NATION

PASSWORD

Are We Heroes: Novum Saeculum [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:07 pm

I'm waiting for him to try it on John Smith

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:11 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:As i understood it, he can touch people and impart instructions whilst touching them, but not have active control without contact.

So in other words, Jinx (Molly) can do all kinds of bad stuff and then blame it all on being mind-controlled by Sam. Love it!
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Grey would like to see you try... :)

No, Jk, that might be interesting to see

Eisen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Sam's powers last after contact, but the hypnosis lasts longer the the longer contact is made with a maximum amount of lasting of 24 hours after contact has been made, provided that the contact was sufficient enough (i.e. a hug or something), as opposed to a brief snoot-boop which would probably last about ten minutes. But yes, it has to be skin to skin contact, so if a character is, say, acidic on touch, it probably wouldn't go too well for Sam, so he'd be left needing to maintain eye contact with his opponent. Potentially, if he stays in physical contact with a person, he could likely just control them forever.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:19 pm

so can he only impart instructions during the duration of the contact, or once he touches them, he can psychically control them?

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Also, how is everyone feeling about the room assignments so far...?

Eisen
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:20 pm

He has to impart instructions during physical contact.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:20 pm

Oof. This application thing is harder than I remember.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:20 pm

Tagging with app coming soon
don't tread on me

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Auphelia wrote:Oof. This application thing is harder than I remember.

that's to weed out the shitposters ;)

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:23 pm

The Ic is kicking my but with writer's block

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:24 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Also, how is everyone feeling about the room assignments so far...?

Not realizing that there were room assignments so far, I'm going to check them out.

-Talc
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:57 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Also, how is everyone feeling about the room assignments so far...?

If the boy's not interested, Mary can live with it.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:58 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:The Ic is kicking my but with writer's block

Telegram to you and Talchyon. Maybe you can use it in the IC?

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Well, Sam's gay, so I didn't think he would be too uncomfortable, but Idk

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:59 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Well, Sam's gay, so I didn't think he would be too uncomfortable, but Idk

Fine with Mary.

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:00 pm

Tagged, how did I not see this earlier.
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Higher Japan wrote:Tagged, how did I not see this earlier.

magic, and the active P2TM community

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:05 pm

By the way, in my Telegram, I have Mary imagine that her room mate is a girl. But Sam's okay when he show's up.

LOL, sent telegram to the wrong player.
Last edited by WhatsamattaU on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:35 pm

WhatsamattaU wrote:
The Cyberiad Council wrote:The Ic is kicking my but with writer's block

Telegram to you and Talchyon. Maybe you can use it in the IC?

Thanks for sending it to me. Interesting.

...Is there a reason you sent it to me? Am I a Co-OP, because I wasn't aware of it.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:37 pm

If nothing else, you are a well-respected member of the P2TM community.

You're always welcome to be a co-op
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Name: Jessamyn Margaryan
Alias: Truth
Appearance:

Build: 6'0, 148 lbs
Sexual orientation: She's happy with whatever you have.

Powers: Jessamyn can gather a tremendous amount of information from someone or something through touch. She's not a telepath, but her power still grants her certain knowledge based on interpreting what she's touching. For example, she can't read minds, but she might sense a betrayal coming by touching someone and using her power to decipher extremely small details such as subtle shifts in their body language and eye movements, tipping her off to what their intent is. In the case of objects, she can tell the recent history of the object, which can also be useful for gathering information. When she touches a human she'll get a stream of estimates about them from her power, and she has to sort through them. She can, however, see their recent past from the last couple of days.

Drawbacks and Limitations: Her power isn't telepathy. It attempts to interpret the smallest details about people to offer predictions, but it can be wrong at times. Also, her power only gives her knowledge, and not even complete knowledge. It doesn't give her anything useful towards acting on that knowledge, and she doesn't have another power or combat skills to act on her information without the help of others once it's crunch time.

Equipment: She carries a Colt 1911 pistol in case things go wrong, and keeps a notebook with her to collect her findings in quickly.

Personality: Sometimes, it's hard to tell if Jessamyn is a hero or a villain. Officially, she's a hero, but her personality is very rough around the edges. She's rude, snarky, and is pretty much her own person in all areas. She doesn't like authority and believes in doing what she wants, but she has good in her on some level. It just takes digging to reach it, and not many put up with her long enough to discover her good side, where she can be extremely gentle and compassionate.

Nationality: American
Hometown: Troy, New York

Bio: The Margaryan family is one that's slightly well known in the world of metahumans. Not famous, but Jessamyn isn't the first one in the family to have powers. Her mother is a telepath, which explains the abilities that she has now. Her father, on the other hand, is a speedster who didn't pass on his powers to his daughter. Her older sister received the gift of agility, and she gained the power that was... Well, less exciting. Her sister, Mariam, quickly became the pride of the family, and Mariam received more attention because she was the one that had the potential to become a celebrity, showing good skill at a young age with her powers and also displaying the perfect personality for a hero. Her sister was the perfect daughter and she was just the one struggling to keep up. In a way, her development was heavily influenced by that.

Her parents were always giving Mariam attention while she fought for the scraps, and she began to resent Mariam and deep down, she started resenting superheroes and her family in general. Mariam became the joy of their little upper New York city, appearing in the news and traveling to bigger cities with superheroes, and meanwhile, Jess was only recognized rarely on the street and didn't have the same well known powers. She became a delinquent in her teenage years because it was a way to lash out at those who were hurting her. Both in her family and in school, where her grades slipped and she never found popularity. She didn't have her sister's personality. She was rough around the edges. She never went out of her way to be nice, and her popularity suffered from it.

But she and the small group of friends that she did have used her power to stage small time robberies around town, figuring out when certain stores would be left unprotected, or what the layouts were. Eventually, she pushed things further after an argument about her grades and her future as a superhero, in addition to the arrest that had happened last month over petty theft. Acting with little preparation because of her high emotions, she and her best friend stole a Rolls Royce Phantom that they had been scouting out for the last week. The result was a car chase on the highway that lasted for hours, until she eventually went off of the road and slammed into a building.

The only casualty was her friend, Hannah. Everyone else walked away from the incident unscathed, including the people inside the gas station store that she'd hit, and herself. She regained consciousness shortly after the crash to find the car surrounded by police, and she looked to the side and found Hannah's body bloodied by the front of the car being crushed. After she stumbled out of the car, she gave herself up to police and she was arrested on national television. She spent weeks being held without bail, until she received an offer that had been negotiated by her father, Hyak. If she attended school to become a hero, she would dodge the punishment for stealing the car and accidentally killing her best friend in the process.

Jessamyn was changed by the incident and wracked by grief from it, withdrawing more than she ever had before. But short on options, she accepted it and committed, at least publicly, to using her power for good. After all, she didn't exactly have another option unless she wanted to go to prison and get tried as an adult for what she had done, which involved a decent list of crimes when everything was said and done, from stealing the valuable car to engaging in a police chase, to the ending that had seen her friend killed. Only time will tell if her run as a hero lasts, or if she'll end up going to prison for breaking the terms of the agreement, which involves not getting into trouble.

Skills: Good at things that require information. This includes strategizing and planning, investigating, whatever. She can also be a good talker if she feels like it, an expert in argument that's good at using her opponent's information to keep them on the back foot. Naturally, she's also very observant.
Flaws: Jessamyn might be tall but she hasn't worked out enough to have a ton of physical strength, and she's not the kind of hero that will be on the front lines of a battle. Because she needs to touch her opponents to get their information, this can be a detriment. Her attitude problem is a weakness in the field because it can cause problems for herself and her team as a whole.

Aditional Info: Theme Song
don't tread on me

Eisen
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:41 pm

Sam should be fine with his roomy. Also, I should mention that Sam's a crossdresser, as well, so mistaking him for a girl should totally fit.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:49 pm

Jess is accepted

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby Auphelia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Is the power good, before I do the absolute worst part of this?

Name: Mi Na Kim (Mina)
Alias: Titaness/ Tower of Terror
Appearance:

Build: Short, slight
Sexual orientation: Straight

Powers:
Towering- She is able to draw on the properties of nearby objects and become made of their materials, and duplicates those materials to grow. In this form, once she is roughly 10 metres tall, she is virtually invincible, with bombs, bullets, and other weapons only feeding her growth. Until then she is vulnerable, though she has 5 "hearts", and all 5 need to be destroyed to kill her. She doesn't say where they are, but it is assumed they are within her. As she grows taller her height determines her area of power, with her height being the radius of the circle around her that she is able to draw from to grow. This process is slow after a few minutes, but starts fairly quickly. After about 10 metres it slows down and her reality warping abilities become stronger. The maximum height she had ever been was roughly 2 kilometres tall, in her application test for the academy.

Reality Warping - She is able to shape the world around her if they are inside of her sphere of power, but she cannot directly influence animals or humans. She can also only impact things within her sphere of influence that she can draw on. This power starts slow at first, but given enough time it can be devastating. She is able to use this even when not towering, but her range is only She can do things like slowly flatten buildings, create spikes out of almost anything, form mazes, create sinkholes, bend distance to a minor extent, and more. But for those who can fly and don't get trapped in a building or on the ground, and don't get within reach of her arms in tower form, can largely evade her attack. For some reason she can control air in a minor way within her sphere (creating a strong breeze), but cannot make strong winds or direct them. The same is true for water.

Drawbacks and Limitations:
- When in tower form she can "move", but her legs become fused to the ground, as she is a part of the surrounding world, and her top speed is roughly 1 kilometre per hour, if even that
- It takes time for her sphere of influence to grow, and while she can make herself safe by going into her tower form, her attack power is severely limited
- Her power over more abstract things like water and gas is significantly weaker than her control over solids
- If she warps something in one shape for more than thirty minutes, it will stay that way forever unless she purposefully resets it. Otherwise the effects of her power last for 24 hours, slowly returning to how they were before. This only resets what she changed, not who or what was killed.

Equipment:
- None

Personality: She is a fairly nice person, though her personality changes with her mood, which changes often. She is most often a happy person who loves having powers and craves money and power, but is too fearful of getting caught to turn to a life of crime.

Nationality: Korean
Hometown:Incheon
Bio:

Skills: She is a voracious reader and knows several languages (Korean, English, Mandarin, French, and bits and pieces of a few others). She is also a fairly good cook and very agile. The agility doesn't really work with her power though.
Flaws: She is very afraid of pain (until she feels it, when she can mostly ignore small cuts and the like), she is fairly immobile with her powers, she is a bit greedy in terms of money and power which can distract her, her powers are destructive to everyone including her allies, enemies, and civilians.

Aditional Info: (Optional)
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse