NATION

PASSWORD

Scales: Secret Lizard (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Scales: Secret Lizard (IC)

Postby Harbertia » Sat May 05, 2018 4:32 am

OOC

GAME ONE
"All rise. Court is in session, the honorable Judge Preston presiding." The room was dimly lit, almost oval shaped- grey the most prominent color. Centered along the back role was an crescent desk upon a dais of which a stern, balding ill looking man in black robes ascended to take his place in the court. Sitting himself down the man said in a business like manner, "You may be seated." As seats where taken the man looked over the court- to his left near the middle of the room and lower then the dais was prosecution. To his right was defense- and in the middle fenced in to an oval platform was the accused. Upon the platform was a stool. Behind them where the stands. "The accused may step forward."
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Sat May 05, 2018 6:46 am

The Defendant

The defendant had a noticeable fidget and drooping brown eyes. His blond hair was unkempt and his suit wrinkled. He stepped forward, trying to carry himself in a dignified manner anyways. He corrected his slouch as he spoke.
“Thank you, Your Honor... I am Gabriel Chambers, and I have been accused of being a...
a Lizard...”
Gabriel tugged at his sleeves.
Last edited by Abserdia on Sat May 05, 2018 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat May 05, 2018 10:24 am

Abserdia wrote:The Defendant

The defendant had a noticeable fidget and drooping brown eyes. His blond hair was unkempt and his suit wrinkled. He stepped forward, trying to carry himself in a dignified manner anyways. He corrected his slouch as he spoke.
“Thank you, Your Honor... I am Gabriel Chambers, and I have been accused of being a...
a Lizard...”

Judge
Preston's posture became more ridged, his eyes narrow; "Your plea to this charge?"
Tomorrow is made today.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Sat May 05, 2018 10:44 am

Harbertia wrote:
Abserdia wrote:The Defendant

a Lizard...”

Judge
Preston's posture became more ridged, his eyes narrow; "Your plea to this charge?"

Defendant Chambers

Gabriel cleared his throat and spoke with a clearer, louder voice.
“Not guilty, Your Honor.”
He shot nervous glances over the courtroom, masked by his obviously try-hard stoicism.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat May 05, 2018 10:50 am

Abserdia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Judge

Defendant Chambers

Gabriel cleared his throat and spoke with a clearer, louder voice.
“Not guilty, Your Honor.”
He shot nervous glances over the courtroom, masked by his obviously try-hard stoicism.

Judge Preston
Murmur came from the stands as Preston moaned before shooting his own glance around the room; "The defendant shall be seated as the Prosecution presents it's case."
Tomorrow is made today.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon May 07, 2018 4:57 pm

"The man before you is no man; he stands accused of being a Lizard infiltrator. I implore you all to see past his not guilty plea.

With the assistance of a witness, I will seek to prove this to you today."

James Wilkes stood straighter, stepping back to indicate to the Judge that he was done for the moment.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 07, 2018 5:58 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:"The man before you is no man; he stands accused of being a Lizard infiltrator. I implore you all to see past his not guilty plea.

With the assistance of a witness, I will seek to prove this to you today."

James Wilkes stood straighter, stepping back to indicate to the Judge that he was done for the moment.

Judge Preston, his eyes till narrow tapped on some papers before him. He looked upon them having expected more from prosecution's case. The simple address left much unanswered regarding the accusation. Perhaps Defense can provide details before the Prosecution's witness takes the stand. It was unusual though Wilkes posture showed confidence. Carefully considering the procedure of court, which called for Defense to make a counter case against the prosecution's claim, Preston addressed the Defense; "The Defense will now present it's case in counter to the accusation." His stern posture having given way to one longing for something from which judgement may be derived.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon May 07, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Mon May 07, 2018 8:56 pm

The Defense

Leon Withers rose from his seat and clasped his hands before him in an easy, fluid motion.

"Thank you, Your Honor."

He cast a level gaze over the courtroom before settling it on the judge.

"The prosecution asserts that Mr. Chambers is a lizard. Has Your Honor actually ever seen a lizardman before? Do they exist outside of the delusions of frantic half-baked conspiracy talk shows?"

Reaching for his suitcase, he continued.

"The Defense asserts that the allegations against Mr. Chambers are false. Furthermore, I assert that such creatures do not exist at all and I have personally prepared a simple demonstration before we hear from the first witness."

Click.

The suitcase opened and Leon reached inside. He withdrew a small, white mouse by it's tail. It squeaked and wriggled in his grasp as he strode around the table and approached Gabriel on his platform. Leaning against the wooden ballisters that surrounded him, Leon extended the hand that held the mouse towards the defendant.

"Reptiles feed on warm, live prey. Gabriel, does this stimulate your appetite?"
Last edited by Illegal Planets on Mon May 07, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDE never dies

”My rock and roll is not to entertain, but to annihilate"

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Wed May 09, 2018 7:17 pm

Defendant Chambers

Gabriel was visibly relieved by the prosecution’s short time speaking.
When the defense dangled a live mouse in front of his face, Gabriel cringed and recoiled back.
“No, not particularly...” he mumbled, leaning away from Mr. Withers.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri May 11, 2018 3:08 am

Judge Preston
A few laughs emerged from the stands before Preston's gaze brought them to silence. Judge Preston took a breath, exhaled, and turned back to Wilks of the Prosecution; "Prosecution may present it's witness."
Tomorrow is made today.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri May 18, 2018 7:58 pm

"The Prosecution calls Mister Zard."

Wilkes smiled inside. The defendant was making it entirely too easy, with his reactions. No doubt there would be an attempt to put it down to disgust rather than shame or fear of being exposed, however...
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vienna Eliot » Sat May 19, 2018 9:57 am

Tiltjuice wrote:"The Prosecution calls Mister Zard."

Wilkes smiled inside. The defendant was making it entirely too easy, with his reactions. No doubt there would be an attempt to put it down to disgust rather than shame or fear of being exposed, however...

Zard stood up slowly, adjusting his jacket — a little too small for him — and slyly hobbled up to the witness stand. The bailiff approached and he raised his right hand in a sort of salute.

“I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God,” he said, revealing a bit of a lisp.
Last edited by Vienna Eliot on Sat May 19, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse