NATION

PASSWORD

1956 US Presidential Election (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Welcome back to the 1950s! A simpler time... a more (fill in unfortunate truth here) time... America's golden age. Do you have what it takes to lead America through the rest of the decade?

These are the days of the Dixiecrats and the Liberal Republicans, a time where the two parties were very different from how we know them today. Come one, come all: pick your side, and see if you can win the race to be Leader of the Free World!

OOC thread is here, please check that thread first before posting. Thank you for participating, and may the odds be ever in your favor (you're going to need it!)
Last edited by Bruke on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Strom Thurmond Campaign Announcement

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:30 am

Columbia, South Carolina
"Greetings my fellow American patriots. Our nation this great nation is being ridiculed and sabotaged both at home and abroad by supporters of big government and the forced integration of the negro into our swimming pools, schools and churches. I say no more America no more! It is because of these intolerable act by the current administration that I Strom Thurmond announce my candidacy for President of these United States of America. I now conclude with these words; a vote for Strom keeps America strong."

The announcement ends with thunderous applause and chants of "Thurmond now!"
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:31 pm

Hugo Black

Montgomery, Alabama

Greetings all.

It is my pleasure to announce, on the grounds of my home state, in one of the most beautiful and vibrant cities in all of America, that I will be running for the President of the United States of America. Of course, you may be wondering, you must win the Democratic Nomination first. To that I say, let's get that nomination then! Alabama is my home, the South is my home. I want my home to be filled with love, not fear. With courage, not terror, with togetherness, not segregation. You can count on me, Hugo Black, to be a first amendment absolutist! Freedom is the corner stone of this great nation, and I will defend it. As such, I support the right's of whites, and blacks, of yellows and in between. All of them deserve equal jurisdiction, and those who do not believe this, they are against the constitution of the United States of America.

It's time to pull ourselves back up, America. Eisenhower and his Republican administration have destroyed this nation. It's time to take it back. I am an ecstatic proponent of the New Deal. Our government can do better for you, they can serve the entire country, not a select handful. We need free school lunches, easy and cheap transportation, we need world-class infrastructure. Under a Hugo Black administration, the poor will become the middle-class and the working-class will live happily once again. Thank you for listening today Alabama. Vote 1 for Hugo Black!
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Provisional Niev
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Provisional Niev » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:08 am

Harriman campaign speech, New York State Executive Mansion, Albany, New York
Today I am announcing my candidacy for the Presidency of the United States.

I am running for this office because I believe we need bold leadership renewed in the White House, akin to the Democratic leadership I was proud to be apart of before, during and after the war. I am of the opinion that there has been far too little bipartisanship in this country and I stand firm in my hopes that the Republican and Democratic parties will find common ground again, to act on the many issues America is facing in this year, 1956.

In his last state of the union, my friend and former employer, President Harry S. Truman, proposed his Fair Deal to congress. This included commendable initiatives such as investments in education and universal health insurance. Seven years later, a congress dominated by opposition to fruitful reform has nothing to show for the American people. The poorest among us, decent hard-working Americans, many of whom reside in this great state of New York, struggle to provide for their children’s education and well-being. What land of the free are we if we cannot provide the means for others to pursue happiness, my dear friends?

In fact, a good friend of mine is attributed the quote, “healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have”, and that would be the great Winston Churchill whom I had the honor to work with in capacity of having been the late President Roosevelt’s envoy to the United Kingdom. While I cannot show for the American people a series of offices I have been elected to and a congressional record for that matter, I am the Governor of New York, and I have served the Presidents Roosevelt, Truman and Kennedy in many capacities, as a top diplomat in the Soviet Union, Britain and Iran, as a business and national security counsel and not too long ago, as your Secretary of Commerce.

