NATION

PASSWORD

Advent of the New World (1500 CE RP OPEN TO ALL)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nieblham
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nieblham » Wed May 16, 2018 11:25 am

Nieblham wrote:
Granluras wrote:
I chose Lithuania, as I already said.

alright approved. The map will prolly be updated after this weeks claims are done so by Tuesday.

I updated the history
History
To include Poland-Lith history
if you want me to add anything that can be arranged.

Corneliu Zelea Codreanu
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Corneliu Zelea Codreanu » Wed May 16, 2018 5:06 pm

I'll have an IC post up sometime this week hopefully.
I'm a Fascist influenced by Corneliu Zelea Codreanu, read For My Legionaries

The first and fiercest punishment ought to fall first on the traitor, second on the enemy. If I had but one bullet and I were faced by both an enemy and a traitor, I would let the traitor have it. -Corneliu Zelea Codreanu

Fascism means first of all defending your nation against the dangers that threaten it. It means the destruction of these dangers and the opening of a free way to life and glory for your nation. -Corneliu Zelea Codreanu

Legionary life is beautiful, not because of riches, partying or the acquisition of luxury, but because of the noble comradeship which binds all Legionaries in a sacred brotherhood of struggle. -Corneliu Zelea Codreanu

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Wed May 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Corneliu Zelea Codreanu wrote:I'll have an IC post up sometime this week hopefully.

you got till the 1st to make a post so no rush.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Wed May 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Some more info on the Norman-Roman war
The purple is the IC Border as best i could tell.
If Caine could add where their legions are being placed (1 is in Nimes so that helps) that would also help.

Info on the current Norman forces (Both forces are ~40 miles away from the border)
Army A.)
Total: 14,000
Infantry: 9000
Riflemen: 1500
Archers: 2000
Calvary: 1000 (250 use crossbows, 750 are using lances and pole arms.
artillery 500

Army B.)
Total: 11,000
Infantry: 5,500
Riflemen: 2,500
archers: 1,500
Calvary: 750 (100 using crossbows, 650 using lances and pole arms).
artillery: 750

The mods will determine the result of each battle but the one with the most details (feel free to explain/present research on the OOC) will prolly be the one to win.
As far as technology goes This is still the Medieval age, Most rifles were Arquebus, which required stands in order to operate. Meanwhile archery and crossbows were still in use as faster ranged weapons (though Archery was falling out of favor due to the amount of training it took).
Calvary was also starting to lose out against rifles but that wouldn't really be seen till later into the 1500s.
In other words Guns are important yet aren't advanced enough to be the sole deciding factor.
The date is April 1500 IC so weather will play a role in the battle. Weather will be determined by mods prolly via a dice roll.
Last edited by Nieblham on Wed May 16, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Thu May 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Alright so tomorrow, starting at 12 am my time (12 hours from now), accepted players can either here or on the IC post claims. Here are some rules to remind players
You can only claim white spaces (if you want another nation's land you'll have to do that IC either via war or some other way)
You have from 12 am Friday to 11:59 pm Sunday to make your claims otherwise you'll have to wait till next friday
You can claim 4 provinces
You must have access to the land you want to claim by sea or land uninterrupted by another player/NPC
The map will hopefully be updated by Tuesday
First come first serve, though disputed borders are still allowed.
Mods will approve of each claim.
NPCs will also make claims but they will make claims after players.
Players can react to other players/NPCs claims but wait till we approve the claim.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Thu May 17, 2018 10:07 pm

Nieblham wrote:Some more info on the Norman-Roman war
(Image)
The purple is the IC Border as best i could tell.
If Caine could add where their legions are being placed (1 is in Nimes so that helps) that would also help.

Info on the current Norman forces (Both forces are ~40 miles away from the border)
Army A.)
Total: 14,000
Infantry: 9000
Riflemen: 1500
Archers: 2000
Calvary: 1000 (250 use crossbows, 750 are using lances and pole arms.
artillery 500

Army B.)
Total: 11,000
Infantry: 5,500
Riflemen: 2,500
archers: 1,500
Calvary: 750 (100 using crossbows, 650 using lances and pole arms).
artillery: 750

The mods will determine the result of each battle but the one with the most details (feel free to explain/present research on the OOC) will prolly be the one to win.
As far as technology goes This is still the Medieval age, Most rifles were Arquebus, which required stands in order to operate. Meanwhile archery and crossbows were still in use as faster ranged weapons (though Archery was falling out of favor due to the amount of training it took).
Calvary was also starting to lose out against rifles but that wouldn't really be seen till later into the 1500s.
In other words Guns are important yet aren't advanced enough to be the sole deciding factor.
The date is April 1500 IC so weather will play a role in the battle. Weather will be determined by mods prolly via a dice roll.

I did not use this map as the level of detail i would have needed would result in seeing too much of modern france. Nor could I find any other map i would have rather used. Though for a big picture this map will be updated as the war goes on.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri May 18, 2018 6:31 am

I'm waiting for DEA to post as China to move on; as for claiming more territories, I might claim more of Joseon by Sunday both in IC and OOC via a progression post for the War with the Yuan.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Fri May 18, 2018 8:51 am

The V O I D wrote:I'm waiting for DEA to post as China to move on; as for claiming more territories, I might claim more of Joseon by Sunday both in IC and OOC via a progression post for the War with the Yuan.

Iirc joseon is Korea as such that will not count towards your weekly claims. Please read this post I made yesterday

Nieblham wrote:Alright so tomorrow, starting at 12 am my time (12 hours from now), accepted players can either here or on the IC post claims. Here are some rules to remind players
You can only claim white spaces (if you want another nation's land you'll have to do that IC either via war or some other way)
You have from 12 am Friday to 11:59 pm Sunday to make your claims otherwise you'll have to wait till next friday
You must have access to the land you want to claim by sea or land uninterrupted by another player/NPC
Players can react to other players/NPCs claims but wait till we approve the claim.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Fri May 18, 2018 9:45 am

My claims are the 4 brown provinces outside of the green line

Mes
Envoy

Founded: Jul 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mes » Sat May 19, 2018 9:47 am

APP:
NationStates Name: Mes
IC Nation Name: Daravati
Ruler: Rama XX
Flag: https://gyazo.com/6297e02f83843dd700b2db133f29ae7b
Government Type: Constitutional Parliamentary Monarchy
Capitol City (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations): Bangkok (Siam)
Other cities: (Baiyue) Phenom Penh (Hai Sui) Hai Noi (Ho Chih Minh City) Pujing
Military: Elephant Branch 500 Elephants with 3,000 Personel Branch: 200,000 Personel Artillery Branch: 500 canons with 2,500 personnel Cavalry Branch: 50,000 Horseman
History (Remember the POD is 500 CE so build history out from there):
The Dvarati family appeared around 500 AD. This renowned religious Thai family united all of the city-states and collectively gave it's subjects the same cultural identity. The Kingdom of Dvaravati was the first and still the most powerful South East Asian kingdom at the time. Since then the Empire of Dvaravati has an unrivaled position in the Southeast Asia region conquering Khmer city-states and Vietnamese states to the East and Lao principalities to the north and has also been gradually expanding westward.
Claim: https://gyazo.com/a0abc55d7174ab1cb85fe9a07161b888
Extra info (optional) (culture, language, etc): Religion: Shamanic Practices, Witchcraft, Buddhism primarily (Mahayana and Theravada Sects) and Traditional Thai Religion.
The country and subjects speak Thai and force its non-Thai subjects to assimilate or pay taxes.
Summary of one Rule: Mods are the law, no metagaming
Last edited by Mes on Sun May 20, 2018 7:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 19, 2018 10:37 am

Mes wrote:APP:
Capitol City (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations): Bangkok (Siam)
Military: Elephant Branch 500 Elephants with 3,000 Personel Branch: 200,000 Personel Artillery Branch: 500 canons with 2,500 personnel Cavalry Branch: 50,000 Horseman
The site of Ban Chiang in Northeast Thailand currently ranks as the earliest known center of copper and bronze production in Southeast Asia. Iron appeared around 500 BCE. A renowned Thai family by the name of Dvarati united all of the city-states and collectively gave it's subjects the same cultural identity. The Kingdom of Dvaravati was the first and still the most powerful South East Asian kingdom at the time (2nd century BCE). Since then the Empire of Dvaravati has an unrivaled position in the Southeast Asia region conquering Khmer city-states and Vietnamese states to the East and Lao principalities to the north and has also been gradually expanding westward.
Claim:https://gyazo.com/a0abc55d7174ab1cb85fe9a07161b888
Extra info (optional) (culture, language, etc): Religion: Shamanic Practices, Witchcraft, Buddhism primarily (Mahayana and Theravada Sects) and Traditional Thai Religion.
The country and subjects speak Thai and force its non-Thai subjects to assimilate or pay taxes.
Summary of one Rule

Fix the claim link
Fix your history remove all mentions of anything before the year 500 CE (anything before that can't be changed and if it's true then it's redundant information) If you don't want to put a lot of work into your history then just look up some important events in Siam history and put them down with dates.

Mes
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mes » Sat May 19, 2018 11:43 am

Nieblham wrote:
Military: Elephant Branch 500 Elephants with 3,000 Personel Infantry Branch: 200,000 Personel Artillery Branch: 500 canons with 2,500 personnel Cavalry Branch: 50,000 Horseman
The site of Ban Chiang in Northeast Thailand currently ranks as the earliest known center of copper and bronze production in Southeast Asia when Iron appeared around 500 BCE. A renowned Thai family by the name of Dvarati united all of the city-states from this site and collectively gave it's subjects the same cultural identity. The Kingdom of Dvaravati was the first and still the most powerful South East Asian kingdom at the time. Since then the Empire of Dvaravati has an unrivaled position in the Southeast Asia region conquering Khmer city-states and Vietnamese states to the East and Lao principalities to the north and has also been gradually expanding westward.
Claim:https://gyazo.com/a0abc55d7174ab1cb85fe9a07161b888
Population:50,000,000
Summary of one Rule

Fix the claim link
Fix your history remove all mentions of anything before the year 500 CE (anything before that can't be changed and if it's true then it's redundant information) If you don't want to put a lot of work into your history then just look up some important events in Siam history and put them down with dates.

Fixed
Last edited by Mes on Sat May 19, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Czestomierz
Lobbyist

Founded: May 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Czestomierz » Sat May 19, 2018 3:06 pm

APP:
NationStates Name: Czestomierz
IC Nation Name: Kingdom of Austria
Ruler: King Carl Von Wurzburg
Flag:Image
Government Type: Monarchy
Capitol City: Wien
Other cities: Munich, Ravensburg, Graz
Population: Approx. 10.000.000 people
Military: 100.000 soldiers
History: Before 750 Austria was a part of the Hungarian Kingdom, which was formed by the territories that now belong to the kingdom of Serbia, the kingdom of Austria and the kingdom of Hungary. That year,
during a major revolt by Serbian separatists, the austrians took up their arms and, lead by the noble Franz Von Wurzburg, avenged years of unjust ruling from the hungarian crown by occupying all the land that was rightfully theirs. The austrian uprising was costly in lives and resources, and it destabilized the geopolitical asset in the region. At the end of 776 the struggle for independence was finally over, but the fear of external threats wasn't. To protect themselves from another bloody conflict, the Kingdom of Austria, after a long diplomatic mission to Francia to let them be under the protection of the emperor, joined the Carolingian Empire. During the crusader period (1060), a force of 20.000 soldiers under general Leopold Von Gratz was sent to aid the byzantines. This would allow Austria to establish trade relations with the crusader states.The crusader expedition created a strong religious sentiment in the Austrian homeland, giving the church a bigger role in politics. No Austrian men was sent to battle in the second crusade, but after the turk aggression of the holy land a contingent of 15.000 soldiers was sent to aid the christians, but ended in a bloodbath with many austrian casualties. There was no austrian expeditionary force during the fourth crusade. From then, the kingdom of Austria has been in a peace period for over 290 years. But now, a young aspiring king is ruling over the kingdom, and he has great plans for the future of his homeland...
Extra info: Language is high German, culture pretty much austrian and bavarian influenced by italian culture.
Last edited by Czestomierz on Sun May 20, 2018 2:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sat May 19, 2018 6:20 pm

The Dvarati family appeared around 500 AD. This renowned religious Thai family united all of the city-states and collectively gave it's subjects the same cultural identity. The Kingdom of Dvaravati was the first and still the most powerful South East Asian kingdom at the time. Since then the Empire of Dvaravati has an unrivaled position in the Southeast Asia region conquering Khmer city-states and Vietnamese states to the East and Lao principalities to the north and has also been gradually expanding westward.
Summary of one Rule

you don't have a Summary of one Rule.
Czestomierz wrote:APP:
Flag:(Image)
Capitol City (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations): Wien
Other cities: Monaco, Ravensburg, Graz
History: Before 996 Austria was a part of the Hungarian Kingdom, which was formed by the territories that now belong to the kingdom of Serbia, the kingdom of Austria and the kingdom of Hungary. That year,
during a major revolt by Serbian separatists, the austrians took up their arms and avenged years of unjust ruling from the hungarian crown by occupying all the land that was rightfully austrian. From then until now their history has been peaceful and stable. Until now...
Claim: Austria (NPC)
Extra info (optional) (culture, language, etc): Language is high German, culture pretty much austrian and bavarian influenced by italian culture.

Add more to your history i.e. how did Austria join the Carolingian Empire (IC version of the HRE) and when. Feel free to use IRL history as a guide.

Czestomierz
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Czestomierz » Sun May 20, 2018 12:12 am

History: Before 750 Austria was a part of the Hungarian Kingdom, which was formed by the territories that now belong to the kingdom of Serbia, the kingdom of Austria and the kingdom of Hungary. That year,
during a major revolt by Serbian separatists, the austrians took up their arms and, lead by the noble Franz Von Wurzburg, avenged years of unjust ruling from the hungarian crown by occupying all the land that was rightfully theirs. The austrian uprising was costly in lives and resources, and it destabilized the geopolitical asset in the region. At the end of 776 the struggle for independence was finally over, but the fear of external threats wasn't. To protect themselves from another bloody conflict, the Kingdom of Austria, after a long diplomatic mission to Francia to let them be under the protection of the emperor, joined the Carolingian Empire. During the crusader period (1060), a force of 20.000 soldiers under general Leopold Von Gratz was sent to aid the byzantines. This would allow Austria to establish trade relations with the crusader states.The crusader expedition created a strong religious sentiment in the Austrian homeland, giving the church a bigger role in politics. No Austrian men was sent to battle in the second crusade, but after the turk aggression of the holy land a contingent of 15.000 soldiers was sent to aid the christians, but ended in a bloodbath with many austrian casualties. There was no austrian expeditionary force during the fourth crusade. From then, the kingdom of Austria has been in a peace period for over 290 years. But now, a young aspiring king is ruling over the kingdom, and he has great plans for the future of his homeland...
Extra info: Language is high German, culture pretty much austrian and bavarian influenced by italian culture.

Fixed
Last edited by Czestomierz on Sun May 20, 2018 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun May 20, 2018 1:28 am

Monaco is in Rome

Czestomierz
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Czestomierz » Sun May 20, 2018 2:03 am

Cainesland wrote:Monaco is in Rome

I was talking about Munich, sorry, got mixed it up with italian

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun May 20, 2018 2:50 am

Here are my land claims for year 1 (Shown in Blue):
https://imgur.com/a/S8HEp2w

I can try to post about the war with the Carolinian empire tomorrow. Or is it just Normandy?
Last edited by Cainesland on Sun May 20, 2018 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mes
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mes » Sun May 20, 2018 7:51 am

Nieblham wrote:
Summary of one Rule

you don't have a Summary of one Rule.
Capitol City (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations): Wien
Other cities: Monaco, Ravensburg, Graz
History: Before 996 Austria was a part of the Hungarian Kingdom, which was formed by the territories that now belong to the kingdom of Serbia, the kingdom of Austria and the kingdom of Hungary. That year,
during a major revolt by Serbian separatists, the austrians took up their arms and avenged years of unjust ruling from the hungarian crown by occupying all the land that was rightfully austrian. From then until now their history has been peaceful and stable. Until now...
Claim: Austria (NPC)
Extra info (optional) (culture, language, etc): Language is high German, culture pretty much austrian and bavarian influenced by italian culture.

Add more to your history i.e. how did Austria join the Carolingian Empire (IC version of the HRE) and when. Feel free to use IRL history as a guide.

Fixed

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sun May 20, 2018 8:54 am

Cainesland wrote:Here are my land claims for year 1 (Shown in Blue):
https://imgur.com/a/S8HEp2w

I can try to post about the war with the Carolinian empire tomorrow. Or is it just Normandy?

it's just Normandy. The Carolingian Emperor is silent on the matter

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sun May 20, 2018 8:55 am

APPROVED

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sun May 20, 2018 8:56 am

Everyone has ~15 hours to post claims if the they want to expand.
Nieblham wrote:Alright so tomorrow, starting at 12 am my time (12 hours from now), accepted players can either here or on the IC post claims. Here are some rules to remind players

Trotza
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotza » Sun May 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Nieblham wrote:Everyone has ~15 hours to post claims if the they want to expand.

I have a post in progress explaining my nation's actions here
but I'm not going to be able to get on a computer to finish it out til tomorrow. Can I finish it then and still count it as this weekend's claim?

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sun May 20, 2018 2:47 pm

Trotza wrote:
Nieblham wrote:Everyone has ~15 hours to post claims if the they want to expand.

I have a post in progress explaining my nation's actions here
but I'm not going to be able to get on a computer to finish it out til tomorrow. Can I finish it then and still count it as this weekend's claim?

No i will redirect you to the OP and the post you quoted and then you can tell me why this doesn't count as your weekly claims.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Sun May 20, 2018 2:51 pm

I ask everyone to check the OP a new rule has been added.
Just to make sure that everyone is also on the same pages
Weekly claims are meant to fill up the map.
If you want land from a player/NPC you can do that IC by going to war or buying it or whatever you can think of. In that case you are able to claim as much of that NPC as you want/think you can handle.
Last edited by Nieblham on Sun May 20, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse