NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:
Arghyo sounds like the most ideal place to live in Lonriel imo. Relative to the other realms at least.

...yeah...it kind of makes me want to brutally annihilate it and rape and murder everyone living there...

Which means it is a very good place.

Yeah.. just try :P
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:...yeah...it kind of makes me want to brutally annihilate it and rape and murder everyone living there...

A place led by two qewt elf waifus. Which means-

Sometimes, when working on lore..

My inner weeb is showing xD
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu May 03, 2018 12:20 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:Just found a very fitting theme song for Carmilla, so that's up plus a full bio for anyone with free time to kill. :)

You know Walpurgis is exactly what I had in mind when I referred to the Witches' Night in Zorya's bio. Just saying it because I saw it in Carmilla's app.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:...yeah...it kind of makes me want to brutally annihilate it and rape and murder everyone living there...

Yeah.. just try :P

I am very good at reigning in my urges and desires. Believe me. 8)
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu May 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Nuridia wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:Just found a very fitting theme song for Carmilla, so that's up plus a full bio for anyone with free time to kill. :)

You know Walpurgis is exactly what I had in mind when I referred to the Witches' Night in Zorya's bio. Just saying it because I saw it in Carmilla's app.

Speaking of witches, what you said reminded me of Madoka lol, wherein the final witch was also called Walpurgis Night. It's a pretty common term when it comes to the darker elements in fantasy from what I've seen. :p

Tracian Empire wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:
A place led by two qewt elf waifus. Which means-

Sometimes, when working on lore..

My inner weeb is showing xD

Mine just showed lol.
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 03, 2018 12:25 pm

Nuridia wrote:

Not to mention very fitting since Walpurgisnight was like just two nights ago.
Axis Asteroid wrote:
Nuridia wrote:You know Walpurgis is exactly what I had in mind when I referred to the Witches' Night in Zorya's bio. Just saying it because I saw it in Carmilla's app.

Speaking of witches, what you said reminded me of Madoka lol, wherein the final witch was also called Walpurgis Night. It's a pretty common term when it comes to the darker elements in fantasy from what I've seen. :p

I generally see Walpurgis nearly everywhere Witch-related. Regardless if light hearted or dark.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Thu May 03, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu May 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:
Arghyo sounds like the most ideal place to live in Lonriel imo. Relative to the other realms at least.

It has its secrets, but it certainly is.

I've thought that I might have made Lonriel a little bit too brutal and unforgiving, and that it also needed a ray of light xD

What is their immigration policy btw? Just asking for a friend of course. ;)

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 03, 2018 12:28 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It has its secrets, but it certainly is.

I've thought that I might have made Lonriel a little bit too brutal and unforgiving, and that it also needed a ray of light xD

"We accept everyone who makes it through the DMZ ehrm, we meant the other Anselmian authorities scouring at our borders."

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 12:33 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It has its secrets, but it certainly is.

Like Exil said, they pretty much accept everyone who manages to get there.

However, they have some tiny special Loroi relics with can generally tell if people have good or bad intentions, and those with bad intentions are not allowed in Arghyo proper :P
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Thu May 03, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 03, 2018 12:36 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

However, they have some tiny special Loroi relics with can generally tell if people have good or bad intentions, and those with bad intentions are not allowed in Arghyo proper :P

Do they also screen their own kids?

Because otherwise they might overlook a cancer growing with their own ranks. Human nature will never change :twisted:

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 12:38 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Like Exil said, they pretty much accept everyone who manages to get there.

Do they also screen their own kids?

Because otherwise they might overlook a cancer growing with their own ranks. Human nature will never change :twisted:

No they don't, and there is indeed a chance of evil growing among their own ranks.

But then again, most of the people living there are prosecuted refugees, who also basically worship their two Princesses.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu May 03, 2018 12:40 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:

"We accept everyone who makes it through the DMZ ehrm, we meant the other Anselmian authorities scouring at our borders."

Can't help but wonder if the city attracts a lot of migrants now. Border Wars except with humans, elves, and dwarves trying to sneaking past Anselm's border patrol. XD

Tracian Empire wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

"I want to meet to your elf waifus plz."

*Deport (jk)

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu May 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Do they also screen their own kids?

No they don't, and there is indeed a chance of evil growing among their own ranks.

But then again, most of the people living there are prosecuted refugees, who also basically worship their two Princesses.

Kinda sounds like a fanclub too me lol.

This, but for everyone in Arghyo.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 03, 2018 12:50 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:"We accept everyone who makes it through the DMZ ehrm, we meant the other Anselmian authorities scouring at our borders."

Can't help but wonder if the city attracts a lot of migrants now. Border Wars except with humans, elves, and dwarves trying to sneaking past Anselm's border patrol. XD

Those poor sods with some minimal bad intentions who get rejected and are left out in the open for the brutal patrols to pick them up and bring them to whichever master they belong for...further questioning about what they saw in Arghyo...

Tracian Empire wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Do they also screen their own kids?

Hehehe, you really wanna have a DMZ there btw? Anselmians stalking their borders, hoping to find ways or informations for their masters to get in?

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 03, 2018 12:53 pm

So........Exil just spent his day watching cat and other animal videos........
Exil is apparently pretty damn bored...and kind of has no motivation to watch anything real...or maybe? Yeah, Ah Castlevania LP sounds alright. Don't really want to watch Darling in the Franxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx right now even though it is currently pretty nice, with me not wanting to kill a single character up to now (usually I want to kill entire anime casts)...but it's not a finished series yet...so I can't just bingewatch it all.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu May 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:So........Exil just spent his day watching cat and other animal videos........
Exil is apparently pretty damn bored...and kind of has no motivation to watch anything real...or maybe? Yeah, Ah Castlevania LP sounds alright. Don't really want to watch Darling in the Franxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx right now even though it is currently pretty nice, with me not wanting to kill a single character up to now (usually I want to kill entire anime casts)...but it's not a finished series yet...so I can't just bingewatch it all.

If you want to bingewatch something, you could check out Devil Man Crybaby. It's pretty good and it's only 10 episodes, which means it can be finished quickly. I have to warn that the material is graphic on both dimensions though.

As for Darling, Zero Two is the main (and maybe only since the mechs aren't really the focus) reason to watch the show imo. Just be happy that you missed the drama between episode 13 and 14 lol. Episode 15 literally averted WW3 (Weeb War 3) on the internet.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 03, 2018 1:04 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:So........Exil just spent his day watching cat and other animal videos........

If you want to bingewatch something, you could check out Devil Man Crybaby. It's pretty good and it's only 10 episodes, which means it can be finished quickly. I have to warn that the material is graphic on both dimensions though.

As for Darling, Zero Two is the main (and maybe only since the mechs aren't really the focus) reason to watch the show imo. Just be happy that you missed the drama between episode 13 and 14 lol. Episode 15 literally averted WW3 (Weeb War 3) on the internet.

I already heard about it.
Haven't seen any of what I heard as a reason to hate chars there yet.

Meanwhile, I managed to want to fucking murder the entire Re:Creators cast by episode 3.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu May 03, 2018 1:10 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:I already heard about it.

Meanwhile, I managed to want to fucking murder the entire Re:Creators cast by episode 3.

That's a strong reaction lol. I didn't make it past the second episode myself when it aired, but it was more because the characters seemed pretty generic to me than anything else. It would have actually been cool if they managed to get the licenses to characters from other anime series, then it would have been more the Avengers/Ready Player One style crossover it was going for.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 03, 2018 1:22 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:I already heard about it.

That's a strong reaction lol. I didn't make it past the second episode myself when it aired, but it was more because the characters seemed pretty generic to me than anything else. It would have actually been cool if they managed to get the licenses to characters from other anime series, then it would have been more the Avengers/Ready Player One style crossover it was going for.

I want to slowly and deliciously kill the entire Madoka cast just from looking at them without even having seen their show.

So yeah, quite an accomplishment for Darlin in the Franxxxxxxxxxx to let me get till episode 11 and no one is completely and absurdly hated by me yet.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Thu May 03, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Thu May 03, 2018 1:36 pm

... I can take care of Calaria, Trace, if you want.

I just, you know, won’t be able to post that often and I don’t want to have to app for the Captain Generals.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:43 pm

What are the rules on swearing in posts?
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:... I can take care of Calaria, Trace, if you want.

I just, you know, won’t be able to post that often and I don’t want to have to app for the Captain Generals.

Aw, don't worry. Our war would be more of a background thing anyway, not requiring the greatest amount of post activity.

You should be made aware though, that nearly all of your border fortifications have already fallen before either of our nations has had time to properly mobilize their own forces.

Mercenaries ftw.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Thu May 03, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu May 03, 2018 1:47 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
... Alright. Eric now is an adept of... unicorn riding, I guess? Not that is currently riding one, but well, that's quite the skill.

Also, you mentioned plans for Eric. Anything you have in mind?

Well, riding an unicorn is not that different from riding a horse. However, since unicorns are intelligent, magical creatures, only some of Duivene's knights are able to have a bond with one. It is said that in the distant past, when Duivene was still powerful and pure, nearly all of its forces were like that, but that time is long gone.

Vaguely. I have something in mind for Duivene. I was thinking that, now that Eric is about to receive at least a partial pardon, he would try to recover his former titles, he could easily fall right in the middle of the conflict between a part of the nobility and the Seneschal.

I am technically the one in charge of the Seneschal's faction, but however, as I am already heavily involved in Velikiya, Wyzkia, and Achisia, I don't think that I'll be able to properly control them, which is why I was thinking about delegating that plot to some players.

Definitely. Technically he's still a General of a Kartaran faction and a man with two reputations. In Duivene he is a traitor but to a Kartaran clan he is somewhat of a hero. So yes, he probably will be the source of some commotion in the Duivenian courts, even more due to his opinions about the Church and the Inquisition.

And yes, that plot could use more players. I think Charli could play some highly hypocritical nobles with a tendency to kill heretics, or maybe an old ally of Fandral Eric.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Thu May 03, 2018 3:38 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Zapatha wrote:Arthur app

So, I have a couple points I'd like to discuss, here comes my infamous list :P
  • The first point is mostly a question of fixing some mistakes. You should update your app in order to fit with the updated lore. Things like titles, the knightly orders, and so on. It would also be nice to fix the name of the sword, is it Light Bringer or Lightbringer? And there also a couple of other mistakes then and there that should be fixed, including in his name - as far as I know, the "von" particle is written just like this, without a capital letter.
  • Not much, but if you are going to use the Moral Allignment field, it would be nice to get an actual DnD moral alignment option :P
  • How do his magical powers work? Is it within the field of the Magic of the Oath, as in, does he require incantations to use them, are they ancient magic spells bound to the sword? And what do you mean by banishing demons? Destroying their physical bodies and forcing their souls to return to one of the hells?
  • How important is his position as one of the Seven Heroes for you? During the lore update, I've changed several things about them, several things that I can't share publicly since they would be spoilers (and you should also not say anything about what I've told you about them - those would be spoilers too :P), and you might not like what I changed. We should take this particular point of discussion over to the TG.

1+2) Jeez I didn't know those mistakes were serious, but I'll fix them
3)Ancient magic, no not bond to the sword but the sword amplifies his power making spells easier to control as a human really isn't meant to use ancient magic (I think?). And you're correct with how it destroys demons' physical bodies, sending them back to one of the hells
4)I'll look at the TG

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Thu May 03, 2018 3:44 pm

Zapatha wrote:Name:Arthur von Schmidt
Age:77 (Stopped aging at 23 when he took up the sword Light Bringer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Race:Human
Appearance:6’4, 225 lbs, long, blonde hair and sky blue eyes.
https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0381/2 ... 369340.jpg

Position/Status/Affiliation: Arthur is a "Champion" of the goddess Aurora, which means he is blessed with special abilities that normal mortals do not possess. As one First Servant of the Dawn, Arthur is devoutly loyal to the goddess Aurora and leader of the order of The Scripture of the Morning Star. Arthur fought in the war against Achisia and helped defeat the servants of evil. During the war, he served as a commander of a portion of Velikiya’s armies during the War of the Seven Nations. Currently, he is embroiled in the war of succession in Velikiya after his cousin, Krajl Wilhelm, died due to the Cults of Sin.

Skills/Powers//Magic: Arthur is a skilled warrior, having had almost 70 years of training and experience to his name. Arthur wields his sword Lightbringer, which can only be used by him. The sword’s blade is made of pure, blue light that only Arthur has the ability to conjure. The blade can rip through armor quite easily, and as a magical weapon harms creatures such as demons much more than any normal weapon (aside from a relic). The sword also helps him control his power and channel it, as it can sometimes be hard for Arthur to contain his mana and use it effectively.

Magic- Arthur is blessed with a powerful light magic unique to him as a Champion of Aurora, as he can use it to blind enemies, banish demons back to Hell, shield himself from magical attacks, and conjure white fire. Arthur also has a mastery over healing magics. Arthur’s mana reserves are enormous, though he is just limited to the magic which Aurora blesses him with.

Physical abilities- Arthur has enhanced strength and endurance, amplified with his wielding of Lightbringer. Arthur also seems to age at a glacial pace or not at all, which may be attributed to his wielding of his blessed sword or some other forces. He also has a rapid healing ability, though it doesn’t rebuild limbs or entire organs.
Equipment-
-The magical sword Lightbringer
-A very light yet durable set of steel plate armor
-A pack full of survival gear for life in the wilds

Personality: Arthur is a very charitable and chivalrous person, but also secretive. Arthur is a devout follower of Aurora, and claims that his devotion to her is what drives him to do good and pacify evil and darkness anywhere he can find it. This is both good and bad, as in his quest to destroy evil Arthur becomes blind to any innocents he harms in achieving his goals. Arthur also has a sense of superiority over the needs of others, however is still a compassionate person.
Moral Alignment: Good, though secretive
Biography: Arthur was born a noble of a prominent Velikiyan house,. He grew up learning how to govern and lead men, and to always regard Aurora as his favored goddess as his father was a veteran Knight of the Dawn. Arthur never knew who his mother was, and his father never told anyone either so it was just assumed that Arthur was just another bastard son. When he was 13, Arthur first picked up a sword and trained in combat and light magic by some of the best fighters and mages Velikiya could offer. When he was 23, Arthur had become head of his House upon his fathers’ death, which had come under some mysterious circumstances. After investigating further into his death, Arthur learned that a Knight of the Dawn had taken up the investigation of his father’s death as well. He learned from a bar keeper at a remote village that the knight had gone to a nearby ruin to investigate. The keeper said that the knight was in a rush, and seemed to be looking over his shoulder incessantly as if someone- or something- was following him.

As Arthur rode his steed to the ruin, he was overcome with a feeling of darkness and dread, and then he saw them. Three creatures stood over the battered body of the Knight of the Dawn, all three of them seething with dark power and flames licking all around them. Just as Arthur was about to run, all three daemons sensed his presence and closed in on the young noble. Arthur picked up the Knight’s sword near him, and prepared to face his fate. Arthur charged at the daemons, who in turn unsheathed their demonic weapons and swung at Arthur. The next memory that Arthur had was seeing the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, surrounded by a radiating light. She walked to him, and kissed his forehead.

Arthur then woke up, realizing he was wearing an intricately designed steel armor and felt power surging within his veins. As the daemons looked at Arthur dumbstruck, he realized that his blade had been broken by the daemons’ own weapons. As the daemons closed in on Arthur, he instinctively grabbed the sword’s hilt and was awed when he saw a blue flame appear once he held it. Just as he did this, he swung his blade at a blinding speed even the daemons couldn’t catch up with, decapitating all three of them on the spot. On that day, Arthur realized his true destiny, which was to be a Knight of the Dawn and eternal servant of Aurora, who he believes is who he saw in his “dream”. Ever since then, Arthur has gone on to become one of the greatest knights of his order, and has been serving as its head for almost 40 years. During the War of Seven Nations, he served under the Velikiyan army and was one of the Seven Heroes who ended the war. He is also rumored to have personally slew two of the traitorous knights himself, however that claim is disputed. Recently, Arthur has uncovered a plot to destabilize Velikiya into civil war and replace its leader with a Prince who allegedly has ties to the Cult of Sins.
Goals: To serve Aurora in any way he can; end the Velikiya’s civil war and fight the Cult of Sins
Theme Song:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2ylGAwBnk

RP Sample: Returning player
Did you read the Rules?: Yes
Miscellaneous:(If there is anything else you would want to add..)
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)
----------------------
There we go, been pretty excited for this!

Wait I do have the lore corrections, as I changed the knightly order's name to Scripture of the Morning Star, and I clearly spell the sword as "Lightbringer", etc.
Last edited by Zapatha on Sun May 06, 2018 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse