NATION

PASSWORD

Voyage Through the Multiverse (Ended) [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Shape of the Nightmare to Come
Azrael was doing so great-she was killing them so well. But then...

She looked up to see the huge monstrosity devouring the whole of the planet. Oh no. This was not going to end well. It would be impossible to kill, being of that size. The planet was doomed.

But what she had to do was help people escape.

Azrael sliced down a few other abominations, before zipping around the area and locating civilians. She would pull them out of rubble quickly and fly them to other members. "We need to help these people escape. Make sure they can get away in time. This planet is doomed."

Azrael cleared the whole area in seconds, rescuing as many people as she could. After she recovered the civilians, Azrael went back to fighting abominations. She kept her eyes on the huge monstrosity devouring the planet. She could even slow down it's pace. If only....

Inkopolis
"Yes, us humans are quite capable of amazing things." Konny walked over to Marie and Callie."I'm Konny. That's Jona, and that's Miranda. And also Samus."

"We beat Godzilla." Miranda explained to Jona.

"Whew. Glad he's not here anymore."
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:43 pm

The Multiverse’s Most Dangerous Game
    Inkopolis
    Adrian Westwoods

Everyone was collectively throwing whatever shit that they could possibly muster at the current moment at Godzilla, flinging it at the monster besieging the city as Adrian, cool as ever, slid across the top of a roof before coming to a halt by its side, firing off one more slug at the neck of the monster. More scales were blasted off from its side as the giant lizard reared back and roared, before turning to Adrian, a look of pure fury on its eyes as it focused in on him.

"Aww... Dare, I think it's looking at me!"

"Move out of the way, you numb-nut!"

A swipe of the tail was all it took to bisect the building Adrian was on. Instinctively, Adrian leaped off the collapsing building, slowing his descent down to the ground with his armor's thruster pack. His feet hit the ground first as he rolled forwards, Cobra MPRAW at the ready to fire once again at the monster. He squeezed the trigger — nothing.

"Shit. Out of ammo."

"On the plus side, you could dispel all that kinetic energy your shields built up in an area of effect attack and—"

"As if that's gonna do anything to Mr. Destroyer of Worlds here," Adrian sighed, looking to his right. "Well, lady, if you had any more options, I'd really appreciate 'em. I'm out of ammo and I'm not sure if shooting paint at that dino fuck downrange is gonna do us any goo—"

The bounty huntress, whose name he could only guess on, suddenly stood up, a thin veil of light forming over her blue body suit, protecting her from harm. All Adrian could do in the next couple of seconds as she proceeded to lay waste to the giant monster was simply watch, mouth agape as the woman fired blast after blast, missile after missile, at the monster currently undergoing a constant barrage from everyone else. It gave one last roar as it reared up, screeching to the heavens, before it toppled over and fell into the ocean with a monstrous crash, swallowed up from the depths below him.

Surrounded by cheering colleagues and squid-things alike, Adrian's helmet disassembled over his head as he looked to the right at the woman in power armor, whom had done the same to her helmet. “What I thought of that?" He still had the smug grin on his face, leaning his head left and right as if he were trying to come up with a response. "Pretty cool. Pretty cool. That thing did go down a lot with the Cobra, but that was pretty cool. My question is, why didn’t you do that in the first place? Anyways — that can be answered later. We had a deal."

He stepped in front of the woman, arms folded. "You tell me who you are, where I am, and what’s going on here. Then I'll say the same.”

Terminus
    Fleet Battle above Vega II
    Elsewhere Universe 0002
    CFS Halberd
    The Commercial Federation

In response to the inquiry brought up by the Vigilance, Arc replied promptly. "These Abominations have been trying to take Vega for the longest time, but we haven't seen an attack on this scale in ten years, and that fleet back then was half this one's size. Right now, we need your ship — which looks to be small enough — to start trying to hammer at that Titan's engines - it'll be the largest one."

The Warden’s voice suddenly came back again, raspier and angrier presumably at the sight of the Abom fleet being destroyed and the Titan being damaged all around. Nonetheless, more Abom ships arrived to supplement those being lost, but with the help of the outside fleet, the CF was putting up a formidable fight. One which the Warden could not tolerate.

”I have destroyed fleets of HUNDREDS! Massacred entire species and conquered worlds just like this. Vega will fall — you are lost, Thanatosians. I will personally see to it that the surface of your world is reduced to nothing but molten slag!”

“Not yet, you won't.” Captain Arc folded his arms as the OPFOR comm burst disappeared over the screen. “Group 5, report in. How goes killing that Abom Titan?”

Cracking away at its shields!" The Group 5 team leader said, his voice resonating throughout the bridge as his breathing became more and more frantic. The strike craft had been pulling off some incredible moves engaging their Abomination counterparts, one which Arc could only admire. "Those torpedoes just cracked those engines — Abom Titan tipping. It’s coming along now — we might have it in the bag soon, over!

“Keep hammering those shields, Group 5,” The Captain said, turning to address the rest of the ships in the fleet — at least, those which were alive. “Meanwhile, I need those engines disabled, ASAP! Anyone who’s still up, I need everything we have firing at those Titan’s engines. If we can’t kill it, gravity will.”

Sigma then suddenly appeared from the side. "Captain, marking multiple new vessels over the continent of Nu, engaging Abomination Vessels. They appear to be here to assist and destroy the Abominations and are landing troops now.

Arc groaned something underneath his breath. More arrivals. This battle was turning into one big, gigantic clusterfuck, but at least, for now, they seemed to be winning. "Very well. Let them know our intentions are to defend Vega from invasion. If they're here to kill Aboms, tell 'em to keep at it, but if they turn those guns at us, we'll do the same."

Terminus
    Vega II
    Elsewhere Universe 0002
    Myrkenn Farslider

Thus far the group had done a stellar job in eliminating the hostiles. Myrkenn had just finished curb stomping one of the Abominations' heads into pulp when the rest of the impromptu group around her finished killing their own. A rather unstable human man with a chainsaw fused to his arm and an Abomination shotgun in the other was currently laying waste to the mutilated-looking humanoid aliens, while another dark-skinned man had run for cover, taking refuge from most of the fight. A third, a female who was seemingly mending her jaw back together, turned to her, inquiring about their whereabouts.

"So, it seems that we've landed in the middle of a war," She said. Myrkenn almost downright said "no shit" to her, though found herself stopping halfway, lest she come off as rude to them. First impressions and all. "Mind explaining where we are and who exactly we're fighting? In fact, I never caught your name. I'm Eira Kodak. Volutaar of the Vazjuma Sarkic family. I think it's your turn to share now."

Myrkenn replied almost right away. "Myrkenn Farslider. Captain of the Constellation, Leader of the Blood Pirates. We're on Vega II, a planet within Commercial Federation space that's also under invasion by The Abominations. They would be those uglies you just fought earlier."

Looking towards the sky, she would find that the Abomination Titan that hovered in the sky would be twice the size, presumably having decreased in altitude since it first appeared over the planet, which was alarming to her. She held her arm out to her side as her helmet disassembled itself over her head, letting Comet perch onto her arm and inspect the group before her. "New crew, I presume?"

Myrkenn shook her head at the robotic vulture. "Just met. I dunno about you, Comet, but I'm not in the mood to see these guys turn to glass if they start bombarding this planet. I think I like 'em." She then redirected her attention to the group before her. "Which means we need to focus on gettin' out of here. My ship's up in orbit and that's our best way off there, but it's currently docked in one of the hangars on the spaceport, and our current way up there would be that tower a hop and a skip over there."

She directed their attention over to an absolutely massive tower behind her, its full height stretching up into the sky and into orbit, where it was linked up with an equally impressive space station above the planet, one that the Abomination Titan had surprisingly spared despite being within range to absolutely annihilate the space elevator and station. "We take that Space Elevator up to the spaceport, get my ship, and get the hell out of here, and maybe I can figure out what's going on with your... attire." She eyed the man known as Ash up and down. "Especially you."

"I think we might need to belay that, Myrkenn," Comet said, his robotic eyes focusing in on something in the sky. "Look."

Myrkenn barely even had enough time to look as the object came in, slamming through a building and parked vehicles on its way down as it finally collided with the ground with an earth-shaking thud, the shockwave from the impact almost causing her to lose her footing as Comet instinctively flew away, perching himself onto a building.

"Comet, what the hell was that?!"

"Abomination drop pod, heavy variant," the Type-3 avatar replied calmly, inspecting the object through the cloud of dust on using infrared. "Whatever's inside is probably big."

Out of the cloud of dust came first a flash, and then multiple thoomps; Myrkenn reacting instantly as she sent a fist forward, projecting a psychic shield to project the group as rounds from a very large weapon pinged off the transparent dome, spiraling off into nearby buildings, where they shattered windows and destroyed walls with ease. As the rounds stopped firing, Myrkenn dropped the shield, snapping a head to the source of the projectiles currently marching out of the cloud of dust and smoke. Strangely, the smoke around the silhouette seemed to blow away as it marched towards them...

The Abomination here had a less bloody, but seemingly grizzled and aged face to him, his mouth covered up by a vocalizer that produced deep, metallic and raspy breaths as he marched across the city streets towards them. His battlesuit wasn't something to mess around with either, a large assault rifle-like weapon in his arms as the free bladed hand reached behind the Abomination's back to pull out a very, very, very large sword, which began to glow an intimidating orange as it began to vibrate at intense speeds.

"Are these the only defenders this planet has? Have my armies simply blown through the Commercial Federation as if they were nothing.. leaving — don't make me laugh: a strange-looking buzzard, a pirate, and a mismatch group of humans?" The Warden chuckled. "You Thanatosians, as silly as you are troublesome. I will truly enjoy this slaughter."

"Nobody's bein' slaughtered here, except for you, ugly," Myrkenn taunted, entering a fighting pose. "Bad idea, Myrkenn..." Comet winced, watching the ensuing encounter take place with a worried body expression. The Warden simply swatted Myrkenn away without even touching her, first psychically lifting her up off of her feet and flinging her to the ground, her energy shields instantly shattering from the encounter as he telekinetically lobbed her past the group and into a nearby store.

Setting his firearm to the side, as if to engage the group with his sword, the Warden continued moving, chuckling to himself as he twirled his massive glowing blade. "Next."

Terminus
    Vega I
    Elsewhere Universe 0002

His plan was coming along swimmingly. While the fleets of the Abominations silently battled with the Thanatosians and their allies from afar in space, he managed to slip undetected to Vega I, where the next step of his master plan came into play.

While the snow fell silently over the frozen world Vega I, the man stepped off of his yacht ship, feet crunching against the ice beneath his feet as he stepped away from the snow white spaceship, walking towards the cliff. The planet of Vega II, Vega I's much more lush and temperate sister, remained off in the horizon as a blue object amid a portrait of drab whites and grays, though, he didn't really care that all.

After all, Vega I would be looking much prettier than Vega II when he was done here.

His gloved hands were wrapped around a suitcase made of seemingly granite, which, after a quick pause to admire the view, he set down on a nearby frozen stump, crouching down and opening the case. Inside was something that could only be described as mythical: a frozen diamond that let out a blood red glow, hazy due to the snow. Frozen was what he described it, the gem actually being comparable to something more crystal-like in reality. While frozen particles of the diamond bounced off the sphere, gradually turning the ground into a similar substance, he noticed the diamond's color turn from its blood red to a white color, letting a sort of rainbow glow fill the surrounding area as he picked up the crystal with a gloved hand, seemingly immune to the effects of the crystal transforming anything not made of granite into a similar substance.

"Oh, how I pity you fools," He murmured to himself, admiring the artifact in front of him from beneath his stylish gold aviators. He could almost even see his own youthful reflection: gelled back black hair, pale skin, and matching white trench coat and black tie. "How I wish you could understand — you can't end what was inevitably intended to happen. But, I'll be sure to make your erasure from existence quick and painless... mostly."

There was a click, the diamond suddenly flashing. A deafening, distorted radio static like sound, along with devastating bass and the sound of something charging up, like an energy weapon, filled the area and blew away snow and ice alike. Upon tapping the crystal he was holding with his finger, a loud, glass breaking shriek was heard, as the crystal let out a hazy blue halo, which surrounded him, his ship, and the surrounding area. From the halo, a large beam of energy shot up from the ground, completely encompassing the area that encompassed the halo, being his ship, himself, and the cliff he stood on. The cliff itself began to float as the surrounding area was blown away by the beam, which eventually shot up into space as the surrounding lands were ripped away, the space above Vega I being ripped open into a sort of eldritch vortex as the skies of Vega I went from a drab grayish-white, to a more beautiful, yet sinister violet-magenta mix, stars filling the skies as the snowy ground of the planet turned a blood red.

The man smiled, the ambience abruptly swapping from the low whistle of the wind to the screams of something very large somewhere off in the horizon, seemingly the screams of millions of beings either suffering, or rejoicing. He briefly spotted a glimpse of golden fields full of some unknown flower in his vision before it returned to normal.

He twitched slightly as something clicked in his ship: The archaic 20th-century Thanatosian Boombox, which began playing an appropriate song to its age. It just so happened to be the man's favorite song. His grin widened as he pushed his gold polarized aviators up his face, snapping his fingers . "I truly am sorry. Ending Terminus is something only the Gods themselves can do. But, in this case, consider me their new agent of destruction. And his name is Geta."

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Lamar and Ryder
Abigail’s Apartment
Secrets of the Raven

“Wh-what the fuck?”

Lamar was absolutely astounded. His eyes were glued to the repulsive pieces of artwork, malformed and inducing nothing but intrigue and horrific pain in his mind. “No, no, no…” He muttered, stumbling back. Those feelings of paranoia that rose whenever he was smoking swept through him again, a clammy dread slithering over his throat. His head pounded with the screeching pain of a migraine; before Trevor slammed the door shut.

“Fuck! Fuck!” He took a seat on the bed, stretching his hands over his face with stress. “Fuck this shit nigga, fuck this shit!” He stood up, looking at Trevor with terrified, gleaming eyes. “I… fuck, man.” He pushed his way out of the room, disappearing into the living room.

Ryder turned around, looking at Trevor, studying the situation for a moment. “Fuck just happened?”

Jacket
The Confrontation
Respite

It wasn’t that hard to decipher a retaliation to this man.

Jacket rushed for his rifle, pulling it up and readying for another spray, but found himself aiming the barrel at Julyan as well. His head tilted back while their newfound foe attacked them, as well as that strange plague doctor close by. Jacket slung the rifle up, holding it by the barrel and the stock, racing towards the man as he attacked Julyan. He rose the makeshift club into the air and attempted to sling it down into the back of the man’s neck.

Ash Williams
The Warden
Terminus

Ash laughed as he finished off the last of his creatures, blasting a hole through its chest with one trigger pull. “Oh, baby, I would say I’m enjoying myself but I’m really not at all.” He wasn’t quite sure how this gun worked; but it didn’t seem to need to be reloaded. At least, it didn’t yet. But Ash didn’t plan on sticking around long enough to find out if said shotgun needed any more ammo, in fact, he planned on getting the hell out of there right now. His plans never came to fruition though and these people seemed like the kind of crew that could take him back home.

Abominations? Maybe these people had different terms for Deadites here, but… those things didn’t really look like any Deadite he had ever seen. But then again, was he to expect consistency from a bunch of pissy demons?

He listened to Myrkenn, nodding along as she spilled out the plan. “Sounds good to me lady, the sooner the better.” Ash continued listening to the woman as best as he could, steadily growing bored as he was apt to do. When she directed the topic of new attire especially at Ash, he held his hand and chainsaw out as if he were offended. “Hey, I take personal offense to that! I mean yeah, it’s no Ralph Lauren, but it gets the job done.”

Before he could continue his tirade, the sky exploded in a burst of light followed by a beam shooting through a building and into the street. As the bubble materialized around them, Ash startled back then looked about and saw Myrkenn projecting it. “What the hell? Is this some witchcraft type of a deal, or is this just… future stuff?”

He never had the chance to get this question answered, as the creature that had fallen from the sky rose to approach them. Ash aimed his shotgun at the silhouette, revving his chainsaw simultaneously. “This is really something else. You outdid yourselves this time, Hellions!” He called to the sky, insanity warping his face into one of pure psychoticness. He walked in between Eira and Myrkenn, looking between the both of them. “Step aside, I can handle this thing. Trust me, I’ve got style and history with these types of things.”

This was soiled as the thing revealed itself, taunting them with his giant gun and giant mech suit… what an asshole. “Wow, I understand substance over style, but this is just ridiculous. Your whole getup is really two hundred years ago buddy, why don’t I take you to a JCPenney’s and we can update your wardrobe? Or, you know, a body shop.” He kept his shotgun trained on him, watching as Myrkenn moved to engage the threat.

“Oh shit.”

Myrkenn was flung like a ragdoll through the streets and into a shop, Ash’s jaw agape at the Abomination’s strength. “Oh come on, that’s just not even fair!” He turned back to the Abomination, anger scrunching up in his face. “Okay buddy, why don’t you go pick on someone your own size? Like, not me. Or anyone else here.” His finger moved to the trigger of the shotgun, as he began backing up slowly. “You’ve got my back, right?” Ash looked to Eira, attempting to confide in her. He was sure Myrkenn was fine; and if she wasn’t fine, she was probably dead, so at that point it wasn’t his problem anymore.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:14 am

Respite | Julyan

Was it disdain? Pain? Frustration and fear? Something coursed through Julyan's veins as this infuriating man struck at his legs, sending hydraulic fluids all over the ground. His blood burnt with pain as gel and powdered metal got into his wounds, mixing with the deep cuts in his neck and leg. This entire day was going to shit and he couldn't hit an acrobat to save his life. He followed the man's movements, noting how he kept low to the ground, following up each attack with a flourish or preceding it by overcompensating with his arms. Under normal circumstances Julyan would've dropped to the ground and detonated the claymore strapped to his back; but he didn't want to hurt his comrades. Likewise, he was limited in the usage of explosives. Besides, he was sure that Waka wouldn't let him pull the pin without losing a finger or two. So instead, he simply ran straight forward, watching the ground passively glide beneath the impressive bulk of his suit. 'Fritz' ran toward both him and his attacker, apparently not trying to catch him in the crossfire. That was it! Waka was staying close, preventing them from using powerful weaponry in fear of hitting each other. He couldn't beat this agile foe on his own. He needed to combine the skills at the group's disposal to stand a chance.

Julyan stopped and brought his arms up over his face, launching an open hand at Waka, trying to swat the man away. Pistons hissed as his arms cut through the air with the force of a small car. He launched a few quick jabs before crouching and locking up; his suit's joints sealing themselves with heavy plating and a heavy visor coming down over his face. He was slower and less mobile than even an untrained civilian in this form but it meant that his partners were essentially free to use whatever weaponry they wanted without fear of hurting him. Even so, his neck and mechanised arm were still vulnerable. He clutched his limbs close to himself and shouted over the din:

"Come on! Blast him with everything you've got! Don't worry about hitting me!"

Terminus | Eira

"Blood pirates? Not a nice name. I like it though. You're fierce. You'd made a good Zend. I'm glad to have met you, Myrkenn."

The city was falling apart, no doubt about that. Even so, Eira gave this woman a smile, one tipped with blood and filled with sharpened teeth. Spires of glass and steel fell in the distance, plumes of smoke rising from the city. The air seemed to thrum with energy, as the skies above them filled with the shadow of a colossal vessel and the energetic impulses of the ongoing conflict. All around them the world was falling apart, civilians and soldiers laid in heaps of blood on the ground. This was a massacre. It sickened her to watch such needless death. These abominations, the aggressors, were nothing more than armoured animals. It felt good to tear them apart. Comet chirped up, butting into the conversation. Attire? Was there something wrong with Eira's clothing? Perhaps 21st century street-clothes weren't the best choice for this neo-futuristic blend of militarism and prosperity.

"Hmm... a robotic bird? Living in your helmet? I must say, technology has gotten quite a bit further than flesh in these last few years. Colour me impressed and just a little jealous."

A blast of earth and air sent her stumbled to the side as a vessel slammed into the ground, sending chunks of the road sailing through the air. The capsule was enormous and heavily plated. The figure it cut was intimidating enough; but the emergence of a particularly large and incredibly angry abomination from its bowels did nothing to alleviate Eira's concerns. She barely had time to react to what was happening, only barely noticing that Myrkenn had deflected a series of heavy and powerful slugs fired at them. Those projectiles would've blasted her to pieces without her comrade's assistance. This was bad. They had to run. She tried to grab Myrkenn before she leapt but it was too late. She went barrelling toward The Warden and soon thereafter was sent barrelling through twenty feet of concrete. To see such a powerful psychic humbled so... it was disconcerting.

A heavy boot slammed into shards of glass and stone, a great uncomforting glow filling the air as clouds of dust billowed away in fear of this hulking figure, grafted into his suit and wielding a weapon as bulky as it was devastating. A mixture of a snarl and a self-assured smile plastered The Warden's mangled face, moist fluid coating a gnarled and scarred visage. Long gashes ran all along his figure; on his armour, in his skin, in the air around him. This wasn't just another soldier. It was power made manifest. Eira stepped back, she couldn't hope to fight. This had been a mistake. Run! Run! Don't get involved. Don't let yourself die.

"I... I think we should-"

A hand laid itself on her shoulder. That of Ash, the man with a chainsaw for an arm and a twisted yet sincere scowl on his face. In his eyes she saw the familiar flicker of uncertainty. The seeds of fear. No. She couldn't let this be the end. She couldn't let her compatriots die in such senseless slaughter. That earlier statement? Untrue. This wasn't a massacre. This was her element. The viscera coating the ground, the corpses lining the streets were all sources of power. Energy. Matter.

"Man with the chainsaw for an arm... either stand with me, or run. I do not mind which. But if you lose your life, make sure you sell it dearly."

There was grim determination in her eyes as Eira reached out, long tendrils of flesh extending from her fingers and interfacing with those corpses, bulging and collapsing inward. A series of veins grew along the ground, attaching themselves to the closest meat, to the nearest bodies and puddles of blood. Long newly-formed arthropodic limbs exploded from her back, showering the ground with amniotic fluid, eight segmented bows of chitin, angled to strike.

"I don't know who you are. But what makes you think you have the authority to destroy this world? To sear its oceans, to crush its people. You have been the driver of endless loss. I won't let this continue. If I must die then it will have been a worthy price to pay just to lay a scratch on you. If the only mark I make is to draw a single drop of blood then let it be known; gods do not bleed."

Eira growled. A thick, hearty animalistic challenge. She drew back one of her arms, her entire body following. She struck like lightning. Eight long keratinous spindles, and five clawed fingers screamed toward The Warden, leaping through the air, trailing a mixture of blood and flesh. The street was overgrown with fleshy mass, extending about ten metres from where Eira had been standing; and it followed her, reaching toward her target with fleshy appendages and flowing mass. The bones of the dead delivering a mortal strike against their killer. She yelled, she roared, as all her attacks landed home.

Stop. She stopped. All that force, absorbed by the infinite inertia of The Warden. An unstoppable force. She simply looked up at his towering figure, as her claws slid off his chest; leaving nothing but thin dents in his armour.

"Oh."

Empty Wallets | Cassia

"Abeona Antoinette? Mm. A lovely name, if you don't mind my saying. I can't thank you enough for appearing when you did but I think it'd be for the best if we got going. I'm sure Fett Kath is someone of import in this world and that you'd know that he was a particular penchant for the gorily gauche. Perhaps departing would be to the benefit of all parties, sans the dying man down there, poor thing."

Something gave Cassius pause. He looked back down toward the dying driver. The doctor, the suit and the businessman were trying to save his life. It was just one life. How important could he be? If he died, he'd live on in Cassius' heart, eternal in his soul. His glare was not one of urgency or disdain but one of particular apathy. Apathy towards life, that thing which is so easily created and taken. Half of these people barely knew anything about one another or this world though. The slivers of empathy, tucked away in his mind, began to resonate. The voices in his head would never shut up if he didn't help, even if it wasn't a particularly entertaining prospect. Fine, he admitted. 'I'll help.'

Cassius descended the ramp of the ship, kneeling besides the wounded driver. So many holes in his legs and chest, perforations reaching deep into the flesh. He was going to die without attention. Julian seemed to be the most qualified here; and even if Cassius could call upon all the medical knowledge in his impressive repertoire, he was sure he couldn't replicate the same manic concern for the man's life that this woman expressed. So emotional! Fiery, he'd have to keep an eye on her. His arm popped as a series of plastic vials and medical utensils extruded themselves from his flesh, formed from his own personal bank of mass. An entire medical stretcher pushed through his abdomen, a rolled up piece of cotton between two sticks.

"I think we should move him onto the ship. We can't stick around here. I've... I've produced a few drugs and tools you might need. We're sorely lacking in resources. Here, I have a syringe of morphine. I'm sure you know what to do, miss."

He handed the needle to Julian, looking at her face. A polished but emotional demeanour. Something stirred in those eyes. Guilt? Regret? Oh. She would be an interesting addition indeed, once the time came for her to die. But now, he was preoccupied with saving a man's life. And so, Cassius got to work preparing the tools and artifice needed to extract upwards of two dozen bullets from a man's body. It wasn't likely that he'd survive but he'd be damned if he let this bystander die on his watch.

Terminus | Mary

Frankly, the battle seemed to be well under control. At this point, the Abomination fleet was outnumbered to an almost ridiculous extent by the ever growing coalition of interdimensional interlopers and armadas popping up to help defend the planet. If this was a regular occurrence, then the intercepted comms certainly didn't give the impression. Even so, it was a testament to the Warden's strength and confidence that so far, his fleet showed no signs of retreating or even so much as recalculating their battle plan. Perhaps their downfall but it spoke leagues about their confidence. Everything about this conflict spoke of self-destructive overconfidence. Mary wasn't sure how exactly that helped but she certainly knew it was... something. She planted her hands on the console, sighing and staring out of the window. The battle would be won or lost without her, frankly. She spoke with a firm but ultimately expressionless tone. Not the most enthusiastic diplomat.

"So, this isn't the first time they've attacked? I thought so. The abomination fleets aren't turning back, even despite our new arrivals. I'll be directing my attacks against the ship's engines but I'd appreciate a little more background on your technological capabilities, political outlook and society when I'm done. This vessel is technically on a scientific expedition, after all. CIDS, direct the Vigilance toward the big ship and start hammering at the largest heat signature. Cather, how are you going?"
"Oh, I'm doing just fine! I must've taken out at least two dozen of those smaller ships by now. I hope the ship's recording this. Think I could show some of this to the squad when I get back!"

Bored, dissatisfied eyes followed the window of the Vigilance as it turned in the empty void of space, battered by globules of molten metal and errant projectiles. The Abomination Flagship's engines lit up with enormous crimson bursts of energy, entirely isolated and silent. In space, the impact was muted. Everything seemed too slow. Too calm. Long cracks spread through reality as the demonics took hold, sundering elemental particles into light and gluons. Mary's eyes darted from spectacle to spectacle, watching ships fall apart; gazing at the planet below as gentle puffs of smoke spread out on top of its crust.

Maybe when this was over, she could do her job and talk to someone at the negotiation table.
Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:40 am

Vega II
"Shit."

Tupac whispered, as he saw the abomination throw Myrkenn to the side. He nearly broke out in cold sweat. Here he was, with no weapons and hiding from a complete monster which was getting too close for comfort.

He noticed a fallen soldier nearby with a still intact gun. Tupac dashed towards the man and picked up the gun, taking aim at the abomination.

"Nibba you crazy." He thought to him self. "You gon get yoself killed. This is some crazy shit."

But strangely, his thoughts did nothing to stop him as he fired at the abomination. "Yo, pick on someone your own size."
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:26 am

Empty Wallets

As Aestus carefully watched over Jules, he felt bad that he could not help her in her quest to save this man's life. But she was safe, and as far as was possible, the situation was under control. Aestus decided that instead of peeking into Jules's operation, he should go try to get used to his new comrades. The group of 6 with the weird armor and gear looked like he had a story, so Aestus figured he would give the a shot first.

"So tell me, are the lot of you humans in armor? What's with that fancy flashy stuff you're using" Aestus asked them, not knowing how awkward that sounded. The armor they were wasn't necessarily too different from what he was used to, but it was a lot less shiny and what some people might call "fantastical." There was no equivelant to the more advanced technology the team was using, so like a grandpa trying to use skype, he didnt know what to think of it.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:20 am

Rise of the Masked Man
Courtman

"Damn, that weasel manage to pull a fast one on me." Wright thought as he got the judge to agree with him, being only slightly glad that the Judge told the prosecutor not to follow Wright and Avarice’s plan. When Averice pulled out the flesh of the team rocket member Wright looked at it with fear and disgust. "Oh god I can feel my breakfast wanting to come out!" the lawyer covered his mouth and swallowed back his meal before it can escape.

When the prosecutor brought up that Averices claims on what she was is all hogwash Wright replied with. "If the prosecution finds my clients claims hard to believe we can perform a genetic test right to prove our claims." He conveniently left out the part how an altered test would involve her devouring something which Wright would not allow it to be a person and even suggesting a pokemon makes him hesitant on saying as the intelligence shown by some were to close to human to allow them to be eaten just to prove something.

When he called forth Madison the defense attorney was ready, the true battle has begun. As the young girl stood on the stand Wright heard her side of the story, once it was done his reaction showed that he didn't like what he heard. "Crap that story seems airtight." the defense attorney was certain he would find a flaw in Madison's testimony but if there was one then it was either very small or it was hidden very well

"I would like to cross examine the witness's testimony if you don't mind?" Once Phoenix was given the go ahead he would ask Madison to repeat her story, stopping when he asked her a question.
"How are you sure that other places would have rules similar to this world or yours? I think Ms. Famei shows that not only can life take on many strange forms but so too can the laws of places. As for how she killed him while it was regretted that she didn't show a much quicker form to end his suffering I believe my client choose it because during the moment she was driven only be instinct, she reacted more to primal impulses and muscle memory than any clear planning."

He said to the first segment of Madison's testimony, he soon replied to the second one. "Can you further elaborate on who this person is you followed and what caused this portal and what you mean by "their universe"? Also I'm curious on how you found Gold's tent and what lead to Team Rocket attacking you all? Also can you tell us more about this giant bird you claim to have witnessed? I'm also curious why you didn't use your magic to stun anyone from team rocket or their pokemon or put them to sleep? You also could summon that shield, can you also make things disappear? If so why you never made the Team Rocket members and their Pokemon disappear?"

Wright knew that his questions were a stalling tactic but he was hoping to make Madison add in more information into her testimony, hoping that somewhere within the additional information was a contradiction he can pounce on.

Empty Wallet

The team of Delta Buckler looked at the odd aquatic knight, surprised that he took an interest on them as most in the group seem to keep their distance from them. Maybe the weapons was a major reason behind that?

Jinx was the first to speak, her eyes still on the tablet as she was checking on it for something. "We're all humans underneath the uniforms and exosuits. As for our stuff? This is the gear we were assigned with in our mission before we were taken to wherever we are." Jinx explained. "However a few of our gear are stuff we own so not everything was given to us by our employer." She looked at Aetus now that she was done checking on the tablet.

"I will admit our armor as you put it isn't going to win any beauty awards, but our employers care more for efficiency and utility than fanciful aesthetics. I don't mind it too much so long as it does it's job well. Though maybe they can make it look a little better, maybe given us a few more plates like what they did with Faust's armor." The mentioned Faust just let out a muffled grunt as they put down their minigun, they to deciding to sit on the ground.

Trick sat down on the floor, leaning his back against the wall and propping his rifle next to him. "Hey at least you got protection, me and Hex still have to worry about bullets and we don't have any physical enhancements like you guys." He told Jinx before turning to Aestus. "So Aetus was it? What do you do for a living? Oh I almost forgot, you can call me Trick." He pointed to Faust with his thumb. "The quiet one is Faust." Jinx spoke and told him her codename as well. "The one who was shooting with Faust is Conman." Jinx said. "Our foul mouth medic is known as Curse." Jinx said with an amused tone, her comment rewarding her with a one finger salute from Curse.

"And our motorcycle loving leader is..." before Trick can finish he was interpreted by the mentioned leader when she said. "Hex. You can call me that during our stay in this place. I've noticed that your a believer in communism. Tell me how did it develop in your world and why do you believe in it?" The leader asked.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:04 am

Naval Monte wrote:Rise of the Masked Man
Courtman

"Damn, that weasel manage to pull a fast one on me." Wright thought as he got the judge to agree with him, being only slightly glad that the Judge told the prosecutor not to follow Wright and Avarice’s plan. When Averice pulled out the flesh of the team rocket member Wright looked at it with fear and disgust. "Oh god I can feel my breakfast wanting to come out!" the lawyer covered his mouth and swallowed back his meal before it can escape.

When the prosecutor brought up that Averices claims on what she was is all hogwash Wright replied with. "If the prosecution finds my clients claims hard to believe we can perform a genetic test right to prove our claims." He conveniently left out the part how an altered test would involve her devouring something which Wright would not allow it to be a person and even suggesting a pokemon makes him hesitant on saying as the intelligence shown by some were to close to human to allow them to be eaten just to prove something.

When he called forth Madison the defense attorney was ready, the true battle has begun. As the young girl stood on the stand Wright heard her side of the story, once it was done his reaction showed that he didn't like what he heard. "Crap that story seems airtight." the defense attorney was certain he would find a flaw in Madison's testimony but if there was one then it was either very small or it was hidden very well

"I would like to cross examine the witness's testimony if you don't mind?" Once Phoenix was given the go ahead he would ask Madison to repeat her story, stopping when he asked her a question.
"How are you sure that other places would have rules similar to this world or yours? I think Ms. Famei shows that not only can life take on many strange forms but so too can the laws of places. As for how she killed him while it was regretted that she didn't show a much quicker form to end his suffering I believe my client choose it because during the moment she was driven only be instinct, she reacted more to primal impulses and muscle memory than any clear planning."

He said to the first segment of Madison's testimony, he soon replied to the second one. "Can you further elaborate on who this person is you followed and what caused this portal and what you mean by "their universe"? Also I'm curious on how you found Gold's tent and what lead to Team Rocket attacking you all? Also can you tell us more about this giant bird you claim to have witnessed? I'm also curious why you didn't use your magic to stun anyone from team rocket or their pokemon or put them to sleep? You also could summon that shield, can you also make things disappear? If so why you never made the Team Rocket members and their Pokemon disappear?"

Wright knew that his questions were a stalling tactic but he was hoping to make Madison add in more information into her testimony, hoping that somewhere within the additional information was a contradiction he can pounce on.

Madison Goodwill
Courtroom

Madi thought about the first question the judge asked.
"Well, I wouldn't know, but it seems like common sense to not eat people while they're still alive, you shouldn't eat them at all, not even in self defense."
She then listened to the judge shoot off lots of more questions.
"I think I'd better start from the beginning. The very beginning."
Madi took a deep breath and then continued.

"Before I ended up in another universe entirely, I was involved in a skirmish. I have no idea if you've heard of Hogwarts or not, but I do go to school there, it is my last year, and for some reason, the school was attacked by Aurors. Aurors are basically protectors of important people in the Wizarding World and also can act as guards and 'disciplinary officers', as you might call them. What they were doing, attacking Hogwarts, I don't exactly know, but the Minster of Magic, Umbridge, seems to hold a grudge against me, why, I don't know, maybe she sent Aurors after me. Anyway, there's a set of stones that are only known as the Time-Stones, and whoever uses them can be teleport-ed anywhere in the world, or to different worlds, or to different time periods of said world or worlds. it's said that they just appeared one day. There's special stones that you use them with."

Madi summoned her own stone and made sure everyone in the courtroom could see it, before de-summoning it again.
"Such as the one I just showed you; that is my own stone. Only certain stones work, and I manged to find one after some trial and error.
Now, I was dueling an Auror, and...I assume because the Multiverse has problems now, the Time-Stones activated of their own accord and I happened to be sucked into the resulting portal.
As to where I ended up, well, I can tell you alllll you need to know about that universe. The universe I ended up in is a medieval universe that is called Hyrule. Hyrule's history has been divided into several 'Eras'; these Eras are usually named after the 'hero' of each Era. In each Era, a battle has taken place for control of an artifact that is known by a lot of names, but then one that is most known is the Triforce. The Triforce consists of three golden triangles, that form together to form a single big triangle. A fractal, if you will. The top triangle represents Power, the lower left triangle, Wisdom, and the lower right triangle, Courage. The Hero of each Era posses Courage; the Queen or Princess of each Era posses Wisdom; and the one who tries to take over Hyrule in each Era posses Power."
Madi stopped speaking for a few moments to catch her breath, then continued on.

"The Era I ended up in is called 'The Era of Winds', and basically, the entire world is made up of an ocean and islands that dot the landscape; legend has it that the last Hero didn't show up to stop Ganon/Ganondorf - he's the one that usually tries to take over Hyrule - and so, out of desperation, Hyrule's inhabitants at the time asked the Goddesses of Hyrule to flood the entire Kingdom. Before hand, everyone escaped to the mountain tops, which became the islands. the Kingdom was flooded and it was lost to history. Until the Era I ended up in. Of course, I'm not going to tell you every single thing that happened before I ended up there, because it'd take too long, but, if you want to hear everything, come find me and I'll have you meet the person I traveled to this universe with.
When i went through the portal, I found myself underneath the ocean, in the castle's courtyard. The entire Kingdom appeared to be encased in some sort of protective shield of some sort. I wandered around a bit, of course, it's not everyday you wake up and find yourself in that situation - then, I heard a voice. It belonged to a young boy, around the age of twelve. Of course, i wondered what he was doing down there, but I decided to walk up to him anyway. The kid introduced himself as 'Link', and told me where I was and what he was doing there. I decided to follow him into the castle, because, well, what else was I going to do?
The inside of the castle was, well, deserted, and partly in ruins. Then I saw the statue....Or at least The pieces of it."

Madi summoned a piece of paper that looked like it had a drawing on it. She made the paper cross the room and land before the Judge.
"That's roughly what I saw when I entered the Castle."
She waited a few moments before speaking again.

"The two of us headed down to the basement of the castle and I found myself looking at seven stained glass windows that I assume depicted the Six Sages and Ganon himself. Before the stained glass windows were six or seven statues of people holding swords, these swords were raised towards the small hole in the ceiling that let a single beam of light through. In the center of the light beam were a sword pedestal and nearby the pedestal was a young woman in a royal dress of some sort. I learned that she was the current Princess at the time and that she was basically being kept there for her own safety. before I could really start talking to her, another portal opened up and Link was gone. I, of course, had to go after him, so I told Zelda I'd bring him back, and then I stepped through the portal.......
Into a raging snow-storm. Of course, I didn't know I was on Mt. Silver yet, but I wasn't going to stay where I was because it was freezing."

Madi had to sit down for a few moments before she stood up again.

"As for the other questions - The two of us basically walked for a while until we came upon Gold's tent. Others were nearby as well and all of us were inside Gold's tent a few minutes later. However, we didn't have time to really talk because then Team Rocket showed up. I assume Team Rocket wanted us to leave the area before they resorted to...violent methods, because we didn't leave, and soon after, they tried to ram some sort of vehicle into Gold's tent, Thankfully, Ty didn't let that happen, and, moments later, we were fighting. As to the giant bird, it looked like this, and I believe its name is Articuno. I could have used my magic to stun everyone, yeah, but I wasn't thinking of that at the time. Not sure if it would have worked anyway....Yes, I can make things disappear, but not living objects. Is that all you wanted to ask me?"
Last edited by Skylus on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Rise of the Masked Man
Courtroom

After hearing the long history lesson of Hyrule and the mystical drama that goes on throughout each era Phoenix Wright had many thoughts going through his head, one of them being. "A brief summary would have been nice, the history lecture was overkill, especially here of all places." the lawyer though, still filing away the info about Hyrule for later encase he would need it along with the Time Stones and Hogwarts. "So did anyone from Hyrule followed you to this world? He asked as he looked down at his filed.

Looking through his files he saw right away something he can use, a detail he almost missed due to most of the recent files containing information on Hyrule.

HOLD IT!

"Ms. Goodwill you claim that these Aurors attacked you on the orders of this Minister of Magic. I find it hard to believe that a minister can just declare an attack on a school without anyone else in the government going against such a plan or them thinking they can get away with ordering an attack on a school that can harm or kill children. Such a scheme would be political suicide. Also I don't see why they would hate you when they would have to worry about the machinations of their political rivals. If this attack happened as you claimed than Umbridge just gave her enemies a great weapon to be used against her coming the next election, and that's assuming she would stay in office after the attack." The lawyer said, explaining reasons why the first part of her testimony sounds outlandish to him

"I would also like to know how you came to know how these Time Stones work? Seems awfully convenient for you to not only know how they work but to find one of them just at the right time for it to take you into another universe."
Last edited by Naval Monte on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Madi

Madi blinked for a second before speaking.
"Someone did come here from Hyrule with me, they were the kid I mentioned a few minutes ago. I imagine he's going to have a rough time transitioning to modern tech and stuff; he decided to go along with Gold and Ty, I believe they're going to go look for captured Pokemon.

As for the stuff about Umbridge, I have no idea if the Aurors were even there to attack me, there might have been a crazy kid and they had to deal with them, or something. Again, I realize that I shouldn't jump to conclusion like this, but Umbridge has a History at Hogwarts and no one liked her when she was Head-Mistress. As to her not being re elected again, I really don't think she cares if she is or not.
About the Time-Stones, it was by accident that I found out that they work. It was around a year ago, there are scattered references in books in the Library about them and from what I read, I found out that there's a set of them located on Hawk's Cliff, which is a cliff that overlooks the Black Lake.

I also found out that it require certain stones to activate them, and for some reason, the book gave detailed descriptions of these stones.
I walked down to where the Stones were said to be, and there they were. Dormant, of course, for who knows how long, but they were there. I found a stone that looked like it would work and stepped onto the inner most circle of stones, and then....I was somewhere else. Just like that. I didn't have time for second thoughts or anything. Are you wanting to know where I ended up or is what I told you just now good enough?"
Last edited by Skylus on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:50 pm

Empty Wallets

“You all seem like fine warriors, your employer must have good contacts in the word of metal working and enchanting,” Aestus remarked. Aestus was intrigued by this group. Most of the more powerful small groups on Physis were artificial constructs or non-natural entities, either created for their jobs or being modified for a certain purpose. Yet, these were just skilled humans with their own powerful armor and items. While not unheard of per se, it was generally rare, and typically not considered too viable. But Aestus had served alongside many, many humans, and he knew they were not a force to be reckoned with. With proper training and equipment, they might be able to take on about anything from Physis. Aestus knew a woman who could help with this, so he decided to keep the idea in mind and see about what he could do when he returns home.

He was glad that these people were on his side, though was caught off guard when someone started asking questions about his beliefs.

“Communism? I don’t know what you’re talking about, is that something to do with communes?” Aestus asked, not knowing what Hex was talking about. Indeed, communism wasn’t even a word where Aestus was form.

“I don’t know what this is, but I can assure you, my loyalties lie to sapient life and their right to freedom and self-determination. I come from a world where these liberties were taken for granted, and I worked to make sure that was no longer the case. My ideals have always shown more concern for freedom than economics, but I am against any corrupt elitists who take freedom away from the people to line their own pockets and satisfy their lust for power. You should understand, Hex, that I have killed thousands of living beings, human and non-human alike, for being a threat to civilized society. Democracy is the end goal, but sometimes, democracy must be bathed in blood,” He said.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Empty Wallet

"Thanks, as for good contacts you can say our employer knows some good people to back us up." Trick said, debating on whether to tell him that the same teams that made their gear also works for their employer. "So did someone else made your armor as well or did you make it?" The sniper asked as he flip the safety switch on his gauss rifle, the device letting it a low whine as it powered down.

When Aestus explained that he didn't know what Communism and the true extent of his ideals the squad was silent, each one thinking on what to say to him. "I think we may get along Aestus." Hex told him. "When it comes to the entities we call gods we are normally skeptical about their motives, but yours is different. Your motives are surprisingly related, it's strikingly human actually." The normally cold and distant woman allowed some surprise to be in her voice when she uttered those words.

"One if the main reason we joined our current employer is to do a job similar to you. To ensure our people are not only safe from everything that would threaten them but to ensure they remain free. And we will do whatever it takes to achieve that goal regardless of the cost. Like you all six of us have stained our hands with blood for our employer's goal, for our goal." Just like Trick the squad leader also decided to be vague as she didn't want to reveal too much about AEGIS.

Courtroom

"Wait we did the police let three witnesses go off?" Wright questioned, wondering just what Jenny and the other officers were thinking when they did that. Sure he was out to save captured pokemon but he was also needed in here since he was a witness to the incident. “Even if Umbridge wasn’t targeting you her method was overkill for dealing with a child. You don’t see the president sending in special forces just because one child was acting out in school. The fact she was a terrible leader in this school should have shown that she would be equally terrible at running a country.”

When Madi began to talk about the Time Stone Wright listen to her story and once she was done spoke up. “Again the timing of you finding that book was just too convenient for my taste. What made you think the stone you had was going to work? They have been inactive for so long why would it change when you need them to work at that exact moment? I suppose just out of curiosity knowing where you appeared after you used the stone would be nice.”

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:53 am

Rise of the Masked Man | Avarice

"You shut your little golden mouth, Mr. high-and-mighty prosecutor! Demonstrating the fact that I heal when I eat is what got me here in the first place! But I'd be real glad to give you a private demonstration if you really do insist, sir. Now stay in your goddamn lane and start arguing like you deserve this job! Or maybe you're just like Mr. Wright over here and this is your first case. It'd explain why your entire argument seems to revolve around misdirection and pedantic filibuster!"

Nothing like a little threatening to discredit the opposition, right? It wasn't as if the rest of the case was going so well. Madi was testifying, talking about her past. Wright's questions seemed to be more focused on eliciting some kind of inconsistency in an attempt to either discredit her or find some kind of information he could use to his advantage. Unfortunately, it seemed as if the dialogue was entirely unrelated to the problem at hand. But what now? Thoughts ran through her head but Avarice knew nothing of this reality. Their customs were easy enough to understand but without the years of experience and dedicated research behind the lawyers' thin faces... well, arguing wasn't going to get her any further. It was time for something more physical.

Avarice slammed her fist on the stand, sending thick cracks down the podium. She stared straight toward Madi, Wright and The Judge seemingly simultaneously, despite glaring directly ahead. Her hand, bleeding and splintered from the powerful impact, knotted itself together; bones rearranging themselves within her palm with a visceral squelch. She looked angry, sad, frustrated, excited, predatory, intense. It wasn't a subtle attempt at affecting the court's emotions but she'd be damned if she didn't try. If trying to defend herself logically was failing then her only choice was to appeal to emotion directly.

"This is all irrelevant. Madi, you don't need to recount your entire life. Those details are not pertinent, although, neither is what I'm going to say. I would like to speak. And to make my peace."

Regret. Terror. Panic. Those were the emotions she had to embody. Audrey couldn't cry yet. It was physically impossible. Instead she stood up, clenching one fist and staring down at her bloodied hand, furrowing her brows and trembling. Shaking and squeezing her fist tighter, until her nails began to draw blood. She stood, as if deliberating. But her mind was already made up. Human emotions were peculiar. They were biological but that was not how they perceived them. Emotions often overrode thought; and even in such a clinical environment the ultimate verdict was up to the jury. She had to provide a context with which the dozen would see her; a window of perception subconsciously painting her as a sympathetic girl to the audience.

"I know... I know what I did was horrible. I can still feel handfuls of meat and bone between my hands, watching the terror in that man's eyes... it was... moving. I think something changed in me, when I looked at his friends' faces, staring at me in disbelief and grief. To think that I have robbed a family, a world of his soul... it hurts me beyond description. I am sorry, everyone. I am truly sorry for what I have done. But in the spirit of justice, in the name of decency, I will prove that you, the men and women who now oversee this trial, must find me innocent of this accused crime."

Okay. A good start so far, maybe calm down on the rhetoric. She knew she had the jury's attention. Now to focus down the reasons why they shouldn't find her guilty. What she'd say didn't matter, only the emotions they invoked. These jurors couldn't be legal experts. She could lie all she needed to. This was their one and only chance to form a mental image of her. Fabricate something vulnerable! Make them feel bad! Don't turn on the waterworks just yet though. Breathe quickly, look down at the floor, squeeze those eyes shut and let a few tears gather.

"What I did is inexcusable, I know that. I know that now and every second thereafter his friends and family will be grieving, living their lives deprived of a noble young man; one with a future. He might've had kids, family, I... I don't know. Things back there got out of hand, I understand! I keep replaying the scene in my head over and over, wondering if I could've held myself back, saved his life and spared us all this trouble. God, I must be making all my friends so anxious. I don't want to get in anyone's way, all I wanted was to live!"

Yes! Put a little more emotion in! Stare at the jury in righteous grief and anger! Let the words flow and burn. Singe the air with emotion. Smile and grimace. Bleed and fill every word with hoarse sincerity. Let reality collapse to this moment, let the only thing worth looking at be that scrunched up face, confused and alone; isolated and terrified.

"They were coming at me with those huge monsters, trying to burn me to dust. They were going to kill me. What else was I meant to do? Stand there and let them fill me with holes? Let them hurt my friends?! I'll never stand for that. Even if I have to break every law, I'll stand by them. I'll protect them with my life. I felt so scared when Team Rocket attacked. I knew I had to do something and then... oh god. And then, I... his face. He was so scared as well. I'm so sorry. I'll never hurt anyone again if that's what it takes. Please. You have to believe me. Everything I did was to save lives. To minimise the damage."

Alright. The sappy body's over. The more shallow and less knowledgeable would probably take it. Even if it didn't move them emotionally it was still a good enough act to imitate actual regret. Top it off now, while the blood is still flowing! Do something inspiring. Scream if that's what it takes to win their subconscious hearts over. Stiffen that lip, dry those eyes, put on a stoic face and give them a cataclysmic glare.

"If I walk out of here then I promise that I'll do better. That I will do everything in my power to protect others, to learn how to be a good person, to take responsibility for the power that I wield. The world is full of evil; of criminals and shades of grey. I'll never let myself be grouped with them. I will be a good person, even if I must lose myself in the process. I will save those around me, obey the word of the law and put my own life beneath all others. When you find me innocent I will dedicate myself to nothing but the pursuit of heroism and nobility. That, I swear. On every deity, on every star, on my life and those I have harmed."

Avarice slumped back down, grinning beneath a mask-like face, covered by locks of hair and the shadow of her head. Too many words, too prosaic; a bit too over-the-top, emotionally. Hell, not even 'a bit'. Way too much. She'd be lucky if that even managed to win one of their hearts over. Even so, at least eight jurors had to agree in order to reach a conviction. Every word counted. She stared at her palm, seamlessly healed, save for the telltale splatters of blood covering it. She was still fragile. As fragile as a regular human, in fact. She clenched it, hiding the stains. Just wait for something to come up. Wait for someone to move the case along. Whispers beneath a low-hung head. Smirks behind tear-laden cheeks.

"Come on, Phoenix. I know you're better than this. Give me something to work with, boy."
Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Secrets of the Raven

The group of police cars would arrive at the bridge leading to the sub district of the town known to the looks as "The Ruins", due to that section of the town containing many abandoned buildings, most of the former residence have long since fled this part of the town due to what occurred in there back in 1979, the stories surrounding the area kept most residence out. Cassidy wonder if the townspeople intentionally left this part of the town in such a terrible state to dissuade new comers away?

"Regardless why they left the buildings the town folks left us a great tool to be used." she thought as the cars finally cross through the bridge. Everyone knew the weather was unnatural and when getting close to the building they had Elizabeth in those who can sense supernal energies notified the team that they can sense a spike of aetheric energy in the building. "Great, not only did Richard leave his post but Ashwood manage to escape. This day is going to be wonderful." Cassidy snarked, getting her gun loaded with ammo as she sensed she is going to need it.

The police cars parked in front of the building, most stepping out with weapons. "Be prepared. Our target has either run away and left traps for us or is still inside. Either way we have to disarm those traps first and recapture Ashwood afterwards." The others agreed as the first four man team volunteered to scout ahead for the group, the small group enter the building and split up. Two followed the same path the Ranger took and another two stayed at the first floor.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:38 am

The Grand Adventure

Wakanda

"It seems you missed quite a lot" Wanderer said to Z1. "There was a battle here, but I believe you have noticed that already" He pointed to the crashed ship in the distance. "They had the misfortune of crashing into this city, but from the moment they exited the vessel they were firing upon the general populous. There's a lot more I need to explain, so come with me"

"Let's keep moving!" The two heard T'Challa call out. "This woman needs medical attention" Back at the front of the group, the Black Panther continued to lead the group to the palace. Along the way, his attention was grabbed by the sounds of Ammy barking next to him. "Why hello there" He said, giving the wolf a pet on the head. "I suppose you'll be joining us in the palace?"

T'Challa led the group through the capital of Bernin Zana, bringing them to a lower floor that was full of various technical equipment, including an operating table. T'Challa placed Ignis upon the table, and a series of lights lit up around it, encasing her in a barrier. "There. She should be okay soon. Does anyone else require medical attention?"

The Multiverse’s Most Dangerous Game

TARGET: DEFEATED

"Now that we don't have to worry about the city being destroyed..." Samus began. "My name is Samus Aran, and that's Konny, Jona, and Miranda. Where I'm from, I'm a bounty hunter. Speaking of which, we're in another universe, if that wasn't obvious to you. I can't say I know much of what's going on, but all I know is that holes are beginning to form between worlds, and I was hired to take care of whatever comes out of them, like our dead friend over in the water. So what about you? What's your story?"

Meanwhile, the Squid Sisters continued to fawn over the three humans.

"I'm Callie!"

"I'm Marie!"

"And we are... the Squid Sisters!"
"And we are... the Squid Sisters!"

The two struck their signature pose. "We're sort of celebrities here"

"Sort of? We are celebrities, Callie" Marie sighed. The two then turned to Sypha. "And you were cool, too. That magic and that hood of yours were sooooo fresh"

"Oh... thank you" Sypha responded. She was still rather wierded-out by the strange, squid-like creatures, but she was at least glad that the battle was won and no one was seriously harmed.

Secrets of the Raven

Abigail's Apartment

"Some strange shit, that's what's going on!" Trevor said as he joined the two gangsters out of the room. He was still holding onto his head as the headaches began to subside; his vision was still spinning. "I think we've spent enough time in this place. I grabbed this..." He held up the paint brush. "I have no fucking idea why, but I grabbed it. I guess that must mean the girl was working on her last painting in the closet, one of those paintings"

RESPITE

Waka ducked under Jacket's attack, giving him a swift jab to the abdomen before making a back flip to make some distance between the two. As soon as his feet hit the ground, though, he was met by Julian's rush. A crimson missed escaped the swordsman's mouth as he gasped from the impact.

"As you wish!" Alucard responded. The Dhampr sent several fireballs towards the two, blasting Waka away. Alucard quickly closed the gap, bringing down his dented blade only for it to be blocked by Pillow Talk. Just how durable was this man? Was he even human? Waka tried to make a quick dash to the side and strike at Alucard, but his slash was met by Alucard's own blade.

"I won't fall for your tricks this time" Alucard hissed.

"Then try to keep up" The two swordsman became locked in combat, each taking turns delivering strikes and blocking them, periodically teleporting in an attempt to catch the other off guard. While he was so focused on Alucard, Waka was left wide open.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:09 pm

Empty Wallets

"My armor was made by my former master, The Higher Goddess of Life Biota. She was oppressive to the people, though, so I chopped off her head," Aestus informed Trick, laughing a small bit as he reminescend of his battle with Biota. It was a tought fight, but he won it in the end, and humanity was freed.

"Thank you, I'm not surprised you're so suspcious of Gods, it's rather justified. A lot of them tend to act like they deserve worship, or that humans should obey their commands just because they were made to be slaves. Very egotistical if you ask me, your birth shouldn't determine your purpose in life. None of us have a planned destiny, and trying to enforce this idea will always lead to chaos," Aestus stated. He was honestly rather glad of their skeptiscim towards Gods, though he was even happier because of their tolerance of him. He looked foward to cooperation with these people, they seemed to be in the right place morally speaking.

United Territories and States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Territories and States » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:36 pm

Ranger
Secrets of the Raven
Abandoned Apartment

The Ranger opened the door and closed it behind him. The room he entered in was even more decrepit than the rest of the apartment. Flora grew out of the moldy carpet, while every step caused the floor to crackle. The Ranger took no mind to the broken furniture and rubbish as it was crushed by his steel boots. His ears softly rung as he trudged through the rotting room. Searching through the living room he found nothing of interest, he scratched his chin and entered the kitchen. The kitchen was stripped of anything and left bare, kitchenware laid dangling on the floor, and strangely most of the chairs were knocked over, as if someone was in a hurry to leave. The Ranger trudged straight towards the bedroom, the bedroom was in a better condition than the other rooms, but almost all of the wallpaper was ripped off and claw marks was apparent on the walls.

He ran his fingers through the claw marks, Definitely not the work of a Fiend, the Ranger thought. The only thing on the ground was a broken lamp that must have been knocked over during some sort of conflict. The Ranger grabbed the lamp, but quickly dropping it in favor of something he sensed. His arms quickly snatched something underneath the bed and pulled out a freshly felled cat.

The Ranger smiled with glee as he eyes scanned the carcass. The cat was a black and grey tabby cat with shaggy and matte fur, it's eyes were shut and it's body slumped downwards from the position of where he was holding it's neck. "Looks like Christmas is early.", the Ranger chuckled. He held the animal's body by it's tail and swung it around like some sort of sling or nunchucks. He inched towards the window and stared out of it. The surroundings compared to the dark castles and breeding grounds were a step up in the Ranger's mind. He looked at the ruined structures with a strange sense of awe, then to the general environment around him. The Ranger appreciated the fact he could see what time of the day it was, or that there was fresh air.

A peculiar sense came over the Ranger as he noticed stormclouds enter in, the wind howled as it blew in the Ranger's face. This came too quickly., thought the Ranger. He tried to shut the apartment window but it simply broke off and fell from the building. The Ranger grunted and sought to leave the room, only to be met with a thick fog obscuring the view of the room. He was perplexed by this sudden change in atmosphere put the Ranger on alert as he tied the cat by it's tall to his belt. He kicked down the apartment room door and quickly exited into the hallway. The floorboards squeaked and groaned as the Ranger raced through the hallways of each hotel floor. From the corners of his eyes he saw strange figures moving in the obscurity of the fog.

The Ranger drew his Super Nailgun and it began to automatically spin. The whirring sound of the Super Nailgun's barrels echoed alongside the Ranger's heavy footsteps throughout the abandoned complex. In the direction in which he saw the apparitions, the Ranger untied the dead cat with one hand and threw it in the general direction he assumed. The cat went splat as the wall was painted with red, a soft crunching sound could be heard from the lower levels of the apartment. The Ranger looked up to the ceiling of the apartment, as the weather gradually worsened, he made a harsh bellow to whomever was still in the apartment with him. "I am plannin' my own exit out of this place, if anyone wants to follow me they can.".
Please be nice and refer this country as "America", or "United States" when in IC.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:57 am

Secrets of the Raven

The yells of the Ranger were blocked by the Tenebraes as they distorted the sounds of his yells to sound like the wind outside. The Ranger would see black arms surrounding and consuming the bloody mess of the cat, the temperature would plummet even more as the aura of fear and dread grew, the shadows growing even more in the building.

Before the Ranger can react he was surrounded by a vortex of swirling darkness, taking him out of the house and into their realm. By the time he finally thought to fire out his stream of super heated nails at the shadowy beings and dispersed their form into ebony smoke he would realize that they have done what he sought to do, leave the building.

He found himself in another building and one in a worse state as a huge hole was visible from one of the walls. The Ranger can see the darkness in the new building growing, he can hear voices chattering within. He would see several tentacles shooting out from the darkness to grab him.

Empty Wallet

Trick was surprised by the blunt admission of the god killing his former master for her crimes, actually he was surprised that he even killed her to begin with. "I thought you gods always had back plans to ensure death was just an inconvenience?" The sniper asked, curious on how Aestus manage to permanently kill his former master and if he will share it with them.

When he mention that humans were made to be slaves that earned an explosive reaction from Curse. "We're no one's slaves or play things! We aren't here to be anyone's tools or toys, we have as much right to live our lives however we see fit just like those bastards." Curse stated. "The only thing that makes them special is that they found as much loopholes to the rules of the cosmos to cheat at the game we call life. Once you remove those cheat codes however you realize they are like us, just a bunch of sad fuckers trying to find meaning and purpose in a chaotic and confusing world, just like the rest of us. Doesn't excuse them for being a bunch of egotistical and psychotic assholes though."

The Curse took out a cigarette and light, taking off his helmet to reveal a mid aged bald man of African American decent. "That is my personal theory on the things we call gods. I may be wrong or I may be right, I really don't care too much. All that is important is we don't let them or their followers make humanity an offering to their god." The man grew quite as he began to smoke. "Don't worry to much about Curse. He gets irritable quite easily." Trick told Aestus, he to removing his mask to show his face. Behind the mask was a much younger man with tanned skin and a moustache and beard with buzzed cut dark hair.

"What are two doing?" Jinx asked, puzzled and surprised by their action. "Well I can smoke because the helmet has a mouth guard attached to it." Curse replied in a matter of fact tone, returning back to smoking. "Well we're going to be stick with these guys for a while since we are far away from home and eventually they are going to see our faces so why not show them now?" Trick told her.

Jinx and the other four members of the team look rather hesitant on revealing their faces to the group yet. However Hex began to pull down the hood of her poncho and take off her mask; revealing a woman with sharp facial features, green eyes and short brown hair. The most striking part of her face was the three scars, one at her lips, a other at her right cheek and another on her forehead almost getting her left eye. Her skin complexion was much lighter when compared to her other team mates who revealed their faces. "I'm curious is there someone behind the armor or have you fused with it?"

The New Earth Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Earth Federation » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:55 am

Unknown (Grand Adventure)
May 17th, 2898 AD
Earth Calendar (NEF Universe calendar)

Not hearing anything over the radio the two NEF troopers looked at each other rather confused and unsure what to do, it would seem that the two of them were on their own, not sure if there was any sort of friendly force. Though they did know one thing for certain was that these blue helmeted soldiers were hostile to anyone and probably everyone. Amber would then look at Chris, she had removed the face mask from her helmet after the fighting letting the wind ripple through her facial fur as she stood there pursing her lips before she spoke

“So, any ideas?” she said leaning on the doorway, she was athletic in body shape though while she looked smaller she would make up for that in her reflexes, she was faster than any other trooper that Chris had seen often putting his ass in the ground every so often when they went to spar. Though she would get a bit over confident a few times and slip up allowing him to win, though there was times that she would let him win knowing that he knew that she let him win. Behind her tinted visor one could barely make out the her cyan-blue colored eyes, which were well not as cold as one would think but rather warm and inviting. She would look up at Chris with a bit of a grin.

“I was thinking that we leave here and see what is going on, it is obvious that we don't know if there is any sort of friendly force that has our frequency or radios. So it is the best option to move on, plus these hostiles already know our location so it’s another reason to move on from our location.”

She would nod as I suggested that we move though quickly countered it “Yes, though we have proven that we can defeat this blue helmeted asshats in this position, so why not just camp here and wait to see if they throw more at us?”

“And die with a lack of ammunition?”

“We could use their weapons.”

“Yes, though how do we know their weapons are ineffective against their armor.”

“I.....fine we will move.” she said with a defeated smile, Chris would smile back and then pet the top of her helmet before they two of them marched out of their temporary camp and into the street. They would walk down the road for a bit, scanning as they went. So far all they could see was the dead bodies of the blue helmeted soldiers as well as a few charred corpses here and there, it seemed that whatever happened there seemed to be a huge battle with many falling in the fighting. Though it also seemed that so far the city was devoid of life, only the wind was there. After a bit of walking the two would come up to a person that was in the middle of a pile of dead soldiers, she looked like a human though before the two anthros would even speak their was another group of humans. The two of them moved into a firing position though not raising their weapons as the two groups didn't seem hostile, instead they stood there and listened as the human that was in her own group, named Z1 talked. Then the man what appeared to be in a all black combat suit talked. The two of them just nodded and followed along before Chris interjected

“So who are you people?” he said turning to the large group
Last edited by The New Earth Federation on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Level: Mid FT, 2898
Militaristic, imperialistic, multi species spacefaring nation, not based on Earth
Captial: New Earth, Arcadia system
WE DONT USE NS STATS, PLEASE USE FACTBOOKS Telegrams are always welcomed, don't worry I don't bite.

Apto
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:08 am

Secrets of the Raven, Sayaka Miki
Shopping Mall

Jraden wrote:"Oh. They're gone." Hope said out loud, almost sounding disappointed. "We should probably see if there is anyone hurt, call the proper-OH MY GOD A LITTLE GIRL HAS BEEN SHOT!" She screamed, bolting towards Sayaka, who had been shot with a bullet, a curse, and even worse, paralysis! She immediately ripped off a nearby first aid-kit off the wall and begin to fix Sayaka's bullet wound as she could, doing her best to comfort and reassure the girl, believing her lack of response was due to shock.

If this was any other day, Sayaka might have been concerned by a non-medical professional touching her thigh, but she was far too busy seething at the now long gone kidnappers. Indeed, she couldn't find it in herself to be bothered too much by the newcomer when a combination of adrenaline and magic flowed though her veins. Thankfully, the paralysis spell slowly disappeared just as Hope finished dressing Sayaka's wound, a wound that, once hidden by layers of white, simply closed itself.

"Thanks," The girl's voice was laced with frustration, and her expression made no attempt to hide it as she stood. "But I gotta go catch up with whoever did this and give them a piece of my mind," With a flash of blue, her once empty hand now held a cutlass as she turned away from the girl. "I'll repay the favor after I'm done with this!"

A Grand Adventure, Jeanne "Tart" D'Arc
Wakanda, Birnin Zana

Mundeo wrote:T'Challa led the group through the capital of Bernin Zana, bringing them to a lower floor that was full of various technical equipment, including an operating table. T'Challa placed Ignis upon the table, and a series of lights lit up around it, encasing her in a barrier. "There. She should be okay soon. Does anyone else require medical attention?"

This wasn't exactly the first time that Jeanne was invited to walk among royalty and enter a palace. However, the Black Panther's domain was quite beyond anything the girl had ever imagined it would be. For once, she was lost for words at the grandiose sight. To use so much glass and metal, this land was rich indeed. "I am in no need of treatment, your majesty." Though it might be construed as rude, Jeanne couldn't quite keep her eyes on the Black Panther. Instead, she found her gaze fixed on the technological marvel that was treating their injured comrade. Magic of some sort perhaps? She had never seen anything like it.
There is morality on the circumference of the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONN!!!

Previously, on "Bad Things Happening To Lovable Little Girls"....
- Flukes

The Dark Brotherhood of Deros
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Brotherhood of Deros » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:42 am

Moira and Percy - New Bark Town Outskirts - RotMM

Moira didn't like any of this. These people were beyond suspicious, and every one of her hunter instincts told her this was a trap. Despite that, she didn't make a move yet, and rather kept a close eye on the surrounding area, watching for anything suspicious.

Kirby - Wilfre's Wasteland - DttM

Was there a 50% off sale on portals these days? That made 3 new arrivals all from a portal like the one Kirby jumped into, and one of them had caught the attention of the totally-not-evil-armored guy. The little pink puff wasn't sure what to do in this moment: he was only good and beating up bad guys and saving the world, not solving disputes! So he sat in nervous silence as the scene played out before him.

Advrick - Greßland - DttM

Ah, finally a place he could relate to! Advrick took in the surrounding town, noting every little detail as he often did. Being aware of every little thing that surrounded you made for a survivor, and if anyone was a survivor, it was Advrick. The High Elf took notice of the approaching soldiers just as Wilfre did, and made no move to flee. Fleeing only proves you're guilty of something, and of course Advrick wasn't guilty of doing anything here... yet.

As the guard began speaking in an unknown language, Advrick started to cast comprehend languages, but stopped once the guard began speaking in common. After the two clearly showed that they had no intention of helping, Advrick sighed. "Yes, indeed. If you would like, perhaps I could... persuade them?" He said with a small chortle.

Plague Knight - Respite

That was all the permission Plague Knight needed.

While Waka was attacking Alucard, he made the very unfortunate mistake of ignoring the little alchemist in the bird mask, and he'd pay for it dearly. "Hee! I've got something special for you! Hee hee hee! BOOOOOOM!!!!" He cried as he threw bomb after bomb at the swordsman. Each of these bombs was filled with component powder, which meant that with each subsequent explosion they made, the overall explosion became more powerful. Soon a massive blast rocked the area that nearly engulfed Plague Knight, but he was still laughing maniacally.
Last edited by The Dark Brotherhood of Deros on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't curse the darkness, light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" - Hades
The Four Swords of the Guild
Respect for nature, Life as a community, Crafting from nature, and Prosperity from nature.

My RPs
The Ancient Ones: Age of Nothingness
Aeternabilis wrote:
The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:I'm waiting for Aetern, might post tomorrow either way, though.

Deros is waiting on you who's waiting on me who's waiting on Petro who's (I assume) waiting on the Soviet guy. It's a conga line of waiting and sadness up in here.

Kaidou wrote:We Asian millennials are like bananas. Our skin is yellow, but on the inside, we're pretty much white.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:47 pm

Amaterasu - Wakanda, Birin Zana - AGA

Ammy wagged her tail and barked up at the man who called himself the Black Panther.
Issun looked up at the strong warrior.
"We're fine, but thanks for asking."
Ammy padded over to the injured woman and nudged her with her snout.
"What are you doing, Ammy?"
Ammy somehow made a pouch of Medical Herb appear from nowhere and Issun nodded.
"Oh, I get it! You want the warrior guy to give this to her?"
Ammy barked and wagged her tail.
Issun nodded, took the Herb pouch from Ammy, and bounced across the room up to Black Panther.
"Hey, warrior guy! You should give that injured woman over there this!"
The Poncle held up the bag to the man for him to take it.

Banjo & Kazooie - Empty Wallets

The Ber and Bird were about to respond to what they had heard when the two were sucked into a random portal. The portal then closed. It would be a miracle if anyone saw the portal at all.

The two found themselves back home, in Spiral Mountain.
"Aw man...And it was just getting to the good part, too."
They heard someone call their names from nearby - it was Bottles, the short-sighted mole.
"Thank JiggyWiggy you two are back! Listen, there's not much time - these....things, they appeared from nowhere!"
Right as the mole said this, a bipedal crocodile wearing pirate clothing appeared nearby.
"At lassst. The Kaptain ssssshall have more land for hissssss domain!"
Then the croc saw Banjo and Kazooie.
"Wait....I know you! It...It'sssss me, Krunch! We ussssed to race together!"
Banjo remembered that time well.
"Yes...Yes we did, but why are you here?"
Krunch's eyes shifted from side to side, as if he was looking for his fellow crocs.
"Lisssten, my bosssss won't like it if he hearsss that I'm talking to you sssso...I'd better go."
As Krunch turned away, Banjo called out to him.
"Wait!"
The croc turned around.
"What?"
"You didn't say who your boss was."
Krunch sighed and dug his cutlas into the sand.
"Hisss name isss K.Rool. Kaptain K.Rool. And I guessss your friend isss wondering what I am, you already know, but I'll tell you again anyway. I'm a Kremling. Now, if you'll, excussse me..."
The Kremling picked up his sword and wandered off, towards what appeared to be a floating gator in the sky, with helicopter blades on all four legs, replacing the feet.*
"......Should we go after him? That thing looks dangerous."
"...I don't know..."
"Oh, come on, Banjo! We've taken everything else that's been thrown at us!"
Banjo stared up at teh floating airship for a few moments before sighing.
"I guess we have no choice...At least we're back home again..."
As the two began to head towards the floating airship, The Flying Krock, Bottles watched them from one of his many mole-holes, and he could have sworn he heard Kazooie say -
"We might get sucked into one of those rifts again now that you said that."

*Think of the Heli-carrier blades and you've got a good idea of what the thing looks like

Demincia
Minister

Founded: Jul 08, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Demincia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:32 pm

Secrets of the Raven
Part One

"All right all right girls, I think you're all being very overdramatic." Skylar began as Elizabeth and Lilith began to boobytrap the place in anticipation. "These Ushers are just doing their job, and they've already gotten Jackie, I saw her in their car! If we calm down and speak to them diplomatically, we could convince them we're no threat!" She reasoned. "I know one of them, she's likely to agree to help me out!"

"So this is fun." Rickard muttered to the handcuffed, unconscious forms of Jackie and Kyle. "So what are you in for? I'm in for public intoxication."

Jackie slouched down a little, causing her mouth to open a little.

"Jaw dropping, I know."

Kessler, Cassidy, and the rest of the Ushers were still exploring the building, attempting to navigate through the fog.

"I can't see shit!" Cassidy hissed in frustration, causing Augustus, a very older Usher, to respond with "Cassidy, shut the fuck up, we can't see shit either!"

Kessler debated using the gun on herself, already preparing for the bickering the two would inevitably get into and that she would inevitably get dragged into. The other Ushers acted normally and remained silent as they continued going through the building.

Elizabeth got up from the floor, the shadowy tendrils stretching out until they broke free from the palm of her hand, only to be replaced by more that came from the sleeves of her coat and dive into her wound. The witch winced in pain at the sudden intrusion but did nothing more as she replied back to Skylar's plan. "Sure, we can talk things out with them. Maybe we can hold hands and sing songs together by a camp fire after this little misunderstanding." the snarky witch said.

The detective took out a marker and walked to the door, drawing a magic circle on it. "Even if you have one of them somehow agreeing with you that isn't going to change anything. They think we're more of a threat to the masquerade than the cult because whether they hate the cult or not those wankers aren't trying to burn the whole town. As far as first impressions go, Jackie gave the Usher a pretty shoddy one for both this group and for me being the leader. They hold me accountable since I failed to tell her how things work in this world." Elizabeth said as she stepped back, admiring her handiwork.

Jraden
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Jraden » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Secrets of the Raven Collaboration Post
Part Two

"Now all it needs is the finishing touch." Elizabeth ordered the tenebraes to let go of her palm as she rubbed the center of the circle, smearing the center and the door with her blood. The witch pressed her hand on the door and closed her eyes, chanting an incantation as she focus her will on the spell.

Lilith sniffed the air a few times as the scent of Elizabeth's blood wafted towards her. "I suppose you spend your free time waving bratwurst under the noses of the hungry too?" she asked, ignoring her her instincts urging her to refuel.

The idea of diplomacy was nice- Lilith had never been fond of confrontations- but she had reservations. "It would be nice if they would stand down peacefully," she began, "but from what I overheard the man tell Fräulein Ashwood, I do not think it will work out no matter who it is you know. But it is something we must try, I do not want there to be any bloodshed if it is avoidable."
She cocked her head slightly. "They are here. Splitting up." she reported. "They would expect Fräulein Ashwood to be here, but they have no way of knowing I have arrived. If they do not see me, we still will have some element of surprise." she whispered. "Try talking to them, I will be nearby, unseen. I will return if needed" the vampire said before her body lowered into the fog, completely disappearing among it.

"No!" Skylar suddenly yelled at Elizabeth once Lillith had left.. "I've had enough of this! All this fighting! All this Death! All this cynicism!" She was positively pissed of, and she was unintentionally affecting the emotions of those around her, it's possible that Elizabeth might start feeling a bit afraid.

"Diplomacy is not dead! You want to do things your way Elizabeth!" Skylar yelled. "Your way is a terrible! You got us all into this mess because you can't talk things out! That's why we have bloody Ushers on us! So you know what, I am going to talk them down..." she was now firmly glaring into Elizabeth's eyes, pent up irritation manifesting as she towered over the short goth detective. "And I will get them to sing campfire songs. No one will die. And you know what? You're going to thank me for it." And with that, she disappeared.

Not for long though, because she popped up in front of a certain Usher she had encountered in the past. "Morgan!" She greeted, causing the Usher in question to exclaim "Fucking shit!" As she attempted to attack Skylar with her baton. Skylar, who had been hit with it before and knew what it could do, easily dodged, and the baton lodged itself into an old kitchen shelf.
"Morgan it's me! Skylar Kent!"

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:52 pm

Secrets of the Raven Collaboration Post
Part Three
"The hell you doing here?" Morgan asked, rightfully confused, but still retaining her cool as she pulled her baton out of the now destroyed cupboard.

"Traveling the world! Simon and Hope are with me!"

"They are?" Kessler questioned. "Wait don't get me distracted, what are you doing in this run down building? Are you helping Ashwood?"

"Yes I'm helping her, there's an evil murder cult that's threatening reality itself, and you're trying to arrest us!" She proclaimed.
"I...you're being serious?"
"Of course I am! Why would I lie about this! Me and Elizabeth are fine, I'll be honest you could do whatever you have to with Jacqueline, but you have to believe me that this doesn't need to end in conflict! Please Morgan, I've never let you down before, Simon and Hope's lives are at stake! You can't let them down!"

Kessler cussed to herself. She had a job to do... but god damn it, the Kents had proven themselves to be good, reliable people in Texas, she wasn't going to let blind loyalty get in the way like Augustus had.

"Fine." She almost hissed out, putting her baton away. "But you and Simon are going to owe me." And with that, she and Skylar walked out and were greeted by the rest of the Ushers, drawn by the noise of Kessler cursing and destroying the unfortunate shelf/cabinet thing with her baton.

"She's not Ashwood." Augustus stated simply, his gun aimed directly at her skull.

"Look, this is all a misunderstanding, we can work this out-"

"Fucking shut up!" He yelled. "You're not even human. You're just a specter. A ghost. An abomination, and an insult to life." He spat, his spit going through Skylar's incorporeal form. "You don't deserve to exist. We are going to put you down, send you back to the Shadowlands, and then we are going to deal with Ashwood and the rest of her gang of fuckups. It's our job, and will offer you one last to leave. Now."

There was a tense, uncomfortable silence as Skylar stood her ground, staring down the barrel of the gun. She didn't move.

"You're right." She said simply. "I don't deserve to exist."

Augustus' eyebrows raised.

"But I do exist. This is what I'm stuck with. This is the life you're stuck with, and please, let me explain that something so much bigger is going on, letting me talk for a few minutes won't kill you, and if not...then I won't stand in your way."
Augustus' eyes narrowed even more as Cassidy aimed her own gun at Augustus and told him to stand down. This turned out to be a poor choice as another Usher aimed his gun at Cassidy, and an Usher aimed a gun at him...and now the Ushers were all holding each other at gunpoint. Great.

"STOP IT!" Skylar yelled, using her powers to affect their decision making. "I came here to talk to you guys so that there wouldn't be more violence, now you all are aiming guns at each other! You know what, I'm just going to explain what's going on!" Now everyone else except Cassidy and Augustus had their guns down.

"There is a murder cult in this town! Innocent people are being murdered! There are bigger things going on, rifts from things that aren't from our world, our dimension. They threaten reality itself, while you guys are threatening to arrest us! That woman Jackie, she burned down the building, I admit, you guys can do what you need to with her, but Elizabeth? She's trying to stop this cult! She tried to stop Jackie! And all that's done is get her in trouble, I'm sick of it! You're my helping protect the world, you're arresting confused people who don't know what's going on. You want to do your jobs, then work with us, help us stop the evil cult that is threatening reality itself of spending your time and resources masquerading as police officers! Spend your time-"

"My God can you shut up!" Augustus interrupted. "You think we care? We'll fucking deal with you, and then we'll fucking deal with this cult. I shot some fucking magical girl today, you think that stopped us? No! Now get out of the god damn way!"

"Don't you wish you were doing something better instead of that!" questioned Skylar. "You could be protecting people, you're doing the exact opposite!"

Last edited by Naval Monte on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse