NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-STILL OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Granis
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1304
Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Thu May 03, 2018 7:34 am

Alright, here are both the apps. Has there ever been so much degenerate literary diarrhoea gathered in a single post before? I doubt it!



CODE: SELECT ALL
Character Application


Name: Leide of Tarbes
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Race: Human (Actually a cambion, but be doesn't know that yet.)
Appearance:
Image


Position/Status/Affiliation:
Fisherman, Unaffiliated mage apprentice
Skills/Powers//Magic:
Leide is fairly skilled at magic, having been taught by an incredibly skilled elven mage who saved his town. He has become very proficient with magic involving barriers, and magic that manipulates water. He does not understand the separations between different forms of magic, as he was never taught about them by his teacher. Therefore, he doesn't understand that the water magic his teacher has taught him is actually closer to proper ancient magic than magic of the oath.
He is also fairly talented when it ones to fighting with a staff, as his teacher enforced the idea that he should not rely purely on magic.
Equipment: (What equipment do they have with them?)
A simple, wooden staff with a crook at the end.
A large journal, in which he has documented all the research into magic he and his teacher have done.


Personality: In a word, Leide is naive. He is the kind of person who will try to help people, no matter how foolish the case may seem, and will try to trust people as much as he can. Of course, this regularly gets him into trouble, with people taking advantage of him being the least of his worries. However, that doesn't stop him from continuing on with a smile on his face. It takes a hell of a lot to make him angry. That, or you simply have to target the right thing.
Moral Alignment: Not gonna use this, because I want to have options.
Biography: Oddly enough, Leide has had a fairly normal life. He grew up in a small fishing village in a very mountainous region named Tarbes, where he lived with his grandfather. Until the age of ten, Leide grew up learning the ways of the fisherman, believing it would be the trade he pursued for his whole life. However, just a few days before he turned eleven, a massive storm swept towards the town.

For a while, it looked like the storm might cause the ocean to sweep the entire village away. However, just as the situation was hitting it's peak, an elven woman, garbed in a simple cloak and wielding an intricate staff, stepped up to the coast and began to chant. As she chanted, a massive astral barrier formed around the entire village, causing the water to sweep over it rather than the village. Leide could only watch on, completely entranced, as he watched schools of fish and even a few truly massive sharks swimming through the water against the barrier.

From that day onwards, he was hooked, and sought out the mage. The woman, who was drinking at the villages inn, seemed horrified when Leide begged her to teach him, and tried everything she could think of without actually killing the poor boy to try and discourage him. However, when she realised that the increasingly lethal booby traps weren't going to work, she eventually gave in, agreeing to teach the boy in the nearby mountains, so as to not disturb the villagers.

For the next seven years, Leide learnt magic from the woman, who never revealed her name. He became quite good at it too, gaining great talent in his masters signature barrier magic. However, on the day he turned eighteen, Leide's master told him to go and wander the country as the next stage of his education. Leide, eager to try using his magic to actually help people, agreed, setting out on his journey.
Goals: Wander the world, helping people and learning new magic in the process.
Theme Song:
Passive: Servante de feu
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0YKo8tx4x0
Active: Fierce Battle
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJoiEbHih8


RP Sample:
"Your friend?" Diz asked, curiosity in his voice. He could feel the creature tensing up beneath his scythe, but it was clear to anyone that it was merely because of the shadows binding around it, and the weapon around its neck.

Slowly, he retracted the weapon back into the shadows, before changing his form.

Perhaps it was fitting, given the creature he could see through the glass surrounding them, that he chose a similar form.

Tendrils began to writhe from the shadows, as he became a massive squid. It was not nearly as large as the one that had passed by, but it was still large enough to contend with a couple of whales, at the very least.

Eerily serene in his movements, he swam around the two, no doubt catching the attention of others within the vicinity as well.

"You say it is your friend, but can you be so sure?" He asked. Yes, he could sense that there was some Christianity to the creature, but as with the girl, there was something else, a wrathful energy which unnerved him. "How do you know it is not merely one of the creatures from outside, having somehow found itself in this cage?"

And then he looked to the ground by one of the creatures feet, noticing something.

"Could it perhaps be related to that message? Something about its mother?"

And then his form shifted again, becoming a great wolf standing over the small girl.

"Or perhaps something about yours?"

Did you read the Rules?: Yes
Miscellaneous:(If there is anything else you would want to add..)
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)





Character Application



[b]Name:
Jeremy Lindall

Age: 22

Gender: Male

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Race: Human

Appearance:
Image
(Jeremy, during a trip to Japan where he spent literally all of his money.)

Image



Position/Status/Affiliation: He has no affiliation with any organisations at the moment, here or on earth.

Skills/Powers//Magic:
A little stronger than the average person, but not by a whole lot
Writing
Cooking

Equipment:
A sleeping bag
A backpack
Five filled writing journals, and one mostly empty one
A Swiss Army knife
A drink bottle
A take away container filled with cold pasta
A chicken sandwich



Personality:
Jeremy is generally a very laid back, fun-loving person. He tends to take what life throws at him with a smile, and enjoys spending time with people. His three passions in life, cooking, writing, and traveling, reflect this, and he has made many friends across the world.

It takes a lot of shit being rained down on him before it actually makes him upset.

Too bad he's about to wake up in a world where exactly that will happen.

Moral Alignment: I normally wouldn't use this, but he's pretty heavily Chaotic Good

Biography:
Jeremy Lindall has had a relatively simple, yet still rather interesting life. Throughout his school years, he was always the 'funny guy', who was always in the middle of his groups, but never actually felt like he had an identity outside of making people laugh. This led to a minor mental crisis at the start of highschool.

However, he managed to overcome this breakdown by discovering a love for writing fiction. Before long, he wasn't just the 'funny guy', but the 'guy who tells all the funniest stories'. He then decided that he liked impressing people so much, that he decided to push it further, learning how to cook so he could make even more friends, and securing his role as the 'guy whose house we all meet at'.

Unfortunately, Jeremy was never the smartest person, and failed year eleven of highschool. Rather than repeat the year, he decided to drop out to travel. Despite the multiple people telling him it was a bad idea, Jeremy spent the next two years walking around Australia, and the next three wandering across Europe, using money he had saved from his part time job and writing competitions. As he traveled, he wrote in a journal he owned, quickly filling it with random notes and stories. Before long, he had done the same with four more journals, and he is now on his sixth.

However, just a few days after his wandering in Europe had hit the third year, he woke up in an unfamiliar forest, despite having fallen asleep in a field.

On the plus side though, now he'd get a bunch of great new stories.

Maybe, just maybe, he'll even make it back home to tell them...

Goals: Continue to improve his writing, and figure out how to get back to earth.

Theme Song:
Woodkid - Great Escape



RP Sample:
Do I still need to do this?

Did you read the Rules?: Yeah.

Miscellaneous:
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)
Last edited by Granis on Thu May 03, 2018 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Charlia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 45715
Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 am

Granis wrote:Alright, here are both the apps. Has there ever been so much degenerate literary diarrhoea gathered in a single post before? I doubt it!



CODE: SELECT ALL
Character Application


Name: Leide of Tarbes
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Race: Human (Actually a cambion, but be doesn't know that yet.)
Appearance:
(Image)


Position/Status/Affiliation:
Fisherman, Unaffiliated mage apprentice
Skills/Powers//Magic:
Leide is fairly skilled at magic, having been taught by an incredibly skilled elven mage who saved his town. He has become very proficient with magic involving barriers, and magic that manipulates water. He does not understand the separations between different forms of magic, as he was never taught about them by his teacher. Therefore, he doesn't understand that the water magic his teacher has taught him is actually closer to proper ancient magic than magic of the oath.
He is also fairly talented when it ones to fighting with a staff, as his teacher enforced the idea that he should not rely purely on magic.
Equipment: (What equipment do they have with them?)
A simple, wooden staff with a crook at the end.
A large journal, in which he has documented all the research into magic he and his teacher have done.


Personality: In a word, Leide is naive. He is the kind of person who will try to help people, no matter how foolish the case may seem, and will try to trust people as much as he can. Of course, this regularly gets him into trouble, with people taking advantage of him being the least of his worries. However, that doesn't stop him from continuing on with a smile on his face. It takes a hell of a lot to make him angry. That, or you simply have to target the right thing.
Moral Alignment: Not gonna use this, because I want to have options.
Biography: Oddly enough, Leide has had a fairly normal life. He grew up in a small fishing village in a very mountainous region named Tarbes, where he lived with his grandfather. Until the age of ten, Leide grew up learning the ways of the fisherman, believing it would be the trade he pursued for his whole life. However, just a few days before he turned eleven, a massive storm swept towards the town.

For a while, it looked like the storm might cause the ocean to sweep the entire village away. However, just as the situation was hitting it's peak, an elven woman, garbed in a simple cloak and wielding an intricate staff, stepped up to the coast and began to chant. As she chanted, a massive astral barrier formed around the entire village, causing the water to sweep over it rather than the village. Leide could only watch on, completely entranced, as he watched schools of fish and even a few truly massive sharks swimming through the water against the barrier.

From that day onwards, he was hooked, and sought out the mage. The woman, who was drinking at the villages inn, seemed horrified when Leide begged her to teach him, and tried everything she could think of without actually killing the poor boy to try and discourage him. However, when she realised that the increasingly lethal booby traps weren't going to work, she eventually gave in, agreeing to teach the boy in the nearby mountains, so as to not disturb the villagers.

For the next seven years, Leide learnt magic from the woman, who never revealed her name. He became quite good at it too, gaining great talent in his masters signature barrier magic. However, on the day he turned eighteen, Leide's master told him to go and wander the country as the next stage of his education. Leide, eager to try using his magic to actually help people, agreed, setting out on his journey.
Goals: Wander the world, helping people and learning new magic in the process.
Theme Song:
Passive: Servante de feu
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0YKo8tx4x0
Active: Fierce Battle
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJoiEbHih8


RP Sample:
"Your friend?" Diz asked, curiosity in his voice. He could feel the creature tensing up beneath his scythe, but it was clear to anyone that it was merely because of the shadows binding around it, and the weapon around its neck.

Slowly, he retracted the weapon back into the shadows, before changing his form.

Perhaps it was fitting, given the creature he could see through the glass surrounding them, that he chose a similar form.

Tendrils began to writhe from the shadows, as he became a massive squid. It was not nearly as large as the one that had passed by, but it was still large enough to contend with a couple of whales, at the very least.

Eerily serene in his movements, he swam around the two, no doubt catching the attention of others within the vicinity as well.

"You say it is your friend, but can you be so sure?" He asked. Yes, he could sense that there was some Christianity to the creature, but as with the girl, there was something else, a wrathful energy which unnerved him. "How do you know it is not merely one of the creatures from outside, having somehow found itself in this cage?"

And then he looked to the ground by one of the creatures feet, noticing something.

"Could it perhaps be related to that message? Something about its mother?"

And then his form shifted again, becoming a great wolf standing over the small girl.

"Or perhaps something about yours?"

Did you read the Rules?: Yes
Miscellaneous:(If there is anything else you would want to add..)
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)





Position/Status/Affiliation: He has no affiliation with any organisations at the moment, here or on earth.

Skills/Powers//Magic:
A little stronger than the average person, but not by a whole lot
Writing
Cooking

Equipment:
A sleeping bag
A backpack
Five filled writing journals, and one mostly empty one
A Swiss Army knife
A drink bottle
A take away container filled with cold pasta
A chicken sandwich



Personality:
Jeremy is generally a very laid back, fun-loving person. He tends to take what life throws at him with a smile, and enjoys spending time with people. His three passions in life, cooking, writing, and traveling, reflect this, and he has made many friends across the world.

It takes a lot of shit being rained down on him before it actually makes him upset.

Too bad he's about to wake up in a world where exactly that will happen.

Moral Alignment: I normally wouldn't use this, but he's pretty heavily Chaotic Good

Biography:
Jeremy Lindall has had a relatively simple, yet still rather interesting life. Throughout his school years, he was always the 'funny guy', who was always in the middle of his groups, but never actually felt like he had an identity outside of making people laugh. This led to a minor mental crisis at the start of highschool.

However, he managed to overcome this breakdown by discovering a love for writing fiction. Before long, he wasn't just the 'funny guy', but the 'guy who tells all the funniest stories'. He then decided that he liked impressing people so much, that he decided to push it further, learning how to cook so he could make even more friends, and securing his role as the 'guy whose house we all meet at'.

Unfortunately, Jeremy was never the smartest person, and failed year eleven of highschool. Rather than repeat the year, he decided to drop out to travel. Despite the multiple people telling him it was a bad idea, Jeremy spent the next two years walking around Australia, and the next three wandering across Europe, using money he had saved from his part time job and writing competitions. As he traveled, he wrote in a journal he owned, quickly filling it with random notes and stories. Before long, he had done the same with four more journals, and he is now on his sixth.

However, just a few days after his wandering in Europe had hit the third year, he woke up in an unfamiliar forest, despite having fallen asleep in a field.

On the plus side though, now he'd get a bunch of great new stories.

Maybe, just maybe, he'll even make it back home to tell them...

Goals: Continue to improve his writing, and figure out how to get back to earth.

Theme Song:
Woodkid - Great Escape



RP Sample:
Do I still need to do this?

Did you read the Rules?: Yeah.

Miscellaneous:
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)[/box]
You're, uh, missing a bit of Jeremy's.

User avatar
Granis
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1304
Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Thu May 03, 2018 7:40 am

Yeah, just fixed it then. Something was weird with the formatting.

User avatar
Charlia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 45715
Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu May 03, 2018 7:42 am

Granis wrote:Yeah, just fixed it then. Something was weird with the formatting.
*gestures magnanimously* I'd look them over more closely, but I'm leaving in like five minutes.

User avatar
Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10381
Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 03, 2018 9:24 am

Granis wrote:Alright, here are both the apps. Has there ever been so much degenerate literary diarrhoea gathered in a single post before? I doubt it!



CODE: SELECT ALL
Character Application


Name: Leide of Tarbes

Everytime I see Leide, I just want to say creepily:

"Leide."

Translates to "Suffer."
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Woodhouse Loyalist & Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

User avatar
Elysian Kentarchy
Senator
 
Posts: 4645
Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Thu May 03, 2018 10:58 am

Nuridia wrote:
Charlia wrote:It looks pretty good to me, just so long as you realize that, with only a lance to protect her, she might very well die on her own. XD

Also, there's no RP sample. I'm not sure how well you and Trace know each other, so it might be wise to add that. *shrugs* And I can't speak to any possible lore errors, that's Tracian's job. But the app seems fine in and of itself--it's not overpowered(pretty much the exact opposite :p), et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Of course, final say belongs to Trace.

And isn't a lance just a spear?


Primary difference is the former is more a cavalry weapon and the latter is a cavalry/infantry weapon and the former is something you would see in a joust.

That and spear is a general term for "long sharp pointed stick" while lance is a specific type.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Thu May 03, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.


Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

User avatar
Elysian Kentarchy
Senator
 
Posts: 4645
Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Thu May 03, 2018 11:00 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Granis wrote:Alright, here are both the apps. Has there ever been so much degenerate literary diarrhoea gathered in a single post before? I doubt it!



CODE: SELECT ALL
Character Application


Name: Leide of Tarbes

Everytime I see Leide, I just want to say creepily:

"Leide."

Translates to "Suffer."


Well RIP Granis' character. :D


Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24861
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 11:04 am

Granis wrote:Snip

Alright so, both apps look alright! As soon as you'll fix that really, really annoying BB code mistake, they will be accepted :P

I have a couple of questions though, since I don't remember if we have ever discussed them xD
Therefore, he doesn't understand that the water magic his teacher has taught him is actually closer to proper ancient magic than magic of the oath.

Now, for some explanations. In theory it's not impossible for a Mage of the Oath to use Ancient Magic - even if in practice, it is near impossible, one would be able to use it consciously if they are guided by an experienced user, like how that Loroi mage could have guided him. An instinctive, impulsive use of Ancient Magic can be done by all mages - if a mage were to react in a purely emotional manner to a situation, and if he were to simply try to make a spell without words, any mage would be able to unconsciously use Ancient Magic, but of course, with all the dangers that come with using such a quirky magic.

But on the other hand, an Ancient Magic user can not use the Magic of the Oath if they were never properly introduced to it. The Oath is actually a spell of sorts, that has to be performed by both the master and the one who is about to be initiated to it at the same time. Through that old spell, the initiate basically takes the symbolically named Oath, and is from that moment on able to actually use the incantations and chants. Even if a mage would learn all the proper chants, without the Oath, he or she would be unable to use them.

So, for Leide to do what you described there, he would need to be a Mage of the Oath, who is perhaps also able to instinctively do some Ancient Magic spells.

Question two, did we ever establish were Tarbes is? Not a big issue, but I don't remember if we ever established Leide's homeland.

As for Jeremy, did we ever establish exactly how he ended up in this world? Because if not, I have a certain little deity who is known to mess with the space and the time xD
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Axis Asteroid
Diplomat
 
Posts: 794
Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu May 03, 2018 11:12 am

Tracian Empire wrote:As for Jeremy, did we ever establish exactly how he ended up in this world? Because if not, I have a certain little deity who is known to mess with the space and the time xD


That little deity strikes again. :p

Is this the second (or first in terms of order) person he's whisked away from another world/timeline? Is there a master plan at work here? ;)
Last edited by Axis Asteroid on Thu May 03, 2018 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24861
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 11:14 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:As for Jeremy, did we ever establish exactly how he ended up in this world? Because if not, I have a certain little deity who is known to mess with the space and the time xD


That little deity strikes again. :p

Is this the second (or first in terms of order) person he's whisked away from another world/timeline? Is there a master plan at work here? ;)

Who knows :P

He certainly does love to break all time and space though xD

And unlike many other deities, he is known to also "help" both those who serve the dark and those who serve the light.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Axis Asteroid
Diplomat
 
Posts: 794
Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu May 03, 2018 11:21 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:That little deity strikes again. :p

Is this the second (or first in terms of order) person he's whisked away from another world/timeline? Is there a master plan at work here? ;)

Who knows :P

He certainly does love to break all time and space though xD

And unlike many other deities, he is known to also "help" both those who serve the dark and those who serve the light.


Interesting. Looks like some characters have an audience lol.

Sounds like a mischievous fella. :p

Inb4 he's just bored and wants to spice things up as a result. xD
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24861
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 11:26 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Who knows :P

He certainly does love to break all time and space though xD

And unlike many other deities, he is known to also "help" both those who serve the dark and those who serve the light.


Interesting. Looks like some characters have an audience lol.

Sounds like a mischievous fella. :p

Inb4 he's just bored and wants to spice things up as a result. xD

He is going to follow many characters around, and he is kinda mischievous - the whole thing in Arys actually happened because of him xD

Who knows :P
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24861
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 11:43 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:That will be interesting :p

I'd also advise against angering the ancient dragon protecting that realm :p

*reads Xerena*

Damn sure that didn't exist last time I looked.

Anyway, Wyvern riders, yes? Then the Griffons of the Wyzkians. Did you decide by now wether Duivene's special cav was actually gonna ride Unicorns or not?

It was called a "lore update" for a couple good reasons :P

Most of Duivene's cavalry is probably going to ride unicorns, just because I can xD
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Nuridia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13223
Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Nuridia » Thu May 03, 2018 11:45 am

Character Application

(I highly suggest that you should read the OOC and parts of the Lore prior to filling this out, as they can help you when creating an app.)
(Fill it out as requested.)
(Erase everything in parentheses when finishing the app)


Name: Zorya Lehzen
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Pan
Race: Human
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7c/aa/ad ... 9ad52a.png


Position/Status/Affiliation:(What do they do for a living? Are they part of any organizations? Are they loyal to anyone in particular? Stuff like that.)
Skills/Powers//Magic: Black Magic, although she very much wishes she could wield Ancient Magic and is on a mission to figure out if this is a possibility.
Equipment: A book of spells, equipment that witches would typically carry around like potions and a wand.


Personality: Zorya is actually pretty friendly to most people, and has an outgoing personality. She has a great reverence for magic and respect for what it can do. She'll help people out, usually for a price or if it benefits her or her long-term goal (she never claimed to be selfless), and can be quite scary when she gets angry or reckless when bored. It can be hard for her to deal with being overwhelmed and she can freak out when under too much pressure. However, when she does genuinely care about someone she will be selfless for them.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Biography: Zorya is the daughter of a Kartaran pirate named Avedren and his lover, a young witch named Zena who made a base with her coven in Calaria. The two had met when Avedren and his men had come to the shores injured from both a recent major battle and the storm they had fought through to get here. They had wandered into the forest where he got separated from his men, and Zena stumbled upon him. After she had brought him to the house where her coven was stationed, she saw to his wounds and the two became close. When he had fully healed, he found that his men had left without him, taken his ship and everything. He was furious, but it wasn’t all bad since he had fallen in love with Zena. They married in secret and shortly afterward, Zorya was born. She was raised with her mother's coven, and was considered a special child because she was born on a night known as Witches’ Night...the night of a lunar eclipse which is considered an especially magical day in some witch circles.

While Zorya grew up, she learned the mysteries of the arcane taught by her mother, and her father would take her sailing and teach her all about the sea, although she leaned much more toward the magical side of things. She was torn between learning Black or White magic, she couldn't really decide and found it frustrating that humans could only wield one, but she decided on Black because the spells tended to have more offensive power. The problem was that she was too damn curious and tended to muck around trying to experiment when she was young, instead of channeling her power like she was trained and this often got her into trouble. An example was her trying to practice magic during a storm, hoping maybe to harness the energy of the lightning and amplify her spell. Ended up getting struck by lightning, and it was thanks to the quick intervention of her mother that she survived, although she has permanent lightning scars on the right side of her face as well as most of her body now. And she had bouts of pain for years that still continue to this day...it was a harsh and painful lesson although it did give her a whole new respect for magic and made her take it much more seriously.

Goals: To be the greatest witch alive and form a coven of her own, maybe even get a court position.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdY2QcnyQvI


RP Sample:(If I know you, you can skip this part, but if not, I need a sample to see how good you are.)
Did you read the Rules?: (Yes?)
Miscellaneous:(If there is anything else you would want to add..)
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24861
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 11:51 am

Zapatha wrote:Arthur app

So, I have a couple points I'd like to discuss, here comes my infamous list :P
  • The first point is mostly a question of fixing some mistakes. You should update your app in order to fit with the updated lore. Things like titles, the knightly orders, and so on. It would also be nice to fix the name of the sword, is it Light Bringer or Lightbringer? And there also a couple of other mistakes then and there that should be fixed, including in his name - as far as I know, the "von" particle is written just like this, without a capital letter.
  • Not much, but if you are going to use the Moral Allignment field, it would be nice to get an actual DnD moral alignment option :P
  • How do his magical powers work? Is it within the field of the Magic of the Oath, as in, does he require incantations to use them, are they ancient magic spells bound to the sword? And what do you mean by banishing demons? Destroying their physical bodies and forcing their souls to return to one of the hells?
  • How important is his position as one of the Seven Heroes for you? During the lore update, I've changed several things about them, several things that I can't share publicly since they would be spoilers (and you should also not say anything about what I've told you about them - those would be spoilers too :P), and you might not like what I changed. We should take this particular point of discussion over to the TG.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6299
Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu May 03, 2018 11:58 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:*reads Xerena*

Damn sure that didn't exist last time I looked.

Anyway, Wyvern riders, yes? Then the Griffons of the Wyzkians. Did you decide by now wether Duivene's special cav was actually gonna ride Unicorns or not?

It was called a "lore update" for a couple good reasons :P

Most of Duivene's cavalry is probably going to ride unicorns, just because I can xD


... Alright. Eric now is an adept of... unicorn riding, I guess? Not that is currently riding one, but well, that's quite the skill.

Also, you mentioned plans for Eric. Anything you have in mind?
Nothing to see here, move along.

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24861
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 12:04 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It was called a "lore update" for a couple good reasons :P

Most of Duivene's cavalry is probably going to ride unicorns, just because I can xD


... Alright. Eric now is an adept of... unicorn riding, I guess? Not that is currently riding one, but well, that's quite the skill.

Also, you mentioned plans for Eric. Anything you have in mind?

Well, riding an unicorn is not that different from riding a horse. However, since unicorns are intelligent, magical creatures, only some of Duivene's knights are able to have a bond with one. It is said that in the distant past, when Duivene was still powerful and pure, nearly all of its forces were like that, but that time is long gone.

Vaguely. I have something in mind for Duivene. I was thinking that, now that Eric is about to receive at least a partial pardon, he would try to recover his former titles, he could easily fall right in the middle of the conflict between a part of the nobility and the Seneschal.

I am technically the one in charge of the Seneschal's faction, but however, as I am already heavily involved in Velikiya, Wyzkia, and Achisia, I don't think that I'll be able to properly control them, which is why I was thinking about delegating that plot to some players.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10381
Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It was called a "lore update" for a couple good reasons :P

Most of Duivene's cavalry is probably going to ride unicorns, just because I can xD


... Alright. Eric now is an adept of... unicorn riding, I guess? Not that is currently riding one, but well, that's quite the skill.

Also, you mentioned plans for Eric. Anything you have in mind?

Unicorn cav.

Holy Jeebus.

Who gets Pegasus Cav?
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Woodhouse Loyalist & Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

User avatar
Axis Asteroid
Diplomat
 
Posts: 794
Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu May 03, 2018 12:07 pm

Just found a very fitting theme song for Carmilla, so that's up plus a full bio for anyone with free time to kill. :)
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

User avatar
Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10381
Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:I am technically the one in charge of the Seneschal's faction, but however, as I am already heavily involved in Velikiya, Wyzkia, and Achisia, I don't think that I'll be able to properly control them, which is why I was thinking about delegating that plot to some players.

I suppose that means I am still more or less in charge of Anselm...and by extension Calaria because I doubt anyone else is going to try and play small war...

Arghyo doesn't count because it's a nearly a separate identity and I got nearly no clue about it.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Woodhouse Loyalist & Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

User avatar
Axis Asteroid
Diplomat
 
Posts: 794
Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu May 03, 2018 12:12 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:I suppose that means I am still more or less in charge of Anselm...and by extension Calaria because I doubt anyone else is going to try and play small war...

Arghyo doesn't count because it's a nearly a separate identity and I got nearly no clue about it.


Arghyo sounds like the most ideal place to live in Lonriel imo. Relative to the other realms at least.
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

User avatar
Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10381
Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:I suppose that means I am still more or less in charge of Anselm...and by extension Calaria because I doubt anyone else is going to try and play small war...

Arghyo doesn't count because it's a nearly a separate identity and I got nearly no clue about it.


Arghyo sounds like the most ideal place to live in Lonriel imo. Relative to the other realms at least.

...yeah...it kind of makes me want to brutally annihilate it and rape and murder everyone living there...

Which means it is a very good place.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Woodhouse Loyalist & Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24861
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 12:18 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I am technically the one in charge of the Seneschal's faction, but however, as I am already heavily involved in Velikiya, Wyzkia, and Achisia, I don't think that I'll be able to properly control them, which is why I was thinking about delegating that plot to some players.

I suppose that means I am still more or less in charge of Anselm...and by extension Calaria because I doubt anyone else is going to try and play small war...

Arghyo doesn't count because it's a nearly a separate identity and I got nearly no clue about it.

For the time being I'm clearly still in charge of Arghyo since I'm the only one to knows its lore, but positions there are open too.

And anyone can app for a Calarian character, though obviously, those in positions of power will be the Captain General of the Seas, the Captain General of the Lands and one of the Six Archons.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24861
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:I suppose that means I am still more or less in charge of Anselm...and by extension Calaria because I doubt anyone else is going to try and play small war...

Arghyo doesn't count because it's a nearly a separate identity and I got nearly no clue about it.


Arghyo sounds like the most ideal place to live in Lonriel imo. Relative to the other realms at least.

It has its secrets, but it certainly is.

I've thought that I might have made Lonriel a little bit too brutal and unforgiving, and that it also needed a ray of light xD
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Axis Asteroid
Diplomat
 
Posts: 794
Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu May 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:
Arghyo sounds like the most ideal place to live in Lonriel imo. Relative to the other realms at least.

...yeah...it kind of makes me want to brutally annihilate it and rape and murder everyone living there...

Which means it is a very good place.


A place led by two qewt elf waifus. Which means-

Image
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dentali, Faal Lot Himdah, Galnius, Kargintinia, Novas Arcanum, Talchyon

Advertisement

Remove ads