Apart from my record, New Yorkers like yourselves know what I stand for. Much like many of my predecessors, including but not limited to Alfred Smith and both Presidents Roosevelt, I have devoted my efforts for progressive legislation in fiscally responsible budgets in this state of New York. As President, I will to the best of my ability make congress hear the little man and woman whose voices cannot be heard from the towns scattered across this nation, those that work in mines, that farm our fields and fish our lakes. In an age of technological developments urban dwellers cannot leave rural folk behind, only for inequalities to arise between small and big business or for conflicting identities to arise within America.

My candidacy promises to the American people that government will act on civil rights in the coming years, knowing that there is willingness of compromise among voters and elected officials alike. Too many Americans today do not experience the rights their citizenship should grant them, and sincerely, I think the President should be more vocal on this issue, whether it be the rights of black Americans or anyone else’s.

Finally, as we look upon the world we see Eastern Europe under the iron fist of communism, we see violent insurgencies around the globe and we see in America how neighbor turns on neighbor in fear of their political ideology. The war fought is the Cold war and it is not one easy to fight, and I do not criticize President Eisenhower when I say that bolder leadership is needed. What I am telling you, fellow New Yorkers or Americans from states afar, is that leadership with good judgement is not enough, but that we need decisive leadership on the international scale, where the President takes personal responsibility for waging the cold war with diplomacy and trade, and leadership which actively promotes the military advantage the United States should have over the powers it does not wish to fight, but would without reluctance should Americans be threatened. If you wish for peace, prepare for war, and with that old proverb I mean to say that I would as President do anything to improve the preparedness and strategic advantage of the United States, in order to prevent the war we fear from breaking out.

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:28 pm

Ike Isenhower Campaign Announcement at White House Press conference
Good Evening, my fellow Americans. We have made amazing progress in these 4 years. We have managed to come up with a compromise in the Korean War, we have continued the fight against the spread of communism, and much much more! So, that is why I formally announce my Candidacy for a Second Term as president of the United States of America. I feel like I have accomplished a lot in these 4 years, and I believe we can do more with another 4. Thank you.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

Provisional Niev
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Provisional Niev » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:04 am

Harriman campaign speech, Alco Products Headquarters, Schenectady, New York
Fellow Americans, business leaders, citizens of Schenectady. I address you today not only as the governor of New York, but as a candidate for President of the United States, hoping that the good people of this state will consider me of an office higher than the one you placed me in more than a year ago. Schenectady is an important town in this state, producer of goods transported across this nation and internationally. ALCO was a vital producer for the locomotives for Union Pacific, and while all of you may not have crossed the continents with those trains, my father Ned was and I am grateful to have had machinery of the quality that is produced here for our business ventures.

I intend to address the situation in which the American worker finds himself today, in 1956. Many members of my party criticize, nearly nine years after its enactment by congress, the Taft-Hartley act. I welcome any good approach to seek rebalancing of the relations between employers and employees, and I would consider taking the initiative of repealing it should there be willingness in congress to do so. For that to happen, we need comprehensive legislation that addresses the problem that is labor bosses without the worker’s best in mind, while simultaneously preventing greedy employers from taking advantage of the worker. Empowering the individual is the American way and so I would favor amending it.

I think the current administration has proven ineffective when it comes to addressing the issue of labor-relations, and so I encourage legislators and executives alike to join together for a compromise on the future of Taft-Hartley. Additionally, I would like to pledge my support for a larger Labor department budget, knowing that many federal regulations are not enforced in the capacity they should be. Alternatively, and this speaking as a former Secretary of Commerce, I would not be opposed to reuniting the Commerce and Labor departments, working for the interests of American workers, employers and employees together, in promoting trade abroad and the multi-levelled wellbeing of businesses domestically.

Radio commercial running in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut

Harriman reads: "My name is Averell Harriman and I am running for the office of President of the United States. The first and most important program I plan to enact as President is a Federal Highway Trust Fund, for investments in new highways running from coast to coast. That includes New England. From Portland to Providence, and from Burlington to Boston, citizens should be able to take their automobiles on proper roads, whether it be the father on his way to work, the mother on her way to the grocery store or the entire family on their way to a well-deserved vacation retreat."

A different voice reads: Vote Harriman for the democratic nomination for President!

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:53 pm

Eisenhower Campaign ad playing in all states
[Images of Esienhower and associates are shown as the words are said.]
“Eisenhower and the Republican Party have done amazing things for the country. They have contained thre threat of communism in foreign countries and has spread Capitalism to others. We also supported the Brown V. Board of Education decision of 1954. So when your being happy about your safety in the future. Remember, Good ol’ Ike was there. Vote Eisenhower, for Peace & Prosperity. Paid for by the Committee to Re-Elect Eisenhower for President.”

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Nationwide Thurmond Campaign Broadcast

Postby Greater Arab State » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:06 pm

"Good evening citizens of these United States. Our President Eisenhower has attempted to force the American people to share swimming pools, churches and pools with the negro. Under a Thurmond administration big government tyranny such as what is occurring at this present moment will be cast away from this nation and the policy of separate but equal will continue. A vote for Strom keeps America strong!"
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:27 pm

Dwight Eisenhower Campaign Rally in New York City, New York. Broadcast in all 48 States
“Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. Tonight, I have just gotten knowledge that Governor Strom Thurmond has just criticized my administration for helping to unite this great country of ours. Let me tell you this, Mr. Thurmond. A majority of the Democratic Candidates I can find some sort of policy we agree on. With Mr. Thurmond, I cannot find any policy we at all agree upon. So, any person who is voting Democratic. Don’t vote for Strom as a vote for Strom keeps America Wrong!”
[Roaring Applause as Ike goes down to greet members of the audience]

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:25 pm

Hugo Black

Speech at Miami, Florida

America needs something new. Not old. America needs something bold. Not bland. America needs a plan.

I am the only candidate on the Democratic Ticket that is wanting to send a message of hope and power to Washington D.C., the United States of America deserves a President like this. The South deserves a President like this. Florida deserves a President like this. I am a freedom-loving absolutist, and I will stand up for the right's of the blacks, the whites and the in-betweens. There is another candidate running in the South, with a despicable message that dangers our constitution. Strom Thurmond is brewing an ugly storm that must be defeated with the vote. He claims to represent the South of America, but yet flouts his racist ideals in our wonderful country. His campaign is based off the back of hatred, not persistence or desire. That is no platform to bring to America, that is a platform he should show Nazi Germany. Only there would he find applaud. If Florida wants to vote for a candidate that will stand-up for all Southerners, not only white, but black too, you must vote for Hugo Black. It is out determination to arrive at the polls to take victory in this election. Vote, vote, vote!

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:09 pm

Dwight D. Eisenhower Campaign ad airing in all states
[Jingle Plays]
Do you want a man that hates equal rights
Do you want a man who won’t turn up to fight
Do you want a man who hates unity
Or do you want a man who will fight for your rights
Because if you do, that man is Ike!
[Jingle ends]
Re-elect Eisenhower for president.
Last edited by Helowi on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Thurmond Campaign Rally Detroit, Michigan

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:15 pm

"I open by saying thank you to the good people of Detroit for their hospitality. Now it is obvious what President Eisenhower wants. He wants for the negro to be in our neighbourhoods and doorsteps under the guise of so called civil rights. Under a Thurmond administration big government will be shrunk to prevent something like this from happening again for the benefit of all Americans whether they be black or white. At this most crucial of times it is important to remember that a vote for Strom keeps America strong.

(Thurmond then goes down and shakes hands with supporters)
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Provisional Niev
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Provisional Niev » Tue May 01, 2018 2:41 am

Harriman campaign speech, Liberty bell center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for welcoming me to the city of Brotherly love. I would like to start my speech on a note I'd rather avoid but see as necessary considering the circumstances. This early on in the campaign I can sense candidates for the Presidency resorting to mudslinging at the lowest levels, calling each other names and appealing to voices that hurt our democracy. I will not point out anyone today, but I would like to publically ask both President Eisenhower and my party members to keep this campaign civil, for it is an office of great dignity we seek. Today I stand in the very city that gave birth to the democracy we cherish today, and I would like to extend my hopes to you that the campaign of 56' will be one we can remember as an example of the best that democracy can offer.

I think what Americans want to hear about are the issues this nation faces today, and the one I am going to talk about today is taxes. The top marginal tax rate remains above 90%, and while I believe men like myself who are born with privileges and make significant sums should contribute more than the average working man, I also believe the individual knows how to spend their money better than the government does, especially in peacetime. As President, I would always supervise a balanced budget, but should there be room for it, I believe income taxes from the bottom and up should be lower, because Americans find themselves in peacetime and to provide counter measures for federal government growing in size nearly uncontrollably.

On another note, I have heard much talking from both sides of the aisle on the issue of civil rights. Voters know where I stand. Since I supported the desegregation of the armed forces under President Truman I have firmly stated that desegregation is something the United States should aim for in other aspects. Many democrats disagree, especially those from the South, and I respect that. I promise them that all considerations will be taken, but that I as President would push for federal legislation expanding voting rights and desegregating federal agencies, starting with those where the so-called "Seperate but equal" policy has failed. I won't stand for people being treated differently because of the color of their skin or their religion. It is un-American and does not belong in the 1950s for sure!

TV commercial running in New York, Philadelphia and New Jersey
Film showing Metropolitan areas, Buildings being constructed, people going to work
My name is Averell Harriman, and I am the Governor of New York. I have served in business and politics for more than 40 years, and now, I am ready to bring that experience to a higher office. As President of the United States, I would support small businesses and work together with larger corporations, to create an economic climate providing jobs and homes for millions. This is a time where America can prosper, and America will. Vote for Harriman in the democratic primaries and bring the experience I provide into the White House.

Izonno
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 13, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Izonno » Sat May 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Henry M Jackson Presidential Announcement, Seattle WA

"Good Afternoon my fellow citizens, not all is rosy in our country as this administration has lead you to think. This administration failed to provide adequate support to the French Forces resisting the communist insurgency in the North. As a result we have given Red China and the Soviet Union a forward base to spread their totalitarianism into South East Asia. This Administration foreign policy marginalized the Republic of India a fellow democracy away from its natural allies into the embrace of the USSR.

This Administration has stood virtually silent allowing Senator McCarthy to discredit almost everyone of being a disloyal agent of terror. Allowing this playground bully to terrorize the rest of the kids. "

"I am running for President because I firmly believe that this administration has grown complacent with its own achievements in containing communism. I am running for President because certain individuals close to the President Eisenhower have abused their rights by destroying the dignity and credibility of people who's loyalty have been proven. "

"I am running for President because I believe that our ideals of freedom and equality are the greatest hope against the forces totalitarianism and privilege. "

"Thank you"

*Applause*

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon May 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Polls

Leads are in percentage points, and are used for comparison against the next strongest candidate in a state.

Small: 5 percent or less
Medium: 5 to 10 percent
Large: more than 10 percent

If state has no results, it means there is too little information for the voters to be properly surveyed.

Democratic Primary

Alabama: small Black lead
    Arizona:
    Arkansas: large Thurmond lead
    California: large Jackson lead
    Colorado: small Jackson lead
    Connecticut: large Harriman lead
    Delaware: small Harriman lead
    Florida: medium Thurmond lead
    Georgia: large Thurmond lead
    Idaho:
    Illinois: medium Harriman lead
    Indiana:
    Iowa:
    Kansas:
    Kentucky: medium Thurmond lead
    Louisiana: large Thurmond lead
    Maine: large Harriman lead
    Maryland: large Thurmond lead
    Massachusetts: large Harriman lead
    Michigan: medium Harriman lead
    Minnesota: medium Harriman lead
    Mississippi: large Thurmond lead
    Missouri: medium Thurmond lead
    Montana:
    Nebraska:
    Nevada: small Jackson lead
    New Hampshire: large Harriman lead
    New Jersey: large Harriman lead
    New Mexico: small Jackson lead
    New York: large Harriman lead
    North Carolina: large Thurmond lead
    North Dakota:
    Ohio: medium Harriman lead
    Oklahoma:
    Oregon: large Jackson lead
    Pennsylvania: large Harriman lead
    Rhode Island: large Harriman lead
    South Carolina: large Thurmond lead
    South Dakota:
    Tennessee: large Thurmond lead
    Texas: large Thurmond lead
    Utah:
    Vermont: large Harriman lead
    Virginia: large Thurmond lead
    Washington state: large Jackson lead
    West Virginia: medium Harriman lead
    Wisconsin: medium Harriman lead
    Wyoming:

Black is yellow
Harriman is blue-green
Jackson is purple
Thurmond is red

see above for rough percentages

Last edited by Bruke on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Thurmond Campaign Rally Hamilton, Alabama.

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon May 07, 2018 11:51 pm

"Good Evening hardworking people of Alabama. So I hear Hugo Black is attempting to attack me by comparing me to the Nazis. Let me tell you something. Whilst I was over in a Europe fighting Adolph's gang where was Hugo Black. I'll tell you were. He was supporting big government tyranny in the Supreme Court. He claims he is the candidate of the South but in reality he ain't nothing but another Republican puppet. Therefore if you care about our great nation. If you care about keeping America strong vote Strom!"

(Thunderous applause as Thurmond goes down and greets supporters.)
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Mon May 07, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue May 08, 2018 2:03 am

Hugo Black

Radio Broadcast in Florida, Alabama, Indiana, Iowa

When deciding President this election, think about your family.

Supreme Justice, Hugo Black, wishes to provide support for your family in the future. Help your family grow, prosper, and add to our community. Above all, Hugo Black understands America. He is a family man, and he understands how much a free school meal can help mum and dad.

Mum and Dad, vote for a candidate that will put your child first. Hugo Black wishes to provide schools with a better education, by expanding funding to create a future workforce for our nation. Hugo Black will put your child first no matter race or creed, a vote for Black means a vote for civil liberties.

Family First, says Hugo Black. Will you now put Hugo Black first on your ballot?

Vote 1 Hugo Black.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue May 08, 2018 2:14 am

Hugo Black

Wyoming Rally, Cheyenne

As a candidate running in the Primaries, I will give you my honest views:

PROTECT OUR CONSTITUTION.

I believe that our constitution is a marvel, and I will protect it with my very last breath. I have said it before, and I will say it again, I have a free-speech absolutist, I am a first-amendment absolutist. Join me, Wyoming, in taking this position to Washington. So far, I've been the only genuine candidate for the United States of America. Where is anyone else standing up for freedom of speech? Where is anyone else standing up for transparency?

I will restore transparency to the organs of government, to reduce corruption and save your tax dollars. Saving the people of Wyoming, Utah, Montana their hard-earned taxes from the dirty fingers of corruption and bad dealings. Say no to corruption, Wyoming, with a vote for me, Hugo Black. I will restore your faith in our democratic systems, and protect it from the looming threat of communism and bureaucratism.

This is by far, the most important election in America's history yet. There's the threat of invasion, from Communist Forces, there's the threat of Strom Thurmond and his fascist agenda. This is why you must vote this election. Vote for Hugo Black to stand-up to the communist threat with pride and defend our national interests. Vote for Hugo Black to stand-up to Strom Thurmond and his fascist thugs that wish to bring us back to the Confederate era.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Izonno
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 13, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Izonno » Tue May 08, 2018 6:34 am

Henry M Jackson Rally

Portland, Oregon

"Good Afternoon Portland! Thank you for coming out on this sunny day. I am humbled by the support I have received ever since this campaign was launched. I give the President and Congress credit for the economic growth we are experiencing. We need to spread the benefits of this growth to the backbone of the American economy. Whom I mean the small business and the consumer."

"Under a Jackson Administration we will work to lower income tax rates for the middle and lower class. We will build more roads, bridges and train tracks to lessen the time and cost it takes to deliver goods."

We will work with many people to build a business climate in America where everyone can benefit from the merits of free enterprise!"

"Thank you Portland!"

Provisional Niev
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Provisional Niev » Tue May 08, 2018 8:38 am

Harriman campaign speech, Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument, Public Square. Cleveland, Ohio
Clevelanders, Ladies and Gentlemen of the press, and maybe more appropriately, in regards to the speech I intend to make here today, our boys in the armed forces.

Of all my party members seeking the nomination for President of the United States I am the most experienced in foreign policy. If this was an age of isolationism, like the period before our entry into the Second World War, I would spend more time and effort emphasizing my business and cabinet experience on the campaign trail. But this is not an age of American isolationism. We have a responsibility on the world stage to stand up for our Democratic allies in the ongoing struggle against Communism, and believe me when I say that I recognize the threat from Moscow. Let me reassure you, the union man of the factory is not the enemy of America. He is the backbone of America. The writer critizing the politics in this country is not the enemy of America. He is simply using his right to freedom of speech. I have seen the enemy so many congressmen have referred to these past years, but that enemy is not hiding among us. The enemy is the Totalitarian and brutal government system of Soviet Union which threatens its neighbors with military power and engages in subversive action across the globe. During the war with Germany and Japan, I represented President Roosevelt in Moscow, at Yalta and Tehran, and met Joseph Stalin many times. It was with a sigh of relief I received the news of Stalin's death, because I knew that his goals of world domination would be harder to achieve now, but I do not trust any of the men in Moscow to concern themselves about our well-being.

Behind me is the Terminal Tower of Cleveland, the tallest building in this nation outside of New York City. It is a standing example of the architecture of the future America has pioneered and will pioneer in the future. I think it is an example of how we wage this war against the Soviet Union. With ingenuity and hard work, America will increase its infrastructure and further develop metropolitian strongholds like Cleveland, Americans themselves enjoying freedoms and prosperity in the process. The war fought in Korea was one of heroic showings from our Men in the military, but also one of failure in leadership. I am happy President Eisenhower resolved the war in a way acceptable to the American people, and I support the policy of staying out of military commitments, but we should recognize that there are many mistakes to learn from. Too many mothers, wives and children will not see their boys again and in the light of that statement, hear my promise that war always is the last option but that our military capacity must remain high as long as the Soviet Union threatens the United States in any way.

On another note, I would once again like to extend my wish to fellow party members that we should be able to run decent campaigns in this primary. I look back to the Democratic convention of 1924 and remember a catastrophic election result for our party. Let us not repeat 1924, and instead, let us unite to take back the White House this November!

Radio ad running in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois and Indiana

Harriman reads:"The Democratic Party has always been the friend of the common man. Today, government benefits towards businesses and corporations contribute greatly to the increase in economic potential of the United States, but the common man, the farmer that still relies on his land to feed his family, is left behind. Rural poverty remains an issue undealt with, and that is something I would adress as President. Subsidies to modern farm equipment, better rural schools and improved regional infrastructure are policies included among my top priorities. Power needs to be returned to local politicians who see and can resolve the issues politicians in Washington can't see."

Another voice reads:"Vote for Averell Harriman in the Democratic primaries, and help elect a candidate who'll have the back of the common man."

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Thurmond Campaign Rally, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Postby Greater Arab State » Thu May 31, 2018 6:38 pm

"Greetings people of Oklahoma. I'm here today to tell you that if I stand for increasing our defence budget in order to keep our nation free throug strength abroad. All the other candidates for this democratic primary seek to increase big government tyranny through forcing American communities to intergrate with the negro. A policy which is dangerous and irrational. If you want to keep the government out of where it don't belong and if you want to make being American something to be proud of once more then remember a vote for Strom keeps America strong!"

(Thurmond then proceeds to walk off stage and greet supporters.)
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Thu May 31, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:25 pm

Polls

Leads are in percentage points, and are used for comparison against the next strongest candidate(s) in a state.

Small: 5 percent or less
Medium: 5 to 10 percent
Large: more than 10 percent

If state has no results, it means there is too little information for the voters to be properly surveyed.

NOTE: I forgot to update this in the earlier map, but DC didn't get electoral votes until 1961 (23rd Amendment). I'll color it in black from now on to reflect this.

Democratic Primary

Alabama: too close to call (Black/Thurmond)
    Arizona:
    Arkansas: large Thurmond lead
    California: large Jackson lead
    Colorado: small Jackson lead
    Connecticut: large Harriman lead
    Delaware: small Harriman lead
    Florida: medium Thurmond lead
    Georgia: large Thurmond lead
    Idaho:
    Illinois: medium Harriman lead
    Indiana: small Harriman lead
    Iowa: small Harriman lead
    Kansas:
    Kentucky: medium Thurmond lead
    Louisiana: large Thurmond lead
    Maine: large Harriman lead
    Maryland: large Thurmond lead
    Massachusetts: large Harriman lead
    Michigan: medium Harriman lead
    Minnesota: medium Harriman lead
    Mississippi: large Thurmond lead
    Missouri: medium Thurmond lead
    Montana:
    Nebraska:
    Nevada: Jackson lead
    New Hampshire: large Harriman lead
    New Jersey: large Harriman lead
    New Mexico: Jackson lead
    New York: large Harriman lead
    North Carolina: large Thurmond lead
    North Dakota:
    Ohio: medium Harriman lead
    Oklahoma: medium Thurmond lead
    Oregon: large Jackson lead
    Pennsylvania: large Harriman lead
    Rhode Island: large Harriman lead
    South Carolina: large Thurmond lead
    South Dakota:
    Tennessee: large Thurmond lead
    Texas: large Thurmond lead
    Utah:
    Vermont: large Harriman lead
    Virginia: large Thurmond lead
    Washington state: large Jackson lead
    West Virginia: medium Harriman lead
    Wisconsin: medium Harriman lead
    Wyoming: small Black lead

Black is yellow
Harriman is blue-green
Jackson is purple
Thurmond is red

states with stripes on them are too close to call

see above for rough percentages

Last edited by Bruke on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:05 pm

Hugo Black

Television broadcast in Alabama and Florida

I've lived in the South since birth, and for sure, I'm the only Democratic Candidate that truly represents the South.

I live close to you, in Alabama. I understand the struggles of life, the poverty, the funding, the education, we need to breathe new life into the South. I'm Hugo Black, and I offer you something more than racial baiting and racial politics.

A video of him shaking hands with Southern farmers, students and workers begins to play.

So, I offer you, the people of America, agricultural subsidies to ALL farmer's.
I offer you better funded education, with more books and resources.
I offer you better working conditions, and increasing the minimum wage for your household.

We Southerners stand-up for each other, so I'll always be there to stand up for you.
Vote 1 Hugo Black to vote with a difference.

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:18 pm

Hugo Black
Radio Ad. in North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska

VOTE 1 HUGO BLACK

An old man's voice echoes on the Radio Message: "I'm voting for Hugo Black because he understands us and our issues. The elderly need all the help we can get, and so when Mr. Black announced he will increase social security funding for the elderly, I was indeed thrilled. That's why I am voting for a difference this primary election.

A voice of a middle aged man appeared on the signal, his voice was rusky: "As far as I've known, the real people of this country, the farmers, they are being downtrodden by the cabal of thieves known as politicians in Washington DC. Agricultural subsidies will greatly benefit me and my family. I'm saying thank you, Mr. Black, thank you for your candidacy."

Finally, a woman's voice was heard: "Hugo Black has been the only Democratic Candidate calling for the protection of the American people from the threat of communism! This election is a matter of national security, to prevent our people being enslaved by the socialist tyrants in Russia. Hugo Black's been standing up for our country, and our freedoms. That's why he has my vote.

VOTE 1 HUGO BLACK
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse