NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:05 pm

bump.

I wanted to join a long time ago, but wasn't able to before. I think I can now? Just putting a mark here so I know where to come back to.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:28 am

I should probably do something
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:14 pm

Oscalantine wrote:bump.

I wanted to join a long time ago, but wasn't able to before. I think I can now? Just putting a mark here so I know where to come back to.

Glad to have you here Oscal xD
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:23 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:I should probably do something

Well, we could perhaps continue the Az/Illari/Nysa posts. Also, once I manage to review Vid's app, there might eventually be a few meetings of the Archbishops of Sin.

Or of course, if you want to do something else or come up with another character, that would be possible too
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:I should probably do something

Well, we could perhaps continue the Az/Illari/Nysa posts. Also, once I manage to review Vid's app, there might eventually be a few meetings of the Archbishops of Sin.

Or of course, if you want to do something else or come up with another character, that would be possible too

Oh, I know what I could do. I was just commenting that I probably should get around to doing it
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Great New England Confederation
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Relic App

Names: The Giggling Sword
Type: Cursed
Sexual Orientation: Unknown, Presumably Asexual
Race: Mavka
Form as an object: Image
Form as a being: rumored to be a dark, feminine figure, of unknown age, however this is unconfirmed as only the current wielder can lay eyes upon the true form of the relic

Position/Status/Affiliation:
The Giggling sword does not seem to have any true master, simply seeking out its own agenda and purposes, although it has demonstrated an ability to be cooperative, especially with a wielder that has gained its respect through actions while wielding the weapon. In the case of its wielder, it is less of a case of master and slave as it is a bond between partners, perhaps one could even call it a merging of the two beings.
Skills/Powers//Magic:
Magical Negation: This ability is caused by the spiritual/demonic presence within the sword itself, and gives the sword the ability to survive/negate the effects of a magical weapon/ item that strikes it, this ability applies only to the sword itself, and not the wielder
Soul Thirst: Upon killing a victim, the being bound to the blade absorbs the spiritual energy of the being/person killed, including undead and incorporeal beings
Test of Worthiness: The sword uses the connection with the wielders soul to assess the abilities and skills of the wielder, along with their personality and desires, if deemed worthy, the wielder will be able to wield the weapon, if deemed unworthy, the being inside will devour the soul of the attempted wielder, killing them instantly.
Test of Will: This affect will continue as long as the wielder is alive and has a soul connection with the sword. The being inside will attempt to affect the emotions and personality of the wielder, via temptation, jokes, teasing, insults, etc, this can lead those of weak minds to insanity

Personality: While the being inside the giggling sword is ill understood, those who have wielded it have an interesting tale of the being they share their soul with. It is often described as being a mischievous, but not outwardly evil entity, that seems to take a very pragmatic view on things it comes into contact with, even in regards to its soul eating habits, as this is merely a source of sustaining itself rather than out of any real desire to do so. However this should not be misunderstood as being overly friendly either, as there are many cases where a good adventure has been tempted into doing horrible deeds for the amusement of the being, just as much as there are those who have done great good with it.
Moral Alignment: Pragmatic, mischievous at times
History: The Giggling sword is not a very well known, or understood relic, having first appeared millennia ago, after a being who's name is yet unknown was sealed away in a sword. Since that point, the sword has drifted around from wielder to wielder, although quite a few unfortunate adventurers have fallen prey to its need to devour souls, especially those who have been deemed unworthy.
Goals:[/b] While it's true goal is unkown, many of its past wielders have found that it possess's a particular dislike for holy and demonic creatures, perhaps explaining its abilities regarding holy and demonic relics
Theme Song:(Optional, a song could be nice, but many people don't like it.)

RP Sample:
Karl Sinsa walked carefully up the stepa of the abandoned house, where it was rumored that a mischievous spirit made its home, the smell of mold and rotting timber and fabric ran rampant throughout the aging building. The only sound was that of the creaking floor, as he carefully made his way up the stairs to the upper floor.

There the young adventurer came to a locked door, and when he approached it, lock pick in hand, he felt as if someone were watching him, and at one point he swore he heard a woman giggling. With careful movements, and the occasional click of a tumbler being set into place correctly, he undid the lock that prevented him from gaining access to the room on the other side of that door. He breathed heavily as he opened it, the rusting hinges giving a loud, unsettling creak as he slowly pushed the door open, feeling the aging, splintering timber underneath his gloved hand. When he entered the room he got the unsettling feeling that there was something wrong, a feeling that increased as he approached the right hand corner of the room, a corner which held a old wooden chest, which was oddly chained shut. He raised his hand, and whispered a chant, and the chains became white with blistering cold ice, becoming brittle with the sudden, and drastic drop in temperature. With a quick, hard pull the brittle metal snapped, and he opened the chest.

Inside, laying atop a soft linen cloth, was a dark sword, approximately seventy five centimeters from crossguard to tip, which gave a faint, eary purple glow, and he swore that the gem in its hilt was staring at him eagerly, almost begging him to pick it up. He reached in and grabbed the hilt, lifting the sword from its wooden prison, and was surprised by the weight, the weapon felt well balanced, yet was easy on the wrist.

That feeling was soon replaced by dread, as he heard a feminine voice speak, except he had not heard it in his ears as much as he had in his head, a voice that spoke words that sent chills down his spine. "Unfortunate that you are not worthy, it could have been fun playing with your mind" as

Before he could react, he felt a tiredness creeping over his body, and before long, he lost the ability to stand, and as he laid there, sword still in hand, his world slowly faded to black, and giggling was the last thing his soul ever heard, as it was ripped from his body and drawn into the gem in swirling blue shadows, and his lifeless body shrivelled up, and began turning into a fine, grey dust, leaving nothing but a pile of dust, and dark sword.
Did you read the Rules?: Yes
Miscellaneous: Besides the effects listed above, this weapon does not alter or change the user physically or magically.
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)
Last edited by Great New England Confederation on Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:39 pm

Now, to figure out what to do with my other 3 characters...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:03 pm

Great New England Confederation wrote:
Relic App

Form as an object: (Image)
Form as a being: rumored to be a dark, feminine figure, of unknown age, however this is unconfirmed as only the current wielder can lay eyes upon the true form of the relic
(Image)

The Giggling sword does not seem to have any true master, simply seeking out its own agenda and purposes, although it has demonstrated an ability to be cooperative, especially with a wielder that has gained its respect through actions while wielding the weapon. In the case of its wielder, it is less of a case of master and slave as it is a bond between partners, perhaps one could even call it a merging of the two beings.
Skills/Powers//Magic:
Magical Negation: This ability is caused by the spiritual/demonic presence within the sword itself, and gives the sword the ability to survive/negate the effects of a magical weapon/ item that strikes it, this ability applies only to the sword itself, and not the wielder
Soul Thirst: Upon killing a victim, the being bound to the blade absorbs the spiritual energy of the being/person killed, including undead and incorporeal beings
Test of Worthiness: The sword uses the connection with the wielders soul to assess the abilities and skills of the wielder, along with their personality and desires, if deemed worthy, the wielder will be able to wield the weapon, if deemed unworthy, the being inside will devour the soul of the attempted wielder, killing them instantly.
Test of Will: This affect will continue as long as the wielder is alive and has a soul connection with the sword. The being inside will attempt to affect the emotions and personality of the wielder, via temptation, jokes, teasing, insults, etc, this can lead those of weak minds to insanity

Personality: While the being inside the giggling sword is ill understood, those who have wielded it have an interesting tale of the being they share their soul with. It is often described as being a mischievous, but not outwardly evil entity, that seems to take a very pragmatic view on things it comes into contact with, even in regards to its soul eating habits, as this is merely a source of sustaining itself rather than out of any real desire to do so. However this should not be misunderstood as being overly friendly either, as there are many cases where a good adventure has been tempted into doing horrible deeds for the amusement of the being, just as much as there are those who have done great good with it.
History: The Giggling sword is not a very well known, or understood relic, having first appeared millennia ago, after a being who's name is yet unknown was sealed away in a sword. Since that point, the sword has drifted around from wielder to wielder, although quite a few unfortunate adventurers have fallen prey to its need to devour souls, especially those who have been deemed unworthy.
Goals:[/b] While it's true goal is unkown, many of its past wielders have found that it possess's a particular dislike for holy and demonic creatures, perhaps explaining its abilities regarding holy and demonic relics

RP Sample:
Karl Sinsa walked carefully up the stepa of the abandoned house, where it was rumored that a mischievous spirit made its home, the smell of mold and rotting timber and fabric ran rampant throughout the aging building. The only sound was that of the creaking floor, as he carefully made his way up the stairs to the upper floor.

There the young adventurer came to a locked door, and when he approached it, lock pick in hand, he felt as if someone were watching him, and at one point he swore he heard a woman giggling. With careful movements, and the occasional click of a tumbler being set into place correctly, he undid the lock that prevented him from gaining access to the room on the other side of that door. He breathed heavily as he opened it, the rusting hinges giving a loud, unsettling creak as he slowly pushed the door open, feeling the aging, splintering timber underneath his gloved hand. When he entered the room he got the unsettling feeling that there was something wrong, a feeling that increased as he approached the right hand corner of the room, a corner which held a old wooden chest, which was oddly chained shut. He raised his hand, and whispered a chant, and the chains became white with blistering cold ice, becoming brittle with the sudden, and drastic drop in temperature. With a quick, hard pull the brittle metal snapped, and he opened the chest.

Inside, laying atop a soft linen cloth, was a dark sword, approximately seventy five centimeters from crossguard to tip, which gave a faint, eary purple glow, and he swore that the gem in its hilt was staring at him eagerly, almost begging him to pick it up. He reached in and grabbed the hilt, lifting the sword from its wooden prison, and was surprised by the weight, the weapon felt well balanced, yet was easy on the wrist.

That feeling was soon replaced by dread, as he heard a feminine voice speak, except he had not heard it in his ears as much as he had in his head, a voice that spoke words that sent chills down his spine. "Unfortunate that you are not worthy, it could have been fun playing with your mind" as

Before he could react, he felt a tiredness creeping over his body, and before long, he lost the ability to stand, and as he laid there, sword still in hand, his world slowly faded to black, and giggling was the last thing his soul ever heard, as it was ripped from his body and drawn into the gem in swirling blue shadows, and his lifeless body shrivelled up, and began turning into a fine, grey dust, leaving nothing but a pile of dust, and dark sword.
Miscellaneous: Besides the effects listed above, this weapon does not alter or change the user physically or magically.

Nice!
The one small issue is that while the relic might appear as a Mavka - there is no way for anyone to truly know whether its soul was that of a Mavka before being turned into a relic, but that's a little detail. Accepted!

I have to ask though, do you plan to also make a character to serve as its wielder, or will you try to find a wielder ICly? Relics can wander around for a while without a wielder, but they would eventually need one.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:22 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Now, to figure out what to do with my other 3 characters...

Well, we'll have to see exactly who is still around and what will happen next. But for those characters that for one reason or another won't be able to continue their old interactions I'll try to help the players start something new

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Now, to figure out what to do with my other 3 characters...

Well, we'll have to see exactly who is still around and what will happen next. But for those characters that for one reason or another won't be able to continue their old interactions I'll try to help the players start something new

Yakr was just left alone after the battle with the "Evil Princess"
Pynus + Nym are with Marina during the Night of the whatever moon in a city on the coast ready to face something from the sea, I believe.
Auryon never had anyone come face her.

So, two of the three are because either no one wanted to interact with them, or fight them.
And the other was because I was waiting for something to be thrown at them... and then was just to lazy to try and write for them in a generic battle when it was made clear that no one would throw anything at them
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:33 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Great New England Confederation wrote:
Relic App

Form as an object: (Image)
(Image)

Skills/Powers//Magic:

RP Sample:

Nice!
The one small issue is that while the relic might appear as a Mavka - there is no way for anyone to truly know whether its soul was that of a Mavka before being turned into a relic, but that's a little detail. Accepted!

I have to ask though, do you plan to also make a character to serve as its wielder, or will you try to find a wielder ICly? Relics can wander around for a while without a wielder, but they would eventually need one.

I actually planned on having the goal of my character in rp coincide with finding the relic, as i figured it would be more interesting to see the conflict surrounding the weapon, particularly that of the character who wields it struggling to keep control while wielding it

And i mainly went with Makva just because it was closest to the personality of the being in question
Last edited by Great New England Confederation on Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:48 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, we'll have to see exactly who is still around and what will happen next. But for those characters that for one reason or another won't be able to continue their old interactions I'll try to help the players start something new

Pynus + Nym are with Marina during the Night of the whatever moon in a city on the coast ready to face something from the sea, I believe.

So, two of the three are because either no one wanted to interact with them, or fight them.
And the other was because I was waiting for something to be thrown at them... and then was just to lazy to try and write for them in a generic battle when it was made clear that no one would throw anything at them

Yeah...uh...so the war got retconned a year or so ago so they're really only waiting for the usual cultist filth.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:28 am

Character Application

Name: Itralias Missarias
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Race: Human/Loroi (Loroi of the Sun) Hybrid
Appearance:Image

Position/Status/Affiliation: Independent, Is currently working as a freelance explorer/investigator
Skills/Powers//Magic:
- Bladed Martial Arts: Itralias has developed a fondness for combat techniques revolving around swords and knives, and has learned no fewer than twelve seperate forms of armed martial arts during his travels
- Alchemic Skills: Itralias, over the course of his travels, has learned to mix various ingredients, mainly herbs and other plants, to make useful mixtures.
- Latent Magical Ability: Itralias has a good degree of natural magical power, particularly relating to light and dark magics, however due to lack of a proper tutor and experience, he is unaware of it, and most of his magical happenenings are accidental
-Swordsense: This ability activates passively whenever Itralias wields a sword, regardless of type, which causes Itralias to become more in tune with the movements of his body, allowing hims to exploit his natural flexibility, speed and strength to a more fine tuned degree than normal
- Bladelight: Occurs whever wielding a bladed weapon in a dark area, or in the presence of creatures of cursed or demonic nature, the blade of the weapon will be covered in a dim glow of light magic, providing both light for a short distance, no brighter than a normal candlelight, and also causing additional harm to creatures of cursed nature.
- Shadowblade: Occurs whenever wielding a bladed weapon in the presence of a creature of light, such as an angel or niphilium. This passive ability surrounds the blade in dark magical energy, appearing as a faint swirrling shadows surrounding the blade of the weapon.
Equipment:
- Tempered Steel Shortsword: Image
- Steel Woodcutting Axe
- Compass
- Mini Sundial
- Leather Knapsack
- Wolffur Blanket
- Alchemical Mortar
- Flint and Steel
- Steel Lorica Segmenta armor curaiss
- Steel Helmet
- Leather Boots
- Leather Bound Journal
- Set of writting charcoals
- Alchemical Journal
- Leather Water Pouch
- Mirror
- Personal Shaving Kit

Personality: Itralas is typically a quiet, reserved person, prefering to let his actions speak louder than his words, however he has a passion when it comes to the methods of fighting with swords. He is normally fairly honest, however when it comes to speaking of his past, and particularly about his parents, he can be very tight lipped.
Moral Alignment: Leaning on the side of positive
Biography: Itralas was born to a human father, and a Dark Loroi mother in the League of Anselm, and because of this he felt a great deal of discrimination as a child. Despite this, the young Istralas went on to eventully learn swordsmanship under several tutors, becoming very skilled with a blade, and eventually found himself in the local town guard for a few years. However this changed during a incident where he was forced to kill a child that had been possesed by a demonic being, and while he was not charged with murder due to the circumstances surrounding the killing, he was forced to resign from the Town Guard, it was after this that he got his first experience as an explorer of ancient ruins, and has since been making a living exploring ruins for those willing to pay for his services.
Goals: Istralas simply wishes to make a life for himself in the world
Theme Song: n/a

RP Sample: Istralas looked up from the parchment he had been given, the instructions on it having directed him to where he was now. The thick stone doors, covered in vines and the marks of thousands of years of wear and exposure to the elements. He was about to open them when he heard a sound behind him, and turned, coming face to face with a creature he was not familiar with, and was forced to roll to the right to avoid a swing from the blade it was carrying, dropping his knapsack from his back in the process. He drew his blade, and with a quick, fluid flourish of the blade, spun around and brought the blade up to block a strike from the creature, the loud clang of metal on metal ringing out, as the blade of Istralas's sword began to be surrounding in a faint light. The creature made another swing, but this time Istralas struck the blade, and used the momentum to roll his blade under the creatures sword, and push it upwards, before driving his own blade downwards, and into the creatures center, driving it deep as the creature let own a pained shreak, and then twisted it, before quickly withdrawing it and back stepping to avoid a sword strike, resulting in the blade scrapping across his armor, leaving a long scratch across the interlocking steel plates.

Miscellaneous:n/a
#KBE7TY2IEV
Last edited by Great New England Confederation on Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:27 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Yeah...uh...so the war got retconned a year or so ago so they're really only waiting for the usual cultist filth.

Oh I know Exil. I know. Doesn't change the fact that I was waiting and too lazy to take imitative
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:17 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Yeah...uh...so the war got retconned a year or so ago so they're really only waiting for the usual cultist filth.

Oh I know Exil. I know. Doesn't change the fact that I was waiting and too lazy to take imitative

Alright then, just thought you should know in case you didn't but it seems you did.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:23 am

Great New England Confederation wrote:[box]
Character Application

Name: Itralias Missarias

A few small details: the Elves are known as the Loroi, and it would be interesting if you'd choose whether his mother was a Loroi of the Moon (light elf) or a Loroi of the Sun (dark elf). The realm he was born in would also greatly influence his interactions with other characters. You can find Loroi in all human realms, they're on the map, - I think that Anselm or Calaria would make the most sense.

Other than that, like I mentioned, him wearing a lorica segmentata would be pretty anachronistic, and you could come up with an interesting story as to how he found it, but it wouldn't be impossible for him to find one, so it's not an issue.

And since those above are all small details that would only need small additions, you can consider the app accepted!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:56 pm

Character Application

Name: Adelheid Edhelraeneth von und zu Strahlgrund
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Race: Human with a fleeting percentage of Loroi.
Appearance: Here there be Strahlgrund!

Position/Status/Affiliation:Anselmian Noble of House Strahlgrund
Skills/Powers//Magic:
  • Excellent Fencer
  • Fluent in Anselmian, Wyzkian, Calarian, Velikiyan, Duivenian, Achisian and Loroispeak
  • Excellent flute and lute player
  • Well schooled in history, politics, rethoric, geography etc.
Equipment:
  • Fencing Rapier
  • Phoenix Brooch

Personality: A calm and collected individual at most times who always seeks to prepare for all eventualities and maintain a calm and noble facade at all times. Generally cares a lot about about others' perception of her. Also genuinely actually cares for the well-being of those around her and the innocent.
Moral Alignment: Lawful good.
Biography: Adelheid was born as yet another child in a long line of prominent Anselmian nobles, the so-called Strahlgrunds. Being a member of such a prestigious dynasty, her childhood was obviously hell, a small host of private teachers taking up seemingly every waking moment, forcing the most abstruse studies down her throat for her entire childhood. And her parents, while never harsh or cruel to her but rather loving and nice, never ever allowed her any respite from this torment, knowing full-well that their child would thank them for it in due time.

Adelheid certainly became more distanced and reserved as her studies progressed, learning how to maintain the facades expected off her. And with one of those facades she did thank her parents.

Yet she never realized how truly necessary her training and studies were untill her father took her with him to the Anselmian Grand Assembly on the eve of its betrayal of Achisia. It was here that she got to experience politics, specifically Anselmian politics, in all their corrupt and dirty glory. It was here that she realized why her parents had invested so much into her education, knowing full well that she would eventually have to uphold the family honour and ideals before this cesspit of sin.

It was also here that she first saw the family's foremost rival. Konrad Unsterb, a noble from a just as prestigious yet also dark dynasty who had left his noble roots behind and become a wealthy merchant instead...and some said a smuggler for dangerous or illicit goods. And as though Konrad had also decided that on this historic day he had to bring his heir, she found a young girl, younger even than her, hiding behind him. Their gazes met and while at first both filled with innocent wonder, they both turned hard very quickly. They became rivals from that day onward.

With her motivation to study now restored, Adelheid fully devoted herself to the busy curriculum her parents intended for her, immersing herself in her studies and molding her personality, steeling it for the battlefields she would undoubtedly share with her Unsterb rival. As she grew up, she would accompany her aging father more and more often to his political meetings and discussions, try to gather for herself who or what depended on whom, who had favours with whom and so on, trying to figure out the complex network of alliances and allegiances within Anselm's politics.

Following the death of Konrad Unsterb, Adelheid's father thought the political game won and the path to redemption free for Anselm. Yet Adelheid, having seen the way Konstanze Unsterb looked at them, knew that it was far from over. Though she did atleast make the effort to bridge the divide between their houses...and figure out what Konstanze was up to...just to be turned down by the Unsterb merchant. Yet her father wouldn't listen to her warnings and so the Unsterb's political comeback caught him unawares and set the Strahlgrunds on the backfoot, the Unsterbs gaining power within the nation through bribery, blackmailing, rethorics and straight up murder.

And her father simply seemed to be doing nothing against it, seeming impotent against the sudden resurgence of their rival house. And Adelheid could not have that. And while she could not take her father's seat in politics, she was determined to turn the tide around. If the Unsterbs could extend their reach and operations outside of the assemblies, then so could she for her family. And if she could disrupt the Unsterbs' illegal abilities all the better!
Goals: Cleanse Anselm of its corruption.
Theme Song:

RP Sample: Given the number of accepted apps...
Did you read the Rules?: Nein
Miscellaneous:

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:17 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Character Application

Name: Adelheid Edhelraeneth von und zu Strahlgrund

Accepted!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:
Character Application

Name: Sitri
Sometimes nicknamed "Sitri the Lustful," "The Prince of Desire" or in a more negative fashion by the Church, "Demon of Depravity" or "The Infernal Prince of Perversion".

Alright! Finally time to review this xD

I don't think that anything particularly clashes with the still sadly work in progress updated lore for demons and the Cult of Sins. The names of the Gods might change a little, but the core concept of the Divine War would be the same - and while I have yet to decide exactly how the Princes of Hell were chosen as such, this designation would have only come into play after the War anyway. For him becoming an Archbishop, the Cult trying to propose him for the position would be somewhat unique in that the Sins themselves normally choose their Archbishops - not something impossible, it would have happened a few times in history.

The one detail in the biography that has already changed is a small one, the Ecclesiarchy will be known as the Haliarchy instead :p

As for the powers, he certainly is a very, very powerful being, but well, Archbishops of the Cult of Sins are supposed to be. There is of course the question of how he seems to be more powerful than other Princes of Hell that are in the mortal realm - his mana would be limited by his mortal body, but that is explained by the fact that the Sins actually do give their Archbishops mana. Of course, his powers would still be very limited compared to his true abilities, and his will would be completely bound to Luxuria, so there is that.

As for his powers - some of them would clearly depend on his ability to get into the mind of an opponent, while others depend on the mind and the soul of their target. And of course there is the fact that as both a demon and an Archbishop of Lust, Sitri would be dually vulnerable to things that demons are vulnerable to and to Castitas.

The two things that would somewhat be more limited that the way you have them in the app would be Telekinesis and Teleporation. Telekinesis would be possible, but very, very mana consuming. As for teleportation - I will explain it at some point, I'm still working on the exact mechanics of magic, but it would only be possible within specifically prepared magic circles I'm afraid.

But only those two last things need small edits, other than that, the app is definitively accepted xD

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:18 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Nea Videssos wrote:
Character Application

Name: Sitri
Sometimes nicknamed "Sitri the Lustful," "The Prince of Desire" or in a more negative fashion by the Church, "Demon of Depravity" or "The Infernal Prince of Perversion".

Alright! Finally time to review this xD

I don't think that anything particularly clashes with the still sadly work in progress updated lore for demons and the Cult of Sins. The names of the Gods might change a little, but the core concept of the Divine War would be the same - and while I have yet to decide exactly how the Princes of Hell were chosen as such, this designation would have only come into play after the War anyway. For him becoming an Archbishop, the Cult trying to propose him for the position would be somewhat unique in that the Sins themselves normally choose their Archbishops - not something impossible, it would have happened a few times in history.

The one detail in the biography that has already changed is a small one, the Ecclesiarchy will be known as the Haliarchy instead :p

As for the powers, he certainly is a very, very powerful being, but well, Archbishops of the Cult of Sins are supposed to be. There is of course the question of how he seems to be more powerful than other Princes of Hell that are in the mortal realm - his mana would be limited by his mortal body, but that is explained by the fact that the Sins actually do give their Archbishops mana. Of course, his powers would still be very limited compared to his true abilities, and his will would be completely bound to Luxuria, so there is that.

As for his powers - some of them would clearly depend on his ability to get into the mind of an opponent, while others depend on the mind and the soul of their target. And of course there is the fact that as both a demon and an Archbishop of Lust, Sitri would be dually vulnerable to things that demons are vulnerable to and to Castitas.

The two things that would somewhat be more limited that the way you have them in the app would be Telekinesis and Teleporation. Telekinesis would be possible, but very, very mana consuming. As for teleportation - I will explain it at some point, I'm still working on the exact mechanics of magic, but it would only be possible within specifically prepared magic circles I'm afraid.

But only those two last things need small edits, other than that, the app is definitively accepted xD

Fair enough. Got rid of teleportation and added a thing in the section about telekinesis. I imagine that if it's very mana-intensive, it might be something only used in a brief burst sort of fashion. In regards to that vulnerability to Castitas, I would assume that it goes both ways in respects to the Archbishop of Castitas, with both Luxuria and Castitas being the bane of one another?

Speaking of Archbishops, loyalty to Luxuria and whatnot, I wonder how Scelus and the demons of Scelus's hell would think of a Prince from their hell becoming an Archbishop of Luxuria? Also, I wasn't sure what being weak to Spraevia's elements/powers would actually entail. What sort of energy, magic or power would represent justice, righteousness and punishment?
Last edited by Nea Videssos on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:24 pm

Now to hope that Az never runs into Sitri...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:39 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Now to hope that Az never runs into Sitri...

Should be a fun reunion of Infernal Princes. :p

On a relevant note, the link for the appearance pic you've used on his app seems to have died at some point.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Now to hope that Az never runs into Sitri...

Should be a fun reunion of Infernal Princes. :p

On a relevant note, the link for the appearance pic you've used on his app seems to have died at some point.

I am aware of that. I have been aware of that for a long time.... There should be a replacement image soon, just waiting to hear back from Thrace

On the topic of reunion...

Sitri reunites with Az
Az:
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:25 am

Gotta throw a party for that joyous occasion.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:49 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:Fair enough. Got rid of teleportation and added a thing in the section about telekinesis. I imagine that if it's very mana-intensive, it might be something only used in a brief burst sort of fashion. In regards to that vulnerability to Castitas, I would assume that it goes both ways in respects to the Archbishop of Castitas, with both Luxuria and Castitas being the bane of one another?

Speaking of Archbishops, loyalty to Luxuria and whatnot, I wonder how Scelus and the demons of Scelus's hell would think of a Prince from their hell becoming an Archbishop of Luxuria? Also, I wasn't sure what being weak to Spraevia's elements/powers would actually entail. What sort of energy, magic or power would represent justice, righteousness and punishment?

Yes, certainly. People on both sides of the Sin-Virtue divide are vulnerable to their respective opposite, but that is also influenced by other factors. The persons in question, how high they are in their respective Cult, the strength of both their soul and mind, and so on. The Archbishops are obviously going to be the most resistant - due to the strong, personal relationship with their respective Sin of Virtue. However, I do think that each of the Cults has its own specialties about how to deal with their enemies.

Hmm, that's actually a good question. Demons do cooperate with the Cult of Sins, and angels do sometimes try to help the Cult of Virtues, but the relations between the deities themselves are a bit more complex. The Sins and Virtues generally do not seem to care about other deities, while the Sixteen at least think of themselves as superior, and of the Sins and Virtues as not real deities, since of course, unlike real Gods, the very existence of the Sins/Virtues is due to mortals.

So I do feel like some demons of Scelus and Scelus himself might think of it as a betrayal of sorts - Sitri abandoning Scelus as his master and instead submitting himself to Luxuria.

Hmm, this is a good question - Justice is a somewhat abstract thing. It would also be somewhat difficult to explain since humans have certainly influenced and twisted a lot of things about the Gods ever since the Calamity.

Originally, Spraevia's magic would have been focused on finding the truth and ensuring that justice was done. Her angels would have been great at telepathy and specifically at reading the minds and souls of others. Spraevia is also the Goddess of Truth, she is the Vanquisher of Illusions, which allowed her servants to be extremely effective against illusion magic, and as the Upholder of Truth - her servants were pretty much immune to lies and deception. For justice to happen, those guilty must be captured, so her servants are able to invoke the Chains of Judgement - fancy magical chains that were extensively used during the Great Divine War.

Of course, humans have been using Spraevia for their Faith's Justice, which claims that its four highest ranking members, the Four Scales, Fairness, Prudence, Fortitude, and Obedience, are Spraevia's highest servants in the mortal world, which is somewhat debatable since the Gods haven't really been paying much attention to the mortal realm for the last few decades. Regardless, the Faith's Judgement also equates Spraevia with their punishments and especially with fire and the burning at the stake.
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse