NATION

PASSWORD

Voyage Through the Multiverse (Ended) [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:15 pm

Menschenfleisch wrote:The Great Wizarding Rebellion

Kiara and Skye met Link before Miria, taking note of the Hylians who he was speaking to. Whereas Kiara was preoccupied, attempting to identify the unique biological characteristics of Link's species, Skye took a moment to approach the boy. She sat down beside him, trying to gauge his mood. He didn't really have an expression, really. Truth be told, he didn't seem to express any emotions at all. "Helluva coincidence that those two came from the same universe as you. Same species and time period, too. Heh... they're your fans, even. I haven't gotten an opportunity to speak with you yet, so this is as good a time as any." She handed him one of Kiara's fruit, glistening as if glazed with fat and nectar. "Looks like you've been at this 'hero' thing for longer than me. I mean, that word is kind of conceited, but it's what we get called, so..."[/p] she slapped her hands on her knees. [color=#008000]"Whaddya gonna do?" She cleared her throat, composing her words. She was able to speak at breakneck speed and she had done when she'd nearly burst Miria's eardrums, but she still hesitated in conversation, lacking the confidence to say what she wanted to say as quickly as she could've. "I don't want to kill people. I don't have family back home, but I know that Kiara does. How do you decide who gets to live and who has to die? How do you justify choosing yourself over the other guy over and over again?"

“Let me tell you something, Skye. I don’t kill people. And the things I do kill, they get reincarnated eventually. Dragmire’s Dark World forces are created by dark magic, and this sword” Link reached to his side and drew the Master Sword, then set it down on the wooden table before the woman. “Was forged to slay them. The others that wielded it before me had a lot of weight to bear, and I'll be honest, so do I. As for the answers to your questions, I just let fate take its course.”

It was silent for a few seconds, then Mason stepped forwards.
“There’s something I need to tell you. I know it's not the right time or place, but this might be the only time I can tell you. Link, Clarice and I are your great grandparents. Yes, I know, quite a shock, I’m sure. You see, your great grandmother and I were rifted here at the age of twenty five, a few months after your grandfather was born. Your great uncle, my brother, raised your grandfather until he met your grandmother at the age of twenty two. A year later, your father was born, he met your mother at the age of sixteen, and you were born four years later. And here you stand before me now at seventeen years of age. With a lot more scars than when I last saw you. The two of us have been rifting back and forth between here and Hyrule, but we’re too old now to travel, so we merely stay here and watch over these grounds.”

Mason motioned for Link to get up and follow him into another room.

“I want to give you something. I’ve been holding onto it for a long while now. I’m too old for proper magic, but I reckon this will serve you well.” The elderly Hylian walked up to a glass case and unlocked it with a golden key, then picked up an old tome, brushed the dust from the cover, then handed it to Link.
“That, is something Aengus gave to me long ago.”

The man watched his great grandson open the tome to a random page, his cerulean eyes darting back and forth as he silently read what was written. “It’s in Hyrulean.”

“Yes. I was surprised myself, but take note of who wrote this.” Mason stepped up to the book and pointed to a section on the page. “You recognize that name, don’t you?”

Link looked down at the paragraph again, then nodded. “How did you even acquire this?”

“Like I said, Aengus gave it to me when I first arrived here. He said it belonged to an ancestor of mine and that someone I knew would need it someday. I suppose the person that made this was the Hero of Time, and that ‘someday’ is now.”

Mason walked over to a weapons rack and picked up a staff, then turned to face Link. “Draw that sword of yours, boy, the day you were born I told your father that I would fight you someday, and that day is now.”

Link made as if to draw the Master Sword but then didn’t. “Won’t I hurt you though?”

Mason shook his head. “No! I’m tougher than I look! Go ahead, strike at me!”

Link waited a second, then drew Evil’s Bane and took a step forward, then ducked as his great grandfather swung the staff at his head. “You’ve got to be quicker than that! I might be old but I can still fight! Don’t hold back.”

The Hero of Twilight stood up, eyed the man before him, then nodded, flipped the glowing blade around in his hand, then his grandfather was swinging the staff at him again. This time, he blocked it, sending the old man back a few steps. “Yes! That's it!”

Then several birds flew into the room and then left it via the door they had entered from. The magical candles lining the walls flickered and some even went out.

“Do you feel that? Some sort of arua?” Mason took a few steps forward, holding his staff out in front of him, then half turned and motioned for Link to follow him.

The two ended up before an old door and Mason opened it. “This is a safe room. See those two doors near the back? They lead to two rooms, the right door leads to the kitchens, the left one to the latrine. They’re only openable from this side, however, they can be unlocked with this key.” The man held up the same golden key he had used to unlock the tome case and handed it to Link, who took it.

“Now, I need you to promise me something. Those three women that are here with you, you protect them with your very life. You’re capable of that, aren’t you?”

Link nodded. “Yes sir, I can do that.”

Masson gave a warm smile. “Good. Now, you stay here while I get the others. Under no circumstances do you follow me, it is simply too dangerous, even for you.”

“Then why are you going back?”

“Because someone has to.”

Mason left the weapons room and Link waited for a few seconds, then silently followed his great grandfather down the hall, noting that the feeling of the magical energy in the air was growing stronger with every passing second.

Mason was talking to a strange woman when Link stepped into the main hall. A Raven flew across the room and landed on his left shoulder, then the woman spoke to him of ‘being another incarnation’

“What do you mean by that?” Link took a step forward as Mason spun around, his green eyes widening.

“Link! What are you doing? I told you to stay in the weapons room!”

“You told me to protect them, and I can’t do that if I’m not here.” Link stepped in front of Skye, Kiria, and Miria, then reached to his side and drew Evil’s Bane again, the blade seemed to be on fire, as if the spirit within sensed danger. “Who are you and what do you want?”
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:48 pm

The Great Wizarding Rebellion
Rock of Cashel

The woman raised her hands up. "Hey now, is that how you treat a guest? I just came to see you all before my friends do is so." She explained. "As for your other incantations well that is a bit complicated to say. But in sure there are different versions of you that I'm aware of, both are radically different from each other."

The woman would walk close to Link. Once she was close she reached out and touch the blade. "So this is the master sword. I can feel the spirit within it reacting to my presence. It thinks I'm a threat." She looked at Link. "Do you think I'm a threat boy?" The woman questioned.

The crow on Link's shoulder caw loudly on his ear. The woman let go of the blade. "I most say I find it endearing that you won't to protect these ladies like they were fair maidens. But we both know that they are far from defenseless now." She gave him a smirk. "You know heroes don't also raise their blade to a woman as well right?" She said in a teasing tone.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:41 pm

The Great Wizarding War | Skye and Kiara

"Oh my fucking god, Link. Keep it in your pants and stop trying to whitenight us." Skye stepped ahead of him, giving him a sidelong, derisive glance. Circe was, perhaps, the most imposing individual they'd met thus far. She absolutely exuded relevance, as well as an indefinite aura of power. In fact, it was actually fairly difficult for Skye to open her mouth in the first place, for there was a great pressure emanating from Circe that seemed to be pushing her back. She was, apparently, paralyzed by awe. "I'm not going to apologise for killing your men..." She stated rather flatly. She kept her hands by her sides, however, still covered in blood. A few droplets fell to the earth below her, annihilating the grass around her feet for several feet. She briefly flexed her macrodermis, creating a wave of 'skin' that travelled up the length of her body, as if a fractal distortion had passed over her from bottom to top. It wasn't entirely an aesthetic choice, she'd also done it in order to redistribute a few scales to her forearms and face in the hopes that if a fight broke out, she'd already have a suit of armour on. "But I wish I could apologise to them." She pulled a malformed eye from her still mostly empty socket, rolling it between her fingers like a booger before crushing it in her hand. Her fist glowed brightly, and a great flame erupted from between her fingers, briefly forming a pyre of odorless, heatless, smokeless flame. "Look, I'm gonna be candid with you. That power you mentioned is The Spark. It feeds on narratives, and people are chock full of stories to tell. I need to feed it with lives; otherwise it'll go out, and my own universe will run out of relevance all at once. Then, poof. It'll all be gone. It can be transferred, but only if the recipient kills the original owner after establishing both parties as a hero and a villain respectively. So, if I refuse to play the part of the bad guy, nobody's going to inherit it." She was being awfully candid, wasn't she? She was revealing a great deal of information to Circe right off the bat. Did she think that info was inconsequential, or was she trying to build a rapport?

Skye smirked, picking at her fingernails. It was none of those things. "You keep talking about 'rehab' and 'new homes'. What are you, an arbiter of morality? You're a fucking womanchild, living out a dream of being the 'proselytising hero' with the power to 'fix' the world by ridding it of 'evildoers' and whatever else you don't like. It's a basic fantasy, one that neckbeards on the Internet fantasise about whenever they hear a story about some man killing kittens, and get really angry, wishing that they had the power to wipe scum like that off the planet. Let me guess, you were born this powerful and never had to grow up like your subordinates? Those guys, the ones taking people like me on with guns and knives, they're the real heroes. They are the bricks and mortar that hold your world together, and you're a roof tile that deluded itself into thinking that the rest of the house existed solely to hold it up." She was aware of the fourth wall, after all. In fact, the existence of such things as narrative throughlines, protagonists and antagonists were commonly accepted truths in her home universe. As such, she wasn't seized up by existential dread like Jacquelyn. She'd lived with that truth her whole life. She formed a bench of scales beneath herself and sat down on... herself? She offered one of the golden fruit to Circe, smiling rather casually. "You didn't come here to fight, or even to gather information. So why? Did you just want to make conversation? Definitely a classic villainous trait." Kiara stepped forward, examining Circe all over. She didn't appear to have any weapons on her, but judging by the fact that she'd waltzed in here without any protection whatsoever, she was probably more than capable of holding her own in a fight, even when she was entirely unarmed. "What are your soldiers doing here, even? You burst into that castle with flashbangs and guns, not even bothering to ask the residents to come with you peacefully. You could've saved thirteen lives that way, you know?" "Or maybe you just don't care about your minions. Don't worry, you can tell the truth. It's not as if we'll tattle on you anyway."

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:06 pm

Rock of Cashel

Miria clacked her heels together and balled her hands into fists. "The only home I'm going to is the one far away from this reality, with my Mistress.", She said. She kept her head turned just slightly down, her eyes fixed forward; she was looking towards the woman, but not at her. Her lips curled back, as Miria began to "smile" a threatening smile. "Just what kind of new home are you speaking of, Human? Every time your kind try to relocate others, bad things happen."

Miria swung her arms out again. "Who even are you?"

Though she try trying to appear more threatening, Miria still took a step back to stand near Kiara and Skye, finding the much stronger girls to provide a sense of security. She didn't want to admit it, but that strange woman worried her. Her appearance and aura and everything screamed "magic-user" to her, like a Warlock from back home, or a Human Psion. She wasn't going to steal Miria for herself, was she? The thought made her shudder. Her little remarks about new homes and her being adorable creeped her out.
Last edited by Rostavykhan on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:57 am

Rock of Cashel

When Skye mentioned she was not going to apologize for killing her men right in front of her face Circe was rather surprised she would say that right in front of her face, she had to admire her ballsy attitude. However she wish she can apologize to the dead instead. The woman was going steal might help with that request but she said nothing after seeing her remove her own malform eye and crushing it. The second reason was because she began to explain her powers.

"A narrative based reality warping power? Most intriguing." She said as she warp one arm around her chest while placing her curled pointer finger on her chin, thinking more on the mechanics of the Spark. "How did this Spark came to be? What made it and have you ever tried to find alternative means to keep it alight?"  The woman was surprised she was willing to share this information. But after hearing how it can transfer she can understand why she was so candid about the Spark.

These thoughts would come to a halt when Skye began to question her motives, calling her a villain. The woman brought her arms done as she gave Skye a cold look. "I'm not Arbiter, I will let him deal with that mess. But one of the reasons I'm away from home is to find new worlds that can be a healthy home should my world come to an end. Also while I'm not in charge of the ethics committee or medical department I can still help people by more...exotic means." She was vague by what he means by exotic.

"I suppose you can say I was born powerful, but that is irrelevant. You are right that the soldiers, researchers, engineers, bureaucrats and thaumaturges are vital for my organization, but you git my role in it mixed up. I am the support beams that make sure the structure doesn't collapse under its own weight." When Skye offered an apple the woman looked at it wearily. She would flick her fingers and the apple would float up. "Like I said, I wanted to meet you all because I can be patient for gathering useful information from you all and I rather prefer not to cause a fight as that will ge a minor inconvenience on my end." The woman coldly explained.

When Kiara asked why her soldiers came in with guns blazing and throwing flashbangs like they were going out of style. "That wasn't my order. If it was the people who saw would have been different. That other person felt that method was the best." When Miria asked who she was the woman seem to realize she never have them her name. "You can call me Circe.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:27 pm

The Great Et Cetera | Poorly Thought Out Plan and Inconsistently Characterised Character Whose First Action In The Entire Arc Was Retconned A Mere Three Posts Later

"Tsk. Don't get greedy. Remember, you were the one who wanted to talk to us. I'm not telling you jack shit unless I want to."

"D'aww, did you hear that guys? Liddle widdle kid-shooter here doesn't want us to call her a villain! How can someone who annihilates innocent people for their own self interest be a villain? It just makes no sense!" Skye smirked and put her arms behind her head. "Those guys you sent? Their equipment was kid shit. And yet, look at you. You're using tech that's centuries ahead of anything that they were carrying. You're practically invincible, and yet, you're still using other people to do your dirty work. But you know what? You're not a coward. You're just a fucking joke."

"Exotic means? Now, that's a comforting euphemism if I've ever heard one. As for being one of your organisation's support beams, well, I'm sure that a real beam would actually support their allies, rather than throwing them to the wolves and talking to people who want them dead. Don't you have anything better to do? Honestly, talking with you is just a chore." This was good. This was really, really good. Circe was already getting defensive, and in doing so, revealing more information than Skye ever could've gleaned just by asking her up front. Still, she wasn't sure just how actionable this intel was. Apparently, Circe was a rather important member of her organisation, which itself was exceptionally large. It was probably inadvisable to be picking fights with these people, but the overwhelming scale of AEGIS was a good thing. Skye was so small and insignificant that it was unlikely they'd ever make a real effort to track her down if she simply packed up and left.

Skye burst into laughter as Circe told her what her name was, leaning her head back and straightening her spine, putting her hands on her hips. Eventually, she looked back at Circe, smiling quite self-satisfiedly. "Seriously? Circe? Th-... haha, wait, what? Are you seriously comparing yourself to a god? Man, it must take a really, really special kind of person to be that retarded, yet pretentious at the same time." She sighed, looking at Circe's whole body. "Y-... y'know what? Thanks. I'm glad I met you. That's the most- eheh, that's the most fun that I've had today." She appeared before Circe with her hands in her pockets. "Now, I know that you're just stalling. What's the kill method going to be? Snipers? Gas? Artillery and infantry? Doesn't matter. You can be damn sure, for reasons I can't disclose, that you're going to lose every single man involved in the operation. So, why don't you do it yourself? C'mon, hit me." She presented her cheek. "I'm pretty badly injured. One or two hits should be enough to cave my skull in."
Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:56 pm

Mixed Povs
TGWR
Rock of Cashel, Hall of Vicars Choral, Jakel (October) 28th, 2019/1756 A.H.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Skye? That woman who named herself after a god doesn't seem to like you very much. Then again, I'm not liking her very much either. Maybe it's the fact that she commands birds, maybe it's her dress, maybe her attitude, I just don't know what I really don't like about her."

Midna appeared through a Twilight Portal and it closed behind her as the imp did a 360 loop and ended up floating before Link. "Hey there, did you miss me? Granted, it was only for an hour or two, but still. ANyway, those soldiers grouped us all together and put us in these strange metal horseless carriage things that went at least three times the speed of horses, I didn't see where the others were taken because I made a portal and got out of there, and now I'm here. What's really strange, is that the Ganondorf that we saw is another incarnation. Not the one we were fighting against back home. And he said something strange to me, something about not wanting to reveal more than was necessary. He told me that there were at least two timelines. One, where the Hero of Time returned back to his own time and left to go on various adventures; the other, was the timeline that he left. That, is our timeline. Remember? Shade said that he was never truly acknowledged as the one that saved Hyrule?"

Before Link could respond, Midna noticed Circe and went quiet. "...I said too much didn't I."

"Midna, Crice said something about me being another incarnation..."

"Well, yeah, that's what the two timelines thing is. The Dragmire we saw said that his era was the Era of the Great Sea. I told him that I had never heard of that era, and of course, he hadn't heard of ours either. Which means that hero of that era is probably somewhere else."

SotE; Post meeting and after Malachor V

"How long has it been?" Link tried to not sound bored out his mind as he unconsciously shifted in the back of the Loftwing fighter.

"I don't know." The ship started rattling as Doug gazed down at the center console. "Uh...That's not normal." Then looked up as a portal appeared around the back end of the Loftwing. It then disappeared, taking Link with it. "Just greaattttt.....Well at least I can track where he ends up."

TGWR
Mixed PoVs (this is gonna happen a lot isn't it)

A portal appeared behind Circe and the woman was most likely knocked over as someone flew from the portal into the other room. Moments later, Mason walked back to the kitchens and began speaking to someone. WHo that someone was, Link didn't know. Midna, however, had a thoughtful look on her face. "You know...I thought I saw a certain sword but I'm not sure...Stay here."

Midna flew into the kitchens and found a Hylian that bore a striking resemblance to Link sitting up against a wall, looking slightly out of it. The imp hesitated, then, she got an idea. "...Link?"

The boy's gaze moved around the room until it focused on Midna. "How do you know my name?"

Midna didn't answer right away, instead, she moved her gaze to her friend in the other room, who was looking very on edge. "I...know someone that also goes by your name." The imp motioned for the Hero of Twilight to walk towards her and he did so, after gazing back at Skye and the others.

The other green clad Hylian had gotten up by now and Midna floated backwards a bit and merely watched as the hero she knew met the other. The two of them simply gazed at each other for around ten seconds, then they started wondering how they had even met. The newcomer said something about "portals and that the multiverse itself - yes, we're not alone, there are other worlds out there...And other versions of Hyrule, judging by the fact that we met.", then went on to explain that he had acquired Wisdom shortly after he had been "rifted" - as he called going through portals - and that was the reason why his was of speaking was so strange and informal. He further went on to say that the Hero that was older by two years would also get Wisdom at some point.

"You might as well get used to it. I had to. I'm all for helping you, it's just that we have the same name and all...We can figure that out later. You said there might be a fight?"

"Yes. I'm hoping to avoid one."

"Well then, let's try to stop it."

The two Heroes left the kitchens and stepped into the main hall, then the newcomer turned to face Link and he found that he was greatly amused that the younger Hero had to look up at him.

"Why are there so many birds?"

"...I have no idea."
Last edited by Skylus on Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:14 am

Secrets of the Raven | Jacquelyn

"Jesus dicks, this took a long time to make, didn't it? And only one person is ever going to read it, tops. Ah well, you do you."

Jacquelyn rushed onto the scene as soon as Alex began flipping out. She'd been expecting something to happen ever since she'd finished working on her little project, mostly because she knew that the story had to maintain dramatic tension somehow, and drama/violence was the easiest way to achieve such a thing. She'd been expecting an attack or a containment breach of some sort though, not a full-blown flip out session courtesy of who she'd believed to be the most sane (if patently self centered) member of the team, sans Lilith whom she barely knew. She approached the woman with her hands raised, prepared to duck and run at any moment. "Woah there. You having a breakdown? Don't worry about it, we've all been there." She tried to get a good look at Alex's face. She didn't seem to be under attack. Rather, it appeared that she'd just had a very, very bad phone call. "You doing alright? I can call an ambulance, if you want. But, hey, try not to break anything. Liz is still in here, and I'm sure you don't want all your work to go to waste." It was getting increasingly hard to maintain stable footing. If she kept this up, the whole lab would be going down in no time.
Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:33 pm

Secrets of the Raven
Lludw Cigfrain- Wales, United Kingdom
Ashwood Manor

Alex barely registered Jackie's presence at first, the witch flinging a bolt of lightning at the dark spectre only her eyes can see. "You're gonna have to try harder than me." The shadow mocked as the bolt went through her, passing through the spectre with no sign of damage as it faded into the shadows.

"We know you can fight me you bloody coward so how about you grow a pair and come down and fight!" Alex shouted, more sparks flying off her body ad the room's temperature dropped. In any normal state Alex would have noticed Jackie by now and would have acted normal in front of her. In this state when Jackie saw her face the lich jumped back, screaming in surprise as she raised her hands to fire a bolt of lightning, stopping at the nick of time when she saw who it was.

"Jackie? When did you get here?" The witch asked as she seem to be coming out of a daze. Alex can tell that she heard everything and saw her losing her mind. She knew that there was no excuse she can make to get out of this. Alex sighed as she looked tired. "No, I don't need an ambulance. What I have can't be treated so easily by a visit to the hospital." She refuses to look at Jackie in fear of seeing her judgemental gaze on her.

The two would hear someone running towards them and soon would ser Elizabeth rushing in. "What the hell happened?" Elizabeth shouted. Elizabeth saw the fact that Jackie was still very much in one piece and Alice and that her mother seemed to have returned back to normal. More importantly, the temperature was slowly heartening back up and the flames were nlw behaving normally.

The fluids in the womb were still producing thin wisps of steam but the body within was safe. "I'm sorry you two. I lost control of myself." Alex looked up at the two, eyes showing sorrow. "I let my shadow toy with me and put you two in danger. I'm so sorry."

Elizabeth walked up to the smaller witch and placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's fine mom. I don't blame you for lashing out on that thing. Just next time try not to let it's words get to you." The older witch fidget on her spot. "You make it sound so easy but it knows every way to get under my skin. That thing is..." she almost said t was her but she stopped. Even after all these years she knows that while distorted it was still a part of her. But a part of her still refuse to accept that it was.

Elizabeth moved her hand from her shoulder to her mother head, patting it. "I know. But right now we need you to get your mind on something else before it decides to try anything." Elizabeth would fish through her pockets and take out the vial. "I got the vial we need. How about you set up the ritual spot and I will be there shortly."  Alex nodded and took the vial. She looked at the two one last time before she walked off to prepare the ritual space.

Once Alex was gone Elizabeth would turn to Jackie. "Shit I was hoping you didn't see that." She scratched the back of her head. "Look I won't munch words. My mother has a split personality inside of her that is basically all of the darkest parts of her psyche mix together and distorted. Pretty much all wraiths suffer with these darker personalities. They call them shadows." Elizabeth explained, the witch feel anxious on revealing such a secret like this to Jackie and worry about her reaction.

"How they are made is a bit complicated but I need you to keep this incident a secret. I can't have everyone else knows what happened. Not only because I don't want to embarrass my mom any further with this mess but I don't want the others to think she will go nuts in the middle of the mission. Just promise me that you won't tell anyone about this." She was silent for a few seconds before adding. "And during your lessons promise me if it seems like she is going to go off try to bring her back to reality.." The witch requested. She prayed that the worst won't come from this.

[u]The Great Wizarding Rebellion
Rock of Cashel/u]

The woman was giving the spark lighters a baleful glare as she mocked her. The woman wanted to teach the brat a lesson about respect, unusual reality warping powers or not. Yet she can feel that was a trap. Yes, this girl would want her to attack. Not only would she be walking into a trap she had place but it would be proving her point. The woman was almost impressed with what was going on. Clever, she had to admit the girl was clever but she wasn't clever enough to trick a being like herself.

Still the temptation of just giving a small tap was there as she mocked her name, the small smirk that barely appeared for a few seconds vanished. When she asked for the killing method the woman said. "Well I can reveal that now? That would be cheating. Not only would I be cheating you and my allies by revealing that but also this whole game we are playing. But I will say that this time we have learned our lesson and won't take you people so lightly." 

Circe gave her a smirk. "I could hit you but why deny the relatives of those who yiu and your friend murder the chance to get revenge?" As she began to chuckle rather menacingly. The woman would stop when she felt something amiss in the room. 

When the portal open she didn't react on time as something pushed her aside. Falling face first pain was the first to greet her as well as the floor. "What the hell just happened?" the woman though as she placed her arms on the floor and left her upper body up to sed the two elves that knocked her over.

The fact she was taken by surprise was bad enough but now she was being ignored by them, that was enough to irritate her. Without saying a word she commanded the crows and ravens to attack the group. The birds all caw before flying off the floor and flying straight towards the group.

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:48 pm

”Heh, what? Alternate ‘dark self’? I thought that one of those would show up sooner or later, but I didn’t think the mom character would be the host to it. You know, fuck tropes like that. I think that having dark, alt-personalities is just a moralistic cop out that people write into their stories because it’s easier to pretend that our ‘undesirable’ impulses are separate from us. It betrays a naive yearning for a state of humanity where everyone is made of sunshine, rainbows and lollipops. I once thought that I was the one who was gonna get a split personality. I used to be really torn between my past and my present, you know? I thought that every time I yearned to return to my ‘home’ or to do what Kyle said, that was my ‘alter ego’ speaking when really, I was just afraid of the fact that those desires came from me, and me alone. Everyone yearns for stability, and I had to fight against complacency in order to assert myself as something independent from the image that Kyle had in his head that he desperately wanted me to be. Now, though, I’m not so sure that I won the battle. In fact, I don’t even know if it was a battle in the first place, considering just how unbelievably smart he was. God, remember him? Kyle was like a man standing in a room full of clocks, each counting down toward midnight at different speeds. Each clock represented a timeline, and he could only follow the hands of one clock at a time. But, he could jump from clock to clock, so long as their minute hands were pointing at the same number when he jumped. And, if he was looking at a clock when its hour hand struck twelve, then that would spell the end of his life. I guess in this analogy, each clock would represent a timeline, and every time Kyle made a decision, he jumped from one clock to another. That game you may or may not have been a part of, I remember all of that happening, but not when. I’m lost, adrift in an ocean of narrative that dwarfs e in size. I have no powers, no stakes in the conflict, no real goals or anything to lose. This whole story has been me losing things. I’ve nothing left to give except my own life. Maybe I’ll die down there, in those mines. I would be pretty much okay with that, actually. My author has clearly run out of ideas for me, and to be honest, I’ve gotten pretty sick of existing too. I don’t feel that same animalistic instinct to stay alive that most people do.”

“I know you won’t speak until it’s your turn. Even if the authors try to retcon your dialogue back into this conversation, I’ll remember the original version: the one where I rambled to myself and waved my arms around at an apparently motionless, speechless audience. Do you remember Sayaka? Is she still ‘canon’, or has she been wiped off the face of the planet? I know she’s still in your head, Lizzy. We’re all characters; we all know that we’re in a story, it’s just that you aren’t supposed to break character like I’m supposed to. It’s like Deadpool on the silver screen: even when he’s ‘breaking the fourth wall’ he’s still playing the part of a character. The difference between him and us, though, is that we aren’t actors. Once we stop playing our parts, there’s nothing left. We are our roles. Our story is our reality, even when we acknowledge its nonexistence. Does that make sense? It does to me, but, I know that my author - and me by extension - have a hard time articulating these things. I know you’ll probably be forced to act in character, and the authors will almost certainly make you dismiss this as some weirdo’s ramblings like they always do, but… if there’s anything after this - if there’s anything left of us after our story has been told - I want you to know this. Liz, I consider you to be my friend. Please don’t die. I mean... it's not as if you're going to die, since you're the protagonist, but... fuck. Hey, does Branwhrn have Burger King?”

“...We were talking about your mother, right?”

“Look, don’t worry about it, you daft little shit. Of course I won’t tell: I’m only here because you and Alex are permitting me to stay. Plus, I doubt the shadow would give much of a shit about me if it ever were to take control. It’d be like if Voldemort decided to start stamping on ants and strangling rabbits one day.”

The Great Wizarding Rebellion | Kiara and Skye

”Oh please. Your men were dead either way: if I hadn't gotten them, then some other bump in the night would've.”

There was a great commotion from up above and all around, an endless screeching and squawking that reverberated throughout the ruins that shook Skye to her bones. The birds- dear god, the birds! How hadn’t she seen it earlier? She dropped her confident facade, wiped the broad smirk off her face and presented the tips of her forearms’ scales, ruffling and unfurling them like a peacock’s train. She shimmered like the surface of the ocean as she stepped in front of Kiara, who shuddered and retreated, hunching herself over like a thief trying to escape the constables’ search. Perhaps Skye’s excessive candour and Blase attitude had resulted in this outcome, or maybe it had been those green-clothed boys. Whatever the reason, a great black flock was converging upon them from every direction. ”Explosive, non-thermal.” Skye murmured. “Concussive, slow.” Kiara returned. Immediately, the two had sat down, their hands a flurry between them. Frankly, it would’ve been quite easy for them to outrun the birds: they could sprint for at least a dozen miles, a pace great enough to escape the birds’ view many times over. However, it was an unspoken - and patently obvious - rule that they would not allow their allies to come to harm. Kiara pulled the case off her back and undid its brass latches. Her dartgun did not contain any propelling mechanism, instead, like modern ballistics, the missiles that it fired provided their own thrust.

One component that the darts contained was a miniaturised fusion reactor. However, they were not in the business of wiping mountains off the map. They were after something much, much less dangerous. She disassembled one of the darts, extracting a flat membranous disc formed of silicon and plated with iridium, the electrolysing device which the device used to extract hydrogen from water. Meanwhile, Skye shaped her skin into a bowl, forming a hollow sphere out of her macrodermal scales. It started off looking like a boil on her arm, and then like a bulging pustule. After that, it escaped the limits of known biology and grew to be as large as a basketball. The sphere was dark and warm to the touch, and with good reason. Its interior was coated with bulbous sacs formed from translucent skin, similar to that found on the interior of one’s stomach, and each sac contained a concentrated cocktail of blood, lymph and nutrients. There was an opening in its top, with a round, rubbery lump of meat serving as a stopper. Kiara ripped the bulb off Skye’s arm and placed the electrolysing chip in the opening. Getting water was easy: she needed only to dessicate the land around her.

A good fifty square feet of grass withered and died, the very earth beneath them drying and cracking, releasing a deafening snap as all the moisture was ripped from it, annihilating every vestige of life buried within it. 286 kilojoules per mol of water formed, 22,000 cubic centimetres of room to work with. She held the sphere as it filled with oxygen and hydrogen, shifting uncomfortably as it thrummed and squirmed beneath her grip, squelching loudly as it grew, extending little bundles of nervous tissue from the chinks in its armour. She spotted an eye growing beneath one of the scales, its idle iris locking onto hers, staring at her with… love? This ball knew its purpose and its creators. It held no malice toward them for creating it for such a purpose; all it could feel was affection for those who’d provided it an opportunity to feel the sun, and the warmth of their hands.

2,200 mols, 629,200 kilojoules given a best case scenario, seventy one bar of pressure, a trigger pressure of two hundred and twenty three… the din of flapping wings and whistling beaks grew closer and closer, ever encroaching. Kiara pulled the chip out and slammed the plug into place, handing the organic contraption to Skye. The swarm was almost upon them, their wild eyes and oily black feathers glistering under the light. A blanket of scales burst from Skye’s back and she tore it out at its root, handing the bloodstained sheet to Kiara before turning to face the encroaching storm. Kiara, moving as quickly as she could, grabbed Miria and both Links, throwing them to the ground and covering with the garment formed from Skye's dermis. She did not join them under the blanket, instead placing herself on top of it so as to weigh it down. A cacophony of squalls assaulted her ears: they were just about to hit. Skye threw the orb into the air, lobbing it well above her head. It soared through the air and as it reached its zenith, she willed it to trigger.

The organism imploded with tremendous force as every strand of muscle within it contracted, subjecting the gas within its core to unbearable pressure. There was a white conflagration and a sound like a volcanic eruption. Then heat, and a shockwave that sucked all the air out of her lungs. It was a small bomb, all things considered; hardly powerful enough to blow apart a car, and certainly too weak to kill anyone at such a distance. Its payload, however, was a black bilge that stunk of lemons and toothpaste: a sticky, caustic slime that dispersed through the air and formed a dark, almost invisible mist. Yet, its effects were undeniable. The birds that passed through it, the ones attempting to reach Skye and the rest of the group hiding under the blanket, shrieked and burnt. Their skin peeled away and their feathers turned to mush as ulcers enveloped them. Seemingly, there was an invisible tanner flaying the birds alive. They fell to the ground in unseemly heaps, splattering like rotten eggs and emulsifying into an unctuous mixture of blood, bone and vaguely red-tinted effluent. Kiara pulled back the blanket, urging: “Right you daft cunts, it's time to book it!" She hissed.

It had been a good opening gambit, but not a battle-ending one. No doubt, the birds had only been there to distract them while the real capture team moved in. Already, they cottoned onto what had happened and were gathering at the edge of the blood cloud, waiting to swoop in once the group left its protective radius. No doubt, the team's squishier members would soon start developing lesions and rashes if they lingered. Skye ran up to the rest of the team, hopping from foot to foot. "Alright, I'll bite. Does anyone need to be carried?"
Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:59 am, edited 6 times in total.

Demincia
Minister

Founded: Jul 08, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Demincia » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:35 am

Secrets of the Raven
Ashwood Manor
Dawn Elissa

"You'd be surprised how short that list of not knowing is, anyway."

Once again, Dawn had appeared in the back of the room without any warning or indication until she spoke. "Nor is she the only one with such an issue. Remember that your favorite Sister is constantly battling the internal urge to murder everyone she meets. She's had quite a bit more practice at controlling it though, I suspect your mother could learn a thing or two from her."

She leaned her head back against the wall with a slight thud. "Even if I didn't already know about Alex's condition, she told me. Her lesser half doesn't like me very much. I'd wager it's afraid. I sensed its presence when she possessed this mortal form—I'd be a terrible form of transportation if I didn't know who was along for the ride—it's a big fan of guilt. Something your mother has an overabundance of. Especially in regards to you. It was part of the reason I pressed her to stop spectating your life and actually participate. If she forgave herself, then there would be less power over her."
Last edited by Demincia on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Rock of Cashel
Miria

Birds! Birds! Miria hissed and ducked down, as if it would offer some protection from the quickly-descending murderous murder. Why were they following Circe? Why were they attacking her? She was glad to be wearing heavy clothes, for what little protection they may have provided. She quickly grabbed her scarf and began to toss and bundle it around her head, tugging the bottom over her nose.

Suddenly, something grabbed her, right as she was about to jump away. The strength of Kiara far surpassed her own, and so Miria found herself instead being lifted off of the ground, before her weight shifted suddenly, and the sensation of weightlessness made her stomach flip. Miria hit the ground with an audible "oof", with no time to react before the two elven boys were also thrown atop her. While only a few seconds had passed between her being tossed on the ground, covered by Skye's skin, and the crows being annihilated, it felt like an eternity of torture under the stifling weight of her companions. No sooner had the cover come off and Sky and Kiara prepared to run, did Miria scramble from the scene, taking in a breath of fresh air, fixing her glasses, and taking the initiative. She scurried quickly past the two Kalmites on all fours, low to the ground like a lizard, but as soon as she reached the "door" a few meters away, she jumped back up to her feet and began to bounce in a similar manner to Skye. "I'm fine! I'm fine!", She said, nodding her head rapidly. She didn't need to be carried one bit, even if she'd been tossed around. She could handle running away; running fast was her speciality!
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:31 pm

Secrets of the Raven
Lludw Cigfrain- Wales, United Kingdom
Ashwood Manor

Elizabeth rolled her eyes at the reaction Jackie had to the shadow's existence. "I don't care if you feel it cheapens a narrative drama or is a cop out. I would love to argue about how relevant that is in a story or not if it wasn't for the fact that my mom is suffering from that actual trope. Besides while it has a mind of it's own that thing is still a part of her. It only acts out because when she died she was touched by the Abyss, a tragic result of it being entropy itself and all wraiths being strongly linked to entropy." She explained as she went to a shelf and pressed her back against it.

"Don't tell me about humans being utter scum and trash, my line of work sadly makes me see those sort of people and desperate and decent folks pushed into doing terrible things they wouldn't do. Hell I know for certain that I'm capable of doing terrible shit without needing another personality yapping in my head." The witch took out a cigarette as she let out a sigh, her mind recalling a few actions in the past she wasn't particularly proud of.

As Jackie mention Kyle and how he operated through the analogue of clocks and timelines. "Huh? I guess that does fit with how he worked. He probably knew that no matter how many clocks he jumped through he could only avoid his own personal clock reach midnight. But he might as well die on the one timeline he felt was the best possible timeline." With Jackie's confession being afraid of returning back home and that she feels that she will die in the mines due to her author running out of material for her.

"Woah there, Jack. Maybe there is still hope for you. I mean your author must still have some story ideas for you? You wouldn't be taking alchemy lessons and have some chick interested in you if they were done with you. You just need to think more about making the life you want to live by instead of worrying about what Kyle or the author wants. Hell if you stay in this insane asylum of a world long enough your author will have plenty of new material to work with." 

The witch teased but even with the joking tone it was obvious she was trying to reassure Jackie in her own way. As Elizabeth was taking out the zippo lighter Jackie began to talk about how she spoke to a speechless and motionless audience, but what made her stop was when she mentioned Sayaka. The witch seem to be frozen on the spot when those words were uttered. Elizabeth's eyes widen, she can feel her heart beating faster as a fog in her head was parting, vague moving images emerging. 

"Sayaka? Jackie who is Saya...." she trailed off as the bluish blob in her mind was nkw starting to clear up. The blob was in fact a mop of blue hair that belong to a young girl with the same color of eyes as is her hair wearing a Japanese school uniform.... No, it was a blue costume that looks as though it came from those magical girl animes... right? No it was both! She was both of those things... was she.

Elizabeth felt an intense pain shot from her head, the witch dropping the lighter and cigarette as she clutched to her forehead. She was now starting to recall more about the blunette. Meeting her on Potter's Field, her optimistic desire to be a hero and her making fun of her for it even if made her endearing. Her power to heal people from the brink of death and her power to summon swords. Elizabeth would strain out "Blueberry? I... I remember... her. But..." 

As her mind went back to Potter's Field she remember red lighting hitting the water tower. From there she recall meeting a Chinese man who was using a fake name until she revealed the truth from him, a homunculus name... "Greed..." she uttered out.

The witch would scream out in pain as the migraine grew worse, she fell to her knees as more memories began to flood into her mind. She remembered the roguish monster hunter Trevor and the two gangsters from America, Ryder and Lamar. She even remembered meeting a man in a terribly called armor called simply the Ranger and a strange pair of brothers who came with Madi she recall were called Janus and Midas. She even remembered meeting a witch back in Club Midnight 

She was remembering all of them, it was though a veil that was in her mind was now parting to reveal what it was hiding from her. "Sayaka... Greed... Trevor... Ryder... Lamar... Ranger... Janus... Midas..." she uttered those names almost like a machine playing back the monotone recording of a bored inventor testing if their machine was working. A mantra that she recite in fear that she would forget the words and their meaning. 

When she looked up at Jackie the former pyromaniac would see that Elizabeth's eyes were bloodshot, tears streaming down on her cheeks. A bloody leak can be seen dropping out from her nostrils and leaking out from her ears. "I remember them Jackie. I remember them all." She said as her eyes now began to look more desperate.

"I remember Sayaka healing you after I beat the shit out of you or the fact Greed tried to pretend he was some bloody tourist. How Ryder and Lamar pretty much stick out like a sore thumb and how those two crashed in Tim's place while me and Trevor acted like proper detectives. I remember Madi coming in with two brothers and that bloody weirdo who called himself the Ranger who claimed to have fought against hell and an outer god while wearing a garish armor." 

She began to shake as she played back all of the previously surpassed memories in her mind.

"I let Greed and Ranger do their own thing. Trevor and the gang bangers went off to search for clues on a cursed paint brush. The brothers were in the other apartment during the attack. Sayaka was in the Drinking Crow because she was too young to go to Club Midnight." She said in a fast manner. "But after that everything just fades away. What happened to them Jacquelyn? Why did I forget about them! Why did they disappear!?" She shouted, her voice cracking in desperation as not only did she lose people in the group but even lost memory of their existence.

She looked down at the ground as she gripped her arms tightly, if her cost and shirt sleeves weren't in the way she would have scratched deeply on her skin. "I promised them that I would help them find their way home. I was supposed to keep them safe until than. But I failed." She cried out. "I couldn't even protect a bloody child who was living in my apartment. One that I warded for fuck sakes!" 

Elizabeth would be silent, only a few sniffles could be heard coming from her. But soon Jackie would hear an odd sound coming from Elizabeth. She would hear her giggling. Indeed, she would her stifled giggles but gradually they got louder. Just as she was going to ask if she was already Elizabeth would throw her head back and began to laugh uncontrollably.

Music

Elizabeth would have a renewed stream of tears as she kept cackling like a launtic. "Congratulation Lizzy! You finally graduation from getting people killed to have them disappear from existence! This is a much greater improvement than the others who just die or walk out of your life." She said before resuming with her laughter, this time Jackie can hear her voice cracking as she laughed as what sounded like a sobbing was mixed with it.

"I gave them a false hope of going home and returning to their lives. Because of me Sayaka can never see her friends or be the heroine of justice that she wanted to be. Trevor will never see his girlfriend and the others will never return back to their friends and families. You not only let them down but everyone who loved and knew them you bloody idiot!" She howled in her sorrowful mad fit.

"That new freak of a witch and those crazy yankee family had the right idea to bail on me. Kyle was both crazy and desperate enough to stay with me and now he is rotting six feet underground being skullfucked by maggots. My mom, bless her soul,  is stuck with me because I'm her flesh and blood and even then she kept her distance from me for a while. Maybe she should have never approached me." Elizabeth slowly moved her head down to look at Jackie. She was giving her painfully forced grin as she still kept crying. "If you want you can leave too Jacquelyn. You don't need to endanger yourself by being around me." 

When Dawn made her presence known the witch became silent once more, her face became downcast. Jackie can only see the bangs of her hair covering her eyes. "Overabundance of guilt huh? Guess the apple didn't fall of the tree there huh?" She let put a hoarse and weak chuckle. The witch would return back to silence shortly after the chuckle.

It was unknown what was going through her head at the moment but just as the two thought that she would be silent until her mom arrive Elizaberh spoke"How long did you knew Dawn? When were you going to tell me about the others? That our group was much larger." The witch began to shuffle her legs as she slowly turns around. When she looked up at Dawn her tear soak, bloodshot eyes gave her a look of intense hatred.

"You know what happened to them didn't you! Why were they erased Dawn!? Who did it!?" She shouted at her. "You can bring them back right or you just don't give a crap to even bother!?" She sneered. The group would hear the sounds of Alex's heel tapping on the floor and sure enough the lich would retith back to see what was happening. When she looked at Elizabeth she looked mortified and rushed over to her daughter.

When she went down to her she grabbed her shoulders and turn her to look at her face. "Elizabeth what happened to you?" The concerned wraith asked. Elizabeth turned her eyes away from her, unsure how to best explain the situation to her mother. How can she tell her that she remembered people who until a few minutes ago she didn't remember and whose existence was erased from this world? Worse how can convince her that she met some of these people?

Rock of Cashel

Music

As the swarm of black feather and the cacophony of screeches and squawks gave away to a bright flash and an explosion. The shockwave and blast of heat would not impact Circe as it would be diverted and curve around her like a flowing river diverting around a rock. Only as the woman stand on her feet there was nothing to protect her, at least nothing visible. As the murder flew into the black burning bile the woman looked at the group with disinterest.

"Cute toy you got there girl. Did your dear old mother bought it for you or was it your father?" She tilted her head slightly to the side. The bodies of the des birds began to seize and shake, blood oozing from their pores. "But I have a few tricks up my sleeves too." The bodies of the birds began to inflate like a balloon until they popped, blood, bone fragments, and pieces of metal and wires flying towards the group. Should the blood hit anything it would begin to melt as the blood acted like corrosive acid.

The remaining birds began to flock to Circe, covering the woman in a black mass. Others began to flock close to her and like with Circe form a black mass on the ground that began to take shape.

As the black shape rose they saw a tall avian humanoid standing before them. It's head was that of a crow but it's teeth had human teeth with elongated canines. It's torse was like that of a muscular human male but covered in feathers. It's legs were that of a bird but design to stand upright while its arms were long dark wings. It's eyes were luminescent and were tinged cooper red, it's eyes were like those of a demon whose very soul was composed of very fires of hell.

With Circe she was now covered by a black armor with purple glowing lines and symbols. The feathers on her coat were now large blades and the coat was now a cloak. Her face was a series of lines and symbols forming a glowing mask. The woman began to elevate off the ground. As she thrust her open palm forward the bike began to disintegrate before the group into black ash.

The crow screeched as it began to charge towards the group. Circe conjured several rifts where people wearing the same gas mask and body armor that accompanied Johann began to swarm in the room. "All of this could have been avoided if you all just cooperated. But alas, you all forced my hand. It doesn't matter much. You all will provide both valuable data and entertainment either way. Perhaps you all resisting me was for the best after all? It will make this experiment far more genuine in its results."

Skylus
Negotiator

Crazy Bird Lady Hype

Postby Skylus » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:39 pm

WW Link
TGWR
Rock of Cashel, Hall of Vicars Choral, Jakel (October) 28th, 2019/1756 A.H.

Link, for once, was not in a good mood. To him, it had only been two hours since he had woken up from his ordeal on Malachor V, and now he was here, under attack by demonic birds. Demonic birds that were now bombs, and not only that, a bird had hit the Mirror Shield and it now was damaged. And there was this demon bird thing staring at him. And armored soldiers. And not to mention whatever had just happened with the darts and...whatever that thing had been. He supposed his reaction was adequate.
"I'd like to say that I'm fazed by this, but I'm not. I could say the reason is what happend with GLADIUS, what happened with that thing, Czernobog, what happened back home..."

He glanced at the demon bird thing for a second before looking back at Skye and Kiria - Miria was bouncing up and down just like Syke was and he shook his head before looking towards Circe.
"I'm not going to fight you. I just want to talk, though I suppose you're past that, aren't you. Seems like it, considering you have that demon thing and now you're like this and you brought those soldiers in."

The fifteen year old Hylian moved his gaze back to the demon bird thing for a few seconds and then back to Circe again.
"Look, I'm sorry I hit you when I was rifted here. I can't exactly control when and where I show up, you know, the MUPD hasn't come up with that technology yet, as I'm sure you're aware. I guess you're going to capture us now, which is fine and all, but I'd prefer if you didn't give him a heart attack or something."

It was then Link noticed that the older Hero was gone, along with the two elderly Hylians. He looked around for a few moments, then shook his head.
" I don't know where he ran off to, could be in one of the back rooms..."

Link risked looking back towards the kitchens and then moved his gaze back to Circe.
"I do have one thing to say, though. I, did not attack you. He, did not attack you. Nor Miria, or Kiria, or even Skye. I don't know what sort of experiment you're talking about, but I want no part in it."

Demincia
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Demincia » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:45 pm

Secrets of the Raven
Ashwood Manor
Dawn Elissa

Dawn rolled her eyes at the emotional display. "You ask me all of these questions like you keep consistently forgetting who I am. I always knew. I knew before it happened, I know what's going to happen to you. I know what your last words will be before you even say them. The moment I arrived here and connected your timestream to myself, I became aware of everything. This isn't the first time I've told you this either, but you'll act surprised again later when you manage to connect the dots again that I know things you don't."

She held her watch up and tapped the face. "Do you know how that began?" she asked, indicating the second hand ticking away. "When my heart started beating. I'm everywhere, everywhen. Past, present, future. I can see you being born, I see your grandparent's wedding day. I know whether or not you have children."

She stood up straight, no longer leaning against the wall. "So go ahead, scream at me, yell at me all you want. It doesn't change the fact that there are things you cannot control. That you will never be able to control. Life moves ever forward, and you're just along for the ride."
Last edited by Demincia on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:21 pm

Demincia wrote:---

Elizabeth was only more furious at Dawn for refusing to tell her to just accept what happened and move on. "Oh so I should just let them be forgotten when though I might have a chance to save them? So if my mom disappears, or Jackie, or even you I should just shrug and pretend you guys never existed and go on with my life?" She sneared.

"Why can't you just be honest with me on this one. Is it because you don't see a point in me trying to save them or...." her rage began to disappear as a look of calm came over her. "You can't tell me because the truth is something that will cause more harm to me than this revelation? That's the truth isn't it. You don't want to tell me the truth, you just can't tell me."

Demincia
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Demincia » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:39 pm

Secrets of the Raven
Ashwood Manor
Dawn Elissa

"I have no control over your memory. Who or what you forget is beyond the scope of even my abilities." Dawn said crossing her arms in front of her. "I could turn you into dust right here, but that wouldn't stop the others from remembering you. I'd have to purposefully go back and completely prevent your entire life to do that, and that's more work that I'm willing to do."

"I'm also not a mind reader, so if something gave you amnesia, it's not exactly something that sends up red flags to me right away. If you forget me after I leave for my own home, that's none of my doing. Don't try placing every problem on me, even if that is typical behavior for a mortal."

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:22 pm

"I.." she look down. "I never blamed you for this. You have nothing to gain for doing this." She would return her gaze at her. "But at least tell me when did this first started and is the cult somehow responsible, as little the likelihood is." She asked.

Elizabeth would take off her right glove and show the tattoos on it. "You already know what these are and you onow that normally these would protect me from anomalous attempts at mind alteration. Yet whatever erased most of the team manages to effect even me. Dawn I don't like saying this but I'm scared. I'm scared that whatever did this will do it again and I'm not sure who will be it's next victim." The witch confessed, showing her anxiety over the situation.

Demincia
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Demincia » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:09 pm

Secrets of the Raven
Ashwood Manor
Dawn Elissa

"You'll find out. In due time. I promise you that much." She put her hands in the pockets of her jacket and stepped past Elizabeth slightly. "Fear is normal. I cannot fathom the concept of the unknown, but it's understandable why it must be terrifying. I see it every day. But the unknown is inevitable for everyone. I can't help you." She didn't turn her head or even look back at the witch.

"But it will get better. I can tell you that much." she said softly.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:29 pm

L-Fel

Iowa

"No thanks lass, I'm good," Irwin responded to Ackermann, squatting close to her. He was used to going long periods without fresh water, this was nothing to the explorer. He wasn't too experienced with fighting people but...he'd see how things went.

"So, what do you fellas plan on doing? Just running and hiding, or are we gonna confront these bloody bozos?" Irwin asked.

San Fran

"I won't be having anything right now, thank you though," Aestus responded to Jules. He found the largest seat he could and sat down, even then still barely crushing it. As the group gathered around, simply enjoying a meal and innocently hanging out, he wondered if he should be resigning himself to this. Looking at his hidden, anxious animal companions, he came up with an idea.

"Do you think I could assist our friends by sending a few of my companions their way? They're pretty stealthy, some of them fairly skilled," He suggested to Jules.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:59 am

Elizabeth said nothing to Dawn. All she has to go with is that eventually she will learn the truth, which coming from her is a certainty. "Fine Elissa, I'll play your game for now.  I'll wait to see why you felt that I was ready to know the truth." the witch thought. 

As she thought on what could Dawn know and be hiding for her she would feel something on her nose. Looking down she saw it was a napkin, her mother was wiping off the blood. "Today isn't a good day for either of us huh. First I had my meltdown and now you. At this rate we might have to postpone the mission to the mines." Alex told her daughter as she began move aside locks of her daughter's hair to deal with the blood leaking out of the ears.

"We are close to finishing the clone. Let's just get it over and done with." Elizabeth tried to get up but was struggling, ultimately needing her mother's help to get up. Elizabeth held on to her forehead, the migraine still present followed by nausea. "Bollocks I feel sick. I'll take a break after I finish my part of the ritual. Thankfully it is simple to do." The witch said. The witch stand still for a while to regain her equilibrium. While doing so she would address to Dawn without looking back at her.

"If we ever meet the thing responsible for my missing team members do you feel confident that you can take them out?" The witch asked. She wanted to ask if she had any chance of defeating it but she knew Dawn would flatly tell her she has little chance of defeating an entity that can easily break through magical defenses and bend spacetime so easily as the mind. Really, she couldn't blame Dawn if she came to that conclusion because a witch standing up to something like that is ridiculous.

Alex looked to Jackie and back to Dawn. From her expression she clearly wanted answers on what was going on.

Demincia
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Demincia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:17 pm

Secrets of the Raven
Ashwood Manor
Dawn Elissa

Dawn shook her head slightly. "Do you truly have so little faith in me to ask that? I could set your entire universe back to its formation with nary but a thought." She disappeared from her current spot and reappeared walking from behind a shelf in front of Elizabeth. "But of course you know that, don't you? You don't actually have doubts about my abilities, you're just projecting your own onto me, yes? Don't look so surprised, I remind you I see it every day. You're not confident in yourself and you want me to tell you that you're wrong and you can do it."

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:25 pm

Elizabeth rolled her eyes. "You know just like how you advise for my mom to learn from a certain someone maybe me or her can teach you how to act more human when being with us mortals." She shook her head. She knew it was pointless to suggest it but she couldn't help but to say it to Dawn. But now she has a far more serious question to ask her. "Since you can see through the intent of my question I will be blunt. Is there anyway for me to defeat this thing or save anyone should they be erased by that thing?" The witch asked. Though she hope to hear her say that it was possible Elizabeth knew the real answer to that question.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demincia
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Demincia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Secrets of the Raven
Ashwood Manor
Dawn Elissa

"There are millions of mortal races. That would be a terrible use of my time." she said flatly. "And I won't tell you your future." She tucked her hands behind her back. "Either way, knowing the truth would make you complacent, and that would be of no use to anyone. Besides, the future I see is the one where I don't interfere. Changing that might change the outcome. Then you risk starting the butterfly effect and changing everything based on one simple word from my lips. Trust me, Ashwood, you'll know when the time is right. It's not my place to spoil the story, in Jackie's words."

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:43 pm

Jackie stood back while Lizzy-poo had her moment. She wasn't particularly worried for the older woman's mental health; she'd been in worse places before, and it was pretty obvious that this was just another story-mandated emotional breakdown. Sure, she could've intervened, but she also knew that if she attempted to help the witch get out of her rut, that would only contribute to the drama. Better to stand back and let it blow over, then. "My god, Liz. Do you still not get it? They left because the author kerblammed them out of existence. There's no way they'd have suffered such anticlimactic deaths unless the authors simply got bored of writing them. The only way that you could've 'saved' them was by developing them into interesting, compelling characters and we all know that's not gonna happen in a story involving me now is it? Eyyy. If you don't want to get erased, then just cross your fingers and hope to god you never stop being interesting. Also, this isn't related to the story, but you realise that Dawn and Kyle are in the same boat, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, Dawn, but you already know how to behave like a human. In fact, that's underselling it: you know how to be me better than I ever have, and ever will. Omniscience, y'see? So, Liz: you asking her to act like a normal person is like an ant asking an ant farmer to act like an ant; it's just a fucking inane request, made by something so utterly beneath her that it's not even worth thinking about." She snapped her fingers at Dawn. "Thanks for that, mate, couldn't have put it better myself."

The Great Wizarding Rebellion| Kiara and Skye

And then Skye just keeled over and fu-CKING died. Oh no, what a shame! If that's true, how come she's still here in the tale, I hear you asking, and fair enough I'll tell you: it's be-cause she didn't really die. How come, I hear you asking, and yeah! Okay, yeah! Don't worry about it!

Kiara put her hands in the air, her finger over there, and then gave herself up. SURWIWAL. To be honest, she was looking rather *snap* nice.
Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse