. This building, formerly known as the Jedi Temple, served as the seat of power for Sheev Palpatine, the Galactic Emperor. For a millennium preceding its current use, the Temple had been the political and cultural heart of the Galactic Republic. Just to walk within its halls was an honor.

After Palpatine revealed the true nature of the Jedi as enemies of the state and oversaw their extermination, he took the Temple as his personal residence, and renamed it the Imperial Palace. All that now remained of the original temple was its quincunx of skyscraping spires, which crowned the main temple. Looking around at the elaborate doors and passageways, Artai understood why the Palace was regarded as one of the grandest and most elegant structures on the entire planet.

The Palace had a stark, Spartan beauty, having been stripped of all of the ancient tapestries, mosaics, and paintings of the Jedi Order and left bare of statues and other art except for some well placed imperial flags and banners.

The new Guardsmen were heading towards the central spire of the Imperial Palace, where the Emperor housed his throne room. The very heart of the Empire spreading across the Galaxy, this room was the location from which Palpatine administered his reign. After marching through the hallways, Artai and some other Guardsmen arrived at the Emperor's receiving room. It was a dimly lit chamber with huge windows opening up onto the Coruscant skyline. Artai approached one of the windows and looked out across the capital of the Galaxy. Artai remembered reading in one of her study books that in the ancient roots of Galactic Basic, the word "coruscant" meant glittering, or sparkling. Looking out across the great urban expanse, Artai realized the accuracy of this word choice. The capital was a vibrant hub of culture and power, even more impressive in these days of mighty Imperial splendor. Sure, there was a harsh crackdown on dissent, nonconformity, and other undesirable elements of society, but this was necessary. The Emperor had explained it as so, and Artai trusted him. Palpatine knew what was best for his subjects, and he would lead them toward greatness.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse