NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [IC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:00 am

Somewhere in Achisia
A field of death
The Night of the Bloody Moons

As Julie started to speak, the blonde haired prince and hero slowly turned around to look at her, with the same calm expression and gentle smile on his face. Ekaitz, now more than ever, seemed to be very embodiment of the heroes from the legends, as if one of the brave and mighty evil-slaying knights from the Age of Abhorrence and the Age of Cleansing had descended upon the world once again. His aura was glowing around him in this night of darkness and corrupting influence like a torch or a beacon, and his kind smile seemed to be able to calm down even the most horrified of people. He was already famous for it - the Prince of Xerena was one of those men who seemed to have been born to rule and to fight, one of those who were able to take over a horde of panicked and deserting soldiers and to turn them into an unbreakable wall of shields and spears. Julie could sense it all too well - disagreeing with him seemed to be a horrible and heinous crime, and the idea that your words or actions could upset this warm-hearted prince would have been a terrifying one for everyone around him. He was one of those people who could just change the minds of the people that he led effortlessly, he was one of those people for which thousands of others would have been ready to die at a sign or a word. He was one of the Seven Heroes, one of those who slayed the corrupted Mage-Emperor, who saved all of the human realms, all of the world even. The knight, hero, and prince, that everyone loved and expected, that everyone wanted to follow.

"You want to save him?", the green eyed prince asked softly. "It's truly heartwarming to see you so dedicated to your position and to your Virtue..you truly are a great Archbishop of Benevolentia, Julie. This world truly needs more kindness these days..and every time when I see someone with such a kind heart as yours I'm reminded that our efforts during the Great War were not in vain.. it was for people like you and for the hope of a better world that we all fought." Ekaitz remained quiet for a moment, with a smile that would have probably been more than able to melt the hearts of all the princess across the human nations. "I'm sure that Benevolentia would be proud of you.. but I can feel this evildoer's aura from here.. dark, corrupted. The smell of scorched fire and settling ashes.. he is long lost, and he is not worthy of your kindness. If we truly want to remove evil from this world, and if we want to save the people from his undead army, we have to send him to his final judgement. We can not waste time trying to save what can no longer be saved, instead, we have to start by cutting off the roots of evil, as sad and heartbreaking that might be."

Ekaitz smiled sadly. "So let me carry this burden, Julie. I shall take care of this, and the death of their dark master will end the undead army too. Thousands of lives will be saved...and then, we shall fight and protect those who need it until the break of dawn." Turning around, the hero wasted no time looking at Celio who was trying to stand up yet again. Bolt after bolt of lighting, Ekaitz mercilessly attacked the dark haired boy, and Celio's screams of pain pierced through the night around them..

Somewhere
A knight, an angel, a demon
Meeting a god?

After a few moments, the little deity opened his mouth to talk again.. just as Nysa touched his skull mask. The angel-girl quickly snatched her hand back, amazed and confused.. but the black eyed boy seemed to be just as confused as her. He was.. he was a god. He was a divine being, much more powerful than any of them, and even if most of the mortals had no idea who or what he was, they could all feel his power.. and most of them were either amazed or terrified by it.. but all of that treated him with the respect that he deserved. This was the first time that someone had touched his mask like that...and he had no idea what he should do. Burn her alive? Forget about it? Punish her for it? You couldn't just go and randomly touch the people around you, right? Especially if one of them was a weird, skull-mask wearing divine entity. Right?

But luckily for Nysa, Az immediately started speaking, distracting the little deity's attention as he quickly regained his composure. "You're not fun at all, little demon. Messing around with mortals is one of the greatest things that beings like us can do, it is one of the most wonderful things in this great and cruel world. Putting them in front of unexpected challenges, helping them or hindering them, just messing around with them..it's the most entertaining thing that there is.. the complete opposite to the eternal boredom that we have to suffer through.." And the little deity chuckled. "I can't say that I respect mortals.. but their insanity is just so much fun. That's why someone as insane as this knight could be interesting to watch in the future...." But then, out of a sudden, the boy left his vaguely mischievous attitude behind, becoming serious again. "I certainly do hope that you are not questioning my authority or mercy, little demon. It's true that not many people know about me.. and that is really, really sad... but I'm fairly certain that I would be an amazing supreme deity.." And that moment of seriousness quickly disappeared as the boy giggled.

He snapped his fingers again.. and two things happened at the same time. A large circular area against them was surrounded by a wall of shadow that quickly expanded into a full dome, covering them, and blocking the crimson light of the sky, and an invisible force pressed against both Az and Nysa, forcing them to kneel on the ground, in front of him. The boy sighed, and hellfire, similar to that used by Az earlier, started to burn around his left hand and arm, the flame bringing some light to the darkness inside the dome. "I offered you a simple deal.. and I really don't like it when people reject my kindness.. that little broken knight there is close to dying.. and I'm fairly certain that you don't want to be here when Achlysa will come to claim his soul.. right, Az'goxaak? Even if you two being reunited after so long would be a touching moment.. I'm not sure how she would react to the whole part where you left the Eight Hells only to hide in the mortal world. And your little fight from earlier would be in vain if the little knight would die, right? So it's a win-win situation."

"You two ask me to save him, I save him, and I'll also help you survive through this night. Isn't that a great deal? Now come on.. do it."

Fallen Achisia
The city of Kydara
Under the protection of the Council of the Six Nations

Pride simply hugged her again. "You do not have to give your life away for me..my world would be empty and dark without you. I don't know what I would do if you were gone..", he whispered, so that only she would be able to hear him. "I'm sorry.. I'm sorry that I had to act like that for so long....but every time I look at you I can't help but feel horribly guilty.. and it hurts, it hurts so much.. it's all a maelstrom of pain and guilt.. I remember things only to forget them the next day and to remember then again the day after..and always and always, I can feel that fear grasping my heart.. the fear that I could lose you again.. that I could you lose you forever, without me being able to do anything to help you..but I will save you. I will save you one day, and we will be able to escape from all of this.. I promise. No matter what, I promise. You'll never have to be alone and afraid again..and one day.. one day you won't have to do all of these terrible things anymore.. even if you don't understand it right now, even if you don't understand anything right now.. you just have to trust me. Can you do that? Can you trust me, no matter what?"

The white haired boy then kissed her again, but much more gently this time, as if she was a porcelain doll that he was afraid to break. And after their kiss ended, he remained close to her, his empty silver eyes right in front of her false green eyes. "Can you?"
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:49 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Somewhere
Meeting a god?

After a few moments, the little deity opened his mouth to talk again.. just as Nysa touched his skull mask. The angel-girl quickly snatched her hand back, amazed and confused.. but the black eyed boy seemed to be just as confused as her. He was.. he was a god. He was a divine being, much more powerful than any of them, and even if most of the mortals had no idea who or what he was, they could all feel his power.. and most of them were either amazed or terrified by it.. but all of that treated him with the respect that he deserved. This was the first time that someone had touched his mask like that...and he had no idea what he should do. Burn her alive? Forget about it? Punish her for it? You couldn't just go and randomly touch the people around you, right? Especially if one of them was a weird, skull-mask wearing divine entity. Right?

But luckily for Nysa, Az immediately started speaking, distracting the little deity's attention as he quickly regained his composure. "You're not fun at all, little demon. Messing around with mortals is one of the greatest things that beings like us can do, it is one of the most wonderful things in this great and cruel world. Putting them in front of unexpected challenges, helping them or hindering them, just messing around with them..it's the most entertaining thing that there is.. the complete opposite to the eternal boredom that we have to suffer through.." And the little deity chuckled. "I can't say that I respect mortals.. but their insanity is just so much fun. That's why someone as insane as this knight could be interesting to watch in the future...." But then, out of a sudden, the boy left his vaguely mischievous attitude behind, becoming serious again. "I certainly do hope that you are not questioning my authority or mercy, little demon. It's true that not many people know about me.. and that is really, really sad... but I'm fairly certain that I would be an amazing supreme deity.." And that moment of seriousness quickly disappeared as the boy giggled.

He snapped his fingers again.. and two things happened at the same time. A large circular area against them was surrounded by a wall of shadow that quickly expanded into a full dome, covering them, and blocking the crimson light of the sky, and an invisible force pressed against both Az and Nysa, forcing them to kneel on the ground, in front of him. The boy sighed, and hellfire, similar to that used by Az earlier, started to burn around his left hand and arm, the flame bringing some light to the darkness inside the dome. "I offered you a simple deal.. and I really don't like it when people reject my kindness.. that little broken knight there is close to dying.. and I'm fairly certain that you don't want to be here when Achlysa will come to claim his soul.. right, Az'goxaak? Even if you two being reunited after so long would be a touching moment.. I'm not sure how she would react to the whole part where you left the Eight Hells only to hide in the mortal world. And your little fight from earlier would be in vain if the little knight would die, right? So it's a win-win situation."

"You two ask me to save him, I save him, and I'll also help you survive through this night. Isn't that a great deal? Now come on.. do it."
Nothing he was saying made sense to her. It was too confusing, she didn't understand what was going on--but then a big dark thing appeared, and pushed at her, and she couldn't move, her body forced into a position that she couldn't leave no matter how hard she tried. It felt like being chained up again, unable to get away no matter how much she pulled at the shackles binding her in place, forced to stay and let them hurt her. Was the weird boy going to hurt her, too? Was he? Illari and Az promised she was safe, but she was scared. She was really scared.

"N-No," she whimpered, trembling. "No. Bad. Scared. No hurt. No hurt. Safe. No... No hurt..."
Tracian Empire wrote:Fallen Achisia
The city of Kydara

Pride simply hugged her again. "You do not have to give your life away for me..my world would be empty and dark without you. I don't know what I would do if you were gone..", he whispered, so that only she would be able to hear him. "I'm sorry.. I'm sorry that I had to act like that for so long....but every time I look at you I can't help but feel horribly guilty.. and it hurts, it hurts so much.. it's all a maelstrom of pain and guilt.. I remember things only to forget them the next day and to remember then again the day after..and always and always, I can feel that fear grasping my heart.. the fear that I could lose you again.. that I could you lose you forever, without me being able to do anything to help you..but I will save you. I will save you one day, and we will be able to escape from all of this.. I promise. No matter what, I promise. You'll never have to be alone and afraid again..and one day.. one day you won't have to do all of these terrible things anymore.. even if you don't understand it right now, even if you don't understand anything right now.. you just have to trust me. Can you do that? Can you trust me, no matter what?"

The white haired boy then kissed her again, but much more gently this time, as if she was a porcelain doll that he was afraid to break. And after their kiss ended, he remained close to her, his empty silver eyes right in front of her false green eyes. "Can you?"
The things he was saying... They were... they were confusing. Did he mean any of them? Was he just manipulating her? She wanted him to mean them. She wanted it so, so much--but she just didn't know if she could believe it. He would... be sad without her? He didn't know what he would do... if she was gone... He didn't want her life...

He was in pain, because of her? She was hurting him, with her very existence... but if that was true, then why didn't he want her dead? If he was in pain because she was there, then why didn't he want her gone?

She wished she could remember things, even for a little bit. She didn't know who she was, she had no concept of any sort of past since she'd woken up with raw, empty eye sockets and no heartbeat. But he remembered. He knew things... about them? About her? He was afraid to lose her 'again'...

He promised... to save her. That no matter what, one day he would save her and they would escape. That she wouldn't be alone and afraid. That she wouldn't have to do terrible things. What terrible things? She couldn't remember doing anything like that. She was so, so confused. But she did know, she knew she didn't want to be alone. She wanted to be with him. She wanted him to keep holding her like this. She wanted him so much and she didn't even know why, but he asked her to trust him, even if she didn't understand... and he kissed her, again, so gentle, so careful, and if she had been capable of producing tears she would have wept.

"I... I do trust you," she whispered, her voice confused and faltering. "I don't know why. I don't remember why--I don't remember why I feel the things I feel--but from the moment I saw you, I knew that I would die if you asked me to, that I'd do anything--and I have no idea why. I didn't know you. And if I did, I've forgotten. Why would I care so much about someone I didn't even know? Why do I have to have these feelings if I can't understand them? I don't... I really don't understand anything, but I know I trust you. Even though I don't know why, I trust you. I always have. I just--I can't imagine you doing anything to make me regret that--even for a second--Why do I have to feel this way? I don't know these feelings, I don't like them! I want them to stop! If I can't fulfill them, if I can't even understand them, then I want them to stop! If magic can--if magic can be used for anything, then I want to find a magic that will make them stop! Shouldn't there be a magic that can make me happy? If it can't do that, then why does it exist? If there's nothing in the world that can make these feelings go away, that can make me happy, then--if there's no way to be happy, then there's no point in waking up--so I want to sleep--I want to sleep, I want to sleep, just let me sleep, please, so I can at least dream... that I can be happy..."

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:04 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
The border between the Kingdom of Duivene and the Fallen Achisia

A small group of knights was guarding the desolate and abandoned road that had once connected the proud and rich cities of the Eternal Flame and Serpent to the realm of Duivene. During this accursed night, the forces of the Light were already overstretched and weakened all over the human realms.. having to guard every city and town from the darkness that was going to spread everywhere... Back in Duivene, the Seneschal had refused to send any rights to defend this border, refusing to believe the rumors about what the Cult of Sins was trying to do in Achisia.. so the only line of defense between the horrors of a corrupted realm and the people of Duivene were Princess Alexis, her retinue, and some volunteer knights..

All of them, the hundred or so knights there were able to feel it.. the corrupting influence of the sins spreading.. as the last rays of the sun were dying. It made them feel sick, and weak, and the knights were desperately trying to keep their horses calm..

In the front of the group, a certain blonde haired girl was riding her white unicorn, desperately trying not to fall asleep - with an older knight riding next to her. Despite her best attempts, Alexis was dozing off from time to time, opening her eyes just in time. It was mana exhaustion, clear and simple.. and many had asked her to remain in Chovers.. some of her knights had even fallen on their knees to beg her to remain where it was safe.. but she couldn't. She was beloved by the people, and idolized for her heroic acts.. but her stubbornness was sometimes just as big as her bravery. She couldn't and she wouldn't abandon her people when they needed her help.. and more than that.. if what she had heard was true.. she had to be here.. she had to be here tonight.

"Hey, Eric..", the amethyst eyed girl asked, her voice weak, "What.. would you do... if you would have to fight...against someone that you cared about.. someone that you had promised.. to protect? What would you do.. if you would have no choice.. but to fight against someone like that?" The princess hesitated. "What would you do.. if that person.. that you had promised to protect.. would have a.. legitimate reason to.. hate you? But still.. you'd have to fight against that person.. no matter what?"

Eric de Villegagnon

Ironically enough, Eric saw himself in the place he escaped from: fighting, even if indirectly, for Duivene. Once more he rode under the banner of the Royaume and alongside the Knights and their armed unicorns, a scene that was familiar to a veteran of the battles the Kingdom fought. However, he wasn't familiar to a figure like Alexis. Needless to say, he developed a certain disgust for authority figures along his life, but Alexis seemed to be a different kind.

"First of all Princess, if I was in your physical condition, I wouldn't fight. I would be resting. Calmly, in my bed, allowing my body and my mind to get ready for battle again. I am not your counselor, but... I find it very odd that the leader of the Kingdom, this Seneschal I hear so much of, allowed a member of the Royal family to come to a border where she might end up dead, this is uncommon. Or at the very least the act of someone that is desperate to give the people the impression he has everything under control, but I am not your political specialist.

Answering your question... Well, sometimes this option of not fighting doesn't exist. You want it to exist, you desperately try to see it, but it doesn't exist. If you stand down, you are going to end up dead, executed, or worse. So if you promised to protect someone and this person now hates you, which often leads to attempted and sometimes successful murder... You defend yourself. You fight. And as a last measure, if that person is lost, you kill the person as the sad end of your promise to protect her, yourself and the things you stand for.

Empty your mind of these worries. This is a battle and if your head isn't steady, your hand won't be steady too. Every fight is hellish under the Bloody Moons, but we can survive this one. Even if you are nearly sleeping."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:27 am

Tracian Empire wrote:A forest
Northern Wyzkia
A day before the Night of the Bloody Moons

Rafal flinched in pain as the boy touched him, trying the cloth around the knife. The bleeding was stopping.. but it was obvious that it wasn't just the knife wound that was threatening his life.. with the normal light of the moons above them, Wulf could see that under the squire's woefully pale skin, his veins were slowly but surely turning black, the darkness spreading around his body from the wound. The knife's blade had been poisoned, that much was obvious..and the green eyed boy was shivering as if he was cold, desperately trying to remain awake, his eyes hazy and unfocused, cold sweat covering his face. "Yes.. he is.. he is dead..", the older boy managed to answer in a strained voice that was nothing more than a whisper now. "It's not.. your.. fault..", he tried to continue, but his shallow breathing and his weakness turned every word that he was trying to say into a true torment. "Assassin.. tried.. to.. stop her.. couldn't.." And Rafal closed his eyes, and his breath became heavier and heavier. "Pink... hair?.. Alina.. Alina.. she.. here..I don't.. know...."

And then, Wulf was able to hear a sigh right next to him.. but that wasn't Rafal. Suddenly, another boy had appeared next to him..a boy around his age, a boy that Wulf knew too well. Black, ragged clothes, a white deer's skull over his head, black eyes.. the one that the mage who had abandoned them had called the Outcast. But this time.. the little god didn't seem to be smirking. It was difficult to say, with his empty dark eyes, and the mask.. but he seemed to be.. worried?

"His life is flickering.. what a shame. That's a strong, cursed poison on that knife's blade.. his already weakened body can't do much about it. It will kill him, and then the spell that is encrusted on the blade will bring him back to life as an undead..hmm.. I wonder how far away you could get before he'll kill you, little boy. Even if you get on your horse right now.. it might be too late.." And for a moment there, the deity chuckled, switching from the vaguely worried tone in his voice to his normal behavior. "Say.. do you want me to save him? It would be kinda boring for him to die like this, I'll admit.. that none of my gifts are ever free. What are you willing to do in exchange for his survival, little boy? He would have willingly given his life away for you, as the good little knight that he was.. so what will you do?"

As Wulf sat with Rafal, attempting to cover his bleeding wound, he flinched back in fear at the sight of the black beginning to infect his veins...his eyes filled with tears as he held his small hands in suspense, watching the older boy suffer and squirm in front of him, without the knowledge and the equipment to help him...and as he explained that the Duke was dead, that it wasn't his fault, that he had tried to stop the assassin but couldn't...he close his eyes, speaking that he was unsure of where Alina was, and his lip quivered as he sat. Finally...fat tears spilled onto his cheeks as he squeezed his eyes shut. "I...I'm sorry!" He cried, "I wish I could help you more...I wish I knew how to heal you...I...I want to help you--but I--I can't!" He sobbed, the hot tears spilling down his cheeks, quickly dripping off his round, childish jawline. "Maybe if it wasn't for me, if I hadn't interrupted you guys, if I had minded my own business you wouldn't even be in this situation...if I had just kept walking, if I had let you be, you'd--you'd probably be okay, and Alina would be here, and everything would be fine...so...I'm--I'm sorry..! And now you might die because of me..."

And then, a sigh, and Wulf turned his wet eyes to see the skull boy from before...with the black eyes. He felt a shiver run down his back as he sniffled, the tears still escaping. He was worried. Why was he worried? Didn't he like things like this? He explained that Rafal's life was flickering, that the blade was poisoned, that he would become an undead because of it...and would probably end up killing Wulf, too. He chuckled, but Wulf felt more scared than amused. He asked if he wanted Outcast to save him, that his gifts were never free, asking what he would be willing to do for Rafal's survival, that he would've given his life for the boy...and it was true. He couldn't deny it. Rafal had done nothing but show kindness to him, as had Alina. They were more worthy of life and happiness and freedom than he was...especially if this was his fault. Jakob gave a huff of displeasure.

Wulf took deep consideration for a moment, looking to the bloody dirt, to Jakob, to Rafal. He looked so sick, so weak...it...wasn't fair. He didn't deserve this. "Whatever you want..." He replied softly, sniffling again and rubbing his nose as more tears continued to leak from his eyes. "I would do anything to save him...he would've done that for me..." He turned his soft, brown eyes to Outcast then, willingly showing his state of vulnerability, albeit a bit scared...not that one could really blame him. "What...will it take to save him..?"
Tracian Empire wrote:Somewhere in Achisia
A field of death

As Julie started to speak, the blonde haired prince and hero slowly turned around to look at her, with the same calm expression and gentle smile on his face. Ekaitz, now more than ever, seemed to be very embodiment of the heroes from the legends, as if one of the brave and mighty evil-slaying knights from the Age of Abhorrence and the Age of Cleansing had descended upon the world once again. His aura was glowing around him in this night of darkness and corrupting influence like a torch or a beacon, and his kind smile seemed to be able to calm down even the most horrified of people. He was already famous for it - the Prince of Xerena was one of those men who seemed to have been born to rule and to fight, one of those who were able to take over a horde of panicked and deserting soldiers and to turn them into an unbreakable wall of shields and spears. Julie could sense it all too well - disagreeing with him seemed to be a horrible and heinous crime, and the idea that your words or actions could upset this warm-hearted prince would have been a terrifying one for everyone around him. He was one of those people who could just change the minds of the people that he led effortlessly, he was one of those people for which thousands of others would have been ready to die at a sign or a word. He was one of the Seven Heroes, one of those who slayed the corrupted Mage-Emperor, who saved all of the human realms, all of the world even. The knight, hero, and prince, that everyone loved and expected, that everyone wanted to follow.

"You want to save him?", the green eyed prince asked softly. "It's truly heartwarming to see you so dedicated to your position and to your Virtue..you truly are a great Archbishop of Benevolentia, Julie. This world truly needs more kindness these days..and every time when I see someone with such a kind heart as yours I'm reminded that our efforts during the Great War were not in vain.. it was for people like you and for the hope of a better world that we all fought." Ekaitz remained quiet for a moment, with a smile that would have probably been more than able to melt the hearts of all the princess across the human nations. "I'm sure that Benevolentia would be proud of you.. but I can feel this evildoer's aura from here.. dark, corrupted. The smell of scorched fire and settling ashes.. he is long lost, and he is not worthy of your kindness. If we truly want to remove evil from this world, and if we want to save the people from his undead army, we have to send him to his final judgement. We can not waste time trying to save what can no longer be saved, instead, we have to start by cutting off the roots of evil, as sad and heartbreaking that might be."

Ekaitz smiled sadly. "So let me carry this burden, Julie. I shall take care of this, and the death of their dark master will end the undead army too. Thousands of lives will be saved...and then, we shall fight and protect those who need it until the break of dawn." Turning around, the hero wasted no time looking at Celio who was trying to stand up yet again. Bolt after bolt of lighting, Ekaitz mercilessly attacked the dark haired boy, and Celio's screams of pain pierced through the night around them..

As Ekaitz turned to look at her again, her heart jumped slightly...his calm expression, his smile, it almost made her reconsider her words--almost. He was collected enough, calm enough, kind enough that it didn't surprise her why everyone fell to his feet, why so many idolized him, why she herself often found herself looking up to him. But...she couldn't let herself sway to this. She was too close to saving Celio, too close to finally bringing him solace, too close to finishing her own mission. She couldn't let him win this one. He asked if she wanted to save him, rhetorically, with a voice soft enough to sway even the hardiest of men. He spoke that it was heartwarming to be dedicated to her Virtue, that she was a great Archbishop of Benevolentia, that the world needs more kindness..that someone with a heart as hers reminded him that the Great War wasn't in vain, that they fought for people like you and a hope for a better world. He gave her one of his charismatic smiles, one that could make any woman swoon at the sight of it...but Julie could resist it, thanks to the knot in her stomach, knowing where this conversation was leading.

He explained that he was sure Benevolentia would be proud, but he could feel Celio's corrupted aura, that he was too lost, that he didn't deserve her kindness...her heart sank. Why did everyone believe that she was wrong? That what she believed was a lost cause? Was it really such a feat to save someone of Sin? He continued, explaining that if they wanted to remove evil from this world, to save others from the undead army, they would have to send him to...final judgement. That they couldn't waste more time saving what was too long gone, that they had to cut off the roots of evil, no matter how sad...and his words only...frustrated her. He gave her a sad smile, but she was no longer convinced. She would have to take care of this once more herself. He asked to carry this burden for her, that the death of Celio would end the army, that thousands would be saved, that they would then fight to save others until dawn...and then, she watched him attack him.

She was angry. She had come too far for it to end like this. "No!" She screamed, a magic circle igniting underneath her feet as she threw her arm forward, a giant wall of light arcing for the sky around Celio, protecting him from Ekaitz attacks. It was costly, inefficient, nothing like her usual magic style...but she had to do something to protect him. She had to stall Ekaitz. She had to convince him that what she was doing was right... "Stop that, this isn't right!" She yelled to him, determined, angry. "This is not the right way...I know I can save him! I've seen it, many occasions before now, and even only a few moments ago. He's confused, he doesn't understand...I've seen it! He isn't evil...he's just scared!" She explained, desperation seeping into her tone. "If you believe in what I do, if you truly believe that I am kind, that you hope for better in the world, you have to let me save him! You cannot claim you want a better world if you plan to kill many in your wake to get there..." She kept her eyes locked on the prince, knowing the wall was beginning to crumble. This couldn't last long, not on this night. She feared she would have to fight the Hero to save Celio...but if she had to, she knew she would. If she let Ekaitz get to him...there would be no second chances. "He is more than worthy of my mercy, of our mercy. We can save him, we can save everyone, without death...you just...have to give me the chance...to show you..."

She looked back to Celio, the worry clear on her face before she turned to Ekaitz again, this time placing her hand on his forearm, a physical sign to urge him to stop. "Please...everyone doubts me, everyone thinks I'll fail...but I know...I have seen the human side of him, I have seen his mercy...his kindness, his humanity...he's still salvageable, he's not lost like the others...he's just doing what he has to so he can survive..." She continued to look at him with urgency, desperation, hoping that...maybe, for once, she could convince someone to believe in her. "He doesn't want to hurt anyone...he thinks he's helping them...he thinks he's doing a good thing...we have to show him the right way, for Benevolentia...for the Light, for the Gods, for everyone...we have to show them that not everyone that's evil is lost..." She paused, letting her words sink in...hopefully. "...please, just...let me show you..."
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:12 am

Pynus of the Wind and Nym
Raguneo, The Most Serene Republics of Calaria

"Oh, hey." Pynus said and waved to the human girl who she had not expected to see here. Pynus also noted the look that Lucia gave Marina, and smirked to herself. "If we survive this night. Seriously though, I just wanted to drink all night, and celebrate the sum of wealth that I have recently acquired. But of course, I can't just celebrate you know. Something has to happen, a fight or whatever. But this, this is new. Anyways, if we survive, I wouldn't mind rewarding myself with you... though some actual monetary reward would be nice too."

She took a moment to glance at Lucia and smirk, as if trying to get a reaction from her, before turning her attention back to Marina, "Though, are you sure the Archbishop of Chasity would allow it?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:34 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

"Oh, hey." Pynus said and waved to the human girl who she had not expected to see here. Pynus also noted the look that Lucia gave Marina, and smirked to herself. "If we survive this night. Seriously though, I just wanted to drink all night, and celebrate the sum of wealth that I have recently acquired. But of course, I can't just celebrate you know. Something has to happen, a fight or whatever. But this, this is new. Anyways, if we survive, I wouldn't mind rewarding myself with you... though some actual monetary reward would be nice too."

She took a moment to glance at Lucia and smirk, as if trying to get a reaction from her, before turning her attention back to Marina, "Though, are you sure the Archbishop of Chasity would allow it?"
Lucia merely glanced away, as if trying to hide the disgust in her eyes.

"Don't mind her," Marina whispered. "She's just like that. She won't actually stop us... though we might get lectured for a bit... I get the feeling she knows there wouldn't be a point, though." She rolled her eyes, and grinned. "Sounds good to me, though. A few drinks wouldn't be out of the question, too, I do recall you saying I should buy you a drink first... Which sounds just fine to me. Of course, you're right, that's an 'if'... though I'm not sure if I can actually die... I think I did already so I don't know how that'd work. Not that I'm complaining, mind. But if you're up for it, then I'd call that motivation for me to win." She glanced the elf up and down, and her smile grew wider. "Yep, I'm definitely motivated."

That's if I can focus, haha.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:49 am

The Forgotten Prince, Az'goxaak
Somewhere, Not Standing for A Deities Shit

"You misunderstand..." Az began, seemingly unfazed by the deity using its power upon him, and as such not really fighting it. "I am not questioning your authority. Mercy on the other hand? I'm questioning whether you are lying about being merciful or not, after all, even deities are capable of lying. Despite the presence you exude, you don't seem to be either Achlysa, Zyraxes, Inanis, Taenarius, Gurgia, Scelus, Praelio or Odium, nor are you Aurora. So, that means you are either one of the other seven deities of the Sixteen, or you are a deity which has existed separate of the Sixteen, the later being the most likely due to what I have witnessed. I could also be wrong. But if I am not, then without knowing you, how can I know you are merciful? Do I just take your word for it? No. Not to mean any offence, but I can't help but be ever so mistrusting of a deity who randomly appears..."

"Which brings me to my next point." He said not pausing, "You come offering to save Illari. Without me knowing who you are, how could I know that your saving doesn't just mean killing him? I couldn't. Now though, since you have made your interest in Illari clear, I know that by saving you really do mean healing him, or just preventing his death. Which then brings me to repeat myself, I have no right to decide if Illari lives or dies. After all, I am not Illari am I? So, why waste your time demanding that I ask for your help? Why not ask Illari if he wants to live or die?"

"Don't bother answering that, I have an idea of why already." Az said with a smirk, "Do you know why I came to live here in the mortal world? Because I got tired of the politics of deities. Which would often be arguments over the most insignificant of things that would lead to deities raising their armies of Angels and Demons to duke it out, along with other things that I've just had enough of for more than one eternity. But I digress. Why would you offer to aid us and save Illari? Why would you state that his death would be to boring? I believe that Illari here is one of your favourite mortals to, as you would probably put it, play with. In that case, if you just let him die, then your favourite toy would be no longer available, and I think you don't want that to happen, as evident by that little statement you made, 'someone as insane as this knight could be interesting to watch in the future', wasn't it? So, you want to save Illari, so you can play with him more and be entertained by what you consider his insanity."

"But then why would you demand that Nysa and I ask for your help?" He continued, looking to Nysa breifly before looking back at the deity again, "Because you want someone to pray to you. Some one to need you. You want followers, worshippers to be exact. Again, evident by your own statements, such as when you stated, 'not many people know about me and that is really, really sad'. So, you want to save Illari, and you want to people to need you, so of course the most logical thing to do is state that you won't help Illari unless we ask you, thinking that we wouldn't be clever enough to see through such a plan. As I said, I got tired of the politics of deities."

"Of course, that is only one possibilty, after all, I do not have the mind of a deity..." Az said and smirked, "I am just a very clever former Prince of Hell that managed to fake his own death so that even no deity knew I was still alive. But thats besides the point. I have rambled on for long enough, but I have a few more things to say. One, I am not afraid of Achlysa, I know that one day I'll have to face her, and I am ready for anything that may happen. Two, leave Nysa out of this. Not only are you scaring her, which doesn't help you trying to come across as kind and merciful, but she doesn't understand the current situation. So, leave her out of this. Three, even if I did have the right to decide if Illari lives or dies, who would I be asking to help? I know it would be you, but what would be the name of the deity that would be Illari's saviour, so I can spread the word of such a great deity? And finally, I am not rejecting your kindness, I'm merely suggesting you direct such kindness towards the mortal who needs it most here. Ask Illari if he wants to live or die. Simple as that."

"Oh, one more thing..." Az said and then sighed, "Swinging around that big dick energy, also known as authority, is not a good way to get people to like you. And if they don't like you, they won't give you any time of day."

The Bestial Butcher, Auryon Rakhasa
The Slaughter of Perigny, Kingdom of Duivene

The screams where starting to die down, as more and more citizens of Perigny were slaughtered. Doors to houses were broken down with ease as Wendigos forced there way into the homes of their prey. The Wendigos slaughtered women and children along with men, eating many of them alive and eating them while the family of their victims watched. All their victims could do was pray and hope for someone to save them. Fortunately, there was possible salvation approaching the city. When the group of Knights of the Kingdom of Duivene.

Those who were not feasting where the first to see them coming, and the alarm was raised. Upon hearing this alarm, Auryon lifted her head from the chest cavity of a young boy, who was among the bravest mortals she had ever seen. When she broke into the house, this boy didn't hide in a corner like she expected. Instead, this brave boy took up a knife and put himself between Auryon, and his family. That family being his two sisters, another two boys and his mother. The poor boy demanded Auryon to leave them alone. His bravery caused Auryon to stop for a moment before driving her claws into the boys chest. Sure he was brave, but he made demands of her. Also, she didn't have the time to slowly break the boy, and brave flesh was often very delicious.

With the sound of the alarm however, her meal was interrupted. She growled slightly and looked to the remaining prey in the house. She wanted to play with them a little, but that would have to wait. So, she spat on them all, marking them with her scent, marking them as her prey before bringing parts of the roof of the house down around them, trapping them. She couldn't let any other Wendigo have them, nor let them escape after all. With her prey and playthings trapped, she left to where the alarm was sounded from, summoning all the other Wendigos as well as Auryon's dark force stepped out of the city, to meet the Knights in battle.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:00 pm

So this is how it will end.... Arthur thought, as he saw the insignia of Achisia flying overhead and with catapults being destroyed around him. A flood of memories came into his mind, of days without light, never ending darkness and the smell of metal intertwined with blood in the air. But it wasn't the past he was experiencing, no it was the army of Achisians breaking down the walls of the fortress and wicked mages assaulting its defenders.

As the Achisians advanced, many of the troops began to flee the walls further into the fort as the sheer size of the army compared to the fort's defenders planted fear into the heart of any man. Arthur saw even the knights of his Scripture losing their conviction, obviously greatly weakened by the Night's powers. He had to do something. Running to the walls and unsheathing his holy sword, Arthur shouted:

Return to your posts, men of Velikiya and Calaria! The won't have this fort yet!, and almost all of the previously fleeing men followed him back.

As he reached the walls, he immediately sensed the great dark power of a lone mage in the sea of darkness as she shot arrows of darkness at the defenders killing almost 10 in the matter of a minute. Calling his Scripture knights together, he needed to eliminate the mage's attack or else the fortresses' defenders would flee again and be killed in droves.

My brothers, combine your spells and direct them toward that heretic.. With this, the 9 remaining knights conjured spears of holy fire and fired them at the mage. However this was not their main attack, as they all combined their powers together to create a large ball of holy fire, which they hurled at the mage....

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:39 am

Somewhere
Meeting a god?

The little deity sighed, clearly disappointed. "You really are no fun..you're acting like an old and bitter and arrogant old man, you know?", he told the demon prince, acting as if Az had just ruined the moment. "If you've always acted like this then there is no wonder that no one missed you after you left the Eight Hells..you're just so lame.." The black haired boy sighed again, playing around with the hellfire, molding it in all sorts of forms around his left arm as if it was nothing. "You're also pretty ill-mannered, for a demon prince who should be used to serving and respecting deities. Deities can indeed lie, but it's not nice for you to assume that..especially when I'm here trying to help you and your friends.." The boy once again seemed to smirk behind his mask of bone. "But then again.. for a runaway demon prince who has been hiding in the mortal world for quite a while I assume that it would be logical for you to mistrust anything divine..but rest assured, I am not one of them.. the Sixteen, or however you call them. But you're far too paranoid.."

The boy chuckled. "By saving him I literally mean healing him - no strings attached. And of course that you're not Illari - but it seems that you don't have any feelings either. That's not a surprise really - but I was thinking that maybe all the time that you've spent in the mortal world could have made you care for mortal lives more. I sure do have an interest in him - but only because he could be entertaining to watch.. and broken toys are no fun, right? But if a toy is broken beyond repair, then I can just find a new one.. that's why the mortal world is so great..I haven't had any demons as toys in a long while though.." And then the god sighed again, once again changing his mood in just a few moments. "You're lucky that you're talking with me though, little demon.. other deities would find being analyzed like that to be.. mildly insulting? Yeah, it would certainly be fun to have worshipers and followers, and any deity would find it extremely satisfying for people to direct their prayers towards them.. and I would deserve at least some recognition after everything that I've been doing in this mortal world.. but fate can be really weird sometimes.. "

"But I don't need them. I mean, look at me - I don't have any followers and yet I'm still around, while other deities desperately cling to their worshipers in order to keep their power and relevance... I wanted you two to ask me to help the little knight because I find people begging me to do things to be extremely entertaining.. but you just had to ruin my fun, I guess, you little clever demon. You almost made me want to leave abandon you three here.. but no matter what you'd say, I am not truly heartless. And as interest as seeing you meeting with Achlysa again would be, she would just ruin everything.." And the boy smiled -even if his eyes remained as horrifyingly hollow as always. "This Nysa seems to be a very interesting toy.. an angel and not an angel at the same time.. but alright, alright, I'll leave her out of this. But I can't exactly ask Illari either - I'm fairly certain that talking with punctured lungs isn't a nice experience.. so I'll just help him..maybe."

As soon as the deity stopped speaking, Illari, who had been lying motionless on the ground behind them for all of this time, suddenly started breathing again, opening his eyes, but still too weak and shocked to stand back up or to realize what was happening around him.

"As for what my name is..", the god tried to say.. then remaining silent for a few good moments, hesitating. "That's a really good question, isn't it?" And then he giggled. "But hey, swinging around your divine authority used to be a great way to get people to like you. Especially during that time of abhorrence.. how far the world has fallen. No respect for the gods, no fear..back then the Gods had to swing their authority around in order to keep their followers in line.. but you were just hidden in your little place, so what do you know? "

And the deity sighed. "But now, let's focus on other things, shall we? You three are stuck in the Night of the Bloody Moons, and as entertaining as this night can be.. I doubt that you'll be able to reach the break of dawn alive. That little angel-but-not-angel-girl there is glowing brighter than hellfire - she will attract all the beasts and monsters and everything around her. That little knight is weakened, his holy powers are basically useless through the night.. so he will fight and fight and eventually die, and then she will die too.. or worse. What will you do, little demon prince? Will you fight to protect them, knowing all too well that your demonic powers, strengthened by this night, won't be kept inside by this Loroi body of yours forever? Knowing that if you lose control over them, your presence in this mortal world will burn, your powers getting out of control? And on the other hand, if you hold back, you might be unable to control them.. what a nice situation, isn't it?" The boy smirked. "So what will you, you insolent demon? Depending on your answer, I might just give you three something that can help you survive through this night~!"

Fallen Achisia
Fort Peremoha
Under the control of the Council of the Six Realms
Guarded by the Council's forces from the Imperial Velikiyan Army and the Grand Army of the Most Serene Republics of Calaria

The spears of holy fire crashed into the female Achisian mage with a mighty explosion, followed by that sphere that blew up with such a force that many of the simple Achisian forces around her where thrown onto the ground by the shock. Dark smoke filled the air, surrounding the area where she had been and stopping the defenders from seeing what happened to her.. and believing that she had been killed, the Achisian troops faltered, their advance slowly stopping...and the entire battle seemed to crawl to a standstill for a few good moments.. until a woman's laugh was heard from inside of the clouds of smoke, and at once, with the help of a magical gush of wind, they dissipated, revealing the witch. Her clothes were burnt in some places, dirty wish ash and smoke, but besides from some bruises.. she seemed to be alright, which filled the hearts of the Achisian rebels with confidence as they resumed their assault, the black-golden banner moving forward with shouts of "Achisia! For the Serpent and the Flame!"

The witch meanwhile, smirked, looking with her black eyes at the fort itself.. and as she started to speak, all of the defenders were able to hear her at once, as if she was right next to them - another fancy trick of magic. "If you think that this is enough to take me down, you puny little slaves of the light, then you are mistaken. It will take more than just some fire to kill me, especially during this blessed and unholy night.. your spells of light and fire are faltering, while our darkness and shadows are growing stronger by the minute, under this crimson and cursed sky. This day will end with your defeat and with the death of all those who dared to oppose our Mage-Emperor. Even if he is no longer with us, we, his sons and daughters, shall follow his final orders and accomplish his great plan - and with that, we will also avenge his unjust death. Tonight, your little fort of victory will burn in the flames of defeat, and the traitorous city that you are trying to protect will be turned to ashes soaked in blood.."

And the witch giggled. "However, you have fought bravely. If one of you has the courage to fight against me in a duel.. then maybe my men will allow you to surrender and to run away. If you refuse this offer of mine, or if your selected champion loses.. then you shall all be killed without mercy and your dead bodies and souls shall be brought back into this world by our prince of darkness. What do you say, you weak slaves of the light?"

Alexis smiled sadly. "I should be resting, I know.. but I can not stand idle when my people and my realm are threatened by the forces of evil.. and especially not during this night. I couldn't just sleep while so many others will need my help.. it would be selfish for me to ignore their pleas for help.. if the Gods have granted me these powers, then I have to use them, for..the good of everyone.", she tried to explain, before she sighed. "Yes, the Seneschal doesn't like me too much, and protecting the villages and cities on the borders doesn't seem to be one of his policies.. but I am not that important. My younger brother and his line will have the royal throne, and I took an oath not to get married before I joined the Scriptures..all that is left for me is to use my life to serve the nation and its people." And then, the amethyst eyed girl remained quiet for a few more moments, nearly dozing off again. "The world is just so cruel.."

But the princess never had time to explain what she wanted to say - as the silence was suddenly broken by the unmistakeble sound of arrows moving through the air, and and wave of black arrows, like a cloud of death, covered the sky above them - and despite her exhaustion, Alexis was the first to react. She raised her left hand in the air, and a dome of pure, golden light appeared around the group of knights, shielding them. Hundreds and hundreds of those arrows were all blocked, wave after wave, and when they stopped - cracks had appeared in the dome, and blood was trickling from the princess' mouth. Alexis was breathing shallowly, seemingly on the verge of collapsing - but she wasted no time as her knights and mages finally recovered from the shock - trying to help their princess. "There is no time..", she stopped them. "We're surrounded, we have to escape.. follow me, my knights!"

Brushing her weakness aside, Alexis unrolled the flag around her lance. "My flag, defend our brethren! Shine, eternal light!", she shouted, and sure enough, her banner started to glow in a golden light. The feelings of weakness and nausea that the knights had because of the Night started to dissipate, and the flag seemed to keep the fear away, filling them with bravery..and the group of riders rushed forward, trying to escape from the ambush.. only to find their way blocked by a horde of undead soldiers of Duivene that suddenly appeared out of nothing, as the spell keeping them hidden was broken. They could now see thousands of undead.. some were skeletons from the Great War, while others were a lot more fresh.. victims of the mysterious raids and attacks of the last weeks. A charging group of heavily armored knights could of course not change their direction at will, so their formation broke through the first few enemy lines before their momentum was lost. Some of the horses were killed by the undead, and so many of the knights dismounted, forming simple circle or square formations in order to better fight against the overwhelming enemy..

Alexis tried to shout a few orders.. only to feel weakness and nausea taking over her.. a dark aura of the like she hadn't seen in a very long time, and before she was able to react, a figure appeared in front of her - wearing a dark armor dress, with purple accents and marks where the emblems that had once decorated it had been scrapped off. She was gripping the handle of a dark purple lance in her right hand, one that seemed to have a dark banner rolled around the upper part of its shaft, in a similar way to how the princess' lance, and the similarly dark purple handle of a sword in her left hand - with a dark pink crystal as its pommel and with a clean, metallic, black blade. Her face and head were covered by a black, metallic helmet and its visor - but her long, pale blond hair was clearly visible. Alexis barely had the time to react as a slash of the sword barely missed her, deflected by her lance's shaft, so the blade instead pierced through her horse's armor as if it was paper, and the horse fell on the ground, so did Alexis, disappearing together with her banner in the mass of fighting bodies and men. The flags disappearance weakened the resolve of the knights, and the princess barely managed to stand back up in time. Again and again, the black sword clashed with her lance of silver, but Alexis was clearly losing - pushed back with each hit, her entire body shivering..

With the crimson skies above them.. the battle already seemed to be lost...

Somewhere in Achisia
A field of death

As Julie screamed, and as the wall of light appeared around the wounded Celio, Ekaitz slowly turned around to look at the brunette girl, clearly confused. He remained silent as as Julie started to speak, just listening to what she was saying. He hesitated, even as she placed her hand on his forearm, and a few good moments passed after the girl had stopped, nothing but silence around them, with the hordes of undead watching them with their empty sockets. Eventually, the blue eyed prince sighed, a sad smile on his face. "You really are too good for this world Juliette", he told her in a voice so sad that it would have broken the hearts of many. He wasn't angry, and he wasn't offended.. he just seemed to be.. disappointed. As if she had betrayed his trust...as if she was just a little child that couldn't understand what was happening around her. "The world we live in is unjust and cruel.. and I know all too well that you can't save everyone. Sometimes, you can't even save those close to you..it wasn't their fault, you know. The Traitors.. that they were corrupted..we tried to help them, we tried to save them from their fate.. but in the end, we had to realize that there was nothing we could do. Sometimes, you have to do cruel things for the greater good. The greater good is all that matters - killing someone is a horrible deed, but by killing that single life you can save countless more.. then that's what you should do. That's the sacrifice that a hero must often do. Had we not killed the Traitors back during that accursed battle.. the world would have been taken over by darkness, and the victory of that Mage-Emperor would have been so complete that his reign would have been eternal. It was cruel, it was terrible - we had to kill our own friends.. but we did it in the end, for the survival of the realms that we had sworn to protect."

The blonde haired boy was still smiling sadly, as two tears rolled down his cheeks. "You truly are a good person.. but I have to stop you from doing this mistake. You can't choose him over thousands of others, the many people that would die if he were to escape from here unharmed. You can not save him, Juliette, I can feel it in his aura, it's corrupted. He is a slave of Envy, and those are chains that can not be broken through kindness alone. He's not confused or scared, he was probably just deceiving you - he willingly had to give his soul away to Invidia. This is a night of darkness, and we have no time to left.. you can not save him, you certainly can not save him in time. And if saving those thousands and tens of thousands of innocent people who are threatened by his undead army and by his accursed magic means that I will have to soil my blade with his blood, if it means that I will take his life, to take a life in order to save many others.. then I will do it. It is a sacrifice that you have to be ready to make, if you truly want to help this world. Even if he has a human side, even if there could be some hope left for him - all of that was lost the moment he decided to raise this army of undead for this cursed night. To save all those that his servants would kill, to protect all of the cities and towns that this horde would ransack, to prevent all of the pain and the suffering, the darkness and the corruption.. I will kill him. So step aside, Juliette. This is no longer a decision that you can make..", he said, his voice colder then before, as he took a step back. He snapped his fingers, and a pair of golden handcuffs appeared around Julie's wrists. Ekaitz smiled kindly, before he turned around to face the black haired boy was still lying face-down on the ground. The first lighting bolt crushed the wall of light, and the second hit the boy - who started to scream again..

Fallen Achisia
The city of Kydara

"I know that it's confusing, and I know that you don't remember.. but thank you.. thank you for trusting me..I'm happy.. for that..", the silver eyed boy told her, hesitating for a moment before he gently placed his hand on her cheek. "I didn't remember everything at first either..and I couldn't understand.. why I loved you so much.. why seeing you as a slave of Acedia made me feel so bad. But then I started to remember things, only to forget them again.. and then I remembered other things.." Pride sighed. "Magic can't erase your feelings.. if those feelings were so strong that they remained even after you lost all of your memories.. there is nothing that magic can do.. and none of the spells that I know can make you sleep, none of the spells I know can make you dream.. but I can help you.. I can try to help as much as I possibly can, I can try to explain what you can't remember, I can try to make you understand those feelings.. but I don't know if I can.. I don't truly understand what I remember either, I don't fully understand my memories either.. but if I have feelings for you, and those feelings bring me pain and confusion, it doesn't matter to me.. because I still care about you.. and I still love you.. so that pain is nothing. And that makes me happy.. so maybe.. maybe one day, it will make you happy too.."

And tears started to roll down the blind boy's face. "We met each other.. years ago.. and we fought together. We fought during that horrible war, the most horrible war that this world has ever seen... you saved my life countless time, and I saved yours again and again..you were there for me when I had no hope left.. and I did my best to be there for you too. You died trying to protect me, and I died trying to protect you.. and this cruel fate made us meet again, in these new lives of ours." And Pride smiled. "I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you anything back then, when we met again for the first time.. and sorry, that I can't tell you more now.. but memories are a mess... sometimes, I don't even know who I am anymore.. but if there is one thing that I know for sure.. it's that I want to protect you. And one day.. one day I will break that curse of yours...words are cheap.. but I promise. I will break that curse, and I will free you from Acedia.. so that you can be happy.."
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:14 pm

The Forgotten Prince, Az'goxaak
Somewhere, Wishing this Deity would Just Shut Up

More about mortals than you'll ever know, that's what I know... Az thought to himself and smirked. He nearly had enough of this deity, even if the deity wasn't one of the 16. In fact the main problem he was having with this deity was how the deity viewed mortals and other beings lesser than him as toys. So, the longer the deity talked, the more that Az grew to dislike him.

"Are you done?" Az asked when the deity ceased its rambling, "First off, you misjudge me do to your... nature. Sure, I've ran away, and yes I am a little paranoid. But that paranoia has been what has kept me hidden for all these years. I am not apathetic however, I do have feelings but as I have stated multiple times now, I do not have the right to decide who lives or who dies. I know this because I care and respect mortal lives far more than you, who sees them as toys, would not understand."

He smirked again, "And while you say mortals have fallen due to the fact they won't be slaves to the whims of deities who care not for them, I happen to see that as growth. I would not say however that mortals lack respect or fear for deities... they respect those that deserve respect, and fear those that deserve to be feared simple as that."

He then sighed, "The more you speak, the more you prove yourself to be a deity unworthy of respect. However, tonight it appears you are a necessary evil. As much as you would probably love to hear, I am no fool. I also know that there is never anything free in this world, everything has strings attached. So, I will ask only this... what's the price of your aid?"

The Mountain Crusher, Yakr Rugma

They came out of no where, a small pack of undead Direwolves, charging through the forest towards the nearest living being. Unfortunately, the nearest living being was a total monster in a different meaning of the world. This being was far from home, and was forced to travel off the roads, away from the view of others, for he was Karaki-Giant Hybrid. This being was none other than Yakr Rugma, also known as the Mountain Crusher for his size and immense strength.

Yakr turned to face the Undead Direwolves as the first one lunged out at him. He blocked the undead Direwolf with his arm, allowing the undead monster to bite into his arm. He did not show any sign of pain, instead he used the arm that the Undead Direwolf was biting into it as a hammer, slamming it into another lunging Undead Direwolf, sending both of the Undead Direwolves into a near by tree. And so Yakr's battle began.

After a few minutes, Yakr stood over the broken bodies of the Undead Direwolves, bleeding slightly, and staring down the last Undead Direwolf. When the last Undead Direwolf lunged at him, he introduced the last Undead Direwolf to his fist, which made a downwards punch. When the fist made contact with the last Undead Direwolf's head, he knocked it to the ground. But before the Undead Direwolf could get up, Yakr's fist powered through the Undead Direwolf's head, into the ground. The last Undead Direwolf had fallen, its head now nothing more than a pubble of gore.

Poor Direwolves... Yakr thought to himself as he removed his fist from the ground, flicking his wrist to get as much of the gore off it as possible. This forest, doesn't feel safe... Yakr can be ambushed... Yakr will head for open space, no ambushing there...

And so, the green half giant began moving through the forest, until he heard it. The sound of battle. Normally he would avoid such conflicts, but with the way this night has gone, he couldn't help but take a peak through the branches at the battle. It was a group of humans against a much, much larger undead force. Maybe those Undead Direwolves were part of this force, maybe not. It didn't matter, as all Yakr could think about at the moment was that the humans would lose as they were at the moment.

All logic would have said to move along, but at this moment, Yakr didn't think with his head, but with his heart. Taking a step back, he spotted a rather large rock. Walking up to it, he grabbed it and then launched it out of the forest, into the undead army. As it flew through the air, he ripped a small tree from the ground and roared his loud, and rather monsterous war cry before rushing out of the forest, towards the undead force, with a small tree in hand.

Upon entering the battle, he swung the tree from his right towards his front, smashing it into many undead, and sending some of them into the sky. Once he got a portion of the undead forces attention, he threw the tree into the undead force, and continued his charge. Making it deeper into the undead force.

Pynus just smirked before pulling Marina in and locked lips with her for a moment before backing off, still smirking. "A little taste of what to expect..."

With that she winked and turned her attention to the enemy force that had now gathered and was approaching the city.

Let's do this Nym... Pynus thought to herself and smiled, I have a sweet, little maiden waiting for me...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Pynus just smirked before pulling Marina in and locked lips with her for a moment before backing off, still smirking. "A little taste of what to expect..."

With that she winked and turned her attention to the enemy force that had now gathered and was approaching the city.

Let's do this Nym... Pynus thought to herself and smiled, I have a sweet, little maiden waiting for me...
...Aw, heck yeah. There's no way I'm losing now. Not when I have something like that to motivate me! Marina grinned, and turned around herself, drawing out her ladle and glancing smugly over at Lucia, who just looked back with some disapproval.

"This is going to be fun," she whispered, and then the roaring in her ears grew louder, cold, invisible arms wrapped around her neck, and she heard a soft voice whispering, "Drown them all."

Oh, I will.
The city of Kydara

"I know that it's confusing, and I know that you don't remember.. but thank you.. thank you for trusting me..I'm happy.. for that..", the silver eyed boy told her, hesitating for a moment before he gently placed his hand on her cheek. "I didn't remember everything at first either..and I couldn't understand.. why I loved you so much.. why seeing you as a slave of Acedia made me feel so bad. But then I started to remember things, only to forget them again.. and then I remembered other things.." Pride sighed. "Magic can't erase your feelings.. if those feelings were so strong that they remained even after you lost all of your memories.. there is nothing that magic can do.. and none of the spells that I know can make you sleep, none of the spells I know can make you dream.. but I can help you.. I can try to help as much as I possibly can, I can try to explain what you can't remember, I can try to make you understand those feelings.. but I don't know if I can.. I don't truly understand what I remember either, I don't fully understand my memories either.. but if I have feelings for you, and those feelings bring me pain and confusion, it doesn't matter to me.. because I still care about you.. and I still love you.. so that pain is nothing. And that makes me happy.. so maybe.. maybe one day, it will make you happy too.."

And tears started to roll down the blind boy's face. "We met each other.. years ago.. and we fought together. We fought during that horrible war, the most horrible war that this world has ever seen... you saved my life countless time, and I saved yours again and again..you were there for me when I had no hope left.. and I did my best to be there for you too. You died trying to protect me, and I died trying to protect you.. and this cruel fate made us meet again, in these new lives of ours." And Pride smiled. "I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you anything back then, when we met again for the first time.. and sorry, that I can't tell you more now.. but memories are a mess... sometimes, I don't even know who I am anymore.. but if there is one thing that I know for sure.. it's that I want to protect you. And one day.. one day I will break that curse of yours...words are cheap.. but I promise. I will break that curse, and I will free you from Acedia.. so that you can be happy.."
...He said... that he was happy. That because of her, he was happy... because she trusted him... and his hand on her face, icy cold but gentle and caring... and he said... he said... no, she hadn't heard him right. She couldn't have. He didn't really say that he loved her... He didn't mean that... It wasn't possible... Right? She couldn't have something like that. Tristitia had said it over and over again. Those awful feelings that wouldn't go away no matter how much she tried--they would be there forever, and they would never stop tormenting her, never be returned or even forgotten. He was lying. He had to be lying. But he just--he didn't sound like he was lying--and she trusted him--so if he said that he cared, if he said he would explain things to her, that he would help her understand things, or try to--if he said that he loved her, even though it hurt and confused him, too--

She wanted to believe that. And she thought, she thought that she might, somewhere, beyond the whispers and cold despair. But it was so hard to feel anything past that...

They had known each other? Had they really? They'd fought together, in the war? When she thought about it, it sounded almost familiar--she could recall brief glimpses of things, of him, of others, in battle--at night, sitting next to her--and then--when he said they'd died trying to protect each other, she could almost--almost--

And it was so small and fast and she barely had time to realize what it was, but she could remember, just for a moment, pain--horrible pain, beyond anything she'd ever imagined before, splitting her skull and piercing her stomach, blood that she could feel but not see, and darkness and terror and wishing he was there, wishing she could find him, because it hurt so much and she was scared--

And then the fragment was gone, but she knew, she knew what it was. It was exactly as he'd said. He was telling the truth. He really meant it. He meant it when he said he loved her and wanted to protect her, and wanted to free her.

"I didn't think--I never thought you could love me," she whispered, shaking, clinging to him. "But I wanted you to. I didn't know why, but I wanted you to. I didn't think you ever would--I thought it was all some stupid dream--but you're telling the truth, aren't you? You're really telling the truth. I remembered, just for a moment I remembered, you were there with me--you were really there, and it was real, and even at the very end it hurt so much but all I could think about was you and I loved you so much--and if you really love me, then I don't care if I stay like this forever--I don't care--if I can be with you, then maybe it won't even matter, maybe I can be happy anyway... I just want to stay with you... I... I love you... I really do... I think I'm starting to understand why... why I always loved you... so please... don't ever make me let go of this..."

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:02 am

Upon hearing the bellowing challenge of the witch, Arthur immediately stepped forward to the edge of the wall, and removed his helmet. Looking down at the witch in disgust, he could tell she was much more powerful than he was this night and he would most likely die. It was then that he felt...fear. A primeval emotion, evoked in face of one's own demise yet Arthur's fear was failing the men under his command by losing the duel. "I....I must do this for them." Arthur said to himself as he attempted to regain his composure, and again faced the dark sorceress.

I will fight you, foul witch! Arthur yelled down to her, and he made his way to the gates where he joined her outside of the walls, the men of the fort looking on. Arthur approached within about 10 feet of the witch, and said This is for all of the souls you have taken on this night, and every night before it. I will cast you down like the rat you are witch!

Arthur then put his helmet back on and unsheathed Lightbringer, its blue flame contrasting with the blood red color of the sky. Arthur went on the offensive first, swinging the sword horizontally at the witch's torso.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:48 am

Calaria
Border Region
The war is obviously continuing

Another volley of flaming projectiles soared through the sky high above Konstanze's head as she made her way through the siege camp and towards the baggage train situated in the outskirts of the camp facing Anselm. She could already guess why the baggage train demanded for her. Supplying the army, buying and transporting food, clothes and other utilities which were needed to sustain an army such as this one and since it was her army they would come to her to ask for all these things. Demand that she pay for all of these things. God, how she hated having to spend all that wealth that first her father and then she had amassed over such a long time and with so much effort.

At her side were, as usual, her trusted servant Vivian Thorne as well as the servant her sister had sent her. This Etheltryth Todesglanz as she called herself. Honestly, she wasn't quite sure what to make of it. The woman didn't smell and sure as hell didn't move like you'd expect from an undead creature. It made Konstanze feel uneasy as she thought about the implications of her sister's capability to create undead like this. From her two half siblings, she trusted Lisbeth the least and that for obvious reasons. Lisbeth was a vampire afterall and such creatures couldn't be trusted by default. And if her sister was capable of creating powerful undead such as Etheltryth, then it meant that her power and skill were growing rapidly. Konstanze hoped that they wouldn't outgrow her ability to control Lisbeth.

When she reached the baggage train, an incredibly broad woman with arms the size of logs and a ladle in one of her hands was waiting for her. She smiled when Konstanze approached her and Konstanze smiled back, hiding her feelings about having to pay up for the army again.

"Ah, gud zat you are here Fräulein Unsterb. I guess you kno whai I asked you to come?"

Konstanze just rolled with her eyes and said:

"Sure, sure. How much do you need?"

The women stopped for a moment, putting a finger onto her chin and thinking before saying confidently:

"1.000 gold coins shuld suffaice."

One of Konstanze's eyebrows shot up the moment she heard just how many funds he baggage train required and with a hint of disbelief she inquired:

"1.000...gold...coins? That's twice as much as I paid you last week!"

But the woman just shrugged and said apologetically:

"What can I say? Ze Calarian farms in ze area haff already been raided multipel times and ze local Anselmian food produktion cannot supply an army of zis size so zey need to expensively ship food here from other parts of ze country."

It appeared that there really was no way around it. Damn those Calarian forts, she'd have to raze the countryside once they had broken through in order save some money. Sure, it was only for short term gain and would hurt in the long run but if the short term helped her to actually gain something in the long run rather than lose everything she had fought for, then she'd happily put the Calarians to the sword en masse. With a sigh she retrieved a piece of paper. She carried several of these around. Diligent copiers had multiplied them often enough for her and so she had this nice document with her sigil and everything that would allow whomever had one of these to trade it for whatever the document stated with any of her bursars and administrators. In this case she just wrote 1.000 gold coins onto it and signed it before handing it over to the woman and leaving again.

As she walked back through the camp towards her command tent she snapped at Vivian:

"When does the Black Band return to man their posts in the siege?"

Vivian didn't seem impressed or frightened by Konstanze's bad mood and dryly stated:

"In two to three weeks Mylady."

"Send a messenger to them. I want all of the Black Band forces back at the frontline within 9 days."

Vivian shrugged before parting from them to get a horse and several other messengers. Etheltryth on the other hand stayed at Konstanze's side and said with a voice seemingly coming straight out of the grave and bar of any emotion save for a slight hint of mockery:

"Why the sudden change of plans, Mylady?"

They had reached the command tent, which was situated slightly above the rest of the main camp. Mages were posted there as guards, mainly to work protection magic should the Calarian fortress decide to decapitate the Anselmian Army and fire at the command tent. From here they had a wonderful view at the fortress, burning from the impact of flaming projectiles. Below the walls on the other hand, across the open fields stretching out before them, there seemed to be cracks in the earth. But no, those were actually trenches, carefully dug closer and closer to the walls to allow Anselmian Infantry to approach the fort relatively well protected. Konstanze looked over the scenery and said:

"The Night of the Bloody Moons is in two weeks. During it, all the creatures of darkness, the vile, the mad, the corrupted and the wild will be stronger. Even this army made from the dregs of our society will be filled with new vigour. Now imagine what the Band will be like...imagine what their plentiful mages who chose the follow the paths of Black Magic will be? I intend to use this night for an all out offensive along the entire border. I aim to break through upon this night and flood into the Calarian hinterlands. Is there any better time than that? Besides...I have already sent word to others that they should make a move. The Calarians soon will have greater trouble than just that.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:11 pm

Peter and his retinue had been riding for about 2 days now south to the border with Achisia, as word had reached him that Princess Alexis was stationed on the border and had no reinforcements to help her on quite possibly the most dangerous night ever imaginable. Once he had caught wind of this, Peter immediately gathered whatever forces he could spare which included 700 professional men-at-arms of House Clermont and 200 mounted knights, leaving the rest of his forces behind to defend Jacquesville. Though he had only met Alexis once in court, he realized that aiding someone of the royal family could help his own standing in Duivene's aristocracy. That, and he was somewhat enamored with the princess...

Sounds of battle in the distance however cut his thoughts short, and Peter ordered for his contingent to close in on the sounds of battle. Once they had come into eyesight of the ensuing battle, Peter was shocked to see how badly outnumbered they all were despite his reinforcements. But this did not deter him as he turned to face his men:

"Knights of Duivene, tonight we fight prove ourselves to the Sixteen and defend our princess. Show these abominations what the men of Duivene do to the forces of darkness!" and with that the forces of Peter roared in unison, loud enough for all around to hear. Peter donned his helmet adorned with the unicorn of Duivene, and ordered his infantrymen to charge headlong into the ranks of undead. Meanwhile, Peter split up the knights into two groups of 100 each, and charged the undead from the right and left side. Peter led the charge on the left, and killed several undead with his silver lance as the two charges attempted to reach the surrounded retinue of Alexis.
Last edited by Zapatha on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:00 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:

Alexis smiled sadly. "I should be resting, I know.. but I can not stand idle when my people and my realm are threatened by the forces of evil.. and especially not during this night. I couldn't just sleep while so many others will need my help.. it would be selfish for me to ignore their pleas for help.. if the Gods have granted me these powers, then I have to use them, for..the good of everyone.", she tried to explain, before she sighed. "Yes, the Seneschal doesn't like me too much, and protecting the villages and cities on the borders doesn't seem to be one of his policies.. but I am not that important. My younger brother and his line will have the royal throne, and I took an oath not to get married before I joined the Scriptures..all that is left for me is to use my life to serve the nation and its people." And then, the amethyst eyed girl remained quiet for a few more moments, nearly dozing off again. "The world is just so cruel.."

But the princess never had time to explain what she wanted to say - as the silence was suddenly broken by the unmistakeble sound of arrows moving through the air, and and wave of black arrows, like a cloud of death, covered the sky above them - and despite her exhaustion, Alexis was the first to react. She raised her left hand in the air, and a dome of pure, golden light appeared around the group of knights, shielding them. Hundreds and hundreds of those arrows were all blocked, wave after wave, and when they stopped - cracks had appeared in the dome, and blood was trickling from the princess' mouth. Alexis was breathing shallowly, seemingly on the verge of collapsing - but she wasted no time as her knights and mages finally recovered from the shock - trying to help their princess. "There is no time..", she stopped them. "We're surrounded, we have to escape.. follow me, my knights!"

Brushing her weakness aside, Alexis unrolled the flag around her lance. "My flag, defend our brethren! Shine, eternal light!", she shouted, and sure enough, her banner started to glow in a golden light. The feelings of weakness and nausea that the knights had because of the Night started to dissipate, and the flag seemed to keep the fear away, filling them with bravery..and the group of riders rushed forward, trying to escape from the ambush.. only to find their way blocked by a horde of undead soldiers of Duivene that suddenly appeared out of nothing, as the spell keeping them hidden was broken. They could now see thousands of undead.. some were skeletons from the Great War, while others were a lot more fresh.. victims of the mysterious raids and attacks of the last weeks. A charging group of heavily armored knights could of course not change their direction at will, so their formation broke through the first few enemy lines before their momentum was lost. Some of the horses were killed by the undead, and so many of the knights dismounted, forming simple circle or square formations in order to better fight against the overwhelming enemy..

Alexis tried to shout a few orders.. only to feel weakness and nausea taking over her.. a dark aura of the like she hadn't seen in a very long time, and before she was able to react, a figure appeared in front of her - wearing a dark armor dress, with purple accents and marks where the emblems that had once decorated it had been scrapped off. She was gripping the handle of a dark purple lance in her right hand, one that seemed to have a dark banner rolled around the upper part of its shaft, in a similar way to how the princess' lance, and the similarly dark purple handle of a sword in her left hand - with a dark pink crystal as its pommel and with a clean, metallic, black blade. Her face and head were covered by a black, metallic helmet and its visor - but her long, pale blond hair was clearly visible. Alexis barely had the time to react as a slash of the sword barely missed her, deflected by her lance's shaft, so the blade instead pierced through her horse's armor as if it was paper, and the horse fell on the ground, so did Alexis, disappearing together with her banner in the mass of fighting bodies and men. The flags disappearance weakened the resolve of the knights, and the princess barely managed to stand back up in time. Again and again, the black sword clashed with her lance of silver, but Alexis was clearly losing - pushed back with each hit, her entire body shivering..

With the crimson skies above them.. the battle already seemed to be lost...

Eric Antoine Roch de Villegagnon

Decades away from the continent, yet every battle here looked similar to the War he fought. The undead soldiers reminded him of how dark the battles against Achisia were, as he was often forced to fight against the men that accompanied him in the long marches deep into enemy territory, men that reminded him that there was a home for them to return once it was over. However, a man at Eric's age couldn't afford the luxury of freezing due to the traumas he once had.

I swear by my blood I will have a word with this Seneschal soon as we are out of here.

The soldiers were pressed and outnumbered. Without Alexis' banner, they felt... unprotected. The Night of the Bloody Moons, that one day that shook the foundation that held their courage and will strong, was showing its effects in a twisted way. Their beloved princess just disappeared in front of them, and the sky itself seemed to tell them this was a cursed place. In the lack of battle leaders, Eric needed to organize the troops before he ran to Alexis.

"Everyone! Defensive squares formation, hold positions! Move together, don't spread out, and keep marching at the pace of the other groups!"

Adjusting his posture, Eric galloped in the direction Alexis went, only to see a female knight that matched the description of the one in the village incident... If this was the person Alexis promised to protect, she would be nearly unable to fight: First, due to the physical exhaustion, and second, due to the mental exhaustion a fight against a friend would cause to her. Noble banners of an aristocrat could be seen coming closer, and if Eric's memory served him right, it was the banner of the House Clermont, an old family that figured in the high ranks of the Duivenian aristocracy. But his concentration was elsewhere.

Quickly dismounting from his horse, Eric unsheathed his sword, displaying the skill he had with his blade of preference, cutting through the undead soldiers around him, dodging or parrying their attacks in a manner that made it looked easy. The full extent of his abilities was unknown to Alexis and the other Duivenian soldiers, but it was perceptible that his formal training, along with the acquired experience of fighting along the world, gave Eric a distinct level in swordsmanship. At what it seemed to be the last clash of the dark sword of the mysterious figure against the Princess' favorite weapon, Eric intervened with his blade, lifting the dark sword and placing himself between the fight.

As his sword clashed continuously against his foe's weapon, Eric created enough distance to allow Alexis room to get up and try to regain some energy, but he needed to craft a vulnerability to explore. The Night messed with his magic and by extension, with the magic of the soldiers around him. With a light parry to the left, Eric took a step to the right and delivered an upward hit, enhancing the tip of the blade at the last possible moment, causing it to cut through the helmet's metal, but failing to cause any actual damage to the person protected by it. That proved to be the least surprising of the acts, as his opponent decided to take the damaged helmet off, revealing an appearance very similar to Alexis.

So this was the reason why Alexis was hesitating... She knew who was coming for her. Something happened between them, but this isn't the time for a conversation. Decades away from Duivene and the Kingdom is still filled with intrigue...

"Who the hell are you? I am betting that your similarity with Alexis isn't a coincidence."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:44 am

A forest
Northern Wyzkia

Rafal had wanted to say something, to ease the boy's fears, to calm him down, to explain that nothing of it had been his fault.. but he was too weak.. too exhausted..he could already feel the calming embrace of the end. So the green eyed boy barely even noticed the presence of that mysterious little deity that always seemed to just mess around with the mortal world. But this sad and depressing scene was pretty much ruined by the black eyed boy's giggling, who seemed to consider Wulf's reply to be rather.. funny? "So, you are ready to give me anything in order to save him, little boy.. even if you have only met him yesterday.. seeing mortals do that is just so amusing. Some humans would be more than ready to stab their parents or loved ones in the back if it brings them something, while others would die for people that they had only just met. I probably won't be able to understand how you mortals think and feel even if I were to spend another eternity among you...but I once did.. maybe that's why trying to help mortals is so entertaining.." The deity remained quiet for a few moments, seemingly lost in thought, before the boy's hollow, black eyes looked at Wulf again from the empty sockets of the skull mask. "Are you sure that you want to do this? I can't tell you what will happen, it would be too easy..you might die.. you might end up as a lost soul forever stuck at the edge of the worlds. You might enjoy an eternity of suffering for making a deal with an unknown deity..." The little god smirked. "But hey, if you want to save him, and if you want to save yourself... then you'll just have to accept my deal. Take my hand..", he told him, offering his hand to the scared and lost boy...

Somewhere

When the pink haired girl woke up, the sun was already up in the sky. Besides from where she had been hit in the head last night, she seemed to be unharmed - and untouched, with all of her clothes in order, besides from the metallic coffins with magical marks on them around her wrists. She was sitting in the back of a wooden wagon, drawn by two horses, somewhere in the middle of a forest that might or might have not been the same forest in which she had been captured the night before..and she immediately noticed her captors. With their white robes with crimson accents, and with their medallions showing the Faith's Flower and an open, lidless eye in the middle - they were the Faith Keepers, the members of the Faith's Judgement. Some of the most feared and hated men and women throughout the human realms..

Most of them were quietly walking next to the wagon, some of them wounded, others supporting their comrades who were barely even able to move.. it was as if they had survived a slaughter. With his head covered by a white hood, a Faith's Keeper was sitting in the front of the carriage, taking care of the horses.. and in the back, on the other side from Alina.. there was a girl, only slightly older than her - also a Faith Keeper. She was wearing the same robes as them, but her right leg was bandaged, crimson staining the bandages and her pants. She had a long, dark brown hair, and blue eyes, and at some point in her life, had probably been considered beautiful.. but the right side of her face was scarred by burn marks, which seemed to continue down on her neck and probably even lower. Despite that, the woman didn't seem to be threatening at all - with a calm and even vaguely kind look in her eyes. She soon realized that Alina was awake - and she started to say something in an exhausted and somewhat hoarse voice. "You'll get some food and water when we'll stop again.."

The other woman was certainly similar to Alexis in terms of appearance.. that at first glance, a random observer might have confused her for Duivene's princess. But only a couple moments more were needed to see that while the two of them were very similar.. there were also big differences. This other girl had a much paler skin, and her blonde hair was also much paler than that of Alexis. Instead of the amethyst colored eyes of the hero-princess, this female knight of evil had golden eyes. Alexis was truly a hero and a leader, beautiful and beloved, calm and charming, friendly and kind. The black armor wearing girl was also beautiful, but her presence seemed to exude insanity, fear, and a feeling of danger. She had a deranged look in her eyes, and as Eric spoke.. this mysterious girl just started to laugh. "Wouldn't you love to know?", she asked, sticking her tongue out at him as she suddenly rushed forward, in a flash, swinging her sword and giving Eric just a single heartbeat to barely block her attack. The entire situation seemed to have drastically changed from just a moment ago, when the knight had managed to deliver such a hit - as the armored girl in front of her didn't seem to leave any openings for him to react, fighting with both her lance and her sword with a skill that seemed to be more than a match to his swordsmanship - probably because of the influence of the cursed night and of the crimson sky around them...with Eric being more than able to feel that weakness, that fear, that nauseating feeling..

But behind him, a weakened and wounded Alexis was desperately trying to stand back up, using her lance to support herself. It quickly became rather obvious that her evil lookalike had wounded her before Eric had been able to intervene, with blood pouring out from the tip of a lance had pierced through her armor and into her shoulder. And still, despite all of that, she was still trying to raise her flag, to give hope to her soldiers, to fight, to save them...

Having heard Eric's orders, the confused and overwhelmed knights had managed to get into simple defensive squares, using their shields, spears, and armors to keep the undead beings around them.. but the fate of the battle was still firmly in the favor of the enemy forces, and it seemed to be only a question of time until the forces of Duivene would be overwhelmed and killed. Luckily for them, a new warrior had also joined the battle.. an absolutely gigantic warrior. If they would have had more time to watch him, they could have perhaps realized that he was a hybrid between a Karaki and a giant.. but as things stood, they had other things to worry about. So instead of trying to fight such a beast, like they normally would have, the knights even cheered as this new beast had charged right into the undead horde, with a tree in his hand, taking at least some of the pressure away from the knights, helping them strengthen their positions and formations. The tides of battle seemed to change for a moment.. and then they heard it. A deafening, beast-like scream in the sky above them....and then they could see it, high in the crimson sky.. a black, three-headed dragon, with dark, empty eyes.

After a moment of silence.. the knights panicked, and tried to break ranks.. but they couldn't run away, not like that, not when they were surrounded by the cursed undead, there was no way out.. and the higher ranked knights desperately tried to keep them in formation, to keep them fighting. With another scream, the dragon suddenly dived towards the ground, its three heads breathing black fire towards the horde and the isolated pockets of knights, burning and killing many of them in a sea of desperate screams and groans of those knights and undead who had been turned into walking torches. The dragon circled around the battlefield for just a little more..before it landed in the middle of the battlefield, crushing thousands of the undead, and the dragon roared again, as everything seemed helpless..

But the witch-knight wasn't going to give Eric any time to react. "Hey, little knight.. I'll kill you and I'll make you my personal slave~"

Fallen Achisia
Fort Peremoha
Under the control of the Council of the Six Realms
Guarded by the Council's forces from the Imperial Velikiyan Army and the Grand Army of the Most Serene Republics of Calaria

The white haired witch simply laughed, as she used her mysterious to block his attacks, again, again, and again, as as Arthur's swings of his sword pushed her back and back again. Under normal circumstances, a champion of Aurora such as Arthur would have been more than able to win against an archer witch.. but they were fighting under a crimson sky, as darkness reigned, with dawn being only a faint dream... "So the brave knight risks his life in order to save those of his friends and comrades from the evil monsters of the night.. ", the witch replied, giggling. "But you won't be able to do anything, you weak slave of the Faith. Our time has finally come again, and all those who have dared to fight against our Mage-Emperor shall die for their arrogance...and it will start you and your little soldiers. You will lose this fight, and I will make you watch how all your soldiers are killed and how the monsters of the shadows will drink their blood and feast with their flesh.. you will die alone, and maybe, maybe.. after your death, my master will bring you back to life as his slave.. isn't this exciting?"

Smirking, the black eyed witch once again parried his attack with ease, and then a small, black rock appeared in her right hand. The woman wasted no time and immediately threw it directly into Arthur's face, where the rock broke, covering the entire area around them in a thick, dark smoke. Obviously prepared for it, the Achisian witch jumped back, outside of the cloud of smoke and as she pulled back the bow's string, four arrows of dark energy appearance once again-- and a heartbeat later, as she let go of the string, all four of them disappeared into the smoke.. hitting the weakened Scripture knight...

Somewhere
Meeting a god

“You are just so boooring...”, the little deity complained, sighing. “You’re not even acting like a proper demon prince, you know.. but I guess that shouldn’t be a surprise. You’re the only demon prince around to have faked his death...so I suppose that you are indeed.. at least a little different. Not many divine beings would even think about respecting the lives of mortals, you know? But that also makes you pretty dull.. you have no idea how to have some fun. In the end, we’re immortal, and they are not. We have the power of life and death over them, and the mortals should not forget that...”

And then the little deity giggled. “Or at least, that’s what one of the great gods would say. Yeah, I do love to play around with mortals.. they are the best toys after all. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t respect them in my own way… they do deserve at least some respect ..for just how weird and unpredictable they are, I suppose. Watching them is always entertaining, and while you could say that I’m playing around with them.. I did save quite a lot of human lives throughout the ages. I’m not as bad of a deity as you might think.”

And the black eyed boy smirked. “But at least I do appreciate that you are wise enough to not refuse my help.. even if you just an old and mildly annoying little demon...so I will help you. You, the little broken knight, and the angel who actually isn’t an angel...with no strings attached, of course. A demon, a knight, and an angel, desperately trying to protect each other and to survive.. that is going to be very interesting to watch. Your story here has barely begun.. so it would be so underwhelming for it to end during this night. That’s why I can give each of you a magical mark..mortal marks, that I’ve learnt from the people of silver. For you, forgotten demon, a mark that will help you keep your powers under control. For the broken knight, a mark that will make him.. less broken, I suppose. And for the angel-like girl, a mark that will help her discover her powers.. in time...without the immediate danger of her burning like a bonfire.”

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:15 pm

When the pink haired girl woke up, the sun was already up in the sky. Besides from where she had been hit in the head last night, she seemed to be unharmed - and untouched, with all of her clothes in order, besides from the metallic coffins with magical marks on them around her wrists. She was sitting in the back of a wooden wagon, drawn by two horses, somewhere in the middle of a forest that might or might have not been the same forest in which she had been captured the night before..and she immediately noticed her captors. With their white robes with crimson accents, and with their medallions showing the Faith's Flower and an open, lidless eye in the middle - they were the Faith Keepers, the members of the Faith's Judgement. Some of the most feared and hated men and women throughout the human realms..

Most of them were quietly walking next to the wagon, some of them wounded, others supporting their comrades who were barely even able to move.. it was as if they had survived a slaughter. With his head covered by a white hood, a Faith's Keeper was sitting in the front of the carriage, taking care of the horses.. and in the back, on the other side from Alina.. there was a girl, only slightly older than her - also a Faith Keeper. She was wearing the same robes as them, but her right leg was bandaged, crimson staining the bandages and her pants. She had a long, dark brown hair, and blue eyes, and at some point in her life, had probably been considered beautiful.. but the right side of her face was scarred by burn marks, which seemed to continue down on her neck and probably even lower. Despite that, the woman didn't seem to be threatening at all - with a calm and even vaguely kind look in her eyes. She soon realized that Alina was awake - and she started to say something in an exhausted and somewhat hoarse voice. "You'll get some food and water when we'll stop again.."
As she began to wake up, fear filtered slowly into her mind. She didn't know what was happening--she didn't know who had knocked her out, who was there, and for a few moments she could only lie still, frozen in terror, waiting for the feelings that would signal the return of her nightmares.

Yet, they didn't come, no matter how long she waited--she kept her eyes tightly shut, not wanting to see it coming, not wanting to know, wanting to just pretend she wasn't there, she wasn't.

But nothing happened, and as time passed with her still feeling nothing, she began to wonder--she dared to open her eyes a little bit, and pushed herself to a more upright position, glancing down at herself. She was still fully clothed, to her great relief, and unharmed--but there were heavy metal cuffs on her wrists, with markings engraved on the sides, and when she tried to call on her magic, she found that she couldn't--pain lanced through her mind with each attempt, and she had to bite back a cry. The next thing she noticed were the people around her--white and crimson robes, medallions with symbols she knew all too well. No, no--not them, not them--did they know what she'd done? They couldn't--she didn't want to hear what they would say if they knew--she couldn't bear to hear that, she already knew what she'd become, she knew, they didn't have to tell her. They didn't have to. She knew it so well.

She was trembling, she realized, tiny, frightened whimpers building in the back of her throat. It was better than the other possibility, at least. They might torture her or kill her, but that wasn't so bad, was it? It wasn't the sort of pain she was really afraid of, the awful violations she'd endured before. The sort of pain the Faith would inflict would only be the punishment a whore like her deserved, right?

I'm sorry, she thought, but couldn't bring herself to speak. I'm sorry. I didn't want to--I fought as hard as I could. Please... you don't need to tell me what I am. I know.

But they didn't say anything cruel, they didn't hurt her. They looked like they'd been hurt rather badly themselves... and there was a girl with burns all down her face and neck, who looked... almost kind.

They were going to give her food and water? That felt strange to her. Why would they bother taking care of her? Weren't they just going to kill her later? She was a heretic, wasn't she? She didn't understand.

Then she remembered.

Rafal.

Oh, gods, Rafal. He was going to die. He was going to die, she'd promised him she'd get someone to help but she'd failed him--he was going to die--

"Let me go," she begged. "Please, let me go, I can't--I can't go with you--I have to help him--I promised I'd help him, please, he'll die if you don't let me go, he can't die, he can't die--" She broke down into frightened sobs, no longer able to speak coherently. She had to help him. She had to. She couldn't leave him alone, she couldn't abandon him, she'd promised--

Rafal, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, oh gods please don't let him die, please, just don't let him die...

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Duievene, Night of the Bloody Moons

As Peter and his men fought on, he noticed that with every passing minute they were all being surrounded, with the undead seemingly endless. Peter, still atop his horse, attempted to keep the knights and Clermont soldiers together in formation while simultaneously piercing dozens of undead with his silver lance. As he weaved throughout the battlefield, the knights of Duivene seemed to be beating back the undead in their formations given out by a man who seemed to be the commander under Alexis. Then, a crash came from right behind Peter, as what seemed to be a giant emerged from the woods wielding a tree trunk as a club. Barely having time to react, Peter and his horse narrowly evaded the giant's foray into the undead.

"Perhaps the Sixteen still smile upon us." Peter thought, as he continued to rally the remaining Duivenian combatants. Then he heard an unholy sound from up above, and his heart sank once he saw the three headed dragon barreling down at the tight formations of the knights. Peter watched in horror as the beast incinerated dozens of men in one go with the undead still streaming forth. As the men began to break formation, Peter knew he had to do something or else the battle was lost. Charging straight into the middle of the battlefield, he struck down many more undead, and began shouting:

"Men of Duievene, rally to your princess!" as he attempted to locate her. Amongst the chaos of battle, he spotted the commander from earlier fighting a woman in black armor....and the princess wounded a few yards away. Immediately, Peter charged forward on his horse and once in range, thrusted his lance at the girl in black's torso.

-------------------------------------

Fort Peremoha

As the witch continued to parry his attacks, Arthur soon realized that any attempt of defeating her in a prolonged duel would lead to his death. Before he had a chance to think however, the witch created a cloud of darkness that enveloped him, overcoming his sense of direction. Instinctively, Arthur removed his helmet and began to swing his sword wildly around, trying to find the witch. But before he knew it, he felt a sharp pain in his abdomen and when he looked down Arthur saw that he had been shot with one of the witch's dark arrows. Arthur began to feel his strength fading, almost as if with the blood escaping him from the wound was leaving his remaining power.

As the dark cloud began to clear, Arthur stepped out from it and back into the crimson colored night with the witch still standing there. Arthur looked down to his wound again, and pulled the arrow out from his abdomen, wincing as he did so. Dropping it, Arthur looked at the witch and felt only hate and anger. He allowed it to overcome his senses and resumed his duel with her, this time using spells as he had lost all sense of self-preservation at this point. He conjured a ball of holy fire at the tip of his sword and hurled it toward the witch, and followed that up with a swing at the witch's head.

Meanwhile, Arthur's and Calaria's remaining force rallied with Arthur's Scripture knights and attempted to break out of the fort and retreat to safer territory....
Last edited by Zapatha on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:00 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Somewhere in Achisia
A field of death

As Julie screamed, and as the wall of light appeared around the wounded Celio, Ekaitz slowly turned around to look at the brunette girl, clearly confused. He remained silent as as Julie started to speak, just listening to what she was saying. He hesitated, even as she placed her hand on his forearm, and a few good moments passed after the girl had stopped, nothing but silence around them, with the hordes of undead watching them with their empty sockets. Eventually, the blue eyed prince sighed, a sad smile on his face. "You really are too good for this world Juliette", he told her in a voice so sad that it would have broken the hearts of many. He wasn't angry, and he wasn't offended.. he just seemed to be.. disappointed. As if she had betrayed his trust...as if she was just a little child that couldn't understand what was happening around her. "The world we live in is unjust and cruel.. and I know all too well that you can't save everyone. Sometimes, you can't even save those close to you..it wasn't their fault, you know. The Traitors.. that they were corrupted..we tried to help them, we tried to save them from their fate.. but in the end, we had to realize that there was nothing we could do. Sometimes, you have to do cruel things for the greater good. The greater good is all that matters - killing someone is a horrible deed, but by killing that single life you can save countless more.. then that's what you should do. That's the sacrifice that a hero must often do. Had we not killed the Traitors back during that accursed battle.. the world would have been taken over by darkness, and the victory of that Mage-Emperor would have been so complete that his reign would have been eternal. It was cruel, it was terrible - we had to kill our own friends.. but we did it in the end, for the survival of the realms that we had sworn to protect."

The blonde haired boy was still smiling sadly, as two tears rolled down his cheeks. "You truly are a good person.. but I have to stop you from doing this mistake. You can't choose him over thousands of others, the many people that would die if he were to escape from here unharmed. You can not save him, Juliette, I can feel it in his aura, it's corrupted. He is a slave of Envy, and those are chains that can not be broken through kindness alone. He's not confused or scared, he was probably just deceiving you - he willingly had to give his soul away to Invidia. This is a night of darkness, and we have no time to left.. you can not save him, you certainly can not save him in time. And if saving those thousands and tens of thousands of innocent people who are threatened by his undead army and by his accursed magic means that I will have to soil my blade with his blood, if it means that I will take his life, to take a life in order to save many others.. then I will do it. It is a sacrifice that you have to be ready to make, if you truly want to help this world. Even if he has a human side, even if there could be some hope left for him - all of that was lost the moment he decided to raise this army of undead for this cursed night. To save all those that his servants would kill, to protect all of the cities and towns that this horde would ransack, to prevent all of the pain and the suffering, the darkness and the corruption.. I will kill him. So step aside, Juliette. This is no longer a decision that you can make..", he said, his voice colder then before, as he took a step back. He snapped his fingers, and a pair of golden handcuffs appeared around Julie's wrists. Ekaitz smiled kindly, before he turned around to face the black haired boy was still lying face-down on the ground. The first lighting bolt crushed the wall of light, and the second hit the boy - who started to scream again..

As he smiled, telling her she was too good for this world, speaking in a tone of...disappointment...her heart sank. No...nonono... He didn't get what she was saying. He thought she was too naive...and with a look of shock, of desperation, of disappointment, she slowly let her hand slip from his arm. Of course he didn't believe her. Why would he? She seemed so unknowledgable to him, so...childish. He spoke that the world was unjust and cruel, that he knew you couldn't save everyone, that sometimes you couldn't save those closest to you...he continued on, speaking of the Traitors, that they were corrupted, that they tried to save them...but realized they couldn't. He spoke that sometimes one had to do cruel things for the greater good, that it was all that mattered...that killing a single life for the sake of thousands of others was what they should do. That there had to be sacrifice. That if they hadn't killed the Traitors, the world would be swallowed by darkness, that the Mage-Emperor's reign would've been eternal, that they had to kill their own friends, that it was because they'd sworn to protect the survival of the realms...

and Julie felt sick to her stomach, taking a step back as the tears rolled down his cheeks, but not her own. She didn't feel much sympathy. If he was truly a Hero, how could he stand by and let so many die? To slaughter thousands in the name of survival? What is the use in survival if so many had to die for it? She grimaced, turning her eyes away from the golden knight as he explained she was good, but that he had to stop her from doing this mistake...that she couldn't choose him over thousands of others, that many would die if he escaped, that she couldn't save him...and she only grew angrier. He spoke that he was a slave of Envy, that his chains could not be broken by her kindness, that he was only deceiving her...that he willingly gave his soul to Invidia. That they had no time yet to save him, that if he needed to kill him to save the thousands of others at risk, he would do it. That it was a sacrifice she needed to be willing to make...that even if he still had good in him, it was lost when he raised the undead. That to save all others, he would kill him.

He told her to step aside, that it was no longer her decision...but she didn't move, not even as his voice grew colder. No, she was the only one that could save him. "You're wrong!" She cried to him, angry, more frustrated than before. She watched, surprised for a moment as the golden handcuffs snapped her wrists together, and finally, fresh tears boiled onto her cheeks as she looked at him with hatred, watching as he approached the boy behind her light wall. "You're wrong because you haven't even given him a chance! Y-you coward! You're a coward for assuming the worst in the slaves of Sin, scared of what they can do, scared of their power when we were chosen to save them from that very thing!" She screamed, watching as he teared down her wall with his lightning, the anger boiling in her chest. "You slaughter every enemy that crosses your path not knowing their story, their feelings, their possibilities, and yet you have the gall to call yourself a Hero!" She spit the words like venom, not spending another moment still. She approached a nearby sword, hilt-up in the ground, and quickly smashed the handcuffs against it.

They shattered, the darkness of the night helping to weaken them. She listened as Celio screamed again, and with balled fists, she approached Ekaitz again. "This is my job, my destiny, and I won't let another one of you higher-up, egotistical scumbags get in my way again!" She yelled, throwing her hand open, a magical circle quickly forming, golden chains wrapping around the prince's limbs, pulling him to the bloody ground onto his knees. More tears leaked as she came to face him, looking both angry...and hurt. "Why does everyone assume I'll fail at my job? That I'll fail Benevolentia? That I can't possibly save Celio from this fate? That I can't save everyone else from this fate? Do I look that weak and dumb to you!?" She yelled to him, "You all think I'm not powerful or that I can't do what I need to because you don't give me the chance! You always think everything needs to be placed in your hands to get things done; Gods forbid anyone let someone do their actual bidding!" She rambled, angry, more tears spilling down her cheeks. "I can do this! I can do it! You all just have to give me a chance to do it...and you know what?" She asked, bringing her wet face close to his, her blue eyes searching his for some kind of remorse.

"We could've won...we could've done it...you and I, side by side; we don't need to kill anyone! But the Gods know all you Heroes like to do is slaughter!" She cried, poking her finger into his chest. "Because you know what? I bet all we would have to do is knock him out...if he isn't awake, how could he command his army? He couldn't...but killing must be the ultimate option, right..? Gods forbid we give anyone a chance at redemption." She spit the word into his face and stood again, though it wasn't much of a difference since she wasn't very tall. Still...while she was angry, her face showed sorrow and remorse for him. "...I thought for once someone would believe in me...but I guess...not even you can do that..."
Tracian Empire wrote:A forest
Northern Wyzkia

Rafal had wanted to say something, to ease the boy's fears, to calm him down, to explain that nothing of it had been his fault.. but he was too weak.. too exhausted..he could already feel the calming embrace of the end. So the green eyed boy barely even noticed the presence of that mysterious little deity that always seemed to just mess around with the mortal world. But this sad and depressing scene was pretty much ruined by the black eyed boy's giggling, who seemed to consider Wulf's reply to be rather.. funny? "So, you are ready to give me anything in order to save him, little boy.. even if you have only met him yesterday.. seeing mortals do that is just so amusing. Some humans would be more than ready to stab their parents or loved ones in the back if it brings them something, while others would die for people that they had only just met. I probably won't be able to understand how you mortals think and feel even if I were to spend another eternity among you...but I once did.. maybe that's why trying to help mortals is so entertaining.." The deity remained quiet for a few moments, seemingly lost in thought, before the boy's hollow, black eyes looked at Wulf again from the empty sockets of the skull mask. "Are you sure that you want to do this? I can't tell you what will happen, it would be too easy..you might die.. you might end up as a lost soul forever stuck at the edge of the worlds. You might enjoy an eternity of suffering for making a deal with an unknown deity..." The little god smirked. "But hey, if you want to save him, and if you want to save yourself... then you'll just have to accept my deal. Take my hand..", he told him, offering his hand to the scared and lost boy...

As the deity giggled, Wulf lowered his gaze to the dirt again, listening as Outcast repeated his words on willing to give anything to save Rafal, speaking that he found it...amusing. That some humans would kill their loved ones for something, while others would die for strangers. He explained he could never understand how mortals think and feel even if he spent another eternity among them. The brown-haired boy shivered slightly at the remembrance that who he was speaking to was definitely not human. He asked if Wulf was sure he wanted to do this, that he couldn't tell him what he would do...that he could die, or become a lost soul, or an eternity of suffering...and the thought made him hesitate as the deity smirked. It was a terrifying thought...he had no idea what would happen...

and he found that he was shaking as he looked to his small hands, and then looked to the dying boy beside him. Yes, he and Alina had shown him kindness in the few hours he'd known them, as had the Duke...he would've done the same for him, would he not? His life could never matter more than Rafal's or Alina's or anyone else he'd met...He looked for a moment before he furrowed his brow in determination, in bravery, and looked to the deity. "Whatever it is...whatever it takes..." He spoke before he took a deep breath. "Just...please save him..." He said as he gently slipped his hand into the deity's...

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:06 pm

Somewhere in Achisia
A field of death

"You at least have the bravery to stand up for the things you believe in.. I can appreciate that.", Ekaitz answered, with the same kind smile on his face - as if nothing had happened. As if Julie hadn't just attacked him. As if the Archbishop of Kindness hadn't just used magical, golden chains to bind him and to force him onto his knees. As if a little girl hadn't just lectured him and told him all those things. "But you have done a terrible mistake, I'm afraid. I don't think that you have been corrupted, as Justitia says, or that you have turned evil.. you're just too naive. Too innocent to understand how this world really works. You have just doomed thousands of people to a fate worse than death, to being killed and then having their souls stolen through foul, dark arts. I can't speak about your destiny, only Fate itself knows that.. but your job is to protect the people of this world.. and it's there where you have failed. You're not weak or dumb - you're just not strong enough to fight against the corrupting influence of a divine being, no one is. You can't save him - but you could have saved so many others. And you already had a chance to do it.. why do you think that I only intervened after your innocent necromancer has awoken all those undead? You had your chance, and you've wasted it." The prince's smile was still there.. but his emerald eyes had become colder than ice. "Don't you dare to accuse me like that, Juliette. Do you think that I enjoy slaughter? Do you think that I love the fact that my hands are stained in red? You're just too naive.. knocking him out wouldn't accomplish anything - as long as he is still alive, the spell will continue to exist - and it's not like he would be unable to subconsciously force those undead to do anything. The only other way to stop him without killing him would be to break the spell - do you see a big group of master ranked mages to help me do that around? Or do you want me to torture him and to provoke him a lot of pain to hope that maybe, maybe he'll involuntarily break his own spell? Magic, and especially dark arts like necromancy aren't just a joke. Magic is power - magic is everything, you can't just play around with it. Do you think that we killed all those Achisian necromancers during the war because we enjoyed doing it?"

"Go.. waste no more time..", Celio's hissing voice was suddenly heard, as the black haired boy slowly stood back up. Hearing his order, of course, the hordes of undead that were under his command, the same hordes that had just witnessed this entire fight without doing anything - started to move forward, marching towards their unknown objectives. Ekaitz tried to look at Celio, but the boy's face was now once again covered by that horrible, white as death, beak-like mask - only revealing his blood-red eyes, filled with hate and envy. The Hero tried to say something.. but neither he, nor Julie managed to say or to do anything, as Celio grabbed his scythe and rushed forward, nearly too fast for them to even see him.. striking without mercy. The scythe's blade pushed into Ekaitz's shoulder, cutting deeply, the sheer force of the hit throwing the blonde haired boy away - but the prince was certainly no pushover. The strike also had the added effect of breaking Julie's chains, the ones that were binding Ekaitz - and the hero landed on his legs a few meters away, unsheathing his sword in one fluid move - parrying the next strike of Celio's scythe as the raven haired boy had once again rushed forward. The next few minutes were a complete mess - Julie wouldn't have been able to join the fight even if she would have wanted to. They moved too fast for anyone to realize what was happening, in a mess of black and red and blonde and white and silver, one, powered by the cursed night, the other one, by his own, legendary powers. Until... out of a sudden.. they just stopped.

Blood was pouring from the cut on his shoulder, but Ekaitz was still smiling, tightly gripping the handle of his sword. "It's been a while.. ever since I last had to.. fight like this..", the green eyed boy said, breathing shallowly. "Are you sure that we never met before? This is just so familiar that.. it's funny..." And Ekaitz laughed, all while his enemy remained quiet. Oh, there were so many things that Celio could have said.. but he just couldn't understand why he hated and envied the boy who was standing in front of him. He wanted to cut him into little pieces. He wanted to cut his head off. Stabbing him a thousand times seemed to be the only wao to escape from this hole of despair, angst, and sadness.. but at the same time... it was unfair. Why was it so damn unfair? Everyone loved and idolized this stupid prince, everyone praised him, everyone considered him a hero.. and he hated them for it. Why did no one love him? Why couldn't he also be a hero.. why, why couldn't he save anyone, why had he never been able to save anyone? Why did everyone hate him? Why couldn't he be praised and idolized too, why couldn't he just be happy.. And worst of all.. why did she like that stupid hero? Why had she acted like that around him, all impressed and embarrassed..?

He hated it. He hated it all.

Celio seemed to murmur something, his voice too low for anyone to understand what he was saying.. but black, shadowy snakes appeared all around, coiled around his arms, around his neck..with small, red eyes. One of those snakes fell on the ground, moving slowly towards Ekaitz, who just looked at it, clearly confused.. and just a moment later.. the snake simply seemed to jump forward. It was too difficult for any of them to see exactly what had happened.. one moment, the snake was on the ground, hissing.. and in the next moment, its bloodied head was on the other side of Ekaitz's body, the snake having pieced through his belly only to get out on the other side, a mess of blood and flesh. The blonde haired prince dropped his sword, an expression of pure pain on his face, as he fell on his knees and then face forward on the ground, screaming, screaming, and screaming in pain...

Celio turned around, looking at Julie with an insane look in his eyes, taking his masking off - revealing that he was smirking, just as the mask, as always, turned into smoke. He took a few steps forward towards Julie, seeming to completely ignore the wounded Ekaitz behind him.. as he stopped in front of her, just looking at her for a few moments.. before he gently placed his right hand on her left cheek. "What do you think of your little hero now?..", he asked, smiling.

Somewhere

The scarred girl remained quiet for a few good moments, confused, just looking at Alina as if she couldn't possibly comprehend what she was saying. And then.. the girl just sighed. "Look.. I'm not sure what you're talking about.. but we certainly can't let you go. We have our orders - a weird being with your weird magic can't be just allowed to walk around - we have to bring you to Sedia.. to see what the upper ranked priests and Faith Keepers will say. I'm not even sure what you are - but you look human, and it's not like you can hurt us with those cuffs on.. so we won't hurt you either. I can't promise you anything about what will happen to you after reaching Sedia.. but if you cooperate with the Faith, and if you atone for your sins.. then there is nothing you should worry about." The female Faith Keeper even smiled, sort of.. if that could even be considered a smile. And then she just sighed again. "Orders are orders. I'm not sure who you're talking about.. but there isn't much you can do. We captured you in the middle of the night - it's already noon next day. Whatever happened to this person already happened - and there isn't much you can change." But then.. she hesitated. "Still.. I wouldn't lose all hope. Our priestess -" she said, looking at a young, blonde haired and blue eyed woman around her age, with part of her face obscured by one of the ceremonial masks of a priestess of Aurora, "Didn't feel any deaths in that forest last night..and we had the bad luck of attracting all of the monsters in the area - we managed to best them, eventually, and without any casualties.. but it was a rough battle." And then.. silence again. "Whoever you are talking about could have survived, if he was in that forest.."

Fallen Achisia
The city of Kydara

"I am.. I am telling the truth..", the blind boy answered, seeming to be on the verge of tears himself. "If you'd ask me why, I don't know what I could answer, with this jumbled mess of memories that I have.. but I know it.. I know it for sure, it's one of the things that I know for sure, that remain there no matter of what I forget and what I remember.. I love you. I love you, I love you, and not being able to say anything, seeing that you couldn't remember who I was. And no matter what you said, or how you acted...I couldn't hope that you would actually love me back." And tears slowly started to roll down his cheeks. "I remember that too, the pain, the darkness...but I also remember.. that I was thinking about you.. and that it hurt.. it hurt so much, not only the pain, the wound.. but also knowing that you were somewhere nearby, that you were dying.. and that I couldn't see you, that I couldn't help you, that I couldn't save you..but it doesn't matter.. none of that matters anymore."

And once again, gently, kindly, and with love, oh with so much love that filled his soul that he could barely contain.. he kissed her again. "I'll never make you let go of this.. I promise.. I will.. it doesn't matter what I'll have to do.. but I will make you happy.. I will free you from these chains, from this trap.. and then one day.. one day we'll both be able to escape, we'll be together.. and we'll happy.. I know that.. I know.."

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:08 pm

The scarred girl remained quiet for a few good moments, confused, just looking at Alina as if she couldn't possibly comprehend what she was saying. And then.. the girl just sighed. "Look.. I'm not sure what you're talking about.. but we certainly can't let you go. We have our orders - a weird being with your weird magic can't be just allowed to walk around - we have to bring you to Sedia.. to see what the upper ranked priests and Faith Keepers will say. I'm not even sure what you are - but you look human, and it's not like you can hurt us with those cuffs on.. so we won't hurt you either. I can't promise you anything about what will happen to you after reaching Sedia.. but if you cooperate with the Faith, and if you atone for your sins.. then there is nothing you should worry about." The female Faith Keeper even smiled, sort of.. if that could even be considered a smile. And then she just sighed again. "Orders are orders. I'm not sure who you're talking about.. but there isn't much you can do. We captured you in the middle of the night - it's already noon next day. Whatever happened to this person already happened - and there isn't much you can change." But then.. she hesitated. "Still.. I wouldn't lose all hope. Our priestess -" she said, looking at a young, blonde haired and blue eyed woman around her age, with part of her face obscured by one of the ceremonial masks of a priestess of Aurora, "Didn't feel any deaths in that forest last night..and we had the bad luck of attracting all of the monsters in the area - we managed to best them, eventually, and without any casualties.. but it was a rough battle." And then.. silence again. "Whoever you are talking about could have survived, if he was in that forest.."
They wouldn't let her go. They wouldn't let her help him--just because of her magic, he was going to die--and they would, they would take her to Sedia, to where she would no doubt be punished for the disgusting things she'd done. All they would have to do was see that scar, that mark that would tell them exactly who had laid claim to her, the ones who would still own her in the Faith's eyes--both her body and her soul.

Rafal would say they didn't own her, that no one owned her, that she wasn't their toy anymore and she didn't ever have to be again. But that wasn't what the Faith would say, wasn't what this girl would say if she saw that mark. She would say that Alina was still their whore, a filthy, disgusting, inhuman thing corrupted by lust, both body and soul eternally under the power of the sin that had made her its slave. She couldn't know. She couldn't ever know. Alina couldn't bear to hear that again. Even if she said it would be all right, so long as there was atonement... how could she ever atone for the sick things she'd participated in, how could she change what she'd become?

But when she mentioned what time it was, it no longer mattered.

Alina's heart shattered as soon as she heard it, realizing just what that meant--Rafal was dead, he was certainly dead. It didn't matter what they did to her. It didn't matter. The one person who really cared about her was dead, and it was her fault. She'd failed him. She'd broken her promise.

Even when the woman said that no deaths had been sensed, it didn't help. She'd seen the state he was in, how could he have possibly survived? If they hadn't sensed him dying the night before, it only meant that whatever had done that to him had made his death slow. He must have been in so much pain--trying to stay awake, waiting for her to come back with someone who could help him--she'd promised, and he would have believed her. He would have been waiting for her right up until the last minute.

It must have hurt him so much to realize that she wasn't coming after all.

She couldn't stop crying, couldn't keep the awful, broken sobs inside. "I'm sorry," she choked, hoping that somehow he would be able to hear. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

Spraevia would give him the happiness he deserved, at least. He wouldn't have to feel pain ever again... that was her only comfort.

Whatever fate the Faith had in store for her, it couldn't compare to the pain she felt now.
The city of Kydara

"I am.. I am telling the truth..", the blind boy answered, seeming to be on the verge of tears himself. "If you'd ask me why, I don't know what I could answer, with this jumbled mess of memories that I have.. but I know it.. I know it for sure, it's one of the things that I know for sure, that remain there no matter of what I forget and what I remember.. I love you. I love you, I love you, and not being able to say anything, seeing that you couldn't remember who I was. And no matter what you said, or how you acted...I couldn't hope that you would actually love me back." And tears slowly started to roll down his cheeks. "I remember that too, the pain, the darkness...but I also remember.. that I was thinking about you.. and that it hurt.. it hurt so much, not only the pain, the wound.. but also knowing that you were somewhere nearby, that you were dying.. and that I couldn't see you, that I couldn't help you, that I couldn't save you..but it doesn't matter.. none of that matters anymore."

And once again, gently, kindly, and with love, oh with so much love that filled his soul that he could barely contain.. he kissed her again. "I'll never make you let go of this.. I promise.. I will.. it doesn't matter what I'll have to do.. but I will make you happy.. I will free you from these chains, from this trap.. and then one day.. one day we'll both be able to escape, we'll be together.. and we'll happy.. I know that.. I know.."
This was what she'd wanted for so long.

She couldn't deny this, this beautiful, wonderful thing. Even Tristitia's words couldn't make her deny it. She wanted it so badly that to turn it down would be like plunging a knife through her own heart, surrendering to the darkness and the agony in that tiny fragment of her memories. She'd never thought he loved her, never even considered that it could happen outside of her fantasies of a happier life. But he did. He'd loved her all along.

They'd lost so much time to their doubt, but that didn't matter. They had all the time in the world to make up for it.

His kiss, so soft and gentle and loving, made her feel like she could do anything. His promise filled her cold body with warmth, as if she were truly alive again. Being together with him would be so wonderful, so beyond anything she had ever thought could really happen.

He meant everything to her. So long as she had him--

"I'd like that," she replied softly, her voice warm and her happiness clearly audible. "I'd like that a lot. To be with you... even if it's like this, to be with you would make me happy. To be free with you would be amazing... It doesn't feel like I could be happier than I am now, this is the happiest I can remember ever feeling... to know that you loved me this whole time... but to be together and happy and free would be so, so wonderful..."

She felt something so strange, then, something that it took her a long moment to identify. What was it?

"I don't know..." she whispered, sounding very bewildered. "I don't know what this is... I need you to tell me... what's the word for this? What's the word... for when it feels, in your heart, like... like everything's going to be okay?"

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:03 pm

A field of death

"You at least have the bravery to stand up for the things you believe in.. I can appreciate that.", Ekaitz answered, with the same kind smile on his face - as if nothing had happened. As if Julie hadn't just attacked him. As if the Archbishop of Kindness hadn't just used magical, golden chains to bind him and to force him onto his knees. As if a little girl hadn't just lectured him and told him all those things. "But you have done a terrible mistake, I'm afraid. I don't think that you have been corrupted, as Justitia says, or that you have turned evil.. you're just too naive. Too innocent to understand how this world really works. You have just doomed thousands of people to a fate worse than death, to being killed and then having their souls stolen through foul, dark arts. I can't speak about your destiny, only Fate itself knows that.. but your job is to protect the people of this world.. and it's there where you have failed. You're not weak or dumb - you're just not strong enough to fight against the corrupting influence of a divine being, no one is. You can't save him - but you could have saved so many others. And you already had a chance to do it.. why do you think that I only intervened after your innocent necromancer has awoken all those undead? You had your chance, and you've wasted it." The prince's smile was still there.. but his emerald eyes had become colder than ice. "Don't you dare to accuse me like that, Juliette. Do you think that I enjoy slaughter? Do you think that I love the fact that my hands are stained in red? You're just too naive.. knocking him out wouldn't accomplish anything - as long as he is still alive, the spell will continue to exist - and it's not like he would be unable to subconsciously force those undead to do anything. The only other way to stop him without killing him would be to break the spell - do you see a big group of master ranked mages to help me do that around? Or do you want me to torture him and to provoke him a lot of pain to hope that maybe, maybe he'll involuntarily break his own spell? Magic, and especially dark arts like necromancy aren't just a joke. Magic is power - magic is everything, you can't just play around with it. Do you think that we killed all those Achisian necromancers during the war because we enjoyed doing it?"

"Go.. waste no more time..", Celio's hissing voice was suddenly heard, as the black haired boy slowly stood back up. Hearing his order, of course, the hordes of undead that were under his command, the same hordes that had just witnessed this entire fight without doing anything - started to move forward, marching towards their unknown objectives. Ekaitz tried to look at Celio, but the boy's face was now once again covered by that horrible, white as death, beak-like mask - only revealing his blood-red eyes, filled with hate and envy. The Hero tried to say something.. but neither he, nor Julie managed to say or to do anything, as Celio grabbed his scythe and rushed forward, nearly too fast for them to even see him.. striking without mercy. The scythe's blade pushed into Ekaitz's shoulder, cutting deeply, the sheer force of the hit throwing the blonde haired boy away - but the prince was certainly no pushover. The strike also had the added effect of breaking Julie's chains, the ones that were binding Ekaitz - and the hero landed on his legs a few meters away, unsheathing his sword in one fluid move - parrying the next strike of Celio's scythe as the raven haired boy had once again rushed forward. The next few minutes were a complete mess - Julie wouldn't have been able to join the fight even if she would have wanted to. They moved too fast for anyone to realize what was happening, in a mess of black and red and blonde and white and silver, one, powered by the cursed night, the other one, by his own, legendary powers. Until... out of a sudden.. they just stopped.

Blood was pouring from the cut on his shoulder, but Ekaitz was still smiling, tightly gripping the handle of his sword. "It's been a while.. ever since I last had to.. fight like this..", the green eyed boy said, breathing shallowly. "Are you sure that we never met before? This is just so familiar that.. it's funny..." And Ekaitz laughed, all while his enemy remained quiet. Oh, there were so many things that Celio could have said.. but he just couldn't understand why he hated and envied the boy who was standing in front of him. He wanted to cut him into little pieces. He wanted to cut his head off. Stabbing him a thousand times seemed to be the only wao to escape from this hole of despair, angst, and sadness.. but at the same time... it was unfair. Why was it so damn unfair? Everyone loved and idolized this stupid prince, everyone praised him, everyone considered him a hero.. and he hated them for it. Why did no one love him? Why couldn't he also be a hero.. why, why couldn't he save anyone, why had he never been able to save anyone? Why did everyone hate him? Why couldn't he be praised and idolized too, why couldn't he just be happy.. And worst of all.. why did she like that stupid hero? Why had she acted like that around him, all impressed and embarrassed..?

He hated it. He hated it all.

Celio seemed to murmur something, his voice too low for anyone to understand what he was saying.. but black, shadowy snakes appeared all around, coiled around his arms, around his neck..with small, red eyes. One of those snakes fell on the ground, moving slowly towards Ekaitz, who just looked at it, clearly confused.. and just a moment later.. the snake simply seemed to jump forward. It was too difficult for any of them to see exactly what had happened.. one moment, the snake was on the ground, hissing.. and in the next moment, its bloodied head was on the other side of Ekaitz's body, the snake having pieced through his belly only to get out on the other side, a mess of blood and flesh. The blonde haired prince dropped his sword, an expression of pure pain on his face, as he fell on his knees and then face forward on the ground, screaming, screaming, and screaming in pain...

Celio turned around, looking at Julie with an insane look in his eyes, taking his masking off - revealing that he was smirking, just as the mask, as always, turned into smoke. He took a few steps forward towards Julie, seeming to completely ignore the wounded Ekaitz behind him.. as he stopped in front of her, just looking at her for a few moments.. before he gently placed his right hand on her left cheek. "What do you think of your little hero now?..", he asked, smiling.

Julie stood, listening as the prince spoke, but keeping her expression solid. But then, as he mentioned she'd made a terrible mistake, that she was naive, too innocent to understand the world, she closed her eyes and turned away from him. He spoke that she had doomed thousands, that she had failed at protecting the people of the world...and that she wasn't strong enough to fight the corrupting influence of a divine being...that she couldn't save him. "You're wrong!" She interrupted, turning back to him, anger flaring in her blue eyes. "It's been done before...I know I can do it...I know I can, I've gotten close...I just...it would be so much easier if one of you bastards would just help me!" She cried, anger and distress on her face. "If you just helped...helped me find someone to rid of his chains, to help him find good in this world, to convince him...we could've done it...we can still do it..." He gave her an icy glare that conflicted with his light smile, seeming angry that she'd accused him of bloodlust. He asked if she thought he loved that his hands were stained red, and she couldn't deny that she was almost tempted to say yes.

He mentioned that she was naive, that the spell would continue to exist as long as Celio was alive, that even unconsciously he could command the horde; and he mentioned that the only other way was to break the spell, but that he hadn't brought a group of master mages to help with that...or that torturing him might break the spell as well--he spoke that magic wasn't a joke, that you couldn't just play with it, that he wondered if she thought they killed all of the Achisian necromancers because they enjoyed it...and she thought. For a moment, she thought, wondering how she could possibly break this spell if what he said was true. She finally looked to him after a moment or two, her eyes wide, determined...but it was breaking. She was losing her solutions... "...it doesn't matter what you say, what it will take, I will save him, and I will save everyone else! Even if I die trying, I...I atleast believe that there's some good left in him, that maybe, it can make a difference!" She declared, and with her back turned to Celio, she ceased to notice as he stood...but looked as the hordes began to move.

Oh no... She thought, watching as they slowly moved forward...distracted before she turned, watching in shock as Celio sliced his blade through the blonde boy's shoulder, throwing him too the side, Julie's chains quickly breaking from the motion. She watched in surprise as he landed on his feet, pulling his sword as Celio charged again, watching helplessly as they began to battle fluidly and mercilessly, their blades clashing as sparks flew, only a blur as Julie watched. She tried to prepare a spell, something to restrain them, but every time she tried...they'd moved away from her spells, her light constructs melting helplessly back into the ground. And as they stopped, she became alert, her fingers stretched and ready for an attack, her eyes locked onto the both of them...and then Ekaitz mentioned that it'd been a while since he'd fought like that, that the fight had felt familiar...did he know him? Maybe not...surely he would've felt something more than familiarity, right?

And then she watched as Celio paused, his expression unreadable under his mask...and she watched as snakes coiled up and around his arms and neck, lacing his collar, creating a grim image. And then, one of the shadowy snakes dropped, weaving its way to Ekaitz as he only looked in confusion...she soon became worried, opening her mouth to say something--didn't he know it had to be bad?-- but it was too late. She watched in horror as the snake plowed through his belly, leaving a gory hole in it's place...and as he dropped his sword and fell, screaming, she felt sick. She stumbled slightly, nauseous, the horrible feelings of the night quickly overwhelming her once more. If Ekaitz couldn't stop him, what could she possibly do? Her attention was drawn again as Celio approached her, a crazy look in his eyes as his mask disappeared into smoke. He came closer to her, a wicked smile on his face, awfully matching the prince's screaming in the background. He placed his hand against her cheek, asking her what she thought of her hero now. His fingers were cold...and they seemed to suck the heat out of her.

She felt more weak than she already did as he touched her, to the point she could almost feel the sin trying to crawl into her mind...but no, she had to focus. Yes, focus! She couldn't lose hope now...so she paused, placing her hand over his, holding it to her cheek. Yes, maybe even now, maybe somehow she could touch his good side again...maybe she could convince him not to do this, to stop...but so much damage had been done. She closed her eyes as she held his hand to her cheek, though she was trying her best not to vomit from the intense feeling of nausea the night gave her. "...he's not my hero..." She answered softly. "...and you didn't have to do that...I had him handled, it was fine," She spoke, finally opening her eyes and looking into his. "I'm sorry if I made you think you had to do that...clearly I care about you enough to stop him, right..?" She asked, before she paused. "...but...I...still can't let this go on. There's too much pain, too much damage, so...I'm sorry." She answered before she slid his hand away and took a step back.

She had no time to waste her energy trying to save Ekaitz. She had tried to heal Celio before and it hadn't worked, so why would it do so now? You told me to focus on the majority... She thought, almost willing him to hear her thoughts. So now I'll listen..! With that, a large golden circle of holy light formed beneath her feet as she began to chant, squeezing her eyes shut as the circle began to spin...and she threw her arms forward. If she couldn't break the spell, she would have to do what she could to stop them from accomplishing their mission...even if it meant she would die in the process. It was time to be a hero, just like Ekaitz wanted. Walls of light quickly shot up all across the front of the horde, spread against a far distance as she did her best to stop them...but the wall was weak thanks to the night, and where the wall was broken, she would force it to build again. But so much energy, so much mana used in a quick amount of time on such a powerful spell, tears spilled down her cheeks as blood trickled from her nose, her knees growing weak from her effort. This has to work...it has to...I have no other choice... She thought, her strength quickly lessening as she struggled to keep the wall up...

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:54 pm

Somewhere in Achisia
A field of death

Celio's triumphant expression quickly turned into one of mild confusion, as Julie placed her hand over his, looking at him with those blue eyes of hers...and as she started to speak... her soft voice seemed to come from another world, just so different from the darkness and the screams around them. What she said seemed to strike a chord with the red eyed boy, who hesitated as she slid his hand away, taking a step back. Those few moments of hesitation where all that Julie had needed in order to focus on her spell, so before her archenemy was even able to react - she started to chant, a large golden circle of light forming beneath her feet. The boy took a step back, covering his face with his hands, nearly blinded by that golden light, and the circle began to spin as the brunette Archbishop of Kindness threw her arms forward. Walls of light appeared all around them, all around the moving horde, blocking the undead and holding them into place. In any other night, in any other day, this might have worked, with the girl using the powers of Benevolentia to sustain such a spell. But this was a crimson and bloody night, a night of magic and power and domination.. and she had none of that. Her walls were weak, and the undead were rushing forward like waves, breaking them and trying to move forward, as she stubbornly refused to give up, creating them again, and again, and again. It was exhausting, too exhausting, forcing her to use too much of her mana, too much of her lifeforce.. and she started to cry as blood trickled from her nose, all while Celio was watching her, unable to comprehend what was happening in front of him... and then he realized.

"Stop! You.. you can't..", the poor black haired boy tried to say, still trying to shield his eyes from that horrible light, but of course.. she wouldn't listen to him. She wanted to be a hero, she desperately wanted to save those that his undead might put into danger.. he couldn't stop the undead, he couldn't oppose Invidia like that, he couldn't.. he just couldn't, just thinking about that made him feel as if the cuffs around his wrists and ankles and the metallic collar around his neck started to burn.. but he wouldn't.. he wouldn't let her kill herself.. not like that, she couldn't.. she couldn't die, no matter what, .. the thought of her dying was too horrible for him to grasp. He whispered something, as the snakes curled around him brutally bit into his skin and flesh to get to his blood. He clenched his fists as he started to chant, listening to what she was chanting, putting all of his knowledge, all of his hope, all of his feelings, all of his mana, into this counter-chant. Crimson magical circles started to appear in front of him, one after another, as he closed his eyes, careful to every word, to every sound, gripping all the magic that he could, forcing it to follow his will. Power through dominance, magic through dominance.

Shadowy snake like figures started to appear around her, coiling around, binding her much like her chains had bound the hero before. Celio started to chant faster and faster, and then, out of a sudden.. he stopped.

"I'm sorry..", he whispered.

He was a dark mage, after all. He had no idea how to break a chant without hurting the enemy mage, at least a little.

But it was to save her.. it was worth it.

Julie could feel the pain of snakes biting her.. and then nothing.

When she would eventually wake up.. the night had ended, the sky was back to its pure, blue color - and the golden sun was shining brightly above her. The Night of the Bloody Moons was over for them, the darkness had once again returned to its evil lairs, and the might and glory of the Gods and of the Light was there for all to see.

She was lying on the ground.. surrounded by silence. As she would stand up, she would quickly notice that all traces of what had happened last night were gone.. the ground was no longer soaked in blood, the bones and the rusty weapons had disappeared, and there was no trace of the undead or of Ekaitz..the only sign that anything at all had happened here was the dead ground, burnt and devoid of all life. But after a couple moments.. she quickly realized that she actually wasn't alone.

A certain black haired boy was just lying with his back on the ground, not saying anything and not giving any sign that he might have noticed her. He was still wearing his black and red clothes from last night, with the sleeves in tattered and stained by dried blood, with too many scars on his hands to count. The crown - the silver snake was still there, on his head, and a certain scythe had been thrown on the ground next to him. It almost looked as if he had just decided to get down and to sleep right after he had attacked her like that, in the middle of the night. But his eyes.. his crimson eyes were completely hollow, empty - much like his emotionless expression.

He looked.. dead...

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:16 pm

A field of death

Celio's triumphant expression quickly turned into one of mild confusion, as Julie placed her hand over his, looking at him with those blue eyes of hers...and as she started to speak... her soft voice seemed to come from another world, just so different from the darkness and the screams around them. What she said seemed to strike a chord with the red eyed boy, who hesitated as she slid his hand away, taking a step back. Those few moments of hesitation where all that Julie had needed in order to focus on her spell, so before her archenemy was even able to react - she started to chant, a large golden circle of light forming beneath her feet. The boy took a step back, covering his face with his hands, nearly blinded by that golden light, and the circle began to spin as the brunette Archbishop of Kindness threw her arms forward. Walls of light appeared all around them, all around the moving horde, blocking the undead and holding them into place. In any other night, in any other day, this might have worked, with the girl using the powers of Benevolentia to sustain such a spell. But this was a crimson and bloody night, a night of magic and power and domination.. and she had none of that. Her walls were weak, and the undead were rushing forward like waves, breaking them and trying to move forward, as she stubbornly refused to give up, creating them again, and again, and again. It was exhausting, too exhausting, forcing her to use too much of her mana, too much of her lifeforce.. and she started to cry as blood trickled from her nose, all while Celio was watching her, unable to comprehend what was happening in front of him... and then he realized.

"Stop! You.. you can't..", the poor black haired boy tried to say, still trying to shield his eyes from that horrible light, but of course.. she wouldn't listen to him. She wanted to be a hero, she desperately wanted to save those that his undead might put into danger.. he couldn't stop the undead, he couldn't oppose Invidia like that, he couldn't.. he just couldn't, just thinking about that made him feel as if the cuffs around his wrists and ankles and the metallic collar around his neck started to burn.. but he wouldn't.. he wouldn't let her kill herself.. not like that, she couldn't.. she couldn't die, no matter what, .. the thought of her dying was too horrible for him to grasp. He whispered something, as the snakes curled around him brutally bit into his skin and flesh to get to his blood. He clenched his fists as he started to chant, listening to what she was chanting, putting all of his knowledge, all of his hope, all of his feelings, all of his mana, into this counter-chant. Crimson magical circles started to appear in front of him, one after another, as he closed his eyes, careful to every word, to every sound, gripping all the magic that he could, forcing it to follow his will. Power through dominance, magic through dominance.

Shadowy snake like figures started to appear around her, coiling around, binding her much like her chains had bound the hero before. Celio started to chant faster and faster, and then, out of a sudden.. he stopped.

"I'm sorry..", he whispered.

He was a dark mage, after all. He had no idea how to break a chant without hurting the enemy mage, at least a little.

But it was to save her.. it was worth it.

Julie could feel the pain of snakes biting her.. and then nothing.

When she would eventually wake up.. the night had ended, the sky was back to its pure, blue color - and the golden sun was shining brightly above her. The Night of the Bloody Moons was over for them, the darkness had once again returned to its evil lairs, and the might and glory of the Gods and of the Light was there for all to see.

She was lying on the ground.. surrounded by silence. As she would stand up, she would quickly notice that all traces of what had happened last night were gone.. the ground was no longer soaked in blood, the bones and the rusty weapons had disappeared, and there was no trace of the undead or of Ekaitz..the only sign that anything at all had happened here was the dead ground, burnt and devoid of all life. But after a couple moments.. she quickly realized that she actually wasn't alone.

A certain black haired boy was just lying with his back on the ground, not saying anything and not giving any sign that he might have noticed her. He was still wearing his black and red clothes from last night, with the sleeves in tattered and stained by dried blood, with too many scars on his hands to count. The crown - the silver snake was still there, on his head, and a certain scythe had been thrown on the ground next to him. It almost looked as if he had just decided to get down and to sleep right after he had attacked her like that, in the middle of the night. But his eyes.. his crimson eyes were completely hollow, empty - much like his emotionless expression.

He looked.. dead...

As she struggled to hold the wall up, her lifeforce quickly lessoning, her arms growing heavy with the effort of keeping such a powerful spell up, she heard him asking her to stop, that she couldn't, and she squeezed her eyes shut. "I...I have to..!" She yelled to him, the pain leaking into her strained voice, her body only feeling weaker as she struggled with the spell. She wanted to look at him, to see how he was reacting, to know if he felt any regret, any concern...but she couldn't. She couldn't even look at her wall anymore, it was too painful...she had to focus on her chant. Her words were coming out weaker, more pained, the blood continuing to leak from her nose, now from her ears as well. The world felt muffled, like static...she almost couldn't hear herself anymore. Her magical circle began to flicker, and the wall was beginning to shatter at the slightest touch. Yet, she continued, her breathing becoming labored, her words less frequent...

And then she felt it. The snakes, slithering around her limbs, pulling her to the ground, to her knees, just as she had done to Ekaitz. She could barely open her eyes as she tried to breathe, her chants only coming as a fleeting whisper as her magical circle finally began to fade, her heartbeat slowing as she sank. It was over. This was it. He whispered something, something she couldn't hear...she wanted to look at him, she wanted to see his face, if he was angry or proud or sad, but her vision was blurring...and even as the snakes bit her, as she cried out in agony, she...felt numb. Maybe this was it. Maybe this was what death felt like. She could only watch in fleeting consciousness as her wall shattered and fell in one fatal swoop, finally collapsing to the ground, facing darkness and numbness, with only two words in her mind: I'm sorry.

But it wasn't the end. When she opened her eyes, it wasn't on the battlefield. It was a world of white, and there, in front of her, she saw her. Julie's heart seized at the sight of the goddess, her curly brown hair flowing gently against her back, her golden band around her head only showing her importance. "...I'm sorry," Julie spoke, her heart heavy with guilt, unsure of what she should say to her idol. The goddess turned slightly as she began to speak, listening carefully to the small brunette as she fell to her knees before the woman. "I...I just...I wanted to save everyone, I wanted to help him, I wanted to show Ekaitz that I could do it, I--" She stopped, feeling the tears begin to flow down her cheeks as she confessed. "--I wanted to show everyone I could do as you wanted, that I could carry your word out, that I could...that I could be kind to everyone!" She cried, turning her eyes to the floor, ashamed. How could she have failed her goddess so horribly? What a sham she truly was... "I'm so sorry, Benevolentia...I wanted to do my best, and in the end, I just failed everyone..." She choked, her expression furrowing as she closed her eyes, the tears falling to the white floor as she did. "...I don't deserve to be your Archbishop...all I have done is fail you..."

"No," Her voice echoed through the room, the elegance of the simple word almost astounding as she turned to the girl, her bright green eyes only showing kindness as she approached the girl, kneeling and pulling her chin up. "...you haven't failed me, sweetheart...you have only done what you thought was best..." She spoke, her soft eyes piercingly beautiful as she looked at the sobbing girl, sympathy and kindness the only expressions she showed. "...I understand you think you've done horrible things...but you did what you could, what you thought was the most kind thing to do..." She gently rubbed a tear away from the blue-eyed girl's cheek, a kind smile on her face as she did, practically glowing. "...but I--so many will die for what I have done...this is irreparable...I can't come back from this..." Julie answered, choking back a sob as she did. Benevolentia smiled more in response, shaking her head as she did. "No, child...you can...you may not be able to change the past, but you can change the future. You can't let their deaths be for nothing, Juliette...save the boy, just like you wanted...then, we can save those souls from the dark arts, and let all of them pass on peacefully, as intended." She pulled the mortal girl into a soft hug after she spoke, allowing the girl to hug her back as she did. "Carry out your mission, sweetheart. I promise we will show kindness and freedom to them all...and I will be with you every step of the way."

Julie sniffled, pulling away from the hug and rubbing her eyes as Benevolentia gently brushed a few strands of Julie's hair out of her face, her kindness emanating from her, calming Julie in her very presence. The Virtuous goddess looked away for a moment, before she looked back to the girl. "...now, I'm afraid that it's time for you to go...but please, don't forget that I will always be here with you..." She told her, gently kissing Julie on the forehead, evoking a small smile from the girl. "...thank you, Benevolentia...I promise, I won't let you down...I will do what I must..." She answered, a determined look slowly returning to her wet face. Benevolentia smiled again and gave a soft chuckle. "Very good. I'm proud of you, Juliette. I know you'll go far beyond my expectations." She responded. "Now go, there's someone that may be waiting for you out there..." And then, in a moment, without another chance at another word, Julie faded into blackness, already missing the golden presence of her Virtue.

In another moment, she opened her eyes, looking up to see the clear blue sky, and the sun shining alongside it. She sat up, feeling sore and pained, but she quickly whispered a small healing spell to herself, and already found that she'd begun to feel better. Slowly, she stood, still feeling awfully weak and drained after the previous night...but as she looked around, she was surprised. The blood was gone, the horde was gone, and so were all of the weapons and armor. The only thing that remained was the scorched earth...and Celio. He had the same clothes as before, his sleeves tattered and covered in blood, many awful, clear scars shown on his hands and wrists, that made her heart ache with sympathy for what he must've done to get all of those marks. His silver crown remained on his head, and his scythe laid at his side (though she admitted she kind of wanted to pick it up and throw it a fair distance away), showing that rather than being killed, he had chosen to lay down that way. Perhaps the most alarming sight were his hollow, open red eyes, staring at the sky, presumably unseeing.

She was terrified to know the answer of why he might look that way. Had he died from using too much mana, just as she nearly had? Wouldn't the Night have prevented him from doing so? Had the toll truly been so great that the effects lasted even after the night ended? Unsurely, she bent down at his side, placing her face over his, blocking his view of the sky to better evaluate his state. She knew pulse wouldn't work as she'd tried it last time...and she furrowed her brow as she studied his expression carefully. "...you aren't dead, are you..?" She asked him softly with a frown, worry showing in her blue eyes. Without waiting for an answer, she pulled out her small mana potion, gently placing the bottle to his lips, albeit a bit forcefully. "...it would be a shame for you to die without a chance for me to prove what I said, you know..." She spoke again, hoping anything she was doing would evoke some kind of reaction...her worry only growing the longer he didn't respond.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:50 am

Somewhere in Achisia
A field of death
The next day

The black haired boy didn't seem to notice her at all at the beginning.. just lying there, his eyes hazy and unfocused. He made mo move to stop her as she took out that small bottle.. his chocking involuntarily on the magical potion being the first sign of live that he had given ever since Julie had woken up. And yet, he remained silent, even if the potion seemed to help him a little - bringing some more color to his extremely pale, almost drained of color skin. His eyes continued to be hollow, empty.. until his eyes welled with tears, rolling down his cheeks as he covered his face with his hands, sniffing and desperately trying to remain calm..until he finally burst into sobs.

"I don't.. I don't understand.. w-why.. why are you d-doing.. this? W-why d-do you p-pretend to w-want t-to s-save me? I'm.. I'm not.. I'm not.. w-worth it.. you.. you should j-just k-kill me.. I'm.. I'm just.. a m-monster.." Like a child now, Celio was desperately trying to resist this urge to cry, covering his eyes with his hands as if him not seeing the world around him meant that no one could see him either, that he could hide for everything during this weak and shameful moment. "I couldn't.. I couldn't d-do anything.. I couldn't resist her.. I couldn't r-resist the n-night.. I couldn't.. I couldn't c-control m-myself..again.. and again.. I p-promised m-myself that.. I wouldn't.. I wouldn't hurt anyone.. ever.. ever again.. and then.. then the chains break me and hold me down and I can't.. I can't do anything..b-but.. even so.. even so.. I'm j-just.. a monster.. I enjoyed it.. I enjoyed all of i-it.... awakening the d-dead, each spell, attacking and hurting t-that p-prince. .and I even.. I even enjoyed.. hurting you.. I c-cause so much.. p-pain, and so much d-death.. I should just.. I should just die.."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse