NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [IC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 16, 2021 2:14 pm

Grand Duchy of Wyzkia
Ⰳⱃⰵⰴⰸⰹ Ⰴⱆⰽⰰⱅ Ⱎⱏⰹⰸⰽⰹⱁⱃ
Grędzi Dukat Wyzkor

Vis e fidelitate efflorescit

Four days after the Night of the Bloody Moons
On the road to Świątniki Górne
A camp

"Investigators? Mercenaries?", the red haired boy seemed to ask, a little absentmindedly. A few good moments of silence and hesitation followed. "We usually do not work with private contractors... but under these circumstances, and especially if her Excellency has heard of your company... we will make an exception. "It is an honor to meet you then, mister Rogaliski, and sir Couroisier. I am Rafal Warensko, Baron of Opalinski, and with me are my comrades from the the Order of the Paladins, Krzyszczan Leszyk Tylutk, Count of Markin, Julana Gwilemina Twaróg, Countess of Bednorz, and Felicity, a squire of our order." Rafal then turned around to look at the girl that he had just mentioned, clearly still not having recovered from the horrifying news that he and his comrades had just received. "I'm sorry to hear that.. I really am.", he told her in a low voice. His expression made it all too obvious that this was not the first time in his life when he had been faced with news of his friends and comrades having died horrible deaths. "But you have nothing to blame yourself for, Felicity. You saved those children, and obeyed your paladin's orders. You have followed the tenets of our Order, protected the innocent, and you have been loyal to your superiors. I'm sure the Great Table sees it that way too. And you have also made sure that Ignatius has survived. Despite the death and suffering you experienced, you should be proud of yourself. Our fallen brothers and sisters will be remembered. And the Traitor... I'm sure that she will receive what she deserves. But it would be best not to dwell on it. We have a mission now, and we need to focus on it first." Rafal gently put his hard on her shoulder, in a reassuring gesture. "And I am sorry that you have been forced into a mission so soon. You should have been given the time to grieve and to process what has happened. But I'm sure that Paladin Maria would be proud of you. For saving those children, and for continuing to serve the Order."

Taking a deep breath as if to calm himself down, Rafal looked at the others. "With only the three of us I was planning to camp here and then continue our way in the morning, but with the numbers we currently have, a camp in the middle of nowhere wouldn't be enough. We still have some time before the last light of the sun disappears, I believe that we can make it to the nearest village if we rush a little. We will dismantle our camp and move as soon as possible."

A little later
The town of Łómyśl

The nearest settlement wasn't that far away, just as Rafal had claimed. Only one of the paladins, Julana, was flying on her gryphon, acting as a scout, while the rest of the group was riding on the ground, moving forward at a speed that allowed both the horses and the gryphons to advance together. But as their approached their destination, hoping to find a place where they could take a break and rest before moving further towards the city and towards danger.. they soon realized that something was wrong. Something was really wrong.

The town was quiet... far too quiet. It was almost night now, and the sun was slowly but surely falling behind the horizon, staining the sky above in orange and crimson, as if dying flames were burning it... while the darkness of the night and the pale light of the stars slowly advanced. And yet, the town should have been filled with the sounds of people rushing to their homes, the chimes of bells announcing the end of the day, the rustle of the market closing, the chattering of the faithful leaving the small local temple. But there was nothing. Not a sound, not a breath. And the town was empty… except for the countless bodies lying on the ground, which they were able to see as soon as they entered. It was as if they had all fallen asleep, on the streets, in their homes, in the temple. But this was no sleep... the silence and the coldness could only mean one thing. Death had embraced this town.

And in the pale light of the twilight, a lone figure was walking. It was as if he was meant to be there... he wasn’t breathing, and the chillness of the ever-approaching night was nothing for his cold body. He was wearing long, clerical-like black robes, with crimson colored symbols and letters sewn into them, marking him as a cultist of Invidia, and a black hooded mantle, covering most of his head, and hiding his face. And yet that wasn’t all. It was difficult to notice, with the dark hood over his head, and with the large sleeves and cuffs, but something was just barely shining in whatever sunlight there was left. A metallic collar was bound around its neck, the remains of handcuffs around his wrists, and legcuffs around his ankles, all of them made as if they had come straight from a torture chamber, tight enough to not allow any escape, but not tight enough to remain in place constantly, biting deeply into the wearer’s skin with each movement. And bound to all of them were the near broken remains of the chains that had once held him restrained to something, just a few links for each of them, but enough to cause an eerie clinking sound every time he moved.

He seemed to lack a purpose or a goal, just walking aimlessly through the streets, but eventually he stopped next to a body that was lying down. He looked at it for a few moments, before silently getting down on one knee next to it and starting to whisper something. A small magical circle appeared in front of his hand, and for a moment, a vague scent of lavender took over the town... right before the mage heard the sound of a sword being unsheathed.

As the black robed figure slowly stood back up and turned around, he was able to see what he had missed while he was focused on his spell – the arrival in the town of the ragtag group of knights, mercenaries, and an archbishop. Rafal had been the first to act, jumping down his gryphon and preparing his weapon, unsheathing an old sword, the only peculiar detail about its appearance being its jagged blade. The other paladins also prepared their weapons, albeit a bit more hesitatingly.

The mysterious figure turned around to look at the young knight, not seeming to care that a sword had been unsheathed. “Knights...”, a boy’s voice was heard, the stringent disgust seeping into it all too obvious. “Always misunderstanding, always jumping at the smallest opportunity to prove their valor, and their honor, no matter how much suffering they might create.” Rafal was clearly taken aback by this, but hearing the hooded figure only seemed to make him angrier. “How dare you? What have... what have these people ever done to you? What possibly could have driven you to... to kill an entire town? How could you bring so much suffering and pain and feel no remorse for it? You’re...just like those demons from the war. Monsters like you should be burned in the streets!”

The cultist, and the necromancer, as that much was obvious about him, said absolutely nothing for a few moments, before he took down his hood, revealing his messy black hair, his very pale skin and crimson eyes, that almost seemed to shine with the final light of the twilight slowly dying around them. “...You never understand... no one ever does. Heroes and knights, always so brave, always so beloved... and yet you... you’re just as much of a monster as I am It’s not fair... it’s not fair... it’s not fair...” Something like a small cloud of black smoke appeared around his left hand, and it materialized into a serpent, dark, with eyes like red rubies, coiled around his arm, and angrily hissing. "Your leader here is too much of a hero to understand..", the necromancer said in a cold voice, looking at the others who were behind Rafal. "Leave. Leave now and never look back. Or you will regret it."
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sun May 16, 2021 7:15 pm

Outside the walls of the ruined Ohridia

It had been only a day yet the site of the battle between the forces of Arthur and Prince Alexander's forces already smelled of decay and burnt flesh. Corpses littered the battlefield, most having already been looted of their valuables by Arthur's surviving men, one of the prices of war. Normally Arthur would have put a stop to this and had his army respect their fellow Velikiyian dead, but he himself was almost losing consciousness from the strain his body had taken during the fight. Arthur had several wounds that were healing, but were still painful to the touch, chiefly among them was Alexander's magical lance had pierced him in the shoulder. Though Arthur had won the duel and technically the battle, in retrospect neither side had gained or lost anything from the fighting.

Well, I suppose I did lose something. Arthur thought to himself, as his lieutenants and other princes allied to him had reported that their losses numbered around 5,000 men, leaving Arthur's army down to now only around 20,000. Alexander had lost a similar amount of men, however Arthur knew Alexander could afford those losses. Arthur needed every man he could get, as he was now outnumbered almost 3 to 1 to Alexander's coalition.

And that's not even counting the support he has from the Cult of SIns and whoever else he is in league with, the bastard. Arthur instructed for the dead to be buried in mass graves, and gathering his strength, he and a retinue of around 50 along with several of his princely allies entered the now sundered gates of Ohridia, once the crown jewel of imperial power in Velikya, now reduced to a smoking ruin.

What darkness will I find here, oh Aurora?
------------------------------
Ohridia, former capital of Velikiya

Arthur and his retinue rode down the now ruined and empty streets of his cousin's seat of power, the city that had withstood Yazgirian and Karaki siege countless times and survived, the city that was the site where Velikiya's first Krai rallied the scattered princes of the cold country against the largest Karaki invasion in recorded history, the city where Arthur's ancestors had ruled, now reduced to a smoking pile of rubble. The last time Arthur had been here was several months earlier when he pleaded for his cousin Krai Wilhelm to call the banners of Velikiya to root out the armies of the Cult of Sins, but was shunned after Prince Alexander convinced Wilhelm that Arthur's claims of the Cult's reemergence as unsubstantiated. That was also the last time Arthur saw his cousin alive, as he presumably perished along with the rest of the city's inhabitants, which was mysterious in and of itself.

Arthur noticed that despite the devastation, there were no dead bodies to be seen anywhere. None in the streets, alleyways, collapsed buildings, nothing, and the city was eerily silent, the only sound being their horses' hooves against the cobbled streets. The news of Ohridia's sacking had been a shock to the entirety of Velikiya, as it seemed that Ohridia had fallen in a single night to an invisible enemy, gone the next morning. Arthur and his men were most likely the first living people inside the city's walls for over a month since it fell, and it even disheartened the usually stoic Arthur to see the city of his ancestors ruined.

Aurora what happened here? What evil could have destroyed my cousin's city and its defenders in a single night with no forewarning?

Arthur and his retinue, which included his most trusted ally Prince Artem, came upon the entrance to the imperial palace and were shocked at the state it was in. The formerly beautiful building, complete with its gilded onion domes and marble statues, looked like it had been assaulted with trebuchets as huge gaping holes dotted the walls of the palace. Arthur dismounted along with the rest of the retinue, unsheathed their swords, and entered the ruin. The interior had the telltale metallic smell of dark magic lingering inside, as piles of ash were scattered around the entrance, most likely what remained of Krai Wilhelm's personal guard after being reduced to ash by some fell magic. Though the building was in extreme disrepair, Arthur instinctively led his men on to the throne room where he had been countless times in his life, and stood awe stuck at what he saw as they entered.

Seated on the throne that the krais had used for generations were the remains of Arthur's cousin, Krai Wilhelm, only recognizable now because of his ornate set of armor that had the Black Sun of Velikiya emblazoned on his breastplate and the Krai's personal coat of arms. While the rest of the men stayed back in awe and terror, Arthur regained his composure and approached his cousin's corpse. Almost fully decayed by now, Arthur could see what had killed him: Wilhelm had been decapitated and the head was sewn back on his body afterwards by whatever sick creature had killed him. Arthur fell into a rage at the disrespect of his own kin's corpse, and lost control of himself. Arthur unsheathed his sacred sword and cut through the various tapestries that were hanging on the walls around the throne, and blasting balls of blue flame at tables and chairs throughout the throne room. Arthur only stopped when Prince Artem called out his name several times, and when Arthur looked at what he had done he fell to his knees.

"I should have been here to protect him! He was my krai and my cousin, yet he died along with the rest of this once beautiful, vibrant city to the Cult, I know it was them, I know. I bet that they didn't even spare his children, the monsters." he exclaimed in anger.

As Arthur was wallowing in his misery, Prince Artem approached Wilhelm's body and found something stashed in between his breastplate and undergarments. Artem reached for what looked like a piece of paper and took it, an envelope that had the krai's seal on it. Looking to Arthur, Artem walked over to him and gave him the letter. Arthur, confused at first, opened it and read its contents which he recognized was his cousin's handwriting, though it looked to have been written in a haste.

"To whomever may find this: The city is under attack by gods know what, one moment the city was as peaceful and quiet as it ever is at night, and the next a large explosion happens that destroys the main gates! As I am writing this, I can hear the screams of the inhabitants down below and I can hear the sound of other explosions nearby. I don't know what kind of army was just able to appear out of thin air seemingly, and it definitely is not Karaki or Yazgirian. Whatever they may be, I will lead out what little forces I have to face this threat as a krai should. But first I have sent my three children away from the city, each with their own personal bodyguard from my own retinue. i may die here, but the line of Velikiyan krais cannot end here. Whoever reads this, contact my cousin Prinz Arthur Ivanovich Dukkov and Prinz Alexander enlist their help in finding my children. Gods be good I hope they escape."

Arthur picked himself up from the floor, and dusted himself off. He knew now what he had to do.
Last edited by Zapatha on Sun May 16, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fereni
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Mon May 17, 2021 1:36 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:???

"Purity and kindness?" Meta scoffed. "As if. That little bitch tortured me and took away my memories. Besides, she works with that prick pretending to be a prince. That's not very pure, especially considering his habits. Quite a pathetic excuse for a slave of Castitas. Although really, shoving anything in the face of those bastards of the church is a good thing as far as I'm concerned." She pushed her hair back, sighing. "Chastity is an absurd concept, anyway. Why judge a woman based on the presence or lack thereof of something that can be damaged through a thousand other means? Especially when people like that prince can play around with impunity. Call me crazy, but double standards like that really make me angry. I have just as much right to enjoy myself as any man. Oh, but I'm rambling, now, aren't I? It doesn't much matter, in the end. She's still a bitch, no matter how you slice it. And I would love to slice her." She tilted her head, seeming deep in thought for a moment before speaking again.

"So she's still trying to mess with my mind? Even after I..." Her voice trailed off into something almost like a growl, but quickly bounced back to cheer. "I appreciate your intervention, Alexia. You're a sweetheart. Especially after I threatened to kill you earlier! No hard feelings, right? We've definitely had some lovely times together, apparently more than I ever remembered, but... Kiryl is more important to me than anyone else in the world, you know? If I had to kill a hundred thousand people for him, I'd do it without hesitating. Compared to how I feel about him, I really don't give a damn about anyone else. But like I said, no hard feelings. It's not that I dislike you, it's just... anyone who gets in his way, or in the way of our love, has to die." She shrugged. "Alexei is lucky that I didn't kill him, really. I suppose I had a soft spot for him, even if I didn't remember why. And you know... I'm angry that you didn't tell me, but I'll let it slide. You're right, after all. I didn't care about anything or anyone except Kiryl. As far as I was concerned, he was the only person in the world who mattered. I was drowning, and he was my lifeline. He was my future... he is my future. I am going to marry him, whether Alexei likes it or not, and we are going to be together for all eternity. It's as simple as that. Back then... nothing else could have possibly mattered to me. I don't get to rest anymore, but that's fine. I'll be awake if it's for him. As long as you don't try to interfere with that, then I'll forgive you for letting me live in ignorance. Do we have a deal, Alexia?"
i'm keeping the flag until i find something better

Saleon wrote:oh, gosh, you guys are insane.
Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...
Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.
Spindle wrote:We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Even with another name, you having fun is still worrisome.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed May 19, 2021 4:04 pm

Az’goxaak, the Forgotten Prince
Some Town in Morizia
Finishing the Fight

Seeing the arrows and bolts being fired by the mercenaries, Az simply raised her hand towards them. As she raised her hand a magic spherical shield surrounded her. It was only mere seconds after the magic shield was created that the arrows and bolts made contact with it. Each arrow and bolt struck the shield, only to slide off the shield and onto the ground. Once the last bolt hit the ground, the shield dissipated and multiple Azs, numbering the same as the remaining mercenaries, rushed into combat.

A few of them towards the mercenaries approaching Michael, but the majority of them towards the rest of the mercenaries. The true Az was among the multiple copies, specifically among the few heading to engage the mercenaries approaching Michael. The goal of these copies was not to harm the mercenaries, but serve to confuse them. There was no way to tell the real one from the illusionary copies. That was until a mercenary struck one of the illusionary copies, which would react to the hit by dissipating into mist.

So, as the mercenaries who approached Michael attempted to engage the copies that charged them, only one mercenary watched as their attack was narrowly dodged by Az, who proceeded to run them through with her sword. As she pulled her sword from the chest of the mercenary, the other three had dealt with her illusionary copies, and turned their attention to Az.

The three of them lunged at Az, maces swinging to strike. Az was able to avoid two of them, only for the third to strike her in her back. She stumbled forward slightly, but recovered quickly and struck back with speed beyond what should have been humanly possible. Slashing through the neck of the three of them with the tip of her sword. The bodies did not hit the ground before she was rushing towards the remaining mercenaries, and their leader, who by this point had dealt with the remaining illusionary copies.

As Az rushed the remaining mercenaries, about half of them dropped their bows and crossbows, drawing maces and clubs. They were prepared to meet the charging Prince of Hell. The other half backed away, nocked arrows and loaded bolts, firing before Az reached their comrades.

As the arrows and bolts came down, Az danced through them, dodging the majority of them and slicing a small number out of the air. Two bolts however made contact with Az, one of them bouncing of her armour, while the other one lodged itself just above the collar bone. One bolt would not stop her advance, as evident from the fact that mere seconds after the bolt hit Az, her sword took the head of one of the mercenaries.

As Az plowed into the mercenaries with melee weapons, those with ranged also dropped their weapons to draw their own maces and clubs. With those drawn, they rushed into to aid their comrades. The melee only lasted thirty seconds at most, as steel sang and blood flew. Blood mainly from the mercenaries, but some from Az, as against these numbers even Az would take a few hits.

With the melee over, only Az and the mercenary leader remained standing. She looked to the mercenary leader, flicking blood form off her sword as she walked towards the leader. The leader at this point had drawn his sword, and stood now unsure off his chances of success. This uncertainly would give way to fear, as the leader saw something no one else did. Az was spinning yet another illusion, only visible to the mercenary leader. Az showed him a heavily exaggerated depiction of her true body.

"Monster." Was all the mercenary leader said as in a moment of fear he lowered his weapon, giving Az the perfect opening. An opening the Az took, as she lunged forward with inhuman speed.

"Enjoy Hell." Az said quietly as her sword was plunged into the mercenary leader's neck.

Pushing the mercenary leader off her sword, she flicked blood off the sword before sheathing it. As she sheathed her sword, she turned and began walking away. People looked on as Az walked by, some thanked her, some were afraid of her, and others looked on her with anger. Az just smiled and nodded to them as she continued until reaching where Faye and the children where.

Reaching the door, she attempted to open it, only to feel some resistance. After trying a second time, Az just knocked and spoke.

"It's safe now." Az said and looked back to the aftermath of the fight, "Albeit a little messy, but it is safe."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Fereni
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Thu May 20, 2021 3:03 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Some Town in Morizia
Finishing the Fight

Faye had tried her best to keep the children calm, but they were all still scared, and the sounds of violence outside only worsened their fear. Several of them were sobbing, all trying to cling to her, and the knock on the door sent several more into frightened tears.

It's all right, Faye wrote. It's Miss Karina. I'll go let her in. She stood up and went to open the door, smiling, though her eyes widened as she took in the sight of Az covered in blood. One of the children, a little girl, hid behind a chair in fear, but Faye just turned and smiled gently. Don't worry, she wrote, showing it to the girl. I know she looks scary, but she only looks like that because she was fighting to protect you, just like the knights in stories. Those knights aren't scary, are they?

The little girl poked her head back out, and looked Az up and down appraisingly. "She's like a knight?" Faye nodded, and the girl took a few tentative steps forwards, before running to throw her arms around Az's leg. "Thank you, Miss Knight," she said, her eyes wide and sparkling. "I'm sorry I was scared of you."

Spindle wrote:We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Even with another name, you having fun is still worrisome.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat May 22, 2021 1:49 pm

Anselm
Merckburger Fen
Village

Pieces of wood, the occasional, seemingly mummified corpse and whatnot swirled through the air, clattering against the barrier like like a Karaki wardrummer on a Shroomtrip would beat his drums, an annoying and likely also frightening sounds as each impact signified a possibly lethal projectile that could have hit any one of them. In this case it was quite lucky that they had an Archbishop with them, Lucia's barrier protecting them more than the house ever could have...though Adelheid was still of the opinion that the Archishop should have come with them to take proper shelter, just in case her shield might let something slip through. Something she made quite clear as she went to the door and cried out to Lucia:

"Your virtuousness, please, come inside! If you were to get wounded in this waterspout, I could not live with the shame!"

She ignored Daniel's whispered request, both because she had more urgent things to take a look at and because he was obviously talking nonsense. Even just a single day in the hands of what was clearly an at bare minimum ill-behaved and far too powerful child as well as the loving attention of whatever minions the Unsterbs had in this place was one day too many. She was not particularly keen on having to see him blinded, skinned and with a lack of nails when she would see him next.

As an example for one of those more urgent things, Pynus had apparently managed to crush into the shack together with Marina just seconds before Lucia's barrier fully closed. Thank the gods they were safe, though Adelheid's mood was still rather sour, her gaze critical as she looked at the two and said with as much dignity as she could muster:

"It was passable."

, her upstage expression quickly shifted into a smirk as she added:

"It'd be excellent if the two of you hadn't decided to run right at your own distraction but I suppose it must be that adventurous pirate spirit at work there, hu?" It worked out this time but still, do try to not risk your life senselessly like this. Or well, how you risk your own life is not for me to decide but atleast don't risk Marina's as well."

She ignored the flood of complaints she was likely going to get from Marina, instead turning to one of the windows, the constant clattering of debris having mostly ceased, meaning that the waterspout had likely faded or moved on. Looking out she caught the two troublemakers falling out of the skies, one holding the other yet clearly neither of them were going to be able to control their fall in any meaningful way. Looking at it, they were likely going to-

"Wind!"

, a voice shouted next to Adelheid, someone else clearly also having taken a look out of that window. Adelheid's eyes grew large as tableplates as she watched small tornadoes form under the falling bodies, slowly their descent. Then a bunch of shields appeared which quickly broke and were replaced, further slowing their fall untill they were out of sight due to the village's main hall blocking the view.

Adelheid was still trying to grasp what had happened as she turned around to see the two brothers arguing. She was in disbelief. Of course she had thought the two of them to be fairly naive, they were young afterall. But if they intended to go adventuring like this in a world that offered so many childlike beings that were so much more and so much more terrible than that...they were not going to make it for very long at all. No, she could not, in good conscience, take these two young and inexperienced children into the Fen with her. There was absolutely no way she could do so.

With the waterspout having ceased, she almost mechanically brought the door back down and walked out, thanking Lucia for her acts in protecting them with an inclined head and a mumbled thanks. She then surveyed the overall village. It was in worse condition now for sure. The houses had lost some more subsance and some really foul smelling stuff had been blown out of the Fen and all over the place. Still, it seemed like they'd have some time for themselves.

"Yakr, please, go to the edge of the village and see if you can make out where those two landed. Keep a lookout too just in case anything or anyone is coming. Pynus, Marine, please, start investigating and see if you can figure out what happened here before...all this. Your virtuousness, would you be so kind as to back me up?"

She sighed before finally turning to Leon and Daniel, not having assigned any task to them yet. Looking them over, she couldn't help but feel bad about what she was about to do but it had to be done.

"Daniel, Leon, I am sorry but I don't think I can take you any further on this road. Doing so would be absolutely irresponsible of me and I could not carry the burden if the both of you were to perish or suffer any easily avoidable harm in this Fen. Please, we are still merely at the borders of the Fen and the sun is high up in the sky so turn around and leave us to do what we came here to do."
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 23, 2021 5:14 pm

Grand Duchy of Wyzkia
Ⰳⱃⰵⰴⰸⰹ Ⰴⱆⰽⰰⱅ Ⱎⱏⰹⰸⰽⰹⱁⱃ
Grędzi Dukat Wyzkor

Strength blooms forth from loyalty

Opaliński Kościół

Seeing Alina smile, and seeing her feel at least a little better...brought a smile to Rafal's face. He was still at least a little bit worried, that much was obvious, in the way he was looking at her, but realizing that she was still alright despite something that could have gone very wrong calmed him down slightly. "I'm glad that you've been able to talk with her, and that.. you've been able to understand each other.", he answered earnestly, in a voice that was just as quiet as hers. "And I'm glad that.. you think we're alike. We grew up together for most of our childhood. She was the one who convinced me that I had to strength to try to follow my dream of becoming a paladin. She's an incredible person, she's brave, and she's kind. It really makes sense that the two are sisters." His eyes seemed to light up a little, but her apology made a twinkle of worry appear there, something that he just couldn't control. He hated the idea that she could still be overcome by fear, even here, in a place where she should feel safe. "You don't need to apologize for that, Alina. I'm the one who's sorry that you had to be scared like that, and I'm sure that Anastazja would be also. She just.. didn't know.. and she wanted to help. She.. spent her entire life focused on her title, and on the importance of being her father's heir.. so there is no wonder that she would believe that losing your title would have affected you a lot. And Alina..."He smiled again, gently, as she clasped his hands, but seemed to be really torn between being happy and being worried. "I'm glad that you're thinking like that. You certainly don't need someone like him, and you don't need to see him or think about him ever again. You also have a family you never knew you had in Anastazja, and you also have a new family in my family, and yes, we will also be family, even if well, describing me like that is a little.. flattering.. "

Rafal clearly blushed a little, but he tried to remain focused on the conversation. "And in a way, I am glad that you are worrying about me, but you should try to think and worry about yourself also. I don't care what people think about us and our marriage as long as you're happy, but I do not want you to suffer if any rumors about the truth would have to spread. So in that case, I'll talk with her, and we won't try to do anything in the Kebra, even if I still do think that someone should challenge that bastard to a duel and give him a good beating.", he told her, anger seeping a little into his voice, but he then sighed again, deeply. "But what Anastazja didn't think about it is that you'll have a title anyway, my title. And...even if a long time might pass until you and Anastazja can officially tell people that you are sisters.. if you are the Grand Duke's daughter, then you most certainly have a title that shouldn't be ignored." Smiling, Rafal let go of her hands and took a step back, bowing deeply as the etiquette at the Ducal Court would have required. "I'm sure that this was a grueling evening so far, but I have something prepared that might help. Will you follow me, your Highness?", he asked, offering her his hand.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Europa Undivided » Mon May 24, 2021 2:03 am

The Army of the Free Soil

Marcel Pyke (Emrys Dracorsen)

Aldunax had disappeared. In his stead, Emrys, the half-dragon sorcerer that rode a wyvern trained not by cruel whips but by a true bond between man and beast, had taken the reins of the Army of the Free Soil. It was regrettable how things turned out to be; expectations that many across Anselm would rally to the banner of an army that sought to end slavery were met by sorrowful disappointment. Less than half of what was expected ever came, and few of these were true soldiers. To make matters even worse, the League of Anselm, furious at this brazen disrespect of their millennia old tradition of humans keeping other humans as property, had sent its wrath towards the Free Soil, sending the army of freed slaves flying into the forests.

While things looked grim for their expected revolution, not all was lost. After all, empires fall, kingdoms rise, and revolutions falter. It will take time for those who truly believed to actually take arms for the Army of the Free Soil, but for now, the legion will melt into the glades and forests, hiding in the shadows as they all bid their time to bring true liberation, even if Anselm would have to know of their peaceful intentions through force. They had, after all, a powerful sorcerer in their head, an elemental that would soon prove to be an impediment to anyone that sought to pursue them...

The Wilderness
River Crossing

Emrys and his wyvern hung back, letting the last of the Army of the Free Soil to cross the river before he enacted his magic. Emrys gazed over the river crossing, gathering his thoughts as magic flowed through him once again.

Now.

Ancient magic pulsed through the half dragon's hands, flowing as grains of sand that burrowed themselves into the sediment beneath the river's clear waters. Then, the riverbed cracked, splitting in half as ancient magic clawed the earth. The shallowest part of the river sunk, eventually becoming as deep as a man's waist, just like the rest of the section. Then, Emrys raised his hands, and lo and behold, spikes of stone arose out of the riverbed, serving as a painful barricade for anyone that would follow along this route.

The half dragon sorcerer that now led the Army of the Free Soil would repeat this process again and again, laying natural barriers that would delay their pursuers. Riverbeds were filled with stony spikes, certain clearings that were away from their route of retreat were set ablaze, the resultant pillars of smoke deceiving those who saw them to be where a camp to have been set, only for it to be a guileful distraction placed into a motion by an elemental sorcerer that rode a creature that could soar above the clouds. Paths that once clearly showed the road were destroyed, their tiles flung away. But again, this will only buy and waste time. Victory will have to come at a greater price than some bouts of magic...
Last edited by Europa Undivided on Mon May 24, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon May 24, 2021 2:45 pm

Kingdom of Duivene
Ⴐⴄⴈⴀⴓⴋⴄ ⴃⴄ Ⴃⴓⴈⴅⴄⴌⴄ
Reiaume de Duivene

Virtute et valare luceo non uro
By virtue and valour I shine, but do not burn

Citadel of Chovers

Tower of the Augurs
Rooms of the Princess

"We all danced on the edge of insanity during the war..", Alexis answered in a low voice. Even if she seemed to be feeling better, the exhaustion was still vividly visible in her amethyst eyes. "We fought in a war that we never wanted, in order to protect the truths that formed our own reality. We were thrown in the middle of it, without understanding it, and had to fight in order to protect our loved ones, in order to respect our oaths, and in order to protect our dreams. Even to this day, I often wonder. Who was right, and who was wrong. Why did so many people have to die. And how would the world have been, had we been the ones to lose." The princess tightly clenched her right hand into a fist until her knuckles turned white, before she looked back at Illania, or to be more exact, in her general direction, avoiding to look into her eyes. "As for your brother... I can somewhat understand him. I only met Ezekiel, but Auguste, my brother, always thought highly of him. The first generations dying, and the rest of us having to step in due to promises, oaths, and beliefs.. this was the fate of many." Alexis smiled a little when she heard what Solomon was thinking about her, but she still seemed to be somewhat detached from the entire discussion, mindlessly stirring the tea in the cup she was holding. "Solomon always was the bravest and most honorable Achysian that I've known. It's a shame.. that he has to keep fighting like this. And that you also have to keep fighting, so long after the war has ended. Fighting for one's family, fighting because your family is fighting.. I know... I know that."

A moment's silence followed, as the blonde haired princess seemed to realize something, which made her look straight at the Achysian witch in front of her, amethyst eyes meeting black. "Do blood and death have to be your only future? Does your sanity hang solely on recovering what was lost through battle? What if there would be a way that would allow you, Solomon, and the others, to recover at least part of what was lost, without having to shed the blood of innocents anymore?"

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon May 24, 2021 6:23 pm

Some Town in Morizia
The Aftermath

"Ummm... It's fine..." Az said as she looked down at the child, rather unsure what to do. This was not something Az was used to, in fact, this was perhaps the first time in a long time that a child had embraced Az in such a way. The last time this kind of thing happened, well, it was because a child got lost in the Misty Forest and Az had found them, and showed them the way back home. Back then, Az had no idea how to react, and that had not changed.

So, any idea how to remove this child from my leg? Az signed to Faye, It makes me feel weird and uncomfortable.

Pynus of the Wind and Yakr
Merckburger Fen
Post-Distraction

"Yakr will keep eye out." Yakr said as he nodded to Adelheid before heading off to the edge of the village to begin searching. Once he spotted where he thought the two landed, he got down onto his belly in an attempt to lower his profile and hopefully be harder to see as he kept watched.

Meanwhile, back in the village, Pynus sighed.

"Nothing adventurous or senseless about it." Pynus said, "If a distraction caused us to be separated, then it would also benefit the distractee. Regrouping during the distraction was a calculated decision just encase the distraction either didn't work or we decided to use it as an opportunity to run away."

Pynus smirked, "I am not just a pretty face. Anyways, back to communing with the grass, I'll let you know if it tells me anything."

With that, Pynus returned to a patch of greenery, sat down and pulled out the Blade of a Thousand Splint 'Ars. Using the relic, she began to commune once again with the plants, inquiring about what happened.

Kazimiera Baltozyte, The Archbishop of Industria
The Town of Łómyśl
A Strange Necromancer

"How so?" Kazimiera spoke up as she approached. She kept a hand on her sword, ready to draw it, but right now she wanted to get this necromancer talking. There was something off about them, and it wasn't just the appearance.

If anything, it was the fact that there was the faint scent of lavender when the necromancer tried to use their magic before being interrupted. There was also the matter of the snake that appeared on his arm. Definitely magical in nature, and very powerful. Too powerful to be the result of a spell, which meant only one possibility. A relic.

All three of these things together, the unique appearance, the scent and the magic snake

"Please, explain your point of view. How is it not fair? How are heroes and knights no more monsters than you?" Kazimiera continued, her goal was to hopefully before the inevitable fight broke out was to get some more information from this necromancer, "Most monsters I know wouldn't draw such comparisons, with or without evidence to back it up. That, and most monsters I know of don't have dark magic that smells of lavender."

Of course, as she said all of this, she was readying herself just encase the necromancer decided to act on his threats instead of talking. That, or one of her compatriots acted before the necromancer could talk.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue May 25, 2021 11:39 am

Tracian Empire wrote:(Image)
Kingdom of Duivene
Ⴐⴄⴈⴀⴓⴋⴄ ⴃⴄ Ⴃⴓⴈⴅⴄⴌⴄ
Reiaume de Duivene

Virtute et valare luceo non uro
By virtue and valour I shine, but do not burn

Citadel of Chovers

Tower of the Augurs
Rooms of the Princess

"We all danced on the edge of insanity during the war..", Alexis answered in a low voice. Even if she seemed to be feeling better, the exhaustion was still vividly visible in her amethyst eyes. "We fought in a war that we never wanted, in order to protect the truths that formed our own reality. We were thrown in the middle of it, without understanding it, and had to fight in order to protect our loved ones, in order to respect our oaths, and in order to protect our dreams. Even to this day, I often wonder. Who was right, and who was wrong. Why did so many people have to die. And how would the world have been, had we been the ones to lose." The princess tightly clenched her right hand into a fist until her knuckles turned white, before she looked back at Illania, or to be more exact, in her general direction, avoiding to look into her eyes. "As for your brother... I can somewhat understand him. I only met Ezekiel, but Auguste, my brother, always thought highly of him. The first generations dying, and the rest of us having to step in due to promises, oaths, and beliefs.. this was the fate of many." Alexis smiled a little when she heard what Solomon was thinking about her, but she still seemed to be somewhat detached from the entire discussion, mindlessly stirring the tea in the cup she was holding. "Solomon always was the bravest and most honorable Achysian that I've known. It's a shame.. that he has to keep fighting like this. And that you also have to keep fighting, so long after the war has ended. Fighting for one's family, fighting because your family is fighting.. I know... I know that."

A moment's silence followed, as the blonde haired princess seemed to realize something, which made her look straight at the Achysian witch in front of her, amethyst eyes meeting black. "Do blood and death have to be your only future? Does your sanity hang solely on recovering what was lost through battle? What if there would be a way that would allow you, Solomon, and the others, to recover at least part of what was lost, without having to shed the blood of innocents anymore?"

"I remember Auguste as well, I had afternoon tea with him and my brother from time to time after all, and it seemed like it was almost natural that him and Ezekiel struck up a friendship, they spoke with one another as if they had been friends their entire lives." I remember the past, I remember my elder brother's amber eye looking desperately into mine in hopes of forgiveness of what he did, forgiveness I gave him. But he isn't here to forgive me of my crime and he never will because of what I did.

I sip my tea and continue. "Myself aside, as my fate is already sealed, Solomon and grandfather would consider it. Solomon for obvious reasons and grandfather was always the pragmatist and the reason he keeps going the path he is going, the path to war and battle, is because he sees no alternative because the consequences of him turning back are unacceptable. But if you had such an idea he would, at the very least, lend you his ear, Solomon never let a negative word about you, not even an implied one, be said in his presence, which means he would listen purely out of deference to the respect Solomon shows you, he is to be the next head of the family after all, the next heir to the Bearer Velira. As for myself, I will always do what I feel is best in order to help Solomon, even if everyone might disagree with my methods, because I am his elder sister. So if such a path existed I would consider pursuing it for his sake."

The maid refills my cup and I look down into it and see my reflection staring back at me. "But you do raise the question I have sometimes wondered, what if we had won? I do not know, all I did was fight until the very last moment to protect and save my family and my people and I failed at that. Or what if those you call traitors had been the heroes and you cast down as the traitors? Would they have forged a better peace than the one that came from about rather than this madness we live in? But I suppose it doesn't matter. After all, what was once changeable, is now set in stone. Of what was gleaming with possibilities, none remain. We can only fight on with what hand fate has dealt us."
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Sun May 30, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Fereni
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Wed May 26, 2021 3:15 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Some Town in Morizia
The Aftermath

Faye smiled apologetically and leaned down. I'm sure Miss Karina was happy to help, she wrote, showing it to the little girl. But we shouldn't grab on to people without permission. It can make them very uncomfortable, so please be careful from now on.

The girl nodded, backing away. "I'm sorry, Miss Knight," she mumbled, looking truly ashamed.
Tracian Empire wrote:Opaliński Kościół

It makes sense... that we're sisters? That was a bewildering statement. What does he mean by that? She and I... we aren't alike at all. That was fine, though... it was fine. She shouldn't think too hard about that. He was probably just trying to be nice--she could see the concern in his eyes once again. She'd have to get used to that look, she supposed, even if it did make her feel small. But she didn't have the right to complain, did she? If people worrying about her made her feel like some damsel in distress, well, she always had wanted to be like the princesses in her stories, hadn't she? This was part and parcel of that, even if the rest of it was out of her reach. The other things she had dreamed of seemed so silly, now. Dresses that sparkled like a thousand diamonds, lush gardens full of magic and wonderful secrets... lofty promises of undying love and happily ever afters. What ridiculous thoughts. Life wasn't a fairy tale. And yet, being in danger, being rescued by a brave knight... wasn't that how it always went? She hated herself for being so weak as to need it, but... Like it or not, I am someone desperately in need of saving. And since a knight had presented himself before her, offering her exactly that... she shouldn't be ungrateful. He was worried because he cared, even if only a little bit, even if not the way they would have to let others think.

Yet despite the concern in his eyes, he was still smiling, and that was better. At least when he was smiling genuinely she felt like less of a burden. And the way he blushed, that was--no, she couldn't have thoughts like that. She banished them to the back of her mind. "It wasn't flattery," she replied quietly. "Flattery is insincere. I meant what I said."

He was right about the title, she supposed. Once they were married, she'd be a baroness. There would be a lot of things she would have to do, after that... but she could handle them. At least, she hoped she could. I should meet with the servants at some point, she thought. I don't want them to worry too much about me. Maybe I'll ask Rafal tomorrow if I can talk to them. If he's not busy...

The thought of the title she would have if she were the Grand Duke's daughter snapped her out of her thoughts. That was true, she would, but--could she really even be his child? She didn't know. Her appearance didn't offer a lot of clues; her eyes came from her mother, she knew that much, but she was paler than both her mother and either of her prospective fathers, and her hair color was an absolute mystery to her. Maybe that man had had similar hair once, but she didn't know; he'd always had white hair in the portraits she'd seen of him, though she didn't know how old they were. She didn't look that much like him, though... she didn't really look like him at all. Was it possible...?

If that was the truth, then--she would be a princess, wouldn't she? A real, genuine princess. She wasn't sure if she found that thought amusing or sad. I'd be a poor excuse for royalty, that's for certain.

Rafal letting go of her hands startled her again, but not nearly as much as the sight of him bowing deeply to her, as if she really was royalty. And then--

She must have made some sort of shocked noise, judging from the way he looked back up at her, but at the moment she couldn't really register it. He called me--he really said--but that's, but I'm--

"Is something wrong, my princess?" he asked, and she didn't think it was possible for her to feel more flustered. Her face felt incredibly hot, and even with the low lighting she was sure it must have been visibly red. She cursed her traitorous heart for the way it skipped a beat at those words, at the tone in his voice, at the way he was looking at her, a slight gleam of amusement visible in his eyes. She covered her face in embarrassment--and in an attempt to mask the smile that she couldn't seem to get off of her face. This isn't fair, she thought wildly. He can't just say things like that. Not when I--

"You don't have to do things like that," she managed to say through her hands, but when she peeked through the cracks between her fingers she realized he was still smiling, that same expression of mirth on his face.

"Of course, my lady," he said with no hint of hesitation. "But I still must request that you allow your loyal knight to try to ease some of the strain you must be under."

She lowered her hands just enough to look at him, and nodded slightly, before finally uncovering her face entirely and reaching out to take his offered hand, though she couldn't bring herself to make eye contact. How embarrassing... Why would he say things like that? And why am I reacting like this? I... I don't understand, but I guess... I don't really mind it, either. It's... it's nice. Strange, but nice. He really does make me feel like a princess... like he's trying to turn my life into the fairy tale I used to wish it was. And... I don't think I want him to stop...

"L-Lead on then, brave knight," she replied, her attempt at matching his behavior somewhat damaged by the fact that she was still very obviously flustered by the whole situation. "I will follow."

I know... I'm safe with you.

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Wed May 26, 2021 12:00 pm

Łómyśl, Wyzkia
Stefen Rogalski

The journey to Łómyśl, a town on the way to Świątniki Górne took a while to accommodate the speed of horses and gryphons to make sure no one was left behind. Stefen took a bite out of his jerky as his dinner while Jean-Marc was at the driver's seat driving the carriage. At the back of the carriage sat boxes of dried food, medicine, blankets, and weapons, enough to provide necessities for survivors encountered. Although it could be cramped, it can transport a good amount of people.

According to Jean-Marc, the carriage he and Vicki captured was from an Anselmian mercenary company that deals in the slave trade which explains the room. Stefen had to do a second take to the idea of a slave transportation carriage being used to transport potential survivors although his friend has transported freed slaves to a town near the border that Asche stayed in for the night.

The convoy stopped at Łómyśl and Stefen and Jean-Marc were ready to find an inn to spend the night in. The town was disturbingly quiet. Bodies were strewn everywhere in the town. Stefen knelt down and checked for pulses on a few of the bodies. No heartbeats felt. The group was on edge at the sight of the town. Stefen went back to the wagon to arm himself with a crossbow, filling his pouch with some bolts while keeping his sword by his side.

Then came a necromancer, at least Stefen thinks that it's a necromancer. A black robed figure with chains just walked about in a matter that would be unsettling to an average man. A snake appeared on his arm, making the figure even more disturbing. The paladins unsheathed their weapons as did Jean-Marc with Vicki. Stefen raised his crossbow at the direction of the figure. The leading paladin, Rafal, demanded answers and the figure responded with a complaint and a warning. Then the bishop stepped forward with her question. Stefen just stood back and looked around his surroundings for any other people or things roaming the town. The last thing they need is an ambush by zombies, bandists, or cultists.
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Thu May 27, 2021 7:14 pm

On a road about 50 miles north of the ruins of Ohridia

Riding through some parts of Velikiya, you would never guess that we are fighting a civil war at all.... Arthur thought to himself as he and his retinue rode along the road Arthur knew well. It had been several days since he and his company of around 30 knights and other horsemen had left his army in Ohridia, traveling in search of Krai Wilhelm's children. Reading the letter still haunted Arthur, seeing the manic way his cousin had described the attack on the shining jewel of Velikiya disheartened him then and still did. Arthur had fought such evils during the Great War, but it was different now that he was fighting them on Velikiyan soil. Arthur could still remember his cousin Wilhelm fighting alongside him during the Battle of Arak'thon, that climactic battle while the Knights of Light would soon confront the Mage Emperor and decide the outcome of the war....

That's in the past now, I must focus on the here and now.

Arthur had surmised that Wilhelm's children could be in one of several hunting lodges that belonged to the imperial family nearby, as they were relatively secluded and offered a refuge. Arthur had accompanied Wilhelm, Wilhelm's father, and Wilhelm's grandfather on trips to this lodge and knew the way well. Arthur had left Prince Artem in command of their forces while he left in search of the krai's children to guard Ohridia from future incursions by Alexander or more....supernatural enemies. Even being in the state it was in, controlling Ohridia was still a symbolic advantage Arthur and his allies now had over Alexander. Having one of or all three of Wilhelm's children would further legitimize Arthur's cause to install the next krai of Velikiya in the ancient trials, which was why Arthur couldn't let Alexander get his hands on even one of the children.

"My prince look up ahead!" shouted one of Arthur's companions, and when Arthur looked at the destroyed village up ahead, he knew at least one of the krai's children had to have been here some time ago. As they inspected the village, it resembled the destruction of Ohridia though on a much smaller scale. Burned out huts, barns still smoking, the local temple to the Sixteen completely destroyed, only the altar left in place. And again, there were no dead bodies, not even skeletons. The only hint that gave away what happened here were the ash piles that somewhat resembled human bodies, most likely what remained of the poor souls that were killed by some fell magic. Arthur knew that whatever had attacked Ohridia had most likely pursued one or all three of Wilhelm's children to the village and a fight had broken out. From what Arthur could tell, strong mages were pitted against each other in the center of the village, as he sensed the magical residue they had left behind. It seemed as though one mage had been defending against several others at once, but somehow escaped as there were no ash piles nearby.

"Vlad was here..." Arthur whispered to himself, as of the three children he knew Vlad had a reputation in the imperial court as the most magically adept of the krai's three children. Whatever had attacked Ohridia had followed Vlad and possibly his siblings here, where they fended off their attack and presumably escaped.

"We're done here men, we continue on to the lodge. This village is nothing more than a smoking ruin, and we are wasting our time here." And with that the group set off down the road again, with about 20 more miles to go before they reached their destination.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 28, 2021 5:45 pm

A glade where the Sins had met

"i see it... even if I am blind, I see so much more than you, Avaritia.", the white haired boy answered in a low voice. "I understand why you would fear for her... but you are late. Far too late. We have already been bound together, in life and in death. Nothing can break us apart, and just as she would crumble without me, I would wither and die without her. I can not imagine life without her. You do not know how much I had to control myself and my heart, to reject her and to ignore her for these past three years even if I knew all too well that even with so many of her memories lost, she was still in love with me. And in the end I failed. I was too weak. But I couldn't see her suffer anymore. And I care not for the dangers of the future. She will be happy. She will find joy, seven times and more than all the suffering in her past. Whether it is with me or without me, my sole reason for being alive, and for existing in this world is to make sure that she will be free and happy, she, and my sister. I will not give up on either of them, and I've sworn that on my very soul. If it can be achieved while also maintaining my sanity, my memories, and if it grant me a happy future also, with them both, then there is nothing else I could wish for in this world. But no matter how much Superbia seeks to cloud my mind and to drown me in darkness and arrogance, if it has to be done, I will give up that role, and I will sacrifice myself in whatever way is necessary." Looking at the blue haired man with his hollow, now golden eyes, the Archbishop tightly clenched his hands into fists. "And I know for certain, that she will be returned safely. I will not accept anything less, and I will make that bastard pay."

Suddenly however, his tense anger seemed to dissipate a little, as if he was listening to someone speak, and then just as promptly, the boy turned around and faced away from Alexei, with his face oriented towards the edge of the glade. "How long have you been hiding there, Zaria?"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat May 29, 2021 6:05 pm

Grand Duchy of Wyzkia
Ⰳⱃⰵⰴⰸⰹ Ⰴⱆⰽⰰⱅ Ⱎⱏⰹⰸⰽⰹⱁⱃ
Grędzi Dukat Wyzkor

Opaliński Kościół
Seeing her like that, blushing and yet smiling, being embarrassed and yet clearly at least a little happy... it made his heart feel a lot lighter. As she called him a brave knight, and told him to lead on, his heart almost skipped a beat, and Rafal was too happy to even stop and think about it. It was curious, that he would be feeling like this. That her being at ease like this would make him relieved was something that he had grown accustomed to, as he had done to feeling anxious over how she was feeling like, but being happy over seeing her flustered like this, it was something he couldn't fully understand. But it didn't matter. She seemed to be feeling better, much better in fact, compared to her angry reaction not that much time ago, and this is all that mattered. And as he was leading her back through the castle, and towards the room, still gently holding her hand, he couldn't help but feel tense and giddy with excitement at the same time, eager to see what she'd feel about what he had prepared for her. And just like that, they stopped in front of Alina's room. Night had already truly began, so the boy used his other hand to take one of the candles from the nearby wall. "Take a look inside the room, your Highness.", he told her, still smiling. "Your most humble knight and servant hopes that the gift he has prepared for you will be satisfactory."

A few moments of silence followed, as he opened the door. The room seemed to be the same as it was when Alina had barged out of it, running, leaving a shocked Rafal behind, but something had changed. On the wooden table in the far corner, there was now a flower were before there was none. A white, delicate and decorated ceramic pot was holding in it a pink aster, with its star-like shape, many petals, and a bright yellow center. The poorly lit room, with only some vague light from the moons in the sky outside the window and the candle that the red haired boy was holding showed the flower to be gently glowing in the darkness, not bright enough in order to disrupt sleep or to be used as a source of light, but just enough to be there, to be visible, and to be a calming presence, like Lunaria's light in the darkest times of the night. It was an enchanted flower, a work of both nature and someone's magic, a gift fit for a story with princesses and knights, love and hope. Giving someone a flower that you had enchanted yourself was both an important and a deeply personal gesture, as the one using magic on the flower had to use his own mana and his own feelings during the process. And it was very obvious that Rafal had been the one to do it, as red asters were painted everywhere on shields throughout the castle, the heraldic symbol of the boy's house and lineage. "You said that you liked the garden, and the flowers in it, and I know that plants are important to you, and that you might not be able to visit the garden as much as you'd like..", he told her in a low voice, a tint of worrying present in it as he was clearly waiting for her reaction. "So I thought... it might be nice, for you to have a flower here, something that you can keep with you, something that you can look at more often. My mother taught me.. how to enchant flowers, back when I was little. So I thought... I could enchant one, and give it to you."

League of Anselm
Ⰵⰹⰴⰳⰵⱀⱁⱄⱄⰵⱀⱄⱌⱍⰰⱇⱅ ⰲⱁⱀ Ⰰⱀⱄⰵⰾⰿ
Eidgenossenschaft von Anselm

Liberare necesse est, vivere non necesse
To be free is necessary, to be alive is not

A few miles outside of Ennestein

"It should indeed be your real name, Emiliy, and I am glad that you like it. I'm slightly less glad about such boring things as morals though. Human beings are always the most interesting when they attempt to create their own morals or justifications, or when they try to avoid them altogether.", the deity answered, a smirk on his face. "As for your other questions..." A deep sigh followed. "When you entered this world, you nearly died. You were like a disease in a body, or like salt dissolving in water, drowning in the mana and magic of this world. You being brought here only to die would have been quite pointless, so I was asked to make sure that your body could survive here, and I used my powers to do just that. It is also why you are able to use magic - think of your life and of your current powers as.. gifts from me. And also it wouldn't be bad if you'd keep in mind that I'm the reason you've survived twice now." The black eyed boy giggled, clearly finding the concept to be quite amuzing. "So your body is here, and you are very much awake. This is your reality now. And as for what would happen when you die... don't all humans want to know that? What would happen to you wouldn't be up to me, so I'd suggest visiting the next temple you see and praying to the Lady Most Kind a little. You could also try not to be as suicidal. Life is a gift from the gods, you are not meant to throw gifts away now, aren't you? Especially since for the time being, you are alone. You are not the first, and probably not the last, but you are alone."

Her final question however really seemed to puzzle the skull-wearing figure. "What you should call me? You really are an odd one now, aren't you? Most people simply do not address me by using a name. I've had many names and none. I've been called many things. An outcast, a beggar, a spirit. Just pick whatever you'd like. I do not smite people for making mistakes. And if you choose something good, I might even give you a reward!"

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Sun May 30, 2021 1:06 pm

A few miles outside of Ennestein
Asche

Coming to the world nearly dead and being told that she would know if she could return to her old life in the afterlife isn't exactly something she expected as answers. According to that deity, she's not the first of the people from her world and it's likely she won't be the last but being the alone one in the world doesn't really give her any comfort as well.

The god seems confused by her question of a name. Guess he never considered himself to have one but seems intrigued and given her the responsibility to come up with a name for him. Asche thought for a while, thinking of a suitable name for him.

"The name just popped up, likely a memory from my world. How about Ed?" she asked.
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Fereni
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Sun May 30, 2021 4:03 pm

Alina didn't know what to think. Following Rafal through the winding corridors, hand clasped gently in his... it was nice. She felt relaxed, even in the dim lighting, even with twisting shadows that normally would set her to worrying. She'd always been a bit frightened of the darkness, her mind conjuring up images of what could be hiding in the shadows; she'd started to grow out of it as she aged, but her time in captivity brought it all back and even worsened it beyond anything it had been before. Shadows didn't have to hide terrifying monsters, she knew that now. Sometimes the people who hid there were far worse.

Yet with Rafal guiding her, she felt safe. No one was there; she was in a sturdy castle, with guards to keep anyone from sneaking in, and even if someone succeeded despite that, Rafal would be there to protect her. Still, she couldn't deny a twinge of relief when he took a candle from off the wall, and she could turn her thoughts entirely to curiosity about what exactly it was that he had prepared.

It was absolutely beyond anything she'd thought it would be, and she couldn't keep a small gasp from her lips. "Rafal," she whispered, stunned by what she saw. "This is... for me?"

It was beautiful. A delicate pink blossom that glowed like a small star in the darkened room--an aster like the ones she'd seen throughout the castle--she almost couldn't believe what she was seeing. The gesture was so thoughtful and kind... he must have put so much effort into it. Even beyond the work it must have taken, and the fact that he had thought about what might make her happy, the choice of flower made tears well in her eyes. By giving her the same flower that symbolized his name, he'd once again welcomed her not only into his home but into his family, into his life. And although she knew he hadn't meant it that way, it was a rather romantic gesture as well, a small example of the kind of courtly love she'd wished for as a child. "It's beautiful." She turned around and embraced him. "It's so beautiful. I love it. Thank you so much, Rafal, thank you... it's perfect. It's absolutely perfect..."
Tracian Empire wrote:A glade where the Sins had met

"Hard to say, really." The voice came from a shadowy figure within the trees, but as it approached it revealed itself to be a pale young woman in white, silver hair glittering. "Probably not long, but I've been trying to stabilize myself. The journey over took more of a toll than usual. Like someone was interfering, or... I don't really know how to explain it, if I'm honest. Still... Zaria, reporting for duty," she chirped, saluting. "Master Alexei, you look like you've been through hell."

"That's not important." Alexei's tone was urgent. "If you're here, then that means Meta is--"

"Not doing so well, no. That prince is..." Her voice lowered, and for a moment, her pale eyes flickered red. "The worst scum in all the realms," she hissed, before returning to her previous state. "He and the false hero Saeria have been having their fun. I wanted to intervene, but..."

"You couldn't do anything without your wielder. I assume they incapacitated her?"

"In more ways than one." Zaria's brow furrowed. "He held her back with magic for a time, but then he..."

Alexei's face paled. "No."

"Much as I wish I could lie to you, we both know I can't." Zaria smiled sadly. "He's already put the slave crest on her. He did that before he even took her away. Shattered her eyes, too." She leaned down, picking a small fragment of glass out of the ash and blood on the ground. It was a piece of what had once served as Meta's eyes, a shard painted green and black that seemed to stare with a frozen, unblinking fear. "And he's been having Saeria get into her head. I... I couldn't..."

"What?" Alexei's voice was sharper than he entirely meant it to be. "What are you talking about?"

"He said he was going to change her memories. Make her forget again... and she couldn't accept that. She made a promise to remember." Zaria looked over at Kiryl, eyes flickering red again. "She made a promise to him, and she'd do anything to keep it. Anything."

At those words, Alexei's skin somehow managed to pale even further, seeming almost gray. He looked like he was going to be sick. "You can't mean that. You can't. She wouldn't--"

"For him?" Zaria gestured towards Kiryl. "She would do anything. We all know that. That was... when I left, after he agreed to it. I couldn't stay and watch that, and she wouldn't want me to, anyway. She wouldn't want anyone to see that... and I had all the information I needed, by that point. There was nothing else I could do."

"Where is she?" Alexei's voice cracked. "Where did he take her?"

"The Citadel of Barrakazo." Her response was prompt. "It'll take a few days at the quickest for all of you to get there, by my estimate, but I suggest we hurry all the same. After all..." Her voice deepened again, and then she changed, her appearance seeming almost to melt and change into a different one--still a young, silver-haired woman, but her hair had lengthened by a great deal, her simple white dress changed into an ornate black one, and her eyes now a bright, blazing red. "I want to kill that bastard as soon as possible."

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon May 31, 2021 1:37 pm

Im Namen der Eidgenossenschaft von Anselm
In the name of the League of Anselm

An die Apostelprinzessin von Arghyo
To the Apostle-Princess of Arghyo

We, the Most Esteemed Council of the League of Anselm, the Tagungskammerr, foremost legislative body in the League of Anselm, present to you this following missive.

Definitive evidence of collaboration between criminal, treasonous elements within the League of Anselm and the Principality of Arghyo has surfaced, thanks to the diligent work of members of this Council. It is as a result of these revelations that the Tagungskammer respectfully requires the arrest of the individual named Kyle Perrin-Palaiologos and confiscation of all this individual's assets untill officials of the League can take them into custody. Furthermore this Council requires of the Principality of Arghyo that it closes its borders to the criminal, treasonous elements currently running rampant beyond its borders.

This Most Esteemed Council will delegate one of its number to investigate the matter in the Principality of Arghyo. It is requested that this envoy be permitted entry into the Principality as well receive the full cooperation of the Apostolic Authorities so as to oversee all efforts undertaken to uncover this plot in its entirety. They are to be the eyes, ears and mouth of this Council while at the court of the Apostle Princess.

Furthermore this Council requests that the Apostolic Principality of Arghyo aid in quelling this uprising by opening its harbour facilities for the landing of League troops which are to aid in suppressing the revolt through a southern advance.

To be free is necessary, to be alive is not
Frei sein ist notwendig, lebendig sein nicht

Anselm
City of Wiedlispen
Forces of the League

The response of the League came swift once the situation was clear. The fact that Konstanze Unsterb had already had forces prepare for the inevitable campaign just sped up the entire thing so that nary a week after she made her case before the Tagungskammer a solid army was disembarking from its ships in Wiedlispen, having sailed across the gulf from Heydekrug. An army, 10.000 strong, made up of the most black hearted mecenaries the Black Band had to offer. They were to receive an additional 5.000 of local militia forces, men familiar with the country with a personal stake in all this...or just conscripted but not complaining to avoid draconic punishments and get the free food the army offered.

The host was led by none other than the infamous Colonel of the Black Band, his presence necessitated by the Tagungskammer which intended to make an example, to show just how committed it was to stamping out this rebellion, this act of treason. Not that Dietrich was complaining as it allowed him to charge more for what appeared to be a rather simple assignment. Get rid of a bunch of poorly armed and organized slaves with a small core of seasoned warriors. It would be good enough.

The host moved out of Wiedlispen another two days later, joined by a solid 2.000 militia. It's path was generally following that of the Army of the Free Soil yet it was for some reason taking its time, being in no hurry and instead being very, very, very thorough in combing the land for any spot the Army of the Free Soil could have escaped to. And while they did not come across the Army of the Free Soil itself, which managed to stay ahead of the Anselmians due to their slow and methodic approach, they came across plenty of other communities...with varying amounts of violence. Sometimes there were escaped slaves, sometimes it was simply bandits, other times cultists, unmarked Loroi settlements and dozens of other things. The ensuing confrontations could almost always go either way, with everyone parting in peace or violence breaking out as the other party was accused of lawlessness or collaboration with the Army of the Free Soil. Either way, in the wake of the army there were even more pillars of smoke rising towards the sky, adding to those of fake campsites the Army of the Free Soil left behind as ruse.

And there was truly no reason for the Anselmians to hurry up. They knew that Namenlosen wa a fixed point that they would reach eventually anyway. And they knew, unlike the Army of the Free Soil, that another army was hopefully soon going to arrive from the south, putting the slaves between a rock and a hard place. All they needed to do was to make sure that none slipped through between their fingers.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Mon May 31, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon May 31, 2021 7:18 pm

Fereni wrote:

"Purity and kindness?" Meta scoffed. "As if. That little bitch tortured me and took away my memories. Besides, she works with that prick pretending to be a prince. That's not very pure, especially considering his habits. Quite a pathetic excuse for a slave of Castitas. Although really, shoving anything in the face of those bastards of the church is a good thing as far as I'm concerned." She pushed her hair back, sighing. "Chastity is an absurd concept, anyway. Why judge a woman based on the presence or lack thereof of something that can be damaged through a thousand other means? Especially when people like that prince can play around with impunity. Call me crazy, but double standards like that really make me angry. I have just as much right to enjoy myself as any man. Oh, but I'm rambling, now, aren't I? It doesn't much matter, in the end. She's still a bitch, no matter how you slice it. And I would love to slice her." She tilted her head, seeming deep in thought for a moment before speaking again.

"So she's still trying to mess with my mind? Even after I..." Her voice trailed off into something almost like a growl, but quickly bounced back to cheer. "I appreciate your intervention, Alexia. You're a sweetheart. Especially after I threatened to kill you earlier! No hard feelings, right? We've definitely had some lovely times together, apparently more than I ever remembered, but... Kiryl is more important to me than anyone else in the world, you know? If I had to kill a hundred thousand people for him, I'd do it without hesitating. Compared to how I feel about him, I really don't give a damn about anyone else. But like I said, no hard feelings. It's not that I dislike you, it's just... anyone who gets in his way, or in the way of our love, has to die." She shrugged. "Alexei is lucky that I didn't kill him, really. I suppose I had a soft spot for him, even if I didn't remember why. And you know... I'm angry that you didn't tell me, but I'll let it slide. You're right, after all. I didn't care about anything or anyone except Kiryl. As far as I was concerned, he was the only person in the world who mattered. I was drowning, and he was my lifeline. He was my future... he is my future. I am going to marry him, whether Alexei likes it or not, and we are going to be together for all eternity. It's as simple as that. Back then... nothing else could have possibly mattered to me. I don't get to rest anymore, but that's fine. I'll be awake if it's for him. As long as you don't try to interfere with that, then I'll forgive you for letting me live in ignorance. Do we have a deal, Alexia?"

As Meta goes off on her sister I smile the smile I usually have. In truth I cannot hate my sister that much, the two of us are just mere pawns dancing on the stage of this chaotic world for the amusement of the Gods, we were born for that purpose and no other. But every story needs a hero and undoubtedly she is a heroic woman while I am, undoubtedly, by the standards of this world, evil. Though I have no problem with that since I enjoy the role I have been cast into and I enjoy these stories as much as the Gods do. Even more than them if I get the ending I endeavor for in truth. After Meta finishes speaking I comment with a smile. "No hard feelings." I shrug. "I may not be able to feel much for, well, just about anyone, let alone what you feel for him, but I can respect your feelings in this anyway. I have always been fond of you and Alexei, despite his hate for me, so I have always endeavored to do what I could for you." As I say that the memories around us show that past me and Meta smiling and laughing over something trivial and I will not deny that there is a part of me that misses her calling me Ma, perhaps it is something like what Alexei feels but no matter. "As for your deal I agree, so long as you do not try to interfere with my own goals in exchange, but I don't see why you would because my goals are not harmful to you or him, in fact they will probably be to your benefit." I chuckle.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:21 pm

League of Anselm
Ⰵⰹⰴⰳⰵⱀⱁⱄⱄⰵⱀⱄⱌⱍⰰⱇⱅ ⰲⱁⱀ Ⰰⱀⱄⰵⰾⰿ
Eidgenossenschaft von Anselm

Somewhere in southern Anselm

The bard's sudden outburst of magic and aggression took the Anselmian soldiers and mercenaries completely by surprise. Most of them had their backs turned on him to begin with, as they were heading towards the slaves for what they saw as an easy battle, so most of them were blown away or at least forced to fall by the violent gust of wind. The slaves, while unharmed, had also braced for impact, while those among them who couldn't fight hugged each other even tighter, the sound of people crying still easy to be heard even with the wind. And yet, there was one among the enemies who survived unscathed, and who didn't even lose his balance - the commander of the mercenaries, who remained exactly where he stood, tightly gripping the wooden shaft of his lance and using it in order to keep himself in place. "Ah, so you are not just a bard then.", the flamboyantly dressed mercenary replied. "What are you then? A mage? A monster? And what interest could you possibly have in trying to break the law and spill blood for a few mere slaves? And yet.. it doesn't matter." As he sighed, the rest of his men slowly returned in the glade, the sellswords being the first to recover and to position themselves in a phalanx-like formation behind their leader, with their spears forward, while the guards were a lot more shaken and hesitant, with a few of them even turning around to flee.

The mercenaries didn't seem to notice or to care however, as the phalanx-like semicircle started to advance, slowly and steadily, towards Soren, and inevitably towards the slaves. The leader however, in front of the formation, clearly wanted to deal with this so called bard by himself. "I'm sorry, but business is business. A contract has been signed, and we gave our word that we would escort the slaves back to their masters. So if you want to oppose resistance, to stop us from accomplishing our goals..", just as he said the last word, the mercenary threw his spear in the air and caught it with his right hand, holding it as if he was about to throw it at Soren, as as he was holding it, he murmured a spell. The spear's metallic tip caught on fire, burning brightly with an orange flame, and the armored man threw it right at the bard - before quickly unsheathing his sword and charged towards him, blade in hand.

Grand Duchy of Wyzkia
Ⰳⱃⰵⰴⰸⰹ Ⰴⱆⰽⰰⱅ Ⱎⱏⰹⰸⰽⰹⱁⱃ
Grędzi Dukat Wyzkor

Opaliński Kościół

"I'm glad..", the red haired boy answered, gently embracing her back. A shy smile had now appeared on his face, as did an obvious expression of relief - he had really been worried about his choice of a gift. Was a flower a good enough gift, would it truly make her feel better in her room? was the choice of a flower right, was the enchantment he had decided on proper, had he been able to enchant it right? So many questions, so many reasons to be worried, but now he had his answer, and he was happy. Seeing her happy made him feel more happy and relieved than he had been in a long time. "It should hopefully.. make you feel more at home, and help you feel better, even when I am not here, and even during the night.", he continued telling her in a low voice, but the mention of the word "night" seemed to have reminded him of just how late he was, because Rafal started yawning. "We should probably both go to sleep..", he then added, blushing a little due to having revealed just how sleepy he was like that. He hesitated for a few more moments, but he then slowly let go of her, and smiled. "Good night, Alina. See you tomorrow!"

When the sun finally rose the next morning, and after having given Alina more than enough time to get herself ready after the servants had woken up everyone, someone knocked at her door, waited for a few moments, and then entered, but that someone wasn't Rafal. Anastazja, looking a bit tired, was the one to enter her room instead. "Good morning, Alina.", she told her, her usual cheerfulness at least a bit dampened by her obvious lack of sleep. "I'm sorry to barge in like this, but I had to tell you that Rafal had to leave during the night. He was summoned by the Paladins, their numbers are stretched rather thin, with unrest from the Grand Duke's death and now there have been some weird rumors coming from the north, and he was put in charge of a group sent to investigate.", she started explaining, as she slowly took a seat next to her. "He didn't want to wake you up, he knows how tired you've been lately, and he couldn't refuse the summons, so I had to convince him to leave. He asked me to tell you that he's sorry for having to leave like that. But he will certainly be alright, and this shouldn't take more than a few days. This is after all the life of a paladin and of his family.." The red haired girl's voice trailed off a little, but she then shook her head and seemed to focus again on the situation at hand. "But don't worry about it! I'll be staying here to help you get accustomed to the place, and Elzbieta will also join us once she gets over the embarrassment of having acted so badly with you back when you first met. " The pink eyed girl smiled widely as she seemed to remember something. "And of course, we have a wedding to plan! I'm so excited about it, there are so many things that we can choose and I'm sure that you will have a perfect wedding. Rafal has already told me that he plans to spare no expense - he wants you to have a wedding that you can remember fondly. And I want you to listen carefully to me for a few moments, because I've come to a decision last night and I won't take no for an answer."

Anastazja took a deep breath as if to calm herself down,as her expression became a little more serious, before continuing. "I know that we can not yet reveal to people that we are sisters, but... like I've told you yesterday, you are my little sister now, no matter of what happens. And I can not allow my little sister to have to suffer in marriage because that bastard of a Czeslaw disinherited you. Don't worry about your titles, we won't talk about them anymore, and they don't matter anyway because you'll take Rafal's, but I'll be damned if I'll let my sister marry without a dowry worthy of her." And then she smiled again. "I will give you a dowry worthy of the princess you are, so you don't need to worry about a thing."

Fereni
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:39 am

"Hmm. Well, so long as your goals aren't harmful then I don't have a problem with staying out of your way." Meta shrugged. "I feel kind of bad for you, honestly. I can't imagine not being able to feel the way I do. But you seem to be happy despite it, so I suppose it's fine... I just don't really understand how it could even be possible."

Alina had slept surprisingly well after Rafal's departure, the soft glow of the aster helping her feel at ease even in the darkness. After waking up, she'd prepared herself for the day, but had then opted to stay in her room for the time being. She couldn't be certain that she wouldn't just get lost if she tried to leave by herself again, after all. Instead, she'd simply stayed where she was and continued to read the book she had been reading the previous night, though once again hiding it when she heard the knock at the door. She was expecting Rafal, and had been about to greet him when she'd registered who it was that had actually entered her room.

"Good morning," she replied, still cheerful, though wondering why her sister looked so very tired. Her next words answered that question... and they also sparked a look of pure panic. For a moment, Alina forgot how to breathe. Her face went completely white, and she had to make an extremely visible effort to school her features enough to look at least somewhat calm.

Rafal's gone. He left... he might be in danger... he might get hurt, he might--he might--

She had to force herself to start breathing normally again. He won't. I'm sure he won't. He can take care of himself. But a single treacherous image returned to her mind again and again.

He's lying in a pool of his own blood, and that horrible man stands over him, looking at her with a vicious smile.

"You shouldn't tell lies."

His blade descends, and twists horribly in Rafal's wounds, and she can see his mouth moving, silently, unable to speak through the pain. This is her fault. He's going to die, and it's all her fault.

Nausea welled up inside her, and she covered her mouth, still trying to keep her breathing regulated. That won't happen, not now. That only happened because he was trying to protect me, because I was too weak to protect myself... but he won't be there with anyone like me. I'm sure of it. They wouldn't send anyone there who couldn't protect themselves. He'll be fine. He'll come back in just a few days...

She distantly registered Anastazja speaking to her again, and forced herself to listen and hear what the other girl was saying. I wish he had woken me, she thought, a little bit sadly, but rationally she knew that it was probably better that he hadn't.

"I... I'm not angry with Elzbieta," she said quietly. "I hope she knows that... I don't want her to worry about it. Once Rafal and I are married, she'll be family... so I want her to feel comfortable around me. I would appreciate any help the two of you could provide in getting used to this place, I don't want to cause any more trouble for people by needing them to help me find my way all the time. If I--if I'm going to be the lady of this castle, I should know my way around. Oh, that's right," she remembered. "I meant to speak to the servants at some point. I was going to ask Rafal about it today, but clearly that won't be an option." She sighed. "I just... I don't want to be a disappointment as a wife," she admitted quietly. "I'm not... that man always said that I was useless for taking care of things. That I always had my head in the clouds... I know that's true, but I want to do better. I'm going to try my hardest to make sure that I'm a good wife, I don't want to keep being a burden on people. Rafal's already done so much for me, I want to pay him back." However I can, except... not that. Anything but that. Even if it's what a wife should do, I'm scared... I don't want that. It hurts too much.

"I suppose we do need to plan the wedding," she continued with a wan smile. "I don't really know that much about what needs to be done, to be honest. I never really looked forward to that sort of thing, since... someone like me wouldn't get to choose who I married. That man probably would have just found someone who was well-off and who would somehow be willing to accept me, and I would just... I would have to live with it. Even if he would frighten me, or hurt me... I couldn't be excited for something like that. But if it's Rafal, then I know I'll be safe. I just... I appreciate your help, I really do. I wouldn't know what to do on my own." She blushed a little bit at the thought of Rafal being willing to spend so much money just to make sure that she could have a wedding she would enjoy. "Rafal is too kind," she whispered. "Even after everything, he's still so kind to me." Since I don't really have that much of a choice if I want to keep at least some of my dignity, in the end... he's trying to make it easier. He knows there will be no love in this marriage, but he still wants to make me feel welcomed and happy. He really is far too kind.

Anastazja's next words absolutely shocked her, and she was reduced to stammering for a moment. "You don't--you don't need to," she started, but stopped herself, knowing that her sister meant her words and would not take any refusals. Instead of protesting further, she ducked her head slightly, smiling. Is this really what it feels like to have a family that cares about me? She squashed the voice in her mind telling her that it didn't matter, that Anastazja cared about who she thought Alina was rather than who she really was. She didn't want to think about that right then. She wanted to think about having a sister who was willing to provide her with a dowry, knowing that she had nothing to her name. Even though they'd only just met, even though few people had any idea that they were sisters at all, Anastazja was still willing to support her, and it lit a warm glow in her chest that felt very unfamiliar. On impulse, she embraced her sister, still smiling but also blinking back tears. "Thank you. All of this, even though you hardly know me... I don't know how I could ever repay you. Thank you..."

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:38 pm

Grand Duchy of Wyzkia
Ⰳⱃⰵⰴⰸⰹ Ⰴⱆⰽⰰⱅ Ⱎⱏⰹⰸⰽⰹⱁⱃ
Grędzi Dukat Wyzkor

Opaliński Kościół

"It's alright to worry about it.. but I'm sure you'll make a great wife.", the red haired girl answered in a gentle voice. "That man, from all I know about him, was a complete and utter failure as a father, so even if there would have been any issues with your preparation, then those only exist because of him and his education. But it doesn't even matter. No amount of preparation when you are young can prepare you for being a wife, that's at least what Rafal's mother used to tell me. Just like no two castles are the same, marriages are different, and you can learn how to be a better wife in time, much like how you can learn how to better help in managing your domain. What's important is the way you feel about it, and how much soul you can put into it. " Anastazja sighed, as if she wanted to forget the last figments of memory she had about Czeslaw. "And of course, you won't be alone in this. Rafal must also learn how to be a good husband, so you'll both learn together, and it doesn't mean that you will be a burden for him. He is kind... maybe too kind for his own good sometimes, but this, marrying you - it was his choice. And I'm sure that he doesn't regret it." The pink eyed princess gently took Alina's hand into hers as she smiled. "You don't need to repay me in any way. It doesn't matter if we hardly know each other - we have the rest of our lives to properly act like the sisters we are. And I'm sure that our parents would have wanted you to have a wedding that you can remember fondly. So I'm doing this as much for you and Rafal, as I am for me and our parents." A few moments of silence followed, as they always did whenever the girl thought about her father, and yet, she quickly seemed to push the sad thoughts away. "That in the end is the fate of most of us noblewomen. But we will do something about it, sooner or later... few noblemen would be as dishonorable as to hurt their wives, and we will root them all out. But still, I am really glad that you will marry Rafal. He was quite popular among the unmarried noblewomen that I know - they would have probably jumped on him as soon as knowledge of the end of my engagement with him would have surfaced. And without you, he would have probably had to marry some rich girl who was merely interested in his title. And it might be a little weird, but it does seem that he's still going to marry into our family... I'm sure that our father would have appreciated it." Anastazja chucked at the thought of Konstantyn's reaction to the news, had he still been alive.

"I don't know that much either, but since I was planning my own wedding until a few weeks ago, I will use everything I know to help you. And I'll do my best to make sure that you will be looking forward to it." And the red haired girl smiled again. "Starting with making you look great for today! What do you say, shall I do your hair?" Not waiting for an answer, the girl quickly stood up and walked to the table with a mirror in the wall over it that was placed in the far corner of the room. The servants had already prepared all that was needed there earlier in the day before, so she returned quickly with a comb in her hand, sitting down next to Alina. Her hair was pretty long now, as it had grown below her shoulders, and it looked a little ragged. It was as if she hadn't tried to take care of it for a while, but it was still wavy, and its beautiful pink color almost seemed to shine. Anastazja gently started to comb it, a little hesitatingly perhaps. It wasn't that surprising that a princess who spent a lot of her recent life dressed as a knight wasn't fully in her element here. And yet, she was certainly doing her best - and not before long, she giggled. "This.. reminds me of our father. I always had servants taking care of me, but whenever he returned home, he tried to spend as much time as possible with me. And a few times, he even tried to comb and braid my hair, with varying levels of success." She giggled again, but it was probably for the best that Alina was turned with the back at her and couldn't see her face - the sadness in her eyes was overwhelming. Then she got to braiding her hair, parting it, and then she started dividing and twisting some of the hair together. "Let me try this..", she told her, still hesitating a little, "A friend of mine from the ducal court showed me this once.."She continued, working like magic for someone who claimed so little experience, bringing the two twists together and tying them, with more wrapping involved in a way that probably would have made Rafal think that tying the knots in a rope used to scale a castle's walls would have been much easier to do. A few more finishing touches followed, and now with a smile on her face, Anastazja took a small handheld mirror from the table, and positioned it so that Alina could see her new hairstyle quite easily. "What do you think?", she asked excitedly.
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:00 pm

The Last Admiral had chosen his officers for this meeting carefully, a few reliable men, and they remain all together for both the meeting and the feast. After the feast though one of them dons his ceremonial mask of rank and breaks off from his fellows and waits for Eric de Villegaignon to be alone before approaching and speaking with him.

"General de Villegaignon? Lord Admiral Mavrakis wishes to speak with you at your earliest convenience in the quarters provided to him, in private. Or if you wish for a different meeting ground he is amiable to it."
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:56 am

Wyzkia

Suddenly, her eyes fluttered open and stared into the darkness of a barren cave. There was the familiar thrumming, a silent chorus that only beings such as she could hear. It wasn’t until that fateful day when war carved the world and all she'd known was destroyed by fire and brimstone that she could truly hear the hum. She’d survived more by accident than skill, had the Faith been more competent then she might be wasting away very deep in a dungeon at this very moment. No longer was she the Damsel of War, nor Irena z Trzesn, now she simply was.

A shudder ran through her, prompting her to pull the thin blanket tighter around herself, as if to ward off the painful memories of her past life. As the vortex within her brewed, so did the throbbing in her ears. Frustrated, she finally sat up, threw off the blanket and ran a hand through her short disheveled hair. It had once been a rich auburn brown, the envy of every girl in her village, but now it was matted and turning to a silvery white. Caught by a faint feeling of unease, she rose and began putting together her few belongings.

Finally, when her boots had been pulled on, she followed the whistling of the cave’s winds, treading the cold stone quietly. The fire she’d made the previous night still burned with a meek flame. The thrumming in her ears grew louder as she passed the fire by. Light played over the low cave walls, shadows grew and shrank, and with their movement the stone came to life. The shadows danced, and she saw men and beast with steel and magic flickering back and forth, and the humming in her ears grew to a low roar. The heat of burning pitch warmed her skin, bowstring twanged and pierced armor, cries of victory and despair rose like a howl. She wasn’t sure how, but her feet moved of their own volition and she found herself standing before the cave wall. Men in the great tangle of battle, their bodies writhing in rage as they wrought death and destruction. They were doomed to endlessly relive their greatest triumphs and hardships.

The stone did not move, but the vision clouded her eyes and rooted her in place. Her hands began to trace along the jagged stone, and her mouth moved but no words were uttered. Now the song was so loud it seemed to shake the very foundation she stood upon. Her palms began feverishly scraping the cold stone, trying desperately to carve words into the hard stone. Time seemed to slow, and the rock trembled one last time before everything went still.

The trance was broken.

She collapsed, feeling as if the whole cave had collapsed on her. As her cheek hit the cold hard stone, she had a final moment of clarity before blacking out.

In her dreams, Irena wasn’t alone.

She was sitting at a table, face to face with . . . someone. Or something; she couldn’t see, or couldn’t seem to perceive, like some force averted her eyes.

“I can give you revenge,” a voice sang to her, all soft, poisonous tones wrapped over ragged edges, like honey dribbling down a sharp knife. “You were hurt, I’m on your side, I can make you hurt never again.”

“I would like a sweetroll better,” Irena said, her tongue hardly moving in her mouth. “There is nothing that a good sweetroll can’t, if not make better, then at least put into a perspective.” And the voice was quiet.

Irena didn’t remember her dream when she woke up; she never did.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse