NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: Jedi Academy [A Pub RP] (OOC-DEAD)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best Lightsaber Colour?

- Blue
11%
- Green
11%
- Yellow
19%
- Violet
15%
- Orange
4%
- Pink
4%
- Red
15%
- OTHER
22%

Total votes : 27

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri May 04, 2018 9:32 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Anowa wrote:Gonna teach my apprentices the art of pain.

Mainly by having them go 2v1 against someone 3 years ahead of them and nearly a foot and a half taller.

Not very honorable. But I'll make sure Alon points that out to his apprentices.

Bo: "Stand in the ashes of a billion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer"
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Yvren
Secretary

Founded: Apr 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yvren » Fri May 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Anowa wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Not very honorable. But I'll make sure Alon points that out to his apprentices.

Bo: "Stand in the ashes of a billion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer"

A'ro from the sidelines working on droid: Wow... *turns to other apprentice* these Jedi guys are intense.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Fri May 04, 2018 9:44 pm

Anowa wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Not very honorable. But I'll make sure Alon points that out to his apprentices.

oof t
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Fri May 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Arengin Union wrote:gotta teach my apprentices the art of not mastering a single fighting for... but all of them, but not really mastering but knowing them just enough to use them... also FORCE PUSH!

Creating jacks of all forms but masters of none? That's an...interesting approach; I imagine if that's the case your apprentices' training will be focused more on developing their force abilities than their lightsaber technique?

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri May 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Sen is a Consular in definition, more of a student of the Force than placing extreme focus in martial combat. If we’re going by SW:JA concepts she’ll teach her disciples the basics of strength and quickness and ask them to blend both into a medium style of their own.

Also being a gish, plenty of Force usage and buffing made easier with a single-blade combat style.

Think any additional bonuses her disciples would have would be in Force Mastery and a focus on Force channeling during battle.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Fri May 04, 2018 10:15 pm

Brusia wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:gotta teach my apprentices the art of not mastering a single fighting for... but all of them, but not really mastering but knowing them just enough to use them... also FORCE PUSH!

Creating jacks of all forms but masters of none? That's an...interesting approach; I imagine if that's the case your apprentices' training will be focused more on developing their force abilities than their lightsaber technique?

Its not that they're masters of none, they're masters of our own form which focuses on being able to fight against anyone using the previous 4 forms while also being able to use said forms in a competent sense.

But yes, Alon wants his students to focus more on their connection to the force and how to edhance their force abilties and balance both the dark and the light within. But lightsaber handling will be a must of course, especially being efficient, but Alon believes the Jedi are meant to defend, not attack, to him active pro aggressiveness is a path that divers balance in favor of the dark side.
"I do as I please"

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Fri May 04, 2018 10:32 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Brusia wrote:Creating jacks of all forms but masters of none? That's an...interesting approach; I imagine if that's the case your apprentices' training will be focused more on developing their force abilities than their lightsaber technique?

Its not that they're masters of none, they're masters of our own form which focuses on being able to fight against anyone using the previous 4 forms while also being able to use said forms in a competent sense.

But yes, Alon wants his students to focus more on their connection to the force and how to edhance their force abilties and balance both the dark and the light within. But lightsaber handling will be a must of course, especially being efficient, but Alon believes the Jedi are meant to defend, not attack, to him active pro aggressiveness is a path that divers balance in favor of the dark side.

Well, such a form would still likely be weak against Makashi (as it seems to be quite effective at countering more moderate forms such as Niman), but I think that balance works out pretty well since from that description it sounds like Alon will be training Sentinels, Sen will be training Consulars, and I'm planning on having Martius train Guardians, so it looks like we have our bases pretty well covered ;)

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri May 04, 2018 10:43 pm

Brusia wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Its not that they're masters of none, they're masters of our own form which focuses on being able to fight against anyone using the previous 4 forms while also being able to use said forms in a competent sense.

Well, such a form would still likely be weak against Makashi (as it seems to be quite effective at countering more moderate forms such as Niman), but I think that balance works out pretty well since from that description it sounds like Alon will be training Sentinels, Sen will be training Consulars, and I'm planning on having Martius train Guardians, so it looks like we have our bases pretty well covered ;)

inb4 I somehow end up training Dark Jedi.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Fri May 04, 2018 10:46 pm

Anowa wrote:inb4 I somehow end up training Dark Jedi.

Just don't create this loser please :p

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Fri May 04, 2018 10:47 pm

Anowa wrote:
Brusia wrote:Well, such a form would still likely be weak against Makashi (as it seems to be quite effective at countering more moderate forms such as Niman), but I think that balance works out pretty well since from that description it sounds like Alon will be training Sentinels, Sen will be training Consulars, and I'm planning on having Martius train Guardians, so it looks like we have our bases pretty well covered ;)

inb4 its u ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)
"I do as I please"

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Fri May 04, 2018 10:48 pm

Brusia wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Its not that they're masters of none, they're masters of our own form which focuses on being able to fight against anyone using the previous 4 forms while also being able to use said forms in a competent sense.

Eyyy we do. I feel like this will all work out jusssstttt Finnnneeeee
"I do as I please"

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri May 04, 2018 11:59 pm

Anowa wrote:
Brusia wrote:Well, such a form would still likely be weak against Makashi (as it seems to be quite effective at countering more moderate forms such as Niman), but I think that balance works out pretty well since from that description it sounds like Alon will be training Sentinels, Sen will be training Consulars, and I'm planning on having Martius train Guardians, so it looks like we have our bases pretty well covered ;)

Well I guess the darkside would count as "unknown," so, yeah, I suppose Drasten will be quite content
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Posted. Part 1 of 2.
Will try to post them getting to the mine after I take a break, so at least you'll know what sorta mess you're getting into.

Yvren
Secretary

Founded: Apr 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yvren » Sun May 06, 2018 1:31 pm

So out of Curiosity, if Mara Jade exists and is helping out Luke with the New Jedi Order. Has the Heir to the Empire trilogy already happened in this universe? or is that information that us player shouldn't know?

Mostly asking to see whether my character should be looking sideways at the Chiss.

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 5:51 pm

Yvren wrote:So out of Curiosity, if Mara Jade exists and is helping out Luke with the New Jedi Order. Has the Heir to the Empire trilogy already happened in this universe? or is that information that us player shouldn't know?

Mostly asking to see whether my character should be looking sideways at the Chiss.

Damn, I should really start reading Legends novels
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun May 06, 2018 6:04 pm

Yvren wrote:So out of Curiosity, if Mara Jade exists and is helping out Luke with the New Jedi Order. Has the Heir to the Empire trilogy already happened in this universe? or is that information that us player shouldn't know?

To be fair, given that this is a mix of both Canon and Legends, I'm being liberal with anything post-Jakku. Anything that would affect the galaxy as a whole is likely changed in some manner or cut entirely, as the Imperial Remnant was, for a long time, fighting amongst itself to reestablish a recognized government, so Thrawn was likely involved to some degree (and likely is still a key player) but to a more localized sector of space. Smaller events are likely to have happened.

Additionally, her appearance (and that of Kyle Katarn) are mostly for cameos.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sun May 06, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Sun May 06, 2018 6:16 pm

Posted for Alon and Jale.

Also, Beia gave me permission to add Skywalker's answer which he wrote, and also to write a little act of friendship between Mara and Alon.
"I do as I please"

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 07, 2018 1:36 am

0/0 — The First Trial
OBJECTIVE
• Recover the Unknown Item
• [OPTIONAL] Rescue Linea, Gai, Rean, and Krygen

MINING OUTPOST
• B1 Battle Droid x21
• B1 Battle Droid Commander x4

MINING OUTPOST, BUILDING A
• B1 Battle Droid x5

MINING OUTPOST, BUILDING B
• B1 Battle Droid x3

MINING OUTPOST, BUILDING HQ
• B1 Battle Droid x8
• B1 Battle Droid Commander x1

INFO
A large number of repurposed B1 Battle Droids are guarding the main entrance. The droids are programmed to deactivate upon taking damage, whether that be from a lightsaber or an impact of considerable force, and will continue to attack until defeated or having lost sight of intruders. The droids are carrying stun blasters, and although nonlethal are generally considered to be unpleasant. When alone, the standard B1 will attack relentlessly with no discernible tactics, but when accompanied by a Commander(s) will utilize basic-advanced maneuvers such as flanking.

To enter the mine the gate must be opened by finding the control panel or by utilizing a narrow passageway.

The outpost is situated inside a small, overgrown clearing with the buildings arranged in a triangle. The HQ is closest to the main entrance with Building A (where the Jedi are trapped) being the furthest.

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Mon May 07, 2018 2:30 am

Will definitely have to get a post up having Martius facepalm at the current goings-on :p

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon May 07, 2018 4:47 am

Just'd like to ask, when Luke said "only lightsabers" did he mean weapons or did he mean only lightsabers and nothing else? Because the chord launcher Drasten has isn't a weapon technically
Call me Warg or Antic

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon May 07, 2018 7:30 am

Post up. Didn't get into the actual combat, if someone else wants to join or anything.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 07, 2018 8:15 am

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Just'd like to ask, when Luke said "only lightsabers" did he mean weapons or did he mean only lightsabers and nothing else? Because the chord launcher Drasten has isn't a weapon technically

No other weapons allowed. IE no blasters

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Mon May 07, 2018 8:20 am

Oof poor Jale. He's barely realizing how harsh the world actually is.
"I do as I please"

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon May 07, 2018 9:35 am

Beiarusia wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Just'd like to ask, when Luke said "only lightsabers" did he mean weapons or did he mean only lightsabers and nothing else? Because the chord launcher Drasten has isn't a weapon technically

No other weapons allowed. IE no blasters

Good thing that's no problem for my guy!
The balance will be waaaaay off though.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 07, 2018 9:36 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:Good thing that's no problem for my guy!
The balance will be waaaaay off though.

You'll be fine. I can only hope the students can outsmart some old droids.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse