NATION

PASSWORD

Advent of the New World (1500 CE RP OPEN TO ALL)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nieblham
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 05, 2018 8:27 pm

The V O I D wrote:Application:
NationStates Name: Void.
IC Nation Name: The Empire of Japan (alternatively: The Empire of the Rising Sun; The Greater Japanese Empire; The Japanese Empire; The Imperial State of Japan)
Ruler: His Majesty, Fusahito, the Emperor of Japan (to be posthumously declared 'Emperor Go-Tscuchimikado').
Flag: A white flag with this symbol on it.
Government Type: Absolute Oligarchy: The Emperor has final say in all matters, but the various feudal lords and colonial governors can legislate local/provincial laws and act on the Emperor's behalf until or unless the Emperor deposes them. They can also act as advisers to the Emperor; this has given them the name of the Imperial Council.
Capitol City: Kyoto.
Other Cities: Hanseong, Pyongyang, Kanazawa.
Population: Approx. 16 million.
Military: Approx. 100,000.
History:
The Emperors of Japan did not lose power to the Shogunates; no, instead, they invested in them and - with help from the various feudal lords of the time - assimilated them into the military under the authority of the Chrysanthemum Throne. Thus, the Emperors managed to retain their control over Japan and its populace. As time went on, the Empire grew curious about the world and grew hungry for conquest.

The Empire began its journey to slow, but certain, advancement. The Empire's navies expanded, as the Samurai and the Imperial Armies were trained in naval warfare. The Imperial Armies, along with the elite Samurai, began to encroach every-slowly onto their neighbors in Joseon - also restricting and controlling trade by sea and harassing the power of their mainland neighbors, causing a chokehold when necessary to show that they held the naval power of Asia.

Eventually, Joseon had had enough, and attempted to attack Japan; this attack was in the form of destroying a port that Japan had established on the edge of Joseon's peninsula. The Empire seized Joseon by force afterward, choking them by sea and using the Samurai to defeat any armies who would come to their aide. Joseon was forced to capitulate due to the starving economy, and was integrated as the Empire's first colony after the execution of the Joseon government.

The Empire of Japan has since used Joseon's resources to bolster its military and naval might, its economy growing even better than before. This, along with trade with other Asian nations, has allowed the Japanese Empire to ascend to the status of a superpower among the Asian countries.

The Empire has begun attempting to establish 'client states' in parts of Asia, as well as hearing of the new world from merchants that have journeyed into Asia from the West. This has sparked an interest in some Japanese sailors, and so the Empire's expansionist interests also look towards the east in the New World.

Will Japan succeed in establishing an empire to span the Pacific? Or is the Empire's prosperity set to come to an end? The answer is yet to come in history.

Claim: Here.
Extra Info: Japanese, Korean; some Chinese culture as well.
Summary of One Rule: Mods are law; no godmodding/metagaming.

i'm really sorry to say this but with the new map your claims are > 50 (tiny islands not counted)
i can get you some of Korea but not all. :(

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat May 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Nieblham wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Application:
NationStates Name: Void.
IC Nation Name: The Empire of Japan (alternatively: The Empire of the Rising Sun; The Greater Japanese Empire; The Japanese Empire; The Imperial State of Japan)
Ruler: His Majesty, Fusahito, the Emperor of Japan (to be posthumously declared 'Emperor Go-Tscuchimikado').
Flag: A white flag with this symbol on it.
Government Type: Absolute Oligarchy: The Emperor has final say in all matters, but the various feudal lords and colonial governors can legislate local/provincial laws and act on the Emperor's behalf until or unless the Emperor deposes them. They can also act as advisers to the Emperor; this has given them the name of the Imperial Council.
Capitol City: Kyoto.
Other Cities: Hanseong, Pyongyang, Kanazawa.
Population: Approx. 16 million.
Military: Approx. 100,000.
History:
The Emperors of Japan did not lose power to the Shogunates; no, instead, they invested in them and - with help from the various feudal lords of the time - assimilated them into the military under the authority of the Chrysanthemum Throne. Thus, the Emperors managed to retain their control over Japan and its populace. As time went on, the Empire grew curious about the world and grew hungry for conquest.

The Empire began its journey to slow, but certain, advancement. The Empire's navies expanded, as the Samurai and the Imperial Armies were trained in naval warfare. The Imperial Armies, along with the elite Samurai, began to encroach every-slowly onto their neighbors in Joseon - also restricting and controlling trade by sea and harassing the power of their mainland neighbors, causing a chokehold when necessary to show that they held the naval power of Asia.

Eventually, Joseon had had enough, and attempted to attack Japan; this attack was in the form of destroying a port that Japan had established on the edge of Joseon's peninsula. The Empire seized Joseon by force afterward, choking them by sea and using the Samurai to defeat any armies who would come to their aide. Joseon was forced to capitulate due to the starving economy, and was integrated as the Empire's first colony after the execution of the Joseon government.

The Empire of Japan has since used Joseon's resources to bolster its military and naval might, its economy growing even better than before. This, along with trade with other Asian nations, has allowed the Japanese Empire to ascend to the status of a superpower among the Asian countries.

The Empire has begun attempting to establish 'client states' in parts of Asia, as well as hearing of the new world from merchants that have journeyed into Asia from the West. This has sparked an interest in some Japanese sailors, and so the Empire's expansionist interests also look towards the east in the New World.

Will Japan succeed in establishing an empire to span the Pacific? Or is the Empire's prosperity set to come to an end? The answer is yet to come in history.

Claim: Here.
Extra Info: Japanese, Korean; some Chinese culture as well.
Summary of One Rule: Mods are law; no godmodding/metagaming.

i'm really sorry to say this but with the new map your claims are > 50 (tiny islands not counted)

What if I lowered it to South Korea only, then, and just said North Joseon/Korea was a client state? Not actually my territory, but the person who apps North Joseon is basically almost a puppet? Could that work better?

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 05, 2018 8:30 pm

Cainesland wrote:
Nieblham wrote:i highly suggest you try to make it yourself using the new map
but if you can't i can continue to try my best.
if you want me to continue which of the two maps i linked would you want so i can update it into the new map?

Ok. I can try. If it doesn’t work probably the lower one. I will probably need to change things as the ottoman app completely altered my app in that the Ottoman Empire were destroyed. Given that we will now be sharing Greece, does that change anything?

Although. I was mainly interested in Tunisia because of Carthage.

For Greece either resolve it with Cass, have disputed borders (no more than 1 layer deep into Cass' claims), or claim elsewhere

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 05, 2018 8:31 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Nieblham wrote:i'm really sorry to say this but with the new map your claims are > 50 (tiny islands not counted)

What if I lowered it to South Korea only, then, and just said North Joseon/Korea was a client state? Not actually my territory, but the person who apps North Joseon is basically almost a puppet? Could that work better?

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 pm

Nieblham wrote:
Danceria wrote:Depending on how "roman" Rome is, I may be Francia/Soissons/Modern-Day Visigoths/Suebi-bois

well feel free to make an app if you want to my friend.

Y'see, I'm not sure what everyone else is doin' y'know...
Hmst.
Hmst...
Hmmmmst'd'll'y'ain't've...
What's the status of Christianity, my d00ds?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 05, 2018 8:37 pm

Nieblham wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

I hope this works

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat May 05, 2018 8:38 pm

Nieblham wrote:
Nieblham wrote:

I hope this works

Yeah, it does. I'll edit my map/app accordingly and change the history involving Joseon to make northern Joseon a puppet/client state, as long as that's okay with you?

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Danceria wrote:
Nieblham wrote:well feel free to make an app if you want to my friend.

Y'see, I'm not sure what everyone else is doin' y'know...
Hmst.
Hmst...

the Point of Diversion is 500 CE
so Constantinople existed as a Christian nation but Byzantine fell to ottomans
i'm currently assuming that the Byzantine history is the same as IRL
as for Catholicism that'd be up to Caine as he is apping as Rome

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 05, 2018 8:41 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Nieblham wrote:Image
I hope this works

Yeah, it does. I'll edit my map/app accordingly and change the history involving Joseon to make northern Joseon a puppet/client state, as long as that's okay with you?

we won't guarantee any puppets till after all players have apped
cause maybe some chinese or mongolian player will app with claims in north Joseon.
it's weird i know.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat May 05, 2018 8:42 pm

Nieblham wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

we won't guarantee any puppets till after all players have apped
cause maybe some chinese or mongolian player will app with claims in north Joseon.
it's weird i know.

Alright. I'll just edit my app and then edit it again if conflicting stuff comes up, that's all. App edit is done, btw.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat May 05, 2018 8:43 pm

Nieblham wrote:
Danceria wrote:Y'see, I'm not sure what everyone else is doin' y'know...
Hmst.
Hmst...

the Point of Diversion is 500 CE
so Constantinople existed as a Christian nation but Byzantine fell to ottomans
i'm currently assuming that the Byzantine history is the same as IRL
as for Catholicism that'd be up to Caine as he is apping as Rome

Perhaps a slightly-not-quite-as-coherent-but-still-kinda-stronk-Francia
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat May 05, 2018 8:43 pm

Nieblham wrote:
Cainesland wrote:
Ok. I can try. If it doesn’t work probably the lower one. I will probably need to change things as the ottoman app completely altered my app in that the Ottoman Empire were destroyed. Given that we will now be sharing Greece, does that change anything?

Although. I was mainly interested in Tunisia because of Carthage.

For Greece either resolve it with Cass, have disputed borders (no more than 1 layer deep into Cass' claims), or claim elsewhere

Ok. Thank you.

I think I will claim elsewhere. I am currently looking at Italy, Sicily, North African border (6 provinces), eastern Spain border (6 provinces), and south eastern French border (5 provinces). These connect to form a trading box.

Spanish
- Alicante
- Valencia
- Castellon
- Terragona
- Barcelona
- Gerona
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat May 05, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nieblham
Diplomat

MY TURN

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 05, 2018 9:15 pm

APP:
NationStates Name: nibbleham
IC Nation Name: Balamb Sultanate
Ruler: Emperor Baadal Savrg
Flag: same as my NS flag
Government Type Monarchy
Capitol City (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations): Balamb (IRL Delhi)
Other cities:
Population: 15,000,000
Military: 250,000 Standing Prakaash ke Yoddhaon
1100: The Cetra religion is founded as a splinter from Hinduism
Nov, 1205 The Forming of the Cetra Oracle in Balamab named Noktees Svarg (replaces the IRL Delhi Sultanate)
Apr 1215 Noktees had control of the Balamab area and raised an army named the Prakaash ke Yoddhaon
June 1244 Noktees begins conquering nearby areas.
Nov 1254 Noktees dies his son ascends to the throne

Yeah i'mma wait till i see who's near me before i continue.
If any European power wants to discuss relationships and who had the Vasco Da Gama quote me

Claim: Image
Extra info (optional) (culture, language, etc): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=nie ... /id=755766 here's Cetrism. this was built for a different RP but the basics of the religion is mostly the same. I just can't guarantee that the different regional sects exist.
Summary of one Rule I AM THE GOD EMPEROR OF ROLE PLAYERS. here at least

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Cainesland wrote:
Nieblham wrote:For Greece either resolve it with Cass, have disputed borders (no more than 1 layer deep into Cass' claims), or claim elsewhere

Ok. Thank you.

I think I will claim elsewhere. I am currently looking at Italy, Sicily, North African border (6 provinces), eastern Spain border (6 provinces), and south eastern French border (5 provinces). These connect to form a trading box.

Spanish
- Alicante
- Valencia
- Castellon
- Terragona
- Barcelona
- Gerona

i honestly have no idea what map you are looking at.
italy alone is 24 provinces
based on what you said this is the best i can get you at 50 claims

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat May 05, 2018 9:46 pm

NationStates Name: The Valyria Empire (Val)
IC Nation Name: The Carolingian Empire, The Kingdom of Francia
Ruler: Emperor Karl XVII
Flag:

Government Type: Monarchy (Elective Monarchy-Empire), Monarchy (Aganatic-Cognatic Primogeniture)
Capitol City (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations): Aachen
Other cities: Paris, Frankfurt
Population: WIP
Military: WIP
History (Remember the POD is 500 CE so build history out from there): WIP (This is just to see if this okay. I want to make sure I don't need to make any changes before writing this)
Claim:

Extra info (optional) (culture, language, etc): German-French hybrid
Summary of one Rule: "No god moding, No meta gaming, and Mods rules are law with Nieblham having final ruling"

If it's alright, I plan on replacing the HRE with the Carolingian Empire. Like the HRE there will be electors, and the such. My nation will be like Austria, starting as the Emperor and the biggest nation inside.
Cassinopa wrote:Capitol City (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations): Constantinople(soon to be rebranded Istanbul)

The Ottomans never officially referred to Constantinople as Istanbul, it was Kostantiniyye. It seems weird to re brand the city this early. They did favor other names, though. The officials used Kostantiniyye on everything.
"After the Ottoman conquest of 1453, it was used as the most formal official name in Ottoman Turkish, and remained in use throughout most of the time up to the fall of the Empire in 1923. However, during some periods Ottoman authorities favoured other names."
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Sat May 05, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat May 05, 2018 9:47 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Flag:
Government Type: Monarchy (Elective Monarchy-Empire), Monarchy (Aganatic-Cognatic Primogeniture)
Capitol City (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations): Aachen
History (Remember the POD is 500 CE so build history out from there): WIP (This is just to see if this okay. I want to make sure I don't need to make any changes before writing this)
Claim:
Summary of one Rule: "No god moding, No meta gaming, and Mods rules are law with Nieblham having final ruling"

Aaaaand there goes France. Heck. England is still around, along with Scandinavia, right?
Obligatory Quotes below

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Flag:
Claim:

If it's alright, I plan on replacing the HRE with the Carolingian Empire. Like the HRE there will be electors, and the such. My nation will be like Austria, starting as the Emperor and the biggest nation inside.

seems good to me just finish up the other parts and work with other players on history

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 05, 2018 9:50 pm

Danceria wrote:
Flag:
Claim:

Aaaaand there goes France. Heck. England is still around, along with Scandinavia, right?

i mean most of France is still open, you were never going to get all of France, but yes England and Scand. is still open.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat May 05, 2018 9:50 pm

Cainesland wrote:
APP:
NationStates Name: Republic of Rome

IC Nation Name: Cainesland

Ruler: Consulship of Gaius Tiberius Scipio and Brachus Romulus Annius

Flag:

Government Type: Republic

Capitol City (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations): Rome

Other cities: Constantinople, Alexandria

Population: 5,000,000

Military:

History (Remember the POD is 500 CE so build history out from there):

500 AD
- Roman rebellion on Britain creates a small independent kingdom. This kingdom expands to recover the lost territory of roman Britain. This kingdom would push north and then west, conquering the people of Scotland and Ireland. The conquests would be finished by 520 AD.

Bulgar rebellion unsuccessful

Ottoman Byzantine wars led to the destruction of the ottomans.

4th crusade failed to sack Constantinople

Claim: 50 provinces
Italy, Sicily, Cisalpine Gaul, Greece, UK, Tunisia, Egypt, Turkey

Extra info (optional) (culture, language, etc):
Language: Latin, Greek secondary
Infrastructure:

Summary of one Rule

APP:

Flag:

Capitol City (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations): Rome

Other cities: Constantinople, Alexandria

Population: 10,000,000

Military:

History (Remember the POD is 500 CE so build history out from there):

500 AD
- Roman rebellion on Britain creates a small independent kingdom. This kingdom expands to recover the lost territory of roman Britain. This kingdom would push north and then west, conquering the people of Scotland and Ireland. The conquests would be finished by 520 AD.

The Roman settlers would expand throughout the British isles, and accept Roman refugees from throughout the former empire. They would also trade with other powers, such as the Gauls and Byzantines. This trade would help knowledge to continue spreading, limiting if not stopping the knowledge effects of the dark ages from hitting Europe. As word of hardships came forward regarding rebellions and wars would come, they would assist with those wars. Helping to make the Bulgar rebellions unsuccessful. They established a new Senate in Roman Britain and the king stepped down. The Romans would go on to raise legions of their own and sail east to Scandinavia and conquer the land known today as Norway. From their they would conquer Sweden Denmark and Finland, as well as the Mamursk portion of Scandinavia. In 1000 Ad they would travel west across the ocean to settle on Iceland, and establish colonies in the new world.

Back in Europe, Western Roman aid would help prevent the muslims from colonizing the Iberian Peninsula, the Ottoman Byzantine wars lead to the destruction of the ottomans, and the 4th crusade fail to sack Constantinople

Claim: UK, Sicily, Tunisia, Scandinavia, Iceland, thirteen colonies

Infrastructure:

Summary of one Rule

WIP

APP:

Flag:

Spain
- Alicante
- Valencia
- Terragona
- Barcelona

France
- Perpignan
- Marseille
- Toulon
- Nice
- Monaco

Italy
- Rome
- Venice
- Florence
- Milan
- Bologna
- Naples
- Bari
- Torento

Sicily
- Lillibeaum
- Eryx
- Panormus
- Messana
- Syracuse

North Africa
- Cartenna
- Caesarea
- Tipasa
- Sitifis
- Djemila
- Hippo Regius
- Cirta
- Guelma
- Bulla R.
- Thubsicurum
- Thamugadi
- Theveste
- Utica
- Carthage
- Dougga
- Thuburbo
- Maktar
- Hadrumentum
- Tunis

- 2,500,000 adult males
- 2,500,000 adult females
- 5,000,000 children

Army
36,000 soldiers - 6 legions (6000 soldiers per legion)

Navy
- 18,000 sailors

500 AD
Roman rebellion in Italy against the visigoths creates a small independent kingdom. This kingdom expands to recover the lost territory of Roman Italy, including the north eastern refugee city of Venice. Following the recovery of Italy, they would return to a republic. The Republic would get back into contact with the Byzantine Empire and the two would become trading partners, exchanging ideas technologies and products, that would last until the corners fall to Byzantine empire. Over the next 2 centuries the Republic would annex territory, starting with Sicily. This would be an important source of food to feed the people of Italy. With Sicily recovered, the Republic would recover and gain strength over a 5 year span.

505 AD
After conquering Sicily the Roman Republic would invade north into cisalpine Gaul, retaking some of the closer territories available. The battle hardened army would they move left conquering the coastal regions of Transalpine Gaul, sieving cities along the way with the help of Roman naval vessels. At the same time, a Roman Sicilian force would invade south across the sea into vandal territory and retake Carthage.

Following the retaking of Transalpine Gaul, the Roman Defenders would prove unsuccessful in securing a peace treaty and hold the region against frequent Gaulish efforts to retake the area they had conquered. Rome would defend it however, and the prisoners of war would become slaves to the Romans. Further south, the Defebders of Carthage would defend the city against a siege that would last a month before pushing out the vandals. After routing the vandal army they would conquer two coastal regions of former Carthage. Another 5 years would pass before a further expansion would be considered to the coast of Spain and North Africa.

515 AD
Rome would engage in an additional military campaign against the barbarians to recover lost territory. Soldiers from Italy would sail to the Iberian Peninsula to fight the CeltIberians, while the North African Campaigns would wage war west across the North African coast. The battles were intense but by years end Rome was flooded with new slaves and Rome had Recovered part of its former territory. With territory recovered, the republic would set up trading rules and become one of the premier centres of trade in the Mediterranean. They would also attempt to set up diplomatic relations and trade relations with their gaulic neighbors to the north, with mixed results.

The empire would engage with trade out east purchasing food from Egypt, and wild animals from traders coming Africa and Asia and Northern Europe. Slaves would be obtained through trade abd border skirmishes as well. Eventually dyes and spices would be obtained abd it would set off a trend. Infrastructure would continue to be built and repaired, and Iberian Gold and Silver would be used to used to mint new Gold and Silver coins for use throughout the Republics territory. By 700 AD Aqueducts, Baths, Theatres, and other infrastructure projects could be seen throughout the towns of the republic.

800 AD
By this time border skirmishes were beginning to slow down, and trade was becoming more frequent along the European borders. Roman fish would begin to be shipped inland, allowing fishermen to gain a higher quality of life. Gaulic timber and stone would be exchanged for Roman coins. The idea of a wall across the border would be proposed and rejected due to the fiscal expense.

In 800 AD the first European University would open up in Rome. This would help with teaching subjects like Rhetoric and Logic to those seeking to persue a political office.

Around this time, in 810AD, the Roman Republic would begin to run low on public land outside of Italy to provide its soldiers when they retire. The idea of switching to a military paid with gold instead of land would be explored, and an effort would be made to explore alternative ways of raising the money.

Around 812 AD tariffs and Taxation would be identified as good ways of raising the money. These were implemented before the fall of the western Roman Empire and it was deemed ok to continue with them. Around 815 AD tariffs and taxation would be implemented. A 1% auction tax, 5% inheritance tax for goods not inherited by immediate relatives, and a 1% tax on goods shipped into and out of the republics borders was enacted. The first 2 would help to pay for the soldiers, the latter would help to pay for the equipment and maintenance of soldiers gear. In 815AD taxes on widows and orphans would be resumed to pay for soldiers horses.

In 850 AD the Roman republic would look at ceasing the privatized taxation model, and instead look at a state run model. People in the senate weren't happy with people being over charged money and the idea of upsetting veterans and potentially hurting border provinces who could join the Gauls wasn't looked at well. Being a cost savings for the people, and a good way of raising money, the state explored its options. The decentralized beurocracy was seen as an issue, but the Beurocracy of Egypt and the eastern Roman Empire was seen as good alternatives. In 855 AD the Republic was starting to build a beurocracy, and in 870 AD they stopped using private tax collecting agents. This move was opposed by some members of the conservative faction who sought cost savings. In 900 AD an additional sales tax, this time on goods, would be implemented to raise money for the treasury. This money would help to buy back provincial lands.

In 1000 AD diplomats and traders would make it past Gaul and trade with Germania and Britain.

As the Eastern empire experienced difficulties in the 1000 Ads, the Western Roman Empire sought to provide help. Ships sailing under the Byzantine banner were provided with relaxed tariffs and soldiers were sent to aid in its defense. This helped to prevent the Bulgar rebellion from being successful, as well as the 4th crusade from sacking Constantinople.

That year, in 1000 AD, to avoid further confusions in the tribal assembly, and help prevent tax losses, an official census would be performed on each citizen of the Roman republic. This would help determine how many patricians plebeians, slaves, and foreigners were around. This would also help to determine who owned what, where people lived, what occupation people were, and what tribe they belonged too. Eventually after 2 years of effort, the Censors unveiled to the senate 42 books detailing the key information for the 6 provinces: Italy, Sicily, Cisalpine Gaul, Transalpine Gaul, Hispania, and North Africa. 6 of which were summaries of the other 36.

In 1060 the Byzantine emporer requested aid in the first crusade. The western Roman Empire was among those to answer the call. Together with the Byzantines, and some other European allies, they would conquer the coastal realms of the Middle East. In particular, the Romans would conquer Egypt and provide support for the push to Jerusalem. For this they would receive slaves, treasure, and food. The Romans would make Cairo the capital city of their eastern holdings. The Egyptian beurocracy would be maintained, but the monarch would be replaced by a Roman ProPreator or ProConsul who would rule it as its governor.

The Muslims would push back against the European allies in 1130. In 1144 the Turks would attack the northernmost crusader state but fail to take it. The attack sparked an urge for another crusade. In the second crusade the Romans would take over Rhodes and Crete, and together with the Europeans would fight the Turks yet again. The Europeans would narrowlay defeat the Turks at Dorylaeum. The Europeans would then try and conquer the city of Damascus. The city's ruler would call for aid from the Turks. It would fall before the Turks could arrive, and the now defending Europeans would defeat the Turks. Preventing a decisive victory. In 1187 the Turks would make another attempt to take back the holy lands. They would have a narrow victory, routing the defending crusaders. This would spark the third crusade. The third crusade would be nearly a stalemate. The crusaders would have 3 narrow victories, taking over the area lost by the routed crusaders, the battle of arsuf, and the city of Jaffa. However, the Turks had a major victory by conquering Jerusalem. The third crusade was ended by a peace treaty which reastablished the kingdom of Jerusalem.

The fourth crusade in 1198 would wind up attacking Jerusalem instead of Constantinople. The positive relationship between the two sides of the Roman Empire would help in this regard. The result of the fourth crusade would be the retaking of Jerusalem. With the Turks weakened in the south, the crusaders would push forward and conquer Iraq as well. Allowing Christianity to become a bigger factor in the Middle East. https://imgur.com/a/Vn4heoZ
https://imgur.com/a/RC8tAFX

Having Control of the Fertile Crescent from Egypt to Iraq would help contribute to a sense of stability in the region, and the coming 250 years of crops would help to boost the economy and the population. That year diplomatic relations would also begin with the tribes in the desert. Iran.

In 1200, Rome had established a number of universities. The University of Rome was one of the most prestogous in Europe. A university had been established in Bologna specializing in Medicine, specifically surgery and Apothecary. Other university’s had popped up in Carthage, Barthelona, Malaisse, Messana, and Cairo. The university in Cairo would have closer geographical relations with the Byzantines, and attract their bright minds to teach their. With bright minds from Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Iraq, and the Phoenician coast contributing to learning complex studies in the maths and sciences and engaging in philosophy, this would culminate in it being perhaps the second most popular university in the Mediterranean behind the university of Constantinople.

In 1200 Diplomatic relations would be established with as Far East as Scandinavia and Russia.

In 1219 the Mongols would conquer Persia. After repelling the mongols from attempted expansion, trade would commence with the Mongols.

In 1300 Roman traders looking for new sources of wealth and slaves would sail south along the African coast and trade with the nations in the area. Establishing new sources of income for the elites back in Italy. Gold and tools would be traded for these.

In 1347-1351 the Black Death would threaten to spread quickly across the republic. This is due to the high amounts of trade and efficient roadways. For those years, the republic slowed down its trade with the outside world and encouraged people maintain their hygiene in the baths. The 5 years of minimal contact with outsiders helped it to weather the storm, and their doctors helped to mitigate the effects once they appeared.

An expedition from Egypt to Arabia would result in a meeting with Zhen He, and witness his Treasure ships. These would be seen again in 1420.

In 1450, with the Byzantine Empire near falling, the Roman Republic would gift them its Crusader State. This would consist of territory within modern day Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Syria, and Iraq. Some would question if this was due to bribery, or a desire to help their fellow Romans. It could be both. With the Byzantines falling, many of their citizens would travel to the new holdings. The bright minds from the University of Constantinople would take many of the documents from the university of Constantinople and start teaching in the university of Cairo as well, transforming it into the most popular and prestigious university in the Eastern Mediterranean. The Emperor of the Byzantines would gain the governance position from the Roman Proconsul, and be able to benefit from the regions taxes laws beurocracy and military. The fall of Constantinople would lead to the merging of the 2 branches under the church in Rome.

The city of Constantinople would be besieged by the turks. The Western republic would send soldiers to help with the defense of the city. As the walls were breached, the Western Romans would help hold back the Turks and allow the civilians to flee.

The refugees would travel to Crete. Once on Crete they would safely travel by Roman escort to Egypt.

Starting year

Claim: Eastern Coastal Spain, South Eastern Coastal France, Italy, Sicily, North Africa (Tunisia - west)
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/4jUd5qa

- Roads
- Shopping malls
- Coliseum
- Horse races
- Aqueducts
- Sewers
- Mines
- Schools
- Public forums
- Casinos
- Banks
- Irrigation
- etc.

Senate
- 2 sitting Consuls (42 years old Minimum)
- one year term. Eligible again after serving following a 10 year intermittence.

- 8 sitting Preators (39 years old Minimum)

- 4 sitting Aediles (36 years old Minimum)

- 20 sitting Quaestors (30 years old Minimum)
- one year term. After serving you become a senator for life.
- Requires 10 years of military experience prior to running.

* Each political post is unpaid. Consuls and Preators can become governors of provinces for one year following their term in office.

Centurion Assembly
- Elects the Preators, Consuls, and Censors

Tribal Assembly

Plebeian Assembly
- Votes yes or no for bills.
- Has 4 sitting tribunes of the plebs which can veto legislation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=trrqslUpfdw

Economics
- Major industries: Agriculture, Construction, Tourism, Mining, Manufacturing, Finance

Note: Banking, and lending was legal. However, should someone be unable to pay, they might be held into indentured servitude.
Summary of one Rule
Last edited by Cainesland on Mon May 07, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 13 times in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat May 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Nieblham wrote:
Flag:
Claim:

seems good to me just finish up the other parts and work with other players on history

Do you want me to make a map for the Carolingian Empire? It's basically going to be the same as the HRE size wise. Unless you wish to have it be other wise.
Cainesland wrote:
Cainesland wrote:[spoiler=Attempt 1]APP:

It's a real shame we won't have a Byzantium. I'd love for there to be three rulers who consider themselves to be "Emperor of the Romans"
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Sat May 05, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Sat May 05, 2018 9:57 pm

As much as I'm tempted to app some Chinese dynasty, I'm not super sure if my schedule will permit it.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

Pan Asia Broadcasting Channel: "We will achieve communism in 20 years." - Chairman Wei Yenwu, Central Government | Automation of industries threatens millions of jobs, says economic advisors

Nieblham
Diplomat

EXTERMINATUS

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 05, 2018 9:57 pm

Cainesland wrote:HERESY

EXTERMINATUS

i have no bloody clue what the hell you are talking about. You are completely ignoring what i've been telling you. If you are a mobile user i highly suggest, should you continue, to get a computer. If you don't you are being removed from the RP until you tone your claims down A HELL OF LOT MORE AND LEARN HOW THE MAP WORKS.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 05, 2018 9:58 pm

Nieblham wrote:seems good to me just finish up the other parts and work with other players on history

Do you want me to make a map for the Carolingian Empire? It's basically going to be the same as the HRE size wise. Unless you wish to have it be other wise.
Cainesland wrote:

It's a real shame we won't have a Byzantium. I'd love for there to be three rulers who consider themselves to be "Emperor of the Romans"

No, not yet. Players could app in other portions of your Car. Empire and might not want to be apart of it.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat May 05, 2018 9:59 pm

Nieblham wrote:
Cainesland wrote:
Ok. Thank you.

Spanish
- Alicante
- Valencia
- Castellon
- Terragona
- Barcelona
- Gerona

i honestly have no idea what map you are looking at.
italy alone is 24 provinces
based on what you said this is the best i can get you at 50 claims

If there was a discord, I could take a picture and post it.

However, for North Africa. The east coast is 2 tall. Both coastal in the north east. After that there are four to the left, restricted to the coast.

Spain. Remove the inland provinces. Add one to the coast on the bottom.

France: Remove the inland provinces. With the exception of the round one. Add 2 to the coast near the top, to the right of the existing one. I think the long one belongs to green.

Italy. Add one to the top right. Add 2 above the long green province. Add 2 to the right of those.
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat May 05, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat May 05, 2018 9:59 pm

Perhaps some pagan Dutch electors of the HRE, or a super-strong kingdom of the Britons(and Bretons). Platanaget wet dream.
Obligatory Quotes below

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse