NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:49 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:You know, thinking about it it kinda makes sense that Celio's childhood friend is an arguably psychopathic assassin.

Yeah, it is pretty fitting xD
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:41 pm

It’s been a rather long break from me, mostly due to exams and due to being sick, but I’ll be working on get posts out for all the interactions that need my replies. It might take a few days, but I am planning to have all the replies written before the end of the week.

After that I’ll have to think about what the next steps for the roleplay are. I was initially planning to begin the new Morizia plot now in February, but I highly doubt that we could get enough people in it so that will likely have to be postponed. The same thing goes for the soft reboot that I’ve been teasing and moving to new threads to attract new players – the lore is now almost ready, but the situation just doesn’t make something like this worth it.

Moving on, with so many players inactive and having lost interest I’m likely going to have to abandon several of the interactions and plots that were going on the IC. Some of those had really turned into a mess towards the end, so it might not be that big of an issue. We’ll of course keep the interactions where people are still active.

But depending on how many people are still active, I might have to think about a hiatus or something. We’ll see.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:19 pm

While discussing things with Exil I realized that having the Anselmians use a black-golden flag would be somewhat confusing, so this will be their new flag and color-scheme going forward.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:39 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:While discussing things with Exil I realized that having the Anselmians use a black-golden flag would be somewhat confusing, so this will be their new flag and color-scheme going forward.

GLORY TO WÜRTTEMBERG!
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:11 pm

Is this still active?
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:20 pm

Arengin Union wrote:Is this still active?

It's been a little slow in the past few months but it's still active and open, yeah

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:22 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Is this still active?

It's been a little slow in the past few months but it's still active and open, yeah

Good to hear. Still considering apping for a character, lost track of the lore after having to focus on other stuff but I hope to get back on track with it.

May need some help to sort out a few rough edges though
Last edited by Arengin Union on Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do as I please"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:25 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It's been a little slow in the past few months but it's still active and open, yeah

Good to hear. Still considering apping for a character, lost track of the lore after having to focus on other stuff but I hope to get back on track with it.

Nice xD

If you'll have any questions or if you'll need any help with the lore or the character do let me know, I can certainly help

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:33 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Good to hear. Still considering apping for a character, lost track of the lore after having to focus on other stuff but I hope to get back on track with it.

Nice xD

If you'll have any questions or if you'll need any help with the lore or the character do let me know, I can certainly help

Basically im thinking of doing a Rider of the Yazgiria who has turned his back on the tribal ways due to losing so many friends in the wars against the Karaki and now works as a Mercenary/Bounty Hunter. But I want to make his story turn from being a disheartened warrior to eventually return home and unite the Yazgirians if that could ever work.
"I do as I please"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:58 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Nice xD

Basically im thinking of doing a Rider of the Yazgiria who has turned his back on the tribal ways due to losing so many friends in the wars against the Karaki and now works as a Mercenary/Bounty Hunter. But I want to make his story turn from being a disheartened warrior to eventually return home and unite the Yazgirians if that could ever work.

It would work, yeah, now that you mention it I do remember back when you first considered this character concept.

Yazgiria is essentially a matriarchy but men are not forbidden from being warriors, so it would certainly work, and there are many things within the Yazgirian culture that could help him turn against it, alongside the loss of his friends in the wars against the Karaki.

His skills as a rider and a warrior would certainly be valued and he could work as a mercenary or as a bounty hunter anywhere within the Silver Realms.

And it would be difficult for him to come back and to reunite the tribes, even more so since he would be male - but it is something that he could achieve. There are several things that could help him achieve something like that besides from growing his own reputation as a warrior and as a leader - including using the religion of the Yazgirians, the Faith of the Two Mothers, to his advantage, and earning the support of the Yazgirian shamans and elders.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:10 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Basically im thinking of doing a Rider of the Yazgiria who has turned his back on the tribal ways due to losing so many friends in the wars against the Karaki and now works as a Mercenary/Bounty Hunter. But I want to make his story turn from being a disheartened warrior to eventually return home and unite the Yazgirians if that could ever work.

It would work, yeah, now that you mention it I do remember back when you first considered this character concept.

Yazgiria is essentially a matriarchy but men are not forbidden from being warriors, so it would certainly work, and there are many things within the Yazgirian culture that could help him turn against it, alongside the loss of his friends in the wars against the Karaki.

His skills as a rider and a warrior would certainly be valued and he could work as a mercenary or as a bounty hunter anywhere within the Silver Realms.

And it would be difficult for him to come back and to reunite the tribes, even more so since he would be male - but it is something that he could achieve. There are several things that could help him achieve something like that besides from growing his own reputation as a warrior and as a leader - including using the religion of the Yazgirians, the Faith of the Two Mothers, to his advantage, and earning the support of the Yazgirian shamans and elders.

Yes I do remember the matriarchy element and I kind of want to do a sort of twist on what some would call a feminist narrative where in this case instead of a patriarchy there's a matriarchy and such.

I do expect that reuniting the tribes and becoming a leader would be very difficult (no good story is ever without a good struggle) so my plan is for him to kind of band all other outcasts together and bring upon a new Tribe which helps to turn the tide of the war and this would also cause his followers to spread a new interpretation of the religion and even claim that the character is a sign of a new Era for the Faith if that works. I have the idea of three main arcs, the first where the character (his name will be Jair) lives out his typical lone adventurer days until he comes across a job which reunites him with a member of his people who reconnects him with his heritage and then comes an incentive for him to return home when he hears that the last remains of his lineage have been extinguished (his clan was more egalitarian than others and as such were kind of disliked and purposely led to their doom) and when he hears that the war is going terribly for his people he is incentivized to go back to lead the outcasts, second arc is him rising to leadership and a quasi-mythic status while ecountering resistance from his own people eventually this leads into the final arc where it leads into turning the tide of the war and him rising to a unifying leader status.
"I do as I please"

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:11 pm

I dont know if there has been anything done with Yazrigia though, so if this plan in any way intrudes on anything or could cause some problems for the wider RP's lore I understand.
"I do as I please"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:09 am

Arengin Union wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It would work, yeah, now that you mention it I do remember back when you first considered this character concept.

Yes I do remember the matriarchy element and I kind of want to do a sort of twist on what some would call a feminist narrative where in this case instead of a patriarchy there's a matriarchy and such.

I do expect that reuniting the tribes and becoming a leader would be very difficult (no good story is ever without a good struggle) so my plan is for him to kind of band all other outcasts together and bring upon a new Tribe which helps to turn the tide of the war and this would also cause his followers to spread a new interpretation of the religion and even claim that the character is a sign of a new Era for the Faith if that works. I have the idea of three main arcs, the first where the character (his name will be Jair) lives out his typical lone adventurer days until he comes across a job which reunites him with a member of his people who reconnects him with his heritage and then comes an incentive for him to return home when he hears that the last remains of his lineage have been extinguished (his clan was more egalitarian than others and as such were kind of disliked and purposely led to their doom) and when he hears that the war is going terribly for his people he is incentivized to go back to lead the outcasts, second arc is him rising to leadership and a quasi-mythic status while ecountering resistance from his own people eventually this leads into the final arc where it leads into turning the tide of the war and him rising to a unifying leader status.

That could work, yeah! Tribes, or Arrows as they are also known, have been created and lost in the past too, so it's feasible, even more so if he were to find one of the arrows as in shamanic artifacts which the Yazgirians are connected to their ancestors. And the Yazgirian Faith is generally focused a lot on shamanism and animism, so it's somewhat disorganized and most of its traditions are oral, which means that it can be interpreted and reinterpreted a lot easier than a fully organized faith would be.

And the plan for your character in its arcs overall looks pretty good. There hasn't been much done with Yazgirian, I don't think that we ever had a Yazgirian character to begin with, and the core elements of your plan are all true - the war has been going badly for the Yazgirians. The Karaki have been more aggressive. Velikiya's situation isn't fully stable, but its margraves have been better at organizing themselves and the last few Yazgirian raids into it have all failed.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:42 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Yes I do remember the matriarchy element and I kind of want to do a sort of twist on what some would call a feminist narrative where in this case instead of a patriarchy there's a matriarchy and such.

That could work, yeah! Tribes, or Arrows as they are also known, have been created and lost in the past too, so it's feasible, even more so if he were to find one of the arrows as in shamanic artifacts which the Yazgirians are connected to their ancestors. And the Yazgirian Faith is generally focused a lot on shamanism and animism, so it's somewhat disorganized and most of its traditions are oral, which means that it can be interpreted and reinterpreted a lot easier than a fully organized faith would be.

And the plan for your character in its arcs overall looks pretty good. There hasn't been much done with Yazgirian, I don't think that we ever had a Yazgirian character to begin with, and the core elements of your plan are all true - the war has been going badly for the Yazgirians. The Karaki have been more aggressive. Velikiya's situation isn't fully stable, but its margraves have been better at organizing themselves and the last few Yazgirian raids into it have all failed.

I can definetly work with all that. I just need sort of a crash course on further Yazgirian Faith and how their society overall works just to get a better idea of how it all functions and work with that since the Lore page is kind of light on Yazgiria tbh. But knowing the faith is based on Shamanism and animism is very useful.

Well im glad all that can work with the overall world and im not intruding on anything. I'll get to re-working on my app asap.
"I do as I please"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:26 am

Arengin Union wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:

I can definetly work with all that. I just need sort of a crash course on further Yazgirian Faith and how their society overall works just to get a better idea of how it all functions and work with that since the Lore page is kind of light on Yazgiria tbh. But knowing the faith is based on Shamanism and animism is very useful.

Well im glad all that can work with the overall world and im not intruding on anything. I'll get to re-working on my app asap.

Yeah, it is pretty light. I have more lore content planned for it, but my general attempt to update the lore has been pretty slow and Yazgiria is at the end of the list as far as the Silver Realms are concerned.

So, for the Yazgirian Faith - it's the Faith of the Two Mothers. There are two companion goddesses at the core of the faith, but they differ greatly from something like the Faith of the Sixteen - the gods there are very detailed and personified while the Yazgirian deities are a bit more conceptual. Each of these two goddesses has three faces, kinda like the Trinity in a way. The Mother of the Lands exists as the Pure Maiden, the Eternal Mother and the Wise Crone. She is associated with the Earth, the steppes, nature, life and family. The Mother of the Skies exists as the Brave Guardian, the Savage Warrior and the Endless Guide, and she is associated with the Heavens, the soul and the afterlife.

There are also two evil deities or forces, the Scorcher, which is most often associated with the sun, and the Devourer which has often been identified with either the Blighted Lands to the south of Yazgiria or with the Karaki as a whole.

The faith is very disorganized and there are differences between the faith even between the tribes, so there isn't an official interpretation or anything of the sorts. The Yazgirians strongly believe in spirits and they are ordered in like levels of power based on their perceived strength. Important spirits are essentially treated like lower deities - associated with the weather, or specific rivers or mountains, while weaker spirits could be related to a tree. Azure, emerald, amber, and copper are the main color-levels so to say.

Shamans are usually based on one's family, as the children of a shaman most often becomes a shaman too. There is a certain distinction of roles, male shamans are usually more concerned with charms and blessings and seeing the future, while female shamans are trained in more aggressive forms of magic, but it's not a firm distinction because there is a belief that each shaman can do things based on what spirits are connected with his or her soul, so if a shaman is good in a specific form of magic that's what they'll do. The Yazgirians practice a form of Ancient Magic, but their spells are sometimes helped by ritualistic chanting or humming.

Two shamans are always chosen with a specific ceremony to represent the Sky and the Earth, regardless of their genders, and they are believed to be the vessels through which the Two Mothers communicate.

As for their society - it's a matriarchy, so women are favored when it comes to most aspects of life, be it inheritance, leadership or becoming warriors, but it's not strictly so because the Yazgirians value one's ability and strength above all. One specific thing is that they believe that men can naturally be angry, violent and filled with rage while women can not, so Yazgirian warriors are expected to do the opposite - female warriors are expected to be aggressive and sometimes consume shamanic potions, while men are expected to be calm and collected even in battle.

Each tribe is centered around a main clan which owns and protects the "arrow", the magical artifact of their ancestors. Clans and families under it each have a small banner that is embroidered by the elders of that clan with specific words that describe its history. A core concept both within a tribe and for all the tribes is that usually there can be wars and battles between them, but if the elders of a tribe or the two shamans of the Sky and Earth call for peace, all tribes must come together and respect that.

Yazgirians are famous for their riding skills and for their use of enchanted composite bows - some said that it's their own tradition, others think that it's a crude imitation of the skills of the Loroi, but their enchanted bows very rarely miss a shot. And the Yazgirians are also famous for their giant scorpions which are sometimes used in battle alongside horses.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:27 am

And like I said I've always imagined there being some or a lot of variation between the individual tribes and their customs, so you do get quite a bit of leeway in regards to describing the tribe your character would come from or would create later on.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:51 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:And like I said I've always imagined there being some or a lot of variation between the individual tribes and their customs, so you do get quite a bit of leeway in regards to describing the tribe your character would come from or would create later on.

Wonderful. I'll start more indepth work on my app then.
"I do as I please"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:03 pm

Well, it would seem like this is pretty much dead, which is to be expected I suppose.

I'll try to see if there is anyone still interested in it and then I'll maybe slowly start working on that reboot

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:08 pm

I’m still interested.
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:21 am

You know me Thrace, there's never a time that I am not interested.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:01 am

If a reboot means I (and many others) could start from the get go then I'm def interested.
"I do as I please"

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:01 am

Hey all, I'd be interested in a reboot as well. I've been away from NS for a while but I hope not to leave it again lol

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:07 pm

Rewrote apps of existing characters due to massive revamps and backstory changes, such as removing any isekai element to Asche and turning her into a dragon, removing the dark backstory of Stefen and giving that to Jean-Marc, and changing Victoire's name to Gloira. Gonna be doing some narrative reshuffling for the characters I have as well.
Last edited by Intermountain States on Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:38 pm

This still alive!???
"I do as I please"

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:15 pm

Arengin Union wrote:This still alive!???

To our own very pleasant surprise.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse