NATION

PASSWORD

Are We Heroes: Novum Saeculum [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:36 pm

WhatsamattaU wrote:Well, it looks as if Mari won't have everyone fighting to slit her throat during the Babel Protocols.

If Mari wants to come with Weinkauf and Molly, I wouldn't have any problem with it.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:33 am

Name: Mariya Ilyasova
Alias: Quiet / The Ripper
Appearance:

Build: 5'6, 122 lbs
Sexual orientation: Confused

Powers: Mariya has the power to create constructs of hard energy, which is about as solid as concrete and can be as sharp as steel. These constructs can be created within a two yard radius around her, and forming them expends physical effort on her part. They can be created in any shape but advanced objects with moving parts can't be created because Mariya doesn't have the skill to form these. Instead, they're typically rudimentary in nature. Blades, shields, and other things made of only a few pieces. She also has telekinetic ability over her own constructs, allowing her to create projectiles that can be rapidly fired at an enemy.

Drawbacks and Limitations: Since creating constructs takes energy, Mariya can't just make giant shields throughout a battle without losing her energy and passing out. She has to use her power smartly to avoid this burnout, and her telekinesis also gets far less accurate when she's tired. Additionally, while she's fit, she isn't large and can be overtaken with brute force.

Equipment: She mostly uses her constructs, but also carries a bag of medical supplies, and a physical knife in case her powers fail.

Personality: Emotionally distant, somewhat mysterious, and a known liar. Mariya is a hero, but at the same time she can be a sociopath who shows little feeling and doesn't get too close to people. She'll throw them off from knowing her real life by telling lies, for reasons that remain to be seen. She does, however, have a very strong sense of justice and will do anything to get her version of justice, whether it aligns with that of others or not.

Nationality: Russian
Hometown: Omsk
Bio: Born in the cold of Siberia, Mariya has never really had it easy. She grew up not in Omsk, but around it, in a home where she was expected to help out her single father, Vitaly, with things like clearing the street during the harsh Siberian winter and cutting firewood. She also spent a lot of time in the gym growing up, under her father's instruction as she practiced kickboxing and learned discipline and other values that he claimed would help her later. It wasn't the easiest life, but Mariya stayed out of trouble and things were relatively stable growing up. Until she reached high school, that is, and she spent less time in the gym and more around other kids, wrecking her confidence and leading to her becoming one of the more bullied kids for a variety of reasons.

At sixteen, Mariya was jumped outside of school and was rescued by a few vigilantes, who she ended up following back to their base after seeing them on another occasion. They talked. And became friends. And eventually, the small group that called themselves the Eagles invited her in as one of their youngest members. Their base was an abandoned USSR military installation, and they revealed one of the experiments that had been discovered there. If she just drank the blue liquid, she would develop powers. Of course she took the offer. She drifted more and more towards her new friends, away from her father even. She dropped out of school at seventeen to pursue the life of a vigilante, moving into the military base.

This went on for a few years, but when she was twenty, there was an incident between her and other members of the Eagles that resulted in her being left for dead in the heart of Siberia, expelled from the team and killed off. At least, they believed that she had been killed off. She returned to Omsk emotionally cold, a different person than she had been before. All of the previous warmth and empathy, lost. This new, colder Mariya adopted an identity known as The Ripper and began using her powers more aggressively and violently as a solo vigilante, targeting criminals such as drug dealers and often leaving the authorities to find them inside out. There were also a few events where she went against former members of the Eagles, which was what led to her arrest and eventually being shipped off to the academy despite being able to handle herself as a solo vigilante who took care of things with her own method.

Skills: Very competent at close range fighting, and she also learned medical skills from her old team and can serve as a combat medic, which is aided by her ability to set up shields. She's also self reliant with good intuition.
Flaws: In addition to not having a wide amount of strengths in combat, Mariya can be overpowered physically if she can't take someone out with one of her constructs. She also seems to lack the capacity to fully show natural emotions anymore, and whether that's true or not, she rarely does reveal them.

Aditional Info: Theme
don't tread on me

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:16 am

Mary, Mari, Molly, Mariya.... :blink:
Last edited by WhatsamattaU on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:21 am

WhatsamattaU wrote:Mary, Mari, Molly, Mariya.... :blink:

Don't forget Mina.

We must add more characters to the list of those whose names begin with M.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:33 am

accepted

do you plan to introduce at the start of Arc 2?

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:07 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
WhatsamattaU wrote:Mary, Mari, Molly, Mariya.... :blink:

Don't forget Mina.

Hereby decreed that all female names will start with the letter, "M". So let it be written, so let it be done. :p

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:16 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:accepted

do you plan to introduce at the start of Arc 2?

That's the plan.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:32 pm

Damn, it would sure be a shame if Mary opened the closet :lol:
don't tread on me

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:52 am

WhatsamattaU wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
Don't forget Mina.

Hereby decreed that all female names will start with the letter, "M". So let it be written, so let it be done. :p

Nice.

We could have a Mindy, and a Mavis.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:55 am

Talchyon wrote:
Nice.

We could have a Mindy, and a Mavis.

Marge.

Large Marge, with the power to grow to the size of a four story building and become twenty times as durable and strong.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:54 pm

Found a theme song for a villain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZZc5Gdgp1Y

Valloria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valloria » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:26 am

For Arc II

Name: William Smith
Alias: Anvil
Appearance:

Build: 6'0" and slightly stocky, around 195 pounds. All muscle from physical labor.
Sexual orientation: Straight

Powers: Imbuing of Strength - William innately has skills far in excess of even the most masterful of all blacksmith's alive. Objects created from metal he forges are extremely strong and versatile, practically unbreakable, excellent conductors or insulators (depending on his purpose), light, and economical. They possess the innate ability to "work with" their master, guiding William's (or the person he made the object for's) motions and making him a master fighter with his hammer and swords despite having no experience with either. Given enough time in the forge, William can imbue objects with other benefits to the proper wielder, for example; healing factor, poison resistance, mild durability, mild superspeed, heightened senses, extreme adrenaline boost, and others. When it comes to weaponry, the Imbuing of Strength makes every hit magnify the strength of the wielder five times over as a base modification, with more depending on how the weapon is made.

Drawbacks and Limitations: William has no innate physical buffs beyond being rather strong for the average human. Mechanically gifted but not cunning or brilliant by any stretch, he is pigeonholed by what he can imagine for the weaponry. Furthermore, it takes days to forge a weapon with base boosts from the Imbuing of Strength, and far longer the more he intends on Imbuing the weapon with. Fitting all the buffs he is capable of creating into one weapon or object sacrifices its structural integrity, economical design, or weight, and the buffs work less when a weapon is wielded by one it is not made for. He is best at making weapons for himself, and designing one for another person requires their constant oversight and a vial of their blood to be added to the metal so that it may 'bond' with them. Once something leaves the wielder's hand it loses the power imbued, as it is tied to their life force's immediate presence, so bullets and ranged weapons are not able to be Imbued with Strength.

Equipment: An Imbued warhammer, two Imbued curved daggers, a weapons maintenance and cleaning kit, a bottle of the finest Scotch of Inverness, a blueprint book for weapons design, an Imbued mallet, several early modern treatises on economics, the human condition, and of course blacksmithery, an Imbued miner's helmet, forging gloves.

Personality: Eager and hard-headed, William is a young blacksmith savant, convinced of his own skill but jovial at any chance to learn from masters of his craft beyond his natural skill. He is always happy to help his team, and is a fantastic storyteller and generally a gregarious presence fantastic at binding together disparate elements of a team into one unit. He doesn't like being a leader, preferring to leave that to those with a mind for strategy, but he enjoys being the first in support. When he's not spending his time in the forges, he's out drinking with his mates, just having a great time in general. But shallow pleasure is not the limit of his goals: he enjoys listening to lectures on theory of economics and the human condition and seeks a greater understanding of the world around him beyond just his simple hometown in the Scottish Highlands. A country boy with a good heart and wide eyes, he is firm in his love for his country, but is one of the few that embraces the English, much like he embraces all others regardless of origin.

Nationality: Highlander Scottish
Hometown: Inverness, Scotland
Bio: Born to a working-class older couple in Inverness, William is by far the youngest of three boys — his older brothers are 11 and 16 years older than him, respectively. He is his father's son: Michael Smith is a gregarious union miner that serves as a representative of his group of miners to their employer. Wise but always genial, his father never has a smile or quip far from his lips, and that old Scottish wit and wisdom is present in spades. His mother is a smart lass from Edinburgh, who is just as much in love with his father as she was on the day they met almost 40 years ago. She was loving and permissive but strict when the rules were broken, and a guiding presence in young William's life.

William excelled in school, getting above average (but not perfect) grades and enjoying plenty of time outside with his mates. Growing up, he was never far bigger than his peers, but as he grew and filled out, and started working in the forges, he became very strong. He hasn't had a great deal of luck with girls, as he his slightly shy when it comes to that realm of things. His life has largely been colored by peace and happiness in his little Scottish city in the highlands. He largely stayed out of trouble and when he graduated college, he spent two years working in the forges before a member of Argus contacted him about joining the Academy. After intense consultation with his parents, both pushed him to attend, believing it to be a chance for him to become a great hero.

Skills: Master weaponsmith and designer, gregarious and sociable.
Flaws: A bit happy-go-lucky and green, overly optimistic, not experienced with loss or the challenges of combat.
Last edited by Valloria on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
JON LOVITZ 2020

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:28 am

Oh, and in case I never said this, I'm sorry about destroying the jet and part of the hangar.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:37 am

Auphelia wrote:Oh, and in case I never said this, I'm sorry about destroying the jet and part of the hangar.

The jet was a rental so destroying it isn't a problem, and it's not like we'll be using the hangar for a while.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:06 pm

If the situation doesn’t resolve itself by the time I get to my computer, I’ll make a post from Valerie soon.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Well, this is one of the most high-stakes trust exercises I have ever done.

SC #307

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Okayanos » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:16 pm

Fionn's blood is toxic when ingested, the skulls and mouths are just killing themselves faster.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Okayanos wrote:Fionn's blood is toxic when ingested, the skulls and mouths are just killing themselves faster.

The Skulls are the ones drinking it, and they cannot be impacted in any way by powers. When working together all at once on one target, especially one that is equal parts physical and power driven, they are nearly unstoppable. Also, note that the Skulls are roughly your height and the Mouths are a little over twice your height.

SC #307

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:24 pm

I hate it when this shit happens:

"I shot you!"
"I shot you first!"
"It doesn't affect me!"
"It doesn't affect me, either!"
"Does so!"
"Does not!"

On and on and on and on....

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:29 pm

WhatsamattaU wrote:I hate it when this shit happens:

"I shot you!"
"I shot you first!"
"It doesn't affect me!"
"It doesn't affect me, either!"
"Does so!"
"Does not!"

On and on and on and on....

Ditto. Which is why we're waiting for Cy to end it on that end.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:30 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Ditto. Which is why we're waiting for Cy to end it on that end.

Mina's life hangs in the balance.

This should be fun!

:)

SC #307

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:34 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Ditto. Which is why we're waiting for Cy to end it on that end.

Mina's life hangs in the balance.

This should be fun!

:)

jess didnt stop looking at her
don't tread on me

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Yay! Argus!

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:19 pm

The Gang of Who-now?

MARI! I'M COMING FOR YOU!

As soon as I get, y'know, un-arrested.

SC #307

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Auphelia wrote:The Gang of Who-now?

MARI! I'M COMING FOR YOU!

As soon as I get, y'know, un-arrested.

IF*

you done fucked-up

PreviousNext

Advertisement