NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us: Factions [Metahuman RP](OOC|OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:46 pm

United City States of Oceania wrote:So is this sort of like the X-Men?

Kind of, there is a real X-Men vs. Brotherhood of Mutants vs Government vibe to it.

United City States of Oceania
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:21 pm

Tamrida wrote:
United City States of Oceania wrote:So is this sort of like the X-Men?

Kind of, there is a real X-Men vs. Brotherhood of Mutants vs Government vibe to it.

Ok.
Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Dentali wrote:
What is this? Captain America: Civil War?

No that had attractive people

This is the realistic version of that movie, then.

Uttland wrote:Why are the Reeds speaking Baguette? Don’t they know that in America we don’t tolerate Muslim languages like Baguette?

Liriena wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Would you give your kid to the Donald? Why or why not?

I wouldn't give him a f**king cockroach to look after. He'd probably nominate it for SCOTUS.

Communist Xomaniax
Minister

Founded: May 02, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Communist Xomaniax » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:51 pm

Gonna send Batou to the building Sanctuary is gonna hit
MT: Democratic People's Republic of Phansi Uhlanga
FT: Ozun Freeholds Confederation

tren hard, eat clen, anavar give up
The strongest bond of human sympathy outside the family relation should be one uniting working people of all nations and tongues and kindreds.

Kollin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Hi everyone, I can't help but notice that the posting in the IC has been a little slow of late. I would like to lift things up a notch and throw us all into the long-awaited fight scene. So if anyone has anything they want to post before that happens, make it now!

IC's tend to slow down when their OP's get busy :P

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:25 am

Communist Xomaniax wrote:Gonna send Batou to the building Sanctuary is gonna hit

Sounds good, just remember to keep it more discreate so you don't alert any meta-human groups.

R249
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby R249 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:25 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
R249 wrote:
God’s Among Us Application Form

Basics

Name: Olivia Cleopatra Deathgrind
Alias: Obsession
Nationality: American
Faction: Vanguard
Class: Meta-human
Appearance:
([url=[Not%20sure%20how%20to%20deal%20with%20this%20yet...]]Image[/url])

Abilities

Powers: If she comes into contact with a person, any pain they feel is transformed into anxiety, enough so that a papercut would be equivalent to a feeling of uneasiness, a scraped knee would be equivalent to a minor panic attack, a bee sting would be the equivalent of a really bad panic attack, and losing a limb would be...unbearable. Also, she has super strength and damage resistance, approximately ten times that of a normal person.

Limitations: None.

Skills: Expert in fighting, acrobatics, and economics. High intelligence

Weaknesses: None.

Equipment: None, except traps she sometimes sets for her enemies.

Concept: Lack of pain and high levels of anxiety would both prevent people from noticing injuries while the panic would demoralize enemies. Extremely dangerous close-range fighter and extremely effective torturer.

Bios

Personality: Cold, cruel, ambitious. She is ruthless and believes that the ends justify the means, even if people die in the process.

Biography: Born into a rich family, she ran away at 10 years old after losing her parents. While she has been kidnapped multiple times, she has eventually escaped every time after significant trauma to continue living in poverty. She has visited libraries to learn about the world and how to manipulate it, however, giving her the knowledge to invest money in stocks wisely enough to make herself rich once again. Having studied macroeconomics as well as microeconomics, she has become disillusioned with democracy and is determined to build an empire ruled by her using economic laws. She has breached government security multiple times in this quest. Now she thinks joining the Vanguards would help her gain power.

So.. if she hits someone they have a nervous breakdown?

I'm working on the assumption when you say 10x normal strength you mean for an average woman, which would mean she'd be lifting something in the vicinity of 0.4 tonnes. 10x durability is a bit harder to quanitify. I'm guessing that does not mean bulletproof though.

No major issues with the app, just want to clarify a couple of bits.

10x average strength. And 10x durability would be enough to make her attacks seem normal to her.
United Republics of R249
President R249 welcomes you to the United Republics of R249, a real union between R249 and New R249!

We are Decent Hardworking Self-Starters here at R249 (well, supposed to be something like that, IDK how the Inoffensive Centrist stuff happened in such a blatantly right-wing state) and a Patriotic Business Zone at New R249! Also, might as well mention The Outer R249 Cult, that R249ian Prison Colony, and whatever Anarcho-R249 has turned into. Communications are done under the name of R249.
See https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=990097 for details on my specific real-life political views. Also see Anti-R249, which I'm not too serious with. :P

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:51 am

R249 wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:
So.. if she hits someone they have a nervous breakdown?

I'm working on the assumption when you say 10x normal strength you mean for an average woman, which would mean she'd be lifting something in the vicinity of 0.4 tonnes. 10x durability is a bit harder to quanitify. I'm guessing that does not mean bulletproof though.

No major issues with the app, just want to clarify a couple of bits.

10x average strength. And 10x durability would be enough to make her attacks seem normal to her.

I believe that Dyelli wants some kind of clarification on what you want for 10x durable.

To phrase it as my own question: From a range of Adverage Joe to Superman levels of durability, how would you rank your character.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:29 am

Tamrida wrote:
R249 wrote:10x average strength. And 10x durability would be enough to make her attacks seem normal to her.

I believe that Dyelli wants some kind of clarification on what you want for 10x durable.

To phrase it as my own question: From a range of Adverage Joe to Superman levels of durability, how would you rank your character.

*nodnod* exactly that! Also, can you please clarify on the business with pain turning into mental trauma? I don't really get it. Is it meant to help allies or hurt enemies?

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:00 am

Alright, sorry for the hold up. Life's decided to actually do something with itself for once, and is trying to drag me in with it. I should be able to get up a post tomorrow, although I can't promise too much in the realms of... Well, quality...

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:57 pm

Granis wrote:Alright, sorry for the hold up. Life's decided to actually do something with itself for once, and is trying to drag me in with it. I should be able to get up a post tomorrow, although I can't promise too much in the realms of... Well, quality...

Not to worry, life creates varrying amounts of posting problems for everyone from time-to-time.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:44 am

Sadly, I think I am going to have to draw this thread to a close; it has been a couple of weeks since anyone but me posted. It is a shame, but sadly I do not think there is the life left in the thread to attempt to resuscitate.

In a large part this is my fault. I simply haven't been active enough to keep everything fresh and moving forward. In previous versions we have had a dedicated base of players who we could rely on posting from time-to-time, but sadly I think that base has dwindled over the years.

That being said I think it would be sad to see the GAU name die like this. There have been some good stories over the years, particularly under Anowa and PL's watches. Is there anyone in the group who would like to have a crack at a new iteration of GAU? All control of the world, backstory etc would go to you. You would, of course, be able to count on me as a player :)

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:25 pm

I don't have the time to run an iteration, but I would almost definitely participate in a revival in some way

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:20 am

Ah, damn it... I'd finally managed to get some level of control back over my time as well. Well, if GAU ever manages to find a new life again, let me know. I wouldn't be able to do it justice as the OP, but I'll still try to worm my way back in with everyone's favourite weapon summoner. TotallybetterthanshirouFIGHTME.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:48 am

I'm chatting to someone about possibly taking over. I'd say GAU is definitely not dead :)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:06 pm

Well, I have signed off on being the next nation to take on the torch of the God's Among Us brand, so I will be making the next thread and am considering making it a sandbox city-based RP thread.

It is still to become more fleshed out in the future, and I plan on posting updates and ideas on here to get some feedback from you all.

But before that all starts, I would like to introduce you to:
God’s Among Us: Reforged
(Title may change depending on people's preference.)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:30 pm

I also scratched up a beta form for the new character application by mashing together parts from other RPs I have seen and would like some feedback on what you think.
God’s Among Us: Reforged
Character Application Form

(Please delete or replace all the stuff in parenthesis, including this.)

Name: (Full name of your character.)
Alias: (Any alias or codenames your character goes by.)
Sexual Orientation: (Sexual orientation of your character.)
Nationality: (The nationality of your character.)
Appearance: (Give us some details of your character in each category as well as a picture if you want.)
    Height:
    Weight:
    Out of Costume Description:
    Costume Description:
    (Structure Pictures like this: [img](Put%20picture%20link%20here)[/img])

Meta-Power: (What is your Meta-Power?)
Subsidiary Powers: (What are other powers that can come from your main Meta-Power? I.E. A character with wind control can create wind drafts and currents for them to fly.)
Limitations: (Are there any conditions or limitations to your Meta-Power usage?)
Weaknesses: (What is a weakness that affects you and your ability to use power?)
Skills: (What are the non-Meta Power based skills?)
Job: (What is your job in society (aside from being a hero/villain) if you have one? I.E. "Klark Cent works as a reporter for a local news company" or you can work as possibly a teacher for other metahumans.)
Notability : (How famous or infamous is your character?)
Equipment: (What is the equipment your character has?)

Personality: (How would you use describe your character's personality?)
Goals: (What goals does your character strive for?)
Setbacks: (What trials and tribulations keep your character from their goal?)

Biography: (What is the biography of your character?)

Also, can someone inform me on what the "#Random Letters and Numbers" does in some of the applications that I have seen?
Last edited by Tamrida on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Tamrida wrote:Also, can someone inform me on what the "#Random Letters and Numbers" does in some of the applications that I have seen?

It makes it easier to find them, because you can put the #Random Letters and Numbers into the search and find all of the apps you might have missed.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Also, can someone inform me on what the "#Random Letters and Numbers" does in some of the applications that I have seen?

It makes it easier to find them, because you can put the #Random Letters and Numbers into the search and find all of the apps you might have missed.

Okay, thanks

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:04 am

Looks good to me...

Only thing I would ask (its probably me being a bit dense) is with the setbacks, are you looking for backstory events or ongoing problems the character has?

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:22 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Looks good to me...

Only thing I would ask (its probably me being a bit dense) is with the setbacks, are you looking for backstory events or ongoing problems the character has?

For setbacks I was thinking the ongoing problems relating to possibly the backstory, equipment, or personality, as the "Limitations" and "Weakness" categories relate more so to Meta-Powers.

I.E. My character's equipment is not good enough to stop the villain' or 'My character's greed blinds them from attaining their goals'

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:01 am

That makes sense... I will drop a couple of characters in as soon as you are up and running!

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:05 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:That makes sense... I will drop a couple of characters in as soon as you are up and running!

Oh, that actually reminds me, I was considering putting on a character limit, because in some rps, that I have seen, people have made about 8+ characters and have them be accepted but then only bothered to use two.

So I was considering a 3 character limit for a player what do you all think?

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:47 pm

Seems completely reasonable to me. The other issue you will find from time-to-time is someone with 8 characters getting into scenes with all the other characters in the thread... then vanishing, bringing the thread to a grinding halt.

Personally I find it hard to write more than two or three characters.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:28 pm

R249
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby R249 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Tamrida wrote:I believe that Dyelli wants some kind of clarification on what you want for 10x durable.

*nodnod* exactly that! Also, can you please clarify on the business with pain turning into mental trauma? I don't really get it. Is it meant to help allies or hurt enemies?

- Closer to Average Joe than Superman, but still superhuman.
- Causing people panic attacks is meant to hurt enemies. The physical pain is simply transformed into emotional pain to disorient them and make them unable to keep track of their injuries.
United Republics of R249
President R249 welcomes you to the United Republics of R249, a real union between R249 and New R249!

We are Decent Hardworking Self-Starters here at R249 (well, supposed to be something like that, IDK how the Inoffensive Centrist stuff happened in such a blatantly right-wing state) and a Patriotic Business Zone at New R249! Also, might as well mention The Outer R249 Cult, that R249ian Prison Colony, and whatever Anarcho-R249 has turned into. Communications are done under the name of R249.
See https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=990097 for details on my specific real-life political views. Also see Anti-R249, which I'm not too serious with. :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse