NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:
I live on the wild side; I just write everything straight out on NS and pray luck is on my side :lol2:

+1

Have always done the same. Led to a few unfortunate incidents at the start but nowadays it only happens when bad luck and low attention combine.

I do the exact same thing and have never had an issue.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:06 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:+1

Have always done the same. Led to a few unfortunate incidents at the start but nowadays it only happens when bad luck and low attention combine.

Oh my look who's back! :hug:

Hey Free, wanna rejoin us?
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:21 pm

Oh my look who's back! :hug:

I am... thinking about it.

A lot. I miss having a little bit of a creative outlet.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:04 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:+1

I must just be cursed then.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Oh my look who's back! :hug:

I am... thinking about it.

A lot. I miss having a little bit of a creative outlet.

We'll welcome you back any time you want and we always appreciate your creativity here with us.

The Cross and Davids Star
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:49 am

Character Application

Name: Kara Stevens
Sexual Orientation:Bisexual
Race:Human
Appearance: Image
Height: 5’11” Weight:142 lbs

Position/Status/Affiliation:To earn her living as well as keep up with her family’s tradition, Kara uses her abilities as a bard to aid her party when questing and providing merry music to the taverns and festivals that she visits on her journey. She holds no allegiance to any major influence, the only one she holds is the allegiance to her partners.
Skills/Powers//Magic: As a bard, Kara holds no shortage of magic at her disposal, possessing a specialty in White Magic especially the healing and stat-boosting spells that one can expect from a typical bard, though she does have some Black Magic in her back pocket when things get tough, her most powerful of Black spells being the ‘Song of Damnation’, a high risk high reward spell that rains both holy and cursed fire onto the battlefield that can devastate friend and foe alike. Because of her father’s teachings, Kara has the ability to defend herself should the need arise, but prefers to rely on her team to keep her safe.
Equipment: Aside from her relic, Harmonic Chaos, Kara keeps little else on her person aside from a large pack to store whatever she decides to keep and a shortsword to defend herself.

Personality: A boisterous and mischievous woman, Kara is far beyond the prim and proper, instead she likes to get knee deep into what new adventure she flings herself into and is a compulsive flirt at times. She adores music and will often play to pass the time. She is childishly naïve and with a curiosity for anything new, though this can oftentimes get her into a situation that could have been easily avoided otherwise.
Moral Alignment: Neutral Good, with hints of Chaotic Good
Biography: Raised as the newest generation in a line of bards, Kara always knew what she was going to do in life, her father and her spending as much time as they could to prepare her for her future while having fun at the same time. On her 18th birthday, her father judged her ready to go it alone and sent her off with the family’s heirloom, Harmonic Chaos. Now with a smile on her face and a twinkle in her eyes, Kara had the whole world to travel and a hundred lifetime’s worth of stories to listen and tell.
Goals: Kara has no long term goal, instead wishing to life her life to the fullest in whatever way she can, though the biggest thing on her bucket list is to be front and center to a significant event so that she may tell its story.
Theme Song:A good example of a duel between bards

RP Sample:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=424423&p=33510344#p33510344
Did you read the Rules?: Yes.
Miscellaneous:N/A
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)

Relic App

Names: The relic itself is known as Harmonic Chaos, though Kara has given the name ‘Synesthesia’ to the entity that inhabits it.
Type: The relic is both Holy and Cursed, as it acts as Kara’s conduit to use her magic, though the relic shifts one way or the other according to her actions.
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Race:It is unknown what race Synesthesia actually is, nor will she answer any questions regarding it.
Form as an object: The relic usually takes the form of a fiddle, though it can quickly shift to other instruments.
Form as a being: For whatever reason, Harmonic Chaos will not manifest as an actual being, and any questions regarding this are ignored.

Position/Status/Affiliation: As tradition, Kara inherited Harmonic Chaos from her father as her family’s heirloom, it being loyal to none but her.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Harmonic Chaos acts as a magical conduit,taking Kara’s mana and transforming to the specific magic she wants to use before enchanting her music with it, allowing Kara to perform spells like a true bard. Synesthesia has decades of knowledge from her travels with Kara’s ancestors, so when Kara has a lack of knowledge on a particular subject, Synesthesia will always be prepared to keep her and her partners in the know.
Personality: Synesthesia shows to be a sage-like entity, guiding her current master throughout the lands while acquiring more knowledge to help aid her master’s successor.
Moral Alignment: True Neutral
History: For as long as Synesthesia can remember, the relic that she inhabits has always been passed down from parent to child as an heirloom in the Stevens family, although on occasion she was in the possession of those outside of the family, she either being stolen away from her master or taken in spoils of combat. However, when this happens the perpetrator is always hunted down until the relic is returned to her proper owner or inherited to the next in line, the latest time this occurred was when Kara’s father hunted down a harpy that killed his father and stolen away with the relic, her father coming back days later with not only what was his, but a nice down feather coat as well. Always when her master journeyed she was eager to teach and learn, saving her master on more than one occasion with the knowledge she obtained over the years, even when Kara was but a child, the relic would talk to her, telling stories when her father could not, and in fact was the one to teach her how to play. Finally the day came when Kara’s father simply couldn’t go on adventures like he used to, and in a rather unceremonious manner, passed the relic on to his only successor, Kara. With a new master who is eager to go out into the world, it seems like Synesthesia will be working more than ever to ensure her safety.
Goals: Synesthesia’s one goal is to see her master succeeds in life and passes her on to their successor, as she enjoys traveling and being able to remember times past.
Theme Song:

RP Sample:Example is in character app
Did you read the Rules?:Yes
Miscellaneous:Harmonic Chaos will sometimes play entirely on its own, oftentimes fitting the situation with the proper music when Kara is unable to.
Last edited by The Cross and Davids Star on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Sorry about it, I'll properly review your apps tomorrow, I really had no time today.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:05 am

I wouldn't mind coming back to this if you'd have me.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:15 am

Imperial--japan wrote:I wouldn't mind coming back to this if you'd have me.

You'd always be welcome back xD
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:33 am

I forgot to do the history for my relic app, so I'll get that done real quick.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:41 am

The Cross and Davids Star wrote:I forgot to do the history for my relic app, so I'll get that done real quick.

Well, the relic has some issue, but it's my fault. The lore as a whole for the roleplay is not yet complete, as I've been postponing it for a reboot that will happen in a few months. So the relic lore especially is incomplete.

We can fix that though, don't worry, I'll tell you exactly what should be changed in a review later today.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:49 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Cross and Davids Star wrote:I forgot to do the history for my relic app, so I'll get that done real quick.

Well, the relic has some issue, but it's my fault. The lore as a whole for the roleplay is not yet complete, as I've been postponing it for a reboot that will happen in a few months. So the relic lore especially is incomplete.

We can fix that though, don't worry, I'll tell you exactly what should be changed in a review later today.

Alright, I got the history done, though I assume one of the issues may be because its both a holy and cursed relic, which lookin back doesn't make much sense, but I'll wait for your review to change anything.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:52 am

The Cross and Davids Star wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, the relic has some issue, but it's my fault. The lore as a whole for the roleplay is not yet complete, as I've been postponing it for a reboot that will happen in a few months. So the relic lore especially is incomplete.

Alright, I got the history done, though I assume one of the issues may be because its both a holy and cursed relic, which lookin back doesn't make much sense, but I'll wait for your review to change anything.

Yep, that's one of the things.

Don't worry about it though, like I said, I'll tell you exactly what you have to change xD

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Anytime IJ!

I parked Helvetica on the island with lots of Velikiyan hostages and mercenary guards.

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:24 am

Anytime IJ!

I parked Helvetica on the island with lots of Velikiyan hostages and mercenary guards.

Come this weekend I was thinking about drafting up a new character. Didn't really remember my old character that well.
Grand Britannia wrote:

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:40 am

Imperial--japan wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Anytime IJ!

Come this weekend I was thinking about drafting up a new character. Didn't really remember my old character that well.

Well, you can certainly do whatever you want. If you want to continue with your old character, the app is still linked in the characters list, and I was going to eventually share a lot more Loroi lore and to finally open the region for people.

But at the same time, I know the feeling of thinking about coming back to an old character, it's not easy, so if you want to just start something new, no problem at all.

As always, if you'll have any questions, feel free to ask xD

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:42 am

Alright, here is my long overdue review! Hopefully the way I review apps, with lists, isn't too intimidating, that's just how I got used to doing it.

The Cross and Davids Star wrote:Name: Kara Stevens

• The first thing is related to the idea that she is a typical bard. Now, I'm not sure if this is like, a common trope in some fantasy settings, that typical bards can use magic and stuff like that, but this probably won't be the case in this world. There are a lot of mages in the world, and it's perfectly possible for some of them to be bards, but most of the bards would be normal people. Now, there is nothing wrong with her being a bard and a strong mage at the same time, but this would maybe a tradition of her family, not of bards in general. Especially since in order to use a relic, you need to be a pretty powerful mage. Realms and factions like the Faith are always looking for such mages, so she would have to be careful about them, just a thing to keep in mind.
  • She can certainly use both white and black magic, but depending on their personality and their soul so to say, most people do tend to be better with one kind of magic. You could perhaps think about whether she's better at white magic or at black magic. And moving on to the other classification of magic (sorry if it's too complicated, the magic section of the lore will be rewritten at some point), you should decide whether she is using Ancient Magic or the Magic of the Oath. If she does her magic through singing, that would be a form of Ancient Magic - this type of magic is generally more difficult to control and can be more powerful, but it's also sort of wild, more difficult to control. Mages that are using it generally have to think about their spells in order to perform them, but music could be used in that context.
    The Magic of the Oath on the other hand is much easier to control, but it requires the Oath, which is a magical ceremony, and it has actual spells, commands and formulas that have to be said out loud, and they're normally chanted. You could sing a spell sort of, but it would absolutely need command words.
    She could theoretically be an user of both kinds of magic, but she would need that Oath in order to use the Oath's Magic, and that Oath would limit her ability as an ancient magic user, since well, you can't have everything xD
  • The bio is kind of short, not that big of an issue, but maybe you could think about what she did during the War of the Seven Realms. You could also perhaps try to find a homeland for her to come from - if you want to keep such English name I could suggest the League of Anselm. It's mostly Germanic in culture, but it has some areas that are speaking what would be English.

The Cross and Davids Star wrote: Names: The relic itself is known as Harmonic Chaos, though Kara has given the name ‘Synesthesia’ to the entity that inhabits it.

• Yeah, you have guessed the first thing, relics can't be both Holy and Cursed at the same time. It's a bit difficult to explain - partially because like I said, the lore is incomplete, and partially because it is meant to be incomplete - relics are mysterious weapons, and mortals don't know everything about them. People assume that their status is somehow related to how the relics were created, but not even the relics themselves remember how they were made. Most historians agree that they were created by the Thyrian Throne - this was a pretty big, magical, human civilization, the one that also created the Magic of the Oath, binding the Ancient Magic to their will. It is assumed that the relics were created before the Calamity, but their first actual memories of the world around them start when they were awakened after the Calamity. That could have happened even just a few years after it, but there are still some relics which were never awoken.
    Anyway, a relic can only be Holy or Cursed. It could also certainly influence stuff like their personality - Holy relics are overall more content with their status and with serving their masters, and seem to be well, overall good, while on the other hand, Cursed relics are more rebellious and dark. But it's difficult, because relics were mortal beings at some point, they have souls, and they have memories - even if their oldest memories are just broken, nightmare like things. So the thing that matters most is their magic. Holy Relics use white magic, Cursed Relics use black magic, and neither can use the other type.
  • As for her race and appearance as a being - it's possible for her to simply refuse to use her form as a physical being, and to refuse to talk about it, but she needs to have one. So even if you don't mention it here, you should keep that in mind. Relics can change their shape and form, both as an object and as a being, but all of them have basic, original form, their form as the mortal being that they were before becoming a relic (but they don't remember, so the first being form that they had upon being awakened), and their original form as an object, the one they will always revert to.
  • As for her powers.. it's not necessarily wrong, but all relics take mana from their masters. Relics don't produce mana themselves, so they need a master in order to use their powers. Synthesia could certainly use her powers to take Kara's mana and turn into music magic, but there are two issues with this. The first is related to Kara's magic. Do you want Kara to be able to use this musical magic only because of Synthesia's help? Or do you want Kara to be able to use this kind of magic by herself, in which case Synthesia would only help her but not completely give her powers. And in both cases, would Kara have any sort of magic besides from this musical magic?
    And, secondly, as a relic, Synthesia would certainly have other powers too. You don't necessarily have to mention them here, but you should keep that in mind, and if you'll want to add more powers to her after this app is accepted, you would have to run them by me.

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:55 am

I do intend to create a seperate app eventually for Kaslana's 'guest'.

Character Application

Name: Kaslana Cerebus
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Race: Human
Appearance:

Position/Status/Affiliation: Knight-Apprentice of the Scripture of the Morning Star/ Fiercely loyal to the Ecclesiarchy and its teachings.
Skills/Powers//Magic:
  • Host of Evil: Kaslana is the Host of a powerful demon imprisoned by the Ecclesiarchy for centuries if not longer. Should the magical ring that keeps it from tampering with her fail, she will be susceptible to the Demons influence and will have to rely on mental fortitude until she can re-acquire it or receive a new ward. Kaslana is ignorant to her status as a host however.
  • White Magic Practitioner: Kaslana uses holy barriers, conducts minor healing and can bless her weapon in combat against monsters and other villains. Due to her enchanted ring consistently needing mana to work, she runs the risk of spells failing if she is close to running out.
  • Child of the faith: Born into the Ecclesiarchy, her eventual induction as a knight of a Scripture was predetermined. She was trained in martial prowess from a young age and drilled relentlessly. Her combat prowess far surpasses her spellcasting ability, especially if her tendency to avoid books in any form of studying didn't hint to that. Unlike her fellow Knights, she wields a Greataxe as opposed to a Lance.
  • Mana-Reliant: As her mana begins to drain, the enchantment of her ring begins to fade. Depending on her current activity, her behavior may begin to drastically shift due to the rising influence of her guest. The middle of combat may see a rise in bloodlust, and the middle of an interrogation may see a rise in opting to use violence.
Equipment:
  • Ring of Warding (Blessed): Blessed by the High Priestesses of the Ecclesiarchy, the Ring of Sealing has been reinforced with the passing of each host. It was specifically designed to ward the foul influences of demons and other evil creatures against those who wear it both internally and externally.
  • Ecclesiarchy Greataxe: A common two-handed axe issued to Knights of the Ecclesairchy. It is white in color with gold engravings along the handle.
  • 2 weeks of Rations: Self explanatory
  • Horse: A standard brown horse, below average size to fit Kaslana's height.
  • Warding Sigils: Can be placed around a camp or establishment to ward off creatures of undead or infernal origin. Powerful beings may overcome the ward or lesser beings may wear it down.
  • Armored leg piece
  • Armored Arm Piece

Personality: Often seen as spritely and in constant good spirits by her peers, Kaslana is wont to let most things dampen her spirits, always appearing as the life of the party through her constant word vomit or lame jokes while on the road. Although she has also been treated poorly or harassed by many of her peers as well due to her status as a host (a reason unknown to her), she is able to keep morale pleasant and will fight like an enraged animal to defend her allies. She believes herself and fellow Scripture followers to be paragons of order and justice, and is not above mediating disputes or aiding common citizens wherever the need arises.
Moral Alignment: Neutral Good
Biography: It isn't easy when the whole point of your conception was to create the next host for an ancient and vengeful demon, but it is a lot easier when you're ignorant of the entire situation. Kaslana was born as property of the church, separated from her mother, the former host, at birth. She grew up on the stories that her father was a hero that perished in the war of the seven nations and that her mother had died in childbirth (a guilt that Kaslana suppresses harshly but still eats away at her). Filling the role somewhat of a parental figure was Father Otto, a warm priest who showed great kindness and implanted in her the ideals of positivity and peace. He was the one who comforted her when the suspicion and distance that others showed her proved too much on a few days, and assured her that it was through hardships that great heroes were born. Through his guidance, Kaslana would eventually be forged into the 'happy-go-lucky' Knight she was today.

Her martial training was a field in which Kaslana managed to excel, though admittedly her academic rapport was rather poor and she would end up barely passing her studies in the latter regard. However, few of her peers in training could best in her physical combat and Kaslana would finish her training under some suspicion but with grudging respect from some of those she had bested. Others would curse her status as 'cheating' but she wouldn't quite grasp what they meant.

Since her induction into the ranks of the Scripture of the Morning Star, she has waited for an opportunity to prove herself a Hero as her Father figure told her she would be able to, and the time has come. With word of monsters and other abominations becoming more apparent, the Scripture is dispatching its Knights to rid the land of corruption and protect its interests (albeit Kaslana's interests lie in the well being of the common folk). Now she travels the land with a group of three other Knights intent on hunting down evil wherever it may lurk.
Goals: Kaslana seeks to eradicate demons and other heretical creatures from the face of the world. For those who raised her and the comrades she would never see again, she swears to herself she will do her utmost to create a pure and peaceful society under the benevolence of the Faith.
Theme Song: Here

RP Sample: Pls no
Did you read the Rules?: Yes
Miscellaneous: Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 was a registered 6 offender.
Grand Britannia wrote:

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:04 am

Imperial--japan wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with it, accepted!

And yeah, you could certainly make a separate app for the demon, but it can wait, it would only be necessary if you'll start using the demon's powers.

Welcome back to the RP!
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:45 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Imperial--japan wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with it, accepted!

And yeah, you could certainly make a separate app for the demon, but it can wait, it would only be necessary if you'll start using the demon's powers.

Welcome back to the RP!

Welcome back indeed.

You seem to like demonic possession a lot, don't you IJ?

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:21 am

Tracian Empire wrote:I don't see anything wrong with it, accepted!

Welcome back to the RP!

Welcome back indeed.

You seem to like demonic possession a lot, don't you IJ?

A personal favorite of mine.

Also my first post is up, feel free to critique as needed. Left it open and vague on location for possibility of interaction or connecting posts for anyone interested.
Grand Britannia wrote:

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:57 am

Just to show I have been doing something here is two of the rewrites I am doing for my characters, adjusted for a 20 year war and for how I have developed them since along with a brief blurb on House de Velira. I'll get Solomon and Silvia done later.

A notable noble family from the Empire of Achisia House de Velira is something of an oddity, or at least is a House with quite a few notable features. First and foremost while they have only had six heads of the family (four lords and two ladies) they have been around for sometime thanks to the family heads having lived surprisingly long lives, though the current head, Augustine de Velira, is just a couple years shy of the record. Secondly they were known more for being warriors and battlemages instead of just nobles and considered themselves as such, this fed into their courtship practices seeing as they never placed any restrictions on marriage besides this: “Only marry someone you can trust your back to on the battlefield.” This means they often married while ignoring politics, did not keep their women at home, and that their spouses would often accompany them on the battlefield, fighting alongside them, heck sometimes they found their spouses on the battlefield (all of this of course made them considered to be very eccentric by many nobles even in other nations). This of course meant that they often married other warriors or mages and their marriage vows included an oath to always be at each other’s side against their enemies.

That oath was very real and with the War of the Seven Nations beginning it showed for within seven years of fighting all six of the children Augustine were dead along with most of their spouses as they died in battle together. Such a fate was also met by the wife of Augustine but he survived. They did not question such a thing though and most thought they were actually insane because they enjoyed battle, enjoyed fighting, and they were fully willing to die with their spouses. But such a thing was dangerous to the longevity of the House, as the war had shown because the House itself took appalling losses.

During the war the entire de Velira family excluding Augustine, his adoptive daughter Silvia, and two of his great-grandchildren, Solomon and Illania, were killed in the fighting. In the capital itself there were five de Veliras, four of the blood and one by marriage, and only two, Solomon and Illania, survived the battle for it and just barely at that.

However they fully intend to make sure that “the last generation” as Illania calls her and her brother fight for Achisia until the end.

Due to an incident back during the time of the second master of House de Velira, Lady Theodora de Velira, the entire family developed an intense dislike of necromancy, viewing it as an abomination.

Character Application

Name: Augustine de Velira, the fourth Lord of the House de Velira
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Appearance: Image
Height: 6'5 ft
Weight: 190lbs

Position/Status/Affiliation:Officially: A former general of the Empire of Achisia, now retired to his estate to live out what is left of his days in peace. Unofficially the leader of the Achisia Restoration Society, a pretty sounding name for an organization with one goal: the restoration of the Empire of Achisia and the driving out of the Council of Realms from their homeland. His affiliation with the group is a carefully kept secret and any public action the group takes seems to be charity aimed at the relief of their region from the damages the war caused and the rebuilding of their cities. Privately though they are gathering weapons and soldiers to throw the invaders out. His loyalty first and foremost is to Achisia.
Skills/Powers//Magic:
  • Father to his Men: He is capable of understanding the needs of soldiers under his command and can answer them, forming a bond with the soldiers under his command
  • Aged Master: In his youth he was an extremely skilled swordsman but in his advanced age he is not as skilled as he used to be, but is still formidable when it comes to his sword work
  • Former General - Empire of Achisia: Knows how to lead men into battle and plan campaigns
  • Defensive Master: His tactical ability truly shines when planning out and conducting defensive battles
  • White Magic - Strength: He knows some white magic that he uses to enhance his strength, he notes it comes in handy in his old age
  • White Magic - Speed: He knows some white magic that he uses to enhance his speed and reaction times, he notes it is useful for an old man like himself.
Equipment: He keeps a long sword mounted on the wall of his office that he can still use to protect himself but he does not favor it too much due to the weight and doesn't carry it on his person unless he needs it, but he never goes anywhere without his cane for protection. He wears a simple set of robes due to the fact most armor is too heavy for him to wear on a daily basis, he does keep a set of plate mail maintained just in case the need for it comes.

Personality: Despite his affiliation with the Empire and the seeing of his fair share atrocities he is not a horrible person, just bound by his oath of loyalty to the Emperor and having a deep love of his homeland, keeping a true lawful neutral disposition. Beyond that he has a brilliant tactical mind and has a deep love of his family and has a generally kind and honorable disposition but a sharp mind for politics. His loyalty to his empire, even after the war is what drives him in his restoration efforts, honestly believing that at the very least his homeland must be free from foreign occupation and rebuild itself. He absolutely detests necromancy and views it as an abomination but notes that pragmatically an army of the undead is useful and he couldn't just dismiss the usage of one during the war as he needed to win and that view is still true as much as he detests it.
Moral Alignment: Lawful neutral

Biography: The Empire, for all its faults was all I have ever known. Even if it is evil it was my home that I was willing to die for, to turn a blind eye to the atrocities committed by it, to its darkness.
Born into a noble family in the old Achisian Empire, Augustine de Velira was raised more as a soldier instead of as a son, being constantly drilled by a demanding father in military affairs and most of his education revolved around the military, the sword, and court affairs. From childhood he showed a brilliance for both the sword and the military, though his father was disappointed that it seemed he was better with defensive fighting than offensive fighting. When he was 18 he married the daughter of another House in the Empire, a talented mage at that, within the customs of his House, and had six children together over the years of their marriage. He became head of his family when he was twenty when his own grandfather stepped down and his own father declining the role in favor of his son. His military mind and potential drew the eye of the Emperor and, being guided through military groups, he achieved the rank of general at the age of 30. This caused him to be a part of all the generals who spent time planning and preparing for the Empire's war with its neighbors over the decades. Despite the changes in the Empire's military structure (i.e. bringing in undead, necromancers, evil mages, etc.) he still saw the value of maintaining normal human forces to supplement the more dark parts of the Imperial military, noting cold hard steel is needed just as much as magic and shadows if one is to conduct a successful war and maintain the victory. Despite all of this he believed deeply that his Empire, despite its faults, was ultimately correct and if it achieved the destiny it deserved then it could be reformed away from the shadows, away from darkness. During all this time he also maintained his family, being noted as a loving father, grandfather, and great-grandfather by his children, grandchildren, and, eventually, great-grandchildren, also doing his best to keep them away from what he deemed to be the Empire's excesses.

The day before the war began the Emperor assembled his generals, he spoke of us about the superiority of Achisia, about how our greatness was on the horizon if we just reached for it, about the strength we were given by our great destiny and... and by the Shadows. We were stirred by his words and were willing to die at his command on that day had he bid it. It was that night I asked the Emperor for the honor of leading the first wave for the war that would bring the Empire to glory and he granted my wish... it was so childish in hindsight but that is how this old man felt on that day. Pride in serving my Empire.
Come the day of the start of the war, a man of 61, he led his army, assigned to him by the Emperor, into battle against the neighboring nations, showing skill as a field commander and being one of those responsible for quite a few of the Empire's victories. His foes described him as a demon on the field with both command and personal skill with his sword but most at home in a defensive battle. An old man that couldn't be stopped thanks to the skill he had and the army at his disposal. And seeing the plans he worked on for decades being brought to fruition brought him deep satisfaction. After serving for twelve years in the war he retired, citing that his advanced age caused it to make more sense that someone younger take the reins from him. Some on the other side were relieved at this news.

If I may be so bold those last several years were the finest hour for myself and my men. We fought battle after battle, holding back armies twice our size. One could say the Empire didn't fall as quickly as it should have because of our sacrifices in the field. All for nothing thanks to the Emperor's madness.
A year later though, as the war began to turn against the Empire in earnest, he was recalled to active service by the Emperor and placed in command of an army where he oversaw some of the Empire's finest retreats, for a retreat is arguably harder than an actual battle itself, fighting and holding points that most would have thought long lost due to the forces arrayed against him and leading long marches of retreat and even launching successful counterattacks, doing his best to win a war for an Emperor that he privately thought went mad. On the final day of the war, while commanding an army that he had mostly spent trying to relieve the capital, he ordered the execution of the remaining necromancers in his army and sent his human soldiers home when he heard the Emperor was dead. After that he surrendered himself into the custody of a group of Paladins of Wyzkia. He was released due to advanced age and seemingly declining health and mental faculties. Despite that though he was still one of those who signed Achisia’s surrender.

During the war the entire de Velira family excluding himself, his adoptive daughter, and two of his great-grandchildren were killed in the fighting. In the capital itself there were five de Veliras, four of the blood and one by marriage, and only two, Solomon and Illania, survived.

Now I am nothing more than a warrior who time has forced to lay down his arms and rest in peace. I leave the running of my estate and many other things to my daughter and my great-grandchildren, who I have to keep from killing one another. That is what the Shadows can do to a family.
The destruction of the Empire he dedicated his life to, the death of his wife, and almost the entire de Velira family that he is the patriarch of being wiped out has impacted his health greatly, both physically and mentally, but he does show signs of recovery. He lapses in and out of senility on occasion, sometimes believing himself to be answering to the Emperor, writing letters and field reports to him that his great-grandchildren dutifully burn and tell him they have been dispatched while his daughter watches over him. When he writes letters to his deceased wife they store them away. But when he is lucid, which is almost all the time, he displays a cunning and politically astute mind, one of his more lucid remarks about the old days being "If you wanted to get away with being any form of good or honorable in the old Empire and live you had to be good at politics and willing to bend even when every part of you said no", showing a full awareness of the atrocities committed by the Empire but a willingness to do what he needed to do to survive and support his Empire. Keeping his support hidden he has been the model collaborator and is regarded by most, including in his underground organization, to have discarded the ideas of Achisia, accepting the Council's rule. All a facade he maintains so one day the homeland can be restored. He was actually one of the masterminds for planning the next war seeing as he was one of the few surviving and free generals of Achisia.

Religious faith to those we could call the good and just Gods was not too popular in court, me and my fellows had to meet in the shadows to honor our faith. It was something hard to hold onto in those dark days and many lost their lives for it. Not overtly mind you. No, mysterious illnesses, food poisoning, 'accidents', unexplained deaths, seemingly random murders... all were hazards we had to deal with. And those of us who survived, especially those of us who had to lead armies in the Emperor's name, found ourselves compromising our faith far too often. I think it amused the Emperor to watch us scurry around, trying to survive and maintain our faith. I still feel my failure to my Lady Cassia because of that war and I fear that my Lady Spraevia will find me unworthy when my judgment comes any day. For I failed gravely.
He is a deeply religious man, abiding by faith in Goddesses Cassia and Spraevia and tries to use them to guide his life. Despite this faith though he does not have a positive opinion of The Ecclesiarchy, seeing the risk of falling to a similar darkness that took the Empire as a serious threat, seeing the corruption that plagues it as a violation of the faith, and even seeing it as an invader that must be driven out given its hold on former Imperial lands but he keeps his opinion to himself. If Achisia is to be restored it must be restored without the risk of another coalition invasion or upsetting the faith of the majority of the people. First the enemy must be dealt with.

Goals: When lucid: the restoration of the Empire or at least the liberation of the homeland from foreign occupation
When not lucid: the domination of the Empire at all costs
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JopFcOUbgtg

RP Sample: Where am I?
Miscellaneous:

Character Application

Name: Illania de Velira
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Appearance:Image

Another picture
5'11 ft tall

Position/Status/Affiliation: Former noble of the Empire of Achisia, member of the Achisia Restoration Society, formerly a battlemage of the Achisian Army.
Skills/Powers//Magic:
  • Great-granddaughter of Augustine de Velira: As the great-granddaughter of the Achisian General Augustine de Velira she learned how to use her magic on the battlefield to great effect while also inheriting the old general's ability to plan out strategies and campaigns. She also knows how to fight with a short sword and in hand to hand on Augustine's insistence.
  • Veteran of the War of the Seven Nations - Achisia: As a war veteran she knows her way around a battlefield, especially ones where the odds are stacked against her.
  • Black Magic - Fire: She possesses great talent when it comes to fire magic and uses it to great effect when in battle, having experience as a battlemage thanks to the war and considerable natural talent, partially due to her mage father. However her capabilities is severely impacted by her emotional state
Equipment: A set of robes and an enchanted staff, the latter being the one she used in the war. A shortsword that she carries strapped to her waist too. She also tends to wear a form fitting leather armor underneath her robe.

Personality: Illania is very much an autocrat, viewing the necessity of a ruling noble class over lesser classes as a matter of course and ultimately better for everyone. Her views of the Shadow is that it is a weapon that must be wielded carefully if it must be used at all. She respects and loves Augustine and loves her younger brother, even if she doesn't show it much. Like the aforementioned, she is absolutely dedicated to the restoration of Achisia and like them she detests necromancy.

Like her brother she tends to have a laid back personality in battle but it is well implied that such a personality is a cover for how she truly feels. Solomon notes that she used to be very different once upon a time. More cheerful and dedicated to the concept of being a noble meaning being a paragon. Outside of battle she is more or less a cold individual.
Moral Alignment: Lawful Evil
Biography:Some might argue that the Empire was evil and that it is better that it is gone, but they are ultimately wrong, a structured and ordered Empire and society with all knowing their place... that is how greatness and peace are preserved. An Emperor at the top, the nobles supporting him, and them protecting and guiding the peasants. Such is the true order of nations.
The great-granddaughter of general Augustine de Velira, Illania de Velira had what could be considered a normal life for a noblewoman in Achisia and the middle child with a loving set of parents but Augustine saw to most aspects of her education as he did for much of his family.

She was drilled as a child on how to harness her magic, how to properly use her mana, that she had considerable talent for but it was found out that her emotional state impacted certain aspects of her magic. So she often focused more on emotional control and knowledge instead of martial ability even if she did learn much of that too. She was still instilled with patriotism for her empire. As she grew up she grew to understand the positions of people in society, of the rights and privileges of the nobility but also their duties to lesser people.

Grandfather conducted great campaigns, led our forces into glorious battles and won victory after victory even though we were losing the war. How could we think anything besides the fact that he was one of the greatest military leaders to ever live? I did everything I was ordered to do and I never doubted him, how could I?

While her parents were loving it wasn’t like her childhood could be called happy considering she was still a babe when the war started, a war that early on claimed the lives of her parents, and it is very safe to say that among her earliest memories is the funeral pyre of her parents while she carried Solomon in her arms. The loss of her parents caused her to become more attached to Ezekiel de Velira, her and Solomon’s elder brother. However even that wasn’t to last as, when she was 17, he was killed on the battlefield while fighting alongside Solomon. That finally caused the girl who had never used her magic intentionally for violence outside of practice to join the war.

She served in the war and fought with distinction as a battlemage, combined with her younger brother's skill as a warrior the pair were unrivaled on the field. The dominance of Achisia was always on her mind, and the victory of her Emperor, victory for her nation and people. She never left her brother's side unless it was required and they worked together to bring victory to General de Velira.

However, when she was placed in command of her own unit, separate from her brother and her great-grandfather’s army, the unit acquired a reputation for several things. First and foremost would be high casualties as their commander, that being Illania, refused to retreat under most circumstances and would often hold points until most of them were dead, despite this casualty rate she was regarded as an acceptable field commander and could command troops well enough. Related to that they also acquired a reputation for being something of an elite unit for those who survived knew how to fight well and often took many of their foes with them, they also became known for their fanaticism, in part because of their commander and also because of what is next. Finally, and this is related to their penchant for semi-last stands, the unit and thus the army it served as part of acquired a reputation for scorched earth tactics, meaning quite literally when they were forced to retreat they would burn everything possible, which was rendered much easier thanks to Illania’s talent for magic and often times she would burn villages containing her own people to deny them to the enemy. Thus Illania de Velira acquired a reputation as a butcher on the battlefield, someone who would kill anyone in her way, friend or foe. An icon of many of the things that were wrong with Achisian commanders and denounced by several members of her own family as a monster for such actions. However she never expressed remorse and the only people who would know how she honestly feels about things may be her brother and great-grandfather but who knows if they know and at the end of the day she was a lesser known monster compared to others.

As for her conduct on the battlefield, beyond the burnings and executions, she would often issue challenges to opposing knights or commanders should they be close enough to fight her, if accepted she fought them with the sword and never used her magic, but if denied she often simply attacked them with her magic to destroy them. More often than not, thanks to her clearly wearing the robes of a battlemage, the latter happened. Occasionally she would just wear her leather armor on the field in hopes that it would entice folks to take up her challenge to honorable combat but that didn't work often either for various reasons.

She was in the capital during the fall of it, even during the entire siege of it, what she did during that time she refused to speak of, not even to her brother Solomon who was elsewhere the entire battle for they fought in different districts, but it is clear to those who know her that she was never the same at all. She had come out of the war very different than what she was like going in. The girl who was considered the pinnacle of a de Velira maiden was so very different.

My brother... well I do love him but he needs to stop kidding himself, the Empire will not be restored with niceties, only with violence. The restoration will demand war and violence and we must be willing to use any weapon or magic that we need to use if it helps us achieve the victory we need. He must understand no matter what. He has to if we are to have any hope at the restoration of our homeland. He has to… The war isn’t over yet...

Nowadays she clashes frequently with her younger brother, arguing over the necessity of the restoration of the old order or following a new path. Needless to say she supports the old order. A new Empire built upon the old one and asserting its dominance over other countries. An Empire where the rights and powers of the nobility to rule over others is held sacrosanct. An Empire that will never be threatened by outsiders again. She is confident her brother will see the light as he is a noble and understands his duties as one.

Goals: The restoration of the Empire of Achisia to its former glory, the rise of House de Velira to great heights, restoring what was lost.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84aIX8UPklI

RP Sample: All nations have an army but the Prussian Army had a nation.
Miscellaneous:(If there is anything else you would want to add..)
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Wed May 22, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:00 am

Sorry for disappearing like that, I had a few problems and there was nothing I could do, but I'm back!

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:01 am

Imperial--japan wrote:I do intend to create a seperate app eventually for Kaslana's 'guest'.

Character Application

Appearance:

Position/Status/Affiliation: Knight-Apprentice of the Scripture of the Morning Star/ Fiercely loyal to the Ecclesiarchy and its teachings.
Skills/Powers//Magic:
  • Host of Evil: Kaslana is the Host of a powerful demon imprisoned by the Ecclesiarchy for centuries if not longer. Should the magical ring that keeps it from tampering with her fail, she will be susceptible to the Demons influence and will have to rely on mental fortitude until she can re-acquire it or receive a new ward. Kaslana is ignorant to her status as a host however.
  • White Magic Practitioner: Kaslana uses holy barriers, conducts minor healing and can bless her weapon in combat against monsters and other villains. Due to her enchanted ring consistently needing mana to work, she runs the risk of spells failing if she is close to running out.
  • Child of the faith: Born into the Ecclesiarchy, her eventual induction as a knight of a Scripture was predetermined. She was trained in martial prowess from a young age and drilled relentlessly. Her combat prowess far surpasses her spellcasting ability, especially if her tendency to avoid books in any form of studying didn't hint to that. Unlike her fellow Knights, she wields a Greataxe as opposed to a Lance.
  • Mana-Reliant: As her mana begins to drain, the enchantment of her ring begins to fade. Depending on her current activity, her behavior may begin to drastically shift due to the rising influence of her guest. The middle of combat may see a rise in bloodlust, and the middle of an interrogation may see a rise in opting to use violence.
Equipment:
  • Ring of Warding (Blessed): Blessed by the High Priestesses of the Ecclesiarchy, the Ring of Sealing has been reinforced with the passing of each host. It was specifically designed to ward the foul influences of demons and other evil creatures against those who wear it both internally and externally.
  • Ecclesiarchy Greataxe: A common two-handed axe issued to Knights of the Ecclesairchy. It is white in color with gold engravings along the handle.
  • Warding Sigils: Can be placed around a camp or establishment to ward off creatures of undead or infernal origin. Powerful beings may overcome the ward or lesser beings may wear it down.
  • Armored leg piece
  • Armored Arm Piece

Personality: Often seen as spritely and in constant good spirits by her peers, Kaslana is wont to let most things dampen her spirits, always appearing as the life of the party through her constant word vomit or lame jokes while on the road. Although she has also been treated poorly or harassed by many of her peers as well due to her status as a host (a reason unknown to her), she is able to keep morale pleasant and will fight like an enraged animal to defend her allies. She believes herself and fellow Scripture followers to be paragons of order and justice, and is not above mediating disputes or aiding common citizens wherever the need arises.
Biography: It isn't easy when the whole point of your conception was to create the next host for an ancient and vengeful demon, but it is a lot easier when you're ignorant of the entire situation. Kaslana was born as property of the church, separated from her mother, the former host, at birth. She grew up on the stories that her father was a hero that perished in the war of the seven nations and that her mother had died in childbirth (a guilt that Kaslana suppresses harshly but still eats away at her). Filling the role somewhat of a parental figure was Father Otto, a warm priest who showed great kindness and implanted in her the ideals of positivity and peace. He was the one who comforted her when the suspicion and distance that others showed her proved too much on a few days, and assured her that it was through hardships that great heroes were born. Through his guidance, Kaslana would eventually be forged into the 'happy-go-lucky' Knight she was today.

Her martial training was a field in which Kaslana managed to excel, though admittedly her academic rapport was rather poor and she would end up barely passing her studies in the latter regard. However, few of her peers in training could best in her physical combat and Kaslana would finish her training under some suspicion but with grudging respect from some of those she had bested. Others would curse her status as 'cheating' but she wouldn't quite grasp what they meant.

Since her induction into the ranks of the Scripture of the Morning Star, she has waited for an opportunity to prove herself a Hero as her Father figure told her she would be able to, and the time has come. With word of monsters and other abominations becoming more apparent, the Scripture is dispatching its Knights to rid the land of corruption and protect its interests (albeit Kaslana's interests lie in the well being of the common folk). Now she travels the land with a group of three other Knights intent on hunting down evil wherever it may lurk.
Goals: Kaslana seeks to eradicate demons and other heretical creatures from the face of the world. For those who raised her and the comrades she would never see again, she swears to herself she will do her utmost to create a pure and peaceful society under the benevolence of the Faith.

Love the character IJ, would be interesting to have her bump into Felicity. That and need something for my Squire to do after the Night of the Bloody Moons and I am a bit limited on options.

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Imperial--japan wrote:I do intend to create a seperate app eventually for Kaslana's 'guest'.

Character Application

Appearance:

Skills/Powers//Magic:
Equipment:
  • Armored leg piece
  • Armored Arm Piece

Love the character IJ, would be interesting to have her bump into Felicity. That and need something for my Squire to do after the Night of the Bloody Moons and I am a bit limited on options.

Just let me know when you would want to do something then. I plan on just doing consistent self posts until I have something else to do.
Grand Britannia wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse