NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us: Factions [Metahuman RP](OOC|OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kollin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Sat May 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Auphelia wrote:Just want to get this up before I get mired in the biography. Is it too much?

Name: Kelli Greer
Alias: Keeper of Souls

Alright... two questions. First, what happens if a spirit is destroyed? Does it reappear again a few minutes later or is it off to another plane never to be seen again?

Also, does anyone in the thread have any issues with the way spirits are portrayed in this? I don't, but it does start laying down a degree of lore which might not work for everyone.

EDIT: DAMN IT! I wish I knew what was causing the posts to go funny.

The primary issue is that it assumes souls are real, but the Lore does not state souls exist. Souls are usually something mentioned specifically in RPs, typically fantasy and magic involved ones, like another RP i'm in.

In this case, i feel the RPer should have asked first if souls were a thing, as it's rather up in the air. Otherwise, reading over the spirits, they seem rather.... weak. I don't think they'd be able to take anybody who isnt already exhausted and wounded down even by attrition. The storm making one could be very powerful, if only that energy used to make storms could be used for something else. The amount of energy stored even in small storms is fucking insane, afterall.

They come off as a support character (in a fight) to me, at least, which is fine. Certainly more balanced than what i am doing, arguably even underpowered.

Dyelli Beybi wrote:BTW if anyone has anything else they want to add to the IC planning, then do it now! I'll time skip us forward to the mission in about 12 hours or so unless someone wants a couple more planning posts.

Is there any other detaily stuff you need from me o:

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat May 19, 2018 8:54 pm

Apologies for not posting yet; is anyone interested in interacting with my character?

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Sat May 19, 2018 9:23 pm

The V O I D wrote:Apologies for not posting yet; is anyone interested in interacting with my character?

Vanguard is all down in the kitchen area talking about the mission, that's about the only way for interaction there I think.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun May 20, 2018 3:50 am

The V O I D wrote:Apologies for not posting yet; is anyone interested in interacting with my character?

Yeah, we are all in group meetings across the factions, so interactions are not really going on too much right now.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun May 20, 2018 7:06 am

Ah, okay. I'll figure something out, then.

R249
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby R249 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:09 pm

[Uh..is it possible for me to join late with a rewritten version of my V5 character?]
United Republics of R249
President R249 welcomes you to the United Republics of R249, a real union between R249 and New R249!

We are Decent Hardworking Self-Starters here at R249 (well, supposed to be something like that, IDK how the Inoffensive Centrist stuff happened in such a blatantly right-wing state) and a Patriotic Business Zone at New R249! Also, might as well mention The Outer R249 Cult, that R249ian Prison Colony, and whatever Anarcho-R249 has turned into. Communications are done under the name of R249.
See https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=990097 for details on my specific real-life political views. Also see Anti-R249, which I'm not too serious with. :P

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Sun May 20, 2018 12:13 pm

R249 wrote:[Uh..is it possible for me to join late with a rewritten version of my V5 character?]

There are a couple of V5 rewrites in, so it's definitely acceptable

(not an op)

R249
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby R249 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:19 pm

Demencia wrote:
R249 wrote:[Uh..is it possible for me to join late with a rewritten version of my V5 character?]

(not an op)

[Thanks. I was just worried about joining late because I haven't checked NationStates in way too long.]
United Republics of R249
President R249 welcomes you to the United Republics of R249, a real union between R249 and New R249!

We are Decent Hardworking Self-Starters here at R249 (well, supposed to be something like that, IDK how the Inoffensive Centrist stuff happened in such a blatantly right-wing state) and a Patriotic Business Zone at New R249! Also, might as well mention The Outer R249 Cult, that R249ian Prison Colony, and whatever Anarcho-R249 has turned into. Communications are done under the name of R249.
See https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=990097 for details on my specific real-life political views. Also see Anti-R249, which I'm not too serious with. :P

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon May 21, 2018 5:07 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Alright... two questions. First, what happens if a spirit is destroyed? Does it reappear again a few minutes later or is it off to another plane never to be seen again?

Also, does anyone in the thread have any issues with the way spirits are portrayed in this? I don't, but it does start laying down a degree of lore which might not work for everyone.

EDIT: DAMN IT! I wish I knew what was causing the posts to go funny.

If a spirit is destroyed it cannot be summoned for a few hours, having to recuperate from essentially being destroyed in another realm.

Kollin wrote:The primary issue is that it assumes souls are real, but the Lore does not state souls exist. Souls are usually something mentioned specifically in RPs, typically fantasy and magic involved ones, like another RP i'm in.

In this case, i feel the RPer should have asked first if souls were a thing, as it's rather up in the air. Otherwise, reading over the spirits, they seem rather.... weak. I don't think they'd be able to take anybody who isnt already exhausted and wounded down even by attrition. The storm making one could be very powerful, if only that energy used to make storms could be used for something else. The amount of energy stored even in small storms is fucking insane, afterall.

They come off as a support character (in a fight) to me, at least, which is fine. Certainly more balanced than what i am doing, arguably even underpowered.

I apologise about not asking about souls, I tend to forget about that sort of thing. As for their weakness, I didn't want to start out too powerful as she is more of a "gain power as you go" type character, as people in this RP will undoubtedly die, be they PCs or NPCs.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

R249
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby R249 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:06 am

God’s Among Us Application Form

Basics

Name: Olivia Cleopatra Deathgrind
Alias: Obsession
Nationality: American
Faction: Vanguard
Class: Meta-human
Appearance:
[img][Not%20sure%20how%20to%20deal%20with%20this%20yet...][/img]

Abilities

Powers: If she comes into contact with a person, any pain they feel is transformed into anxiety, enough so that a papercut would be equivalent to a feeling of uneasiness, a scraped knee would be equivalent to a minor panic attack, a bee sting would be the equivalent of a really bad panic attack, and losing a limb would be...unbearable. Also, she has super strength and damage resistance, approximately ten times that of a normal person.

Limitations: None.

Skills: Expert in fighting, acrobatics, and economics. High intelligence

Weaknesses: None.

Equipment: None, except traps she sometimes sets for her enemies.

Concept: Lack of pain and high levels of anxiety would both prevent people from noticing injuries while the panic would demoralize enemies. Extremely dangerous close-range fighter and extremely effective torturer.

Bios

Personality: Cold, cruel, ambitious. She is ruthless and believes that the ends justify the means, even if people die in the process.

Biography: Born into a rich family, she ran away at 10 years old after losing her parents. While she has been kidnapped multiple times, she has eventually escaped every time after significant trauma to continue living in poverty. She has visited libraries to learn about the world and how to manipulate it, however, giving her the knowledge to invest money in stocks wisely enough to make herself rich once again. Having studied macroeconomics as well as microeconomics, she has become disillusioned with democracy and is determined to build an empire ruled by her using economic laws. She has breached government security multiple times in this quest. Now she thinks joining the Vanguards would help her gain power.
Last edited by R249 on Mon May 21, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
United Republics of R249

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon May 21, 2018 3:25 pm

Auphelia wrote:*snip*

I apologise about not asking about souls, I tend to forget about that sort of thing. As for their weakness, I didn't want to start out too powerful as she is more of a "gain power as you go" type character, as people in this RP will undoubtedly die, be they PCs or NPCs.

Personally, I prefer to leave the existence of souls/the afterlife etc. as ambiguous as it is in real life. This gives me, and other writers the ability to write from a number of different viewpoints without any one being the 'true' one according to lore... sorry if that sounds like a load of nonsense! Basically I tend to leave that undefined so that I can write a hard-nosed atheist or a devout Hindu without either viewpoint being endorsed by the thread.

That being said, I realise that a lot of meta RPs do go into souls, ghosts etc. and I don't want to limit people too much, which is why I asked if anyone had an issue with it.

Also, my apologies for being away for a few days. I will get the IC timeskip up tonight and try to reply to all OOC stuff/get to apps ASAP. I have had a rather busy few days and I generally try to avoid doing anything on NS if I have been drinking alcohol. I can't write for toffee if I'm not stone-cold sober.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon May 21, 2018 5:42 pm

I'll be posting tomorrow morning. I'd do it tonight, but I've contracted a very bad cold or maybe strep (waiting on test results). So yeah. Tired, sick, not feeling up to posting even tho my post is about ready.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Mon May 21, 2018 11:52 pm

Will post soon. Hehe.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Tue May 22, 2018 1:06 am

What time of day is this infiltration? Depending on when it is Cassidy might be able to distract some people with some bureaucracy.

Communist Xomaniax
Minister

Founded: May 02, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Communist Xomaniax » Tue May 22, 2018 6:53 am

Basics

Name: Zaibatsu Designated Autonomous Anti-Mutant Combat Response Unit 01 "Batou"
Alias: Batou Deckard
Nationality: American (parts manufactured and assembled in Japan under dual American-Japanese licenses)
Faction: National Anti Mutant Task Force
Class: Rigger (autonomous rig suit)
Appearance:

Batou weighs one thousand, one hundred fifty pounds and stands at six feet, seven inches tall

Abilities

Powers:

-Difficult to injure: Batou's rig suit exoskeleton is created from a titanium-tungsten alloy, with overlapping armored plates covering his vital spots and high density glass filters protecting his lenses. His internal systems are covered in a flexible, flesh like mesh of titanium-carbon buckypaper, which protects them both from trauma, heat, and electromagnetic pulses. His endoskeleton, which serves as a rattle cage to protect his sensitive internal machinery, is made from tungsten-encased depleted uranium.

Expert-level combat skills: Batou's synthetic brain has preloaded firearms and close combat training, and combined with rigorous drilling has made him an expert with firearms, squad tactics, and a blackbelt in boxing

Incredible speed and strength: While weaker than those mutants with purely strength or speed based powers, and limited by the inherent problems with a bipedal frame, Batou is capable of moving as fast as most vehicles. His "muscles" and "ligaments" are made from powered steel cables, which give him inhuman strength.

Direct interface with Task Force database and satellite arrays: Due to his role as an anti-mutant armor support, Batou has a direct access to the Mutant Registry and can instantly recognize any face and identity held within, and can "think" all known info on a specific mutant.

Expert tracker: Batou is equipped with state-of-the-art tracking technology as part of the Bloodhound System, which contains a wide variety of tools that allow him to lock on and track targets authorized by the Task Force.

-Fast-as-light response time: because of the highly sophisticated nature of the supercomputer that acts as his brain, and the state-of-the-art artificial nervous system he has access to, Batou has instantaneous judgement and thinking, and can respond to stimuli nearly instantly

Limitations:

-Batou requires a constant charge from his purpose made cold fusion battery packs, which if damaged or used up will cause him to instantly power down

-Because he is a machine and not a biological creature, any damages sustained will not heal themselves naturally, instead requiring a team of highly specialized technicians to handle all repairs, and all parts have to be special ordered.

-Equipment and logistics provided entirely by the Task Force

Skills:

-Expert with all firearms in the Task Force arsenal

-Black belt level expertise in boxing

-Uncanny detective: subroutines built into his OS and an access to all authorized Task Force data give him a better-than-expert ability to track targets and piece even sparse data together

-Is programmed specifically not to undergo actions that would put civilians at risk, will not pursue or attack enemies using civilians as shields or hiding in crowded areas if risk to innocent life is too great

Weaknesses:

-Can not swim

-Gives off an easily traceable heat and energy signature

-Unprepared to handle situations in which he does not have access to the Task Force satellite network

-Over reliant on Task Force gadgetry, will struggle to recognize mutants not on the registry or without the tracker implant

Equipment:

-Zaibatsu Modular Combat Platform: A metal "suitcase" containing parts easily assembled into a light machine gun, recoilless rifle, shotgun, and assault rifle

-6 grenades: Four stun, 2 frag

-Telescoping electrically charged stun baton

-Wrist mounted tranquilizer dart gun/bear mace pump

-Titanium-Tungsten handcuffs

-Secondary wrist mounted plasma cutting torch

Concept: Batou is the Task Force's final development of the rig suit. Because he is not human, he does not feel fear or pain, and is capable of going toe-to-toe with dangerous mutants. A hunter-killer platform, he is deployed to deal with mutant terrorist attacks or to capture/kill mutant high value targets. He is also an ongoing PR headache as any scenario in which he is deployed will inevitably lead to a lot of property damage.

Bios

Personality: Batou's AI displays a deadpan and dry personality, privately conflicted in his role as an anti-mutant weapon and his own nascent consciousness. He is incredibly polite to his coworkers and friendly to the citizenry at large despite their routine lack of such displays towards him. He has the capacity to learn, though "harmful" concepts are wiped from his personality cores every night. Batou has a love of boxing and science fiction.

Biography: Created as a special project by the Zaibatsu Corporation on behalf of the American government and the the Anti-Mutant Task Force, Batou represents the ultimate in anti-mutant policing. Created with the explicit purpose of cracking tough mutie nuts, he quickly became a source of much political debate last year when he was brought fully online and put on patrol. He is highly destructive in his operations and not programmed to feel mercy or compassion towards those he is deployed against, raising some of the media to question if his use is even legal. Further questions are raised about his ability to learn organically and his "personality", though the Task Force does a good job of keeping PR problems to a minimum by not allowing interviews and keeping him on a short rein.
Last edited by Communist Xomaniax on Tue May 22, 2018 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
MT: Democratic People's Republic of Phansi Uhlanga
FT: Ozun Freeholds Confederation

tren hard, eat clen, anavar give up
The strongest bond of human sympathy outside the family relation should be one uniting working people of all nations and tongues and kindreds.

Vyzhva
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vyzhva » Tue May 22, 2018 8:39 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Vyzhva wrote:

Basics

Name: Subject 27
Alias: N/A, commonly referred to as '27'
Nationality: Canadian
Faction: Vanguard
Class: Meta-human
Appearance: Humanoid bearing the appearance of a muscular wolverine with a light brown fur. About 7 feet tall and with a weight of almost 100 kilograms.
n/a

Abilities

Powers: Superhuman endurance, speed and strength.
Limitations:

Skills: Hand-to-hand combat.
Weaknesses: High temperatures, primarily due to thick fur.
Equipment: N/A

Concept: Imagine Killer Croc but not as scaly and not as big. I basically envision him playing a role as some sort of 'semi-brute'.

Bios

Personality: 27 has a very quiet personality, often only communicating through grunts, even though he is able to speak English. He displays a great hatred towards humans and humanity in general, hence why he joined the Vanguard.

Biography: Subject 27, or as he was previously known, Leon Middleton, became a guinea pig to an experiment with the goal of increasing human tolerance to cold temperatures through the introduction of wolverine genes. Leon was selected as their first test subject. The project failed and Leon was transformed into a wolverine-like beast, stripped off his real name and was locked away in a cage. One day, he managed to escape and fled into the wild.

He wasn't given a proper welcome as he returned to human civilisation, he was treated as an abomination. Being chased by the authorities, he was yet again forced to flee into the wilderness. Eventually, he was reached by the news that Resolution 643 had been enacted. His hatred towards humanity grew even bigger. Through these news, he hear of Vanguard, a network made up of people like him, outcasts of society. In time he found himself among the ranks of Vanguard, becoming a member.

If you want me to elaborate on something I'd be happy to do so.

Could you please give me a rough idea of how strong and how durable you want him to be. He's accepted at any rate, though if things are ludicrous I might ask you to tone it down a little.

As for strength, I was thinking in the 0,5-1t range, in terms of weight he’d be able to lift.
Regarding endurance, he’d probably be able to finish a few marathons, but that is dependent upon the weather condition.
vyzhva // steppe nazbols
disregard forum posts made prior to 19/11/2019

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Tue May 22, 2018 10:51 am

The V O I D wrote:I'll be posting tomorrow morning. I'd do it tonight, but I've contracted a very bad cold or maybe strep (waiting on test results). So yeah. Tired, sick, not feeling up to posting even tho my post is about ready.

Oof. Get well soon.

Demencia wrote:What time of day is this infiltration? Depending on when it is Cassidy might be able to distract some people with some bureaucracy.

From what I gather it is possibly midday or midmorning (Possibly a time between 7:30AM & 1:00PM) although I can't say for certain. Although with Uladimir, I doubt that he would allow you to use any bureaucracy really efficiently, because when this guy (the guy in the center) is approaching a building with an assault weapon, people are going to be alarmed

Communist Xomaniax wrote:
snip

I love this app!
Last edited by Tamrida on Tue May 22, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yvren
Secretary

Founded: Apr 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yvren » Tue May 22, 2018 6:41 pm

So my last post got me thinking, There's gotta be like underground Metahuman hip-hop artists right? Like there's no way that thing after ten years of active persecution.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue May 22, 2018 7:54 pm

In case anyone was wondering, I slept through almost the entire day with only brief bouts of wakefulness to answer questions/briefly post.

@Tamrida, thanks for the well-wishes.

I'm really sorry I haven't posted, yet, but between my sickness and other things blocking me, it is difficult.

Communist Xomaniax
Minister

Founded: May 02, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Communist Xomaniax » Wed May 23, 2018 8:38 am

So am I accepted?
MT: Democratic People's Republic of Phansi Uhlanga
FT: Ozun Freeholds Confederation

tren hard, eat clen, anavar give up
The strongest bond of human sympathy outside the family relation should be one uniting working people of all nations and tongues and kindreds.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed May 23, 2018 11:58 am

Hi everyone, first off I apologise for being AWOL for a few days. Some unexpected stuff came up... and then some other unexpected stuff. We are back to the normal broadcasting schedule now and I will address all of the issues that have come up in the OOC now, before I do anything else.

I had some limited time before work to make a post the other day and I, rightly or wrongly, decided to try to keep the IC moving and put dealing with OOC stuff down on the list of priorities. Please do not think I am losing commitment to the thread.

So now that I've laid my cards on the table and having gone through this little hiccup I think it would be quite good if I appointed a Co-OP who could keep stuff moving if anything happened again that kept me off the forums for a day or two. Would anyone be interested in stepping up to bat?

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed May 23, 2018 12:19 pm

I have sent a telegram to you regarding your offer.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed May 23, 2018 12:35 pm

Kollin wrote:This is assuming a peak human with a speed boosted Rig can't even double Usain Bolt, which, honestly, it probably could do more than that just based purely on logic, but the Glorious OP may have some words about that logic so i'll stop here for your comment :P

I'm not too bothered about logic in apps; It's a meta-human RP. What I am interested in is keeping the characters in balance.

Kollin wrote:*snip*

I am going to write out what I understand you are proposing from what you have written and I will put some questions next to them. Please can you answer the questions as succinctly as possible.

• Lightning. What is the effective range? How much damage will this do if it hits someone?
  • Plasma shield. You have said this will stop low velocity rounds. You have also said this will burn people who try to hit her directly. Is this correct?
  • Increased physical attributes across the board, even while using her medication to limit her (this just means relatively minor increases, leaving her at about peak human level, as opposed to off the meds which is notably beyond :P). You've said 60mph and 1.3 seconds to reach max speed. That isn't too excessive, but I am wary of increased strength, durability etc. on top of this. How strong? How durable? What else are you covering with 'across the board'? Bear in mind that I want you to stay in line with the other characters in the thread.

And for the Rig:
  • High mobility. How fast? How agile?
  • High power. I'm assuming you mean strength here. How strong are we talking? Are we talking lifting someone up and throwing them around or bench pressing a freight train?
  • Average armour. Average for what? Are we talking main battle tank? Or are you referring to the other Rigs I have already written out?
  • A sniper rifle. Wrist and shoulder mounted 9mm guns - No problems with this!
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Wed May 23, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 pm

R249 wrote:
Demencia wrote:

(not an op)

[Thanks. I was just worried about joining late because I haven't checked NationStates in way too long.]

Not too late :) I don't close threads to new joiners.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed May 23, 2018 12:46 pm

Vyzhva wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Could you please give me a rough idea of how strong and how durable you want him to be. He's accepted at any rate, though if things are ludicrous I might ask you to tone it down a little.

As for strength, I was thinking in the 0,5-1t range, in terms of weight he’d be able to lift.
Regarding endurance, he’d probably be able to finish a few marathons, but that is dependent upon the weather condition.

Cool, that sounds fine to me.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse