NATION

PASSWORD

Are We Heroes: Novum Saeculum [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:35 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Honestly, not that much.

We hit a little slow spell, but after a small assembly with the entire class, a small group of students got in trouble, and they're about to start their first class.

Ok thanks.

So then, I noticed in the survey above. Richard doesn't even get a mention?
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:07 am

damn, I knew I forgot someone

Wulf Da Guy
Attaché

Founded: May 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Wulf Da Guy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Nyx is the best member duh....

Maybe a little bit after the Hound cause he's smexy

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:43 pm

Big ol' post in IC.

Some serious stuff.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:36 pm

Yeah, I saw. The world is changing.

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Okayanos » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:43 pm

We need to steal the Declaration of Independence.

Wulf Da Guy
Attaché

Founded: May 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Wulf Da Guy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:55 pm

Okayanos wrote:We need to steal the Declaration of Independence.

I second this, tis the only way to preserve our union.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:17 am

Okayanos wrote:We need to steal the Declaration of Independence.

But only if there is a real treasure map on the back. (Shades of Nicolas Cage)
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:29 am

Ugh
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:35 am

To try and make yet another character, y or n

Even though I haven’t really “felt” a character since midway through the first arc.
don't tread on me

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:12 am

I know it can be difficult to play without having motivation for a character, so I don't really know what to tell ya other than we'd love to have you.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:51 am

Forest State wrote:To try and make yet another character, y or n

Even though I haven’t really “felt” a character since midway through the first arc.

The Cyberiad Council wrote:I know it can be difficult to play without having motivation for a character, so I don't really know what to tell ya other than we'd love to have you.

Ditto, 4restChan.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:55 am

Ditto third. (Tritto?)

Maybe try to develop the characters you already have.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:10 am

Talchyon wrote:Ditto third. (Tritto?)

Not intending to bring either of them back tho
don't tread on me

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:15 am

Forest State wrote:
Talchyon wrote:Ditto third. (Tritto?)

Not intending to bring either of them back tho

Yeah, that would be an issue then. Well, either way, know that you are welcome here and your characters are fun to interact with.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:48 pm

Name: Mariel Ortega
Alias: Icarus
Appearance:

Build: 5’9, 124 lbs
Sexual orientation: Bisexual

Powers: Hyper intelligence. Ortega is capable of picking up new concepts quickly and learning hogs that would be out of the realm of the average person, ranging from aerospace engineering to advanced computer coding. The actual power isn’t really the IQ level, though. It’s the increased ability to learn. Mariel learns quicker than others and can get an understanding of things that would take others years to grasp at a good level. She’s very perceptive to new information, absorbing it easily and storing it for later use with a near photographic memory.

Drawbacks and Limitations: While Mariel can learn concepts quicker than others, she still has to actually learn them. She doesn’t know everything so she can’t just come up with the solution to any problem on the spot. Additionally, she doesn't have any kind of physical enhancement and therefore is limited by being human. She might know how to take out an enemy, but that doesn’t mean she has the strength to do it. She also has the need to use supplies in any projects of hers, just like anyone else. She can’t use her knowledge to create something that she doesn’t have the materials on hand to construct.

Equipment: Her equipment is mostly the tools that she uses to construct various gadgets for the field, but in combat she carries a G3 rifle and a custom built sawed off shotgun that she calls Old Freedom. Her bag also contains traditional or custom made medical supplies such as tourniquets, injectors, bandages, and gauze. She additionally owns a motorcycle that she constructed herself, which has been dubbed as “the Junkbucket” by her.

Personality: A hard to control firebrand. Mariel isn’t overtly an emotional type, and doesn’t seem like someone that wears her heart on her sleeve, but she holds her feelings strongly and will fight for them. If someone wrongs her, she’ll hit them twice as hard down the line. If she feels like someone else is being wronged, she’ll say something. She’s cocky and confident in her abilities, but also prone to her emotions flaring up beyond acceptable levels and also prone to getting tunnel vision towards her goals.

Nationality: American
Hometown: San Juan, Puerto Rico / Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Bio: As an only child of a Puerto Rican family that was just about average in most ways, Mariel received a lot of attention early on. And it didn’t take a lot of time for her parents to realize that something was off about her, not in a bad way but in a way that definitely set her apart from others. She was smart, much smarter than almost anyone else around her was at a young age. She frequently talked about being bored in school, and from middle school on, she would skip out of boredom rather than rebelliousness. It wasn’t like she wasn’t acing every class regardless. She graduated high school at sixteen, and for the next year, she would stay home and make money working on cars. It was an easy source of income for her, considering she found it interesting and had read every book she could find on the subject, picking up the needed skills.

She would move stateside at seventeen to live in Baton Rouge with the family of her close family friend, Armando. According to herself, she needed to move to the States to set up a better base for her company, which was in its stage of infancy. The company would become known as Ortega Electronics, and it was what her and Armando had been working on for the past two years as she created smaller and faster processors whole reverse engineering existing technology. Her main product, however, would be a lighter and cheaper and yet better graphics card that she spent almost all of her money producing the prototypes for. It was boom or bust, and she would release the card just before her eighteenth birthday.

The Ortega 1260, as it was known, would become a top seller. The company’s wealth skyrocketed, and the pair of teenagers that had worked on setting up the company found themselves swamped in media attention as their profits went up by hundreds of percents. The stock went on the market shortly afterwards and was one of the hottest ones out there, with Mariel moving from the basement into a fancy office in suburban Baton Rouge. She made TV appearances, appeared in magazine interviews, and more, and she always attributed her success to sticking to her guns and relying on her own intelligence even when what she was trying to do was considered impossible.

And then the feds came. The FBI raided her office and dragged her out kicking and screaming, wrestling a homemade rifle away from her in the process. By the time she was turning twenty, she was thrown into a cell and told that she was being investigated for cooking the books using an advanced and complicated computer algorithm, which of course was the reason behind the astonishing growths that she presented to investors. As it turned out, she wasn’t one step ahead of everyone this time, and even after making bank after the launch of her company’s flagship graphics card, she had to pay just about all of the money back to pay investors their money and pay legal fees. It seemed like she was headed straight to prison, her company folding after flying too close to the sun. Armando was nowhere to be found. But instead, she received an offer from some people that thought her powers would be wasted in prison, and she signed on the dotted line.

Anything to avoid being locked up, really.

Skills: Mariel is a competent computer engineer when it comes to the hardware side of things and is very good with hardware in general. Welding, soldering, bolting, she can do all of it with ease. She’s also an amateur gunmaker, and she’s been honing this craft over the last years to get on the level of someone that could make weapons designs as a professional. You could also consider one of her main skills to be her quick thinking and ability to learn new skills faster than others.
Flaws: As referenced with her nickname, Mariel has the tendency to fly too close to the sun. To be too confident in her abilities and too… Reckless and emotional, despite her obvious intelligence. She’s book smart, but being life smart is something that just hasn’t come to her yet.

Aditional Info: She’s replacing my other characters.
don't tread on me

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:15 pm

Another character avoiding prison by going to hero school.

But neat.

Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 06, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spaceania » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:14 pm

I might participate if i think of a Character though 3 random questions that might already be answered but i dont feel like searching 42 pages for
1. Does the power have to come naturally? If so it wont effect me to much
2. Im not the best RPer and this would be a learning experience. If i need some more experience anything to help with practice would be greatly appreciated!
3. Is there such thing as a school council in this? Lol probably completely of topic of the rps purpose so im kinda expecting a no
Thanks in advance!
A bunch of Canadian astronaut's who decided for some reason they wanted independence.Im also the president of the Union of Liberal Nations

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Spaceania wrote:I might participate if i think of a Character though 3 random questions that might already be answered but i dont feel like searching 42 pages for
2. Im not the best RPer and this would be a learning experience. If i need some more experience anything to help with practice would be greatly appreciated!
3. Is there such thing as a school council in this? Lol probably completely of topic of the rps purpose so im kinda expecting a no
Thanks in advance!

1: Do you mean does the character have to be born with the power? Not really, it can be acquired through tech or it can develop later in life.
2: There's some newer players here and the posting requirements aren't that strict, you should be perfectly fine learning the ropes here.
3: I don't think there is but I'm not the OP, you would have to ask Cy. I don't think it's really a big enough academy to have things like councils and clubs and all of that. There's no students other than the ones that you see listed in this thread.
don't tread on me

Wysten
Minister

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:59 pm

Tag
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 06, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spaceania » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:08 pm

Forest State wrote:
Spaceania wrote:I might participate if i think of a Character though 3 random questions that might already be answered but i dont feel like searching 42 pages for
Thanks in advance!

1: Do you mean does the character have to be born with the power? Not really, it can be acquired through tech or it can develop later in life.
2: There's some newer players here and the posting requirements aren't that strict, you should be perfectly fine learning the ropes here.
3: I don't think there is but I'm not the OP, you would have to ask Cy. I don't think it's really a big enough academy to have things like councils and clubs and all of that. There's no students other than the ones that you see listed in this thread.

Thanks for the reply!
1. Ok thanks!
2. Ok good i will read a little bit on the basics of rp then most likely join
3. Oh ok well i guess its not everyone who has a power so the student count would be small
A bunch of Canadian astronaut's who decided for some reason they wanted independence.Im also the president of the Union of Liberal Nations

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:09 pm

Forest State wrote:
Thanks in advance!

Mutants are born with latent powers

Enhanced gain powers through experimentation or tech

Gifted use magic or cosmic events to get power

Forest covered it pretty well, and no, there is no school council. (unless you count the entire student body, I guess)

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:35 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
Forest State wrote:1: Do you mean does the character have to be born with the power? Not really, it can be acquired through tech or it can develop later in life.

Forest covered it pretty well, and no, there is no school council. (unless you count the entire student body, I guess)

Direct democracy go?
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:37 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
The Cyberiad Council wrote:

Direct democracy go?

More like a benevolent dictatorship, mixed in with anarchy.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:38 pm

I'll start making the Mariel for Student President campaign posters
don't tread on me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse