NATION

PASSWORD

Advent of the New World (1500 CE RP OPEN TO ALL)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Tue May 08, 2018 11:38 am

Nieblham wrote:
Cainesland wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/eDAJa8c

Would this be ok with you?

I would be curious to see what the Carthage applicant would like to see with regard to religion in their area.

Having the map like this allows for the Middle East to remain Islamic, and allow for a shared religious area in Jerusalem given that that area is a holy area in both religions I think. It would allow for Europe to remain Christian, and it would likely allow for a Christian Egypt as I had hoped. Having this map would take into account the increased influence of a united Christian Rome with North African holdings on the spread of Islam west, while also allowing for an area of Islamic colonization and areas in the North African coast (and Red Sea coast) of shared space. Tunisia looks like it could be a bit too far west to draw a dividing line at, but having this map would mean the area of colonized area with Muslims would be similar to where Libya is located as you mentioned your desire for.

According to the history given in my app, should it be accepted, the barbarian attacks would begin to slow down around the 800 ad range, and I could be wrong but I don’t think there was any established history regarding Islamic caliphates in Spain and Africa in this to my knowledge. However, with the Carthage applicant claiming sections of Southern Spain along with Genoa, I would be curious to read their thoughts on Spain’s demographics as it could have an effect on their area.

The Yellow would represent an area with an Islamic majority, Blue would represent an area with a Chris majority, and Purple would represent an area where it is fairly evenly split between Christians and Muslims.

As I stated there is no Carthage player he reapped as the Inca.

Fair enough. If it helps, the Christian Egypt situation was more to do with the crusades then to Carthage. The current assumption is that the Roman crusaders would take Egypt while the others would take the territory they did in the crusades. Then, events would play out as they may, however Rome would hold Egypt. They would depart from Egypt in 1400 to return to Rome. The couple hundred years of Christian rule would help convert the area.

You mentioned that no npc factions could be created. This would not be intended to be one. I thought it would be cool to see a Christian Egypt. If that doesn’t work, then fair enough, I can remove most of the territorial references entirely. I would like it though if the Christians were victorious, even if it was narrowly.
Last edited by Cainesland on Tue May 08, 2018 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nieblham » Tue May 08, 2018 11:44 am

Cainesland wrote:
Nieblham wrote:As I stated there is no Carthage player he reapped as the Inca.

Fair enough. If it helps, the Christian Egypt situation was more to do with the crusades then to Carthage. The current assumption is that the Roman crusaders would take Egypt while the others would take the territory they did in the crusades. Then, events would play out as they may, however Rome would hold Egypt. They would depart from Egypt in 1400 to return to Rome. The couple hundred years of Christian rule would help convert the area.

You mentioned that no npc factions could be created. This would not be intended to be one. I thought it would be cool to see a Christian Egypt. If that doesn’t work, then fair enough, I can remove most of the territorial references entirely. I would like it though if the Christians were victorious, even if it was narrowly.

it's just that we are ok with the crusades but what Egypt looks like will be up to the mods. So if you say and the others reasonably agree that Egypt was under Roman control then maybe we'll make a christain Egypt NPC but there's no guarantees.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Tue May 08, 2018 11:45 am

Nieblham wrote:
Cainesland wrote:

it's just that we are ok with the crusades but what Egypt looks like will be up to the mods. So if you say and the others reasonably agree that Egypt was under Roman control then maybe we'll make a christain Egypt NPC but there's no guarantees.

Fair enough. Thank you.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Tue May 08, 2018 11:57 am

Nieblham wrote:
Nieblham wrote:APP:
NationStates Name: nibbleham
IC Nation Name: Balamb Sultanate
Ruler: Emperor Baadal Savrg
Flag: same as my NS flag
Government Type Monarchy
Capitol City (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations): Balamb (IRL Delhi)
Other cities:
Population: 15,000,000
Military: 290k total
50K Prakaash ke Yoddhaon (Elite soldiers)
50K infantry
30K horseback archers
70k Archers
70k Calvary
20k Sailors (150 ships and 15k "marines")
500 artillery

1100: The Cetra religion is founded as a splinter from Hinduism
Nov, 1205 The Forming of the Cetra Oracle in Balamab named Noktees Svarg (replaces the IRL Delhi Sultanate)
Apr 1215 Noktees had control of the Balamab area and raised an army named the Prakaash ke Yoddhaon
June 1244 Noktees begins conquering nearby areas.
Nov 1254 Noktees dies his son ascends to the throne

Yeah i'mma wait till i see who's near me before i continue.
If any European power wants to discuss relationships and who had the Vasco Da Gama quote me

Claim: (Image)
Extra info (optional) (culture, language, etc): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=nie ... /id=755766 here's Cetrism. this was built for a different RP but the basics of the religion is mostly the same. I just can't guarantee that the different regional sects exist.
Summary of one Rule I AM THE GOD EMPEROR OF ROLE PLAYERS. here at least

Updated my military

updated my pop to 30M to be more in line with India at the time (doubled military as well)

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Tue May 08, 2018 12:35 pm

There's no way a huge Crusader Kingdom would exist at this point in time. The only crusader states that existed in the 15th century and early 16th century was the Teutons, Knights Hospitallers and the Kingdom of Cyprus. Even with a "Rome" leading the charge, the onslaught of Islam and the issue of internal struggles would make it impossible to hold on to, just like IRL.

If there was a Crusader Kingdom left in Egypt, it would be a small pocket. Perhaps in Alexandria, I can't see it being any bigger.

EDIT: There’s also two giant powder kegs called the Ottomans and Iran/Persia. Islam is very powerful and unified (nation wise) against any possible Crusaders.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Tue May 08, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Tue May 08, 2018 3:17 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:There's no way a huge Crusader Kingdom would exist at this point in time. The only crusader states that existed in the 15th century and early 16th century was the Teutons, Knights Hospitallers and the Kingdom of Cyprus. Even with a "Rome" leading the charge, the onslaught of Islam and the issue of internal struggles would make it impossible to hold on to, just like IRL.

If there was a Crusader Kingdom left in Egypt, it would be a small pocket. Perhaps in Alexandria, I can't see it being any bigger.

EDIT: There’s also two giant powder kegs called the Ottomans and Iran/Persia. Islam is very powerful and unified (nation wise) against any possible Crusaders.

That seems reasonable yet ultimately it comes down to Persia and Ottoblob players

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Tue May 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Nieblham wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:There's no way a huge Crusader Kingdom would exist at this point in time. The only crusader states that existed in the 15th century and early 16th century was the Teutons, Knights Hospitallers and the Kingdom of Cyprus. Even with a "Rome" leading the charge, the onslaught of Islam and the issue of internal struggles would make it impossible to hold on to, just like IRL.

That seems reasonable yet ultimately it comes down to Persia and Ottoblob players

I just finished my app but was like, "mehh.. I think I wanna play as some one else". Brains can be very annoying sometimes.
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Tue May 08, 2018 3:52 pm

Duestchstien wrote:
Nieblham wrote:That seems reasonable yet ultimately it comes down to Persia and Ottoblob players

I just finished my app but was like, "mehh.. I think I wanna play as some one else". Brains can be very annoying sometimes.

Well the mods will look over the Incas and accept (assuming nothing’s wrong) it unless you change your mind on playing the Inca

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Tue May 08, 2018 4:25 pm

Nieblham wrote:
Duestchstien wrote:I just finished my app but was like, "mehh.. I think I wanna play as some one else". Brains can be very annoying sometimes.

Well the mods will look over the Incas and accept (assuming nothing’s wrong) it unless you change your mind on playing the Inca

OK
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Tue May 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Vahn wrote:
Cainesland wrote:
Yes. I think we can have a cordial trade and political relationship. I think that should work.

One issue: The actual city of Genoa is claimed on your last map. Could I trouble you to allow me to have the claim below? The Republic of Genoa wouldn't be much without Genoa itself.

I think that is probably fine.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Tue May 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Nieblham wrote:

Fair enough. There seems to be a fair amount of opposition to the idea of a stronger crusade movement, prolonged crusader states, and a Christian Egypt. Therefore I will probably try and take another look at my application and see about changing some things.

Edit: With one land area replaced by Genoa I will probably update my claim as well.

The new land piece will probably be a claim in Africa, the new world, or the southern part of the island below Genoa. Would that last one be ok with you Genoa? Or would you be hoping to expand into that area shortly into the game?
Last edited by Cainesland on Tue May 08, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Tue May 08, 2018 7:43 pm

Nieblham wrote:
Nieblham wrote:Updated my military

updated my pop to 30M to be more in line with India at the time (doubled military as well)

oh god i forgot to update my pop XD

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Tue May 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Nieblham wrote:
Nieblham wrote:APP:
NationStates Name: nibbleham
IC Nation Name: Balamb Sultanate
Ruler: Emperor Baadal Savrg
Flag: same as my NS flag
Government Type Monarchy
Capitol City (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations): Balamb (IRL Delhi)
Other cities:
Population: 30,000,000
2,500,000 Cetra
26,250,000 Hindus
1,250,000 Hindus
Military: 290k total
50K Prakaash ke Yoddhaon (Elite soldiers)
50K infantry
30K horseback archers
70k Archers
70k Calvary
20k Sailors (150 ships and 15k "marines")
500 artillery

1100: The Cetra religion is founded as a splinter from Hinduism
Nov, 1205 The Forming of the Cetra Oracle in Balamab named Noktees Svarg (replaces the IRL Delhi Sultanate)
Apr 1215 Noktees had control of the Balamab area and raised an army named the Prakaash ke Yoddhaon
June 1244 Noktees begins conquering nearby areas.
Nov 1254 Noktees dies his son ascends to the throne

Yeah i'mma wait till i see who's near me before i continue. besides that it'll be similar to the Delhi Sultanate
If any European power wants to discuss relationships and who had the Vasco Da Gama quote me

Claim: (Image)
Extra info (optional) (culture, language, etc): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=nie ... /id=755766 here's Cetrism. this was built for a different RP but the basics of the religion is mostly the same. I just can't guarantee that the different regional sects exist.
Summary of one Rule I AM THE GOD EMPEROR OF ROLE PLAYERS. here at least

Updated my military

oh god i forgot to update my pop XD

Vahn
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vahn » Tue May 08, 2018 10:43 pm

Application
NationStates Name: Vahn
IC Nation Name: The Republic of Genoa
Ruler: Doge Valerio Savio of Genoa
Flag? Flag!
Government Type: Merchant Republic
Capitol City:
Genoa: Situated along the northern edge of the Ligurian Sea, the city of Genoa is the administrative and economic center of the eponymous Republic of Genoa. Governed by the Doge of Genoa - an elected position with a two year term - the city's craftsmen, merchants, bankers, and explorers are renowned across Europe. The largest bank in Genoa - the Bank of Saint George - is Genoa's chief financial institution, and services both the citizens of Genoa and the Republic itself: Due to the intertwining nature of the bank's ownership with the leaders of the Genoese Republic, it often becomes impossible to determine where the Bank's influence ends and the Republic's begins. The most notable industry in the city of Genoa itself is he Genoese Arsenal: A complex of shipyards and armories owned by the Republic. Based on the Venetian Arsenal, the Genoese Arsenal has surpassed Venice's complex to become one of the largest industrial enterprises in Europe.

Other Notable Cities and Settlements:
Ragusa: Situated on the East coast of the Adriatic Sea, the city of Ragusa (also known by the name Dubrovnik) is known as a center for skilled craftsmen and exotic goods. However, the most notable industry of the former city-state is the saltworks located at the nearby settlement of Ston: Producing nearly 5,000 tons of sea salt every year, the saltworks were - and continue to be - the greatest source of wealth for Ragusa. Following Ragusa's liberation from Venetian control, Ragusa's saltworks continue to bring wealth to the city and the Republic, with this treasured commodity finding markets across the Genoese trade network.

Caffa: Located on the southern edge of the Crimean Peninsula, the city of Caffa serves as the administrative center of Genoa's colonies on the Black Sea. Purchased from the Golden Horde in the late 13th century, the city would become the center of a virtual Genoese monopoly on trade in the Black Sea. During the waning of the Byzantine Empire and the fall of Constantinople itself, the security of Caffa and the Genoese Black Sea colonies was uncertain. However, the deal struck between the Ottoman Empire and the merchants of Genoa would lay these concerns to rest, as Genoa was granted special rights to trade through the Bosporus. With Genoa's monopoly on trade in the Black Sea reconfirmed, Caffa remains one of the greatest ports in the region.

Tana: First founded as a Greek settlement, later refounded by the Venetians and then acquired by Genoa, the settlement of Tana is located on the Don River delta in the Sea of Azov. Often eclipsed among the Black Sea ports by Caffa, Tana served as a link to trade with the Great Horde and later its successor states.

Famagusta: Located on the East coast of Cyprus, the port of Famagusta serves as Genoa's gateway to the Levant, including access to the vast Silk Road trade network. This commercial activity turned Famagusta into a place where merchants and ship owners lead lives luxury. The belief that people's wealth could be measured by the churches they built inspired these merchants to have churches built in varying styles. As such, Famagusta is often known as the "District of Churches". Genoa would come to dominance in the city and the rest of Cyprus during the mid 14th century.

Gibraltar: Acquired during the 13th century, Gibraltar has since served as a base of Genoese shipping and trade in Iberia, given its' proximity to major markets in Seville. Control of Gibraltar has also given Genoa easy access to the port of Tangiers, a vital center of trade situated across the straits. Following Christopher Columbus' expedition and discovery of the New World, many in Genoa have envisioned Gibraltar as a potential stepping stone for the Republic to expand its' trade influence into the New World.

Population: ~300,000
Military:
~ 3,500 Merchant Vessels / Warships: Built and maintained by Genoa's extensive shipyards, the Genoese merchant marine is one of the principal sources of Genoa's wealth and influence. Though composed mostly of smaller vessels, the Genoese fleet includes a respectable number of larger ships.
350 Carracks: Typically well-armed and well suited to oceanic navigation, the carrack is less favored among merchants who ply the waters of the East Mediterranean. However, among those who trade outside the Mediterranean, the carrack is the vessel of choice.
1,150 Galleys: A favorite among Mediterranean sailors, these low-draft vessels excel in navigating the littorals of the Mediterranean, and can easily overwhelm larger vessels when working in numbers: Has been and remains the dominant vessel of Mediterranean fleets.
~ 45,000 Merchants / Sailors
~ 12,000 Mercenaries: Lacking the population to sustain a significant standing army, Genoa relies on mercenaries and allies in times of war.

History:
Formed more than five centuries ago as an independent city state, the Republic of Genoa first rose to historical importance with initiation of the First Crusade, as Genoese vessels provided transportation and naval support to the crusaders throughout the conflict. Having been a poor fishing community in the decades prior, Genoa would turn into a center of trade during Christendom's campaigns in the Levant and North Africa, with Genoa building trade alliances with the crusader states and the existent Christian powers in the Levant. The dawn of the 12th century would see Genoa in control of much the trade between Europe and the Eastern Mediterranean, as well as it's dominance in the Western Mediterranean: Genoa would share this dominant position with the Republic of Venice, Genoa's principal rival.

Siege of Antoich during the First Crusade

The 13th century would see Genoa further cement dominance in the West Mediterranean with Genoa's key role in helping to defend the islands of Corsica and Sardinia from Islamic invasion. This victory would see the islands of Corsica and Sardinia come under stable Genoese control. The merchant republic would also expand its' power along key trade routes with the purchase of way-stations and settlements in islands in the upper Aegean Sea, the expansion of Genoese power in Cyprus, Genoese conquest (alongside its' Christian allies in Iberia) of Gibraltar, and the conquest of settlements in the Crimea. This expansion further established Genoese control - alongside Venetia - of trade between the Levant and Europe: Furthermore, of the Italian merchant republics, Genoa held uncontested dominance of trade between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean. Genoese trade also expanded throughout the rest of the Mediterranean, with Genoese merchants and bankers maintaining stations along the entire Mediterranean, the great European port of Flanders, and along the North African coast as far as just beyond the mouth of the Mediterranean.

Old Genoese fortifications in the Crimea

The late 14th century would see a growth in Genoa's power, following conflicts with its' sister republic, Venice. While two the merchant republics often found themselves allied in the preservation of Italian dominance over trade in the Mediterranean, the sister republics often battled with each other for supremacy on the seas. From the mid 13th century to the late 13th century, open war would break out a number of times, the battles being exclusively naval affairs and each side resorting to piracy in their adversaries waters. This rivalry would come to a conclusive head in the War of Chioggia (1378 - 1381): Initiated by Venetian encroachment on Genoese routes to the Black Sea. Following a series of naval engagements, the Venetians would find their hold of the Adriatic lost. The war would conclude with the Battle of Chioggia, as an invading Genoan force seized the fishing port of Chioggia, located in the Venetian Lagoon itself and threatening Venice on its very doorstep. Failing to retake the Genoese foothold in their home waters after more than a year of siege, the Venetians sued for peace: The following treaty would force the Venetians to relinquish their growing foothold at the Bosporus Straits, surrendering suzerainty of the Republic of Ragusa to the Genoese, surrendering Candia(Crete) to Genoa, and lastly to pay heavy reparations to Genoa. While this wouldn't be the end of Venice, it would firmly establish Genoa's supremacy among the Mediterranean merchant republics.

The Battle of Chioggia

The late 14th century and most of the 15th century would see Genoa's position gradually become less stable, as its Christian trade partners in the Levant gradually lost power. While commerce continued without falter, as the invading Ottomans were willing to preserve Genoa's privileged access to the Busporus, the increasingly precarious political position of Genoese trade dominance remains. The end of the 15th century would also witness a discovery that promised to change the course of history: The discovery of the New World. With a native Genoese merchant and explorer - Christopher Columbus - having made the discovery, interest in this new continent was fierce among the merchant families of Genoa. The expansion of Genoese influence from Gibraltar to the important port of Tangiers would give the republic a potential point to expand Genoese into the New World, while Genoa's control of the Aegean Sea provides an opportunity to solidify Genoese power in the Black Sea and beyond. Holding dominance over trade in the Mediterranean and faced with untold opportunities in the New World, the Republic of Genoa stands poised to step into a new era of greatness.

OOC: The above is open to change as others fill out their application and write their history

Claim:
Genoese Claims in Full

The Natural Territory of Genoa: Situated along the northern edge of the Ligurian Sea, the city of Genoa is the administrative and economic center of the eponymous Republic of Genoa. Along with much of the northern coast of the Ligurian Sea, the island of Corsica, and the northern half of Sardinia, these territories make up the nucleus of the Genoese republic.

Genoese Aegean Holdings: First established with Genoa's acquisition of ports and way-stations on the islands of Chios and Lesbos from the weak successor states of Byzantium, Genoa's hold on the Aegean would tighten as the remains of the Byzantine Empire crumbled. The Genoese grip on the region would only grow tighter with the defeat of Venice in the Chioggia War, with Genoa taking control of the former Venetian colonies of Candia and Negroponte. Serving as a stopping point for Genoese merchants on their way eastward and as a source of other income, the "Genoese Lake" is a vital part of the Genoese Republic.

Genoese Black Sea Colonies: Officially established when the port of Caffa was acquired from the Mongols in the mid 14th century, the Genoese Black Sea colonies (or, as they are known in Genoa, Gazaria) have expanded since to include the southern coast of the Crimean Peninsula and the territory around the Genoese trading settlement of Tana on the Don River delta. With Caffa as its' administrative capital, the Black Sea colonies serve to connect the trade routes of Central Asia to Genoa's network of trade in the Mediterranean.

Other Territories of the Republic; Gibraltar, Ragusa, and Cyprus: Acquired during the 13th century, Gibraltar has since served as a base of Genoese shipping and trade in Iberia, given its' proximity to major markets in Seville. Control of Gibraltar has also given Genoa easy access to the port of Tangiers, a vital center of trade situated across the straits. The Republic of Ragusa, once an independent merchant republic along the likes of Genoa, Pisa, or Venice, has since come under Venetian and now Genoese influence. While no longer strictly independent, the city of Ragusa/Dubrovnik remains one of the wealthiest Genoese colonies, rich in exotic goods. The island of Cyprus - once a possession of the first Crusaders - now exists as a colony of Genoa: The collapse of the Crusader kingdoms would see Genoa and Venice purchase portions of the island from the would-be Crusaders as their campaigns faltered. Cyprus would come under exclusive Genoese control with Genoa's victory over Venice in the Chioggia War, with Genoa taking control of the Venetian settlements on the island. Cyprus now serves as Genoa's link to the ports of Levant.

Extra info (culture, language, etc): Built on the strength of ships and commerce, the Republic Genoa has a strong maritime tradition and a society dominated by plutocrats. With the Republic's security staked on mercenary armies and strategic forts along trade routes, Genoa is known as a stable and reliable employer of soldiers-for-hire, as well as an employer of fortification engineers. While almost entirely Christian, the people of Genoa are generally more open to outsiders and those of different faiths than most, given Genoa's role as a center of trade and exchange.

OOC: As the name, history, and number of claims implies, Genoa would benefit from the Trade Empire bonus

Summary of one Rule: Those late to the RP must conform to the history set by prior RPing.

I've redone my application
Last edited by Vahn on Thu May 10, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
This is not a signature

Cassinopa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cassinopa » Tue May 08, 2018 11:07 pm

all of these are pending military, but still accepted for now.

Rome(history invalid, to be fixed, but the actual nation is fine)

Neiblham

Genoa
Last edited by Cassinopa on Tue May 08, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Wed May 09, 2018 12:24 am

WIP APP:
NationStates Name: Cainesland

IC Nation Name: Republic of Rome

Ruler: Consulship of Gaius Tiberius Scipio and Brachus Romulus Annius

Flag: Image

Government Type: Republic

Capitol City: Rome

Spain
- Alicante
- Valencia
- Terragona
- Barcelona

France
- Perpignan
- Marseille
- Toulon
- Nice
- Monaco

Italy
- Rome
- Venice
- Florence
- Milan
- Bologna
- Naples
- Bari
- Torento
- Pisa

Sicily
- Lillibeaum
- Eryx
- Panormus
- Messana
- Syracuse

North Africa
- Cartenna
- Caesarea
- Tipasa
- Sitifis
- Djemila
- Hippo Regius
- Cirta
- Guelma
- Bulla R.
- Thubsicurum
- Thamugadi
- Theveste
- Utica
- Carthage
- Dougga
- Thuburbo
- Maktar
- Hadrumentum
- Tunis

South Sardinia
- Cagliari

- 5,000,000 adult males
- 5,000,000 adult females
- 10,000,000 children

Note: An estimate 20% or 4,000,000 people are slaves, either by debt or by force. These are distributed fairly evenly throughout the republic and work a variety of jobs based on the needs of the owner and skills and abilities of the servant. Some popular ones being farmer, miner, scribe, and gladiator. Of the slaves, about half are men, and half are women. Around 40% or 1,600,000 are adult men, and the same number are women, and 20% or 800,000 are children of both genders (approx 400k each).

As such populations may look like this:

Proconsularis Africa - 2 million people
Adults
400,000 free males (35.714% of subtotal) (20% of total)
400,000 free females (35.714%)
160,000 adult male slaves (14.286%)
160,000 adult female slaves (14.286%)
Subtotal: 1,120,000 (56% of total)

Children
400,000 free male children (45.455%)
400,000 free female children (45.455%)
40,000 male children slaves (4.545%)
40,000 female children slaves (4.545%)
Subtotal: 880,000 (44% of total)

Mauretania Ceasariensis - 1 million
Adults
200,000 free males (35.714% of subtotal) (20% of total)
200,000 free females (35.714%)
80,000 adult male slaves (14.286%)
80,000 adult female slaves (14.286%)
Subtotal: 560,000 (56% of total)

Children
200,000 free male children (45.455%)
200,000 free female children (45.455%)
20,000 male children slaves (4.545%)
20,000 female children slaves (4.545%)
Subtotal: 440,000 (44% of total)

Hispania Citerior - 3 million
Adults
600,000 free adult males (35.714%) (20% of total)
600,000 free adult females (35.714%)
240,000 adult male slaves (14.286%)
240,000 adult female slaves (14.286%)
Subtotal: 1,680,000 (56% of total)

Children
600,000 free male children (45.455%)
600,000 free female children (45.455%)
60,000 male children slaves (4.545%)
60,000 female children slaves (4.545%)
Subtotal: 1,320,000 (56% of total)

Transalpine Gaul - 3 million
Adults

Children

Cisalpine Gaul - 3 million people
Adults

Children

Roman Italy - 5 million people -
Adults
1,000,000 free males (35.714% of subtotal) (20% of total)
1,000,000 free females (35.714%)
400,000 adult male slaves (14.286%)
400,000 adult female slaves (14.286%)
Subtotal: 2,800,000 (56% of total)

Children
1,000,000 free male children (45.455%)
1,000,000 free female children (45.455%)
100,000 male children slaves (4.545%)
100,000 female children slaves (4.545%)
Subtotal: 2,200,000 (44% of total)

Roman Sicily - 2 million people -
Adults
400,000 free males (35.714% of subtotal) (20% of total)
400,000 free females (35.714%)
160,000 adult male slaves (14.286%)
160,000 adult female slaves (14.286%)
Subtotal: 1,120,000 (56% of total)

Children
400,000 free male children (45.455%)
400,000 free female children (45.455%)
40,000 male children slaves (4.545%)
40,000 female children slaves (4.545%)
Subtotal: 880,000 (44% of total)

Roman Sardinia - 1 million people -
Adults
200,000 free males (35.714% of subtotal) (20% of total)
200,000 free females (35.714%)
80,000 adult male slaves (14.286%)
80,000 adult female slaves (14.286%)
Subtotal: 560,000 (56% of total)

Children
200,000 free male children (45.455%)
200,000 free female children (45.455%)
20,000 male children slaves (4.545%)
20,000 female children slaves (4.545%)
Subtotal: 440,000 (44% of total)

Note: Of the free adults, Approximately 30% are between the ages of 20 and 30, 25% are between the ages of 30 and 40, 20% are between the ages of 40 and 50, 15% are between the ages of 50 and 60, and 10% are between the ages of 60 and 70. Some are a bit older, but most people die by 70.

- 96,000 (1.92% of the adult male population)
Army
- 72,000 soldiers - 12 legions (6000 soldiers per legion)
2 stationed in Italy
1 Stationed in Sicily
2 Stationed in North Africa
2 Stationed in Spain
2 Stationed in Transalpine Gaul
2 Stationed in Cisalpine Gaul
1 Stationed in Sardinia

Equipment
Arms: Matchlock Hand Cannon, One handed Sword.
Defense: Plate or chain mail, Shield.
Utility: Pickaxe, Shovel, Sarcina

Navy
- 24,000 sailors (4 fleets. One docked in Italy near Rome. One docked in Africa near Carthage. One Docked in Spain near Alicante. One Docked in Sardinia near Cagliari.

Note: These 24,000 are the military sailors. Other non-military sailors are also around, and they are usually the ones fishing, and performing merchant duties such as trade and transportation among other functions. The Ships are usually equipped with large hand cannons on the sides, Greek fire on the front, watertight hulls, below deck crew quarters and storage space, a rear above deck room with a steering area atop it, an anchor, large sails, and a rudder.

Triremes and briremes still see some use as well to some extent.

The Roman republic has large shipyards at each of the fleet docking grounds. Minor ship repair facilities are located at the other ports as well.

Proconsularis Africa - 2 million people - 1 legion, 1 navy, 12,000 personnel
(0.6% of province, or 3% of free adult men, or 5.455% of Free adult men between the ages of 20 and 40)

Mauretania Ceasariensis - 1 million people - 1 legion, 0 navy, 6,000 personnel
(0.6% of province, or 3% of free adult men, or 5.455% of free adult men between the ages of 20 and 40)

Hispania Citerior - 3 million people - 2 legions, 1 navy, 18,000 personnel (0.6% of Province)

Transalpine Gaul - 3 million people, 2 legions, 0 navy, 12,000 personnel (0.4% of Province)

Cisalpine Gaul - 3 million people, 2 legions, 0 navy, 12,000 personnel (0.4% of Province)

Roman Italy - 5 million people - 2 legions, 1 navy, 18,000 personnel (0.36% of Province)

Roman Sicily - 2 million people - 1 legion, 1 navy, 12,000 personnel (0.6% of Province)

Roman Sardinia - 1 million people - 1 legion, 1 navy, 12,000 personnel (1.2% of Province)

https://imgur.com/a/cpJxXhq
Proconsularis Africa- Orange
Mauretania Ceasariensis- Cyan
Hispania Citerior- Yellow
Transalpine Gaul- Green
Cisalpine Gaul - Blue
Roman Italy - Red
Roman Sicily- Purple
Roman Sardinia- Light Green

Note: Most soldiers in the Roman military are between the ages of 20 and 40.

History
500 AD
Roman rebellion in Italy against the visigoths creates a small independent kingdom. This kingdom expands to recover the lost territory of Roman Italy, including the north eastern refugee city of Venice. Following the recovery of Italy, they would return to a republic. The Republic would get back into contact with the Byzantine Empire and the two would become trading partners, exchanging ideas technologies and products, that would last until the corners fall to Byzantine empire. Over the next 2 centuries the Republic would annex territory, starting with Sicily. This would be an important source of food to feed the people of Italy. With Sicily recovered, the Republic would recover and gain strength over a 25 year span. During this period, Lorica Segmenta would see a comeback, after its years of decline in favour of Lorica Hamata.

550 AD
After conquering Sicily and recovering, the Roman Republic would invade north into cisalpine Gaul, as well as southern Sardinia retaking some of the closer territories available. The battle hardened army would then hold the territory for 20 more years.

570AD
The Roman army would move left conquering the coastal regions of Transalpine Gaul, sieging cities along the way with the help of Roman naval vessels. At the same time, a Roman Sicilian force would invade south across the sea into vandal territory and retake Carthage. Following the retaking of Transalpine Gaul, the Roman Defenders would prove unsuccessful in securing a peace treaty and hold the region against frequent Gaulish efforts to retake the area they had conquered. Rome would defend it however, and the prisoners of war would become slaves to the Romans. Further south, the Defenders of Carthage would defend the city against a siege that would last a month before pushing out the vandals. After routing the vandal army they would conquer two coastal regions of former Carthage. Another 30 years would pass before a further expansion would be considered to the coast of Spain and North Africa.

600 AD
Rome would engage in an additional military campaign against the barbarians to recover lost territory. Soldiers from Italy would sail to the Iberian Peninsula to fight the CeltIberians. This war would take 15 years to fight. After 10 more years of recovery the North African Campaigns would wage war west across the North African coast. The battles were intense but after 25 years end Rome was flooded with new slaves and Rome had Recovered part of its former territory.

650 AD
With territory recovered, the Republic would set up trading rules and become one of the premier centres of trade in the Mediterranean. They would also attempt to set up diplomatic relations and trade relations with their gaulic neighbors to the north, with mixed results.

672 AD
The Byzantines would invent Greek Fire. Greek fire would be added to the Byzantine ships to help them improve in naval battles. Seeing the impact this could have, the western Roman republic would obtain it as well and use it on their ships.

698 AD
Armies from the Middle East, after conquering Levant and Egypt make their way across North Africa and lay siege to Carthage. The base garrison commander, Felix Galla, would send word of the attack to Rome. His Roman soldiers would hold Carthage. The two forces would perform skirmish raids against each other. One night some of his men would sneak out of his city and lure some of the Arabic forces away. With some of the enemy forces diverted, including some of their cavalry, the Romans would punch their way out of the city in a wedge formation and break into the Islamic ranks, routing the enemies and ending the siege of Carthage.

700 AD
The Republic would engage with trade out east purchasing food from Egypt, and wild animals from traders coming from Africa and Asia and Northern Europe. Slaves would be obtained through trade and border skirmishes as well. Eventually dyes and spices would be obtained and it would set off a trend. Infrastructure would continue to be built and repaired, and Iberian Gold and Silver would be used to used mint new Gold and Silver coins for use throughout the Republics territory.

713AD
The Arabic armies would face the Roman armies in Iberia. The two armies would face off on an open plain. A river would be on the right of the Romans. The Roman legion would form up in a line with a strong left, and a third line in reserve. A commander, Julius Maximus, would oversee the battle. The Romans would have 6,000 Roman Legionaiires. The Two armies would clash, and the Roman left would overpower the Arabic’s, Cascading the army inwards and flanking the Arab army. The Arabs would flank with a cavalry Charge but the Roman third line would hold them off with their Javelins. The Romans would Capture 3,000 Arab soldiers, and kill 9,000. The other Roman force would face an Arab army on a hill, killing half and driving them into a route. The Roman Naval fleet, under the Command of an Octavius Nero, would defeat the Arab fleet in the water and prevent them from taking one of the Romans ports. The efforts of the Iberion Roman military would prevent the Arabs from taking over Roman territory in Spain.

In 732, A Roman legion from Transalpine Gaul would be lent to participate in the battle of Tours. They would hold one flank while the Carolingian king held the other. The Romans third line would be sent back during the battle to stop anyone from fleeing, and the Carolinian third line would go to Ransack the enemy camp. While the opponents camp started to get Ransacked, and the opponents soldiers started to panick, the two armies pushed forwards. The enemy leader is killed in the battle. By this time between the two camps, around 1500 soldiers had been killed. The Romans took about 600, or 10% of their fighting strength. The enemy troops were cut down, and while some managed to escape, the fleeing soldiers were cut down by the Roman third line.

By 750 AD Aqueducts, Baths, Theatres, and other infrastructure projects could be seen throughout the towns of the Republic.

800 AD
By this time border skirmishes were beginning to slow down, and trade was becoming more frequent along the European borders. Roman fish would begin to be shipped inland, allowing fishermen to gain a higher quality of life. Gaulic timber and stone would be exchanged for Roman coins. The idea of a wall across the border would be proposed and rejected due to the fiscal expense.

Copying the Byzantines, a beurocracy of Barbarians would be developed to deal with foreign intelligence. Informing them when enemies were planning to invade.

In 800 AD the first European University would open up in Rome. This would help with teaching subjects like Rhetoric and Logic to those seeking to persue a political office.

Around this time, in 810AD, the Roman Republic would begin to consider what should happen if they were to run low on public land outside of Italy to provide its soldiers when they retire. The idea of switching to a military paid with gold instead of land would be explored, and an effort would be made to explore alternative ways of raising the money.

Around 812 AD tariffs and Taxation would be identified as good ways of raising the money. These were implemented before the fall of the western Roman Empire and it was deemed ok to continue with them. Around 815 AD tariffs and taxation would be implemented. A 1% auction tax, 5% inheritance tax for goods not inherited by immediate relatives, and a 1% tax on goods shipped into and out of the republics borders was enacted. The first 2 would help to pay for the soldiers, the latter would help to pay for the equipment and maintenance of soldiers gear. In 815AD taxes on widows and orphans would be resumed to pay for soldiers horses.

In 825 AD the beurocracy of Barbarians would be put into operation

In 850 AD the Roman republic would look at ceasing the privatized taxation model, and instead look at a state run model. People in the senate weren't happy with people being over charged money and the idea of upsetting veterans and potentially hurting border provinces who could join the Gauls wasn't looked at well. Being a cost savings for the people, and a good way of raising money, the state explored its options. The decentralized beurocracy was seen as an issue, but the Beurocracy of Egypt and the eastern Roman Empire was seen as good alternatives. In 855 AD the Republic was starting to build a beurocracy, and in 870 AD they stopped using private tax collecting agents. This move was opposed by some members of the conservative faction who sought cost savings.

In 900 AD an additional sales tax, this time on goods, would be implemented to raise money for the treasury. This money would help to buy back provincial lands.

In 950 AD the Roman gold and silver coins would become universally traded currency. Competing with the Byzantines for most used currency in the Mediterranean. After the fall of the Byzantines, it would become the most used currency in the Mediterranean, with the Ottomans in 2nd place due to its possession of Constantinople. Rome would hold this currency position to the present day.

In 1000 AD diplomats and traders would make it past Gaul and trade with Germania and Britain.

As the Eastern empire experienced difficulties in the 1000 Ads, the Western Roman Empire sought to provide help. Ships sailing under the Byzantine banner were provided with relaxed tariffs and soldiers were sent to aid in its defense. This helped to prevent the Bulgar rebellion from being successful, as well as the 4th crusade from sacking Constantinople.

That year, in 1000 AD, to avoid further confusions in the tribal assembly, and help prevent tax losses, an official census would be performed on each citizen of the Roman republic. This would help determine how many patricians plebeians, slaves, and foreigners were around. This would also help to determine who owned what, where people lived, what occupation people were, and what tribe they belonged too. Eventually after 2 years of effort, the Censors unveiled to the senate 42 books detailing the key information for the 6 provinces: Italy, Sicily, Cisalpine Gaul, Transalpine Gaul, Hispania, and North Africa. 6 of which were summaries of the other 36. Shortly after the small poor fishing village of Genoa started to gain in autonomy until it became self governing and independent by 1050.

In 1060 the Byzantine emporer requested aid in the first crusade. The western Roman Empire was among those to answer the call. Together with the Byzantines, and some other European allies - Such as the Genoans, they would conquer the coastal realms of the Middle East. In particular, the Romans would conquer Egypt and provide support for the push to Jerusalem. For this they would receive slaves, treasure, and food. Perhaps to some, the more important thing, they also got what might be considered a large share of the artifacts. These artifacts would be taken to Rome and put on display. The Romans would make Cairo the capital city of their eastern holdings. The Egyptian beurocracy would be maintained, but the monarch would be replaced by a Roman ProPreator or ProConsul who would rule it as its governor.

The Muslims would push back against the European allies in 1130.

In 1144 the Turks would attack the northernmost crusader state but fail to take it. The attack sparked an urge for another crusade. In the second crusade the Romans would take over Rhodes and Crete, and together with the Europeans would fight the Turks yet again. The Europeans would narrowly defeat the Turks at Dorylaeum. The Europeans would then try and conquer the city of Damascus. The city's ruler would call for aid from the Turks. It would fall before the Turks could arrive, and the now defending Europeans would defeat the Turks. Preventing a decisive victory by the Turks

In 1150, Rome’s Portuguese neighbours descend into civil war. The Roman senate debates what to do but no action is decided to be taken to support any one side. The Optimates and Populists not seeing a specific need, the optimates disliking the large cost, and the Populists not seeing a lot of support from the people. The Roman governor of Spain would get senate approval to increase the garrison by 2,000 soldiers for the sake of public morale.

In 1187 the Turks would make another attempt to take back the holy lands. They would have a narrow victory, routing the defending crusaders. This route would allow the Muslim forces to retake the holy lands, but the wouldn’t be able to retake Egypt. This attack and conquest would spark the third crusade.

The third crusade would be nearly a stalemate. The crusaders would have 3 narrow victories, taking over the area lost by the routed crusaders, the battle of arsuf, and the city of Jaffa. However, the Turks had a major victory by conquering Jerusalem and taking over Syria and Jordan. The third crusade was ended by a peace treaty which reastablished the kingdom of Jerusalem.

The fourth crusade in 1198 would wind up attacking Jerusalem instead of Constantinople. The positive relationship between the two sides of the Roman Empire would help in this regard. The result of the fourth crusade would be the retaking of Jerusalem. Allowing Christianity to become a bigger factor in the Middle East. After the fourth Crusade the Middle easterners would make a final push and fail push the crusaders from the holy land. A few years later they would stop trying to push and Rome would begin shipping surplus grain west from Egypt.

The artificacts taken during the first crusade would come to attract many new followers to Italy, increasing the overall wealth and prestige of the republic.

In 1200, Rome had established a number of universities. The University of Rome was one of the most prestogous in Europe. A university had been established in Bologna specializing in Medicine, specifically surgery and Apothecary. Other university’s had popped up in Carthage, Barthelona, Malaisse, Messana. In 1200 Diplomatic relations would be established with as Far East as Scandinavia and Russia. A series of emissaries would also be sent to, and established in, India and China.

In 1230, the Romans tried to improve their armour. They would work on developing a fully encased helmet that would better allow for hearing.

In 1234, Rome recieves word that the mongols have conquered China. The Roman emissaries in former China establish relations with Genghis Khan.

In 1240, Rome receives word of the Mongols invasion of the Kievan Rus. After it is conquered, a trade agreement is established. Goods begin flowing from Rome up through Constantinople into Kievisn Rus, and back again.

In 1260, through Egypt and the Middle East, Rome would learn of the formula for gunpowder.

In 1283, with the withdrawal of the Khans from Kievian Rus, Goods start travelling to the Mongols via the Silk Road instead. This is longer, and more expensive than it was before. Rome would send emissaries to the Grand Duchy of Muscovy and establish a trade agreement with them as well. This re-establishes the flow of Goods up through Constantinople into the Kievian Rus and back.

In 1288 Rome and China would give each other presents. The Romans would give the Chinese a vase of Greek Fire. The Chinese would give the Romans a hand canon. This would be the first time firearms would be introduced to Europe. Rome would look at these and, after seeing one utilized, would try to find a way to produce them.

In 1288, the Roman cities of Pisa, and Venice would move towards greater autonomy.

In 1300 Roman traders looking for new sources of wealth and slaves would sail south along the African coast and trade with the nations in the area. Establishing new sources of income for the elites back in Italy. Gold and tools would be traded for these.

In 1302, Roman emissaries attend the crowning of the next Emperor of the Cetra.

In 1340, Rome would begin transitioning from Lorica Segmenta, to Plate. Lorica Hamata would be transitioned into Chainmail armour. Soldiers were provided this free of charge, provided that they agreed to serve for 10 years in the military.

In 1347-1351 the Black Death would threaten to spread quickly across the republic. This is due to the high amounts of trade and efficient roadways. For those years, the republic slowed down its trade with the outside world and encouraged people maintain their hygiene in the baths. The 5 years of minimal contact with outsiders helped it to weather the storm, and their doctors helped to mitigate the effects once they appeared.

In 1360, Rome had Hand Canons introduced into certain regiments to try. The first European faction to do so. These would replace the Javelins.

In 1390 Rome would Develop a matchlock version of the rifle. This would make it easier to use, and it would start to become more standard issue.

In 1396, Roman legionnaires would be sent to Thessaloniki to fight the Ottomans with the other Europeans. They were unsuccessful. When hostages were called to be paid for or be killed, Rome - being one of the wealthier countries in the Mediterranean, paid its share to get their commanders back as well as some of the others commanders back unharmed. Family being very important to the Romans, Rome also paid for any surviving common soldiers that were being sold into slavery or ransomed off.

An expedition by Roman merchants south from Egypt to Arabia would result in a meeting with Zhen He, and witness his Treasure ships. These would be seen again in 1420.

In 1420 the neighbouring Portuguese nation would send their queen to extend the hand of friendship. Happy with this, the sitting Consul with the help of the senate and the support of the plebisn assembly passed a bill allowing for 20 days of Gladiatorial games and invites the queen to watch with the upper classes. For 20 days Death filled Rome’s entertainment atmosphere. First the animals fought each other. A group of Elephants were brought in from Proconsular Africa. Lions, Tigers, and Cheetahs were among those animals brought to fight in the games. After that, round one would end. After that round 2 would start, and gladiators would fight animals. Round 3 would see gladiators fighting each other. An Emissary would be sent to Portugal to live in the capital and establish Diplomatic Relations with the Portuguese. The Romans would learn of the expeditions to the new world in an official capacity this way.

In 1430 an effort would be made to replicate the stories of the Zhen He ships. The new ships made in Rome would have watertight compartments. An innovation that would aid in sailing west.

In 1440 the principal of rifling would be invented.

The city of Constantinople would be besieged by the turks. The Western republic would send soldiers to help with the defense of the city. As the walls were breached, the Western Romans would help hold back the Turks and allow the civilians to flee. The refugees would travel to lu travel by Roman escort to Rome.

With designs completed, Construction would start on the first 4 oceanic transport vessels. At this time Rome invent Wheel lock, and add them to its firearms.

In 1462, Roman emissaries attend the crowning of Ivan the great as the Prince of Muscovy.
In 1490 Rome would start implementing Rifling into its firearms, improving their accuracy.

In 1492, Rome learns of the rediscovering of lost colonies in the new world. Presumed to be a place similiar to the Portugese colonial land, but not conformed.

Nearly 500 years after the new world was discovered by Leif Erickson, the exploration of the new world by Columbus, combined with the knowledge of the success of Portugal, would spur the Roman ships to action. They would sail across the ocean to the new world as well. The ships would land in modern day Guyana. Trade would begin with the natives, and they would capture exotic species such as monkeys and Jaguars. This discovery would be celebrated back in Rome. They would continue small scale trade for the next 8 years.

In 1495 the Roman emissaries in Spain would attend the funeral of Queen Alexsandra, and the coronation of Luis Del Toro, and the Coronation of Noelle Del Toro de Lisboa after the accident kills Luis. Rome invites Noelle to Rome to experience the coliseum games and watch the horse races.

Starting year

Eastern Coastal Spain, South Eastern Coastal France, Italy, Sicily, North Africa (Tunisia - west)
https://imgur.com/a/cpJxXhq

Extra info (optional) (culture, language, etc):
Latin, Greek secondary

- Roads
- Shopping malls
- Coliseum
- Horse races
- Aqueducts
- Sewers
- Mines
- Schools
- Public forums
- Casinos
- Banks
- Irrigation
- Dams
- Bridges
- etc.

Senate
In the senate the two old parties, the Optimates and Populares, still operate on some level.
Cursus Honorum
- 2 sitting Consuls (42 years old Minimum)
- one year term. Eligible again after serving following a 10 year intermittence.

- 8 sitting Preators (39 years old Minimum)
- Preators are similiar to Judicial officers. They preside as Judges for court cases.

- 4 sitting Aediles (36 years old Minimum)
- The Aediles handle roles such as running festivals, managing the grain supply, and maintaining infrastructure.

- 20 sitting Quaestors (30 years old Minimum)
- one year term. After serving you become a senator for life.
- 10 years of military experience encouraged prior to running.

* Each political post is unpaid. Consuls and Preators can become governors of provinces for one year terms following their term in office. Each term separately appointed.
Elections
Centurion Assembly
- Elects the Preators, Consuls, and Censors

Tribal Assembly

Plebeian Assembly
- Votes yes or no for bills.
- Has 4 sitting tribunes of the plebs which can veto and propose legislation. The occupier of this post must be a plebeian.

Provincial Governor
1. Roman Italy - Senate and Sitting Consuls.
2. Cisalpine Gaul - Proconsul Tullius Marcus
3. Proconsularis Africa - Proconsul Livilius Africanus
4. Transalpine Gaul- Proconsul Alius Scipii
5. Hispania Citerior - Propreator Cicero Flavius
6. Roman Sicily - Proconsul - Augustus Autumn
7. Roman Sardinia - Propreator Quintus Aerilius
8. Mauretania Ceasariensis - Propreator Albus Celsus

- Major industries: Agriculture, fishing, transportation, Construction, Tourism, Mining, Manufacturing, Finance, and Entertainment (Bread and Circuses).

Note: Lending would be legal. However, should someone be unable to pay, they might be held into indentured servitude.

Richest Provinces
1. Roman Italy
2. Cisalpine Gaul
3. Proconsularis Africa
4. Transalpine Gaul
5. Hispania Citerior
6. Roman Sicily
7. Roman Sardinia
8. Mauretania Ceasariensis

Most Romans stand somewhere between 5’5” and 5’7”.

The working day is usually 4 am to 12pm. 12pm to 8pm is usually spent on shopping and entertainment. There are roughly 128 days of holidays per year, 52 of which are Sunday’s, about 2 weeks in December occupied by Saturnalia and Christmas, 2 days in February occupied by Valentines day on February 14th and Lupercalia on February 15th, and Easter on April 21.

If you are late, you should try to avoid contradicting the history established by the previous apps. Should your app contradict the history of an app that came before you, you may risk your app being denied.
Last edited by Cainesland on Thu May 10, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 55 times in total.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Wed May 09, 2018 12:14 pm

alright so with people approved here's the current history
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cOR ... sp=sharing
if you have any suggestions please quote this and tell me them so I can add it. The mods will now begin to work on NPCs
SO IF YOU HAVEN'T MADE AN APP YET YOU PROLLY SHOULD before you are stuck with this history and can't change it as easily.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed May 09, 2018 1:29 pm

The history looks good, pretty much. I'd have to say the only issue I take with it is that southern Joseon is under Japanese control, but then again, that could happen even in a state of war. Who knows, maybe the peace deal that makes southern Joseon a colony and northern Joseon a client state happens at the very beginning of the RP.

I guess it depends on what you're okay with, OP. But yeah, Japan's stuff looks good where it's at for the moment.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Wed May 09, 2018 1:31 pm

The V O I D wrote:The history looks good, pretty much. I'd have to say the only issue I take with it is that southern Joseon is under Japanese control, but then again, that could happen even in a state of war. Who knows, maybe the peace deal that makes southern Joseon a colony and northern Joseon a client state happens at the very beginning of the RP.

I guess it depends on what you're okay with, OP. But yeah, Japan's stuff looks good where it's at for the moment.

i was figuring you'd get southern joseon after the war for Joseon that was my impression am i wrong?
Though might i ask if/when Cetraism would reach Japan (Cetraism is my custom religion based on Hinduism IC it splintered off of Hinduism)
Last edited by Nieblham on Wed May 09, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed May 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Nieblham wrote:
The V O I D wrote:The history looks good, pretty much. I'd have to say the only issue I take with it is that southern Joseon is under Japanese control, but then again, that could happen even in a state of war. Who knows, maybe the peace deal that makes southern Joseon a colony and northern Joseon a client state happens at the very beginning of the RP.

i was figuring you'd get southern joseon after the war for Joseon that was my impression am i wrong?
Though might i ask if/when Cetraism would reach Japan (Cetraism is my custom religion based on Hinduism IC it splintered off of Hinduism)

Probably when Japan managed to start trading with eastern India or SE Asia if the religion spread that far. I'd probably peg that around sometime during the mid-to-late 1300s.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Wed May 09, 2018 1:50 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Nieblham wrote:i was figuring you'd get southern joseon after the war for Joseon that was my impression am i wrong?

Probably when Japan managed to start trading with eastern India or SE Asia if the religion spread that far. I'd probably peg that around sometime during the mid-to-late 1300s.

thanks mate!

Yottabota
Minister

Founded: Sep 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yottabota » Wed May 09, 2018 3:03 pm

NationStates Name: Yottabota
IC Nation Name: Kingdom of Portugal
Ruler: Queen Noelle Del Toro de Lisboa
Flag:
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy
Capitol City (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations): Lisbon (Lisboa in Portuguese); IRL location
Other cities: *irl is to denote that locations retain real life location and name
    - São Francisco (Colonial Hub and Tradepost) (Capital City of Moroccan Territory) (Modern Day Agadir, Morocco)
    - Espírito Santo (Mining and Slave Outpost) (Modern Day Tantan, Morocco)
    - Las Palmas De Gran Canaria (Naval Dockyard, and Plantation) (irl)
    - Costa Teguise (Plantation colony) (irl)
    - Santa Cruz de Tenerife (Naval Academy, and Plantation) (irl)
    - Porto (Major city) (Capital City of Norte Territory)(irl)
    - Coimbra (Capital City of Centro Territory) (irl)
    - Faro (Sea Trade City) (Capital City of Alentejo Territory) (irl)
    - Seville (Capital City of Andalucia Territory) (irl)
    - Malaga (Major Trade City for Mediterranean) (irl)
    - Granada (irl)
    - Badajoz (Capital City of Extremadura Territory) (irl)
    - Madrid (Major City) (Capital City of Madrid Territory) (irl)
    - Leon (Capital City of Castrilla y Leon Territory) (irl)
    - Valladolid (Major City) (irl)
    - Gijon (Capital City of Principado de Asturias) (irl)
    - Bilbao (Major City) (Capital City of Euskadi Territory) (irl)
    - Santiago De Compostela (Capital City of Galicia) (irl)
    - Sao Sebastian (Capital City of Foral De Navarra) (irl)
    - Funchal (Capital City of Sao Manuel Atlantic Territory) (irl)
    - De Guera (Salt Mine Colony and Penal Colony) (Modern Day La Guera, Morocco)
    - Dakar (Slave Colony and Trade Post) (Capital City of Guinea Territory) (irl)
    - Touba, Uite, Bubaque, Caio, Bissau, Caito, Bolama, Cap Skirring, Ziguinchor, Bolama, Buba, Banjul (African Plantations and Slave Colonies) (irl)
    - Sao Luis (Capital City of Brasil Territory) (irl)
    - Codo (Major Brasilwood Plantation) (irl)
    - Fortaleza (Major Colony, and Trade Post)
    - Natal (Slave Trading Outpost)
Population: 7,100,000 (excluding slave pop); 7,338,950 (including slave pop)
Military:
Total: 177,500 (2.5% of total population) (excluding slave militia); 180,000 (including slave militia)
- Army: Royal Portuguese Armed Force
100,000 Soldiers - Broken up into 14 Regiments (7,142 Soldiers per Regiment)
    2 Stationed in Portugal
    5 Stationed in Spain
    2 Stationed in Morocco Territory
    1 Stationed in Guinea Territory
    1 Stationed in Sao Manuel Territory
    3 Stationed in Brasil Territory
- Slave Militia
Total Militia Count: 2500
(Slave Militia are local forces in colonial regions, comprised of 5 overseers and 500 slaves per militia detachment)
    1 Detachment in Morocco
    2 Detachments in Guinea
    2 Detachments in Brasil
Navy: Royal Portuguese Armada
75,000 Sailors (8 Fleets)
    1 Docked in Portugal
    2 Docked in Sao Manuel
    2 Docked in Morocco
    1 Docked in Brasil
    2 Docked in Spain
History (Remember the POD is 500 CE so build history out from there):
    500 AD - Under the Umayyad Dynasty; The Prince of the Islamic Spain (Abd ar-Rahman I) becomes sympathetic to the plight of the Hispanic people. Urges his father to lesson pressure on the people, his father declines.
    - Small peasant uprising leads to a region of Portugal to be liberated (current Centre territory of Portugal). A man by the name of Pedro Olivera claims to be the leader of these people, the liberated territory is named Portugal after the capital city's name.
    505 AD - Islamic forces siege the city of Porto, capital of the liberated territory. The siege lasts for 3 months and results in mass casualties. Pedro Olivera and his family are exiled to the islands of Sao Manuel.

900 AD - King Muhammad the III of the Umayyad Dynasty is assassinated by King Taifa, leading to the end of the Umayyad Dynasty and towards the short life of the Islamic kingdom of Taifa.

1000 AD - King Suleimann the II is beheaded as Christian reformers, lead by the once exiled Olivera family, reclaim Spain from islamic fiefdom. The Kingdom of Taifa ends and Portuguese Kingdom of Olivera begins. Through the rule of Rolando Pedro Olivera, he would adopt Christianity as the official state religion and begin a vicious campaign against the Muslim faith.
    1009 AD - King Rolando Pedro Olivera declares his oldest son, Vinicios Olivera De Porto, to be the heir of the throne. King Rolando also names several families as royal families (Souza, Del Toro, Granada, Francisco, Leon, Belladonna, Souto, Lucinda, and Juliana)

1020 AD - King Vinicios Olivera De Porto gains the throne and adopts an African slave, Felipe, which is received poorly with royal families but well with commoners. Vinicios is known as a man of the people, and works hard to better the lives of the common people, much to the dismay of his mother; Leticia Souza Olivera. Vinicios' policies include lowering taxes on the poor and more toward the wealthy.

1035 AD - King Vinicios Olivera De Porto is assassinated by the daughter of a rival royal family, while Felipe Olivera is to attain the throne through royal secession, he is denied due to his "tainted heritage" and the throne secedes to the same rival family that assassinated Vinicios, the Belladonnas. Queen Elisabeth Belladonnas takes the throne. Through her rule she favors the royals and continues the tradition of favoring the rich and powerful. The tax rate between the rich decreases from 15% to only 7% and the increases the commoners from 10% to 18%.

1130 AD - King Jose De Lisboa Belladonna, also known as Jose the Fearsome engages in a bloody war with the Moroccan warlords, while most of his invasion of Morocco is futile he does create a small foothold which allows for colonizers to take hold of the southern regions. This leads to the colonization of "Espírito Santo".

1145 AD - Upset of his failure, King Jose begins a Portuguese inquisition within his kingdom to stamp down on heretical thinking and decent. The casualties are unreported due to the "lack of a need to report the deaths of nonbelievers."

1150 AD - King Jose passes away in his bed, leaving his oldest son Joan Pedro Belladonna as king. However on the same day of his crowning he is beheaded by an angry mob, his corpse consumed by the people. With no heir, the royal families fight for control of the country. The Kingdom of Olivera splits into 10 kingdoms, each named after the 10 royal families.

1249 AD - King Fernando Olivera de Porto (descendant of Felipe Olivera) forms the "Holy Christian Army", and uses his power to engage in a 7 year long war between all 9 families. The war between the 10 families is called "Guerra dos Royals".

1256 AD - King Fernando's war ends with the king being killed in battle, and the Del Toro family claims victory, reunifying the kingdom and strengthening it's abroad colonies in Sao Manuel and Morocco.

1400 AD - Queen Alexandra Del Toro Ascends to the throne at the young age of 18, as queen she funds an expedition down the West African coast, as well as an expedition to the New World.

1420 AD - Queen Alexsandra Del Toro extends a rare hand of diplomacy towards its Roman neighbors, wishing to strengthen diplomatic relations. She also visits the kingdom of Genoa to begin diplomatic relations with the smaller kingdom. The queen becomes well liked by both commoners and royals, and is known as "A Gentil Rainha"; The Gentle Queen.

1495 AD - Queen Alexsandra dies, but lives long enough to hear the success of the expeditions to the new world, with the first colony in Sao Luis being a success. As she dies she leaves her eldest son, Luis Del Toro as king. However, Luis is later found dead after a bizarre accident claims his life. While rumors murmur that he was assassinated by his twin sister, Noelle, she dismisses the rumors and claims the throne herself. Queen Noelle Del Toro de Lisboa claims the throne, and under her reign she continues her mother's work with strengthing political ties with neighboring countries but also becomes an iron fist in the political sphere within the Kingdom of Portugal.

1499 AD - The Guinea colony is settled and becomes the kingdoms largest slave plantation.
Claim: Portugese Empire Circa 1500CE
Extra info (optional) (culture, language, etc):
Language:
Primary - Portuguese
Secondary - Spanish, Latin.

Politics
    Casa Da Realeza
    - Prince Alexandro Del Toro
    - Princess Juliana Del Toro
    - Prince Roberto Souza
    - Princess Isabella Souza
    - Prince Bruno Granada
    - Princess Gabrielle Granada
    - Prince Augusto Francisco
    - Princess Alice Francisco
    - Prince Tiago Leon
    - Princess Lucia Leon
    - Prince Guilherme Olivera
    - Princess Maria Olivera
    - Prince Carlos Lucinda
    - Princess Ana Lucinda
    - Prince Fabio Souto
    - Princess Sofia Souto
    - Prince Leonardo Belladonna
    - Princess Rita Belladonna
    - Prince Ricardo Juliana
    - Princess Cecilia Juliana
    Câmara dos Comuns
    500 Elected Delegates from all territories (including colonies) that create legislation to be approved or denied by the House of Royals.

Slavery
    - When captured, all slaves are branded with a cross on their left shoulder.
    - Slaves are treated, properly, like second class citizens but the rights of slaves are still present.
    - Slaves are allowed 4 hours of leisure time a day.
    - Slaves are allowed to collect income (depending on plantation owner.)
    - Slaves may be represented in the House of Commons.
    - Murder of slaves, while not treated as seriously as serious as normal murder, can be treated as a state crime with a minimum sentence of 3 years in jail and a 5,000 Reals fine.
    - Slaves may own property, but if they fail to show up to their plantation in the morning they may have their property seized and rights revoked.

Summary of one Rule: Post you fuck head. If you're late toe the line and ask people before posting your history. If you're late and your history contradicts then GG buddy.
Last edited by Yottabota on Thu May 10, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sobeiska
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2016

Postby Sobeiska » Wed May 09, 2018 4:35 pm

NationStates Name:Sobeiska
IC Nation Name:Kingdom of Joshua
Ruler: King Kofi
Flag:Image
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy [With a "secular" religious assembly, accepting both Christians and Jews that controls the state sites of worship, and various other bureaucratic functions, some positions are elected democratically within respective places of worship, but in general priests have great sway]
Capitol City: Aksum (must label the IRL counterpart if you have a custom name or provide a map with their locations):
Other cities: Nobatia, Blemmyes, Makuria, Alodia, and Hargeisa are some major cities.
Population:4 million
Military: 50,000 professional soldiers of which. 20,000 are cavalry, 400 are dedicated to 50 war elephants, 5,000 archers, and 5,000 spearmen with the remainder being swordsmen
History: After Ezana of Axum's attempted Christianization of the Axumite Empire in 360 AD. {fuck yo CE you PC boy} The kingdom underwent mass expansion under the King Mehadeyis, famous for beseeching to his soldiers "By this cross you will conquer!". His successor Ouazebas in the late fourth century would not embrace Christianity like his predecessors, and the nation was relatively tolerant of both religions. His successor Eon of Axom would lead excursions into Southern Arabia in conquest, exploration, and plunder, undefeated, coming to solidify many of the military traditions of the King Mehadeyis.

This brings us to King Ebana in the 5th century who brought the high-priests of Beta-Israel into his court after his conversion to quell the Jewish discontents. Who's revolt threatened the very integrity of the empire itself, not to be humiliated by them he proceeded to conquer, and force the conversions of many African heathens to the Abrahamic faith of Judaism. It was the Judaism of Joshua! The Pharisees declared the Akumite Empire, the Kingdom of Joshua. Christians would be tolerated not exalted, the state religion was Judaism.

Throughout the 6th and 7th centuries, the nation would advance east along the coast of the Horn, and North conquering, and converting. Progress was relatively slow as the primary purpose of conquest was not to further the Empire's strength but to convert in the name of god. This led to a strong cultural unity after time... however it limited the Kingdom's meteoric positioning. The frequent but small fighting led to a disciplined officer corps. Which is hindered only slightly by high religious involvement in the process. Several tribal customs had been adopted into the Judaism of Joshua. Including the sacrifice of animals before battle, and much like the Romans of our timeline, they had their forms of Augurs in the various priests of the Jewish theocracy.

The Kingdom of Joshua continued expansion to approximately modern borders by the 10th Century AD {as is the.... Christian custom}. On the year 1021 AD, King Sollicivis took the throne. He is referred to as the nation's greatest King, and was deemed a Prophet by the High Priest Liqa Kahenat Berhan Yaso. Established the religious traditions still followed in this year, Joshuan Judaism, one of conquest of the non-Abrahamic faiths in the name of god. It recognized Christians as brothers, though misguided by false accounts. He made many excursions into {formerly} Egyptian names, in cause of revenge for Abraham, and how the Jewish people had suffered. They had returned in number, and in revenge, of justice. The King however... died unfulfilled never advancing past the Sinai and into the holy land. Despite his vast achievements, connecting the empire with roads, reforming the military to more modern European tactics, and creating a national education, albeit religiously based in Judaism, and carried out by the Jewish theocratic machinery.

As time advanced the state continued to grow more and more distant from Christians, though they dwindled in number as living as a Christian became more difficult, lacking the benefits of their Jewish brothers. Hate, would be a poor word for what formed, but rather a mutual apathy, the sense of nation, while among a minority, was fading. That was until in the 13th century the High Priest Liqa Kahenat Kenta Barahata began to accept Christ into Jewish teachings, not as the son of god as Christians had saw him, but as another prophet to the promised people, it shocked many of the Jewish theocracy, and after 9 assassination attempts the Kingdom was in shambles. A radical Christian leader claiming to be the 13th apostle rose up and took arms against the Kingdom, and much of the Southern Kingdom seceded with him in arms, the Jewish lords fled as their Christian subjects took steel against them. The goy had awoken! More moderate Christians stood with them led by a man nicknamed Amadi the Baptist, who desired tolerance and Christian incorporation into the Jewish state apparatus. The war continued for 5 bloody years as the Christian savagery continued, surrender was not a choice when a firey death awaited you if you did. Finally the radicals were defeated by an ultimate betrayal. King Negasitahy caved to Christian demands, after 5 long years of war the people of Joshua were willing to concede, and now the radicals stood alone. They were destroyed, some parts of the Southern kingdom still lay lost in the modern day, just waiting for another great king to rise up.

Multiple excursions by future kings in the 14th century to retake the lands continued, but it was an effort with increasingly less will from the ever more secular state that grew a kind of religious tolerance uncommon in the known world. At least among the Abrahamic religions, the tribals to the west in the rainforests were treated much less kindly. Excursions by the King Johaii in the early 15th century featured severe oppressions of the indigenous peoples and forced conversion to Christianity and Joshuan Judaism. Slavery was even perpetrated against some of the peoples, as they were sold to the highest bidder.

In the present day King Kofi reigns, attempting to get an edge in the game of colonization, he eyes India and the spice trade the European powers engage in. He believes Joshua's position is prime to take part in it through the Sinai with the Red Sea. The Kingdom of Joshua seeks to spread the belief in Yahweh far and wide

Claim:Image
Extra info (optional) (culture, language, etc): Hebrew, and Ge'ez
Summary of one Rule: Do nut do da metas, do nut do da god m00ds and all da m0ds are g0ds and daddy n3b is prime daddicus
Last edited by Sobeiska on Wed May 09, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Wed May 09, 2018 7:35 pm

Sobeiska wrote: {fuck yo CE you PC boy}

Because of this you won't be accepted till you change the time to the CE model
Last edited by Nieblham on Wed May 09, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse