NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:29 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Welcome back indeed.

You seem to like demonic possession a lot, don't you IJ?

A personal favorite of mine.

Also my first post is up, feel free to critique as needed. Left it open and vague on location for possibility of interaction or connecting posts for anyone interested.

Well, I'll get back to posting in the IC pretty soon, so I will read it as soon as I can

For an interaction, well, Elysian seems to have offered some of his characters, so maybe you guys should talk about it

Now, due to me being busy in real life and being rather overwhelmed with interactions I am a very slow poster, but if you want, the one character that I can offer to everyone for interactions is a nameless and rather mischievous that appears like a boy with black eyes, wearing the skull of a deer as a mask of sorts.

Now, I haven't read your post yet, so I don't know where she is, but if she is a knight-apprentice of the Scripture of the Morning Star, a few knights, and one of the higher ranked members of the Scripture, one of the Heroes, princess Alexis of Duivene, are fighting a desperate battle against Achisians and undead forces so that might be a thing. But it might also be too complicated, since several players are already involved in that interaction.

So Elysian might be the easiest option in the end xD
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:44 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Imperial--japan wrote:A personal favorite of mine.

Also my first post is up, feel free to critique as needed. Left it open and vague on location for possibility of interaction or connecting posts for anyone interested.

Now, I haven't read your post yet, so I don't know where she is, but if she is a knight-apprentice of the Scripture of the Morning Star, a few knights, and one of the higher ranked members of the Scripture, one of the Heroes, princess Alexis of Duivene, are fighting a desperate battle against Achisians and undead forces so that might be a thing. But it might also be too complicated, since several players are already involved in that interaction.

Seriously need to wrap up Illania's reply at the moment. Ah well I will prioritize that one rather than bio updates right now.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Kollin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:54 pm

*rolls in*
It's all Trac's fault.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:13 pm

Kollin wrote:*rolls in*
It's all Trac's fault.

Oh well xD
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:26 am

Kollin wrote:*rolls in*
It's all Trac's fault.

Don't push him further into the dark pit he's in.

Hmmmmmm, I've been so damn inactive on NS lately. What a shame really. I'm procastrinating way too much.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:06 pm

Posted.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:54 pm

Due to Trace poking me I posted the next thing regarding my Paladins since it was mostly done.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Due to Trace poking me I posted the next thing regarding my Paladins since it was mostly done.

*starts rubbing Thrac's head head real real hard*

HE DID WHAT!?!

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:54 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Due to Trace poking me I posted the next thing regarding my Paladins since it was mostly done.

*starts rubbing Thrac's head head real real hard*

HE DID WHAT!?!

You heard Elysian, he poked them uwu

But,,,do not rub his head too hard or I will be required to take violent action >:c
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Kollin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:00 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:*starts rubbing Thrac's head head real real hard*

HE DID WHAT!?!

But,,,do not rub his head too hard or I will be required to take violent action >:c

CC hai.
Do you of rememberings me :P

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:21 pm

Well three posts in less than 24 hours, I have filled my quota for the rest of the year. :P
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:19 pm

Kollin wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

CC hai.

Hey!!! Of course!! How could I forget you? :p

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Well three posts in less than 24 hours, I have filled my quota for the rest of the year. :P

We are proud of you for it!! :lol2:
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Kollin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:31 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Kollin wrote:CC hai.

Hey!!! Of course!! How could I forget you? :p

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Well three posts in less than 24 hours, I have filled my quota for the rest of the year. :P

We are proud of you for it!! :lol2:

:hug:

The Cross and Davids Star
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:21 am

Edited Version of App

Character Application

Name: Kara Stevens
Sexual Orientation:Bisexual
Race:Human
Appearance:Image
Height: 5’11” Weight:142 lbs

Position/Status/Affiliation:To earn her living as well as keep up with her family’s tradition, Kara uses her abilities as mage and bard alike to aid her party when questing and providing merry music to the taverns and festivals that she visits on her journey. She holds no allegiance to any major influence, the only one she holds is the allegiance to her partners.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Kara, being a powerful mage in her own right, holds no shortage of magic at her disposal as she follows the path of Ancient Magic, possessing a specialty in White Magic especially healing and stat-boosting spells, though she does have some Black Magic in her back pocket when things get tough, her most powerful of Black spells being the ‘Song of Damnation’, a high risk high reward spell that rains both holy and cursed fire onto the battlefield that can devastate friend and foe alike, but at the cost of all but what mana Kara needs to survive. Without her relic, Kara can use many basic spells simply by singing, but her singing combined with the relics magical properties are what gives her the ability to use advanced magic. Because of her father’s teachings, Kara has the ability to defend herself should the need arise, but prefers to rely on her team to keep her safe.
Equipment: Aside from her relic, Harmonic Chaos, Kara keeps little else on her person aside from a large pack to store whatever she decides to keep and a shortsword to defend herself.

Personality: A boisterous and mischievous woman, Kara is far beyond the prim and proper, instead she likes to get knee deep into what new adventure she flings herself into and is a compulsive flirt at times. She adores music and will often play to pass the time. She is childishly naïve and with a curiosity for anything new, though this can oftentimes get her into a situation that could have been easily avoided otherwise.
Moral Alignment: Neutral Good, with hints of Chaotic Good
Biography: Raised as the newest generation in a line of bards, Kara always knew what she was going to do in life, her father and her spending as much time as they could to prepare her for her future while having fun at the same time. But as time grew on it became clear that Kara possessed the likings of a powerful mage, much like her father was. As she was born in the League of Anslem, it would be dangerous to raise her there when any mage would sweep her up and raise her as their own In an attempt to keep her from being taken by one of the many groups that pursue such a magical talent, Kara was hidden away in the lands of the Yazgirian Host, kept away from the world and raised in secret, and she was kept there even when the War of the Seven Realms raged on, knowing only of what her father told her in stories. On her 18th birthday, her father judged her ready to go it alone and sent her off with the family’s heirloom, Harmonic Chaos. Now with a smile on her face and a twinkle in her eyes, Kara had the whole world to travel and a hundred lifetime’s worth of stories to listen and tell.
Goals: Kara has no long term goal, instead wishing to life her life to the fullest in whatever way she can, though the biggest thing on her bucket list is to be front and center to a significant event so that she may tell its story.
Theme Song:A good example of a duel between bards

RP Sample:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=424423&p=33510344#p33510344
Did you read the Rules?: Yes.
Miscellaneous:N/A
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)

Relic App

Names: The relic itself is known as Harmonic Chaos, though Kara has given the name ‘Synesthesia’ to the entity that inhabits it.
Type: Holy
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Race:Synesthesia is a member of the Loroi race, but no one knows this but her.
Form as an object: The relic usually takes the form of a fiddle, though it can quickly shift to other instruments.
Form as a being:
It is good to note that she never manifests into this form.

Position/Status/Affiliation: As tradition, Kara inherited Harmonic Chaos from her father as her family’s heirloom, it being loyal to none but her.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Harmonic Chaos acts as a magical conduit, taking Kara’s mana and transforming to the specific magic she wants to use before enchanting her music with it, allowing Kara to perform spells, but at a cost. The relic passively taxes a fourth Kara’s mana stores, leaving her with less mana to be able to put into spells. Synesthesia has decades of knowledge from her travels with Kara’s ancestors, so when Kara has a lack of knowledge on a particular subject, Synesthesia will always be prepared to keep her and her partners in the know.
Personality: Synesthesia shows to be a sage-like entity, guiding her current master throughout the lands while acquiring more knowledge to help aid her master’s successor.
Moral Alignment: True Neutral
History: For as long as Synesthesia can remember, the relic that she inhabits has always been passed down from parent to child as an heirloom in the Stevens family, although on occasion she was in the possession of those outside of the family, she either being stolen away from her master or taken in spoils of combat. However, when this happens the perpetrator is always hunted down until the relic is returned to her proper owner or inherited to the next in line, the latest time this occurred was when Kara’s father hunted down a harpy that killed his father and stolen away with the relic, her father coming back days later with not only what was his, but a nice down feather coat as well. Always when her master journeyed she was eager to teach and learn, saving her master on more than one occasion with the knowledge she obtained over the years, even when Kara was but a child, the relic would talk to her, telling stories when her father could not, and in fact was the one to teach her how to play. Finally the day came when Kara’s father simply couldn’t go on adventures like he used to, and in a rather unceremonious manner, passed the relic on to his only successor, Kara. With a new master who is eager to go out into the world, it seems like Synesthesia will be working more than ever to ensure her safety.
Goals: Synesthesia’s one goal is to see her master succeeds in life and passes her on to their successor, as she enjoys traveling and being able to remember times past.
Theme Song:

RP Sample:Example is in character app
Did you read the Rules?:Yes
Miscellaneous:Harmonic Chaos will sometimes play entirely on its own, oftentimes fitting the situation with the proper music when Kara is unable to.
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)
Last edited by The Cross and Davids Star on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:30 pm

Trace has posted! Now we party! :clap:

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:31 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Trace has posted! Now we party! :clap:

I've done enough, see you next year xD

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:32 pm

The Cross and Davids Star wrote:snip

I'll review the apps as soon as possible!

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:11 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Trace has posted! Now we party! :clap:

I've done enough, see you next year xD

Next year Byzantine Calendar (which is September 1st) or next year Gregorian Calendar?

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I've done enough, see you next year xD

Next year Byzantine Calendar (which is September 1st) or next year Gregorian Calendar?

Considering that it's Thrac we're talking about, this is actually a legit question.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:43 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I've done enough, see you next year xD

Hopefully Byzantine :P

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:59 pm

Added a second picture to Illania

On the updated bio a page or two ago
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:45 am

Bit busy at the moment, so that post probably isn't going to come soon, but I'm still around. Meanwhile, I've been thinking about some of the other character ideas I had (should I actually make a second character at some point). Could a demon become an archbishop (of a sin, obviously)? I guess that might be a bit of a silly question, since it says mortals can become archbishops, and presumably demons wouldn't exactly count.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:Bit busy at the moment, so that post probably isn't going to come soon, but I'm still around. Meanwhile, I've been thinking about some of the other character ideas I had (should I actually make a second character at some point). Could a demon become an archbishop (of a sin, obviously)? I guess that might be a bit of a silly question, since it says mortals can become archbishops, and presumably demons wouldn't exactly count.

*Looks at the Archbishop of Gluttony*

Technically she's not mortal either....
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:20 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Nea Videssos wrote:Bit busy at the moment, so that post probably isn't going to come soon, but I'm still around. Meanwhile, I've been thinking about some of the other character ideas I had (should I actually make a second character at some point). Could a demon become an archbishop (of a sin, obviously)? I guess that might be a bit of a silly question, since it says mortals can become archbishops, and presumably demons wouldn't exactly count.

I guess supernatural entities can also become archbishops as long as they have a soul that can be subordinated/bound to one of the Sins?
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:55 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

I guess supernatural entities can also become archbishops as long as they have a soul that can be subordinated/bound to one of the Sins?

Yeah, that's pretty much the thing.

Theoretically I don't know. I never put that much thought into the actual relation between the Archbishops and their Sins since I'm the only one who seemed to be interested in actually having their Archbishop interact with a Sin, so it just kinda got added to the messy pile of "lore things that I have to work on at some point", oh well xD

What I can say for sure is that being mortal isn't necessarily a requirement, but you were right, having a soul is. That is mostly the Sin has to corrupt the soul, and the Archbishop in question has to offer its soul to the sin, which binds them to it.

Theoretically a demon might work, but I never decided whether demons and angels have souls to begin with. I was leaning towards the idea of them not having souls like humans and other mortal/semi-mortal beings do, since they were created as servants of the Gods and everything, but I never put too much thought into it.

And since the lore is a mess and is a work in progress, I am more than open to the idea of perhaps modifying things to better accommodate new character ideas, but it depends,

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse