NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Nice, seeing an IC post after so long is pretty amazing xD

As is seeing that so many people are still interested!

I'll probably wait for a day or two more to see if any of the other players in Łómyśl want to post, and then I'll write a reply for it

I'll also try to see if I can convince some more old players to return in the near future

Fun fact, I had that written and almost ready to go a long time ago, but then I got busy and forgot about it

Oh well xD

That can certainly happen to anyone, so it's alright!
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:27 pm

The entire plot with the Archbishops of Sin and fighting Ekaitz is going to be a bit complicated to continue with so many people missing, but I'll try to see what I can do there too.

And I should be able to finish the Morizian lore within the very near future, so opening up the plot there will be possible, depending on interest
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:27 pm

It's nice to be seeing even more IC posts xD

Tomorrow I will be trying to finally update the list of accepted characters for the first time in years, and as a stopgap measure until the lore for the new threads is ready, I'll try to advertise this in a few places, see if we can get some new players to join us in advance.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:27 pm

The posts that people are waiting for will come tomorrow, but until then, great news! The character lists have been updated properly for the first time in two years!

It's not complete yet in a sense, since I'm still waiting to hear back from some people, but it should be relatively up to date.

If someone who is still around had their character moved to the NPC list - that's not an issue, just say so, the reason that list was created to begin with was to keep a list of former characters around in case their players returned.

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:32 pm

Finally
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:36 pm

Intermountain States wrote:Finally

I will try to update the list again within the next two years

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:39 pm

Another series of posts written at 2 am, like my tradition of writing dictates

Hamenkin
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamenkin » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:38 pm

If this is still going, I'd like to join. I'll start on an app just in case.
月本 民主主義共和國
Hamẽkĩ Mĩjojoyegoñhuakukė
Democratic Republic of Hamenkin

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:40 pm

New members are always a welcome.
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:34 am

Hamenkin wrote:If this is still going, I'd like to join. I'll start on an app just in case.

The roleplay is certainly still going, and new members are always welcome.

If you'll have any questions about the app or the lore, feel free to ask and we'll help xD

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:19 am

Like I've been planning for quite some time, I've added a list of currently existing interactions and the characters taking part in them in both the OOC and the IC. I'm most certainly forgetting a few, but it is meant to be a list that will be updated whenever the situation requires.

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:45 am

I see the RP is still going on, I joined with this character a long while back but never got past my writer's block. I'd like to participate again now that I have more free time and inspiration.

Character Application

Name: Gideon Half-Elven, Gideon of Achisia
Sexual Orientation: Not interested.
Race: Human/Elf Hybrid
Appearance: Gideon
5'11, approximately 145 lbs. Gideon looks about fifteen years younger than he actually is.

Position/Status/Affiliation: Outcast. Wanderer. Scholar. Gideon never stays in one place for long. He is a skilled cartographer, translator, and historian by trade. Will occasionally forge documents for the right price.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Oath magic. As a warrior may sit down nightly to lovingly hone and polish a fine blade, so has Gideon spent his life training his mind to wield that eldritch energy that flows through every being. Having detached himself from material joys and earthly pleasures he has become a conduit between that which is seen and that which is unseen, able to channel the raw power of the primeval. He seeks to master the power of the ancients, that old magic that could drive a man insane and destroy his body. To what end is known only to Gideon.
Equipment: Parchment. Ink. Quill. Spotlight lantern. Oil. Rope (50 ft). Traveling robes. Worn leather boots. Fine shoes. Silk robes. Tomes. Scrolls. Wineskin. Tinderbox. Ornate dagger. Sigil. Pipe. Tobacco. Incense. Spell components.

Personality: Driven. Condescending. Secretive. He is loyal to no one and no thing, but he always pays his debts and keeps his promises. Feels superior to others, and feels an affinity to the dwarves more than to either of his progenitor's races.

Moral Alignment: Chaotic neutral.

Biography: Gideon's father was one of the Children of the Sun, of an ancient line even by Vorian standards. He kept many slaves. One of these slaves was Gideon's mother. He knew neither. Before her pregnancy could be discovered, she was able to escape. This is quite a tale in itself, but altogether irrelevant. Gideon was later born in Arghyo. His mother gave the boy to her sister and disappeared from his life forever.

The woman who raised him, a human named Majira Caros, was kind but strict. He was given chores and lessons daily. When he was not dusting shelves or tending the garden, he studied history. When he wasn't gathering components for her spells or tending to Majira in her laboratory, Gideon learned of politics and the geography that shaped his world.

As he grew older, Majira taught him to meditate upon the mysteries of mana and it's many uses. She eventually took Gideon as her apprentice after he demonstrated his aptitude and natural inclination towards the arcane arts and other pursuits of the mind.

He left Arghyo on a journey to Achisia, which was prospering. Here he further studied magic and becamr associated with several different academies. Gideon witnessed the decline of Achisia into darkness firsthand. By the time he was a master of the Oath, Achisia was marching on the other realms of men, and he left, wanting no part in the wars to come.

Gideon returned to Arghyo. Majira had passed during his time away and left him as the sole beneficiary of her will, which included the estate he had grown up in as well as a small inheritance. When Achisia fell, Gideon left again to study the darkness that had taken hold of the once shining empire, determined to find a link between the Shadow, the Blight, and the ruin of Achisia.

Goals: Mastering of the arcane arts. Exploration of the Shadow. Immortality.
Theme Song: Right in Two

RP Sample: This RP never took off. My post is at the bottom viewtopic.php?f=31&t=429594&start=200
Did you read the Rules?: Yes

#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)

He was moved to the NPC list.
Last edited by Illegal Planets on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDE never dies

”My rock and roll is not to entertain, but to annihilate"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:56 pm

Illegal Planets wrote:I see the RP is still going on, I joined with this character a long while back but never got past my writer's block. I'd like to participate again now that I have more free time and inspiration.

Character Application

5'11, approximately 145 lbs. Gideon looks about fifteen years younger than he actually is.

Position/Status/Affiliation: Outcast. Wanderer. Scholar. Gideon never stays in one place for long. He is a skilled cartographer, translator, and historian by trade. Will occasionally forge documents for the right price.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Oath magic. As a warrior may sit down nightly to lovingly hone and polish a fine blade, so has Gideon spent his life training his mind to wield that eldritch energy that flows through every being. Having detached himself from material joys and earthly pleasures he has become a conduit between that which is seen and that which is unseen, able to channel the raw power of the primeval. He seeks to master the power of the ancients, that old magic that could drive a man insane and destroy his body. To what end is known only to Gideon.
Equipment: Parchment. Ink. Quill. Spotlight lantern. Oil. Rope (50 ft). Traveling robes. Worn leather boots. Fine shoes. Silk robes. Tomes. Scrolls. Wineskin. Tinderbox. Ornate dagger. Sigil. Pipe. Tobacco. Incense. Spell components.

Personality: Driven. Condescending. Secretive. He is loyal to no one and no thing, but he always pays his debts and keeps his promises. Feels superior to others, and feels an affinity to the dwarves more than to either of his progenitor's races.

Biography: Gideon's father was one of the Children of the Sun, of an ancient line even by Vorian standards. He kept many slaves. One of these slaves was Gideon's mother. He knew neither. Before her pregnancy could be discovered, she was able to escape. This is quite a tale in itself, but altogether irrelevant. Gideon was later born in Arghyo. His mother gave the boy to her sister and disappeared from his life forever.

The woman who raised him, a human named Majira Caros, was kind but strict. He was given chores and lessons daily. When he was not dusting shelves or tending the garden, he studied history. When he wasn't gathering components for her spells or tending to Majira in her laboratory, Gideon learned of politics and the geography that shaped his world.

As he grew older, Majira taught him to meditate upon the mysteries of mana and it's many uses. She eventually took Gideon as her apprentice after he demonstrated his aptitude and natural inclination towards the arcane arts and other pursuits of the mind.

He left Arghyo on a journey to Achisia, which was prospering. Here he further studied magic and becamr associated with several different academies. Gideon witnessed the decline of Achisia into darkness firsthand. By the time he was a master of the Oath, Achisia was marching on the other realms of men, and he left, wanting no part in the wars to come.

Gideon returned to Arghyo. Majira had passed during his time away and left him as the sole beneficiary of her will, which included the estate he had grown up in as well as a small inheritance. When Achisia fell, Gideon left again to study the darkness that had taken hold of the once shining empire, determined to find a link between the Shadow, the Blight, and the ruin of Achisia.

RP Sample: This RP never took off. My post is at the bottom viewtopic.php?f=31&t=429594&start=200

Allowing old players to jump back in is one of the reasons for why I keep the links to the apps of old characters instead of just discarding them, so you'd certainly be more than welcome to rejoin xD

I'm not sure if you've edited your app compared to its previous iteration, but even if you did, the app is great so, it's (re)accepted!

Do you have any ideas about what you'd want Gideon to do in the IC?

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:06 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Illegal Planets wrote:I see the RP is still going on, I joined with this character a long while back but never got past my writer's block. I'd like to participate again now that I have more free time and inspiration.

Character Application

Allowing old players to jump back in is one of the reasons for why I keep the links to the apps of old characters instead of just discarding them, so you'd certainly be more than welcome to rejoin xD

I'm not sure if you've edited your app compared to its previous iteration, but even if you did, the app is great so, it's (re)accepted!

Haha awesome. But not really. I need to read up on the lore again, some of the IC too because i'm not sure how much has transpired since I was last active. I had planned on Gideon journeying back into Achisia to see the corruption firsthand and bring samples back to his laboratory. So adventure basically. Gideon isn't wealthy but has his inheritance, plus ties to universities which fund his journeys, so may see about hiring a couple of others for adventurers for a proper party.
Last edited by Illegal Planets on Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDE never dies

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:48 am

Illegal Planets wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Allowing old players to jump back in is one of the reasons for why I keep the links to the apps of old characters instead of just discarding them, so you'd certainly be more than welcome to rejoin xD

Haha awesome. But not really. I need to read up on the lore again, some of the IC too because i'm not sure how much has transpired since I was last active. I had planned on Gideon journeying back into Achisia to see the corruption firsthand and bring samples back to his laboratory. So adventure basically. Gideon isn't wealthy but has his inheritance, plus ties to universities which fund his journeys, so may see about hiring a couple of others for adventurers for a proper party.

Well right now Achysia (new spelling) is in open revolt against the Council so everyone over there is having a grand old time at the moment.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:15 am

Illegal Planets wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Allowing old players to jump back in is one of the reasons for why I keep the links to the apps of old characters instead of just discarding them, so you'd certainly be more than welcome to rejoin xD

It's alright, you can take your time xD

A lot of stuff happened in the IC, a lot of what happened was just individual stuff between characters. At a larger level, there are only a few events that have affected the world ever since. Like Elysian says, in Achysia (new spelling), the Restorationists revolted against the Holy Covenant (formerly the Holy Council, the alliance built around the Faith that defeated Achysia and is still occupying it), so big regions of Achysia are in open revolt, cities are besieged, fun stuff. Xerena is the only realm of the Holy Covenant that has intervened so far.

There was the Night of the Bloody Moons, an event where Lonriel's three moons turn crimson and black magic becomes stronger, which allowed the Cult of Sins to do a lot of things, destroying a few cities, attacking Duivene, helping the Restorationists, creating a lot of undead armies. Generally the "good guys" are still reeling from all these defeats.

There is also an undead plague with unknown origins going on right now in Wyzkia.

And other than that, generally smaller things. An unknown deity in the form of a little boy messing with people, the Faith's Judgement (new name for the former Inquisition) tried to kidnap Princess Alexis of Duivene, one of the Seven Heroes, several Archbishops of Sin are about to fight against Ekaitz and Saeria, two other members of the Seven Heroes.

There is also a mystery going on at the Merckburger Fen in Anselm that seems to involve the legacy of the Tormentils, a mysterious cult that rebelled a few good centuries ago against the Empire of Thorns that at the time controlled Anselm and Wyzkia in order to claim the relic known as well, the Crown of Thorns.

There is also Athyd, an Achysian mage who disappeared into the Shadow during the Great War and returned as a cursed being, Zedeshia has been making some great posts with him with his own plot, but he should eventually reach Xerena and later Achysia again and he'll probably be open for interaction then.

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:48 am

Right on, thanks for the write up. I'll start working on a post to kind of get my momentum.
MDE never dies

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:41 am

Illegal Planets wrote:Right on, thanks for the write up. I'll start working on a post to kind of get my momentum.

Also, what might be of interest to him because of corruption and all that, at least two of the Seven Traitors have been confirmed to have returned and are taking their own actions. Well I say two because they have been taking action that confirms to other people who would be very interested in killing them that they are back.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Fereni
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:07 am

i am. still here. i promise. my mental health has just been taking frequent nosedives and that combined with schoolwork means i've been struggling to get any writing done. (and i do mean any writing. about anything. i haven't written a single damn thing except essays for months.)

but yeah if anyone was worried, don't be, i am here and hopefully will be able to actually get something decent up soon :oops:
i'm keeping the flag until i find something better

Saleon wrote:oh, gosh, you guys are insane.
Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...
Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.
Spindle wrote:We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Even with another name, you having fun is still worrisome.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:41 pm

Fereni wrote:i am. still here. i promise. my mental health has just been taking frequent nosedives and that combined with schoolwork means i've been struggling to get any writing done. (and i do mean any writing. about anything. i haven't written a single damn thing except essays for months.)

but yeah if anyone was worried, don't be, i am here and hopefully will be able to actually get something decent up soon :oops:

It's alright, your mental health is always more important!

But it would indeed be amazing to see you posting again xD

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:43 pm

I've had my own temporary struggle with posting due to the very nice combination of exams and insomnia, but I seem to have gotten over it, and I made some short posts.

I'll finish the bigger post for the undead plague tomorrow, and then all I'll take all the other interactions that I need to answer to one by one xD

And I've also been slowly working on lists, the OP and the lore thread, but that's a project that will take a few weeks.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:27 am

Fereni wrote:i am. still here. i promise. my mental health has just been taking frequent nosedives and that combined with schoolwork means i've been struggling to get any writing done. (and i do mean any writing. about anything. i haven't written a single damn thing except essays for months.)

I was worried. And no, I won't be not worried now.

It is good to at least see you though.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:25 pm

The undead plague post will sadly have to be delayed another day, I've been feeling a little sick today and I haven't been able to finish it.

I'll do my best to have it done by tomorrow though!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:33 pm

Not one of my best posts, and I should really stop writing stuff at 2 am, but I've finished it. It will have to do, because I really got stuck while trying to write it. I'll also have to start rethinking the entire undead plague plot, since it seems that Vid and Amarhael will no longer be a part of it, but we'll see what happens.

I'll be reading the posts I missed and write some more posts tomorrow xD

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:43 pm

You know, thinking about it it kinda makes sense that Celio's childhood friend is an arguably psychopathic assassin.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse