NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: Jedi Academy [A Pub RP] (OOC-DEAD)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best Lightsaber Colour?

- Blue
11%
- Green
11%
- Yellow
19%
- Violet
15%
- Orange
4%
- Pink
4%
- Red
15%
- OTHER
22%

Total votes : 27

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri May 04, 2018 2:41 am

Relikai wrote:Some improvement, like easier to relate with an apprentice and the RP's theme. Age might be a factor, leaving that for others to look at.

Even as an apprentice, choose a saber type, one of the three basic ones (Single, Staff, Dual Wield) at least.

If you're saying that my guy should be younger, I mean, we have 48-year-old apprentices here
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri May 04, 2018 3:15 am

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:
Relikai wrote:Some improvement, like easier to relate with an apprentice and the RP's theme. Age might be a factor, leaving that for others to look at.

Even as an apprentice, choose a saber type, one of the three basic ones (Single, Staff, Dual Wield) at least.

If you're saying that my guy should be younger, I mean, we have 48-year-old apprentices here

^
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri May 04, 2018 3:15 am

Kindly, it would be wise of you not to assume so quickly.

Anyway upon further research there’s no cause for age to be a factor given the bio.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri May 04, 2018 3:18 am

Relikai wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:If you're saying that my guy should be younger, I mean, we have 48-year-old apprentices here

Anyway upon further research there’s no cause for age to be a factor given the bio.

I wasn't accusing at all, I was just suggesting one of the many might have been meanings of what you said and pointing out why it was not the case

Also, imagine me saying it in a more of "well, but we have this" voice instead of a "ur wrong! I hate ur all, hurgh a durk" voice
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Fri May 04, 2018 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri May 04, 2018 3:21 am

Relikai wrote:

I wasn't accusing at all, I was just suggesting one of the many might have been meanings of what you said and pointing out why it was not the case

Also, imagine me saying it in a more of "well, but we have this" voice instead of a "ur wrong! I hate ur all, hurgh a durk" voice

I understand, just saying that it’s unwise lest it allows assumptions and cause others to jump on the bandwagon on a misunderstanding.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri May 04, 2018 3:24 am

Relikai wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:I wasn't accusing at all, I was just suggesting one of the many might have been meanings of what you said and pointing out why it was not the case

I understand, just saying that it’s unwise lest it allows assumptions and cause others to jump on the bandwagon on a misunderstanding.

That's why I added the "I mean" to my sentence in comas, that usually signifies that the person in question is not exactly being very firm and being a lot loose when saying the question, compared to removing the "I mean" in which it'd be more attributed to a blunt statement

Well, that's how I decrypt things like that anyway
Call me Warg or Antic

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri May 04, 2018 3:28 am

Relikai wrote:

That's why I added the "I mean" to my sentence in comas, that usually signifies that the person in question is not exactly being very firm and being a lot loose when saying the question, compared to removing the "I mean" in which it'd be more attributed to a blunt statement

No worries is k.

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri May 04, 2018 3:29 am

Relikai wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:That's why I added the "I mean" to my sentence in comas, that usually signifies that the person in question is not exactly being very firm and being a lot loose when saying the question, compared to removing the "I mean" in which it'd be more attributed to a blunt statement

No worries is k.

Yeah, sorry about that, just thought that I had to clarify myself

Since whenever I see the words "I mean" I usually imagine the person going like this
Call me Warg or Antic

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri May 04, 2018 4:01 am

Relikai wrote:

No worries is k.

Yeah, sorry about that, just thought that I had to clarify myself

Since whenever I see the words "I mean" I usually imagine the person going like this

I mean, you aren't wrong.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Stristia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stristia » Fri May 04, 2018 4:49 am

May the 4th be with you, always!
The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions, but by iron and blood.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Name: Kaidin Thelcar
Species: Echani

Appearance: White-silver skinned, silver eyed, and white hair. Stand with good form at 6', weighing around 165. Well toned and muscular. Moves with a fluid grace, always somewhat tense and ready for combat.

Lightsaber: Blue training saber, single blade.
Ship: None
Equipment: Echani Vibrosword, clothing (obviously).

Personality: Soldier-y, responds aggressive when confronted aggressively, doesn't automatically default to diplomacy when in a hostile situation. Tends to try to circumvent problems when he can, typically by physically moving around the problem when necessary. Tends toward honor, however.
Likes: Honorable people; fights, fair or not, but the fairer the better;
Dislikes: Carrying overly heavy things, losing, lack of honor.
Goals: To better himself, both as a person and in combat techniques, and to better his people.
Fears: A degree of claustrophobia, any environment which restricts his movements in general. Spacesuits, for similar reasons.

Background: The Echani were one of the least affected technically non-Humans by the rise of the Empire, as they were both close enough to Humans and extremely useful to the Empire, teaching them important techniques, especially for the Imperial Guard. As such, although the Echani were forced to dissolve their official military, they were allowed to retain a militia, and some of the higher ranking officers were still commissioned. Kaidin was born into this life, on the Echani homeworld of Eshan, to a family of the warrior caste. Although the Echani have a matriarchical society, dominated almost entirely by females, there was always some degree of advancement possible in the non-political sections of society, even though the top ranks had very few, if any men, Kaidin's family pushed him from a young age, training him to join the Echani militia, a very honorable goal in their society, as combat was crucial to them. Kaidin wasn't the best, but he was far from the worst, and pursued a commission in the militia, working other times as craftsman, creating works of art, made from metal and other tough substances.

Kaidin continued to keep in shape, staying in the militia through his adult life, and when the Empire fell, joined the military, as he had been waiting his whole life for this moment. He excelled, being a dutiful soldier, adept at following orders and having a good sense of honor, and eventually was promoted to an officer, although he did not remain there long. Soon after he achieved his dreams, and joined the military, as his family had done before him, the Jedi came knocking. Hunting for Force Sensitives, to join their new Academy, they found Kaidin in the military, and although he did not wish to leave, he realized it was for his best, and for the betterment of his people, as who knows who could follow in his footsteps as he opened doors for them?

Skills: Melee combat, both hand to hand and with weapons such as vibroblades, in the Echani traditional combat style, and therefore inclined towards Form II. Parkour. Good all around at most things physical.
Weaknesses: Has difficulty paying attention, mental challenges and tests tend to not be good for him for these reasons,

RP Example: Does the last rendition do?

DO NOT REMOVE: HK-47
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri May 04, 2018 8:10 am

I'd like to just ask, should we add miscellaneous items in the equipment section? Because I want to give Drasten cigarras and what's basically a walkman, and I don't want to get in trouble because I didn't mention them in the app
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Fri May 04, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Warg or Antic

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Fri May 04, 2018 8:55 am

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Name: Drasten Kellic

I can deal with it. Two things: 1) I expect you to get mistaken for an Echani a lot and 2) the training lightsabers would be standard designs, so no curved hilts until you make your own, so change that. Otherwise, ACCEPTED. upon making that change. And your equipment is mostly what you'd take with you on a mission, so could be anything so long as it makes sense and isn't something obvious that everyone would have anyway.

The Olog-Hai wrote:Name: Kaidin Thelcar

Short and sweet. ACCEPTED.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri May 04, 2018 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri May 04, 2018 9:18 am

Many celebrations for a healthy roster :lol2:

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri May 04, 2018 9:25 am

I'll post soon and get us moving onto the trial. Unfortunately, I have to work tonight, so aiming for tomorrow or Sunday evening.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Fri May 04, 2018 11:40 am

Beiarusia wrote:

I can deal with it. Two things: 1) I expect you to get mistaken for an Echani a lot and 2) the training lightsabers would be standard designs, so no curved hilts until you make your own, so change that. Otherwise, ACCEPTED. upon making that change. And your equipment is mostly what you'd take with you on a mission, so could be anything so long as it makes sense and isn't something obvious that everyone would have anyway.

I know it's a bit short, and I apologize, but there's not too much info on Echani, so that was some degree of a roadblock.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Yvren
Secretary

Founded: Apr 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yvren » Fri May 04, 2018 11:48 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:I can deal with it. Two things: 1) I expect you to get mistaken for an Echani a lot and 2) the training lightsabers would be standard designs, so no curved hilts until you make your own, so change that. Otherwise, ACCEPTED. upon making that change. And your equipment is mostly what you'd take with you on a mission, so could be anything so long as it makes sense and isn't something obvious that everyone would have anyway.

I know it's a bit short, and I apologize, but there's not too much info on Echani, so that was some degree of a roadblock.

Something to look at, and I might be completely off on this, but I seem to remember all of the Imperial Guards were Echani or at least used Echani training methods.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri May 04, 2018 11:51 am

Yvren wrote:Something to look at, and I might be completely off on this, but I seem to remember all of the Imperial Guards were Echani or at least used Echani training methods.

I believe the latter is correct, and some probably were Echani.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Fri May 04, 2018 12:55 pm

Well I got to apprentices now. Hey Olog and Stristia we should discuss what kind of master/padawan relations we'll have.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Fri May 04, 2018 1:12 pm

Yvren wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:I know it's a bit short, and I apologize, but there's not too much info on Echani, so that was some degree of a roadblock.

Something to look at, and I might be completely off on this, but I seem to remember all of the Imperial Guards were Echani or at least used Echani training methods.

Yes, Echani techniques. Also was an all-female (IIRC) group who worked for the Empire who were Echani. That's why I mentioned the Echani being well treated by the Empire.

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri May 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

Thanks, can I add the cigarras and walkman then?

Also, why would I be mistaken for an Echani exactly? Is it because of the white hair?
Call me Warg or Antic

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri May 04, 2018 7:32 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Thanks, can I add the cigarras and walkman then?

Also, why would I be mistaken for an Echani exactly? Is it because of the white hair?

As long as it's not an actual Walkman. And yeah, white-haired human would probably be mistaken for Echani.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Fri May 04, 2018 8:14 pm

gotta teach my apprentices the art of not mastering a single fighting for... but all of them, but not really mastering but knowing them just enough to use them... also FORCE PUSH!
"I do as I please"

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri May 04, 2018 9:27 pm

Arengin Union wrote:gotta teach my apprentices the art of not mastering a single fighting for... but all of them, but not really mastering but knowing them just enough to use them... also FORCE PUSH!

Gonna teach my apprentices the art of pain.

Mainly by having them go 2v1 against someone 3 years ahead of them and nearly a foot and a half taller.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Fri May 04, 2018 9:30 pm

Anowa wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:gotta teach my apprentices the art of not mastering a single fighting for... but all of them, but not really mastering but knowing them just enough to use them... also FORCE PUSH!

Gonna teach my apprentices the art of pain.

Mainly by having them go 2v1 against someone 3 years ahead of them and nearly a foot and a half taller.

Not very honorable. But I'll make sure Alon points that out to his apprentices.
"I do as I please"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse