NATION

PASSWORD

The War Room - Dr. Strangelove IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:38 am

SUEZ CRISIS ESCALATES!

Sometime around midnight, a Greek container ship off the coast of Egypt been ordered to halt by a squadron of unidentified warships. The captain of the commercial vessel refused to cooperate, several warning shots were fired to no avail. Instead the vessel headed full speed towards the Suez canal where it sought refuge. However, the entrance to the canal was also barred by a makeshift blockade of tugs and support vessels. Poor weather conditions left the merchant ship's crew unaware of this fact and the 200 meter long vessel rammed straight into the blockade.

The following tremors and explosions alerted the local coast guard. Fearing an imminent attack, Coalition coast guard opened fire on the approaching vessels. The as of yet unidentified warships retreated shortly after, but the container ship was destroyed at the canal's entrance. The nearby British garrison also soon joined the fray. The fighting continued throughout the night, resulting in a chaotic battle costed hundreds of lives and caused serious damage to the canal's infrastructure, rendering it inoperable.

Fighting ceased around dawn, as all sides slowly came to their senses.

At press time, It is still unclear who put has established the blockade around the canal, or why the warships intended to stop a commercial vessel on international waters. According to our analysts, piracy of this scale is unimaginable on the Mediterranean, and believe that 2 of the 3 superpowers involved have purposefully chosen to escalate the crisis.

According to estimates, the removal of the sunken vessels from the canal could take weeks, if not months. Europe's petroleum reserves cannot last that long, and without the suez canal, intercontinental trade could grind to a halt. The London Stock Exchange today opened with a 2.5% drop, New York and Paris is also in the negative. Already this morning, several miles of tankers and cargo ships have lined up at both entrances to the canal, awaiting permission to enter.

Max Rogers reporting from Cairo for The Globe
December 2nd, 1962
Last edited by Harkback Union on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:40 am

DEFCON LEVEL DROPS TO 3

December 2nd, 1962

The first armed exchange between 2 superpowers, combined with the imminent meltdown of the financial markets have dramatically increased global tensions!

Effects: All future crisis has at least 5 superpowers involved at a minimum.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:21 am

Beirut, December 2nd
Admiral Giuseppe Palermu

Giuseppe sat aboard the flagship SNS Naples, watching as the destroyer fleet patrolling around the coast of Lebanon as Sicilian special forces were put on high alert in the area. With massive fighting breaking out over night in the Canal Zone, Sicilian Military activated plan Theta and seized control of all sicilian owned assets in the area, as well as establishing a blockade for the safety of the Levantine area. Though there had not been actual fighting yet, Sicilian forces remained in control of Beirut itself, seizing all police firearms and evacuating all Coalition officials in the city to Cyprus for their own safety. The whole move has been publically broadcasted as a move to secure the safety and security of an area in which Sicily holds many prime economic intrests and cannot risk with the Coalition being so unstable.

Tehran
Jhmwr Abdullah Gilani

The President of Iran sat in his office, pacing back and forth. From his briefings on the matter, it appeared that the Suez had been broken, which was bad. Very bad. Much of his country's economy relied on the Oil Trade and without it the land could very much fall into chaos. Suddenly, a blue phone sprang to life on his desk. Normally the phone represented the direct line to Syracuse, but thanks to new advances it merely meant the Emperor is calling. Picking it up, Abdullah heard "Please hold for his Excellency." A moment later the Emperor's familiar voice was heard in the headset saying "Abdullah, how are you?"

Abdullah sighed and said in Sicilian "Not good your Excellency. I trust you have heard about the Suez?"

The voice on the line said "Indeed I have, but not to worry, this means excellent buisness for us!"

Abdullah raised an eyebrow and asked "How so?"

Giliu's voice came clear "I trust you remember Veloce project?"

Abdullah said "Indeed I do, but I fail to see how a highway helps me here."

Giliu said "A militarily enforced highway. One that can be cleared at a moments notice at my command, to allow your oil trucks a direct line from Tehran to Istanbul and into the Mediterreanean. Why, you would have a monopoly."

Abdullah's eyes widened when he realized what Giliu was suggesting, before saying "Mashallah your Excellency. Yet another debt all Iranians owe you."

Giliu merely said "My pleasure Abdullah. What benefits you benefits me as well. Our oil will keep the world running."

The War Room
Emperor Giliu

The Emperor sat down in his delegated chair, bags under his eyes after a long night of political moves and military action. Setting his things down, he began to prepare his materials for the day, including arguing for an instant hand over of the Canal Zone to UN hands and a ceasefire in the area to ensure healthy repair of the global economy, while also sharing that he was offering a new way for others to obtain their oil.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:27 am

“If any of you had sided with me, this blockade wouldn’t have happened.” Sigri says, quite irate. “I said the canal would be blockaded without a nuclear threat, didn’t I? You’ve all left Icy Greenland with no choice! I know my good friends at the Greater British Empire would never do something like this, so it must have been… The Arab Republic and the Cairo Coalition! How could you?” Without waiting for a response, the Archpriestess picks up the phone and makes a call back to Icy Greenland. Sigri babbles a few Icelandic words, clearly a code of some sort. It was mostly incomprehensible, but the word ‘Cairo’ was clear.

Over in Icy Greenland, the orders were given to launch a nuclear missile at the city of Cairo. Just like every other superpower, there was already a missile aimed right there. The scientists and engineers present at the silo had no idea what the reasoning for this launch was, only that it was ordered. The man in charge of the silo was understandably confused, but he simply shrugged his shoulders and pressed the big red button. He had had a long day, and didn’t have the energy to protest. The missile was fired, and nothing short of a missile defense system could stop if now. God could also stop it, but that seemed less likely.

Icy Greenland launches nuclear missile at Cairo, Cairo Coalition
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:49 am

WORLD FAIR AT SEATTLE!

Despite the turbulent political situation of Europe and the Middle east, 1962 World Fair has opened its gates today in Seattle. The futuristic winter wonderland experienced several months of delay due to the overly ambitious plans put in place.

The American Empire has only invited 4 other superpowers to the fair, having too many superpowers present at the same time might make Seattle a hub of espionage. Not to mention the valuable marvels of technology on display.

One such device is a prototype Fallout mop, a revolutionary device that soaks up radioactive matter and converts it into stable elements whilst also generating useful energy to power the device. Its inventors fear that in the wrong hands, it might be put to evil use.

The American Empire must invite 4 other superpowers to the fair, each will be involved in the Seattle Crisis.

Participants may choose to do one of the following:

- Spark/Escalate a crisis by attempting to steal technology from the fair to be used for a secret project. Remember, doing so can result in an increase in defcon levels!

- De-Escalate the crisis by playing fair and not spying on the others, and also boosting security on the fair.

Potential Outcomes:

- If Escalating exceeds or is equal to de-escalating, Defcon increases by 1. Escalating superpowers will be able to steal valuable technology that will grant them a new secret operation.

- If De-Escalating exceeds escalating, Defcon drops by 1 and the united states gains a 4th key city: Seattle. None of the Escalating superpowers will gain valuable technology and they will also be revealed.

was reportedly stolen from its pavilion the night before the opening. The inventors fear that in the wrong hands, the device could also be used to generate radioactive fallout from regular matter and hope that local authorities will find the thieves
Last edited by Harkback Union on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:00 am

Emperor Napoleon VI, War Room

Emperor Napoleon VI only let out a small sigh and shook his head. Of course people had to be stupid, to escalate the situation, and now the Icelandics had gone and fired off a nuclear warhead at Cairo.

"I shall make my view on this matter quite clear." He spoke, ignoring the ringing of his telephone. No doubt his Chancellor complaining about the financial meltdown from the result of the Suez Crisis. "Of the three powers involved in the Suez Crisis, one is almost certainly a member of E.V.I.L. Only a member of that organisation would be willing to escalate such a crisis. Of course, two powers escalated, which means the other nation is either the good Doctor or a simple greedy buffoon of a leader. Regardless. Firstly, I propose we do not retaliate to the gross stupidity of the Greenlanders. Launching a multi-lateral nuclear strike against them only assists E.V.I.L and the good Dr himself by pushing us further towards global destruction. Of course, if the Greenlanders wish to abort their launch or whatever, that would be most appreciated."
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:26 am

Sigri turns to Napoleon, who clearly is opposed to Sigri’s decision to destroy Cairo. “The launch will not be aborted, Emperor. For the Cairo Coalition’s crimes of blockading the Suez, for their greed, for their disrespect, Cairo must pay the ultimate price. God will forgive the Cairo Coalition for their crimes, but I will not. I do appreciate your decision to not retaliate against us, even if you do not agree with my decision.”

The archpriestess turns her attention back to the rest of the room. “Now, back to the situation at hand: the world fair. Obviously, we cannot invite any of the folk involved in the Suez Crisis, since at least 2 of them cannot be trusted. Icy Greenland, on the other hand, is known to be vehemently against theft, and can surely be trusted. What do you think, King-Emperor Pensk? Can you trust us?”

The United Artherian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2017

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:41 am

Pensk turns to Sirgi, looking at her with judging eyes, thinking about her comments about how they were against theft.
"I will have to think on it." he responds, then turning to Sarausa, Napoléon and Pareja he speaks.
"Napoléon, Sarausa, Pareja, would you three be interested in joining us in this fair?" He asks, procuring three invites from his bag, holding them in his hand, waiting for their answer.
Last edited by The United Artherian Federation on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twice sigbanned, once scared of the wrath of the forum mods.
On this index, my military is a 10-10-7.
Raider, military coniessour, God's slowest writer.

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:53 am

Emperor Giliu

The Sicilian Emperor scratched his beard for a moment in though before saying "I would be glad to participate. I shall send some of my finest scientists to discuss their recent relevations in nuclear physics." Giliu gestured for a page to relay his orders home to Syracuse. Several hours later the Sicilian Scientific Delegation along with sever elite members of the Sicilian Spec Ops as their guards touched down in Seattle.

Ambassador

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:54 am

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Emperor Giliu

The Sicilian Emperor scratched his beard for a moment in though before saying "I would be glad to participate. I shall send some of my finest scientists to discuss their recent relevations in nuclear physics." Giliu gestured for a page to relay his orders home to Syracuse. Several hours later the Sicilian Scientific Delegation along with sever elite members of the Sicilian Spec Ops as their guards touched down in Seattle.

"Grand." He responded, now handing him the invite card.
Now he waited for the other two.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:06 am

Emperor Napoleon VI, War Room

"I see no reason why not to, oui?" Napoleon VI nodded his assent. "With the situation in Suez having caused the Bourse to begin a downward, I feel that it will be most beneficial to demonstrate the Empire's most recent technological advancements and thus restore the Bourse's confidence in the global economy. Furthermore, it will be quite a boost to the Empire's own prestige at the end of this entire little debacle."

He grabbed his phone and swiftly dialed in a number, speaking extremely quickly in French before slamming the phone down with a satisfied smile. "The Université de Paris and the Imperial Army have both confirmed they will be able to send a delegation and security for said delegation, they shall be departing for Seattle with all haste."
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Ambassador

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:08 am

Lunas Legion wrote:Emperor Napoleon VI, War Room

"I see no reason why not to, oui?" Napoleon VI nodded his assent. "With the situation in Suez having caused the Bourse to begin a downward, I feel that it will be most beneficial to demonstrate the Empire's most recent technological advancements and thus restore the Bourse's confidence in the global economy. Furthermore, it will be quite a boost to the Empire's own prestige at the end of this entire little debacle."

He grabbed his phone and swiftly dialed in a number, speaking extremely quickly in French before slamming the phone down with a satisfied smile. "The Université de Paris and the Imperial Army have both confirmed they will be able to send a delegation and security for said delegation, they shall be departing for Seattle with all haste."

Pensk looked over to Napoleon, and then said, "Parfait, voici votre invitation." before handing him his invite.
Last edited by The United Artherian Federation on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:34 am

Emperor Giliu

The Emperor recievied a small piece of paper from an aid, read it, nodded and spoke up again saying "Very well, I will issue this Doctrine. Should Icey Greenland not retreat from their current course of action, then we will be forced to show them equal force in kind. At this moment I have a nuclear weapon prepared to fire at Nuuk, and will do so if they do not divert their course."

Sicily shall fire a Nuke at Nuuk, Icey Greenland should they not divert their current course of action before tommorrow.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:07 pm

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Emperor Giliu

The Emperor recievied a small piece of paper from an aid, read it, nodded and spoke up again saying "Very well, I will issue this Doctrine. Should Icey Greenland not retreat from their current course of action, then we will be forced to show them equal force in kind. At this moment I have a nuclear weapon prepared to fire at Nuuk, and will do so if they do not divert their course."

Sicily shall fire a Nuke at Nuuk, Icey Greenland should they not divert their current course of action before tommorrow.

Sigri paused for a moment. A nuclear weapon fired at Nuuk would be quite problematic for her glorious superpower. However, is saving Nuuk truly worth letting the Cairo Coalition get away scot-free? The answer is clear: if their deaths mean future superpowers will be discouraged from escalating crises, it will be worth it. Their sacrifice could save millions of lives around the world. It would also show the world that Icy Greenland does not negotiate with those that threaten her.

Sigri turns her attention back to the American. “King-Emperor Pensk? You know that, if invited, I won’t be stealing from the world fair because I’ll be too busy launching a retaliatory strike against Athens.”

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:37 pm

The U.N war room
The Foreign minister was shocked by the news that the Suez had been all but destroyed, it was an utter travesty that one of the various powers involved in the crises had decided that the conflict required such drastic escalation however what was done was done and Britain did have other ways of getting to their Indian colonies, they would have to now rely on trade routes that hadn't been used since the creation of the Suez canal however there control over South Africa ensured that the trip around Africa would'nt be too punishing upon their ships.

Yet there was an issue yet more pressing than the one that concerned trade, it appeared that Greenland and Scilly were about to launch a nuclear holocaust upon one another an action that would play straight into the hands of the nefarious Dr Strangelove, this upcoming apocalypse could be prevented if the Greenlandic aborted their nuking of Cairo, so now the empire must defend those who they once saw as mortal enemies only a day. " Miss Sigri please there is more than one way to get revenge against the people the Cairo coalition" the foreign minister started "For example international sanctions would cripple their economy and would deliver a blow as great as any nuke, if you commit to your nuclear strike then the British empire will be forced to take action against you in the form of a retalitory nuclear strike." The foreign minister then proceeded to turn to the emperor of the Sicilians and began to speak once more " And do not think that the British empire will not taget Syracuse if you do not back down from your threat if the Greenlandic back down from there's, after all it is in the interests of all of us that the world not be brought any closer towards destruction." With that the foreign minister concluded his speech and looked around seeing if he could spot the soulless glare of Strangelove's automata.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:58 pm

The British minister pleaded that the UN would let his country keep the control over the Suez canal, but Lucia agreed more with the Tsar. Communists or not, an international mandate would be the best for now, and she was just about to raise her hand and say "Aye", when the news suddenly reached them all that the crisis had escalated. Drastically so even, because the Icy Greenlander was still determined to launch a nuclear attack on Cairo, in an act of cold retaliation. Giliu threatened her to nuke Nuuk if she didn't change her mind, but she didn't. Instead she promised to nuke Athens in turn, if it came to that. And Britain was prepared to nuke them both.

Sister Lucia was unsure what to do. For the moment, Jerusalem wasn't immediately threatened, so maybe it would be best to stay out of it and not endanger Rome? Without knowing who was E.V.I.L., it might after all be better to tend to tend to one's own flock, she thought, but still decided to call her boss. He had given her a warrant to do whatever she saw fit or necessary, but this was to big for her. She needed advice.

The Pope picked up the phone almost immediately, and a conversation in Latin ensued. Leo's response surprised her, to say the least. Almost in disbelief, she looked over to king-emperor Nathan Pensk.

"Your majesty... I have His Holiness on the line here, and he's curious weather he and his buddy Cardinal Sinn also can come to the Seatlle fair. He wants to know as soon as possible."
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Ambassador

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Barapam wrote:The British minister pleaded that the UN would let his country keep the control over the Suez canal, but Lucia agreed more with the Tsar. Communists or not, an international mandate would be the best for now, and she was just about to raise her hand and say "Aye", when the news suddenly reached them all that the crisis had escalated. Drastically so even, because the Icy Greenlander was still determined to launch a nuclear attack on Cairo, in an act of cold retaliation. Giliu threatened her to nuke Nuuk if she didn't change her mind, but she didn't. Instead she promised to nuke Athens in turn, if it came to that. And Britain was prepared to nuke them both.

Sister Lucia was unsure what to do. For the moment, Jerusalem wasn't immediately threatened, so maybe it would be best to stay out of it and not endanger Rome? Without knowing who was E.V.I.L., it might after all be better to tend to tend to one's own flock, she thought, but still decided to call her boss. He had given her a warrant to do whatever she saw fit or necessary, but this was to big for her. She needed advice.

The Pope picked up the phone almost immediately, and a conversation in Latin ensued. Leo's response surprised her, to say the least. Almost in disbelief, she looked over to king-emperor Nathan Pensk.

"Your majesty... I have His Holiness on the line here, and he's curious weather he and his buddy Cardinal Sinn also can come to the Seatlle fair. He wants to know as soon as possible."

Pensk chuckled when she said "Cardinal Sinn", thinking that it was ironic that this man forgave people for their sins but whose last name was Sinn.
He responded after a moment of thought. "Well, why not. It would be an honor to have His Holiness in the Empire." He handed her an invite, now waiting for the final response from the final invitee.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Labstoska wrote:The U.N war room
The Foreign minister was shocked by the news that the Suez had been all but destroyed, it was an utter travesty that one of the various powers involved in the crises had decided that the conflict required such drastic escalation however what was done was done and Britain did have other ways of getting to their Indian colonies, they would have to now rely on trade routes that hadn't been used since the creation of the Suez canal however there control over South Africa ensured that the trip around Africa would'nt be too punishing upon their ships.

Yet there was an issue yet more pressing than the one that concerned trade, it appeared that Greenland and Scilly were about to launch a nuclear holocaust upon one another an action that would play straight into the hands of the nefarious Dr Strangelove, this upcoming apocalypse could be prevented if the Greenlandic aborted their nuking of Cairo, so now the empire must defend those who they once saw as mortal enemies only a day. " Miss Sigri please there is more than one way to get revenge against the people the Cairo coalition" the foreign minister started "For example international sanctions would cripple their economy and would deliver a blow as great as any nuke, if you commit to your nuclear strike then the British empire will be forced to take action against you in the form of a retalitory nuclear strike." The foreign minister then proceeded to turn to the emperor of the Sicilians and began to speak once more " And do not think that the British empire will not taget Syracuse if you do not back down from your threat if the Greenlandic back down from there's, after all it is in the interests of all of us that the world not be brought any closer towards destruction." With that the foreign minister concluded his speech and looked around seeing if he could spot the soulless glare of Strangelove's automata.

Sigri pauses again to contemplate her next choice of words. Losing one city would be an acceptable sacrifice, but two? That would be hard to handle. It would put all of Icy Greenland on the brink of anarchy! Worse yet, it would put both Strangelove and E.V.I.L closer to either destroying or conquering the world! However, what are her options now? Lie? Cave into pressure? Be extra honest? Negotiate her demise? Those last two seem like good ideas!

Finally, Sigri speaks up “I should mention that Icy Greenland’s nuclear arsenal is connected to a supercomputer. This would ensure that if you two and some other evildoer destroy our great nation, three other cities around the world will suffer the same fate. Let me be clear it wasn’t my choice and I have no idea what it’ll strike. If this does nothing to dissuade you, I would at least ask the Greater British Empire to strike the Sicilian Empire today and me tomorrow, just because the Sicilians are going to steal missile defense tech from the world fair.”

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Gran Colombia

Señor Presidente Ivan Dengra
War Room

The old Syndicalist smiled towards the American Emperor as he offered him an invitation. “Mr. Pensk, I would be honoured to have a delegation from the Syndicalist Union attend. I hope that, by sending our best scientists, we may be better able to build bridges between us. We do share a continent after all and must be wary of repeating the mistakes of the old word.” Smiling, the President gestured towards Ximena, who picked up the phone in order to relay his instructions back to their homeland. Turning back towards the Emperor, he continued half-jokingly, “Who know – perhaps our exhibits would be able to convince you of the incredible benefits of the revolution.”

Ivan laughed at his own words, feeling a sense of respect for his northern opponent – the two so often having clashed in the pat in the ever-shifting field of geopolitics. Despite his outward appearance of ease and calm, the events of the past 24 hours weighed heavily on his soul. The Suez Crisis had ended in senseless violence and the Priestess’ actions heralded the deaths of so many countless more. The threat of retaliation for her actions was inevitable, and Ivan’s stomach tied itself in knots as he thought of the coming tide of death that may well soon envelop the world. This World Fair, this symbol of cooperation and coexistence, was a glimmer of hope in the dark. If the people of the world could see that their leaders could put aside their differences, be they communist, syndicalist or imperialist, then they would follow them into this uncertain future. This fair had to succeed, no, he would ensure that it succeeds. Suddenly, the President pushed himself to his feet. The action caught even his advisors by surprise as the older man began to button up his suit jacket.

“In fact, Mr. Pensk – I believe that I shall attend this event in person as a demonstration of our good faith. This is a time for action rather than words, and it is my intention to act in the name of peace and on behalf of the noble Proletariat wherever they may be. Death in the nuclear furnace is undesirable for all, and we must work together to avoid it.” Stepping forward, the President went to collect his ticket from the Emperor before beginning to make his way towards his plane. “I look forward to seeing what wonders I shall find in the streets of Seattle!”

The small jet, nimble and efficient, had been idling on the tarmac in anticipation for the President’s request. Proudly designed and built within the Union, it eschewed some of the bells-and-whistles and luxuries that other world leaders may have indulge in, favouring the President’s own pragmatic personality. It would take a few minutes for the necessary safety checks to be run in preparation for take-off, but it was time that Ivan had no intention of wasting.

“Señor Presidente!” Ximena saluted as she approached, her eyes shining in admiration. The pair of Syndicalists were alone in the hangar, both wrapped in heavy winter coats in order to protect themselves from frigid mountain air outside of the UN bunker. “I have already sent word to El Cuerpo. They will dispatch some of our agents to Seattle in preparation and will identify any potential targets. With your own presence, the Capitalists will be blind to our activities until it is too late.” She felt a surge of pride for her old mentor, having nearly fallen for his apparent willingness to capitulate and appease the northern Monarchist herself.

“Ximena, no.” The serious tone took the young woman by surprise. Turning to look directly at her, Ivan placed his two arms on her shoulders, turning her to face him directly. “I meant every word that I said in there. This is not a time for rash actions or impulsive decisions. As we speak, missiles fly in the heavens above, readying to unleash death on a scale that your generation has never seen.” There was a sadness in the President’s eyes as he recalled the Great Wars of his youth, the battles which had hardened his soul and convinced him of the necessity of the Revolution. “You must remain here as my representative, but you must be careful. Your passion and determination are what will make you more capable than even I, but patience and restraint are equally important traits for a leader to command. Be wary, for there are few that we can trust and countless friends who would seek to take advantage of the chaos that the world finds itself in.”

Ximena opened her mouth to reply, but found that the words didn’t immediately appear. She looked over her mentor’s expression, studying his eyes in an effort to try and glean some underlying meaning to his words. Memories of a life before the Revolution were faint and dim, even before her parents died she was working behind the scenes in an effort to help with their radical publications. For her entire life, Ximena had dedicated herself to the liberation of the Proletariat and the Unions, and for that entire time she had gazed up at Ivan Dengra as the personification of that struggle. She had followed him and learned from him, the older revolutionary opting to take her under his wing. She would follow his commands to the end of the Earth as his loyal follower, but as his daughter and friend, she could see the weight that was pressing down on his shoulders.

After a period of silence, she nodded firmly towards the President, her mind having been made up. “I understand. I hope that you are successful, but please be careful as well.”

That evoked a laugh from Ivan as he turned to make his way towards the waiting plane. “Please, Ximena. When have I ever not?”
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:53 pm

Emperor Giliu

The Emperor looked between Britain and Greenland's representatives, far too ok with this for comfort. Giliu said simply "Mr. Minister, I find your attempt at negotiations very helpful, however surely you can see the insanity in this fanatics words. Our countries are not dissimilar, so I ask you plainly who you think is the wrong doer here, the agressor Greenland, who wishes to attack Cairo without any proof that they were one of the escalators, or the one that is simply trying to have them back down."

Turning to the Priestess he said "Madame Priestess, I say to you plainly, you are furthering the agenda of those who would seek to destroy all we know and love. I ask you that in this time of crisis, stand down and allow the UN to investigate and properly divy blame for this disaster before we launch unaggravated nuclear assault. I point out that such an option should not be on the table, even Britain does not dare fire a nuke in retaliation. Any damage to the Oil trade should be mitigated by international efforts, including a deal I struck with the Iranian President last night that shall allow unintterupted shipments of Oil direct from Iran to Turkey and out into Europe that shall stop most of the bleeding in the market. We need to think calmly about this. You have threatened three other great powers within a single speech, do not commit yourself to the unthinkable."

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:22 pm

It became clear Sigri was not in a good position. With threats of all of Icy Greenland being destroyed, it became clear this wasn’t good for her or anyone else. If Britain, Sicily, and Cairo all band together against her, Icy Greenland stands no chance. Giving up would deal quite a blow to justice, but so would allowing her entire superpower to be reduced to ashes. After all, there would always be time to attack another day.

“Alright, I give. Cairo gets to live another day. I hate giving up, but I know when I’m in a losing battle. Nasser, I hope you’re happy because I sure am not. This situation has been nothing but trouble for both of us, but mutually assured destruction is far worse than a miscarriage of justice.”

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Emperor Giliu

The Emperor nodded, scribbling an order on a piece of paper and passing it off to an aide, ordering for the missile that had been put on standby to be shut down for the moment. Nodding he said "Now, let us try and launch a proper investigation into what happened in the Suez and watch carefully what happens at the World's Fair. I have a feeling these next few days will be the most telling into our internal investigation."

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:49 am

-
Last edited by Harkback Union on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:50 am

-

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:50 am

-