NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:08 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Fereni wrote:curious as to how exactly daniel and leon know EXACTLY what mireille is and EXACTLY what she's like personality-wise just by looking at her.

She might be giving off some vibes they can recognize from their pal Roter in Arghyo. Might.

Everything else, I have no idea. Possible conjecture from the supposedly dangerous/unstable nature of her kind? Maybe coupled with those sligjtly vampiric looks and assumptions of the worst? Honestly, I've got no clue.

Vibes might make them think that something is slightly different, it shouldn't put them in the defensive like that, they couldn't properly identify her as a Nephilim without a spell. There is also a bit of a jump to make from knowing that she's a Nephilim from instantly thinking that she's murderous, even more so if they know a friendly Nephilim.

So yeah, Dragos will have to change that post
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:06 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Alright, here we've got my Morizian characters. They've been sorta-semi planned for...like...a year by now or so and I finally got around to making them now XD.

Give them a proper review Thrac, I'm gonna bet I fudged a few things.

Character Application

Name: Vizconde Luis Fernandez Alfonso de Semiramis y Zenobia
Sexual Orientation: Wildly flipping between a and b.
Race: Half Galarai/Half Human
Appearance: The Brain

Position/Status/Affiliation: Former Viscount of Morizia. Former Regent of Morizia. Currently in exile in Wyzkia
Skills/Powers//Magic:
  • Skilled with the Magic of the Oath, both light and dark yet with a preference for the dark
  • Skilled Blood Magician
  • Untrained, technical ability to utilize Ancient Magic
  • Skilled Strategist
  • Skilled Politician
Equipment: Naught but the clothes on his body and a thick purse full of gold coins and gemstones.

Personality: Despite his youth, Luis is an extremely well behaved and intelligent person, courtesy of his upbringing among nobility which offered excellent tutors and strict disciplinary actions for misbehaviour. This noble facade he has creates distance between himself and others which in turn leads to him tendentially acting rather cold. Yet below that shell he remains in emotional turmoil, stricken by grief, by envy, by rage which occasionally comes out when his facade breaks, manifesting in the occasional night spent crying in his sisters arms or sadistic tendencies.
Moral Alignment:
Biography: Luis Fernandez Alfonso was born as the second child to the Vizcondesa de Semiramis y Zenobia, a Galarai noble living in Morizia. So far so good but you see, his father was none other than the Crown Prince of Morizia and his love with the Vizcondesa, while pure, was not politically viable. He eventually dumped the Vizcondesa in favour of a Vorian noble of much greater political influence and political palpability, something that upset the Vizcondesa to no end, making her seethe and stew in the fires of her own rejection untill neither her body nor her mind could take it any longer...and she committed suicide and blaming the Morizian former Crown Prince, now King, for all her misfortunes.

The short life Luis had with his mother was...an interesting experience. She had been the most loving and caring mother towards him and his sister, a true paragon of virtue and how to raise children...yet at the same time the climate in their estate had been oppressive and his mother's hatred of the royal family contagious. And with her death, he quickly began to nurture his own hatreds, blaming the King, nay, the entire royal family for the demise of his loving mother. It didn't help that his father was doing the best he could for them, giving them additional pensions, sending missives and occasionally offering positions at court, Luis was in too much emotional turmoil to truly register them. It made him a ripe target for less savoury characters who could see someone within him who they could utilize to their advantage. He of course tended to see through their avances but...they held a certain allure for him too that he could not deny. He began plotting and scheming, starting to take a certain interest in the politics of Morizia.

Following the demise of the royal family, Luis saw everything falling into place perfectly. With the last member of the family missing in action, he moved swiftly in setting up a regency council headed by himself to keep order in the country. Now was his great chance, his chance at showing that he would have been the better choice, that his mother would've made for the better queen and he for the best Crown Prince! He would return Morizia to its old glory! Atleast those were his dreams but he was quickly faced with multiple issues. Resistance in other parts of the country to being ruled by the "bastard son", a lack of support, the Chalice missing so he couldn't legitimize himself or utilize it for his own gain. He quickly saw his hand forced to seek for aid from outside the country...and the closest country willing to support him was Anselm...and attached to it the Achysians in their war. The demands were simple, aid in the war and in return he would receive the kingdom. Despite some initial concerns, he trusted in the power of the Achysians and accepted, leading atleast the territories of Morizia that he did control and which were no warzone into a short new golden age.

The Anselmian betrayal came as a surprise and before long Luis found himself backed into a corner by the Anselmian mercenaries and militia that was running rampant around the kingdom...it was only the sheer power and martial prowess of his older sister that saved him from his predicament. Stranded within a sea of enemies, the both of them needed to find a place to flee to and Luis, intelligent as he was, figured that it'd do them well to start diving, to take cover among their enemies. Anselm was notably corrupt and with the right means even the Mage Emperor of Achysia could've hid there and waited so they did much the same, waiting, biding their time. When the war ended with the Alliance winning and Achysia cast down into the dust and with all his hopes.

When Anselm slowly became too...hot for them, Luis and his sister fled across the border into Wyzkia, finding refuge with a corrupt, sympathizing noble. There Luis nurtured his feelings, stewing in them as he always looked south, towards the prize he coveted beyond all others.

Goals: Reclaiming what was rightfully his.
Theme Song:(Optional, a song could be nice, but many people don't like it.)

RP Sample: Tatütata
Did you read the Rules?: No
Miscellaneous:
#KBE7TY2IEV

Character Application

Name: Vizcondesa Isabella Maria Teresa de Semiramis y Zenobia
Sexual Orientation: Quite bi
Race: Half Galarai/Half Human
Appearance: The Muscle

Position/Status/Affiliation: Former Viscountess of Morizia. Former Marshall of Morizia. Currently in exile in Wyzkia.
Skills/Powers//Magic:
  • Highly skilled fighter, particularly with polearms.
  • Somewhat skilled in utilizing Ancient Magic.
  • Skilled enough in utilizing some Magic of the Oath, white and black.
  • Skilled in the usage of Blood Magic.
  • Skilled Military Commander
Equipment:
  • A set of enchanted plate armour, giving a flat buff to speed, strength and resilience.
  • An enchanted Helbard, allowing her to utilize the spilled blood of her enemies on the Helbard to cast Blood Magic.

Personality: Much like her brother Luis, Isabella grew up in a noble environment, doing wonders for her education, her self control and her intelligence. However, the developments over her life have chipped away at her self discipline and she is much more liable to vent herself in bouts of violence and anger or just plain sadism. She is also generally vicious and venomous.
Moral Alignment:
Biography: Similarly to Luis, Isabella was born as the child of the, at the time, Morizian Crown Prince and the Vizcondesa de Semiramis y Zenobia, a noble and pure love...yet sadly an affair. Not that young Isabella understood at the time, living happily with her mother and father...untill her father left them for someone else, leaving behind his children and his wife with a deep sense of dread and betrayal. Luis was spared as he had not lived with his father before yet Isabella and her mother, both of whom had lived and loved with him, were deeply affected and the maelstrom of destructive feelings they felt inside of them threatened to overwhelm them and the noble facade they projected to the outside.

It was her mother who broke first, committing suicide and blaming it all on her husband who had by now become King with some Vorian whore. Strangely, this seemed to actually calm Isabella down, the young girl seeming to have less bouts of anger and streaks of violence, though a certain viciousness remained. In truth her rage had simply cooled down, become cold as ice...and deadly. She was aware of her brother's plotting, encouraged it even and made herself a willing instrument in it so long as she would have her revenge...

Following the death of the Royal Family and Luis' installation at the head of a Regency Council, it was Isabella who was to oversee the military operations as Marshall of Morizia. These entailed primarily utilizing the small core of loyal military forces they had to beat down any who dared to oppose the new order, a task she did with pleasure as it allowed her to live out her violent tendencies...but despite her great personal effort and skill, it was never enough and so they eventually sought help from outside. Isabella was in part responsible for influencing Luis' choice, detailing the military realities of their situation to him and what could best aid them in that case. Before long the troops she led were bolstered by Anselmian rabble and the battles she fought were no longer against disobedient Morizian Lords but against Calarian military formations backed up by Morizians.

The treason of the Anselmians found her in the field, shortly after a victory against a unified Calarian-Morizian host. Her tent was riddled with crossbow bolts and fireballs as she was brooding there over some objects from her late mother...yet she did not perish, having the immense luck of having worn her enchanted armour at the time. Fueled by rage about yet another betrayal that felt all too much like the betrayal of her father, she butchered her way out of the camp, leaving her loyalists behind to get massacred by the Anselmians. She had only one thing on her mind anyway. Her brother was alone and she could not lose him too. She just could not.

It was fortunate that she managed to save him just in the nick of time from the blades of the Anselmian, the two of them then grabbing everything they could take with them and fleeing, fleeing northward towards Anselm. She had her reservations about going to that place, considering it was now filled with enemies but her brother's arguments of that being the last place where they'd be looked for and an easy place to vanish in finally convinced her...though living in the relative squalor and dishonour of Anselm soon went against their nerves, her bouts of violence coming out more often, not in the least due to her poor experience with Anselmians in Morizia. It made it necessary for them to relocate soon as it drew the attention of gangs and other, more dangerous people and so she and her brother were forced to continue their escape, fleeing into Wyzkia where they'd find refuge with a sympathetic noble.
Goals: Vengeance. And the return of what she cherished and loved most.
Theme Song:(Optional, a song could be nice, but many people don't like it.)

RP Sample: How about no?
Did you read the Rules?: I did not read the rules in more than 3 years.
Miscellaneous:(If there is anything else you would want to add..)
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)

Both apps look great, accepted!
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:23 pm

Ceystile wrote:Because everybody needs a horny fairy in their RP (shoutout to Jenna Moreci)

Character Application

(I highly suggest that you should read the OOC and parts of the Lore prior to filling this out, as they can help you when creating an app.)
(Fill it out as requested.)
(Erase everything in parentheses when finishing the app)

Name: Arcoiris Gealín, usually going by Clover. Or Little Bright One to close family and friends.
Sexual Orientation: Pan as flan
Race: Iele (forest fairy)
Appearance: https://64.media.tumblr.com/3f5bd81331e ... d46d6f.png: True to fay nature, he's quite short. He's around 5'3, tall for fairies but quite short by human standards

Position/Status/Affiliation: King of Greater Faewood, one of the many kingdoms of Faerie.
Skills/Powers//Magic: His main abilities are:

Shadow Travel: where he basically misty steps by literally walking through shadow and just popping out somewhere else.
Invisibility: What it says on the tin
Glamours: Can create a magical illusion to disguise one thing as another thing
Shapeshifting: Can shapeshift into various animals
Faerie Fire: Just typical run of the mill fire, except technicolor
Plant growth: Can manipulate and control the growth of plants.

Equipment: His horse, Seren, a nightmare. A fairy spirit often taking the form of a black horse that’s been known to jump into the dreams of mortals and cause nightmares (I can totally change it if it breaks too much lore). He also comes equipped with a bow and quiver of arrows, a dark blue cloak and a small handheld enchanted mirror he uses to keep in contact with his children and advisors.

Personality: Clover is a kind and adventurous spirit, and he possesses a child-like wonder at anything new. Like most fay, he's prone to mischief and pulling pranks, and his looser set of morals are on a "case by case" basis which can clash with the firm, set laws of the other species. He's devoted to his people and his land, and wants to make sure that they're protected and so isn't afraid to fight, but he's a little naive and a bit of a himbo so sometimes his devoted father-figure has to watch out for his ditzy ass.
Moral Alignment: CHAOTIC NEUTRAL AS FUCK! But he leans toward helping people more because making enemies is too much of a headache.

Biography: Clover was the eldest child born to Queen Eilish and King Aubre, the last monarchs of the Greater Faywood. He and his younger sister, Princess Wintry grew up in the Broadleaf Woods among the fairies and sprites of their court. Clover can't really say anything too badly about his childhood, he looks back on it with fondness under the care of the elder fae and his loyal friend/devoted caretaker Spriggan, a Frost fae with some disdain for humans. But he loved the young prince as if he were his own son, and the two of them are thick as thieves to this day. Young Arcoiris (who'd always hated his full name) was a curious child, always getting into things and playing games, fun-loving and happy. But his father made it clear that sometimes he'd have to get serious if he was to protect the people and sit in the Oaken Throne one day. He rarely ventured beyond his forest and he stayed out of the affairs of others, as most fairies tended to do. He was like most of his kind, fond of moonlit forest revels (ain't no party like a fairy party, know what I'm sayin'?) and company. Lots and lots of "company", but he had aspects to him that humans would consider "normal". He got married for a while, had a couple of kids (if seven kids is what you would call a "couple"), got a divorce and ran his kingdom.

Between taking care of a kingdom, being a father, and squeezing time in for his own hobbies he had little concern for any activity going on outside their borders apart from the occasional and casual observation, but all that changed once a string of fairies started disappearing from his realm. The new king was of course very concerned by this, nobody knew if this group of fey were captured or killed because fairies usually don’t just wander away from their lands. They’re very powerful beings magically, if somewhat recluse, so if somebody had managed to lure and kidnap a group of fairies away, that would be more than enough motive. No culprit has come to life yet, but whoever it is, they're going to have hell to pay when he roots them out. Leaving his eldest son Thorn in charge of the kingdom until his return, Clover has decided that it’s his duty as king to go and find his missing people himself...as such, he has disguised himself among mortals and now walks among them.
Goals: To locate his missing people and return with them safely to Faerie. Be a good ruler and father...maybe find some "company" while he's out, who knows?
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBETMTwpud0

RP Sample:(If I know you, you can skip this part, but if not, I need a sample to see how good you are.)
Did you read the Rules?: Yes
Miscellaneous: He has that ancient fairy weakness to iron, especially cold iron. If he even touches it, it burns his skin like the fires of hell. Also, his appearance picture is my own artwork.

Accepted!

Fereni
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:25 pm

congratulations, you made her mad

(i bet sitri will be happy about this)
i'm keeping the flag until i find something better

Saleon wrote:oh, gosh, you guys are insane.
Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...
Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.
Spindle wrote:We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Even with another name, you having fun is still worrisome.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:33 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:Oh, by the way, was it ever mentioned what a demon's blood was like? I just assumed it'd be some sort of demonic black ichor type thing, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

it wasn't, but yeah, black ichor-type works well.

Gods and divine descended beings tend to have golden blood, while angels tend to have silver blood.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:34 pm

Fereni wrote:congratulations, you made her mad

Perhaps he will xD

I am working on a post for Pride too, but it might only be ready tomorrow morning since it's close to midnight here already

Fereni
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:40 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:

Perhaps he will xD

I am working on a post for Pride too, but it might only be ready tomorrow morning since it's close to midnight here already
thats fair :) dont push yourself

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...
Spindle wrote:We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Even with another name, you having fun is still worrisome.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:47 pm

You're not wrong. :p

Tracian Empire wrote:
Nea Videssos wrote:Oh, by the way, was it ever mentioned what a demon's blood was like? I just assumed it'd be some sort of demonic black ichor type thing, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

it wasn't, but yeah, black ichor-type works well.

Gods and divine descended beings tend to have golden blood, while angels tend to have silver blood.

I guess the silver blood of angels might turn black upon becoming a fallen angel/demon? I dunno. I should also probably include a bit of the red/human blood of the possessed body mixed with the demonic ichor.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Ceystile
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ceystile » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:53 pm

Thanks Trace! Get ready for some fae shenanigans (ditzy king and his tired/devoted servant). I wonder if I should make an app for Spriggan too, he won't be a major character but you will see him quite a bit since he's literally like his personal assistant.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:57 pm

I've decided to go for a reaction I'd say appropriately befits a demon who's basically the avatar of horny masochism.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"

Ceystile
Diplomat

Postby Ceystile » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:10 pm

Since all the action is going on in either Anselm and Arghyo, I may start at one of those locations.

Fereni
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:21 pm

wow i can't tell if i love that post or hate it

it's so well written but also i o_o
Last edited by Fereni on Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:32 pm

Fereni wrote:wow i can't tell if i love that post or hate it

it's so well written but also i o_o

I guess that's a good thing, eh? But yeah, that's about what you should expect when Meta takes the "whip them into line through force" approach to a masochistic Archbishop of Lust.

Funny, just as you say that I just had to fix a typo I spotted. :p
That aside, I guess the post is better written than usual for me because it's quite easy for me to put myself in the perspective of Sitri. Probably says more about my degeneracy than anything else.
Last edited by Nea Videssos on Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragos Bee
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Dragos Bee » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:27 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:She might be giving off some vibes they can recognize from their pal Roter in Arghyo. Might.

Everything else, I have no idea. Possible conjecture from the supposedly dangerous/unstable nature of her kind? Maybe coupled with those sligjtly vampiric looks and assumptions of the worst? Honestly, I've got no clue.

Vibes might make them think that something is slightly different, it shouldn't put them in the defensive like that, they couldn't properly identify her as a Nephilim without a spell. There is also a bit of a jump to make from knowing that she's a Nephilim from instantly thinking that she's murderous, even more so if they know a friendly Nephilim.

So yeah, Dragos will have to change that post

Sorry for the delay, I'll alter that post.

Edit: Fixed.
Last edited by Dragos Bee on Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my behavior, P2TM.

Ceystile
Diplomat

Postby Ceystile » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:21 pm

I need to know how y'all find these pics cuz I can rarely find anything that matches what I have in mind unless I use a doll maker or make it myself (of course I'm willing to compromise on some things, I know nothing is perfect)

Dragos Bee
Minister

Postby Dragos Bee » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:23 pm

Ceystile wrote:I need to know how y'all find these pics cuz I can rarely find anything that matches what I have in mind unless I use a doll maker or make it myself (of course I'm willing to compromise on some things, I know nothing is perfect)

I use Google or Ecosia.

Also, will not be able to post right now - I need to eat lunch soon.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:40 am

Ceystile wrote:I need to know how y'all find these pics cuz I can rarely find anything that matches what I have in mind unless I use a doll maker or make it myself (of course I'm willing to compromise on some things, I know nothing is perfect)

Google images and generally finding the picture before the character.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Ceystile
Diplomat

Postby Ceystile » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:12 am

Is anybody in Anselm who's still free? If not, I'll have the fae swing by Arghyo or something.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:33 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:

Google images and generally finding the picture before the character.

That has led me to creating a couple characters. More or less seeing an image and saying "I can make a character out of this".
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Dragos Bee
Minister

Postby Dragos Bee » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:23 am

Ceystile wrote:Is anybody in Anselm who's still free? If not, I'll have the fae swing by Arghyo or something.

Not sure myself.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:05 am

I have approximately 0 characters in Anselm.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:06 am

Ceystile wrote:Is anybody in Anselm who's still free? If not, I'll have the fae swing by Arghyo or something.

Yes, but I am fairly certain you'd rather not want those.

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:I have approximately 0 characters in Anselm.

Heh (meanwhile had 0 characters outside of Anselm)
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:20 am

Dragos Bee wrote:
Character Application

Name: Michael Alexander (Michal Czeslaw Aleksandrowicz)

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Race: Human

Appearance:

(Image)
He is 164cm/5'5" tall, and he weighs 74kg

Position/Status/Affiliation: Painter employed by a Noble of Morizia (New Nation Thrace plans to introduce), soon to be presented to its King.

Skills/Powers//Magic:

Imperial Lineage (Renegil, Emperor of Thorns) - From his descent from the Emperor of Thorns, Michael/Michal has a longer lifespan than most people and a natural affinity with Magic in general. However, his most powerful trait is the instinctive ability for Nature Magic, allowing him a natural affinity for magical healing (which although it does not require the presence of healing plants, works better when those herbs are present), as well as the ability to magically grow and control plants, allowing him to turn weeds into strangling nets and tree branches into grasping arms.

Painting Skills - Despite his age, Michael is one hell of a Painter, able to make realistic paintings which master perspective, color, and lighting. With a sufficient patron, Michael can create works of art hopefully sufficient to win royal favor.

Courtly Etiquette - Michael knows how to act properly in a Noble or Royal Court, with decorum.

White Magic (Clairvoyance) - In his youth, Michael had a beloved sibling. Said sibling was killed in the War of the Seven Realms and Michael vowed that next time, he was going to have the power to save the people he cares about from death. And thus, Michael learned how to use reflective surfaces and clear crystals to project his senses across space, able to project his sight up to the middle of Wyzkia with a good-enough reflective surface and a high cost in Mana. This can be warded against with the proper magic.

White Magic (Mental Influence and Psychic Therapy) - Michael has learned to soothe people's minds through Magic, either 'manually' (normal spellcasting) or by using his paintings as a medium. By prolonged contact or repeated exposure to his paintings (if they are of soothing scenes), Michael can slowly reknit a damaged mind to somewhat working order. This also works against magically-induced madness or mind control.

Equipment:

Personal Equipment

- 1x Painters' Smock with hat.
- 1x Paintbrush.
- 1x Set of Paints + Palette.
- 1x Fine Clothes for court appearances.
- 1x Concealed Knife.
- 1x Pouch of Silver.

Artist's Studio

- 500 gold pieces (or the equivalent in silver or copper).
- Spare Art Supplies.
- Spare Canvas.
- A set of fine glass mirrors for painting (and also divination).
- Mana Potions disguised as extra-potent coffee.
- Healing Potions disguised as extra-potent tea.

Personality: For someone propelled to fame in Morizia within a few short months, Michael does not seem to show much pride or arrogance in his fame and status, preferring to work on his craft. He is respectful to those of his social station or better, as well as to those 'lower' than him, keeping his thoughts to himself.

Of course, that isn't the entire truth. Michael is recovering from his own issues with grief, and also a boundless curiosity as to why this state of things exists. He is willing to work with anyone, even Achysians, to satisfy this curiosity, and is one step away from openly sympathizing with them. Nevertheless, his hatred is reserved for slavers and the members of the Black Band due to events in his past and would stop at nothing to bring them down. Bloodily.

Moral Alignment: Neutral Good

Biography: An up-and-coming prodigy painter from obscure origins given patronage by a nobleman looking to gain favor with the Boy-King. This nobleman saw Michael's paintings and decided to give him patronage, hoping that the beauty of Michael's creations would enchant the Royal Court into raising his status.

Now for the real story.

Michal was born into the Aleksandrowicz Family, an influential branch of Wyzkian nobility. As a fourth son, he was trained as a Mage, this training only intensified when it turned out he was the magically strongest of his brothers, whom he was close with. Jan, Lezyk, and Lazar were their names, and they were all great warriors who saw their baby brother as someone to protect. They were good people, brave and honorable even to the enemy, and Michal only wanted to protect them. And so when all four brothers were called to the War of the Seven Realms, Michael knew that he could not fail to save his brothers from the prospect of death.

He failed.

The Aleksandrowicz Family had always loathed the Company of the Forsaken, not just for their participation in the slave trade but also because a long time ago, a branch of their family had decided to side with the Anselmite Rebellion, specifically joining the Company. And just their luck, a renegade member of their family, Albert Aleksandrowicz, was commanding a detachment of the company, protected by the Black Band itself, and upon learning of their presence, taunted all four brothers by flaunting his presence and actions in front of them, parading enslaved Achysians in front of the Wyzkizian camp as the armies of the combined realms pushed deeper into Achysian land.

Upon hearing that this detachment of the Company and attending mercenaries were going on a long-range expedition to pick up more 'stock', Jan, Lezyk, and Lazar had the bright idea of going off on an expedition of their own in order to ambush and destroy the slavers and their ilk and then get away without anyone being the wiser. They made sure to leave Michael behind in the camp just in case anything went wrong, before departing on their expedition with their retainers. Needless to say, the ambush went well at first, until a detachment of Hailarchy forces saw the skirmish going on and decided to side with the Company of the Forsaken and the Black Band, capturing Jan, Lezyk, and Lazar.

When Michal woke up from a fitful night's sleep, he was brought out to witness Jan being beheaded and Lezyk and Lazar being stripped of their rank and taken to the Hailarchy's territories, where they would vanish into its dungeons. But worse was to come - The Wyzkisian Kębra had decided to deprive the Aleksandrovich family of their lands and wealth for 'collaboration with the Achysian foe'.

Lacking the protection of his noble rank, but still too potent a Mage to be cast aside entirely, Michael participated in the final push against the Achysian Capital, slaughtering many of the 'enemy' so that he himself can live. Then he was allowed to go home to Wyzkia, where his parents, now exiled and grief-stricken, used the last of their money and connections to send him to Morizia, as far south from their troubles as they can send him. This last grief caused him to break down, causing him to wonder: Why must this conflict happen? Why must the Achysian Emperor have started this war in the first place?

And finally, he realized, he can find out why. He still had the power, so he can find out why. And all he had to do was re-knit his mind and that of the boy-king...

Goals: Make friends, survive the deadly intrigues of the court, and further his career. Also, find out why the War of the Seven Realms happened in the first place.

Theme Song: N/A

RP Sample: You Know Me.
Did you read the Rules?: Yes.
Miscellaneous: N/A

Accepted

Dragos Bee
Minister

Postby Dragos Bee » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:20 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Accepted

Thanks!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:24 am

Now to have Pride intervene before the Archbishops start fighting among themselves

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse