NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:14 pm

Hello my comrades. Is me.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue May 01, 2018 2:15 pm

Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I'm still going to have to proofread the Lore before the IC is launched, but it should be alright.

If you have any questions, just tell me.

And I hope that you're alright.

I can get over what happened, and I'm sure you've got an idea of what went down.

Not really, since I haven't had the time to properly read what was posted about it, so I can't say much about it.

But I won't ask anything else.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue May 01, 2018 2:18 pm

Sweet, a reboot! Hopefully my characters fit in better next time.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Tue May 01, 2018 3:42 pm

Name:Arthur Von Schmidt
Age:77 (Stopped aging at 23 when he took up the sword Light Bringer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Race:Human
Appearance:6’4, 225 lbs, long, blonde hair and sky blue eyes.
https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0381/2 ... 369340.jpg

Position/Status/Affiliation: Arthur is a "Champion" of the goddess Aurora, which means he is blessed with special abilities that normal mortals do not possess. As one First Servant of the Dawn, Arthur is devoutly loyal to the goddess Aurora and leader of the order of The Scripture of the Morning Star. Arthur fought in the war against Achisia and helped defeat the servants of evil. During the war, he served as a commander of a portion of Velikiya’s armies during the War of the Seven Nations and was one of the Knights of Light who killed the Mage-Emperor and oen of the Seven Heroes who killed the seven traitorous knights. Currently, he is embroiled in the war of succession in Velikiya after his cousin, Krajl Wilhelm, died due to the Cults of Sin.

Skills/Powers//Magic: Arthur is a skilled warrior, having had almost 70 years of training and experience to his name. Arthur wields his sword Lightbringer, which can only be used by him. The sword’s blade is made of pure, blue light that only Arthur has the ability to conjure. The blade can rip through armor quite easily, and as a magical weapon harms creatures such as demons much more than any normal weapon (aside from a relic). The sword also helps him control his power and channel it, as it can sometimes be hard for Arthur to contain his mana and use it effectively.

Magic- Arthur is blessed with a powerful light magic unique to him as a Champion of Aurora, as he can use it to blind enemies, banish demons back to Hell, shield himself from magical attacks, and conjure white fire. Arthur also has a mastery over healing magics. Arthur’s mana reserves are enormous, though he is just limited to the magic which Aurora blesses him with.

Physical abilities- Arthur has enhanced strength and endurance, amplified with his wielding of Lightbringer. Arthur also seems to age at a glacial pace or not at all, which may be attributed to his wielding of his blessed sword or some other forces. He also has a rapid healing ability, though it doesn’t rebuild limbs or entire organs.
Equipment-
-The magical sword Lightbringer
-A very light yet durable set of steel plate armor
-A pack full of survival gear for life in the wilds

Personality: Arthur is a very charitable and chivalrous person, but also secretive. Arthur is a devout follower of Aurora, and claims that his devotion to her is what drives him to do good and pacify evil and darkness anywhere he can find it. This is both good and bad, as in his quest to destroy evil Arthur becomes blind to any innocents he harms in achieving his goals. Arthur also has a sense of superiority over the needs of others, however is still a compassionate person.
Moral Alignment: Good, though secretive
Biography: Arthur was born a noble of a prominent Velikiyan house,. He grew up learning how to govern and lead men, and to always regard Aurora as his favored goddess as his father was a veteran Knight of the Dawn. Arthur never knew who his mother was, and his father never told anyone either so it was just assumed that Arthur was just another bastard son. When he was 13, Arthur first picked up a sword and trained in combat and light magic by some of the best fighters and mages Velikiya could offer. When he was 23, Arthur had become head of his House upon his fathers’ death, which had come under some mysterious circumstances. After investigating further into his death, Arthur learned that a Knight of the Dawn had taken up the investigation of his father’s death as well. He learned from a bar keeper at a remote village that the knight had gone to a nearby ruin to investigate. The keeper said that the knight was in a rush, and seemed to be looking over his shoulder incessantly as if someone- or something- was following him.

As Arthur rode his steed to the ruin, he was overcome with a feeling of darkness and dread, and then he saw them. Three creatures stood over the battered body of the Knight of the Dawn, all three of them seething with dark power and flames licking all around them. Just as Arthur was about to run, all three daemons sensed his presence and closed in on the young noble. Arthur picked up the Knight’s sword near him, and prepared to face his fate. Arthur charged at the daemons, who in turn unsheathed their demonic weapons and swung at Arthur. The next memory that Arthur had was seeing the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, surrounded by a radiating light. She walked to him, and kissed his forehead.

Arthur then woke up, realizing he was wearing an intricately designed steel armor and felt power surging within his veins. As the daemons looked at Arthur dumbstruck, he realized that his blade had been broken by the daemons’ own weapons. As the daemons closed in on Arthur, he instinctively grabbed the sword’s hilt and was awed when he saw a blue flame appear once he held it. Just as he did this, he swung his blade at a blinding speed even the daemons couldn’t catch up with, decapitating all three of them on the spot. On that day, Arthur realized his true destiny, which was to be a Knight of the Dawn and eternal servant of Aurora, who he believes is who he saw in his “dream”. Ever since then, Arthur has gone on to become one of the greatest knights of his order, and has been serving as its head for almost 40 years. During the War of Seven Nations, he served under the Velikiyan army and was one of the Seven Heroes who ended the war. He is also rumored to have personally slew two of the traitorous knights himself, however that claim is disputed. Recently, Arthur has uncovered a plot to destabilize Velikiya into civil war and replace its leader with a Prince who allegedly has ties to the Cult of Sins.
Goals: To serve Aurora in any way he can; end the Velikiya’s civil war and fight the Cult of Sins
Theme Song:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2ylGAwBnk

RP Sample: Returning player
Did you read the Rules?: Yes
Miscellaneous:(If there is anything else you would want to add..)
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)
----------------------
There we go, been pretty excited for this!
Last edited by Zapatha on Tue May 01, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue May 01, 2018 5:16 pm

So just a quick question, are any of you guys in Arghyo in the IC?
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue May 01, 2018 5:36 pm

None of mine are.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue May 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Character Application

Name: Eric Antoine Roch de Villegagnon
Sexual Orientation: Hetero.
Race: Human.
Appearance: Image
1.84m tall and around 90 Kg.

Position/Status/Affiliation: A former brother of the Evening Star and the deserted heir to a noble title, Eric was once a supporter of the Ecclesiarchy, but no longer believes that the Church can help the world to evolve. Away from his siblings, Eric now is only affiliated to himself and to what he believes to be right, and to the friends and alliances he built in the time he spent in Kartara.

• Duke of Bellegard (Stripped of title, given to his brother)
  • Brother of the Order of the Scripture of the Evening Star (Exiled)
  • General of the Galdrsson Army

Skills/Powers//Magic:

His noble upbringing gave him an advantage. An eloquent man, he studied the particularities of war and the armies involved in it. Differently from his father, he was inducted into the Scripture of the Evening Star, with the knowledge acquired being put on practice as he developed his own means to hunt the targets of the Ecclesiarchy.

He is also a skilled horse rider, but the skill that differs him from the other warriors in the world is an exceptional talent in swordsmanship. Fighting against him is a task fitting to seasoned and careful warriors, because one mistake can be deadly to his foe. Other than his fighting skills, it should be noted that he is adept to the manipulation of a magical energy that manifests itself as a distinct white, bright flame. It can be molded into shields, imbued into his sword of act as a personal armor against magical attacks.
Equipment:

• Vowbreaker, previously known as Faith's Guardian, his personal sword. It is an enchanted sword, imbued with enchantments on the jewels that enhance Eric's white energy around the blade and allows it to return to the hand of his holder even if it is out of his reach. If needed, Eric can "lock" the sword's properties.
  • Armor and cloak. (see appearance)
  • A small kit of camping in case he needs to stop while he is traveling.
  • Some healing potions and herbs.

Personality: Eric developed a different personality than the one he had in the service of the Ecclesiarchy. Recognizing that closing himself would be giving the victory to the Inquisition, he fought against his trauma by becoming a more relaxed man, but without losing the focus on his goals. He will die before he keeps his opinions on the Inquisition to himself, and no one will cast him away again.
Moral Alignment: I don't know.
Biography:

Born to Duke Alain de Villegagnon and Duchess Henrietta de Villegagnon, Eric is the oldest of the four siblings that composed the nobility of the Duchy. The religiousness of the Duivenian Kingdom clearly expressed itself in the destiny of the child: As a result of a promise, he was bound to be inducted into a order of the Scripture, just like his father. However, unlike his father, he wasn't a brother of the Morning Star, becoming a sworn brother of the Scripture of the Evening Star instead.

Trained and inducted into the ways of the Ecclesiarchy, Eric was the exemplary noble of Duivene: A religious person, who did everything he could do to further the influence of the Church. Quickly, he became one of the most promising brothers in the Scriptures, due to his skill and personality. Even when the War of the Seven Nations came and he fought under the banner of the Duivenian unicorn against any kind of threat, he firmly believed that it would bring a better era. He prayed to Spraevia for his fallen comrades, and kept himself strong in his faith.

At least until something happened. While he was away at a camp, a woman came to him, asking for the help of a capable soldier about a threat she couldn't describe, a normal occurrence in such turbulent times. Eric went away, confident that he could handle the threat personally. As they walked away from the camp, Eric was trapped as the woman revealed herself to be a priestess of the Cult of the Sins, one that followed the Sin of Luxuria.

During three nights, he was the object of her cults to Luxuria. Fellow priestesses came and joined in the cult, until he managed to free himself, eventually escaping his captor before he was sacrificed. As he returned to the camp, he was perceived as someone who tried to desert the battle. Eventually accused of the sin of Sloth, he was put on trial. The accusation of Lust fell upon him when another soldier said he saw Eric going out of the camp with a woman that accompanied him.

The Inquisition acted quickly and promptly: He would be sentenced to death, as an example to be set about how the Sins were everywhere, even in the life of a man who grew up in the Church. As he was being taken to the capital of the Kingdom, he freed himself from the Inquisitors and fled. It would be the last time he was the brother Eric. From that point, he was just Eric.

From Duivene, he fled to Calaria, embarking on a boat and living under the protection of the Galdrsson, away from the eyes of the Inquisition. It was in his years away from the traditional views of the Ecclesiarchy that Eric developed a considerable part of the personality he has today. Initially he was held as a prisoner, before being accepted (with hesitation) by the people that lived in the island. It was during an attack of a rival clan that Eric solidified his position, as he defended his new home with the use of his set of skills. As the tensions rose up, Eric helped the clan's leader to organize his defenses and structure an army, with his interventions being considered a turning point at the feud. The foreigner eventually was considered a General in the Galdrsson's army, a title he still holds, even if it is a hard information to know around the continent.
Goals: After returning to Duivene, he wishes to see his family again and, if possible, regain his nobility title. However, after his meeting with Princess Alexis, he developed a certain interest for the Inquisition's secret plans and the current political situation of his home country.
Theme Song: If I find one, I'll put it here.

RP Sample: Returning player.
Did you read the Rules?: Yes.
Miscellaneous: Nope.
#KBE7TY2IEV
Last edited by Kingdom of Irhk on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nothing to see here, move along.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue May 01, 2018 8:12 pm

le tag, but I need to get my life schedule in order so an app may not be forthcoming for a bit.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue May 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:So just a quick question, are any of you guys in Arghyo in the IC?

None of mine as well I believe.
The GAmeTopians wrote:le tag, but I need to get my life schedule in order so an app may not be forthcoming for a bit.

Did you CTE or why are you missing your flag?

EDIT: Silly me, I should've just checked. Refounded 12 days ago. Welcome back.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Tue May 01, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 02, 2018 2:15 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:le tag, but I need to get my life schedule in order so an app may not be forthcoming for a bit.

Welcome back!
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Wed May 02, 2018 3:00 am

Here you go, Trace. Just like we discussed in the TG. ;)

Character Application

Name: Zeno (Full: Zeno Dionysus Eupator)
Sexual Orientation: Straight/Heterosexual
Race: Primordial Human (Thyrian)
Appearance: See Image

Position/Status/Affiliation: Lost and adrift along a single thread, along the several threads of a tapestry. The very fabric shifts and wavers, twisting and unraveling. Past and present and future intertwining, tangling, knotting as time and space distort. A noble son of Old Thyria phasing in and out of a dream. A lost mage of yesteryear on the cusp of awakening from a long and timeless slumber, ready to cross the gap between the worlds, into a new world unknown, yet familiar. A man without a country, without memory. A man who leapt through time.

Skills/Powers//Magic: Zeno is a mage of true antiquity from a past time forgot. Ancient is the blood that flows through his veins, and even more ancient is his magecraft, the pride of Old Thyria from whence it came. A prodigy in the arcane of his time, adept at both the magic of the Ancients and the more mundane Oath, yet a mere apprentice all the same, then a small fish in a sea of giants, but now more than a match for even the best mages of his race and beyond in this era.

• Thyrian Magecraft: His people invented the Magic of the Oath, which he directly inherited in its purest form, unchanged and undiluted with the passage of time, affording him a certain ease and clarity when it comes to spellcasting and incantations, chanted much more quickly and cleanly with less words, if not outright omissions, that result in faster, and more potent spells that greatly resemble Ancient Magic in effectiveness and appearance.
  • Magic Syncretism: White and black are but labels to Zeno. Magic is neither light or dark, virtue or sin, magic simply is. The modern division of the arcane into disparate and opposing halves is just another alien element of the distant future he now finds himself in. He prefers the holistic philosophy of his people, more cold and logical, less pearl clutching and value judgements, approaching white and black magic as simply two sides of the same coin, inseparable and interconnected as two equal halves of the same whole in a state of balance and equilibrium. This dualism has allowed him to blend white and dark magic into powerful, more diverse and syncretic spells that compliment the strengths of the two magics into more potent and powerful magecraft, while also granting him an innate resistance to the corrupting effects of dark spells, which are noticeably more pronounced in this era than that of his own time.
    • Alchemy: Plays a significant role in his research and experiments, from the the more mundane crafting of elixirs and item enchantment to the more complex and taboo aspects of the field such as the creation homunculi and other organic entities, usually with a considerable blood price. Tends to involve a mix both white and black magic.
    • Mana Drain: A crude, yet direct method of replenishing his own mana when depleted. Among the litany of darker arts he makes use of. Seldom used considering his sizeable reserves, at least in the past. His current circumstances might make him reconsider though.
  • Lost Magical Index: Try as he might, forgetfulness and abstraction were foreign concepts to him until now. Something or someone has hollowed out and stripped bare significant portions of his memory, a deliberate and surgical removal of all information relating to his homeland's final days and any factors that attributed to it that he might have known. Otherwise, a night impossibility considering his eidetic memory, a near perfect recorder of his surroundings and past experiences in great detail, no matter how little or small, technical or mundane. Prior to the Collapse, he had been chosen for specific purpose to serve as a living repository of spells and grimoires, a magical index of arcane knowledge long lost to time until now, the bulk of which are beyond his abilities and understanding to cast, mere indiscernible scribbles and symbols sealed away within the confines of his mind, protected by considerable mental shields. Consequently, there is no limit to things he could learn and remember by mere sight, and that applies to any spells he come across in the future.

As a result of his time displacement, his body was afforded no time to gradually adapt to the corrupted and foul state of modern mana, otherwise anathema to someone long accustomed to processing its cleaner and purer variant from the distant past. Plunged headlong into a sea rife with magical contamination, the initial tread through blackened waters will be taxing, uncomfortable and somewhat painful, the very consumption of mana comparable to drinking diluted poison, gradually worsened in a prolonged conflict. Until his body acclimates to his new environment sometime in the distant future, he will have to deal with a noticeable reduction of his standard reserves, and ration his spell casting accordingly at the increased risk of mana deficiency when pushed too far.

Equipment: Narry a thing save for the enchanted robes on his back and whatever he could carry with him at the time of displacement. Not much can survive the fabric of space time and the plane between worlds.

Personality: Cold and cunning. Arrogant and ambitious. Very much a product of his highborn upbringing, polished in both manner and speech with a flair for the dramatic, whether it be in oration or demeanor. Also a dedicated researcher and zealous mage with a keen mind and equally sharp tongue, who holds a different set of morals from a more advanced, yet cruel age of yore, considered somewhat warped by this era's standards, reflected in his lack of qualms about killing, otherwise just another tool at his disposal that he is neither particularly fond of or against, provided it be done with purpose and calculation. Abhors indulgence and hedonism, and despises chaos and arbitrary behavior, especially senseless violence and murder done out of sadistic pleasure.
Moral Alignment: Lawful Evil
Biography:

D̸͔̞̖̙͇̙̖̪́̆̽̿̄͠e̷̺̭̦͘͘s̵̨̭̑̐́̐̌̀̿͠t̶͍̙͕̭̲̰͚͗̏̈́̊̓͜͠i̵̧̨̱̫̜̳͇̟͍͛̅͜n̷͔̫͉̼̤̠̠͇̎ȃ̵̲̭͙͒͌̈́́͗̕t̵͚̖̍̈́͆̈́͝i̴̭͐͗͗̽͌͐͐͋ȍ̶̼̟͘͝͠ṇ̷̻̆́̏̈́̄͐͘ C̴̗͍̱̗̝̪̏̓̇͆͝o̵̯̓̒̀̍ǹ̷̨̯̦͚̭̔̇͜͠f̴̯̙͍̟͚͙͍̗̆̇͐͋͐̀ỉ̵͖́̈́̈́͋̔͠ȓ̵̞̣̞̭̘͌̽̓̽͝m̵̡̞̦̺̘̱͇͓̅͜e̶̡̧̥̝̼̦̜͊̃͌̈̍̈́̿́͠͝d̴̛̫̺͇̥̓́̄̊̌̕ T̶̛͕͔̝̗̙̿͋̑̽̈́̆̈́̆͝ŗ̸̺̟͍̯̲̮͍̰͕̀̎͠a̷̗̲͑̈́̏͝j̸͙͖̹̮͓̳͕͛̌̑̓̃̂͘ͅȩ̴̪̟̺̼̭̎̑̇̅́̌̎̀̕͘ć̴͓̘͚͗͑͌̾̌̓͋t̵̛̹̭̏́̏̅̊o̷͈̟͔̜͓͉̯̓̀̈̑̊͋̐͊͒ŗ̷̢̗̞͊̾̚͜ỳ̶̢̨̛̪̩̹̝̯̱̘̉̀͒͜ C̴̗͍̱̗̝̪̏̓̇͆͝o̵̯̓̒̀̍ǹ̷̨̯̦͚̭̔̇͜͠f̴̯̙͍̟͚͙͍̗̆̇͐͋͐̀ỉ̵͖́̈́̈́͋̔͠ȓ̵̞̣̞̭̘͌̽̓̽͝m̵̡̞̦̺̘̱͇͓̅͜e̶̡̧̥̝̼̦̜͊̃͌̈̍̈́̿́͠͝d̴̛̫̺͇̥̓́̄̊̌̕ A̶̗͖͈̞̯̣̥͐̏̋͛̆̉r̵̯̭̻͇͔̓̌̏̔͊̚͠r̴̨̻̭̠̦̝͔̤̀̓͘̚̕̕͝į̷̨̛̪̲̺̮̼͂̿͂̇ͅv̴̱̐̽̽ͅa̵̤͍̦̻̩̳̠̍͛͑̆͜͜͜l̴͎̎͑̑͗̈́͗͆͠ S̴̰̱̥̖͕̀̓͊͠ṱ̸̛͓̹̬̞̦͓̻̮͊̉̐a̵̢͔͇͐̓̆̌n̵͙͍͔̻͔̻͙͓͐͋̍̄̊̅͒͒͝͝d̵̢̢̲̟̽ḃ̴̢̭̹̗̘̳͖̜̄̆̽ÿ̶̨̺̠͓̦̼̭̫̅̓̉̑̂͠

Goals: Regain his lost memories. Uncover the truth behind the Blight. Rebuild Old Thyria anew if possible. Establish himself in this new world.
Theme Song: For the Damaged Coda - Piano

RP Sample: Reee
Did you read the Rules?: Yus.
Miscellaneous:

Character Application

Name: Carmilla Ruthven (Anogram: Mircalla Tepes Ruthven)
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Race: Vampire Pureblood (Strigoi)
Appearance: See Image

Position/Status/Affiliation: Carmilla is the Ninth Progenitor, among the very first her kindred to walk Lonriel. As an elder pureblood, she is considered a part of the aristocratic elite of the vampires, but otherwise feels no great solidarity with the rest of her peers, largely due to a mix of detachment and paranoia, as well as general opportunistic and self-serving behavior that rendered her an unreliable and dangerous ally. Had kept herself largely isolated over the past few centuries within her own petty kingdom hidden among the Velikiyan hinterlands, largely disconnected from both the affairs of the human world and the dwindling purebloods, save for sporadic raids into nearby human settlements to resupply her food source. Recently forced to reemerge after a sudden betrayal at the hands of a fellow progenitor, which led to the discovery and subsequent destruction of her holdings at after a swift, yet bloody siege.

Skills/Powers//Magic: Carmilla is the beginning of night and the end of day, the crimson moon made flesh. Hers is the blood of wroth and nightmare, the fury of nature and the fears of men from an age of looming darkness and huddled campfires, unholy patrimony made manifest and whole into monstrous and horrific offspring forged in the primordial age of chaos and budding civilization, born of the old blood, feared for their pure blood.
  • True Ancestor: Vampires the world over are but extensions of her flesh, the flesh of the Progenitors from which their origins can be traced as the true ancestors from whence they came, from which the power of the old blood was inherited and its purity tarnished, recycled, and diluted further and further with each successive iteration into progressively weaker successors. When there was but a few, but now a myriad prowl the land, most merely inferior extensions of the old blood, their supernatural strength, endurance, and speed, as well as their mastery of black magic, while impressive, but a pale imitation of their true ancestors.
  • Electric Princess: The Strigoi are unique existences even among the vampires. Due to their control of certain elemental magic, more commonly attributed to a corrupted alteration of black magic, some have speculated that the Progenitors are in fact reincarnated Elementals with more humanoid forms. Whatever the case may be, the Ninth among them is notorious for her particular brand of destructive and volatile black magic centered on the rapid and sustained discharge of electrical currents, which she can generate and manipulate at will in a myriad of malleable forms at increasing voltages, most commonly in the shape of great sweeping arcs and twisted serpentine claws of blinding azure light that can be unleashed more precisely from a single point of origin like a hand or more indiscriminately from any and all points of her body.
    • Elemental Transmutation: A variation of her electric abilities that transforms her body into pure electrical energy for a limited period of time. Expect sparks to fly in general whenever she changes into her various forms ranging from the more traditional bat to its more horrific and monstrous extremities.
    • Overachiever: Arranged in a hierarchy of power of strongest to weakest, eldest to youngest, her order of birth as the Ninth would place her in the latter group among the Progenitors, if not for the destructiveness and diverse applications of her element, as well as the size of her reserves, realistically placing her among the top four instead.
  • Walpurgis Night: When the sun sheds its dying light at dusk, and the three moons herald the coming of the night is when a vampire feels most at home, their dark powers more deadly and pronounced. Under the cover of darkness, let all fear the Progenitors most of all, those avatars of abyss and champions of Walpurgis.
    • Blood Moon: While already hard to kill during the day, and even harder at night, she is at the apex of her might during the night of the New Moon, nigh invulnerable to conventional weaponry and magic, developing significant resistance to even the traditional weaknesses that endanger her kind such as silver, fire, and holy relics.
  • Hypnosis: Entails the unrestricted mind control of vulnerable targets lacking the protection mental shields. An innate psychic ability to enthrall and bewitch mortal beings with a deliberate glance that allows her to alter perceptions by inducing hallucinations and imprinting illusions as well as total control of their actions if she so wishes.
Equipment: Never really carried weapons due to a lack of necessity. Prefers to zap her foes or gorge them with her claws. Dashing their brains across the ground and tearing out their throats with her fangs works too. She also chews her food by the way. Very messy. No table manners at all.

Personality: Cruel and aloof. Haughty and forceful. Calm and composed under most circumstances, but hostile when upset or frustrated, especially when challenged. Ruthless and somewhat sadistic towards her prey, not above teasing and playing with her 'food' for her amusement before delivering the finishing blow. Long considered crude and unrefined by what few purebloods remain due to her feeding habits and aggression in combat, more a glutton with the ravenous appetite of a lowly ghoul than a distinguished, ancient vampire.
Moral Alignment: Neutral Evil
Biography: Prior to her days as a former vampire queen on the run, Carmilla was once the steward of her own petty fiefdom hidden deep underground beneath the wild terrain of the Velikiyan hinterlands, far removed from the prying eyes of human civilization. Less a city and more her own personal sanctuary, the site nonetheless developed into a modest settlement that housed both her kind and the various other undead within her court, as well as a small population of humans comprised of blood chattel abducted from the outside, and voluntary wards seeking her protection. Known simply as the Necropolis, or Nekrograd according to her human subjects, the budding city held a special place in her undead heart, in so far as her subjects endured her usually relaxed, yet periodically cruel and arbitrary supervision over the city.

In hindsight, such a state of affairs was never meant to last. Nothing ever did from her experience. Empires rose and fell, men lived and died, time ebbed and flowed, and the very fires that birthed civilization had not even dance and flickered at the time of her birth when the very continent was still wild and untamed, consumed by the darkness of the night, then flooded with nations and humanity, united by the dream of empire, one empire fertile and unblemished one moment, then laid waste and ruined by Calamity the next. Years, decades, centuries, and millenia blurred together. One after another. A tale as old as time for someone possibly older than time itself.

Yet, she remained invested and found ways to keep herself occupied. Too many of her weaker willed brethren had since fallen victim to their immortality, embracing death instead of sheltering a healthy fear of it like she did, like any self-respecting vampire did. Even this most recent enterprise at kingdom building had started out as just another diversion to bide time and lick her wounds. Playing queen was preferable to getting her heart nearly ripped out after all, if her previously aborted attempts at accruing power among her pureblooded kindred was any indication. Trying to kill the First of the Progenitors amid the Strigoi's attempts to unify and forge an empire of vampires had been too premature, perhaps even one of her more overly ambitious and foolish ideas. Trying to end a large number of the other Progenitors at once through a botched magical ritual and declare herself the sole master of her race was just another.

A century long slumber and another few centuries of isolation from the world later, and the only things she had to show for it were the enmity of most of the other purebloods (who curse still curse her name to this day even after her supposed death) and the sad, if not twisted irony that she might inadvertently saved the Seven Realms from a sudden and potentially devastating vampiric invasion was not lost on her. Probably the reason why she had become much less political and more hedonistic over the years, if her constant binge eating were any indication.

As far as the world was concerned however, the Ninth Progenitor had died three centuries prior from disputed causes ranging from pureblood infighting to a fateful duel with a former Servant of Twilight (turned into a moderately popular folk song), which she intended to use her advantage upon her eventual resurgence. At least, that was her impression prior to the attack and fall of Necropolis at the hands of unknown assailants, made up of other vampires and undead, no doubt serving one of the Progenitors she wronged in the past.

Carmilla now finds herself driven from her lands and pursued by the attackers with her surviving subjects and retainers in tow. Her destination is a derelict fortress straddling the edge of the Blight, where she has been drawn to a magical anomaly tearing apart the skies above with an ominous green light.

Goals: Survive. Get Revenge. Rebuild Necropolis. Kill the First Progenitor.
Theme Song: Like a Vampire - Nightcore

RP Sample: Reee
Did you read the Rules?: Yus.
Miscellaneous:
Last edited by Axis Asteroid on Thu May 03, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 02, 2018 5:07 am

-0,008*x²+54=0,001*(0,0005*x⁴-10*x²+50000)

I can't believe that I botched this supereasy task when I was halfway through it just an hour or two ago...
My mind just blacked out when I looked at the time and I completely forgot about the easy solution.
Infuriating, really.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed May 02, 2018 6:45 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:-0,008*x²+54=0,001*(0,0005*x⁴-10*x²+50000)

I can't believe that I botched this supereasy task when I was halfway through it just an hour or two ago...
My mind just blacked out when I looked at the time and I completely forgot about the easy solution.
Infuriating, really.

I got a headache looking at that. Math was never my strong suit.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed May 02, 2018 7:01 am

Infuriating, really.

Did you mean:

-8x^2+54=5x^4-10x^2+50000

?

Or are those commas supposed to be periods? I forget if you Continental types understand the proper way to dictate decimals or not.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 02, 2018 7:04 am

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:

Infuriating, really.

Did you mean:

?

Or are those commas supposed to be periods? I forget if you Continental types understand the proper way to dictate decimals or not.

We use commas. And since we continentals have been around doing proper math longer than you new worlders, this is obviously the proper way.

Snobby Europoors. :lol2:

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed May 02, 2018 7:27 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Did you mean:

?

We use commas. And since we continentals have been around doing proper math longer than you new worlders, this is obviously the proper way.

But... wait... how do you tell between thousands and decimals then?

Like... what if I needed to tell you something was 45.002 or something, but wrote it 45,002.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 02, 2018 7:31 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:We use commas. And since we continentals have been around doing proper math longer than you new worlders, this is obviously the proper way.

But... wait... how do you tell between thousands and decimals then?

Like... what if I needed to tell you something was 45.002 or something, but wrote it 45,002.

We usually don't put anything between thousands. And if we do, its usually periods. I only do that on PC though. Handwritten I only use a comma to tell apart decimals and nothing more.

Basically we do the opposite of what you do, I think.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Wed May 02, 2018 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed May 02, 2018 8:07 am

Infuriating, really.

Get that math away from me.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed May 02, 2018 8:11 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:

Infuriating, really.

Math is heresy, and Mental Abuse To Humans

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 02, 2018 8:14 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:

*floods the thread with math*
:twisted:

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed May 02, 2018 8:17 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

*floods the thread with math*

*Floods the thread with the best subject ever, History*

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 02, 2018 8:19 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:*floods the thread with math*

Who needs history when you can have fantasy?

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 02, 2018 8:24 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:

*Thrac submits the history of Lonriel to his history teacher*

"This is my exam"
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Wed May 02, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed May 02, 2018 8:24 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:

*HISTORY STUDENT TRIGGERED.*

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 02, 2018 8:25 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Character Application

Name: Augustine de Velira, the fourth Lord of the estate of Velira
Race: Human
Appearance: (Image)
Height: 6'5 ft
Weight: 190lbs

Position/Status/Affiliation:Officially: A former general of the Empire of Achisia, now retired to his estate to live out what is left of his days in peace. Unofficially the leader of the Achisia Restoration Society, a pretty sounding name for an organization with one goal: the restoration of the Empire of Achisia and the driving out of the Council of Realms from their homeland. His affiliation with the group is a carefully kept secret and any public action the group takes seems to be charity aimed at the relief of their region from the damages the war caused and the rebuilding of their cities. Privately though they are gathering weapons and soldiers to throw the invaders out. His loyalty first and foremost is to Achisia.
Skills/Powers//Magic:
  • Father to his Men: He is capable of understanding the needs of soldiers under his command and can answer them, forming a bond with the soldiers under his command
  • Aged Master: In his youth he was an extremely skilled swordsman but in his advanced age he is not as skilled as he used to be, but is still formidable when it comes to his sword work
  • Former General - Empire of Achisia: Knows how to lead men into battle and plan campaigns
  • Defensive Master: His tactical ability truly shines when planning out and conducting defensive battles
  • White Magic - Strength: He knows some white magic that he uses to enhance his strength, he notes it comes in handy in his old age
  • White Magic - Speed: He knows some white magic that he uses to enhance his speed and reaction times, he notes it is useful for an old man like himself.
Equipment: He keeps a long sword mounted on the wall of his office that he can still use to protect himself but he does not favor it too much due to the weight and doesn't carry it on his person unless he needs it, but he never goes anywhere without his cane for protection. He wears a simple set of robes due to the fact most armor is too heavy for him to wear on a daily basis, he does keep a set of plate mail maintained just in case the need for it comes.

Personality: Despite his affiliation with the Empire and the seeing of his fair share atrocities he is not a horrible person, just bound by his oath of loyalty to the Emperor and having a deep love of his homeland, keeping a true lawful neutral disposition. Beyond that he has a brilliant tactical mind and has a deep love of his family and has a generally kind and honorable disposition but a sharp mind for politics. His loyalty to his empire, even after the war is what drives him in his restoration efforts, honestly believing that at the very least his homeland must be free from foreign occupation and rebuild itself. He absolutely detests necromancy and views it as an abomination but notes that pragmatically an army of the undead is useful and he couldn't just dismiss the usage of one during the war as he needed to win.
Moral Alignment: Lawful neutral

Biography: The Empire, for all its faults was all I have ever known. Even if it is evil it was my home that I was willing to die for, to turn a blind eye to the atrocities committed by it, to its darkness.
Born into a noble family in the old Achisia Empire Augustine de Velira was raised learning about the military, being constantly drilled by a demanding father in military affairs and most of his education revolved around the military, the sword, and court affairs. From childhood he showed a brilliance for both the sword and the military, though his father was disappointed that it seemed he was better with defensive fighting than offensive fighting. When he was 18 he married in an arranged marriage with another House in the Empire and he did love his wife dearly and had several children with her but he also loved the military and his country. His military mind and potential drew the eye of the Emperor and, being guided through military groups, he achieved the rank of general at the age of 30. This caused him to be a part of all the generals who spent time planning and preparing for the Empire's war with its neighbors over the decades. Despite the changes in the Empire's military structure (i.e. bringing in undead, necromancers, evil mages, etc.) he still saw the value of maintaining normal human forces to supplement the more dark parts of the Imperial military, noting cold hard steel is needed just as much as magic and shadows if one is to conduct a successful war and maintain the victory. Despite all of this he believed deeply that his Empire, despite its faults, was ultimately correct and if it achieved the destiny it deserved then it could be reformed away from the shadows, away from darkness. During all this time he also maintained his family, being noted as a loving father, grandfather, and great-grandfather by his children, grandchildren, and, eventually, great-grandchildren, also doing his best to keep them away from what he deemed to be the Empire's excesses.

The day before the war began the Emperor assembled his generals, he spoke of us about the superiority of Achisia, about how our greatness was on the horizon if we just reached for it, about the strength we were given by our great destiny and... and by the Shadows. We were stirred by his words and were willing to die at his command on that day had he bid it. It was that night I asked the Emperor for the honor of leading the first wave for the war that would bring the Empire to glory and he granted my wish... it was so childish in hindsight but that is how this old man felt on that day. Pride in serving my Empire.
Come the day of the start of the war, already a man of 73, he led his army, assigned to him by the Emperor, into battle against the neighboring nations, showing skill as a field commander and being one of those responsible for some of the Empire's early victories. His foes described him as a demon on the field with both command and personal skill with his sword but most at home in a defensive battle. An old man that couldn't be stopped thanks to the skill he had and the army at his disposal. And seeing the plans he worked on for decades being brought to fruition brought him deep satisfaction. After serving for three years in the war he retired, citing that his advanced age caused it to make more sense that someone younger take the reins from him. Some on the other side were relieved at this news.

If I may be so bold those last three years were the finest hour for myself and my men. We fought battle after battle, holding back armies twice our size. One could say the Empire didn't fall as quickly as it should have because of our sacrifices in the field. All for nothing thanks to the Emperor's madness.
A year later though, as the war began to turn against the Empire in earnest, he was recalled to active service by the Emperor and placed in command of an army where he oversaw some of the Empire's finest retreats, fighting and holding points that most would have thought long lost and leading long marches of retreat and even launching successful counterattacks, doing his best to win a war for an Emperor that he privately thought went mad. On the final day of the war he ordered the execution of the remaining necromancers in his army and sent his human soldiers home. After that he surrendered himself into custody. He was released due to advanced age and seemingly declining health and mental faculties.

Now I am nothing more than a warrior who time has forced to lay down his arms and rest in peace. I leave the running of my estate and many other things to my daughter and my great-grandchildren, who I have to keep from killing one another. That is what the Shadows can do to a family.
The destruction of the Empire he dedicated his life to and the death of his wife and a couple of his children has impacted his health greatly, both physically and mentally, but he does show signs of recovery. He lapses in and out of senility on occasion, sometimes believing himself to be answering to the Emperor, writing letters and field reports to him that his great-grandchildren dutifully burn and tell him they have been dispatched while his daughter watches over him. When he writes letters to his deceased wife they store them away. But when he is lucid, which is almost all the time, he displays a cunning and politically astute mind, one of his more lucid remarks about the old days being "If you wanted to get away with being any form of good or honorable in the old Empire and live you had to be good at politics and willing to bend even when every part of you said no". Showing a full awareness of the atrocities committed by the Empire but a willingness to do what he needed to do to survive and support his Empire. Keeping his support hidden he has been the model collaborator and is regarded by most, including in his underground organization, to have discarded the ideas of Achisia, accepting the Council's rule. All a facade he maintains so one day the homeland can be restored.

Religious faith to those we could call the good and just Gods was not too popular in court, me and my fellows had to meet in the shadows to honor our faith. It was something hard to hold onto in those dark days and many lost their lives for it. Not overtly mind you. No, mysterious illnesses, food poisoning, 'accidents', unexplained deaths, seemingly random murders... all were hazards we had to deal with. And those of us who survived, especially those of us who had to lead armies in the Emperor's name, found ourselves compromising our faith far too often. I think it amused the Emperor to watch us scurry around, trying to survive and maintain our faith. I still feel my failure to my Lady Cassia because of that war and I fear that my Lady Spraevia will find me unworthy when my judgment comes any day. For I failed both gravely.
He is a deeply religious man, abiding by faith in Goddesses Cassia and Spraevia and tries to use them to guide his life. Despite this faith though he does not have a positive opinion of The Ecclesiarchy, seeing the risk of falling to a similar darkness that took the Empire as a serious threat, seeing the corruption that plagues it as a violation of the faith, and even seeing it as an invader that must be driven out given its hold on former Imperial lands but he keeps his opinion to himself. If Achisia is to be restored it must be restored without the risk of another coalition invasion or upsetting the faith of the majority of the people.

Goals: When lucid: the restoration of the Empire or at least the liberation of the homeland from foreign occupation
When not lucid: the domination of the Empire at all costs
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JopFcOUbgtg

RP Sample: Where am I?
Miscellaneous:

Character Application

Name: Solomon de Velira
Appearance: (Image)
6'0 ft tall

Position/Status/Affiliation:Former noble from the Empire of Achisia, member of the Achisia Restoration Society
Skills/Powers//Magic:
  • Great-Grandson of Augustine de Velira: Being the great-grandson of General Augustine de Velira he was raised learning how to fight with the sword under his expert tutelage and thus he is very skilled with the sword, he also acquired an understanding of battlefield tactics.
  • Veteran of the War of the Seven Nations - Achisia: Serving in the Achisian Army under his great-grandfather means he can back up his sword training with actual experience and he knows what it is like to fight when pushed into a corner.
  • White Magic - Barrier Creation: Not much to say, he can use his magic to create barriers around himself and, at the cost of more mana, others.
  • White Magic - Healing: He is fairly apt at using healing magic and has practice form using said magic from the war.
Equipment: A sword given to him by his great-grandfather a set of armor with Achisia's symbols on them.

Personality: Despite him being a son of the Empire and his oath of loyalty to the Emperor back when he lived Solomon is a generous and magnanimous man. Polite and cunning, a patriot to his homeland. He is what could be called a good and honorable man and someone who would be more distinguished country gentry over someone who plays games at court. He possesses a deep love for his family and will always have that. Overall the perfect gentleman and noble, a patriot and a warrior. Someone that would not have been expected to be found in his fallen homeland. It is all a farce to cling to a fallen nation, to the dream of it and the dream of a better time
Moral Alignment: Lawful Good
Biography: Certainly the Empire was evil, anyone who fought for the Empire and does not acknowledge that is deluding themselves, but that does not mean it can't be reformed, that it can't be resurrected into a force of good and contribute good to our dark world. I have faith in Achisia.

Grandfather is a good and just man, a light in our lives, I believe with him at the helm good can be achieved in our fallen homeland
He was always looking forward to being old enough to join Augustine as a soldier under his command. He idealized and romanticized the idea of war. The war itself and the darkness in it shattered those feelings but he still fought on for his homeland as the fight turned into one on Achisia's soil.

My sister does not understand, autocratic rule like the old days can't be recreated, if Achisia is to rise again it cannot be as it was in the past. Those days are long gone. A new Achisia must be formed from the ashes of the old, but a stronger and better one.
After the end of the war Solomon took the fall harder than most, coming to the realization that his homeland was corrupt, that his Emperor had fallen, and that something new would have to be done for Achisia to regain her honor. That is why he advocates for a new Achisia, one free of the crimes of the past. One shaped to the ideals they had hoped the Emperor would embody, a return to the days the land was blessed by the light.

These days he frequently clashes with his elder sister even as they look out for their great-grandfather and maintain his estates. Despite that though they still have a love for each other and a sense of comradeship that comes from fighting in the war. He heads up security for the estate and ensures the guards are properly drilled.
Goals: The creation of an independent Achisia.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz7HtXQzF7g

RP Sample: All Charlia sees is Sherlock Holmes

Character Application

Name: Illania de Velira
Appearance:(Image)
5'11 ft tall

Position/Status/Affiliation: Former noble of the Empire of Achisia, member of the Achisia Restoration Society
Skills/Powers//Magic:
  • Great-granddaughter of Augustine de Velira: As the great-granddaughter of the Achisian General Augustine de Velira she learned how to use her magic on the battlefield to great effect while also inheriting the old general's ability to plan out strategies and campaigns. She also knows how to fight with a short sword and in hand to hand on Augustine's insistence.
  • Veteran of the War of the Seven Nations - Achisia: As a war veteran she knows her way around a battlefield, especially ones where the odds are stacked against her.
  • Black Magic - Fire: She possesses great talent when it comes to fire magic and uses it to great effect when in battle, having experience as a battlemage thanks to the war.
Equipment: A set of robes and a staff, the latter being the one she used in the war. A shortsword that she carries strapped to her waist too.

Personality: Illania is very much an autocrat, viewing the necessity of a ruling noble class over lesser classes as a matter of course and ultimately better for everyone. Her views of the Shadow is that it is a weapon that must be wielded carefully if it must be used at all. She respects and loves, and even idolizes, Augustine and loves her younger brother, even if she doesn't show it much. Like the aforementioned, she is absolutely dedicated to the restoration of Achisia.
Moral Alignment: Lawful Evil
Biography:Some might argue that the Empire was evil and that it is better that it is gone, but they are ultimately wrong, a structured and ordered Empire and society with all knowing their place... that is how greatness and peace are preserved. An Emperor at the top, the nobles supporting him, and them protecting and guiding the peasants. Such is the true order of nations.
The great-granddaughter of general Augustine de Velira, Illania de Velira had what could be considered a normal life for a noblewoman in Achisia but her Augustine saw to all aspects of her education as he did for much of her family. She found when she was young though to have a talent with fire magic so she worked on honing that instead of other martial studies but was still instilled with patriotism for her empire. As she grew up she grew to understand the positions of people in society, of the rights and privileges of the nobility but also their duties to lesser people.

Grandfather conducted great campaigns, led our forces into glorious battles and won victory after victory even though we were losing the war. How could we think anything besides the fact that he was one of the greatest military leaders to ever live?
She served in the war and fought with distinction as a battlemage, combined with her younger brother's skill as a warrior the pair were unrivaled on the field. The dominance of Achisia was always on her mind, and the victory of her Emperor. She never left her brother's side unless it was required and they worked together to bring victory to General de Velira.

My brother... well I do love him but he needs to stop kidding himself, the Empire will not be restored with niceties, only with violence. The restoration will demand war and violence and we must be willing to use any weapon or magic that we need to use if it helps us achieve the victory we need. He must understand no matter what. He has to if we are to have any hope at the restoration of our homeland. He has to...

She clashes frequently with her younger brother, arguing over the necessity of the restoration of the old order or following a new path. Needless to say she supports the old order. A new Empire built upon the old one and asserting its dominance over other countries. An Empire where the rights and powers of the nobility to rule over others is held sacrosanct.

Goals: The restoration of the Empire of Achisia to its former glory, the rise of House de Velira to great heights.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjRdRvYj3_s

RP Sample: All nations have an army but the Prussian Army had a nation.

Character Application

Name: Silvia de Velira
Appearance:(Image)
5'7 ft tall

Position/Status/Affiliation: Adoptive daughter of General Augustine de Velira (so technically Solomon and Illania's great-aunt despite being younger than them), member of the Achisian Restoration Society.
Skills/Powers//Magic:
  • Former Street Urchin: Her experience with living on the streets and stealing to survive means she has a talent for sneaking around or blending in while being quick on her feet.
  • Adoptive Daughter of General Augustine de Velira: As Augustine de Velira's adoptive daughter that he raised as his own she has some knowledge of military affairs and tactics as well as being passable when it comes to sword combat.
  • The General's Assassin: Where she shined during the war though was the art of spying and assassination, relying on what she learned as a child and honing it with other servants of the Emperor.
  • Veteran of the War of the Seven Nations - Achisia: While not seeing combat as much as her niece and nephew she knows her way around a battlefield and knows how to survive one
Equipment:
  • Various mementos from her time on the streets
  • Various knives and poisons for her work
  • A shortsword
  • Some sets of plain clothes
  • Leather armor

Personality: She is absolutely and fanatically loyal to her adoptive father, to such an extent Illania states that she almost worships the ground he walks on. She is ruthless in fighting her father's enemies and dealing with threats to him. Beyond that she is a polite enough girl and does have a nice streak, especially to orphans. She has rather low self-esteem due to not being of noble blood unlike her father and that she doesn't know all of the complexities of being a noble and it shows in her dealings with other nobles. She can pass for a noble to peasants but not to someone completely raised in nobility. But she has gotten good at pretending.
Moral Alignment: Doesn't have a true alignment, all things considered, she has no conscience, Augustine de Velira is her conscience.
Biography:
Father saved me from the streets. He saw a poor orphan girl, a small child, trying to survive and took her in. I owe him everything.
Silvia de Velira, the adoptive daughter of the great General Augustine de Velira. A girl who has no memories of her life before the streets, not even a name, her name being given to her by Augustine when he took her in 13 years ago. He would later say "I saw potential in her and something drew me to that girl in a way." He soon adopted her giving her his family's name and was actually happy to have a young daughter again. He taught how to act and behave like a noble and raised her himself. When the war broke out she accompanied him into the field and that was where she got her first kill when she killed an assassin who was there to claim her father's head.

I do not have the genius of you, Father, nor the brilliance of the sword and charisma that Solomon has, nor the skills of Illania when it comes to magic. So I do what I know to do to help you with your goals.
While her father (mostly) disapproves she takes upon herself the more seedy work of being an assassin and spy, offing her father's enemies as she deems needed. She does it out of obligation to him and because of a desire to be of use in the ways she knows how. This practice dates back to when she was 13 with her first kill of an enemy officer when she snuck into the opposing camp and delivered the local commander's head to her father's desk. Augustine was not truly happy with this development as it went against the concept of honorable war but he admitted that he needed every tool he could get as he knew he was fighting a losing war so he had to make use of her talents.

These days she accompanies her father on most trips and such that people who don't know she is his daughter at first think she is an attendant to the old general. Otherwise she just spends her time reading in the estate and ensuring it is clean.

Goals: Ensuring her father's goals come to pass, maintaining this home she found.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60LLKmpgzRM

RP Sample: A Bosnian terrorist walked into Sarajevo and, as a result, all intelligent people thought killing each other with machine guns and mustard gas was a swell idea.
Did you read the Rules?: Yes?
Miscellaneous:

All of them are accepted!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse